Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What year did you first start watching MLP?

Shy

I started in 2017 too. Like I've said before, I found the show and fandom at a time when I really needed it, but I still regret not getting into it earlier (I waited five or six years after hearing about the show before I actually watched it)...

• Brohoof 4

I heard about about MLP back in the 80s when it first came out but never watched it. I didn’t start watching it until last year with my niece and then binged watched the seasons this year.

Edited by Twilight Luna
  • Brohoof 3

Me? I started watching the show in 2011, which was.... 7 years ago. I have been into MLP for more than 7 years at this point! Wow. xD I started watching in around June or July 2011, right after I graduated high school. And I finished all of season 1 before season 2 even premiered. Those of you who got into the show after season 2 will never know what it was like to wait a full week for the resolution of an episode. Return of Harmony part 1 aired a week before part 2 did, and my my, that was sure a painful week. After that they stopped doing that and had the two parters air right after each other.

But yeah, I have been into the show for a long time, but I never really did partake into brony stuff until 2012.

• Brohoof 2

My Little Pony in general?  I saw the very first movie when I was five or so.  My babysitter put it on for the girls she was also sitting, as the only boy she was sitting at the time, I lost the vote.

Friendship is Magic, I saw the first five episodes in 2011.

"Watching it"  I didn't return to watch episode 6 and beyond till April of 2018.

Edited by Rising Dusk
  • Brohoof 2

I think 2014? I remember which house I lived in when I first watched it. But I believe I only watched the show sparingly until 2016, when I really started getting into it.

And if we're talking about all generations, then I have faint memories of watching Generation 3 of MLP, Princess Promenade and Ladybug Jamboree. 

Edited by SkyPie
Added on G3.
  • Brohoof 2

I started last year to... i actually wasn't trying to avoid it or anything. It just never cross my mind to watch. I think what got me to want to check it out was the pinky pie dead pool death battle and Smile HD. It seemed interesting and checked it out. Rest is history.

Edited by Kadeda
  • Brohoof 1

2011. July of 2011, more specifically. I heard a lot of good things about the show from my e-friends who wanted me to give it a chance. I wasn't truly invested in the show at first, but got really into it after five episodes. Most people I knew stopped watching it and moved on to other things after some time, and I admittedly had second thoughts about staying with the fandom at one point in 2013, but I have never wanted to stop being a fan since then.

• Brohoof 1