Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

health What are some health problems you wish to avoid?

Feather Data

I don't believe any health complications are desirable. There are, however, some afflictions which are much worse than others, which I avoid at all costs, such as kidney stones, obesity, and paralysis. I will say, however... having a prosthetic limb doesn't sound too bad, especially if it's a leg. Sure, it is ideal to keep all of your limbs in tact... but I don't believe losing an arm or especially a leg would be the end of the world, so long as I received proper, functional prosthetics.

• Brohoof 3

Just now, Cash In said:

Diabetes, as I already have enough problems as it is already. Unfortunately, I've been told that I'm very likely to get it when I'm older.

Did the complications I mentioned above earlier make you even more scared of diabetes?

Just now, Feather Data said:

Did the complications I mentioned above earlier make you even more scared of diabetes?

Kind of. My eye sight has been bad since I was 5 years old, so I have no reason to fear that particular complication.

How has no one said cancer yet? :P I'm adamant about avoiding health problems with my lungs especially. Lung cancer runs in my family, so no way in hell am I ever smoking. Never liked cigarettes anyways. All I had to do was get secondhand smoke once when I was nine, and that completely scared me away from that poison.

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, CloudMistDragon said:

How has no one said cancer yet? :P I'm adamant about avoiding health problems with my lungs especially. Lung cancer runs in my family, so no way in hell am I ever smoking. Never liked cigarettes anyways. All I had to do was get secondhand smoke once when I was nine, and that completely scared me away from that poison.

I think it is good you are avoiding cigarettes and sorry to hear about the secondhand smoke you got smokers need to keep those chemicals to themselves I know sharing is caring but in this case it is the opposite.

• Brohoof 2

The loss of eyesight or hearing would not be pleasant. Loss of mobility is another bad one. Mental illness is probably the worst I can think of; when the brain is broken, nothing else works, and it can be extremely difficult to deal with, both physically and emotionally.

• Brohoof 1

The main ones are diabetes and heart disease. Both run in my family. I've seen what poorly managed diabetes does to people. It's claimed several of my family members in their late 60's and early 70's. 

I lift weights regularly and try to eat decent. I'm hoping to avoid what many of my older family members are going thru.

• Brohoof 1

I will state one of the most obvious health issues i'm sure we would all like to avoid: cancer. I would like to also avoid diabetes, heart disease, kidney disease, any sort of disease that degenerates the brain, or really any sort of life-long disease.

• Brohoof 1

Anxiety. I really hate having to deal with it, and I often have to take drastic measures to avoid it. I'm jumping on the band wagon for Diabetes. Sadly, in my case... it can't really be avoided easily though. :(

Edited by Squishy
  • Brohoof 1

All of them? I am paranoid about many, MANY health problems, all thanks to my anxiety, a health problem I already have! Ever since I was about 10 or so, I have always been absolutely terrified of getting cancer. Definitely would like to avoid that, but it really seems like a 'you either get it or you don't' type of thing. Also don't want anything like diabetes or weight issues, but the second one is already a small issue with me. Because I am stupid.

• Brohoof 1

I would say all of them, but that's not happening. I had pneumonia when I was 2 years old, and I'm almost 100% sure I have Asperger's. 

But, I'd really like to avoid any kind of heart problems. I'm lucky I don't have any, as my mom had a heart murmur, caused by a congenital heart defect. If I weren't so lucky, I'll guarantee that I'd have heart attacks while I have my anxiety attacks. That would be no good.

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

According to a dna test I took, I have a genetically higher risk for coronary artery disease and prostate cancer (but those are the only two things out of about a hundred things they tested for, woot), so I guess those two are what I'm watching out for the most. But obviously I'd like to avoid all illnesses, if possible.

• Brohoof 1

Basically everything I've been through so far... strep throat, extreme fever, ear infection, lung inflammation, and other joys of life. But I mostly would prefer not to have anything wrong with my mouth or throat as it hurts when I eat. Anything that hinders me from eating peacefully is an abomination.:mlp_wat: