Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Everfree Dark Tournament RP

Literally Snails

1 hour ago, Literally Snails said:

"I never asked you about your old teacher, Jade. You think of him very highly." She said.

Jade nodded slowly. "Master Xiang practically raised me as a filly. He taught me so much."

She smiled fondly as the elder Kirin appeared in her mind. "He was also what a lot of ponies would call a 'grouchy old stallion'."

• Brohoof 1

Someone entered the bar behind Dynamo. Although at first, he wouldn't notice, he soon got that feeling again. The same one from earlier this morning when he saw team Rokata.

"If I can be of any kind of help." He heard a male voice say behind him. It was a voice he hadn't heard before. Rail was standing behind him, the tall unicorn was dressed in a black suit. Behind him, he saw Selene, still dressed in the same robes and head cover that she wore when she fought yesterday. "Dynamo Pad, I'm a big fan."

Dynamo's ears perked as he heard someone was talking from behind him. He was about to turn around, but he stood frozen slightly. He didn't know why, but he had a sense of foreboding and dread. Something similar to seeing Team Rokata in the arena earlier that day. It was difficult to breathe for a few moments. It was as if all the air was drained from his body. Trying to gather his composure, he pushed the feeling away and turned around to greet the one behind the voice. He was greeted by a tall unicorn dressed in a black suit. "Thank you, sir. I could really appreciate the help. I'm looking for a friend of mine, but she rushed out of the hotel room where my friends and I were staying. I was tasked with going to go look for her, but I haven't been able to find any leads. Do you know someone by the name of Rose Beast? She has " He noticed a figure behind the tall unicorn, which prompted Dynamo to peek around the corner. He saw a mare, who was dressed in robes that seemed to have looked familiar to him. His eyes widened as realization hit him on why he felt that presence. It was Selene from Team Rokata. 'What is she doing here!? Shouldn't she be with her team!? For that matter, are they even here!? I didn't think I'd run into them so soon. It doesn't help that I'm by myself.' He took a slight step back, while trying to not show fear or hostility to Selene. He looked back to the tall unicorn, while raising an eyebrow in surprise and curiosity. "How do you know my name? I haven't even given my name out. By big fan, do you mean about the fight, or the gaming scene?" He tried to play it calmly, but he never recalled meeting this stallion before. "Who are you, if you don't mind me asking. Also, I see that Selene from Team Rokata is with you. Is everything okay?" 

• Brohoof 1

11 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

"How do you know my name? I haven't even given my name out. By big fan, do you mean about the fight, or the gaming scene?"

"Everyone here knows your name," The unicorn explained. "I watched your team fight today. Though I, of course, knew about you before that."

Selene stepped out from behind Rail and walked around to Dynamo's left side, peering at him with one eye. "Why are you frightened, I wonder?" She asked. "You may try to deny it, but your ability to feel fear is what makes you more interesting than your companions. It could be your greatest strength. Perhaps your body knows something that your brain does not."

1 hour ago, Unicorncob said:

Jade nodded slowly. "Master Xiang practically raised me as a filly. He taught me so much."

She smiled fondly as the elder Kirin appeared in her mind. "He was also what a lot of ponies would call a 'grouchy old stallion'."

"Goodness, is he considered old now?" Tricis asked with a smile. She looked away from Canteen and stared up at the sky above the stadium for a moment. "It's good that you have him. You're no doubt going to learn some things that will change the way you think about me, but you should always have someone to look up to."

• Brohoof 1

22 minutes ago, Literally Snails said:

"Everyone here knows your name," The unicorn explained. "I watched your team fight today. Though I, of course, knew about you before that."

Selene stepped out from behind Rail and walked around to Dynamo's left side, peering at him with one eye. "Why are you frightened, I wonder?" She asked. "You may try to deny it, but your ability to feel fear is what makes you more interesting than your companions. It could be your greatest strength. Perhaps your body knows something that your brain does not."

Dynamo glanced around the other competitors in the bar, while pondering on what the unicorn had said. "I guess they would know that I lost in today's match, but I gave it my best try. Hopefully, I made a somewhat decent impression and that I can try better in the next match." He says, while looking back at the unicorn, who had said he watched his team fight. He placed a hoof under his chin, while the unicorn said he knew the blue unicorn before this tournament. He tried to think of all the faces he met as he competed in gaming tournament. However, nothing seemed to have come to mind. "Forgive me if I don't recognize you. I've never met anyone who was very well dressed when it came to video game tournaments. Who are you, sir? You said that you watched my team fight, but I don't recall you ever gave your name."

Out of the corner of his eye, Selene had stepped out from behind the unicorn. His eyes were fixed onto Selene's as she walked around his left side. He gulped slightly, while she asked what he had to fear. "It's just that the opponent you fought didn't even get a chance to move. I couldn't understand how you took them down, but it was rather interesting. I guess my fear is more like I'm trying to make sure not to get on your bad side. While I don't know who you are, you have a mysterious air around you and you seem powerful. It would be interesting in getting to know you." He says, while nodding at Selene's claim. "I wouldn't say I would deny my fears. Everyone has a fear that they don't like to have. I acknowledge it and try to fight that fear. It's only because even when the odds are stacked against me, I try not to give up. Even if there's a sliver of hope left, then I'll clutch onto it and find a way to win." He says, while thinking back to how he almost defeat Ray. "You do have a point. I guess, in a way, I know not to pick fights unless I know I can handle the opponent. Otherwise, I try to handle everything in a calmly manner. If it's video games, then that's a whole other story. Usually it's a bunch of rage and everyone making claims that aren't true." He chuckled slightly at his last comment, but became serious, so as to not let his guard down.

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

54 minutes ago, Literally Snails said:

"Goodness, is he considered old now?" Tricis asked with a smile. She looked away from Canteen and stared up at the sky above the stadium for a moment. "It's good that you have him. You're no doubt going to learn some things that will change the way you think about me, but you should always have someone to look up to."

"He is," Jade said with a nod. "I think Kirin can live for a long time." She smiled fondly at her memories of training with him. "He was strict, but he was a good teacher."

At Tricis's comment, she looked at her with a quizzical frown. "Why would they make me change how I think of you?"

• Brohoof 1

Rose's shadow begun wavering as her anger grew, she didn't  care that this pony was powerful and she might die, no one insults her family. She made a scythe with her shadow and charged at him, ready to place him in the infirmary

• Brohoof 1

@Snow Frostflame @dragon4111

The knocking on the hotel door became louder.

23 minutes ago, reader8363 said:

Rose's shadow begun wavering as her anger grew, she didn't  care that this pony was powerful and she might die, no one insults her family. She made a scythe with her shadow and charged at him, ready to place him in the infirmary

When she swung her scythe, it was blocked by the shadow creature that extended a tendril and easily caught the weapon. "I see. You're driven by emotion even more strongly than your fool of a father. It makes you so easy to play with," the stallion said. A burst of energy pushed Rose away several meters before slamming into one of the trees behind her. "But you aren't ready to play yet."

The shadow creature shrunk behind the stallions back. "Go ahead and attack me again, idiot girl. Defy all logic."

30 minutes ago, Unicorncob said:

"He is," Jade said with a nod. "I think Kirin can live for a long time." She smiled fondly at her memories of training with him. "He was strict, but he was a good teacher."

At Tricis's comment, she looked at her with a quizzical frown. "Why would they make me change how I think of you?"

"Easy, it's because I used to be even more foolish than you are. And now an old mistake wants to make things personal and kill you in the process." Tricis explained vaguely.

1 hour ago, Dynamo Pad said:

"Forgive me if I don't recognize you. I've never met anyone who was very well dressed when it came to video game tournaments. Who are you, sir? You said that you watched my team fight, but I don't recall you ever gave your name."

"I'm Rail," the stallion said, lighting a cigarette with a golden flip lighter. "I extended your invitation."

1 hour ago, Dynamo Pad said:

"I wouldn't say I would deny my fears. Everyone has a fear that they don't like to have. I acknowledge it and try to fight that fear. It's only because even when the odds are stacked against me, I try not to give up. Even if there's a sliver of hope left, then I'll clutch onto it and find a way to win." He says, while thinking back to how he almost defeat Ray. "You do have a point. I guess, in a way, I know not to pick fights unless I know I can handle the opponent. Otherwise, I try to handle everything in a calmly manner. If it's video games, then that's a whole other story. Usually it's a bunch of rage and everyone making claims that aren't true."

"You give yourself too little credit. You possess an extraordinary will." Selene said, stepping around to Dynamo's right side. "You probably haven't even noticed, but I attempted to stop your heart from beating when you walked in here, and yet I couldn't. I wonder how you could get resolve like that from playing children's games."

• Brohoof 1

Rose yelled out in anger as she tossed her knife and pull out a flashlight, "Don't  you dare talk about him that way. He's  better than you can ever be." She kicked  herself about not bringing  something with a bright light

58 minutes ago, Literally Snails said:

"Easy, it's because I used to be even more foolish than you are. And now an old mistake wants to make things personal and kill you in the process." Tricis explained vaguely.

Jade glowered at Tricis's comment, then put on a serious frown. "And you wish to prepare me for this 'old mistake'?"

"I'm Rail," the stallion said, lighting a cigarette with a golden flip lighter. "I extended your invitation."

Dynamo watched as the stallion, who was named Rail, introduced himself. "It's really nice to meet you, Mr. Rail." He was surprised to find out that Rail was the one that invited him into the tournament. "So, that invite I got in the mail all those months ago was from you? Was there a reason as to why you sent me the invitation? I mean, before I wasn't much of a fighter. However, I had to learn some different styles of fighting along with gaming techniques. Although I managed to get somewhat prepared, I thought I wasn't going to be ready. It's just, why me instead of someone, who could probably be more capable? What do I have that they don't? That, or did I do something that got your attention?" He asks as he wondered how he got the invitation.

"You give yourself too little credit. You possess an extraordinary will." Selene said, stepping around to Dynamo's right side. "You probably haven't even noticed, but I attempted to stop your heart from beating when you walked in here, and yet I couldn't. I wonder how you could get resolve like that from playing children's games."

He was surprised as someone he had considered an enemy had praised him somewhat. That was the second time he had been praised for having such a strong will. He looked towards the ground and sighed slightly. "Let's just say I was never given enough credit when I was little. There were some ponies, who I thought were my friends. However, it all changed when they showed their true selves. They were bullies, but they took things to the extreme. They rallied the other school ponies and everyone was against me. They made it, so that I was never considered good for anything or anyone." He shook his head as he tried to rid himself of the memories. "That's all in the past now and I live for the present and aim for the future. It's why I try to prove everyone wrong, who had ever doubted me." He didn't know why he was telling her this, but it felt right. To him, it felt like Selene could understand him, in a way. He knew they were enemies, but he hoped that they could be friends in the future.

As she stepped around to his right side, Dynamo's eyes widened as she talked about her earlier plans. He wasn't shocked that she did that, but more so that he wasn't affected. He placed a hoof over his heart as he could feel the steady rhythm of his heart. 'How is that even possible? Was she lying to me?' He looked into her eyes to only see a look of seriousness, yet understanding. 'No. She doesn't seem like the one to lie and her earlier match proves that.' He looked back to Selene and nods at her claim. "You're right about that. I guess I was more worried about if my friends were okay to notice. That, or I honestly have no idea." He says, before smiling softly at the mare. "It's kind of funny, but here's my reason. Sometimes I feel like I'm the character in the game. Whenever I play in a video game, I imagine myself as that character. Moving like the character, fighting like that character, making secret techniques or incredible feats like that character. When I play a game, I feel like I'm going on that journey. That journey helps me to grow and become stronger mentally and emotionally. I also feel like I've gained something from that character, but in the end, I'm still me. Even in a video game tournament, I feel like I carry the will of the character that I play as. In a way, I guess it helps me to not run away, to stay strong and to give it my all." He nodded a few times as he felt that was his truth. "I hope that answers your question, Selene." He says as he gave the mare an honest and kind smile.

• Brohoof 1

@Snow Frostflame

"That's it just in Equestria?" Draco shook his head. "How disappointing," he stated as he leaned back as he heard the door knock. He chuckled and said "So you haven't been to the zebralands? the dragon's isle? the lands below the sea and in the sky? Griffinstone?" Draco asked with a chuckle. "I am a courier who has been to places that you have not seen before little pony," Draco stated as he flared his large wings. "To the wastelands of old I forge supplylines for the courier guilds to follow," Draco stated simply as he walked towards the door. "I've met ponies ,griffins, centaurs, yaks of different walks of life. You consider ponies an enemy when they have lot the match how droll you are," Draco stated simply as he opened up the door. "Hello?" he asked.

@Literally Snails

(edited)
Spoiler

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

22 hours ago, dragon4111 said:

@Snow Frostflame

"That's it just in Equestria?" Draco shook his head. "How disappointing," he stated as he leaned back as he heard the door knock. He chuckled and said "So you haven't been to the zebralands? the dragon's isle? the lands below the sea and in the sky? Griffinstone?" Draco asked with a chuckle. "I am a courier who has been to places that you have not seen before little pony," Draco stated as he flared his large wings. "To the wastelands of old I forge supplylines for the courier guilds to follow," Draco stated simply as he walked towards the door. "I've met ponies ,griffins, centaurs, yaks of different walks of life. You consider ponies an enemy when they have lot the match how droll you are," Draco stated simply as he opened up the door. "Hello?" he asked.

@Literally Snails

@Snow Frostflame

The door swung open, and Draco and Snow saw Nin and Onyx standing on the other side. Nin opened the door with his right hoof, the leather strapped device on his right leg in full view. Onyx was silent, but Nin spoke before either of them could.

"Interrupting something? My, you don't really seem like a team."

On 10/21/2018 at 8:19 PM, reader8363 said:

Rose yelled out in anger as she tossed her knife and pull out a flashlight, "Don't  you dare talk about him that way. He's  better than you can ever be." She kicked  herself about not bringing  something with a bright light

The shadow creature wasn't illuminated by the flashlight. It remained as dark as ever. "Really now. All these tournament rounds are taking place during the day. What did you expect that to accomplish? Foolish girl! Now I know Shadow beast is your father!"

23 hours ago, Unicorncob said:

Jade glowered at Tricis's comment, then put on a serious frown. "And you wish to prepare me for this 'old mistake'?"

"I promise I will tell you the full story before it's too late, but for now neither of us are ready," Tricis said as the seats around them were emptied by fans leaving the fight. "Tell me, Master Xiang, why did he teach you? Why did you need him?"

23 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

You're right about that. I guess I was more worried about if my friends were okay to notice. That, or I honestly have no idea." He says, before smiling softly at the mare.

"Worried about your friends?" Selene repeated. Pad could see her eyebrow cock beneath her headwrap. "If you choose to put them above yourself, then you should find Rose." She stopped her pacing and squared off across from Dynamo. "That... is why you're here, right?"

Edited by Literally Snails
  • Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, Literally Snails said:

"I promise I will tell you the full story before it's too late, but for now neither of us are ready," Tricis said as the seats around them were emptied by fans leaving the fight. "Tell me, Master Xiang, why did he teach you? Why did you need him?"

Jade nodded at Tricis's promise. She wanted to be as prepared for whatever this was as she could be.

"Master Xiang saw something in me," she explained. "An eagerness and energy he rarely saw in fillies that age, he said. I was raised in a martial arts school, where he was a teacher."

She smirked fondly. "Plus I kept asking him to teach me and he agreed if it would make me stop."

2 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

@Snow Frostflame

The door swung open, and Draco and Snow saw Nin and Onyx standing on the other side. Nin opened the door with his right hoof, the leather strapped device on his right leg in full view. Onyx was silent, but Nin spoke before either of them could.

"Interrupting something? My, you don't really seem like a team."

"Greetings" Frostflame politely bowed "And what do we owe this unexpected visit to our room?" He said in a slightly posh tone, starting back with a blank expression. Frostflame went back to the table and put his hat back on, as he did he turned back to Draco and gestured something out of Nin and Onyx's view. It went along the lines of, don't do anything stupid. He turned back to Nin and Onyx, "You would be right to assume we aren't a team, well a functional team I should say. Tis what happens when some of us are here against our will." Frostflame takes a seat. "Have a seat."

5 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

"Worried about your friends?" Selene repeated. Pad could see her eyebrow cock beneath her headwrap. "If you choose to put them above yourself, then you should find Rose." She stopped her pacing and squared off across from Dynamo. "That... is why you're here, right?"

As she brought up the mentioning of his friends, Dynamo raised an eyebrow. A look of slight confusion as to why she would say that. He watched as she stopped her pacing and returned to being across from him. At the mention of Rose, Dynamo's expression turned serious. "That's right! I need to be looking for her. I just hope that she's okay." He says, before looking to both Rail and Selene. "Speaking of Rose, have either of you two seen her? it's like I said before. She ran out of our hotel room for some reason and I was tasked to go look for her. It seems that she isn't here, so I'm going to try to look elsewhere." He bit his lip slightly as he felt guilty. He knew he should be looking for his teammate, but he was distracted from the two ponies across from him. Although, he felt this chance meeting was important. He had met someone from Team Rokata, who seemed to have understood him a little and vice versa. He even met someone who knew of him, but he couldn't understand the reason. The blue unicorn understood that the answer to everything would present itself in time. Right now, he would just double his efforts to find his teammate and make sure that they were safe.

Rose said as through the flashlight, "that's common knowledge that I took over the family business." She slipped the shadows into a point and threw them at him, while getting ready  with a kick to the head

(edited)
17 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

"Speaking of Rose, have either of you two seen her? it's like I said before. She ran out of our hotel room for some reason and I was tasked to go look for her. It seems that she isn't here, so I'm going to try to look elsewhere." He bit his lip slightly as he felt guilty.

"She's in the forest, and she's gravely injured," Selene answered. There was a foreboding tone to her voice. Even though Rose wasn't hurt yet, she knew she would be by the time Dynamo got to her. These meetings were meticulously planned. But why?

Spoiler

"It's a shame they need so much motivation just to take themselves seriously," Rail muttered to himself, too far away for Dynamo to hear.

39 minutes ago, reader8363 said:

Rose said as through the flashlight, "that's common knowledge that I took over the family business." She slipped the shadows into a point and threw them at him, while getting ready  with a kick to the head

The shadow creature attached to the grey stallion morphed into an amorphous wave that blocked her attack and then shot at rose like a battering ram. The attack made Rose's offense pale in comparison. She wasn't ready to match him. The shadow creature struck her in the chest before she could dodge and crashed her into the oak tree behind her. The force knocked her completely through the tree and she slammed into another tree behind her, finally stopping her. The force of the attack would be enough to shatter her ribs. It could have killed a regular pony.

"Fun to toy with, but you aren't ready to play yet." The grey stallion said. "You're like a delicious fruit, so tempting to devour when you aren't yet ripe!"

21 hours ago, Snow Frostflame said:

"Greetings" Frostflame politely bowed "And what do we owe this unexpected visit to our room?" He said in a slightly posh tone, starting back with a blank expression. Frostflame went back to the table and put his hat back on, as he did he turned back to Draco and gestured something out of Nin and Onyx's view. It went along the lines of, don't do anything stupid. He turned back to Nin and Onyx, "You would be right to assume we aren't a team, well a functional team I should say. Tis what happens when some of us are here against our will." Frostflame takes a seat. "Have a seat."

@dragon4111

Spoiler

"So formal," Nin said appreciatively, though he stayed on the other side of the door. "I'll have to pass, however. You aren't worth that much of my time." He opened his eyes and looked up at Frostflame, then to Draco. "Oh, but that's what you were going to say to me isn't it? Yes, the two of you are very good at acting tough. Maybe you consider yourself fearless, but that's going to be a problem for you. You'll die like that. Won't even make it to the finals, and that just won't do." He leaned against the door frame. Onyx was motionless, staring down Frostflame with an even expression on his face.

"You've peaked our interest. We want to fight you, but that won't happen if you act like fools and get yourselves killed before the semifinals." Nin explained. 

Onyx punched the wall behind him, leaving a crater in the cement wall and shaking the room for a moment. "Get stronger, Frostflame." He commanded. This was the first time any of them heard him speak. His voice was as deep as one would expect from a minotaur of his size. "Or I will finish you next time."

"Even if you don't think you're afraid, it's clear that your bodies know something your brains do not." Nin said, "Perhaps there is hope for you yet."

23 hours ago, Unicorncob said:

Jade nodded at Tricis's promise. She wanted to be as prepared for whatever this was as she could be.

"Master Xiang saw something in me," she explained. "An eagerness and energy he rarely saw in fillies that age, he said. I was raised in a martial arts school, where he was a teacher."

She smirked fondly. "Plus I kept asking him to teach me and he agreed if it would make me stop."

"And what did he teach you was more important than strength?" Tricis asked vaguely. The stadium was almost empty at that point.

• Brohoof 1

10 minutes ago, Literally Snails said:

"And what did he teach you was more important than strength?" Tricis asked vaguely. The stadium was almost empty at that point.

Jade looked down at the emptying arena, the multitude of lectures she received in her fillyhood playing through her head.

"How you use strength," she said. "Not just in skill, but going out of your way to help others in need."

(edited)
3 minutes ago, Unicorncob said:

Jade looked down at the emptying arena, the multitude of lectures she received in her fillyhood playing through her head.

"How you use strength," she said. "Not just in skill, but going out of your way to help others in need."

Tricis looked away from Tricis as she posed a hypothetical. "And where does that responsibility lie? If you aren't strong enough to do what's right, is it your duty to get stronger? What would you sacrifice to reach that potential? What is worse than doing nothing?"

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Literally Snails said:

Tricis looked away from Tricis as she posed a hypothetical. "And where does that responsibility lie? If you aren't strong enough to do what's right, is it your duty to get stronger? What would you sacrifice to reach that potential? What is worse than doing nothing?"

Jade looked down at her hooves, and her eyes narrowed. She took a breath.

"Nothing is worse than doing nothing. If I'm not strong enough to do the right thing, then I'll get stronger."

27 minutes ago, Literally Snails said:

"She's in the forest, and she's gravely injured," Selene answered. There was a foreboding tone to her voice. Even though Rose wasn't hurt yet, she knew she would be by the time Dynamo got to her. These meetings were meticulously planned. But why?

"It's a shame they need so much motivation just to take themselves seriously," Rail muttered to himself, too far away for Dynamo to hear.

@reader8363

Dynamo's eyes turned to Selene as she gave the location of his missing teammate. At the mention of Rose being injured, Dynamo's eyes widened as his face grew serious. "Thank you for letting me know where she is, Selene. I got to get going!" He excused himself from the two ponies as he rushed out of the bar area. He wanted to ask Selene if they could talk more some other time, but he had more important issues to attend to. He couldn't shake the feeling, but he knew that he would meet Selene and Rail again at some point. He still had to know why Rail had chose him to compete. As he was making his way to the front doors of the hotel, he couldn't stop worrying about what Selene had told him. What she had said kept replaying in his mind, over and over. 'I only hope that I'm not too late. Please let me make it in time to help her. Give me a sign, Rose.' He thought as he exited the building. He turned in every direction that lead to the forest, but he wasn't sure on where to go. "Selene had said the forest, but Rose could be anywhere!" He sighed in frustration as he was grasping at straws at this point. 

Suddenly, he heard a loud explosion off in the distance. He could see birds scattering into the sky, while there was a dust cloud somewhere in the forest. He took that as a sight that Rose might be there. Nodding at his choice, he resumed his run to the location of that dust cloud. He wasn't sure what was going on, but he knew he had to help back up his teammate to the best of his abilities.

Edited by Dynamo Pad

Rose coughed and stood up, while dealing with the  pain and said, "I'm  not going to quit. She grabbed the shadow attached to the knife and pulled it back towards them. Then she tried to tangle up the shadow monster with her own shadow

8 minutes ago, reader8363 said:

Rose coughed and stood up, while dealing with the  pain and said, "I'm  not going to quit. She grabbed the shadow attached to the knife and pulled it back towards them. Then she tried to tangle up the shadow monster with her own shadow

The grey stallion scowled at her. "This ceases to be amusing, girl, stay down!" He ordered before conjuring a long dark tendril and swirling it beneath Rose's shadow. It struck her in the back and slammed her body into the ground hard enough to create a shallow crater in the forest ground, probably breaking a few more of her bones.

@Dynamo Pad

The loud crashing and clouds of dust made it easy for Dynamo to find Rose and the grey stallion. Pad would instantly recognize the assailant as one of the members of team Rokata, the one he hadn't seen fight.

40 minutes ago, Unicorncob said:

Jade looked down at her hooves, and her eyes narrowed. She took a breath.

"Nothing is worse than doing nothing. If I'm not strong enough to do the right thing, then I'll get stronger."

Tricis crossed her front legs and looked down. "You have a strong resolve." She said.

And there's the reason he's so interested in her. She just gave the exact same answer he would have.

• Brohoof 1

Reveal hidden contents

"So formal," Nin said appreciatively, though he stayed on the other side of the door. "I'll have to pass, however. You aren't worth that much of my time." He opened his eyes and looked up at Frostflame, then to Draco. "Oh, but that's what you were going to say to me isn't it? Yes, the two of you are very good at acting tough. Maybe you consider yourself fearless, but that's going to be a problem for you. You'll die like that. Won't even make it to the finals, and that just won't do." He leaned against the door frame. Onyx was motionless, staring down Frostflame with an even expression on his face.

"You've peaked our interest. We want to fight you, but that won't happen if you act like fools and get yourselves killed before the semifinals." Nin explained. 

Onyx punched the wall behind him, leaving a crater in the cement wall and shaking the room for a moment. "Get stronger, Frostflame." He commanded. This was the first time any of them heard him speak. His voice was as deep as one would expect from a minotaur of his size. "Or I will finish you next time."

"Even if you don't think you're afraid, it's clear that your bodies know something your brains do not." Nin said, "Perhaps there is hope for you yet."

@dragon4111

Frostflame felt weak again, but shrugged it off. It felt like it was getting worse. "Ah, come now my friend... was damaging the wall really necessary?" Frostflame says in a displeased tone. He then casts a frostflame in his right hoof, and plays around with it as he speaks to Nin. "Sure I'm afraid, any mortal knows fear... but those who suppress their fears, an.... and...." midway through his sentence, he became dazed for seemingly no reason. The flame he was holding went out like a candle, and he fell backwards, staring at the ceiling.

Edited by Snow Frostflame

@reader8363

As he was running through the forest for the past couple of minutes, Dynamo wondered if he had been making any progress. He was panting as he was short on breath from running nonstop. "It's no wonder that nobody from Ponyville goes into the forest. Everything in this forest looks exactly the same. You could easily get lost in here if you're not too careful." He muttered to himself, before coming to an opening in the clearing. He began to notice two figures off into the distance. The location seemed to have been roughed up, while a few trees had been knocked over. It was there that he noticed his teammate was fighting, what appeared to be some sort of shadow.

16 minutes ago, Literally Snails said:

The loud crashing and clouds of dust made it easy for Dynamo to find Rose and the grey stallion. Pad would instantly recognize the assailant as one of the members of team Rokata, the one he hadn't seen fight.

That was when he began to feel the overwhelming pressure emanating from the shadowy creature. It was almost the same feeling he felt from when he ran into Selene just a few minutes ago. 'Is this another one of those fighter's from Team Rokata?' He sighed as he grit his teeth in frustration. 'Even if I'm afraid, I can't just run away. Rose needs my help and I won't abandon a teammate, or a friend.' He soon began to spin as he spin dashed into a tree. The force from hitting the tree caused the blue unicorn to ricochet into another tree. He bounced from tree to tree to build his momentum for a swift spin attack to attack the assailant.

Edited by Dynamo Pad