Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Everfree Dark Tournament RP

Literally Snails

Just now, Unicorncob said:

Jade cocked an eyebrow at Frost's longwinded, yet interesting introduction. He definitely wanted to make himself sound dangerous.

Pride swelled in her chest when she was announced as the team's captain. Master Xiang always told her during her training as a filly that ego was a dangerous weapon, though she could argue that the newspaper he often bapped her on the head with was a worthy contender.

"The pony known as Rail hoof-chose us personally for this team of his," she informed her teammates, trying to add an air of authority to her voice. "We don't need to like each other, we just need to get along until this is over." She continued with a look pointed at Frost and Draco.

@dragon4111 @Dynamo Pad @Snow Frostflame @reader8363

Tricis and Shining Armor both looked at each other at the mention of Rail's name. "Rail is... The stallion who runs the show here." Shining Armor explained.

Tricis thoughtfully ducked her head and tapped her knee with a hoof. "I can only think of one thing the five of you currently have in common. Magical potential energy. All of you excel in that category in particular."

• Brohoof 1

@Unicorncob @Literally Snails @Snow Frostflame @reader8363 

"Hmm odd well," Draco looked at the old mare with a raised eyebrow. "You're right about one thing ma'am. Those ponies weren't normal," Draco stated slightly as he then said "That mare seemed to have killed that stallion with a spell. I've been racking my brain for weaknesses that will let me not kill them," Draco stated simply. "But the only thing I could think of is cutting off her horn," Draco stated as he tapped his hoof against the bartable. "So I'm asking is how are you going to teach us ma'am?" he asked seriously with no joking tone at all.

@Literally Snails @reader8363 @Snow Frostflame @Arid_Blitz @Unicorncob @dragon4111

As he listened to everyone's introduction, he felt a bit bothered by what Frostflame had told the blue unicorn. He wanted to walk up to Frostflame and tell him off, but he knew better to pick any fights. They were a team, but he still couldn't help in feeling bothered and offended. He never took criticism well when he was younger. He could only sigh and shake his head as he listened to everyone else finish introducing themselves. He nodded in approval as he heard that Jade was named the captain of the team. The blue unicorn raised an eyebrow as he heard Tricis explained that they all had their share of mischief. "I'm sorry ma'am, but that doesn't make sense. I only did what I'm meant to do. I just played video games and competed in tournaments like I normally do. Since that's what my talent is, after all. I don't get how I would cause mischief." He raised his hooves, while giving the old mare an apologetic look. "I'm not trying to exonerate myself, but I don't get how I got into this mess. I know we all come from different backgrounds, but I didn't know there would be someone from some criminal underground at this tournament. That colt must have been off the gaming grid if I don't even know anything about him." He says as he wondered a bit about who Cheap Shot was.

Dynamo's winced from Tricis yelling at Draco. He took another sip of his drink, before placing it back down on the bar counter. "I get what you're trying to say coach. I know myself and some others here are trying to get along." He glanced slightly at Frostflame and frowned. "I don't get what I did to you. I'm just trying to get along and yet you keep sniping at me and anyone else. True, I'm all about playing video games, but you don't know how video games can help. You know the phrase actions speak louder than words? Well, I guess we'll see what happens in our match tomorrow. I just want all of us to get along like Jade had said." He spoke calmly, while listening to Tricis and Shining Armor talk about Rail. He looked to Draco and nodded in agreement. "You can say the same thing to that Minotaur, who fought after that mare. He doesn't seem fast, but his reaction is unreal. I thought the other team had the advantage in speed, but that Minotaur was insane."  

@Unicorncob @Literally Snails 

Dynamo's ear's perked as he heard Jade was addressing him. He turned his attention over to her and gave raised an eyebrow in surprise. "This is the coach being nice? Trust me, I don't mean that in any way of being disrespectful. I'm glad that you told me, though. I'd hate to get on her bad side. Thanks for the warning, Jade." He whispered to her, before continuing. "Speaking of which, it's really nice to meet you, as well. Would you like it if I called your by your name, or would you like me to refer to you as captain? Since we are all on a team, I want to try and work together with everyone."

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad @Unicorncob @Snow Frostflame @Literally Snails @dragon4111
Rose's shadow wavered a bit, but then she calmed down and said, "I went to call my dad for him to switch my weapons, and I'll be fine with Thorn." She held back a yawn and said as she hopped down, "The trip here was long, so I'm going to head to bed. If any of ya need me, ya know where to find me." She threw the bottle in the trash and headed out the door.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

"You can say the same thing to that Minotaur, who fought after that mare.

Shining Armor shook his head. "No, Rail isn't one of the fighters he's the tournament's top executive. As far as I know, he can't fight at all."

21 minutes ago, reader8363 said:

Rose's shadow wavered a bit, but then she calmed down and said, "I went to call my dad for him to switch my weapons, and I'll be fine with Thorn." She held back a yawn and said as she hopped down, "The trip here was long, so I'm going to head to bed. If any of ya need me, ya know where to find me." She threw the bottle in the trash and headed out the door.

@Unicorncob @Snow Frostflame @dragon4111

"Before you sleep, you all need to hear this." Tricis said, "I have a lesson for all of you before you sleep. Something that I believe explains why you're here."

Tricis stood up from her chair in the center of the room for her lecture. This was a lecture she had given Jade before after she earned her training, but likely one she'd forgotten. "First of all, some of you were confused when I mentioned Magical Potential Energy. You aren't all unicorns, I know, but every living being contains some level of magic. Unicorns have an easier time wielding it. A horn is a conduit, not a storage device. There are five measurements of magic in all creatures. Magical Aptitude: the ability to finitely control spells and cast difficult incantations. Magical Well: the measurement of raw magical energy a being has to use. Magical Power: I shouldn't have to explain this one. The strength of one's magical power. Life Energy: the force of will by which all beings live. And Magical Potential: That is, the amount by which your magical power can grow through stress and training. Some ponies may be born gifted in all other arias but lack potential energy, meaning that they have little room to grow. A pony with high Magical Potential can greatly increase their power by continuing to challenge themselves, pushing their bodies to the brink of exhaustion or even death. The five of you are all across the board in all of the other four categories, but your Magical Potential is all the same. You may be a crap showing now, but you all have the potential to grow exponentially, and I believe that this Rail pony knew that as well."

Shining Armor looked down thoughtfully and then back to Tricis. "Hold on a moment, something about this still doesn't make sense to me," he said. "Rail is the owner of team Rokata and he's the person who chose ponies for the guest team. Why would he choose candidates with high magical potential if that meant they could get stronger during the tournament? All that would do is potentially threaten his championship team. He doesn't stand to gain from us winning."

Tricis sat back down, crossing her legs and looking down in thought. "Hmmm..." Shining Armor leaned in closer, seeing the subtleties on her face as she pondered the question. "Hmmm..." She closed her eyes in thought, then suddenly opened them and looked up at the prince. "I have absolutely no idea!"

Shining Armor reeled back, almost falling off his stool.

"Yep, it all seems pretty stupid to me," Tricis commented.

• Brohoof 1

@Literally Snails @reader8363 @Unicorncob @Snow Frostflame @dragon4111

Dynamo watched as Rose was about to get out of her seat and turn in for the night, but the group stopped as Tricis grabbed their attention. The blue unicorn had an almost perplexed expression upon his face as Tricis had brought up magical potential. As the old mare explained the different ways of potential, Dynamo almost had a look of realization. "I think I understand what you mean, Coach." He took a deep breath and hoped that he wouldn't be made fun of for this. "You see, I had a problem when I was born. When I was born, the doctor's noticed the way my horn was shaped." He stopped as he looked up to the curved horn upon his forehead. "They honestly had never seen a unicorn's horn like that. They soon came to the conclusion that it was a plain birth defect and that I would never be able to control magic. Over the years, I had to learn to do basic skills without the use of magic. When I was around 14 or so, I stood up to a bully, who was harassing me. This took place at an arcade, where the owner saw everything going on. As my opponent and I battled it out in a game, I was able to discover the magic from within me. I was able to win and gain my cutie mark in the process." He closed his eyes briefly and sighed. He would always feel embarrassed, when it came to talking about his early years, but he needed to know if that meant something.

He opened his eyes and turned his attention back to Tricis. "Does that have anything relevance with what you talked about, ma'am. I'm not sure, but it felt important to bring up. Since it felt like what you said and my magic was somewhat a connection." He took another sip of his drink, finishing the cola within the glass. He placed a hoof to his chin as he went over what Shining Armor had brought up. "Do you think that maybe someone on Team Rokata knows about each of us? They probably wanting to see how much potential we have. Maybe they want to see if we'd join their team or find out who's worth of giving Team Rokata a challenge." He looked to both Trici and Shining Armor, while raising an eyebrow. "I know I'm just throwing ideas around, but would something like that make some sense?"

Edited by Dynamo Pad

1 hour ago, Dynamo Pad said:

Dynamo's ear's perked as he heard Jade was addressing him. He turned his attention over to her and gave raised an eyebrow in surprise. "This is the coach being nice? Trust me, I don't mean that in any way of being disrespectful. I'm glad that you told me, though. I'd hate to get on her bad side. Thanks for the warning, Jade." He whispered to her, before continuing. "Speaking of which, it's really nice to meet you, as well. Would you like it if I called your by your name, or would you like me to refer to you as captain? Since we are all on a team, I want to try and work together with everyone."

Jade gave a grin at the idea of being called 'captain'. That kind of authority was rare to her. But she didn't want to come across as a tyrant.

"Call me whichever you find more comfortable," she decided.

23 minutes ago, Literally Snails said:

"Before you sleep, you all need to hear this." Tricis said, "I have a lesson for all of you before you sleep. Something that I believe explains why you're here."

Tricis stood up from her chair in the center of the room for her lecture. This was a lecture she had given Jade before after she earned her training, but likely one she'd forgotten. "First of all, some of you were confused when I mentioned Magical Potential Energy. You aren't all unicorns, I know, but every living being contains some level of magic. Unicorns have an easier time wielding it. A horn is a conduit, not a storage device. There are five measurements of magic in all creatures. Magical Aptitude: the ability to finitely control spells and cast difficult incantations. Magical Well: the measurement of raw magical energy a being has to use. Magical Power: I shouldn't have to explain this one. The strength of one's magical power. Life Energy: the force of will by which all beings live. And Magical Potential: That is, the amount by which your magical power can grow through stress and training. Some ponies may be born gifted in all other arias but lack potential energy, meaning that they have little room to grow. A pony with high Magical Potential can greatly increase their power by continuing to challenge themselves, pushing their bodies to the brink of exhaustion or even death. The five of you are all across the board in all of the other four categories, but your Magical Potential is all the same. You may be a crap showing now, but you all have the potential to grow exponentially, and I believe that this Rail pony knew that as well."

Shining Armor looked down thoughtfully and then back to Tricis. "Hold on a moment, something about this still doesn't make sense to me," he said. "Rail is the owner of team Rokata and he's the person who chose ponies for the guest team. Why would he choose candidates with high magical potential if that meant they could get stronger during the tournament? All that would do is potentially threaten his championship team. He doesn't stand to gain from us winning."

Tricis sat back down, crossing her legs and looking down in thought. "Hmmm..." Shining Armor leaned in closer, seeing the subtleties on her face as she pondered the question. "Hmmm..." She closed her eyes in thought, then suddenly opened them and looked up at the prince. "I have absolutely no idea!"

Shining Armor reeled back, almost falling off his stool.

"Yep, it all seems pretty stupid to me," Tricis commented.

She nodded. She had forgotten this lecture; she'd received so many in her life it was difficult to keep track of all of them.

Her eyelids drooped and eyebrow raised. Tricis certainly hadn't changed.

Though, Shining Armour raised a good point. If this Rail owned that team she'd watched earlier, why would he potentially sabotage his own chances?

"Perhaps there is more to this than it seems," she muttered, furrowing her brows.

56 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

Dynamo watched as Rose was about to get out of her seat and turn in for the night, but the group stopped as Tricis grabbed their attention. The blue unicorn had an almost perplexed expression upon his face as Tricis had brought up magical potential. As the old mare explained the different ways of potential, Dynamo almost had a look of realization. "I think I understand what you mean, Coach." He took a deep breath and hoped that he wouldn't be made fun of for this. "You see, I had a problem when I was born. When I was born, the doctor's noticed the way my horn was shaped." He stopped as he looked up to the curved horn upon his forehead. "They honestly had never seen a unicorn's horn like that. They soon came to the conclusion that it was a plain birth defect and that I would never be able to control magic. Over the years, I had to learn to do basic skills without the use of magic. When I was around 14 or so, I stood up to a bully, who was harassing me. This took place at an arcade, where the owner saw everything going on. As my opponent and I battled it out in a game, I was able to discover the magic from within me. I was able to win and gain my cutie mark in the process." He closed his eyes briefly and sighed. He would always feel embarrassed, when it came to talking about his early years, but he needed to know if that meant something.

Tricis briefly smiled at Pad. It was the first time any of them other than Jade had seen her smile. But her expression quickly hardened again after that. "You've got the will to deny when something is impossible. That's magic enough on its own.

@Unicorncob @dragon4111 @reader8363 @Snow Frostflame

Topaz the announcer's voice was heard shouting from the bar's TV screen. "And with yet another beautiful decapitation, the High Flying Five are the fourth team to advance! Be sure to tune in tomorrow for the last four preliminary rounds!"

Tricis turned to Rose. "You can head to your room now. In fact, all of you should. Make sure you get plenty of sleep tonight, even if you're feeling anxious. And remember that there's no greater advantage than to be underestimated. So don't do your opponents any favors."

• Brohoof 1

@Unicorncob @dragon4111 @Snow Frostflame @Literally Snails @Dynamo Pad
Rose was leaning against the doorframe as Tricis gave her lecture, then once she was done, He headed to the room. Once she got there, she sat down on her bed and pulled out her sword. it had a rose stem with thorns spiraling down the blade and it was a bit curved with other rapiers were straight. She moved it around to get a feel for its weight, then she placed it back in its sheath and fell on her bed without bothering to take it off her back and fell asleep

@Literally Snails @reader8363 @Unicorncob 

Dynamo couldn't help but smile as he saw Jade was smiling. With what the group was going though, he knew it would be nice to smile from time to time. "Thanks for letting me know about that, Jade. Knowing me, I'll probably say your name and captain back and forth. At any rate, it'll be great to fight alongside you, captain." As he waited for a response from Tricis, the blue unicorn was caught off guard from the old mare's smile. He knew that she had a serious look on her face all day, but never did he see her smile. It almost seemed rare, in his opinion, but he felt it must have been a good thing. The smile was brief as he saw her take on a more serious expression. He smiled briefly, before furrowing his eyebrows and nods. He looked back at the TV briefly to hear that another team had made it to the next round. He got out of his chair and stretched his limbs. He covered his yawn with a hoof and began making his way to the hotel room. As he made his way past the coach and Shining Armor, he stopped momentarily to talk to Tricis.

"Hey, Coach? I wanted to say thanks for telling me that. I've gone through a lot throughout my life, especially recently. Just hearing what you said has given me the confidence to compete in all of this. I don't care what others think of me, or what some of the team has to say. I will work hard to become a video game professional. I work hard to prove to other's that nothing is impossible. Even though I'm still learning with magic, I know I have room to improve. I know I might not have had a similar reason for being here since the pony I faced had cheated, but it doesn't matter. I'll still do my best for the team, so we can win. Thanks again for telling me that, ma'am." He yawned once again while rubbing his eyes with his hoof. "Goodnight, you guys and see you in the morning." He slowly walked away and made it back to his room. As he made it to his room, he noticed that his bags were all accounted for. He crawled into be and stared up at the ceiling. 'It looks like tomorrow's the big day. I hope I'll be able to do my best tomorrow.' He thought to himself as he closed his eyes and fell asleep. 

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

@Unicorncob @dragon4111 @reader8363 @Dynamo Pad @Literally Snails

Frostflame nodded his head, he wasn't tired but knows he will be if he doesn't sleep, though it wouldn't hurt to channel his magic for awhile. He got up from his spot, tipped his hat, and teleported away. Once in his room he locked the door, and looked at the place. It was different from his cabin out in Unicorn Range. He sat on his bed, removing his hat and mask, and unsheathing his sword, staring it down. "Tomorrow is a big day... everyone mocks our family name, now that you're gone... they have forgotten what we are. But so long as I draw breath I will remind his world to fear the name Frostflame. No matter how many moons it'll take, I will end that rat, and slaughter everypony who did you wrong, father." Frostflame put his sword back in his sheath, and thought about his allies, and why of all ponies he was pared with them... there had to be some reason. Frostflame shrugged it off, and began channeling his icy magics, eventually cooling the room by 60 degrees. As much as he wanted to practice combat, and spells, this was the best he could do without destroying his room. He eventually stopped and the room slowly regained its original temperature. Frostflame then took off his boots, and gloves, and unstrapped his sheath, before getting into bed.

2 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

Dynamo couldn't help but smile as he saw Jade was smiling. With what the group was going though, he knew it would be nice to smile from time to time. "Thanks for letting me know about that, Jade. Knowing me, I'll probably say your name and captain back and forth. At any rate, it'll be great to fight alongside you, captain."

Jade nodded and bowed her head to Dynamo. "I look forward to seeing your skills in action tomorrow."

She bid her teammates and coach goodnight before moving up to her room. She removed her sword and tunic from her back and climbed into bed, planning to be awake and ready at the crack of dawn and begin preparations for the tournament.

@Unicorncob @Literally Snails @Snow Frostflame @reader8363 

Draco listened to what the old mare said and nodded made sense. To be able to control the wind like he has been doing for his whole life? He sirked to himself as he headed off to bed. He couldn't help but grin. "Well time for sleep and see what tomorrow will bring," Draco stated with a grin to himself as he lazily flew to his room then closing it.

(edited)

@reader8363 @Unicorncob @dragon4111 @Dynamo Pad @Snow Frostflame

That night.

"You think they're worth your time?" Rail asked the green tattooed pegasus Jade had seen him with earlier. The two of them were in Rail's presidential suite hotel room, next to a massive window overlooking the night sky.

"I have to see them fight. That's the only way we can measure their worth," The stallion said.

"That will be done soon enough. I used my influence to make sure things were as interesting as possible," Rail extinguished his cigarette on an ashtray next to his seat. "I've arranged for them to fight Tatterhoof's team in the first round."

The next morning.

Team Lotus was gathered in a white room with a tall ceiling. One entire side of the room was a massive door that, when opened, would lead them out into the grassy field surrounding the concrete fighting ring. The tension in the air was so thick it could be cut with a knife. Tricis was with them as well but as a coach, not a combatant.

"Alright fans, are you ready for the next matchup of the tournament? The winner of this round will be the fifth team to advance to round 2!" They heard Topaz's voice through the concrete walls. "In this corner, we have our special guests! The team that needs no introduction! Team Lotus!" 

The massive doors automatically opened, giving the team a taste of sunlight. In front of them was a section of grass, and in front of that was the ring.

As soon as the door opened, they could all hear it; loud, savage booing from the crowd. Some pieces of trash thrown onto the grass in front of them as they walked to their positions outside the ring. They were being treated like the regular named guy at a wrestling match.

"Get those disgraces out of the stadium!"

Spoiler

@Arid_Blitz

Shining Armor was sitting in a private booth away from most of the crowd, watching the match.

Edited by Literally Snails
  • Brohoof 1

@Literally Snails @dragon4111 @reader8363 @Dynamo Pad @Unicorncob

As Frostflame's eye adjusted to the light, he soon realized he wasn't welcomed here, he's glad to see that not only does his team not like him, the audience is the same. He continued following his allies to the field, using his magic to stop any trash from hitting them, and even repels one back from once it came. "Mind their jeering, soon enough they will learn to fear us." He said to the team as he repelled another piece of trash.

Edited by Snow Frostflame

Jade took a deep breath as she marched out into the arena, chest out and chin raised to show confidence. It immediately faltered when she used her wing to repel a piece of trash flung at her from the crowd.

She looked around, eyes darting at the jeering audience. She'd never heard such loud disapproval before, not even when she herself would battle local favourites in other towns.

"Disgraces?" she muttered, mostly to herself. "What did I do to earn such ire?"

(edited)

@Unicorncob @Snow Frostflame @dragon4111 @reader8363 @Dynamo Pad

Topaz waited until all of Team Lotus stopped at their side just outside the ring before announcing the next team. "And in this corner, we have an act that you just can't miss! The incredible- The indescribable- The unbelievable Showboat Tatterhoof's traveling circus!"

The opposite doors opened, revealing a diverse group of five performers, all of them earth ponies. A white painted stallion with a scraggly green wig, dark purple eye shadow and red makeup around his mouth, a large stallion with defined muscles and a striped unitard, a small mare with stretch leg bands and a red body suit, a grey skinned, hairless pony with his mouth stitched shut and no ears aside from barely visible holes in the sides of his head, and their ringleader, a middleaged stallion wearing a top hat and red sparkling suit, leaning heavily on a cane with both his front legs.

The ringleader stood up on his hind legs and lifted his cane into the air as the crowd cheered. "Come on, darlings, lets put on a show!" He cried.

((Info on this team's backstory is in the OOC OP))

• Brohoof 1

@Literally Snails @reader8363 @Unicorncob @Snow Frostflame @Arid_Blitz @dragon4111

As the next morning had dawned, Dynamo had woken up early and tried to get the sleep out of his eyes. He wasn't what one would call a morning pony, but he had to be prepared for what was about to transpire. He made sure got himself ready as he put his jacket on. He would usually wear this jacket when competing in gaming tournaments, so he felt it would be necessary. It wasn't a gaming tournament, but it was a tournament nonetheless. As he exited his room, he made it down to the front lobby, where the rest of the team was stationed. As everyone was accounted for, the team made their way to a room with a tall ceiling. He took a calming deep breath and sighed. As the massive doors began to open, the blue unicorn had to shield his eyes with a hoof from the bright light. "This is it, you guys. Let's go give it all we've got." He says as he began to follow the team towards the tournament ring.

As he walked out, he could hear the constant booing and jeering from the crowd. He looked back to see the expressions, before shaking his head and looking back to what was in front of him. His ears perked as he thought he heard Jade saying something. He walked closer to her and placed a comforting hoof upon her shoulder. "Just ignore the crowd. Sometimes they play favorites and other times they're critics. I've had to deal with that when going to certain tournaments. My best advice is to ignore the crowd and stick to focusing on what's in front of you." He says in hopes of making her not feel worried.

As they reached the ring, Dynamo watched as the other door opened to reveal their opponents. When the team stepped out, Dynamo couldn't help in raising an eyebrow in confusion. "So...we're facing a team of...clowns, huh?" He honestly couldn't wrap his mind around it, but he realized that every team would be different and unique in their own way. He knew it wouldn't be smart to underestimate an opponent. "They seem to be a lively bunch. It makes you wonder what kind of tricks they'll have up their sleeves." He says as he tried to analyze their opponents. 

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

Walking through the halls the unicorn and the stallion came to the private booth of Shining Armor's, walking in without a knock Arid gave a chuckle "Ahh the esteemed Shining Armor, so this is where you have been hiding? I was planning to meet you yesterday along with the other team owners." smirking some he walked over some not even giving him a passing glance "You put me behind schedule because of that, I should hope it wont happen again." looking out over the arena he looked at Nocturne "Our team should be up today right?"

The unicorn pushed her glasses up as she entered the room, looking over her notebook she nodded "Yes Arid, it seems they are to fight team...cleave? Seems mister Armor's team is up now and from what I can gather just barely are a team." writing something into the journal she used her magic to pour Arid a glass of wine "Amusing to see Mr. Armor here scrapping the bottom of the barrel just to form a team."

@Literally Snails @Dynamo Pad @Unicorncob @Snow Frostflame
Rose yawned as she walked out, while getting more annoyed at the crowd for the jeers. Her sheath was dragging through the dirt as she sipped her coffee. It was slowly helping her wake up, but not as fast as she needed to be. Once she stopped next to her teammates, she let go of the sheath and started cleaning up for look

(edited)
21 minutes ago, Arid_Blitz said:

what I can gather just barely are a team." writing something into the journal she used her magic to pour Arid a glass of wine "Amusing to see Mr. Armor here scrapping the bottom of the

Shining Armor didn't look back at the stallion talking to him, but he could see his reflection in the glass. Arid could see Shining Armor's reflection as well, and he had a contemplative scowl on his face, focusing on the stadium where the fight was about to start.

"You know that I wasn't invited to those meetings and that I didn't pick my team." He said. "If you have something important to discuss I'll humor you, whoever you are, but right now I have something important to watch."

In a different private booth, a wealthy stallion in a green button-down suit was watching the fight while sipping on a glass of whiskey on ice. The stallion was sitting on a leather couch. The room was the largest private room in the stadium where only committee officials and team owners were allowed.

Rail walked into the room and sat down on the couch on the opposite end of the stallion in the green suit. "Ah, Rail, just the pony I wanted to see!" He said as he scooted closer to the red unicorn. "You know, that Team Lotus doesn't have a chance against Tatterhoof's team! Not only are they top notch, but they've also got fan support! You know, some of the lower class just cant' get enough of their showmanship."

He waited for Rail to respond but got nothing, then he leaned back in the seat, convincing himself he was just engrossed by the match.

"Of course, I would never bet money on such rabble, it's beneath me, but if it wasn't, I think it's clear who's set to win this fight!"

@Unicorncob

"Would the captains of each team please step onto the ring so we can get this pain fest started!?" Topaz asked with cheer.

The stallion in the ringleader outfit hopped onto the stadium ring with his cane in his mouth, then when he got to the center of the ring, he threw it down and kicked it back up with his front hoof, skillfully catching it with the opposite front hoof and using it to stand. There was a microphone built into the tip of his cane, which he switched on and turned to the crowd, not waiting for Jade to even get on stage.

"Ladies and gentlecolts, never forget what you're about to see! The likes of which  no pony has ever seen before!" He announced. Topaz seemed quite confused, unsure if she should interrupt. "You're about to witness the indescribable!" He added, looking directly at Jade. Perhaps this was all just part of an act? "And with the generous aid of Team Lotus, Showboat Tatterhoof's traveling circus will leave you in awe at the most spectacular public execution ever to be seen!"

• Brohoof 1

Jade looked to Dynamo and listened, somehow hearing him over the crowd. She nodded slowly. "I just wasn't expecting such... hostility."

She watched as the opposing team entered the arena, and she was taken aback by what she saw. All ponies, either eccentrically dressed or disfigured. The stitched one made her particularly uneasy.

She felt her best chance was against the mare in red, but she didn't really want to fight any of them. Who knew what such mad-looking ponies could do?

She shook her head. No, that's not what she was taught. They were just some strangely dressed ponies, she'd fought--and defeated--bigger opponents.

"Maybe if we watch how one of them fights, we can get an idea of their general style." she muttered to her team, not taking her eyes off her opponents, despite wanting to.

2 minutes ago, Literally Snails said:

"Would the captains of each team please step onto the ring so we can get this pain fest started!?" Topaz asked with cheer.

The stallion in the ringleader outfit hopped onto the stadium ring with his cane in his mouth, then when he got to the center of the ring, he threw it down and kicked it back up with his front hoof, skillfully catching it with the opposite front hoof and using it to stand. There was a microphone built into the tip of his cane, which he switched on and turned to the crowd, not waiting for Jade to even get on stage.

"Ladies and gentlecolts, never forget what you're about to see! The likes of which  no pony has ever seen before!" He announced. Topaz seemed quite confused, unsure if she should interrupt. "You're about to witness the indescribable!" He added, looking directly at Jade. Perhaps this was all just part of an act? "And with the generous aid of Team Lotus, Showboat Tatterhoof's traveling circus will leave you in awe at the most spectacular public execution ever to be seen!"

She approached the ring, rolling her eyes as she listened to the other captain's boasting.

Somepony is confident.

She approached Tatterhoof and raised an eyebrow. "I believe we will leave you with some surprises of our own. But I wish you luck nonetheless." She added, bowing her head in a show of respect.

(edited)
24 minutes ago, Unicorncob said:

She approached the ring, rolling her eyes as she listened to the other captain's boasting.

Somepony is confident.

She approached Tatterhoof and raised an eyebrow. "I believe we will leave you with some surprises of our own. But I wish you luck nonetheless." She added, bowing her head in a show of respect.

@dragon4111 @Snow Frostflame @reader8363 @Dynamo Pad

The ringleader was taken aback by the opposing captains bow of respect. Can't let that hang in the air or I'll look like a stiff. He thought to himself, and then did something even more shocking. He bowed back.

After bowing he jumped in the air and twirled his cane before landing in a pose, pointing the blunt end of his cane at Jade. "I propose a contest of skill and showmanship!" He offered with a wide smile. He tapped his cane on the ground and leaned on it. Then he tapped it again, and a purple beam shot into the air, materializing into a spectral scoreboard above the ring. It had two scores on it, one labeled showboat, one labeled Lotus. 

"Here's the offer," he began to explain, "We'll fight one on one, as normal. Every fight we win earns two points. However, one point is also awarded to the fighter who does the best in these three categories: One point for technique, one point for creativity, and one point for entertainment. That means that each match can earn a potential of five points. First team to thirteen points wins."

He pointed up at the spectral scoreboard. There was a blank screen at the bottom where announcements of the categories could be made. "The categories won't be judged by me. This is a spectral encantation, it will award points to whichever fighter it impartially believes performed the best in the respective categories. You see, this will be an incentive to not only fight well, but to give the crowd a real show as well." He leaned on his cane again, smirking at Jade, "That is... unless you have no style, no creativity and no showmanship. Perhaps if you're talentless you should reject my offer and just think with your hooves like a good cave pony."

• Brohoof 2