Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you wish Equestria was real?

DivineMist1000

That's a complex one.

If there is no means of contact, then it doesn't actually matter - Equestria is real, as an idealized world, to many of us, despite not being real in the sense of something we can touch or smell.  A calculation that such a world could (or even MUST) exist wouldn't alter that.

If there is some means of contact, then it would seem unlikely that the world followed exactly the same developmental path that -our- Equestria did; of course, you could subscribe to the theory that FiM is just a cartoon representation of the (communicated) history of another universe, but that would be a rather large leap to make.

However, I do believe that at some point in the future, technology will advance to the point we can upload our consciousness to an entirely simulated world, transending physical death. There would be no necessity that this world exactly match ours, and if you are going to build an idealized world where everyone is gainfully employed (but doesn't have to work TOO hard) why not Pony?

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Cypherhoof said:

That's a complex one.

If there is no means of contact, then it doesn't actually matter - Equestria is real, as an idealized world, to many of us, despite not being real in the sense of something we can touch or smell.  A calculation that such a world could (or even MUST) exist wouldn't alter that.

If there is some means of contact, then it would seem unlikely that the world followed exactly the same developmental path that -our- Equestria did; of course, you could subscribe to the theory that FiM is just a cartoon representation of the (communicated) history of another universe, but that would be a rather large leap to make.

However, I do believe that at some point in the future, technology will advance to the point we can upload our consciousness to an entirely simulated world, transending physical death. There would be no necessity that this world exactly match ours, and if you are going to build an idealized world where everyone is gainfully employed (but doesn't have to work TOO hard) why not Pony?

Or even just... something like the VR of "Ready Player One." We're really not that far away. Fans are already building Equestria in things like Minecraft and Second Life and the tech is flying towards this kind of possibility at an amazing pace. Not as cool as becoming "one with the wires" like you said, but in the words of Morpheus, "what we actually define as 'real' is simply electrical impulses interpreted by the brain."

1 hour ago, Cypherhoof said:

That's a complex one.

Not giving up that easy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAL0wihgXWc

And OP... of COURSE I wish it was real. I mean... how could anyone NOT want that? Well... aside from the haters, anyway.

Edited by bornAgainEquestrian
  • Brohoof 1

I do wish it was real however, the sad reality of it is that it isn't and probably will never be real however it could be created through VR although that woupd be temporary assuming someone will code and design it

2 hours ago, Lord Midnight Madness said:

I think it would be cool kind of like the equesteria girls portal. There would be a portal to the human world and one to the pony world. 

Imagining the chilling adrenaline rush I'd get just from putting my hand through there and seeing it become a hoof.

Edited by bornAgainEquestrian
  • Brohoof 1

Oh, the nights when I can't sleep because my mental state is breaking to pieces and I just wish I could be teleported to Equestria. Yeah, I do kinda wish Equestria was real. On the other hand, if it was real, then we'd have to come to terms with the fact that our favourite ponies would actually die someday. But still, I just wanna go to Equestria! :(

• Brohoof 1

I'd love for it to be real, though at this point I already live my life thinking that Equestria is real, but just currently in an abandoned, slowly dilapidating, shell-of-it's-former-self state; a lifeless time capsule of the 90s, waiting for the return of society.

On 9/20/2018 at 12:09 PM, Cypherhoof said:

of course, you could subscribe to the theory that FiM is just a cartoon representation of the (communicated) history of another universe

My thought process regarding the show in a nutshell.  (My guess is it's everything Spike wrote down over the course of three years [Summer Solstice of 1983 - May/End of School Year 1986].)

To quote Tv Tropes page for Friendship is Magic:

I Wish It Were Real: Some bronies wished the show's ponies were real (either to show their fondness to the characters or they genuinely wished they exist in real life). Fan works depicting them as pets, friends or them popping out of TV screens/monitors or coming to life from paper drawings are common within the fandom (with Pinkie Pie being depicted quite often for obvious reasons).

• Longing for Fictionland: The reverse is also prominent within the fandom. Fan works and discussions about what would happen if they get transported to Equestria are quite common. Often it involves turning into ponies themselves
On 9/20/2018 at 9:09 AM, Cypherhoof said:

You might want to talk to @Techno Universal about that. He has a similar idea.

• 1 year later...

Hm:huh:

Technically I think it's possible even now to create AI similar to some character if you collect enough data in right format. But it would be just AI predicting answers according to provided data (and pretty good I'd say, AI dungeon is a thing) without concepts of good and bad

• Brohoof 1