Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Longest period of time without sleep?

DivineMist1000

62 hours. Never again. I woke up early, didn't sleep for two nights and finally fallen asleep at the evening of 3rd day. When I woke up after 16 hours of sleep, I was paralyzed for 30 minutes unable to move my insanely aching muscles. It was one of the most terrifying and worst experiences I have ever had. Ever since then I haven't gone longer than ... I'm not sure, 30 hours without sleep I think.

• Brohoof 3

I actually set my own record in this field a while back. :mlp_pout:

To keep this brief, my family and I went on a trip to North Carolina, which is quite a distance away... and we decided to depart at 3AM. Due to my teenage sleep schedule, I decided that a mere hour or two of sleep would be incredibly ungratifying... so  I stayed awake that night until we departed. In short, I woke up at 9:30AM Thursday... and went to sleep at 12:00AM Saturday. Therefore, the longest period of time I have gone without sleep would be 38 1/2 hours.

• Brohoof 3

i want on for 38 months without sleep..okay I lied, 38 hours.

Edited by TBD
  • Brohoof 2

25 hours or so.

One night, it was so hot, I couldn't sleep at all. My house didn't have any form of cooling, so I just had to tough it out. Australian summers are brutal. :/

• Brohoof 2

I had sleepless nights multiple times (from my own choice - being busy and whatever), so in average, that would be around 36 hours, multiple times.

To be honest that amount of time isn't a tragedy if you're at home or something, but going to work the second day... The thought, that after ~26 hours of 'uptime', you won't be able to even sit down for the next 8 hours fills with regrets.

One time I had even special visual effects. My sight was tricking me - kinda like being drunk. :derp:

Doing that science during weekends or something - fine; doing that during the week - never again. :P 

• Brohoof 4

Let's see... There was a night I went without sleeping at a hotel... Counting the hours up, it was probably around 50 hours that I ended up going without sleep. It doesn't happen often, though, Most of the time my sleep patterns are messed with, I usually over sleep (happens to me when I get suicidally depressed).

Edited by Dusk Noire
  • Brohoof 2

i once went 3 days with out sleep. the first i had finished 3 seasons of a youtube series called 'creepy gaming' all about scary games and creepy pastas games...i couldnt sleep cause every time closed my eyes i kept seeing ...cant believe im saying this. Slenderman, ben drowned, and the freaking tails doll. happened when i look into the dark for to long too. not any more though.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Cherry Bomb said:

i once went 3 days with out sleep. the first i had finished 3 seasons of a youtube series called 'creepy gaming' all about scary games and creepy pastas games...i couldnt sleep cause every time closed my eyes i kept seeing ...cant believe im saying this. Slenderman, ben drowned, and the freaking tails doll. happened when i look into the dark for to long too. not any more though.

Don't forget Luna Game!

• Brohoof 2

I think two days? I stayed up the whole night before I was going to camp (can't remember why, maybe nervous?), so I hadn't any sleep my first day. I couldn't go to sleep until the next night.

• Brohoof 1

29 hours is my record. :P I doubt I'll stay awake longer than that anytime soon – 20 hours isn't even difficult but after 24 I start feeling really tired. At that point, just closing my eyes for a second is enough for me to fall asleep! :laugh:

• Brohoof 4

I honestly don't even remember. Probably going back into my post history several years closer to when I was trying to balance university with an overnight job would tell me the exact number. I started off working nights on Sunday night and then going straight to commuting to the university and not getting back until probably 9PM. I do not remember my sleeping pattern on Sunday and when exactly I would have got up to go to work. It was at least 24 hours without sleep regularly.

• Brohoof 2

Back in high school I thought I was super cool when I stayed up all night and bragged to my friends that I pulled all nighters :mlp_please: So Probably around 24ish hours? Realized that wasn't going to fly later on, so this year I haven't gone anything past 20.

• Brohoof 1

I would think it's around 32 hours. Not that long, but enough to make you a bit tired. :adorkable: That day, I woke up at around 9:00 a.m. and it was a completely normal day until late afternoon, when I would head to the airport and fly to London. That first night on vacation, I came to the hotel and slept at about 10:00 p.m., which translates to about 5:00 p.m. for where I was originally from. So, adding those times together, it adds up to roughly 32 hours of deprivation. :P

Edited by Wannabrony
  • Brohoof 1

I think my longest was roughly 35 hours. I was deliberately staying up to try to get a project finished for school. All I had to do was finish a Design brief, complete a few CAD drawings & write an evaluation. Never consumed as much coffee and Red Bull before in my life. :mlp_blink:

Walked away from that class with a D... life well spent! :lostit:

Best part? I was working the next day...  :yeahno:

• Brohoof 1

Something like 32-36 hours. Something like that. It was two summers ago when I was helping my brother pick up, load, deliver and unload 200 theater seats to his business. It was a long, miserable day and the hardest I think I ever endured.

• Brohoof 3