Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Watching the show (or songs) in foreign languages?

GuerrierCosmique

I watch the show only in its English version. A while ago, I planned to watch one of the advance airings in Swedish out of curiosity (I would have rewatched it in English later). But it turned out to be in Norwegian, which I understand very little of – I guess I'll stick to the English version exclusively from now on! :P

• Brohoof 2

I only watch the original, although I watched the movie in my language (Ukrainian) dub in the cinema - just to support the official release after watching the leaked movie. Btw, none of the songs were translated in the dubbed version, which made it really cofusing for little kids in the audience.

• Brohoof 1

I always watch the show in English, with the exception of when my sister puts it on in Spanish while I'm around. She wants to learn Spanish, so she does that sometimes. I kind of like hearing the ponies in another language, but it messes up my head to hear their voices sounding completely different. :laugh:

Watching MLP in Japanese is 220% much cooler, especially when they sing. It's like watching an MLP anime.

I've seen early episodes of season 1 of Japanese dub which is very well done. The Mane 6 archetype perfectly fits certain Japanese anime character archetypes. Sweetie Belle is cute, maybe even cuter than the original if you can believe it.

I also saw Korean dub too. All Mane 6 is well done but specially Rarity is (google Korean Rarity), and Applebloom speaks in rural Korean accent. They even got the Dr.who dub voice actor for Dr.hooves.

Too bad they both don't have more recent episodes.