Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Summer Sunset Celebration Trivia

Ganondorf8

Welcome to the Summer Sunset Celebration Trivia. Due to other commitments, Sunset Shimmer has asked me to handle this sub-event, so you get me once again as your host. Unlike before, these questions were devised by yours truly after Sunset personally approved of them. Once again, you can earn yourself a special badge that is Sunset approved, but you'll need to prove your knowledge of all things 'bacon mane' if you wish to succeed.

This time, there are eight regular questions plus a bonus question for those who truly think they know Sunset. For the record, these questions were pooled from the four Equestria Girls movies and the Equestria Girls specials. No comics and shorts were utilized so you don't need to worry about those. Like before, you need to answer everything correctly to win the badge, but if you get one regular question wrong but the bonus question correct, it will count as a substitute answer.

Please submit all answers to @Sunset Shimmer. She will be the one who determines who will be getting her badge. If you have any questions, you can either post them in this thread or send one my way and it will be answered as soon as possible. 

One thing I do want to address and that is the idea of collaboration. There is nothing that says two or more people can work together on answering the questions but I would exercise caution as the difficulty could change as a result.

Again, submit your answers to @Sunset Shimmer.

One more thing. This trivia will be active for 48 hours. If you're not able to submit your answers before 48 hours are up, you will be given an additional day as a means of an extension.

Here are your questions.

Q1. In order to conquer Equestria, what was Sunset Shimmer's method of doing so?

Q2. To stop Rainbow Dash from ponying-up, what did Sunset do?

Q3. In the Tri-Cross Relay, what was Sunset's part of the event?

Q4. What did Sunset try to do with her tube of sunscreen?

Q5. When the Rainbooms became the Power Ponies, who did Sunset become?

Q6. Upon her return to Equestria, what did Sunset receive from Starlight Glimmer?

Q7. To save her friends' memories, what was Sunset's sacrifice?

Q8. Though Sunset is best said to represent Empathy, what is her other defining characteristic?

Bonus: Why was Sunset's hair desaturated between Rainbow Rocks and Friendship Games?

• Brohoof 7

• This topic was pinned and featured

crap, equestria girls is not my expertise...well time to do some hardcore research.

Also can you clarify the bonus question, i'm not sure what its asking.

@Ganondorf8

First of all, thanks for the 48 hour limit. I'll submit my answers in the morning.

I know the answer to most of the questions. But I'm a little lost on 8 and the bonus.

About Question 8:

Spoiler

I believe it starts with a R.

The bonus question in the main OP seems more like a Real-Life reason for why her hairstyle changed. Because I can't think of a single in-universe reason (not even in dialog) for why her hairstyle was desaturated.

Can someone give me a hint for what I should look for?

Edited by Willusion

@Willusion

For question eight:

Spoiler

It doesn't start with that letter.

Remember everyone, you can collaborate with each other on answers though it will adjust the difficulty for you.

@Lord Valtasar

When you mean "on screen," you're talking about literally on screen right? So like the conversation with Fluttershy that Twilight hears in the beginning of the movie doesn't count until we see her back side? And the portal entrances don't count unless we see her physically entering it, not implying like presumably stepping out of it while Starlight Glimmer was getting over the deliriousness she was having after passing through?

• Brohoof 3

So I can tell you that the answer to Question 8 

Spoiler

doesn't start with a R. I wonder if it starts with a F?

Still looking for advice on the bonus question: 

7 hours ago, Ganondorf8 said:

Bonus: Why was Sunset's hair desaturated between Rainbow Rocks and Friendship Games?

• Brohoof 1

50 minutes ago, Willusion said:

Still looking for advice on the bonus question: 

The only hint I can give is to watch the movie in full under the other option--it pays having a physical copy.

10 minutes ago, Ganondorf8 said:

The only hint I can give is to watch the movie in full under the other option--it pays having a physical copy.

You mean Friendship Games in full? I have the Blu-Ray copy of the first 3 films.

What other option?

6 hours ago, KH7672 said:

@Lord Valtasar

When you mean "on screen," you're talking about literally on screen right? So like the conversation with Fluttershy that Twilight hears in the beginning of the movie doesn't count until we see her back side? And the portal entrances don't count unless we see her physically entering it, not implying like presumably stepping out of it while Starlight Glimmer was getting over the deliriousness she was having after passing through?

Yes. It has to be shown. Not just implied

2 hours ago, Bas said:

Are we supposed to know the answers by heart and watching eps/movies again or are we allowed or even encouraged to google for answers?

They said we can collaborate with each other. I still need help on question 8 and the bonus question.

Here's the film source for most of the questions

Spoiler

Q1: Equestria Girls 1

Q2: Rainbow Rocks

Q3: Friendship Games

Q4: Legend of Everfree

Q5:Movie Magic

Q6: Mirror Magic

Q7: Forgotten Friendship

Q8: In general

I still think the Bonus Question is a little vague and its answer is more an out of universe reason than an in-universe reason. More help on that one would be appreciated.

38 minutes ago, Willusion said:

I still think the Bonus Question is a little vague and its answer is more an out of universe reason than an in-universe reason. More help on that one would be appreciated.

There is a literal tweet by Friendship Games director, Ishi Rudell, where he says the exact reason. It can be found on Derpibooru or in the References of Sunset's wiki.

9 minutes ago, Bas said:

Does being mistaken for a power pony count for Q5?

Else, I am still wondering about Q4. What did Sunset try to do with her tube of sunscreen? , but at least I can just re-watch certain movie to get it I guess.

But Question 8 - I have got no idea. Does it start with I? Is it even a single word or rather a description?

Spoiler

Yes. It's whatever she was dressed as.

It happens in EQG4 early on, in the tent with twilight.

You and me both on Q8. I think it starts with a F

The spoiler box is to help keep people from seeing my hints

Edited by Willusion

Just now, Totally Spicy BronyNumber 2A said:

Q8 is kind of vague. Is it a fan made, joke thing? That is what I think of.

4 hours ago, KH7672 said:

There is a literal tweet by Friendship Games director, Ishi Rudell, where he says the exact reason. It can be found on Derpibooru or in the References of Sunset's wiki.

This guy gave a pretty big clue.