Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

animation What's the most disturbing/frightening episode of a show you've seen?

PCutter

For me, it's the last segment of the 1st Terror Tales of the Park from Regular Show.

Apart from that it's Teen Titans' Fear Itself. 

I think it's these two that seriously freaked me out because they had a lot of really scary things onscreen. But for Regular show, it was initially frightening but now I actually so hard I hurt.

So what other disturbing episodes in any TV show did you see?

Perhaps its the episode "Ink Lemonade" from SpongeBob Squarepants. Words cannot describe how disgusting that episode (And the newer seasons of a show that needs to end) is.

The ORIGINAL "Ducktails"

I don't know the episode name, it was just late in the series run. (Just Google it. "Bubba's Big Brainstorm" season 3 episode 8) Gyro Gearloose invented a helmet that made cave duck Bubba hyper intelligent. well mannered, and cultured.  The new super smart Bubba came to realize none of his friends liked him any more. He destroyed the helmet and became stupid cave duck Bubba again. It freaked me out. Smart Bubba COMMITTED SUICIDE! I remember it made me cry.

"King Ramses' Curse," from Courage the Cowardly Dog is one the really left shivers up my spine. Wanna know why? Watch this.

Watch from 32 seconds. Ramses essentially kills two thieves by letting them be eaten alive by a plague of insects. If you watch the full episode and just watch how he's animated and voiced; it's just SO creepy.

• Brohoof 1

There was this one episode from David Tennant's Doctor Who. It directly preceded (or followed, I forget, but I think preceded) the two-part "Library" episodes, which were incredibly disturbing in of themselves. The episode is called "Midnight".

• Brohoof 1

I watch Ghost Adventures and it can be unsettling at times. I don't think I can name specific episodes because there are so many that fit the description. Many ghost hunting shows are junk, and this one isn't a huge exception, but it can be interesting and some episodes are very disturbing.

• 3 years later...

The 6teen special "Dude of the Living Dead" was surprisingly pretty damn intense. There's a zombie infestation in the mall and the danger feels VERY real. And seeing the teens THIS terrified and worried (especially sweet lil Caitlin) is pretty dang gutwrenching honestly :mlp_blink:

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

There's an episode of King of the Hill that ends with Luanne and Peggy watching a man horribly die from a meat processor and kinda brush it off. Pigmaleon. It's not like it's a bad episode or anything, but even if you try passing it off as a "Halloween" episode(since the last act takes place during a Halloween party), it still feels incredibly out of place the kind of show it is

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 1

Two Ren & Stimpy episodes come to mind.  

The 1st episode "A Yard Too Far", an outright disturbing version of the Yogi Bear "Pie Pirates" cartoon of the duo trying to retrieve some "cookies":okiedokieloki: resting to cool from a window in a backyard guarded by the :smolder:vicious baboon.  When it comes to their 2nd plan:baconmane: to retrieve the "cookies", Ren laughs oddly strange, then Stimpy laughs oddly strange with him, they both laugh :eww:oddly strange together.  To top this scene, Ren does something that shocks you to the stomach:sealed: so much:unsure: that you're going to have to watch the uncut version of the episode if you can find it your tough voyage online.  Their final plan to retrieve the "cookies" has them disguising themselves as the wife and just unthinkable disturbing:stressed: when what it is the husband wants :lostit:Ren and Stimpy, who are both disguised as the wife, to do.  

The 2nd episode "An Abe Divided", the duo saw off the Lincoln Memorial's head to remove a treasure in it:bea:  After this is accomplished, Ren freaks out in a weird way:blink: when he realizes the Memorial head is no longer there and the wacky ideas:unamused: he and Stimpy have to replace it.  What's worse is the episode, more so the headless Memorial itself, resembles the :nom:chaotic, harsh ideal:Cozy: divisive, online crowd toxic:angry: and very toilet-ish:mlp_gag: America we live in today:yeahno:  Also in the episode, Ren's attempt to slip into:wacko: the giant head involves huge nose picking:BornAgainBrony: and the guy's name:dry: who hired them to guard the Memorial.  

I can't exactly put it all into terms, but I've seen a few Walking Dead episodes that were pretty disturbing, I think? It's been years, so I can't say for sure.

• Brohoof 1

I recently watched a Fairly Odd Parents episode called "It's a Wishful Life" out of curiousity where Timmy Turner was tired of being underappreciated so he wished he didn't exist and he walked around town seeing if nobody missed him. Everyone seemed much happier without him and they had no health or financial problems.

The lesson at the end of "you should do good deeds because it's the right thing to do, not because you want attention" was nice but it felt like not much was resolved. Timmy went with the idea of "I'd rather be alive with the possibility of inconviencing others" which, well of course it's good he chose to stick around but the fact that he still feels like a huge inconvienience, even to his usually supportive fairies, seems very wrong. Perhaps this changes for the better in future episodes but I have not investigated this.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2018-09-19 at 11:02 AM, cuteycindyhoney said:

The ORIGINAL "Ducktails"

I don't know the episode name, it was just late in the series run. (Just Google it. "Bubba's Big Brainstorm" season 3 episode 8) Gyro Gearloose invented a helmet that made cave duck Bubba hyper intelligent. well mannered, and cultured.  The new super smart Bubba came to realize none of his friends liked him any more. He destroyed the helmet and became stupid cave duck Bubba again. It freaked me out. Smart Bubba COMMITTED SUICIDE! I remember it made me cry.

That’s interesting. A similar angle was used in an episode of Transformers called Grimlock’s Brain. By biting into cables inside Unicron’s head, he somehow gained a portion of his vast knowledge. But after building a new Autobot named Computron, he had nothing to fill its data banks except for the genius mind he just acquired. So he transferred all that data to Computron and went back to being regular not so smart Grimlock. 

But the most disturbing episode of Transformers G1 was Dark Awakening where Optimus Prime is revived and apparently dies again by the time it’s over.