Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Everfree Dark Tournament OOC

Literally Snails

RP Link:

Spoiler

I'm making an attempt at restarting a brand new Dark Tournament RP, but this time I'm going to be running things very differently. For those of you who don't know (most people), I hosted a series of tournament RPs several years ago. Each one had sixteen players and the tournaments completely consisted of one on one fights where everyone was on their own. I'm attempting to do something similar again (since the YYH 25 year anniversary is nearly upon us), but this time I'm going to be organizing it very differently.

This time, there will only be five (or possibly six) players, and all of them will be on the same team. The tournament will be a sixteen team, single elimination tournament where I will be controlling the enemy teams (though only four of the sixteen enemy teams will actually matter.) I am open to letting other people control enemy teams if they would like to, but the focus of the RP will be on the five players in the main team, basically serving as the protagonists.

This is still in the planning phase, so if you have questions or suggestions, I'd be happy to talk about them here.

Backstory:

The Dark Tournament. Once legal in Equestria, this tournament was banned nearly a decade ago for its brutal nature and reputation for attracting gamblers from the criminal underworld, but now, thanks to an influx of wealthy criminal investors, the tournament has been brought back with a new stadium built deep in the Everfree Forest. This brutal game pins sixteen teams of the lands deadliest warriors to fight to the death for entertainment and gambling. The victorious team will be granted one wish for each member from the corrupt and powerful tournament committee.

Rules:

- This is a typical sixteen roster tournament with teams of five. There are two ways for teams to fight in each round: a full 5v5 team battle ending when every fighter on one team is defeated, or five one-on-one fights with the best of three winning. Team captains will determine if the fights are 5v5 or 1 on 1. If the captains can't agree, fights will default to-one on-one.

Note: The team captains can also agree on special terms for the fights, such as different conditions for winning or randomizing fights.

- A fighter is defeated if he/she forfeits, is down or unconscious for a ten count, is out of the ring for a ten count, or dies.

- If a team member is sidelined, they cannot interfere with a fight in any way. Helping a team member during a one-on-one fight will disqualify your entire team.

- Weapons can be used

Note: Weapons will need to be approved by me when you sign up.

Notable Characters:

Tournament Committee

Rail: The majority owner of the tournament and head of the tournament committee. He's an avid gambler and owner of one of the teams (the team will be revealed later). There's a bit more going on with him than the other committee members and he seems to be planning something.

Big Shot: A stout earth pony and corrupt member of the tournament committee. He's the owner of one of the teams (the team will be revealed later) and there are rumors that he uses his influence to cheat.

Staff

Topaz: The referee for every fight. She's a young unicorn with an almost disturbing love of violence. She serves a dual role as an announcer as well to make fights more interesting. She's also one of the only things keeping fights from becoming corrupt since she's one of the only staff members who believes in keeping fights fair.

Enemy Teams:

Showboat Tatterhoof's Traveling Circus

Spoiler

Info: SCTC is unique in being the only team in the tournament who's owner is also a combatant. The team's owner and captain, Showboat Tatterhoof, does own a traveling circus, though it's important to note that the circus hasn't toured for nearly half a decade, and none of the fighters on his team are actually members of his real circus team. It's believed that his team is actually a group of bandits he trained to aid him in a life of crime after his circus stopped touring, though he keeps up the appearance of a typical showpony.

Theme: Circus, obviously

-Members-

Captain/owner: Showboat Tatterhoof

Description: A true showpony. Tatterhoof is a tall earth pony who struts around in a red jacket with a top hat and gem-tipped staff. He has a pentiant for flashy gestures and seems to have no inside voice.

Cutie Mark: A circus tent

Powers: Unknown

Acrobat

Description: A pink earth pony mare in a green fur-tight body suit. She has an abrasive and outgoing personality sprinkled with a love for violence.

Cutie Mark: A trapeze swinging

Powers: Unnatural flexibility, balance and speed

Muscle Pony

Description: Slow and steady, and not about to win any races, Muscle Pony is a massive, tan earth pony with muscle tone that can be seen for miles. He's cocky and loves to brag, though words don't come easily to him.

Cutie Mark: A flexing hoof

Powers: Unnatural strength, even for his size. He can lift a full wagon on his back and walk a mile!

Clown

Description: Everyone loves a good clown. This is a bad clown. The white, black and red makeup on this earth pony's face makes him look more sinister than happy, though he does actually know how to tell a good joke.

Cutie Mark: A red balloon animal popping

Freakshow

Description: A pale grey earth pony with sunken eyes and a tall, skinny frame. His mouth is stitched shut and his ears are missing. Though he doesn't look normal, he still doesn't look like the kind of disfigured pony one would pay to see. Perhaps his powers explain his name?

Cutie Mark: A blue, swirling shape that looks like three talons connected together.

Team Crimos

Spoiler

Viridi: A emerald green griffon who has been a loyal guard for the city of Crimos. Coming to the tournament to have some fun as well guard the team owner. She uses a pair of tonfas that she uses her magic with. Rune Magic: Drawn runes on objects have different affects, ranging from healing magic to explosions. She will at times cut herself to use her own blood to make the runes without someone noticing till it is too late. Think of that one guy from the dark tournament with his paint magic

Defiant: a one winged pegasus from Crimos, coming to the city to guard the owner but as well prove himself to others. Having lost his wing in a battle to protect Crimos he has learned to use a Lance/Polearm in battle. His Magic is Speed, having lost a wing he made a deal with a witch granting him speed like that of the wind. He can use immense bursts of speeds to use the best of his weapons and fighting style. The drawback is that he wears out faster so attempts to finish a battle fast before he loses all his stamina

Canteen: An earth pony with very little value for life or himself. The only person he has any care for is his younger brother Melio. His eyes are very unusual, as they have a pink tint to them as well look as if he hasnt slept in weeks Insane also doesnt begin to describe him. Around his neck is an inhaler that holds gems that his brother finds, they are crushed up and put into the inhaler to give him his magic. Magic: When he takes a inhale from his inhaler his eyes flash pink giving him eye magic. The magic eyes he gains allows him to see things in slow mo and move accordingly.

Melio: Canteen's younger brother, also an earth pony. He is mute and meek, living in Crimos with his older brother he finds special flowers made from crystals. They grow from a gem. He sells them to people in town to make a living. Not really a fighter he only really came to support his older brother and provide gems to him. However when push comes to shove he can use magic. Having been collecting the special flowers along with the gems they grow from for years has rubbed off on him. His magic is crystallization. Causing things to turn to crystal. Not really a fighter he uses it to end a fight, leaving behind a beautiful crystal statue he can sell.

Aiden: A small dragon standing about 4 foot with yellow and black scales. Lives in Crimos after he was abandoned by his family for being a runt, his reasoning for the tournament is to show how wrong his parents were leaving him. His magic is his breath weapon, most dragons can breath fire, he breathes a poisonous gas that when inhaled will begin to slowly deteriorate the person. Having to inhale a lot to take affect right away a little bit will take time so he will also spit on his claws coating them in poison

Owner: Arid Blitz a Noble from Crimos, coming to the tournament to win bets, show off his team's strength and put Crimos on the map. He is accompanied everywhere he goes by a Unicorn in a business outfit, she is a tarot reader pony with immense magical abilities, she keeps him on schedule and deters people getting too close to Arid

Slots:

Team Captain: Jade (unicorncob)

Note: the team captain player will have to speak with the opposing team's captain at the beginning of each round to determine how the fights will go. He or she will also serve as the face of the team and determine its "theme." Should be a character with at least some charisma.

Team Member 1: Rose Beast (Reader8363)

Team Member 2: Frostflame (Snow Frostflame)

Team Member 3: Dynamo Pad

Team Member 4: Draco O'Malley (Dragon411)

Alternate: [Open] [optional]

Note: the alternate is an optional position. Every team can have one alternate fighter who can only be used to replace one of the five team members if they die. An alternate can only replace one team member.

Edited by Literally Snails
Linked OOC to RP.

25 minutes ago, reader8363 said:

I'm interested, what's needed to apply?

You need to link your character, tell me about his/her powers, and tell me which of the seven slots you want to be in. Once we have a full team, you'll also be involved in helping decide a team name and a backstory for how all five/seven of you got together, but for now, I just need the character.

Edited by Literally Snails

I'll either go with Rose or Shadow, you can pick which one to use

Rose

Spoiler

She usually uses a rapier(thorn), but if allowed to concentrate, she'll use her shadow to attack her opponent

Shadow

Spoiler

He'll use a scythe or his shadow magic to either guard or attack, but if both don't work, he'll use his wings and claws to do serious damage.

Just now, reader8363 said:

I'll either go with Rose or Shadow, you can pick which one to use

Rose

Hide contents

She usually uses a rapier(thorn), but if allowed to concentrate, she'll use her shadow to attack her opponent

Shadow

Hide contents

He'll use a scythe or his shadow magic to either guard or attack, but if both don't work, he'll use his wings and claws to do serious damage.

I'm partial to rose. What slot are you wanting her to be in? I'm assuming you don't want to be a team owner. Captain, regular member, or alternate?

I've partaken in one of your dark tournaments before, and looks like I'll be returning once more many years later. I'm sure you're familiar with Snow Frostflame (well you knew him as Snowflake, but that's another story), though I've altered him a bit since last time. He is mostly the same, aside from a different outfit, a tad bit more evil,.... oh and he's the son of the Snow Frostflame you knew.

Here is the character info... its mostly the sam.... oh shit... I actually lost my character info link when I changed my signature. :lostit:... well time to go find it.

Well I found it.... buuut.

image.thumb.png.39e0b9a4fc9f6223b61f57c9ff12280a.png

:( All those years of writing out my backstory...

Well balls, now I'm at a lost for what to do... aside from either contacting staff or rewriting my story.

8 minutes ago, Snow Frostflame said:

I've partaken in one of your dark tournaments before, and looks like I'll be returning once more many years later. I'm sure you're familiar with Snow Frostflame (well you knew him as Snowflake, but that's another story), though I've altered him a bit since last time. He is mostly the same, aside from a different outfit, a tad bit more evil,.... oh and he's the son of the Snow Frostflame you knew.

Here is the character info... its mostly the sam.... oh shit... I actually lost my character info link when I changed my signature. :lostit:... well time to go find it.

Well I found it.... buuut.

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.39e0b9a4fc9f6223b61f57c9ff12280a.png

:( All those years of writing out my backstory...

Well balls, now I'm at a lost for what to do... aside from either contacting staff or rewriting my story.

you could summarize here. I have a recollection of your character. We'll just need something for record here.

8 minutes ago, Literally Snails said:

you could summarize here. I have a recollection of your character. We'll just need something for record here.

Well I dunno how long its been since you've seen Frostflame... and it doesn't help that I've revised him a hundred times or so. Though here is what he is currently.

He's dead... yep, he's dead... the Frostflame you knew is dead, and this person who claims to be him is really his son. He is impersonating his father, and he does it very well. Only differences between him and the original is....
-He isn't an alchemist
-His cutie mark is different (but he wears cloths so you can't tell)
-His outfit is different...

Snow by Ariida-chi

-He doesn't carry his father's custom knife, but does wield his sword.
-He has both his eyes, the eye patch is just costume
-He doesn't associate himself with his father's organization of mercenaries and assassins.
and
-He is neutral evil... unlike his father who is lawful evil

Those are some differences I can think of. Other than that he is mostly the same cryomancer, lightweight, spellsword.

4 minutes ago, Snow Frostflame said:

Well I dunno how long its been since you've seen Frostflame... and it doesn't help that I've revised him a hundred times or so. Though here is what he is currently.

He's dead... yep, he's dead... the Frostflame you knew is dead, and this person who claims to be him is really his son. He is impersonating his father, and he does it very well. Only differences between him and the original is....
-He isn't an alchemist
-His cutie mark is different (but he wears cloths so you can't tell)
-His outfit is different...

Hide contents

Snow by Ariida-chi

-He doesn't carry his father's custom knife, but does wield his sword.
-He has both his eyes, the eye patch is just costume
-He doesn't associate himself with his father's organization of mercenaries and assassins.
and
-He is neutral evil... unlike his father who is lawful evil

Those are some differences I can think of. Other than that he is mostly the same cryomancer, lightweight, spellsword.

And what slot were you wanting to fill? ^3^

Just now, Literally Snails said:

And what slot were you wanting to fill? ^3^

Oh, but of course... I accidentally deleted my choice when I realized my link was gone. I think I'll be joining in the fight as a team member. It just makes the most sense for my character.

35 minutes ago, Snow Frostflame said:

Oh, but of course... I accidentally deleted my choice when I realized my link was gone. I think I'll be joining in the fight as a team member. It just makes the most sense for my character.

Alright, I'll put you in.

4 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

sorry for the late reply! You certainly can!

@Literally Snails Okay and it's no worries. Her'es my OC's character page. 

I was thinking he could have an item like a gaming belt or a video game controller. One of the items could give him certain powers from different video games. However, there could be a limit to only 5 powers or something like that. That way, there would only be certain powers, so it wouldn't make him seem overpowered or something like that. Would something like that work?

Edited by Dynamo Pad

6 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

@Literally Snails Okay and it's no worries. Her'es my OC's character page. 

I was thinking he could have an item like a gaming belt or a video game controller. One of the items could give him certain powers from different video games. However, there could be a limit to only 5 powers or something like that. That way, there would only be certain powers, so it wouldn't make him seem overpowered or something like that. Would something like that work?

They would need to be ponified versions of the games, but I think it could.

20 hours ago, reader8363 said:

snip

18 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

snip

13 hours ago, Snow Frostflame said:

snip

3 hours ago, Unicorncob said:

snip

Okay, things are starting to fill up now. Unicorncob, I'm going to put you in as captain since you're the first to take interest. If someone else shows up wanting it we can move things around.

In the meantime, I've added to the OP for this thread. There's now information on the first of the four teams you'll be fighting if any of you are interested.

• Brohoof 1

11 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

They would need to be ponified versions of the games, but I think it could.

@Literally Snails Would it be okay to give a list of games in a PM? This way, the powers could be a surprise if the abilities work. Also, is there a limit of how many powers he can have? Same when it comes to spells?

59 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

@Literally Snails Would it be okay to give a list of games in a PM? This way, the powers could be a surprise if the abilities work. Also, is there a limit of how many powers he can have? Same when it comes to spells?

send me the PM! Also, do you want to be a team member, or the alternate?