Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which character would you choose as your lawyer?

Sepul-Coloratura

Which character would you choose as your lawyer?  

31 users have voted

1. 1. You have no other choice so think carefully.

• Spike
    • Pinkie Pie
    • The Cutie Mark Crusaders
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Big Mac
    • Trixie
    • Flim and Flam
    • Mr. and Mrs. Shy

1 minute ago, Sepul-Coloratura said:

Well, If you could just choose anyone, I wouldn't choose anyone in the list.

That is a secret contained within the sentence, yes. Where have you even come up with this arrangement of unfitted fools? And for what purpose? Is this a fanfic thing?

• Brohoof 2

31 minutes ago, Goat-kun said:

That is a secret contained within the sentence, yes. Where have you even come up with this arrangement of unfitted fools? And for what purpose? Is this a fanfic thing?

I didn't wanted an easy answer. I wanted a very hard thought out answer. And by doing it, they would come up with some interesting reasons.

Those are the list of characters you probably wouldn't think of as your lawyer. And they are characters who had enough screentime to properly have an objective characteristics and things to back up your choice.

I would choose Twilight because she's smart. That's obvious.

And if you ask me which one from the list, I would choose Pinkie Pie or Spike because Pinkie Pie might end up with an unexpected good result, she could be obnoxious but I don't think she lacks intelligence. She is naturally lucky and good at profiling, analyzing. When she's dumb it's only when she chooses to be dumb. Spike would be fine since he's been a lot better along the way. Now since he's been around Twilight for so long, he would be good at organizing and dealing with documents. And from The Times They are a Changeling, he stands up for someone he cares, defends him. CMC's also could be a nice choice since they no longer run around seek their cutie marks like hopeless fillies. Now they can properly think, and would be serious. They might not be good at it, but they would sincerely try their best to help. Big Mac would be good since he talks when he has to talk. He is a reasonable nice and hard working guy.

Those are what I'd like to read from people.

Maybe I shouldn't have pointed out your comment since you had your honest opinion and your own reason. But I conducted a poll that way for a reason. Nice to know your opinion. I think Celestia would be a great choice.

Edited by Sepul-Coloratura
  • Brohoof 2

51 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Flim and Flam if it is corporate. They already got some of the skill set. 

3 minutes ago, shyabetes3939 said:

Flim and Flam. They've got the skills needed to be good lawyers and who says I can't have two?

They would be a very good choice. My concern is every episode they were in, they failed (Except for Viva Las Pegasus). The reason they failed is either they were being dishonest and deceptive or not smart enough to completely fool everyone. I personally wouldn't want someone dishonest as my lawyer.

Edited by Sepul-Coloratura
  • Brohoof 1

17 minutes ago, Sepul-Coloratura said:

I didn't wanted an easy answer. I wanted a very hard thought out answer. And by doing it, they would come up with some interesting reasons.

I would choose Twilight because she's smart. That's obvious.

And if you ask me which one from the list, I would choose Pinkie Pie or Spike because Pinkie Pie might end up with an unexpected good result, she could be obnoxious but I don't think she lacks intelligence. She is naturally lucky and good at profiling, analyzing. When she's dumb it's only when she chooses to be dumb. Spike would be fine since he's been a lot better along the way. Now since he's been around Twilight for so long, he would be good at organizing and dealing with documents. And from The Times They are a Changeling, he stands up for someone he cares, defends him. CMC's also could be a nice choice since they no longer run around seek their cutie marks like hopeless fillies. Now they can properly think, and would be serious. They might not be good at it, but they would sincerely try their best to help. Big Mac would be good since he talks when he has to talk. He is a reasonable nice and hard working guy.

Those are what I'd like to read from people.

Maybe I shouldn't have pointed out your comment since you had your honest opinion and your own reason. But I conducted a poll that way for a reason. Nice to know your opinion. I think Celestia would be a great choice.

Perhaps you did. Such threads are really not all that interesting, so people tend to be of little words, if any, or they choose to entertain themselves instead of giving well-written answers. A bit of background, a story to paint a situation where these characters would need to act as lawyers: something to animate the mind. Words with words repaid. Not always though.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Goat-kun said:

Perhaps you did. Such threads are really not all that interesting, so people tend to be of little words, if any, or they choose to entertain themselves instead of giving well-written answers. A bit of background, a story to paint a situation where these characters would need to act as lawyers: something to animate the mind. Words with words repaid. Not always though.

Well, ok.

Btw, how did you change your font like that?

• Brohoof 1

Pinkie. She would pull out euronious evidence and somehow with her charm make it convincing. 

"I know it seems like he's guilty, but have you considered how many marshmallows he can fit in his mouth at one time while maintaining the ability to audibly say chubby bunny... I thought not... I rest my case, inocent!"

• Brohoof 2

I don't know how anyone could go with Flim and Flam, knowing how bad they'll scam you you might as well plead guilty 

The list in general seems like a really bad selection, but I'll probably choose between Spike, RD or Pinkie, knowing they'll at least try to help you

• Brohoof 1

33 minutes ago, Sunlight Glisten said:

Pinkie. She would pull out euronious evidence and somehow with her charm make it convincing. 

"I know it seems like he's guilty, but have you considered how many marshmallows he can fit in his mouth at one time while maintaining the ability to audibly say chubby bunny... I thought not... I rest my case, inocent!"

I actually think Pinkie would fail if she be like 'MMMystery of The Friendship Express', but she would succeed if she works hard for the client like 'Party Pooped'.

17 minutes ago, Raririsu said:

Probably Flim and Flam. They have some skills.

They actually are good businessmen. Only if they didn't try to be a scam, they would be much successful.

• Brohoof 1

Flim and Flam do have some understanding of how the law works so that does give them an edge over everyone else. Hmmm... A tough choice indeed.

• Brohoof 1

I think there are 3 traits you should look for in a lawyer. Reputation, Intelligence, and Entertainment value. Ideally you want someone who isn't sketchy and won't cut corners. Someone who is known for being good at what they do or upholding a certain standard. that's Reputation. You also want someone who knows the limits of what they can and can't do. Someone who knows the system inside and out, and can predict logical outcomes ahead of time to effectively counteract them before the court's opinion is set against you. Intelligence! And finally Entertainment value. The sad reality is that court proceedings can be very boring. Nearly everyone involved wants to get it over with and move on to the next case. You can be the most convincing person in the world but if you can't hold everyone's attention then that means nothing. If you can be a little charming and put on a show then you can get far in life.

Flim and Flam are by far the best option provided to us. They're whole thing is to lure you in and sell you something. In our case they're selling the idea that we're innocent. They may not have the best record for being honest but time and time again they've overcome that in order to make a profit. So their reputation consists of being masters of their trade. At first it might not seem that we have much to go off of for intelligence, but their vocabulary and means of putting on a display I think are good enough. If they don't use your own words against you then they'll surely distract from whatever it was that was said. And finally for Entertainment value, well they have that in droves. Honestly these two might be a good pick even with a more conventional list to choose from. Just hope they don't abandon you for something more profitable, or worse! Allow you lose on purpose and make more through an appeal!

• Brohoof 2

Flim flam would be ideally good because of their sales points, but they're too much of a con. Big MAc seems more reasonable and observant than most of these ponies.

• Brohoof 1

On 9/22/2018 at 1:33 PM, Sepul-Coloratura said:

I'd also like to know why you chose that one.

Hi, as this topic isn't about the show per-se, it has been moved to Sugarcube Corner.

• Brohoof 1

Spike. Aside from Pinkie and the CMC, he'd easily provide the scenario with the most comedic potential as a lawyer, especially since he's the one who'd fill in the role of Phoenix Wright the best out of everyone listed. His spiky head is the perfect stand-in for Phoenix's spiky hair. :sunbutt:

• Brohoof 2