Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Reaction Display in Status Updates

Rikifive

Hello,

It will seem like a tiny detail, but it is extremely inconvenient, at least for me.

The problem is how the reactions are displayed in the status updates:

VysDJDW.png

As seen above, it is not possible to tell which replies I have brohoofed. (other than from my comments there for presentation, that is)

I often end up wondering, if I have brohoofed something or not. For example, when giving a reaction, the system tends to lag a little - it saves the reactions with a slight delay, which sometimes leave me uncertain if it saved my reaction in the end or not. On mobile it can be even more confusing. That's true there's a number, that I could pay attention if it increases or not, but ain't nobody got time for that. :mlp_icwudt: Just kidding of course, but you get the point - it's about convenience. :ticking:

Also it simply occurs when I'm revisiting status updates. There, it's always that mystery which ones I liked already, which are new replies etc. etc.. 

Now what is inconvenient there?

The fact, that the only way to make sure the reaction was given is to bring up the whole list of users, who have reacted to this and find myself listed there.

B8jjLKJ.png

It has to be done for each content I want to check, one by one. Each list has to actually load contents, so it's another thing, that slows down.

That's true I could blindly brohoof again, nothing would explode, but that's not the point...

By the way...

It's nothing major, but there's a tiny little bug I believe? Basically, the remove reaction button appears even if we haven't reacted in the first place, so it's like trying to remove a reaction, that doesn't exist. EqE4vfd.png

licFy4d.png

Suggestion?

I think the way it is displayed in topics (posts) is way better, so I was thinking, that making these behave that way would be a satisfying result. :mlp_proud:

yK4v1F4.png

SaYGV4X.png

I'd like to express, that it would be a really, really nice change in my view. It certainly would save that extra hassle. :ticking:

Thank you for reading. :darling:

• Brohoof 4

From what I see, by default the brohoof should be grayed out if no reaction was given yet. That, and the fact that using different reactions shows non-brohoof icons afterwards---

9KSYwxs.png

--- would make it possible to determine if reaction was given to the content or not. So other than the icon not being grayed out, I suppose it was designed that way on purpose (maybe aside that harmless bug). :P

Nevertheless, I'd still prefer it to behave like in posts. It's simply super clear. - but that's just my opinion. :darling: I hope they will consider modifying it, because at the moment it can be a hassle sometimes... - and it is that way for me for a loooong loooong time now. :ticking:

Thanks Jeric. :mlp_grin:

If this is something, that would be actually beneficial for the community (-not just for me and my preferences), then I just wanted to say, that it would be nicely possible to achieve it all on your own, assuming you have an access to theme settings. It's just a single line of code in a template, that is responsible for that button and its whereabouts. I could help if there would be a need. Of course, I wouldn't want to impose so feel free to ignore this sneaky gray text. It's nothing super important after all.

Edited by Rikifive