Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would this movie be too intense?

ggg-2

My sister wants to watch My Little Pony: The Movie with my two nephews (one of whom is 2 and the other is 11 months) now that it's on Hulu and Prime but would it be too scary for them? It can get pretty intense especially for MLP.

Edited by ggg-2
  • Brohoof 2

• The title was changed to Would this movie be too intense?

If you think that would be intense, just wait until you see this movie proposed on the Ideas Wiki: https://ideas.wikia.com/wiki/Trixie_and_Mega_Man_X

A Death Star destroys the School of Friendship (Discord can't escape in time because a Mechaniloid covered him in concrete beforehand), the Castle of Friendship turns into a hostile Metal Gear which the Mane Six have no idea what to do with (but Metal Gear-like enemies are part of X's and Zero's routine), and Sigma nearly beats X and Zero to death with only his fists before Trixie and Starlight come to their rescue and power up to even the odds. By the end of the final battle, Sigma gets his face burned, his stomach skewered with a saw, and his heart ripped out. Ouch.

Edited by The MegaBrony

For me the most intense part of the movie was emotional; Twilight fighting with Pinkie. That was pretty painful to watch.

The rest? Ehh... just some overall dark moments. Tempest is practically being emotionally abused. The cannibals of "Barter Town" or whatever that trading post is. 3/4 Princesses being fragged in under a minute? I mean, Tirek freaked me out enough with how close he got to winning, and there was no Deus Ex Machina from Discord to fix it this time.

Depends on how much they care about the characters I think. If you've never watched MLP before and haven't been getting more and more attached to the characters for potentially years, I don't think it would hit nearly as hard, and would feel more like an average Star Wars movie (just...in the clouds instead of space).

Edited by bornAgainEquestrian

• 2 months later...

I wish it was intense... I wanted like, 4X something like the Tirek vs Twilight fight scene, but better! And for some reason Twilight never got a hit when she shoots at stuff. Instead, it backfired and made the Mane 6 and Spike fall down a waterfall. We need more action. Come on, Hasbro, it's a movie. Not just another episode.

• Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...

At their age, I don't think the overall story details mean too much -- spoiler alert - it has a happy ending.  The kids will be entranced with the noisy and exciting bits (which really aren't that extensive) and musical numbers.  I watched it with a 6 year old who is pretty brave and she only had a few very brief clingy moments.  It does depend on the kid, of course.  Nothing that hugs and cuddles can't get them through.  With the tame bits and musical numbers separating the exciting parts, any scary stuff is quickly forgotten and you can always jump ahead a minute or two if a real problem develops (and then re-watch the whole thing yourself after bedtime later.  Or preview it.)