Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

did anyone else buy Nintendo's online service for Switch?

Sarge Sixteenbit

I'm having difficulty finding anyone else that signed up for Nintendo's new online service for the Switch. This is despite the fact that it's so affordable ($20 a year, which divides into less than $2 for each month).

Basically, I'd like to find people to exchange friend codes with and maybe play the complimentary NES online library with, along with the upcoming Smash Bros Ultimate.

I've not gotten it yet due to not needing it right now, but that is likely to change towards the end of the year when certain games get released.

Even for the price the features are shit. It’s cheap for that reason 

give me Super Nintendo games for NESFlix and maybe i’ll give it a chance 

If I had a Switch, I would but mainly because it would allow me to play Paladins on console as well as PC. But if I wasn't just so curious about Paladins on console, no. There's not enough really to it to warrant buying it. It's really not as bad as a lot of people seem to think it is, but with the lack of online games in the Switch's library, it's still not entirely worth it.

If all goes according to plan, hopefully I'll have a Switch by some point next year. I may purchase the online service, but we'll see how things play out first.

• 2 years later...

I know ppl who have but I havent it looks expensive for something i would probably only use once in a blue moon. 

I considered getting it to play with ppl but the games I have arent the best for online. I considered getting it to play pokemon with someone however i am so behind on that game and its so boring tbh pokemon sword (and shield) is kinda overrated. 

I prefer when it was free on the ds :3 otherwise i just use steam thats free for online play lol 

I did get it, but only for a few games and the NES/SNES stuff since they abandoned the Virtual Console, which still pisses me off. $20 a year is cheap enough, but the service is still fairly terrible. It lacks features that became industry standard in 2005 and that is just sad. 

• Brohoof 1