Jump to content

Anyone else notice a lack of evil earth ponies?


Recommended Posts

It seems to me like evil earth ponies are a rare sight. We see a lot of non-ponies, alicorns, unicorns, and pegasi act as jerks and villains but this is EXTREMELY rare with earth ponies. In fact, earth ponies are the only aforementioned demographic to not have any major villains. Are earth ponies some kind of morally "pure" race or is there some racism on the writers' part? Your thoughts on this?

 

  • Brohoof 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges


Register now to remove this ad.

It's not easy being evil. You have to wield knowledge, skills, influence, and other resources if you want any sort of success. Not being able to fly or use magic automatically makes it much more difficult. It's likely less of them being incorruptible and more lacking opportunity. 

  • Brohoof 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, flutterbard said:

It seems to me like evil earth ponies are a rare sight. We see a lot of non-ponies, alicorns, unicorns, and pegasi act as jerks and villains but this is EXTREMELY rare with earth ponies. In fact, earth ponies are the only aforementioned demographic to not have any major villains. Are earth ponies some kind of morally "pure" race or is there some racism on the writers' part? Your thoughts on this?

 

Whoa. Careful using the R word when talking about the writers. There is not necessaily any truth to that. Just because they don't use Earth Pony Villians, that doesn't automatically mean racism is involved.

  • Brohoof 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SharpWit said:

It's not easy being evil. You have to wield knowledge, skills, influence, and other resources if you want any sort of success. Not being able to fly or use magic automatically makes it much more difficult. It's likely less of them being incorruptible and more lacking opportunity. 

Just give them an evil MacGuffin, and they'll be all set.

  • Pondering 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, A.V. said:

Just give them an evil MacGuffin, and they'll be all set.

They'd either have to be so in tune with the earth that they could manipulate plants at will or have some enchanted object but the only time I've seen an earth pony use one would be with Pinkie Pie and Applejack with the elements of harmony which are so special that I'm not sure a lesser item could be wielded by an earth pony.

We do actually have one villainous earth pony, Dr.Cabelleron!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...