Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone else notice a lack of evil earth ponies?

flutterbard

It seems to me like evil earth ponies are a rare sight. We see a lot of non-ponies, alicorns, unicorns, and pegasi act as jerks and villains but this is EXTREMELY rare with earth ponies. In fact, earth ponies are the only aforementioned demographic to not have any major villains. Are earth ponies some kind of morally "pure" race or is there some racism on the writers' part? Your thoughts on this?

• Brohoof 1

It's not easy being evil. You have to wield knowledge, skills, influence, and other resources if you want any sort of success. Not being able to fly or use magic automatically makes it much more difficult. It's likely less of them being incorruptible and more lacking opportunity. 

• Brohoof 1

7 minutes ago, flutterbard said:

It seems to me like evil earth ponies are a rare sight. We see a lot of non-ponies, alicorns, unicorns, and pegasi act as jerks and villains but this is EXTREMELY rare with earth ponies. In fact, earth ponies are the only aforementioned demographic to not have any major villains. Are earth ponies some kind of morally "pure" race or is there some racism on the writers' part? Your thoughts on this?

Whoa. Careful using the R word when talking about the writers. There is not necessaily any truth to that. Just because they don't use Earth Pony Villians, that doesn't automatically mean racism is involved.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, SharpWit said:

It's not easy being evil. You have to wield knowledge, skills, influence, and other resources if you want any sort of success. Not being able to fly or use magic automatically makes it much more difficult. It's likely less of them being incorruptible and more lacking opportunity. 

Just give them an evil MacGuffin, and they'll be all set.

Just now, A.V. said:

Just give them an evil MacGuffin, and they'll be all set.

They'd either have to be so in tune with the earth that they could manipulate plants at will or have some enchanted object but the only time I've seen an earth pony use one would be with Pinkie Pie and Applejack with the elements of harmony which are so special that I'm not sure a lesser item could be wielded by an earth pony.

We do actually have one villainous earth pony, Dr.Cabelleron!