Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Short Comic School Project

Sunset Shimmer

oof, that took a while but i'm pretty happy with it even though i couldn't fit all the things i wanted in 2 pages so the story might seem a bit lacking

Spoiler

i wanted to have a pannel where the CMC visualise Applejack tearing down the treehouse, and that's what scared them to getting rid of the strawberries, which was also another panel i couldn't fit, so i just had them saying they will

183556031_comicPage1.thumb.png.838bf5d931ab3bd6052e5fc24158ff4b.png

• Brohoof 2

Finally I'm done! My fingers are falling off now..Anyways here is my comic. 

I drawn this in "invader zim" style since Queen Chrysalis somehow reminded me of Zim. There are some parts where I might have made fun of the characters and the concept of mlp, but no need to feel offended, it's all part of dark comedy. Which I have try to keep it kid-friendly as possible.

Now that the boring intro is outta of the way, here's "Conquer Chrysalis"

Spoiler

photomania-dce9bb4d1843d9afc1e4a5cc245d9f39.thumb.jpg.50ef728e8f4bf873f55ed9f089f04597.jpg

photomania-afdea4c01006263d221493e18853f4f8.thumb.jpg.f2be4800b4ed96ab2c5e5ac15d43dc19.jpg

photomania-d482bd8de66334bfe78eb18db23c860b.thumb.jpg.f6eb956f08281b0630bc1608d26c0c1c.jpg

you might want to open it on a new tab to get the pages in a bigger size

Edited by TBD
  • Brohoof 2

3 hours ago, Bas said:

Incredible considering it was drawn! As in, most people don't seem to really draw comics anymore.

Are the grammar errors on purpose?

I do suggest to write in a clean digital font though, it took me some time to actually decipher some of it.

Thanks it was painful. And as for the grammar errors, yes it was on purpose for pinkie's case.  But i did noticed a few unintended errors, since i was in a rush while writing it out. I just got it fixed now.  Unfortunately I cannot make the font clearer than it is, you'll just have to open it on a different tab for a larger view.

Edited by TBD
  • Brohoof 1

@TBD That is amazing! I love the angles and the expressions. The complete incompetence of every character is fantastic.

Now the question is can we get Richard Horvitz as Chrysalis and Andy Berman as Starlight:umad:?

• Brohoof 1

11 hours ago, KH7672 said:

@TBD That is amazing! I love the angles and the expressions. The complete incompetence of every character is fantastic.

Now the question is can we get Richard Horvitz as Chrysalis and Andy Berman as Starlight:umad:?

Thanks, it was fun converting their given personality to the over exaggerated  versions. And drawing their expressions to match with it.   

Guess we'll just gonna have to hunt them down then.:sealed:

Edited by TBD
  • Brohoof 1

Oh boy, Sunset just sent a batch of new comicbooks my way, and i can say they were all amazing,i'm so glad Twilight let me use her journal, though it may have slipped my mind to mention i wasn't twilight when writing :unsure:, Sigh, all right.. i'll write a letter to celestia, or is it an entry to Twilight's journal now? anyway, in return i'll send back one that i'm not going to read ever again, so you can call it a trade

• The topic was unfeatured

Okay, here's my silly comic. :ticking: In fact it's a single-page comic, but I tried to limit its length to equivalent of that 2-page limit. Two pages isn't much, so the comic may appear a little bit rushed. :mlp_icwudt: Well, I suppose it was supposed to be kind of silly, right? :darling:

9LVXz3r.png
0ImyzhU.png
SZTMM9s.png
YKdJ4Tr.png

Sunset's book would be a decent thing in school, don't you think? :mlp_pout: Nobody would suspect a thing. Messaging level 99 :mlp_toldya:

• Brohoof 1

@Bas Glad to hear that ^_^

In this case screenshots were more than enough. I worked with the second and third Equestria Girls movies to take these. If that wouldn't be sufficient, I'd use bases as well, but I was fine with what I had from screenshots. :darling:

It's all made in GIMP, an image editing software, nothing else.

By the way I had to split image into parts, as the forums put a height limit of 750 pixels per image. This is in case anyone was wondering why there are lines on mobile etc..

On 10/1/2018 at 7:44 AM, Rikifive said:

Okay, here's my silly comic. :ticking: In fact it's a single-page comic, but I tried to limit its length to equivalent of that 2-page limit. Two pages isn't much, so the comic may appear a little bit rushed. :mlp_icwudt: Well, I suppose it was supposed to be kind of silly, right? :darling:

9LVXz3r.png
0ImyzhU.png
SZTMM9s.png
YKdJ4Tr.png

Sunset's book would be a decent thing in school, don't you think? :mlp_pout: Nobody would suspect a thing. Messaging level 99 :mlp_toldya:

awesome one,I love how the journal has her avatar next to the text like a chatroom :muffins: nice toutch

• Brohoof 1

19 minutes ago, Lord Valtasar said:

congratulations @KH7672 your comic has been chosen to be the first one to be read, it will be done tonight during Batbrony's scheduled reading, check time Here

Thank you very much, but is there a way I can listen to it later, I'm still at work at that time :sunny:

15 minutes ago, KH7672 said:

Thank you very much, but is there a way I can listen to it later, I'm still at work at that time :sunny:

some librarians record their readings, i'll ask if batbrony does

• The topic was locked