Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Holiday Special - Best Gift Ever

PinkiePie97

Best Gift Ever  

105 users have voted

1. 1. How did you like the special

• “Ew Glitter” - Hated it
    • “Bah Humbug” - Not a fan
    • “Sorry but we delivered your Halloween episode to the wrong series” - it was okay
    • “A surprising gift worth receiving” - Liked it
    • “Puuuuuding!” - Instant Classic / Loved it

On 9/27/2018 at 9:53 PM, Ganondorf8 said:

This is now the fifth time that the show has tackled Hearth's Warming but this is the first time where it will be an extra long special as opposed to the usual twenty-two minute affair that we've seen. It makes me wonder when Equestria Girls will tackle the holiday season apart from the comic book format.

I was hoping that’s what “Best Gift Ever!” would be.

I’m excited for this special but I would’ve liked to see how the Equestria Girls celebrated Hearth’s Warming. 

• Brohoof 1

On 9/25/2018 at 8:12 PM, PinkiePie97 said:

The new holiday special, The Best Gift Ever, premieres October 27. Hasbro posted a trailer on their YouTube.

I am really lokiing fowrd to this:

but i fell like it is in the way of new eqg episodes to go on youtube, becose after the first song i9t's been almost a week and another episude hasen't come out yet!

At first I was like - they made everypony here with normal eyes not like in MLP the movie? Later.. oh it is like a 2-parter merged into one episode, the show, not a movie. When listed on wiki it is listed same way as MLP The movie, so I thought a new movie. And deer ponies, even more world exploration? Can be only Antarctica, whatever the land stands for, or the North pole... that actually has no land mass. This is another world, so they could go by themselves another continent etc. This eliminates the need to ask if it would be related to next season like how the Movie was, and if it would be a 2hr Hearthswarming where nothing happens. It is just a normal episode.

Edited by ImpctR

Am I the only one who worries that they'll be totally "jumping the shark" with the magic reindeer... things? Hearthswarming, even with the addition of an analogue to "A Christmas Carol" felt unique enough that it didn't seem like a cheap knockoff of the western holiday season. Not sure what I'm going to think after this.

Hmm... will this be uploaded on Netfilx? It seems unlikely since they said it's 'only' on Discovery Family...

And does this mean that I can't watch it again if I don't watch it live?

Sorry if it's a stupid question, I'm fairly new. :kindness:

6 hours ago, qwerE said:

Hmm... will this be uploaded on Netfilx? It seems unlikely since they said it's 'only' on Discovery Family...

And does this mean that I can't watch it again if I don't watch it live?

Sorry if it's a stupid question, I'm fairly new. :kindness:

I'd say it should be on Netflix; the question is long will it be before it's available there. It took a while for the Forgotten Friendship and Roller Coaster of Friendship EqG specials to finally show up, so I would assume the same will apply to this.

9 hours ago, PathfinderCS said:

I'd say it should be on Netflix; the question is long will it be before it's available there. It took a while for the Forgotten Friendship and Roller Coaster of Friendship EqG specials to finally show up, so I would assume the same will apply to this.

wouldn't it be cool if we could stream it in Equestria tv and watch it all together?

• Brohoof 1

@Trix or Treat?

My prediction for the "Best Gift Ever!" special

Spoiler
  1. Everypony will get what *they* would want for their Secret Santa gift.
  2. The recipients will be disappointed.
  3. Friendship is the greatest gift of all!
  4. Celestia bless us, everypony!
  5. Roll credits

Just now, Sparklefan1234 said:

@Trix or Treat?

Reveal hidden contents
  5. Roll credits

Spoiler

i doubt predictions count as spoilers, since it's only speculation but,
i bet they'd start like that, looking for what they'd like to get, but we saw they got some help to find the perfect gift, so i'm not so sure what to think, other than !!DEER!!

• Brohoof 1

Let's hope that this special doesn't end up getting leaked ahead of time. This season has had more than its fair share of leaks than any other season prior and I view this special as being part of the current season until they state that it takes place in-between eight and nine.

• Brohoof 1

I wonder if this is the start of something that comes after G4 is done, like we have 44min-1hr mini-movies or 90min direct-to-dvd/bluray movies with one shot stories that continue G4, by having stories that focus on issues like AJ's parents, Spike's origin, or whatever plot holes (left open) or questions fans want finally answered, actually happening. Makes you wonder?

What your thoughts?

• Brohoof 3

(edited)
On 10/19/2018 at 8:35 PM, Sparklefan1234 said:

@Trix or Treat?

Hide contents
  5. Roll credits

Spoiler

If they decide go that route it'll be a tremendous rehash of "decorating Twilight's castle."

Edited by BornAgainBrony
  • Brohoof 1

So who's gonna be who's Hearth's Warming Helper? Pinkie is getting a gift for Twilight, and Rainbow is most likely getting one for Flutters. That's all we know. Here's what I think:

Twilight's gonna give to Rarity, Rarity's gonna give to Rainbow, Rainbow to Flutters, Flutters to Spike, Spike to AJ, and then AJ to Pinkie! That's my guess! Really randomize the Mane 7 interactions a bit so we don't overdo it on the same two characters who already interact alot to give gifts to eachother! :D 

5 hours ago, FlareGun45 said:

So who's gonna be who's Hearth's Warming Helper? Pinkie is getting a gift for Twilight, and Rainbow is most likely getting one for Flutters. That's all we know. Here's what I think:

Twilight's gonna give to Rarity, Rarity's gonna give to Rainbow, Rainbow to Flutters, Flutters to Spike, Spike to AJ, and then AJ to Pinkie! That's my guess! Really randomize the Mane 7 interactions a bit so we don't overdo it on the same two characters who already interact alot to give gifts to eachother! :D 

Mine thoughts (IMO Probably Best and Most Likely Scenario) are: Since It's hinted and spoiled, that AJ Got Pinkie, Pinkie got Twilight, and RD got Flutters, here's the rest of who I believe got who: Rarity Got Spike, Spike Got Rainbow, Flutters Got Rarity, & Twilight Got AJ.  It makes the most likely direction they will go in with Holiday/Christmas Special. Agree or Disagree. God Bless! 

According to Verizon FiOS, The Best Gift Ever is indeed listed as Episode 27 of Season 8, which I think is true. Even though it's really an hour-long special, I still see it as Season 8's 27th and really final episode.

I'm actually looking forward to this. Seems like a fun special. Bonus points for making Spike part of group for the gifts.

Now I'm keeping my fingers crossed Discord will not only play a role but will be invited in the end as well.

Edited by JH24
  • Brohoof 2

4 hours ago, dragoonanime said:

According to a what is coming to Netflix list for November this special will appear on November 25th.

https://lifehacker.com/whats-coming-and-going-from-netflix-in-november-2018-1829966792

If that's accurate then that is good to hear! :D