Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Holiday Special - Best Gift Ever

PinkiePie97

Best Gift Ever  

105 users have voted

1. 1. How did you like the special

• “Ew Glitter” - Hated it
    • “Bah Humbug” - Not a fan
    • “Sorry but we delivered your Halloween episode to the wrong series” - it was okay
    • “A surprising gift worth receiving” - Liked it
    • “Puuuuuding!” - Instant Classic / Loved it

Oh wow, nice and all that... but holiday special in October? urgh :scoots: But since christmas marketing starting earlier every year is nothing new, I guess that should had been expected. Grumpy old men like myself can always watch that episode during december. Trailer itself looked great! :raritysillyhat:

Spoiler

And so did those reindeers. Animals in that comic page TBD linked are clearly regular deers, whereas ones in the trailer were reindeers. It always grinds my gears when artists draw brown reindeers with that black nose

Kuvahaun tulos haulle poro  Kuvahaun tulos haulle deer:derp:

• Brohoof 4

On 9/25/2018 at 11:13 AM, Twilight Luna said:

You mean advertising Harths Warming during Nightmare Night time? Good thing that doesn’t happen here. :dry:

That was my attempt at a "Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas" reference. :twilighthat:

I would ask why this is airing in October, instead of December or even November, but, then, they aired "The Hearthbreakers" in October 2015, so no big deal, I guess.

Also, to be fair, Batman The Animated Series aired "Holiday Knights" in September 1997, so MLP isn't the only show guilty of this.

5 hours ago, This Whomps said:

I mean the last two Christmas episodes aired in the fucking summer. At least this one is closer to the damn holiday

There has also been probably 4 or 5 Christmas specials now? I want to see more Halloween specials.

• Brohoof 2

This is now the fifth time that the show has tackled Hearth's Warming but this is the first time where it will be an extra long special as opposed to the usual twenty-two minute affair that we've seen. It makes me wonder when Equestria Girls will tackle the holiday season apart from the comic book format.

• Brohoof 2

On 9/26/2018 at 10:35 AM, TwilySparks said:

I think it looks really exciting!! Though I wonder why they're releasing it in October. 

On 9/27/2018 at 12:03 PM, This Whomps said:

I mean the last two Christmas episodes aired in the fucking summer. At least this one is closer to the damn holiday

I don't like your tone using the F and D words like that. Look ever since Season 5, they always starting their seasons in Spring and end in fall, so it's been impossible to put any winter theme episodes in December through February.  Please accept that and move on.

Again, I  feel compelled to put this up to explain why Christmas stuff is being put up early.

At the end, does it even matter when you watch certain holiday things. In my opinion, it really doesn't.

We should be grateful that we're getting new MLP stuff like this special no matter what time of year it is

Edited by Willusion
  • Brohoof 3

9 minutes ago, Willusion said:

I don't like your tone using the F and D words like that. Look ever since Season 5, they always starting their seasons in Spring and end in fall, so it's been impossible to put any winter theme episodes in December through February.  Please accept that and move on.

Again, I  feel compelled to put this up to explain why Christmas stuff is being put up early.

At the end, does it even matter when you watch certain holiday things. In my opinion, it really doesn't.

We should be grateful that we're getting new MLP stuff like this special no matter what time of year it is

Ummm....okay?

i’m Not complaining about the special itself but whatever. It’s just weird to air a Christmas episode that early, in a time where everyone is baking. And yes people need to stop getting ready for Christmas so damn early, we shouldn’t be seeing decorations going up as early as August and September 

Edited by This Whomps
  • Brohoof 1

11 minutes ago, This Whomps said:

Ummm....okay?

i’m Not complaining about the special itself but whatever. It’s just weird to air a Christmas episode that early, in a time where everyone is baking. And yes people need to stop getting ready for Christmas so damn early, we shouldn’t be seeing decorations going up as early as August and September 

Kinda miss the point I was trying to make there as well as NC's point about how it doesn't matter when you celebrate a holiday.  But how long you stay in the spirit of being a good person. 

I can see you wanting holidays to stop coming early and you have a right to your belief/opinions 

@This Whomps

And you seem to be forgetting that while it's hot summer up here in the Northern Hemisphere, it's cold in Winter in the Southern Hemisphere like Australia. So a holiday special being advertised now is actually perfect for those beneath the equator.

After seeing that trailer I'm actually pretty interested in it.  Looks like a fun pair of episodes! Also Discord and Dash teaming up to get gifts sounds like a lot of fun, and and interesting pairing.

• Brohoof 1

I'm excited for the new holiday special and can't wait to see another Hearth's Warming Eve themed episode. I am curious though about the deer that appear in the trailer, I didn't know MLP had deer.

• Brohoof 3

On 10/4/2018 at 7:07 AM, Senko said:

This looks interesting though I agree the October screen lends credence to the Theory Christmas keeps trying to take over other holidays.

It kinda makes you wonder why we didn't get a Nightmare Night special tho :huh:. Not to mention it's been featured twice I think, while HWE have been featured most seasons by now :dash:.

On 10/6/2018 at 3:39 PM, MLPFanatic34 said:

I'm excited for the new holiday special and can't wait to see another Hearth's Warming Eve themed episode. I am curious though about the deer that appear in the trailer, I didn't know MLP had deer.

So far, deer have only appeared in the comic. Just ask @PathfinderCS what inspired him to make his own OC of the same name? ;)

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Happy Yoshi said:

So far, deer have only appeared in the comic. Just ask @PathfinderCS what inspired him to make his own OC of the same name? ;)

Four deer OCs and my main sona; those comics really inspired quite a bit (though two of those OCs were designed by someone else). Also; Blackthorn is best deer still~

852043__safe_blackthorn_rainbow+dash_spo

• Brohoof 2

• The title was changed to Best Gift Ever - Hype/Reviews/Reaction/Discussion - Premieres 10/27/18