Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season 9 Waiting/Speculation Thread -

Jeric

• 2 weeks later...
  • I would like to see what will happen to Queen Chrysalis but i’m almost certain she’ll be reformed. 
  • I would like to meet Spike’s parents or at least find out how the school got a hold of his egg. 
  • I really want to meet Sootaloo’s parents. I also want to learn more about her possible disability.
  • I would like to see another epic fight scene similar to that of Twilight Sparkle vs Tirek.

I’ll add more things I want to see as I think of them.

• Brohoof 3

On 2/15/2019 at 5:56 PM, Venomous said:
  •  
  • I would like to meet Spike’s parents or at least find out how the school got a hold of his egg. 

If we don't get an answer for that by show's end, a fanfic with an adventure involving my OC Will Guide the Unicorn can still be plausible for how Spike's egg ended up at the school and what kind of dragons Spike's biological parents were like. ;)

• Brohoof 2

Now that we know this is the last season, I hope they don't waste time introducing new characters and/or lore. Focus on using these last 572 minutes to bring the personal arcs of the myriad of characters we already know to satisfying ends.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

One thing that hasn't really been touched on is how Fluttershy is unique in that she is a pegasus with Earth pony abilities.  They could have an episode where she questions why she was born a pegasus as opposed to an earth pony and maybe how she is more like an earth pony as far as being connected in nature.  

Another idea I have (although this one is far heavier so it may not be done) is that with season 9 being the final season, there could be some symbolism in that the Apple family have to deal with Granny Smith's failing health and have to accept she is running out of time before the grim pony comes for her.

I'm glad it looks like Spike will be getting more time away from Twilight this season. Interested in seeing what the context of those images w/ Dash+Fluttershy and Smolder will be

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like we're going to see the closure of Discord and Fluttershy relationship in S9. Some things that make me think that way 

- Many show staff writers like Mike Vogel and Meghan McCarthy shipping it throughout the years

- Andrea Libman who never shipped Fluttercord suddenly tease that Fluttershy crush on Discord

- Recent comics seems to lead to revelations about Discord real love interest while he tries to get out from an abusive relationship with Cosmos. And writers of the comics usually have access to future season scripts

- Spike pointing out that ship openly to the audience in Break Up Breakdown sound like something that Discord just doesn't want to admit

Its still a speculation but out of all shippings seem to be the most visible by the writers and animators

• Brohoof 1

On 3/18/2019 at 9:52 AM, Conred said:

I feel like we're going to see the closure of Discord and Fluttershy relationship in S9. Some things that make me think that way 

- Many show staff writers like Mike Vogel and Meghan McCarthy shipping it throughout the years

- Andrea Libman who never shipped Fluttercord suddenly tease that Fluttershy crush on Discord

- Recent comics seems to lead to revelations about Discord real love interest while he tries to get out from an abusive relationship with Cosmos. And writers of the comics usually have access to future season scripts

- Spike pointing out that ship openly to the audience in Break Up Breakdown sound like something that Discord just doesn't want to admit

Its still a speculation but out of all shippings seem to be the most visible by the writers and animators

the  show staff writers like Mike Vogel and Meghan McCarthy don't ship characters. They know that they have a very strong friendship and  do for the friendship between these characters and they do this for the children. Hasbro is the boss and one who does things and the writers are with him.

I'm still hoping for crucial episodes regarding the ninth and final season of MLP. I know this has been mentioned before, but it just needs to be said again:

- Scootaloo's origins regarding her childhood. And to see if she has long-lost parents that were never mentioned for the past eight seasons, or if she was raised at an orphanage. Yes, Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo are considered to be siblings, but biologically-wise, they're not true siblings. (On a side note, her inability to fly was shown in Flight to the Finish, and explained by Faust that she has a disability that prevents her from flying normally, though Bulk Biceps has small wings and was still able to fly despite his muscular appearance.)

- The return of Suri Pollomare, to see if she's plotting a revenge against Rarity by sabotaging her new shop in Manehattan, and even blackmail Coco Pommel for leaving her. Her only appearance was in Rarity Takes Manehattan, and she made no further appearances besides a few mentions and cameo appearances, but that's about it. Would love to see if she'd either see the error of her ways, or continue her ways by taking advantage of others, only to be exploited as a con mare she is. Of course, only time will tell.

- Babs Seed (with new VA, since her original VA had quit the show altogether) with a new cutie mark reveal. Yes, this was mentioned in Crusaders of the Lost Mark, but it was never officially revealed on what her cutie mark really is. And this was due to her previous VA having walked off from the show and stopped playing as the character altogether.

- Return of the Diamond Dogs. To me, they're completely underrated, and their first and only appearance was A Dog and Pony Show. They've been completley left out for the past eight seasons since their only appearance, dating all the way back in Season 1. It'd be amazing to see them return, even if it's for one, final time for S9.

- (This is more of a bonus speculation, so it's entirely optional) Another special guest character with a special guest VA, that is, Steve Blum. Why Steve Blum? Well, he's seriously famous for his own voice. That deep, badassery of a voice is just downright amazing. Before you'd ask, yes, Kelly Sheridan also voiced Sango from InuYasha before. Steve Blum voiced several other characters including Spike Spiegel from Cowboy Bebop, so it shouldn't come off as a surprise.

- Blueblood making his return, maybe discover his origins behind his snobbish behavior and mistreatment towards Rarity from the episode The Best Night Ever. He could either change or be fully exposed that he is nothing more than a fraud to royalty.

- Nightmare Moon's return, but also embrace her anti-hero nature, rather than full villain (same with Daybreaker, if they can harness their negative selves). She could be a valuable asset in taking on villains like Sombra and Tirek, even Cozy Glow, and aid the heroes as well. Knowing Cozy Glow, she may be a filly, but she isn't that easily intimidated, and can prove to be a challenge as well.

- The Sphinx, who was also Somnambula's foe, as a real character like Ahuizotl and Daring Do. The Sphinx only made her first appearance in Daring Done?, only in flashbacks, and has never appeared as a real being ever since. There should also have more development and screentime about her, even include a voice actress as well.

- The Shadowbolts as a real group. Not counting the Washouts led by Lightning Dust (unless she switches into that group), they may have appeared to be nothing more than shadowy manifests from Nightmare Moon, but it'd be surprising if they were to re-emerge as sentient beings assuming their similar forms back in Friendship Is Magic (Part 2), and they could assume their role as neutral groups.

On 4/7/2019 at 10:06 PM, FlareGun45 said:

This could still be Spike's season! He still has a chance! I got the feeling the finale belongs to him!

This is the last season. It will belong to Mane6 and Tiwlight. Be happy is Spike even play any role

• 2 weeks later...

I got the feeling episodes 1-4 just told us what each of Sparkle's 7 and Student 6 are gonna do in the finale! Don't take my word for it though, it's just a gut feeling.

Episodes 1-2 told us what the Mane 6'll probably do, episode 3 for the Student 6, and episode 4 for Spike!

• 2 weeks later...