Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Discord is more powerful than the elements.

Sepul-Coloratura

The only thing could possibly win the allmighty god of chaos seemed like the elements of harmony.

Then, in A Matter of Principals,

Spoiler

Discord tricks the Cutie Map. That means it’s power can be compromised, manipulated, corrupted. I know not good writing was involved in this episode, but it’s canon now.

Discord can trick the tree of harmony. The divine force of higher power.

Edited by Sepul-Coloratura
  • Brohoof 4

"What gibberish! And he's teaching it?!"

That joke aside, I do not believe Discord is more powerful than the elements. He was defeated by the elements. Just because you can be outsmarted by a master trickster doesn't necessarily mean you're weaker than a master trickster. Strength and intelligence aren't the same thing. All of the Mane 6 were tricked by him, and they still defeated him in the end because one of the show's obvious overall messages is that good is more powerful than evil.

26 minutes ago, Sondash Studios said:

Well, he is powerful enough to mess up everything.:umad:

Pretty cool power if you ask me.

Not powerful to stop being turned to stone once the proper bearers use the Elements at their full power.

• Brohoof 2

Well, the elements were capable of imprisoning him in a stone statue for more than a thousand years, so I don't think it's as simple as that. It also took over a thousand years without the elements before the tree was finally weakened enough for his plunder vines to get to it as well.

Discord is the spirit of Chaos and Disharmony, and the tree of Harmony is a being of...well, Harmony. They're natural opposites that oppose one another, I think it's likely that neither of them is necessarily outright 100% more powerful than the other, more that they work differently and are both capable of affecting each other to some degree. Discord was capable of messing with the map, which is connected to the tree of harmony like the elements, yes, but that doesn't mean he could necessarily mess with the elements themselves, as the map and the elements, while created from the same source, are not the same thing.

So, saying he's stronger than the elements just cause he can mess with the map is kinda jumping the gun, we've seen the elements work on him twice, and he couldn't seem to stop them, there's far more evidence that he's weaker than the elements than the other way around.

Y’all reasonably right. Though I was shocked to see Discord trick the tree of harmony so easily since I thought the tree of harmony was like a divine intervention. (like how it knows every disharmony going on and knows exactly who can fix it, how it obliterated the mean six).

He's not more powerful than the elements... but he is powerful enough to trick the table... once. I don't even think he's all that much more powerful than the Alicorns... he just has different magic. Twilight was able to block his spells when she was a unicorn. Celestia can put spells on stuff that render him unable to mess with whatever she is putting the spell on. I would say that Starlight banished him from the school but there's a good chance he wanted that to happen.

I think it's more that he's tricky than overwhelmingly more powerful than them. He thinks differently.

The table is just a part of the Tree, and the table is a part of the Castle, which is a part of tree itself. Even Starlight could use the map for her evil plot in Cutie Remark but why the Tree didn't stop it? Maybe because it just let it happen.:awed:

You have all been deceived. Chaos is but a name, and this name describes a magic of light. A child of light, no matter how volatile, will return to its creator. He only interacted with a schism in time and space leading up into the heavenly abyss where the dormant Elder Light spreads its tendrils among the stars. Soon, he too shall serve, consumed by the web of hungering radiance. Small actions, perceived victories, these do not matter to a timeless being. In the end, the only true enemies of Harmony are darkness and nature. Would awakening those gods save ponies, or would they just fall prey to a different kind of madness. One is free to choose their brand of hope.

With all due respect, did Discord really trick the elements though? Didn't he just put an illusion on the table? Even their flashing cutie marks were different from usual.