AlicornSpell

Are you happy or mad that none of the Mane Six has ever been in a romantic relationship?

Are you happy or mad that none of the Mane Six has ever been in a romantic relationship?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy or mad that none of the Mane Six has ever been in a romantic relationship?

• HAPPY
    • MAD

I think that My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is starting to reach it's end, and still none of the Mane Six has ever been in a romantic relationship with any pony.

I'm kinda mad, since I wanted Rainbow Dash to get into a romantic relationship with Soarin. 

Edited by AlicornSpell

f2242743b97f61442b2a80c824e4dc0474bcafac

If it happens, cool. If it doesn't happen, cool. It's not like the show itself is completely devoid of romantic themes, what with the Cakes, Maud or Cadence.

I'm actually glad that none of them have been in a relationship because knowing the show, there's no way I'd be happy with the pairings :mlp_please: 

Badges

Actually kind off neutral about it.i think Twilight and Rarity did had few moments of weakness but that's it. There is a questionable love triangle between Spitfire Soarin and Dash. Applejack doesn't really count because she never showed an interest

Edited by R.D.Dash

I'm happy about it, personally, I like that this show doesn't really focus on romance a lot with the main characters, it's all about Friendship and it's importance. All of the main cast are characters who are all around happy with their lives, even without a relationship, there's no rush to get into one, no "You need to be in a relationship now, you're an adult!", none of that, I like it that way. I don't mind a bit of romance on the side with characters like Shining and Cadance or Big Mac and Sugar Belle, that's fine, I'd just prefer they keep the main characters out of it and focus on friendship. If you're looking for romance, there are plenty of other places to get it, a lot media likes to shove it down your throat, honestly.

Plus, let's be honest here. No matter what pairings they went with, a lot of people would dislike them, either because it's not their preferred ship or because "Twilight Sparkle clearly belongs with me-I mean my OC!". It's probably a better idea to just leave the shipping to the fans, let them have their fun!

Edited by BasementSparkle

Too many whimsical hopeful hearts would be broken if it happened, so probably a good thing that it hasn't.

I'm pretty indifferent to this. If it's written well, I have no quarrels.

However, there's no doubt that if any of them got into a romantic relationship, several fans would be upset with the decision. Whether it's because the said relationships weren't something they shipped, because it was a character they had an attachment to, or because the pairing made absolutely no sense to them. Because of this, I'm pretty content with the way things are.

I’m somewhat neutral. The existence of threads asking about Mane Six relationships, and their historically charged reaction, does make me somewhat thankful they haven’t touched this issue, because that’s one last piece of drama from overreacting fans I don’t have to deal with. :P

I'm ok with them having no romantic relationships, it's not the focus of the show.

However, I think I would also be ok with anyone (or all) of them having a relationship. Knowing how noble the show is, I bet that the writers would only show 'happy' relationships and anything that helps the mane 6 being happy gets a pass in my book.

In terms of shipping itself, I have my own preferences for each main character but that remains being fan appreciation, it wouldn't make me unable to acknowledge or enjoy any eventual official pairing for them.

Spoiler

For example in EQG, after Legend of Everfree I kind of ship SciTwi with Sunset and I think Sunset is one the best influences that SciTwi has had in a world in which Twilight didn't grew up under Celestia's guidance.

Having said that, I'm completely fine with the dating between SciTwi and Timber Spruce, because she is legitimately attracted to him and is apparently having a fun time with the dude.

I’m not either happy or mad, that’s just the way it is.

It would feel strange since the show isn’t about the romance of the mane 6. (maybe except for Rarity) It would be something we never see it coming and it would be a dramatic turn of the show.

For example, in the manga One-piece, unlike any other mangas, it feels really strange to even imagine the main characters having romantic interest.

I think if it happens, whatever way they choose to do it, it will always be wrong in some degree. The show isn’t properly set for such topic. Imagine if they have to deal with the close one’s death in the show for example. Imagine the Transformers having romantic interests. Some shows are not set for certain situations.

But I assume in the future we never get to see in canon, they will get married and would live happily ever after.

Badges

I'm happy they don't, if they did I would hate the mane 6 even more than I do, which is saying something since I am very anti-mane 6. They would probably be boring bland billiard balls to prop up some stupid plot that isn't even creative. 

23 hours ago, AlicornSpell said:

I think that My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is starting to reach it's end, and still none of the Mane Six has ever been in a romantic relationship with any pony.

I'm kinda mad, since I wanted Rainbow Dash to get into a romantic relationship with Soarin. 

dude My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic it's a friendship story based on g1,  Lauren Faust created this magnificent show. the character Rainbow dash is not interested in having a boyfriend, soarin don't count, the a pairing made by us (fans) is not part of a relationship, it would ruin things to the show. spitfire and soarin they are friends with her, not a lover. None of the mane 6 count in a romantic relationship. the romance focuses on the other characters.

22 hours ago, R.D.Dash said:

Actually kind off neutral about it.i think Twilight and Rarity did had few moments of weakness but that's it. There is a questionablee love triangle between Spitfire Soarin and Dash. Applejack doesn't really count because she never showed an interest

Rainbow dash does not count either and and never were love triangle between between them, all just friendship. :twismile:

Edited by Van123

Maybe Twilight, Rarity, Dash, Pinkie and Aj will not get a love interest. But it is obvious that Mike Vogel and Meghan McCarthy are planning to canonise DiscordxFluttershy. The next Christmas special will probably show them kiss under a mistle toe. Season 9 will already make them official.

13 hours ago, Conred said:

Maybe Twilight, Rarity, Dash, Pinkie and Aj will not get a love interest. But it is obvious that Mike Vogel and Meghan McCarthy are planning to canonise DiscordxFluttershy. The next Christmas special will probably show them kiss under a mistle toe. Season 9 will already make them official.

DiscordxFluttershy are best friends, that wasn’t a definitive confirmation of anything in Season 9, just an acknowledgment that she approves of the ship. that's why everything was a joke, Mike Vogel and Meghan McCarthy agreed to the friendship and do it for lauren faust since she retired, is obviously what they are planning the friendship between them

Edited by Van123

Honestly, I would not be very happy if any of the Mane Six got in a relationship, because I don't see a way to make that not feel forced.

I'm happy because I really don't see any way to work a plot like that into the show without it being forced or rushed, and because Fluttershy is mine and mine alone!

Romantic subplots have been done to death everywhere. 

MLP is one of the few exceptions. Lets keep it that way. 

1 hour ago, Denim&Venom said:

Romantic subplots have been done to death everywhere. 

MLP is one of the few exceptions. Lets keep it that way. 

+1

Plus for me I feel like it essentially defeats the entire purpose of the show, having independent girls and all

Badges

I don't really care, but if it does happen...I'll expect it to be done in justice.

It doesn't bother me that none of the Mane 6 are in a romantic relationship. Maybe there might be something like that in G5.

As a general idea, I think it'd be nice to see some of the mane 6 get into a relationship. It would be a major step in their development. But honestly though, I don't see it working well in the show. It would change the whole dynamic of the mane 6. If even just one of them got a boyfriend, practically every episode she was in would have to focus on that to some extent to keep with continuity. Other shows, like Star Trek TNG for example, try to include romance by making single episode love interests a common plot point, but it got used so much that those kind of episodes in most any tv show annoy me now, so I'm glad FiM has rarely used it.

Side characters getting into relationships though? I love it!