Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

what do you think of the pony genorator

derpyluver

Want my honest opinion? I think it's alright if you want to come up with a basis for an OC of yours but I don't think you should use it just for your OC all the time. The pony creator been used so much that it has just become annoying to see someone using. I felt this way 5 or so years ago and I still do. I don't exactly have anything against anyone who uses the pony creator but it's just a bit annoying to me personally to see it all over the place.

• Brohoof 1

I'm almost amazed there hasn't been an updated version of it, with a sort of intuitive AI behind it that can rotate Ponies around and generate new angles and such. Not really the same as the 3D ones out there though, more like a machine that kind of knows how to draw.

• Brohoof 1

43 minutes ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

It's good as far as it goes, but there's a certain 'flatness' to pony creator created ponies. It's pretty good, but I wish there was more depth to the creations. I may not be describing it right, but they all have the exact same 'pose' and bodies.

you can make them as bulky, short, skinny or tall as you like so i dont understand

and on pose you can make your own pose or use the other ones

20 minutes ago, bornAgainEquestrian said:

I'm almost amazed there hasn't been an updated version of it, with a sort of intuitive AI behind it that can rotate Ponies around and generate new angles and such. Not really the same as the 3D ones out there though.

i aggrie

2 hours ago, TwilySparky said:

Want my honest opinion? I think it's alright if you want to come up with a basis for an OC of yours but I don't think you should use it just for your OC all the time. The pony creator been used so much that it has just become annoying to see someone using. I felt this way 5 or so years ago and I still do. I don't exactly have anything against anyone who uses the pony creator but it's just a bit annoying to me personally to see it all over the place.

hmm mabye...

1 hour ago, derpyluver said:

you can make them as bulky, short, skinny or tall as you like so i dont understand

and on pose you can make your own pose or use the other ones

i aggrie

hmm mabye...

It's hard to put into words, but you can always tell if the image was made with the pony generator. They all have the same "look".

I used it to make my basic Unicorn OC Will Guide look. Since I'm no professional artist, I had been asking others to make better art based on my vision using the PonyCreator version of U. Will as a reference.

The pony generator's alright so long as you're willing to put time and effort into making a personality for your OC. Back when I didn't know drawing from a stick figure, I admittedly used it for my old OC. Still, I would much prefer to draw my character rather than build one from pre-existing assets.

It allows people like me who can't draw to create refs of their OC for free. They have enough options, including the ability to add a custom cutie mark. However, my main complaint is that it doesn't allow you to add clothes like Fabulous PonyMaker does. 

• 1 month later...

I think that it's a good way to crate a pony OC if you aren't fond of your own art abilities. I see no issue with using it.