Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Summer Sunset Celebration Poll

Ganondorf8

Favourite Sunset Shimmer Moment.  

162 users have voted

1. 1. What was your personal favourite Sunset Shimmer moment?

• When she was offered the chance for redemption.
    • Gaining her pony ears and pony tail for the first time.
    • Being forgiven for what she did to everyone at Canterlot High.
    • Becoming Daydream Shimmer.
    • Discovering what her new magic was.
    • Helping Twilight Sparkle overcome the darkness in her heart on two occasions.
    • Returning to Equestria on her own terms for the first time in a long while.
    • Reconciling with Princess Celestia.
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 2018-09-24 at 01:00 AM

Welcome to the Summer Sunset Celebration Poll.

We've seen polls of all kinds appear on these forums so it should come as no surprise that there would be a poll dedicated to Sunset Shimmer. When Equestria Girls first started back in 2013, a lot of people weren't in favour of it because of how different it was when compared to Friendship is Magic. As more movies came along followed by specials and animated shorts, this spin-off has gained quite the following and has proven worthy of its lineage.

Yet through it all, Sunset became what I would consider both a break-out character and the driving force behind Equestria Girls. Though she started off as an unlikeable and not very memorable villain, she would change her destiny and become arguably one of the most popular characters of generation four. Throughout her journey, Sunset has experienced a number of key moments that have defined who she is, and that is the very nature of this poll.

The poll features some of those key moments and you get to vote on which one you think was the best one. It's not for a reward or anything but rather this will gauge what people here think is the one moment that truly defined Sunset.

This will remain open for the duration of the Summer Sunset Celebration.

You can also post additional comments about your favourite Sunset moments on this thread.

• Brohoof 5

• This topic was pinned and featured

My favourite moments are smaller: painting over Rarity’s store display, getting mad over the ring toss, stuff like that. It makes her feel more like a real, versatile character than just one piece of a charming plot line. 

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Ganondorf8 said:

We've seen polls of all kinds appear on these forums so it should come as no surprise that there would be a poll dedicated to Sunset Shimmer. When Equestria Girls first started back in 2013, a lot of people weren't in favour of it because of how different it was when compared to Friendship is Magic. As more movies came along followed by specials and animated shorts, this spin-off has gained quite the following and has proven worthy of its lineage.

Yet through it all, Sunset became what I would consider both a break-out character and the driving force behind Equestria Girls. Though she started off as an unlikeable and not very memorable villain, she would change her destiny and become arguably one of the most popular characters of generation four. Throughout her journey, Sunset has experienced a number of key moments that have defined who she is, and that is the very nature of this poll.

The poll features some of those key moments and you get to vote on which one you think was the best one. It's not for a reward or anything but rather this will gauge what people here think is the one moment that truly defined Sunset.

You can also post additional comments about your favourite Sunset moments on this thread.

My favorite moment was the Midnight talk with Princess Twilight about their mutual worry of letting everyone down I'm Rainbow Rocks. I wish that was in the poll.

Edited by Willusion
  • Brohoof 3

the part when she finally reconciled with princess celestia. It's about time.

Edited by TBD
  • Brohoof 1

None of the above. My favorite's Sunset jumping in front of the RM6, absorbing the Memory Stone's blow. Ever since she reformed, she cleaned up her rep and improves her life. When their fond memories of her vanish, she underwent an ordeal she thought she didn't have to experience again, but yelling at a frightened student and challenging Trixie to a fight revived who she used to be. It especially hurts when no one of the RM6 remember her for who she is now. Every event from FF led to that scene at the CHS garage. All of her memories since exiling from Equestria were slowly ripped away from her one friend by one, and her friends watched in horror. Watching her live in such a helpless state after losing her memories was gut-wrenching and horrifying.

• Brohoof 2

When she reaches to midnight sparkle and says "take my hand twilight, let me show you there's another way, like someone once did for me." I tear up just thinking about it. 

1 hour ago, Dark Qiviut said:

None of the above. My favorite's Sunset jumping in front of the RM6, absorbing the Memory Stone's blow. Ever since she reformed, she cleaned up her rep and improves her life. When their fond memories of her vanish, she underwent an ordeal she thought she didn't have to experience again, but yelling at a frightened student and challenging Trixie to a fight revived who she used to be. It especially hurts when no one of the RM6 remember her for who she is now. Every event from FF led to that scene at the CHS garage. All of her memories since exiling from Equestria were slowly ripped away from her one friend by one, and her friends watched in horror. Watching her live in such a helpless state after losing her memories was gut-wrenching and horrifying.

This was tragic and beautiful at the same time. "Twilight! Don't forget me...."

• Brohoof 2

Two moments, very close together, are my favorite Sunset Shimmer moments. First, when Sunset tosses aside her jacket right before she sings. To me, it symbolizes the final casting off of the last vestige of her wicked past. This is followed up by Sunset gaining her pony ears and pony tail for the first time. That, to me, means that she completely accepted the magic of friendship into her heart, and became worthy of ascending with her friends. 

Honorable mention might seem odd, but I'll add it for one specific thing. When Sunset Shimmer transformed into an evil she-demon. I noticed one thing that let me know it would be possible for her to be redeemed. Watch the scene closely. As Sunset transforms, she's crying.  Even then, some part of her knew that she was wrong.

• Brohoof 2

19 hours ago, Ganondorf8 said:

Next time you do a poll, make sure to include an "other" option because some voters might not see their intended answer on screen. I'm not voting until I see that option. Makes the poll less restrictive. 

10 hours ago, Willusion said:

Next time you do a poll, make sure to include an "other" option because some voters might not see their intended answer on screen. I'm not voting until I see that option. Makes the poll less restrictive. 

I decided to go with moments I felt were the most memorable. 

Note for everyone: I'm extending the poll until 6:00pm tomorrow so you've got an extra day. I also added 'Other' as an option as I know not everyone feels the options listed in the poll are their favourite moments.

Edited by Ganondorf8
Added a bit more.
  • Brohoof 1

• This topic was unpinned and unfeatured
  • The topic was locked