Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Equestria Girls in Toon Boom

heavens-champion

40 minutes ago, Dabmanz said:

Or maybe they will still use it abandonware isn't necessarily outdated if they keep to what they already use.

Indeed so. Lack of support can kill though if future releases of windows aren't compatible with it...

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, heavens-champion said:

Do you think Equestria Girls could be made in Toon Boom? You know, since Adobe Flash is apparently going to be scrapped two years from now?

Waaaaiiittt... they've actually BEEN using Adobe Flash? I thought that was just as a blanket term for the style of animation.

Just now, heavens-champion said:

Well, the animation is similar to the main show.

What do you mean by it being scrapped though? The software Adobe Flash is already "dead," but there are countless animation programs that work similar to it. Adobe Flash becoming abandonware shouldn't have an impact on what any studio is doing.

Just now, bornAgainEquestrian said:

What do you mean by it being scrapped though? The software Adobe Flash is already "dead," but there are countless animation programs that work similar to it. Adobe Flash becoming abandonware shouldn't have an impact on what any studio is doing.

I see.

1 hour ago, heavens-champion said:

Do you think Equestria Girls could be made in Toon Boom? You know, since Adobe Flash is apparently going to be scrapped two years from now?

You're confusing Flash Player with Animate CC. Yes Flash Player (nothing to do with animation) will shut down in 2020, but Animate, Adobe's animation software, will still be supported for many more years. Animate is basically the animation portion of Flash.

Just now, vgmaster9 said:

You're confusing Flash Player with Animate CC. Yes Flash Player (nothing to do with animation) will shut down in 2020, but Animate, Adobe's animation software, will still be supported for many more years. Animate is basically the animation portion of Flash.

Thank you for the clarification.

Since the My Little Pony Movie 2017 was animated in Toon Boom, I don't see why Equestria Girls wouldn't be given the same treatment one day. Though it won't be as easy since EQG does use different character templates so there may be some problems.

I've heard that they're supposed to animate all of G5 in Toon Boom, but those are just rumors....... as for EQG, I'm not actually sure, it would be interesting as heck to see it happen though, it's kinda hard to picture EQG looking similar to the MLP movie, but if they're going to use Toon Boom which is what they used for the movie, I suspect that EQG would look similar to that general style. I'm sure it would look fine if they did use Toon Boom for EQG, I really liked the MLP movie art style and it would be neat to see that get brought into the EQG universe. 

One of the main issues that we've had in the past regarding EqG in Flash was that characters models seemed stiff at times. This was especially so in the first EqG, but was improved on vastly in Rainbow Rocks. I have to wonder if Toom Boom would have similar issues. Seems like a bigger budget and a higher concentration of details would have to be a key if EqG were to ever make the transition.