Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Can Alicorns Or The Princesses Go To Prison?

kewlman2006

So, I was having a MLP Netflix marathon, and a thought came across my mind "can Alicorns go to prison?". This has bugged me ever since because we haven't really seen Alicorns, or the princesses, go to prison, unless if you count Luna's banishment. In fact, I'm not sure if there even IS prison. But personally, I think they can't, since if Celestia and Luna broke a law they have for Equestria, would that make sense that they would? And who would rule, since Twilight can't raise the sun or moon, and (I literally forgot her name for five minutes) Cadence can't either, meaning that it wouldn't make sense to banish them or have them sent to prison.  

• Brohoof 2

'Why would they commit a crime?' would be a more import question. And alicorns are very powerful and has essential magic to their subjects. Normal imprisonment to Tartarus won't be proper for the situation. We don't know canon-wise how Equestria changed after Lusa was banished. And before that, if they even have to consider a possibility of alicorn's imprisonment, it means something's gone terribly wrong already. They are rulers of Equestria. Having that kind of conflict would be very serious.

If it happens, it would be like A : taking the one's magic away by using other three alicorns's magic and lock 'em in Tartarus. The power would be restored in an artifact, or transferred to a substitute.

If an alicorn turns evil, it also means there is a great disturbance in the harmony. The elements of harmony could defeat it. So it also could be like B banish them to the moon like before. Or C the alicorn turns into stone by the elements.

Spoiler : Season 5 Episode 26

Spoiler

(Luna banished Celestia to the moon in an alternate timeline. So the moon would be like an alicorn's special prison.)

Edited by Sepul-Coloratura
  • Brohoof 2

34 minutes ago, kewlman2006 said:

"can Alicorns go to prison?". This has bugged me ever since because we haven't really seen Alicorns, or the princesses, go to prison, unless if you count Luna's banishment.

Aside from nightmare Moon's banishment, no Alicorn has been shown to do something that would warrant prison time. We only know of four, and they all are exemplary law abiding citizens. In "Appleoosa's Most Wanted" we meet Sheriff Silverstar. His very existence shows there is a system of laws, and ponies empowered to enforce them.They even have a jail.  We have to wait for a Princess to actually break a law before we can think about prison time for them!

Sheriff_Silverstar__'but_nothin'_like_that!_'_S5E6.png

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 2

The depth of Equestian politics doesn't seem to be in the forefront of  the writer's mind when they are making a lot of these episodes.  There is technically a prison in Equestria, in the form of Tartarus, but whether a Princess would be sent there has yet to be determined.  Sadly, there is only one season left for them to explore such a thing and I have my doubts they would put one of their last episodes toward exploring what would happen if one of the Princess' goes rouge and needs to be sent to prison, who then wouldn't just be released or proved innocent later that episode.

As for who would rule?  That's a tough question as again, the show doesn't really paint the type of authority a lot of the Princesses have.  Evident by how some epsiodes Twilight is treated as royalty and others, she is not at all.  While Celestia, Luna and Candace are at all times treated as such.  As for raising the Sun and Moon, it has been mentioned that Unicorns use to perform the task before Celestia came around, so it is possible Twilight could, it would just be a matter of finding the right spell.

• Brohoof 1

i did not know that it wolid be the lased episodes😥

7 minutes ago, Rising Dusk said:

The depth of Equestian politics doesn't seem to be in the forefront of  the writer's mind when they are making a lot of these episodes.  There is technically a prison in Equestria, in the form of Tartarus, but whether a Princess would be sent there has yet to be determined.  Sadly, there is only one season left for them to explore such a thing and I have my doubts they would put one of their LAST EPISODES toward exploring what would happen if one of the Princess' goes rouge and needs to be sent to prison, who then wouldn't just be released or proved innocent later that episode.

As for who would rule?  That's a tough question as again, the show doesn't really paint the type of authority a lot of the Princesses have.  Evident by how some epsiodes Twilight is treated as royalty and others, she is not at all.  While Celestia, Luna and Candace are at all times treated as such.  As for raising the Sun and Moon, it has been mentioned that Unicorns use to perform the task before Celestia came around, so it is possible Twilight could, it would just be a matter of finding the right spell.

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, derpyluver said:

i did not know that it wolid be the lased episodes😥

According to the production timeline, season 9 will be the final season of Friendship is Magic before moving to Generation 5.  At least that is the last I heard, if there has been a change or update, I haven't seen it yet.

20 minutes ago, Rising Dusk said:

According to the production timeline, season 9 will be the final season of Friendship is Magic before moving to Generation 5.  At least that is the last I heard, if there has been a change or update, I haven't seen it yet.

thats too bad

• Brohoof 1

I would consider Luna's banishment to the moon a prison. But other than that the only punishments  I think would apply to an alicorn (in the extremely unlikely event that an Alicorn would need to be punished) would be banishment from equestria or having them turned to stone like Discord was originally 

1 minute ago, AJ2489 said:

I would consider Luna's banishment to the moon a prison. But other than that the only punishments  I think would apply to an alicorn (in the extremely unlikely event that an Alicorn would need to be punished) would be banishment from equestria or having them turned to stone like Discord was originally 

i think so too

but i basicly aggrie with every pony

Edited by derpyluver
a spelling error
  • Brohoof 1

The makers and enforcers of the law are not exempt from it. This includes royalty. You can hold the highest power in the land but if you unjustly kill enough people or the right person you will see yourself deposed or at the very least in the midst of civil war. Minor crimes you might be able to get away with but that's because it'd be more difficult to find someone else to lead or because one of your advisors is following you around with a checkbook and paying for the damages. Afterall if the peace can't be kept then chances are they'll also find themselves ousted.

So can the Princesses go to prison? Yes. But will they comply?

The better question is, do any of these reformed villains actually goes to prison?

But to answer your question..luna is a great example.

Edited by TBD

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...