Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Everfree Dark Tournament RP

Literally Snails

OOC:

Spoiler

@Unicorncob @Arid_Blitz @dragon4111 @Dynamo Pad @reader8363 @Snow Frostflame

The Dark Tournament. Once legal in Equestria, this tournament was banned nearly a decade ago for its brutal nature and reputation for attracting gamblers from the criminal underworld, but now, thanks to an influx of wealthy criminal investors, the tournament has been brought back with a new stadium built deep in the Everfree Forest. This brutal game pins sixteen teams of the lands deadliest warriors to fight to the death for entertainment and gambling. The victorious team will be granted one wish for each member from the corrupt and powerful tournament committee.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Crowds of all kinds converged on the newly mented stadium deep in the heart of the Everfree Forest. Most arrived by skyboats. Large, public skyboats landed huge crowds of fans outside the stadium.

The stadium was a massive, concrete colosseum with multi-level seating surrounding an elevated circular ring where all the fights would take place. There was ring of grass between the combat ring and the seating where fighters would stand when they aren't in a match. The stadium was also complete with overhanging, VIP rooms, vendors where guests could place bets on the fights. 

The stadium was surrounded by three hotels. They were all elegantly designed with large glass windows and gold and black paint decorating the outer walls. One of the hotels was made of glass and steel. It was the largest hotel where most of the guests stayed. The smallest hotel was the most elaborately designed, complete with gold painted statues and immaculate wall carvings. That hotel was where the rich guests, team owners, and members of the tournament committee would be staying. The last hotel was a simpler design, concrete walls with horizontal tinted windows. That hotel was only for combatants and staff. Each team had a multiroom suite with six beds and a common room.

Jade, Rose, Frostflame, Dynamo, and Draco exited a small skyboat that parked in front of the fighter's hotel. They could see ponies, griffins, and dragons of all sizes walking out of similar skyboats. Many of them had armor and weapons, others were dressed in silk dresses and fancy suits. It was hard to tell which of them were combatants in the tournament because they didn't know anything about who they were up against. In fact, they knew very little about the tournament. The five of them were only given four months of notice before the tournament began, and participation for them was not optional. How they spent those four months was up to them, but now they had no time to delay. The tournament was already beginning, and the five of them would be fighting tomorrow. 

((You're basically wandering and interacting right now. Fights will start soon, but your team doesn't fight today. You can go to the stadium to watch fights, the hotel room to check your room, or wander around looking for the competition. The first match of the tournament will be a nobody team fighting the "big bads" that you'll be going up against in the finals, so you should probably watch that. @Unicorncob there's something in your hotel suite just for you))

Edited by Literally Snails

Rose silently slipped between the groups of spectators, being glad that her father wasn't going to be there. She wanted to grab a drink before heading towards the room that she was going to be staying in, but she was already heading towards the room. The last thing she needed to be was targeted before it started while getting the drink. She looked at her rapier on her back and remembered what her father said before she left. She shook her head and slipped into the room, she didn't see any of her teammates after arriving at the games.

• Brohoof 1

Frostflame examined his surroundings, "The Dark Tournament" he thought to himself. Thoughts rushed through his mind, thoughts of anger, and regret... "I'm going to make him pay for this. I'am not a slave for entertainment, I'am a skilled spell sword, I kill on my own volition, not because some schmuck in a suit said so." He took notice of everyone around him, but didn't didn't care. He knew this was a death sentence for him, but these people are eagerly digging their own grave for money and fame, or spectating this blood bath for their own entertainment. Frostflame zoned out again, having brief flash backs... he saw himself and his family when he was younger... only to watch once more as it was all taken from him when "they" came. He remembered the day he took the name Frostflame, he remembered the day he met his so called "friend"... and how he completely screwed him over, selling him to the Dark Tournament. Now the time draws near, its either decimate the competition, and live or "he" will succeed, and dance on my grave.

Frostflame exhales through his mask in a bit of frustration, as he followed the crowd of what he assumed were the combatants towards their hotel. Everywhere around him had the modern Equestrian feel to it, but with the grim, eeriness of the Everfree, a very odd combination. He waited by the hotel for his team, he was given a vague description of what they looked like, and even thinks he sat by one of them. Though not enough information to find the needles in this haystack of needles, so he waited, keeping his hoof on his sheath.

• Brohoof 1

@reader8363 @Snow Frostflame

As the two first members of team Lotus passed through the crowds, they noticed a few well-dressed ponies talking about them as they walked by. 

"My my, the sacrificial lamb out and about?"

"Be nice, deary, they're about to be dead."

Their room was on the second floor. Room 201. The room was immaculately decorated with wood carvings on modern glass shelves. There was a large couch in the center of the living room surrounding a glass coffee table. Shining Armor and Tricis were both in the room, sitting next to one another on the far end of the curved couch. Tricis was an elderly white unicorn mare, holding a hot cup of tea to her lips. She had on a purple, cloth saddle with a green strap.

Shining Armor they both recognized, the former royal guard captain, current co-ruler of the crystal empire, and also did not expect to be present. Tricis was somepony neither of them had seen before.

Tricis put down her tea when Rose and Frostflame entered the room. "And now we know who cares about being on time." she said, "Your slacker captain should have known to make herself present first."

"I suppose there's a lot that needs to be explained," Shining Armor said.

Just now, Snow Frostflame said:

"yes, lots of explaining... your majesty" Frostflame said with a sarcastic tone, as he took his hat off and bowed. He put his hat back on and looked back up at the Prince. "you're a long way from the Crystal Empire now."

"Ooh, a smartass," Tricis said, being a bit of a smartass herself. Though her age afforded her those hypocrisies.

"They always give the guest team to someone connected to the royal family. This year it's me," Shining Armor explained. "I'm guessing its there way of avoiding regulation by giving us some kind of gift. Though as I understand, none of the princesses have any intention of stopping this. It actually does a lot of good in calming down the criminal underworld for a few months."

Shining Armor took a sip of his tea and put it down next to Tricis'. "Before either of you start worrying, I'm not planning on interfering. You won't see me much at all. This lovely mare on the other hoof." He gestured to Tricis, who was staring Frostflame down with crossed hooves. "She will be your trainer and coach. And trust me, you need her."

"The kid already thinks he's invincible. Why bother?" Tricis scoffed. Though something about her seemed like she was more than just the crufty old woman routine.

Yawning some he plopped down next to Frostflame, leaning back a bit he got nose to nose to him. Canteen's eyes barely open as his spiky, short, black mane hung down some. His grey mane covered a majority of his top half as his belly, neck, and lower jar was white. He was just in a pair of black sweat pants with little fluffy slippers on with the logo of the hotel on it. He took up his inhaler and took a deep breath from it "You guys are sooo freaking loud, I was here taking a nap was going to take a shower when I got up...but Noooo." he was still nose to nose with Frostflame still before yawning in his face

Melio walked around the hotel, he had been to the room with the others now he was asked to find his brother who seemed to have wandered off. He motioned at the other ponies and creatures showing a picture of Canteen to see if they saw him. Being ignored he walked around on the second floor sitting down on a couch in the hall shutting his eyes some. The trip here was a long one and he hardly got any sleep so he was fast to fall asleep

• Brohoof 1

@Literally Snails @reader8363 @Snow Frostflame

Dynamo had sighed in relief as he finally found the hotel and stadium for the Dark Tournament. He had lived in Ponyville for the good amoung of a year. However, he had never stepped foot into the forest until today. He remembered hearing stories and the dangers of the forest and decided to not attempt fate. He remembered following other ponies and was grateful that the path had detours, so as to not disturb the other creatures that were in the forest. He hadn't heard of the Dark Tournament until recently. Thinking it would be an interesting experience to watch other teams compete in a tournament. That was until he had received an invitation to compete in the Dark Tournament a few months ago. He couldn't explain why, but he hoped that he wouldn't be in any trouble while being there.

He remembered getting another letter that stated what his room would be, along with being told that he would be with a team. He had noticed that many ponies, dragons, griffons and other creatures had gathered to watch the tournament. Some looked like they were eager to compete, so the blue unicorn did his best to keep a low profile. As he made his way to the hotel, he went to check in and was told that his room would be Room 201. He thanked the pony at the front desk and began to make his way to his designated hotel room. After a few minutes of searching, he sighed in relief as he finally found the room he was looking for. He opened the door and stepped inside, but stopped as he noticed other ponies were already there. "Hey, I'm sorry if I'm late. I would have been lost had it not been for the signs that pointed other ponies in the right direction. I've never been through the Everfree Forest before, so I thought I was going to be lost." He says as he took notice of who might be his teammates.

"Is this everyone for the tournament, or are we waiting on anyone else? I'm sorry, but this is my first time being in a tournament like this. Usually, I'd be competing in video game tournaments." He explained as he tried to join in the conversation with the other residents in the room. 

• Brohoof 1

Jade Lotus kept to herself as she walked through the crowd toward the hotel she'd been assigned. She had never heard of this 'Dark Tournament' before she had been sent an invitation to compete, and she figured that if it was indeed something shady like she'd immediately wondered, she could at least investigate by entering as a competitor. Plus, such tournaments always attracted some of the more powerful denizens of Equestria. Perfect to let her hone her abilities.

The Pegasus made her way up to her suite. Definitely one of the more luxurious accommodations she'd had in her many moons of travelling. She raised an eyebrow as she spotted something in the room, and walked toward it.

@Literally Snails

• Brohoof 1

@Literally Snails @Dynamo Pad @Snow Frostflame
Rose tossed her rapier onto the couch and plopped down on and said as she kicked up her feet on the coffee table, "Hey, Shining, and it's nice to meet ya, coach, I look forward to working with ya" She never really had a coach before, so it's going to be interesting. She closed her eyes and stretched out her wings in front of her.

• Brohoof 1

@Unicorncob

((I'm gonna interrupt you before you get to the hotel room.))

As Jade entered the hotel lobby, she felt a presence growing behind her, something that stopped her in her tracks for a reason she couldn't explain.

"Jade, I'm happy to see that you've made it," Rail said behind her. He was a tall, well dressed red earth pony with a lit cigarette in his teeth. Behind his left shoulder stood a large, imposing pegasus with light green fur and purple designs tatooed across his body. "I hope you're impressed with what I've built here. They can't understand why I selected you. They think this is some kind of punishment. But I expect great things from you. Tomorrow, you'll have a chance to show what you're capable of."

The strange, overwhelming presence suddenly eased up, and Jade was able to walk again. "But for now you should relax. I can even buy you a drink."

@reader8363 @Dynamo Pad @Snow Frostflame @Arid_Blitz

"Everything else can wait, it seems we have an intruder," Shining Armor said, looking at Canteen who was standing behind Frostflame.

Tricis stayed silent, studying the intruder. 

• Brohoof 1

@Unicorncob @Literally Snails @Snow Frostflame @reader8363

The blue unicorn felt a little bothered that nobody in the room could answer his question. He decided to drop the subject, since it seemed the look on the ponies in the room spoke otherwise. His ears perked as he heard one of the ponies had addressed Shining Armor. Dynamo's eyes widened in slight surprise at meeting the Captain of the guard to the Crystal Empire. "It's really nice to meet you Shining Armor. I've heard a lot about you when you used to be a royal guard in Canterlot." He says as he looked to the old mare sitting next to Shining Armor. If he had heard correctly, the Pegasus mare had said that old mare was the coach. He wasn't sure what to think of the old mare, since she didn't seem to be the type of pony to fight. However, Dynamo knew that looks could be deceiving. He didn't know what to say except to wait and see how things would go.

Dynamo was brought out of his thoughts by Shining Armor's warning. He didn't understand at first, until he could feel the overwhelming presence behind him. He turned around quickly and got into a defensive stance. All the while, charging up his horn to defend himself and the others in the room, if need be. Even though he was prepared to fight, he could feel a bead of sweat trickle down his forehead. 'What kind of pony can have that kind of power. This is unheard of. I can't be afraid, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to handle an opponent like this.' He took a shaky breath as he hardened his gaze upon the door. 

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

Draco was currently outside just laying on a bed of wind. Seeing where it would take him. This tournament...What a pain in the flank. If not for his boss paying him and also for him to keep his home safe and sound. Well hey what can you do against an ancient black dragon who was leader of his guild? He clicked his tongue with alittle bit of annoyance. He sighed to himself as he stood up from his wind bed and landed on the ground. He began to explore. His hooves clip clopping against the dirt as he walked. This whole thing seemed off to him maybe because he was a delivery pony/brawler for hire. Hmm He heard noises coming from the hotel but nope not going there. "What did you get yourself into O'Malley?" he asked himself as he shook his head slightly.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, dragon4111 said:

"What did you get yourself into O'Malley?" he asked himself as he shook his head slightly.

"Way over your head," A gruff male voice said from behind O'Malley. A grey pegasus was standing behind him with leather armor dotted with metal spikes. He had shoulder guards made of rubber tires with metal studs and black face paint over his eyes and snout.

"The name's Riptide. Everyone here already knows who you are." The pegasus had a firey, angry look in his eyes. "You should have run along when you had the chance. This tournament isnt for the likes of you, and I'm about to prove it!"

"Do you?" Draco asked as he chuckled at Riptide. Draco just sighed to himself as he began to float up into the air. He looked at riptide with a bored look. His ears flicking slightly as he began to summon a tornado around Riptide . "Listen little colt no amount of make up or looking tough can scare me I've seen things that can make a fully grown stallion wet himself in fear," Draco stated as he looked at the stallion in the eyes as the tornado began to pick up speed. ""So how about you run along little colt before I send you flying," Draco stated with a snarl and alittle anger in his voice.

@Arid_Blitz@Literally Snails

"You underestimate me, mad'am... I don't think I'm invincible at all, I have my weaknesses but I'm no push over in a fight. My adventures have brought me to nearly all corners of Equestria and even beyond." As Frostflame continued Canteen makes his appearance.

"And just who in Celestia's name do you think you are?" Frostflame uses his magic to create some space between the two of them.

@dragon4111

Riptide braced himself in the swirling winds but was eventually taken off the ground from the force of the tornado. He swirled in the air in a tight circle. He grunted and spread his wings, using powerful flaps to change his direction. Then he started spinning in a tight circle like a tire, building up enough momentum to break free of the tornado. "Big Ring Bomber!" He screamed shooting forth from the swirling winds. He shot like a cannonball at O'malley and crashed into the ground beneath him. This shot up huge chunks of rock and dirt that would have struck O'malley if he didn't dodge swiftly enough.

Riptide crouched in the earthen crator he built. "You don't deserve your stolen powers you weak-"

"RIPTIDE!" A similarly dressed blue pegasus with purple facepaint and deep facial scarring shouted. He was hovering over the fight, staring daggers at his team-mate. "We fight team Rokara in thirty minutes! What are you doing?"

Draco was quick to put up a wind barrier then sent the rocks and rubble back at the Pegasus twice as fast. He then looked at Riptides teammate and said "Picking a fight with me," he shrugged slightly as  he then sent a wind blade aiming it near Riptide's hoof making a long deep gouge in the earth. He looked to Riptide and said "Do go with your friend here before I cut something off. Maybe geld you," he stated his threat clear as day.

@Literally Snails @reader8363 @dragon4111 @Snow Frostflame @Unicorncob

Dynamo was caught up in his train of thought, that he didn't notice that the stranger had made their presence in the room. Dynamo had momentarily felt his heart stopped as his eyes shrank to the size of marbles. "H-How in Equestria did he get in here?" He mumbled softly, but could be heard by those around him. He blamed himself for not paying attention, but he would worry about that later. For now, he stayed perfectly still as he wondered as to why this individual had entered their room.

The blue unicorn's ears perked as he could hear an explosion from behind them. He slowly turns his head to the window and could see dust, debris and rubble flying into the sky. "What is going on out there? Are we even allowed to pick a fight outside the stadium. Let alone fight in a hotel room." He grit his teeth as he turned back to the others that were in front of him. 

• Brohoof 1

@dragon4111

Riptide spoke to his teammate without looking away from O'Malley. "This is already the perfect opportunity. Why not finish him now?" He stepped closer to O'Malley. 

"Our place is in the ring. We'll kill them there." 

This time, Riptide turned back to face his team-mate. "Haven't you checked the roster? We wouldn't fight them until the final round! They'll be dead long before then!" He turned back toward O'malley and started pulling on a strange pulling mechanism connected to his front leg armor, creating an engine rev.

"RIPTIDE, I'M WARNING YOU!"

"Shut the hell up." Riptide started spinning in place again, producing a loud engine roar as he built up momentum in place. Before he could charge at O'Malley, a barrage of shining yellow bullets burst out of his team captain's wingtips, pelting both Riptide and the ground around him with hot lead that seemed to come out of nowhere. Riptide stopped spinning and flew up in the air a few feet before landing back on his chest in a puddle of his own blood. The bullets had easily ripped through his leather jerkin and shoulder pads. 

The other pegasus landed next to his fallen team-mate, looking at O'Malley.

"Lowlifes like him don't deserve the pleasure of fighting you. I'll see you in the ring soon enough... if you can even make it that far. Make sure your team watches the fight between us and Team Rokara."

@Snow Frostflame @Dynamo Pad @Literally Snails

"Loud so very loud." he yawned again as his eyes looked at every other pony, now ready to throw down as he chuckled "Aww adorable." he turned around leaning back so he could look at everypony upside down "So many ponies ready to fight little ole me? I feel like the hottest mare in the room, then again should any of you try to come near me I'm afraid you will be finding yourself in a lot of pain." he fell back onto the floor as he stretched his legs up into the air showing off his fuzzy slippers "Did you see my slippers? I got them shortly after I got in here." he wiggled his hooves around in the air as he used one to take a hit off his inhaler "You wouldnt fight a pony with an inhaler right?" he flopped to his side yawning again as his eyes looked up at Tricris  "Hey grandma, you fighting in the tournament? Or are you afraid of breaking a hip?"

Walking through the hall now was a pair of ponies, a male earth pony with a female unicorn. "Yes Arid, the team should be at the room right now. After that you are scheduled to see a few of the other...team owners to place bets, chit chat, and mingle. After that you are pretty free." the unicorn spoke using a pen marking things in a journal as she wore a pair of rectangular reading glasses. She wore a female suit being navy blue with laces of purple going down the legs and sides. The other pony looked like he was royal as he stopped on the second floor noticing some pony sleeping "Tell me Nocturne, isnt that one of OUR members?"

"Why yes, seems Melio felt the need to sleep in the hall then the expensive room we have. Though if he is out here his rowdy brother should be close which is a bad thing. Why you chose him is beyond me sir. I could of won a majority of the matches without help." she used a hoof to push her glasses up some

"I dont care if we win or not, there are other things to worry about. If they happen to be killed I can easily mark it off as a stepping stone to finding a better team next year. If I lost you I cant replace you." Arid said smirking a bit "Wake him up and find his brother...I'm going up to the 8th floor to our room."

@Arid_Blitz"

"You aren't nearly as cute as you think you are," Tricis said, eyeing the strange intruder as he stretched in front of them. "If you have anything to say, say it now, otherwise, kindly get the hell out of here. Some ponies are taking this tournament seriously!"

"We haven't even gotten our own team together. What's this pony's problem?" Shining armor asked.

Draco smirked and said "Well now you guys seem to know about me but I know nothing about you," Draco stated with a chuckle he then looked at Riptide then to the other Pegasus and said "Honestly he's not much of a threat he looks like the type of stallion that I'd brawl with in a saloon," he stated with a chuckle. "But you well I can see your a far bigger threat than he is by miles," he stated with a grin on his muzzle. His silver eyes looking at the Pegasus. "But let's keep this friendly and leave animosity in the ring aye?" Draco asked with a friendly smile. "And sure I wouldn't mind watching the match,"

• Brohoof 1

@Literally Snails @Arid_Blitz @Dynamo Pad @reader8363

Frostflame teleports a bit further from Canteen towards Tricis. "Is this your idea of a team? You expect me to fight along side these fools... and quite literally A FOOL!?!" An aura of icy flames begins to form around Frostflame's right hoof as he rants in frustration, before dissipating. Frostflame points at Dynamo "That one looks like they could barely handle a blade... let alone survive an injury". He then points at Canteen "This one will more than likely die by the enemy before they even realize it, or by my blade if they keep this up". He then points at Rose, "And they... they are the only one to show SOME potential in combat. Though all they've proven to me is that they can easily be snuck up on... and they like beds." He looks back towards Tricis with a serious face... (well sorta... can't really tell his expression when he wears a mask. 17760560_634325316757782_846688937_n.png?_nc_cat=102&oh=c6886907f49af257ecb4cdc2b413f9e9&oe=5BB38F39)