Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Favorite Things to do in the Fall/Winter

Phosphor

What does everypony like to do when the weather cools off and the days become shorter?

For me, I spend way more time outdoors even if its freezing. The sky becomes very transparent with the reduced humidity, so I tend to photograph galaxies and other deep sky objects this time of the year. I also like to target practice when it's cool outside. 

• Brohoof 3

Not much outside of the ordinary, to be true. I am one of the individuals who greatly prefers cooler weather over warm weather, so autumn and winter is a period when I become more physically active. Sure, it may only mean that I walk outdoors a bit more than usual, but it's still an increase in physical activity when all is said and done. :darling: Either way, autumn and winter are generally the times in my life when I enjoy myself the most, so I am very eager for the imminent temperature drop.

The arrival of Pumpkin Spice products certainly doesn't hurt either. :-D

• Brohoof 2

8 minutes ago, The Recherche said:

Not much outside of the ordinary, to be true. I am one of the individuals who greatly prefers cooler weather over warm weather, so autumn and winter is a period when I become more physically active. Sure, it may only mean that I walk outdoors a bit more than usual, but it's still an increase in physical activity when all is said and done. :darling: Either way, autumn and winter are generally the times in my life when I enjoy myself the most, so I am very eager for the imminent temperature drop.

The arrival of Pumpkin Spice products certainly doesn't hurt either. :-D

I'm ready for some pumpkin pie. :mlp_yeehaa:

• Brohoof 2

The colder seasons of the year are my favorite to be honest. I've never been one who likes spring or summer that much. Fall and winter are my favorite times of the year! I don't know maybe it's the snow or just the end of the year fun stuff. Plus all the festivities are amazing when it comes near the end of the year. Fall is probably one of my favorites due to the color of the leaves changing colors. My only gripe about Winter is that it is awful to drive in.

• Brohoof 3

The things I usually do in the fall/winter aren't much different from what I do in spring/summer, that is sitting in front of my computer all day long. But during the colder seasons I have to do so with more clothes on. So my favorite thing in the fall/winter is waiting for spring.

• Brohoof 1

Autumn is my favorite season. I put my head phones on and go for long walks and bike rides. There's everything Halloween related obviously. And the scenery is the most vibrant. Not too hot. Not too cold. Just right. 

Winter is my least favorite season and I try to avoid it like the plague when I can. Too cold. Snow hinders mobility. Roads suck. Can't effectively wear shorts. There are times my ride can't even start. 

• Brohoof 1

I'm still going to be out and about, if with a few more (often waterproof) layers on and perhaps a bit more frequently, but there are a few winter-specific things that I like:

1. A mug of hot chocolate and marmite on toast whilst watching a film. A habit picked up from my years as a student; I spent a lot more time at university over Christmas than my friends, so as it got cold and everyone else disappeared off home I would take to spending evenings eating marmite on toast and drinking hot chocolate* whilst watching a really odd collection of films (you wouldn't think of Apocalypse Now as typical Christmas viewing) and going through various box-sets (Dr Who, Sherlock, Big Bang Theory, etc.)

2. Hot water bottles. Accommodation I pay for is always cheap, whilst my dear father thought that an old wooden house with holes in the walls was a nice place to live - both are very cold in winter, so retreating to bed with a book and a hot water bottle is a very pleasant experience. I think that I might do that now actually, so I'll wrap it up with...

3. Cheap ice-cream. Seriously, go and have a look - maybe not the always-popular varieties such as Ben & Jerry's, but the own-brand stuff usually has a nice discount. Now, given the horrific fat and sugar content of a typical ice-cream I'd recommend against going overboard, but I will be picking up a few and keeping them in the freezer until next Summer (they'll keep, as long as you don't freeze them solid or accidentally melt them.) Or if you want to really enjoy the warming effect of a mug of hot chocolate, having an ice cream a little earlier to bring your temperature down even further works well too.

*an odd combination, to be sure, but it seemed to work. Marmite makes you thirsty, so at that point you don't really care what you're drinking.

• Brohoof 1

I am a simple pone. Winter and Fall are my favorites seasons by far, and what I tend to do most is go on long walks in the cold weather, taking in that crisp air and getting nice and chilly. Then I come home to warm up and get cozy, maybe make some soup. :3 Simple joys, that's me life.

• Brohoof 1

As much as I love fall/winter (especially winter, as it is the nicest where I live), I don't think much changes in my habits. I think I'm just happier and that's it. I don't spend much more time outside, unless it's snowing or something. Snow doesn't happen much where I live anymore, so... I suppose another change is that I decorate, especially for the winter. I don't decorate for spring/summer because I hate them.

• Brohoof 2

5 hours ago, TheTaZe said:

The colder seasons of the year are my favorite to be honest. I've never been one who likes spring or summer that much. Fall and winter are my favorite times of the year! I don't know maybe it's the snow or just the end of the year fun stuff. Plus all the festivities are amazing when it comes near the end of the year. Fall is probably one of my favorites due to the color of the leaves changing colors. My only gripe about Winter is that it is awful to drive in.

I'm not much of a spring/summer person myself. The heat and humidity are ridiculous and stifle any outdoor fun. When we get snow in the deep south, everything shuts down since nobody knows how to drive in snow. I don't think my state even has snow plows or road salt. 

• Brohoof 1

Favorite thing to do in the fall is do outside chores without sweating like crazy like in the summer hahah but in the winter i love snowboarding at some large hills in my town. I try to travel more up north to snowboard but ski resorts are so expensive :p

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Fall is one of my favourite times of year, and I enjoy pumpkin pie (pumpkin flavoured anything, really), hot apple cider and caramel apples. I like to curl up with my husband in front of our fire and either read or watch a movie, a thick heavy blanket and hot tea. If not tea, it's a spiked hot cider. I also really enjoy a simple, calm drive out to the parks to see the colours of the leaves and pick up coffee on our way so we can enjoy it as we walk down the leaf strewn paths.

Winter I'm not particularly fond of, but I'd say all the above except going out. >< Gets way too cold for my southern butt.

• Brohoof 1

I literally love to curl up with my hot water bottle and sit in front of my tv playing my n64 or ps2. if I'm not playing games I put on Winnie the Pooh or Nightmare before christmas (childish as it may seem, I enjoy me a good animated movie). Normally in a character onsie because why not add on to the fun (currently enjoy wearing my catdog onsie)

I also enjoy a good large mug of earl grey tea or chai tea (which ever is in reach) while watching youtube/netflix/hulu. 

Edited by FizzyBubbleTea
adding onto post
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

As someone who lives in the desert, the only difference between seasons is how bright or dark it is, along with colder or warmer temperatures. So I do the same thing all year long, work, and relax at home, while wondering what fall or winter feels like where seasons exist.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...

I love all the fall/winter/holiday scented candles, the cooler weather is always a nice break from the summer heat (although I still prefer the summer), and hoodies! I love being able to wear hoodies especially if it's my boyfriend's hoodies. :ticking: