Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Everfree Dark Tournament RP

Literally Snails

4 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Topaz whistled and pointed at the dragon. "I haven't started the fight yet! The two captains need to agree on terms for the fight and play by the rules or I'll be forced to disqualify you and that won't be good for either of us, understand?"

1 hour ago, Dynamo Pad said:

As the two entered the arena and walked up the stairs, Dynamo nodded at the orders his captain had given. "Fair enough and sounds like a plan. We'll all need to be well rested and recovered for these next few teams. I hope the others are going to watch these fights. It's better to know your opponents, in order to figure out how to fight them. Given that every other team might know how we fight at this point." He noted, taking a seat next to Jade at the top of the stairs.

As the two teams had entered the arena, Dynamo was surprised as the Dragon from team Tsunami had kicked one of Canteen's teammates. "They thought the match had already begun? It seems like some competitors are just eager to begin a battle." He says, taking notice of the others teammates on Team Crimos's side. He remembered hearing that Aiden would be the team alternate, before he was kicked by the dragon. "So, he's being an alternate for someone else, at the moment. Considering he's a team owner, I wonder how strong he really is? I can't say going by when he got kicked, but looks can be deceiving." He muttered, waiting to see how the match would play out. 

Jade raised an eyebrow as she watched the illegal move take place. "Once again, we may be dealing with a team who don't like agreeing to rules. Be prepared for any sneak attacks." she added with a side glance to Dynamo, before going back to watch.

She had to wonder herself just how good this Aiden was as well.

Standing there after the whistle was blown she gave a glare at Topaz "Shut up, the terms are agreeable and I decided to get the drop on my opponent. If you try to stop me again I'll kill you as well." she snarled at her before turning her attention to Arid

Arid had landed on the ground in a heap after the sneak attack, making it back up to his hooves he moved his jaw around till a pop was heard "I suppose then the match has begun now...lady Topaz allow this to continue." hearing the threat made at Topaz he smiled at the Dragon "I'm your opponent, now then come."

Team crimos had seen the sneak attack but did not even really react to it, some looking bored the griffin speaking up "I guess they fear us if they had to resort to a sneak attack."

Rushing at Arid they began to hit each other with incredible speed. The longer the two were hitting each other the more it seemed their attacks were getting stronger, finally the dragon leaned back before coming down with a bone shattering headbutt to the top of Arid's head making him drop. The dragon began to chuckle moving back a few feet as Arid got up slowly

"Time to die..." the dragon breathed in before firing off torrent blast of water and ice at Arid. The water was to soak the opponent as the ice cut and froze the target solid a cloud of vapor was around Arid. When it finally dissipated Arid was a solid chunk of ice "Love how he talked so big yet he couldnt even last a whole 5 minutes." she turned around starting to walk away

Inside the ice block Arid's eyes moved suddenly looking at the dragon who was walking away, the ice beginning to crack. The ice finally shattered as Arid Breathed out a poof of Vapor "I should recharge this,,,I bet a dragon soul will give it a nice charge." he rushed towards the dragon who turned hearing the ice shattter before a hoof hit her in the throat then a kick to the left side. Before she could catch her breath Arid had her horns in his hooves twisting till her neck snapped cleanly in half. After the body hit the ground people could see a blue ball emerge from the dead dragon before flying into Arid's necklace

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
1 hour ago, Arid_Blitz said:

Standing there after the whistle was blown she gave a glare at Topaz "Shut up, the terms are agreeable and I decided to get the drop on my opponent. If you try to stop me again I'll kill you as well." she snarled at her before turning her attention to Arid

"o-kay..." Topaz said, taking a step back. The two captains actually hadn't agreed on the engagement, but she wasn't going to dispute that.

1 hour ago, Arid_Blitz said:

Inside the ice block Arid's eyes moved suddenly looking at the dragon who was walking away, the ice beginning to crack. The ice finally shattered as Arid Breathed out a poof of Vapor "I should recharge this,,,I bet a dragon soul will give it a nice charge." he rushed towards the dragon who turned hearing the ice shattter before a hoof hit her in the throat then a kick to the left side. Before she could catch her breath Arid had her horns in his hooves twisting till her neck snapped cleanly in half. After the body hit the ground people could see a blue ball emerge from the dead dragon before flying into Arid's necklace

Spoiler

"A clean break, ponies!" Topaz announced. She walked closer to Arid to survey the damage. "Two blows and it's over! I could hear that one from across the ring! What a satisfying sound! Team Crimos gets an early lead!"

She made a sweeping hoof motion to the stands with her mic tilted. "Let's keep this going! Will the next fighters please step forward!?"

Edited by Literally Snails
  • Brohoof 1

Rose got to the arena just as the captains were about to discuss conditions. Her body tensed at the sneak attack, but then it relaxed after the dragon died. She deserved that for being a common backstabber 

• Brohoof 1

21 hours ago, Unicorncob said:

Jade raised an eyebrow as she watched the illegal move take place. "Once again, we may be dealing with a team who don't like agreeing to rules. Be prepared for any sneak attacks." she added with a side glance to Dynamo, before going back to watch.

She had to wonder herself just how good this Aiden was as well.

Dynamo glanced briefly to Jade and nodded at her claim. "You've got that right. It's like how the chemist had used when Patchwork took the stage. It really seems like the norm for this tournament. It's either a team who fights fair or has to make up any number of crazy rules. It's like we're the only team that breaks that mold." He says, before turning his attention back to the match.

8 hours ago, Arid_Blitz said:

Arid had landed on the ground in a heap after the sneak attack, making it back up to his hooves he moved his jaw around till a pop was heard "I suppose then the match has begun now...lady Topaz allow this to continue." hearing the threat made at Topaz he smiled at the Dragon "I'm your opponent, now then come."

Team crimos had seen the sneak attack but did not even really react to it, some looking bored the griffin speaking up "I guess they fear us if they had to resort to a sneak attack."

Rushing at Arid they began to hit each other with incredible speed. The longer the two were hitting each other the more it seemed their attacks were getting stronger, finally the dragon leaned back before coming down with a bone shattering headbutt to the top of Arid's head making him drop. The dragon began to chuckle moving back a few feet as Arid got up slowly

"Time to die..." the dragon breathed in before firing off torrent blast of water and ice at Arid. The water was to soak the opponent as the ice cut and froze the target solid a cloud of vapor was around Arid. When it finally dissipated Arid was a solid chunk of ice "Love how he talked so big yet he couldnt even last a whole 5 minutes." she turned around starting to walk away

The blue unicorn watched as Arid had stood up. It looked like the team owner wasn't even hurt from the looks of things. The fight got started as Arid and the dragon kept throwing hit after hit. With each attack, the two fighters seemed to move faster. Dynamo had raised an eyebrow at the dragon's unique attack of water and ice. Within moments, Arid had become frozen in a sphere of ice. It looked like the match was going to be called, but he watched as Arid had broke through the ice. His eyes widened as Arid had quickly moved over to the dragon and eliminated her. "That match didn't last that long, but I could gather a lot of info. It seems like Arid is very durable to some attacks, while being able to deliver punishing attacks at the same time. I'm also surprised he was able to finish the match like that. I thought dragon scales were durable, or something along those lines." He narrowed his eyes slightly as he saw the dragon's soul emerged, before flying into the necklace Arid had around his neck. "What was that? Did he take that dragon's soul or something? If so, then why?" He muttered, before shaking his head. "I don't know what's going on, but I know one thing. Team Crimos isn't one to be underestimated. Canteen was a prime example in their previous match. Now, we're seeing that the entire team has unique abilities with power to match." He says, waiting to see who would take part in the next match. 

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

The blue unicorn watched as Arid had stood up. It looked like the team owner wasn't even hurt from the looks of things. The fight got started as Arid and the dragon kept throwing hit after hit. With each attack, the two fighters seemed to move faster. Dynamo had raised an eyebrow at the dragon's unique attack of water and ice. Within moments, Arid had become frozen in a sphere of ice. It looked like the match was going to be called, but he watched as Arid had broke through the ice. His eyes widened as Arid had quickly moved over to the dragon and eliminated her. "That match didn't last that long, but I could gather a lot of info. It seems like Arid is very durable to some attacks, while being able to deliver punishing attacks at the same time. I'm also surprised he was able to finish the match like that. I thought dragon scales were durable, or something along those lines." He narrowed his eyes slightly as he saw the dragon's soul emerged, before flying into the necklace Arid had around his neck. "What was that? Did he take that dragon's soul or something? If so, then why?" He muttered, before shaking his head. "I don't know what's going on, but I know one thing. Team Crimos isn't one to be underestimated. Canteen was a prime example in their previous match. Now, we're seeing that the entire team has unique abilities with power to match." He says, waiting to see who would take part in the next match. 

Jade leaned forward as she watched Arid after the match. "I don't want to think so, but... it certainly looks that way. I can only assume he uses its power to grow stronger."

She shuddered at the idea of having her soul stolen, or worse, her teammates'.

"It may explain how he broke through that ice so easily," she went on. "It seems we may be dealing with dark powers once again. Be wise in using your magic against any of them."

After the fight Arid walked from the ring leaving the body " Viridi take care of the next one, then I believe will be you Defiant." he said hopping down from the ring, taking his coat he put it back on. He looked at the crowd smirking some "Shame I had to break that dragon's neck...however her soul should come in very handy." he said softly turning to head off "I'll be off, dont need to see the rest when I know the result."

Viridi nodded as she got up into the ring, as she went to the center lifting her wings to stretch them out revealing a pair of metal tonfa's that were attached to a sling. Hearing something she looked back as Canteen was yelling out to toss him the dragon wanting to add her horns to the one he had on his head he took from that female unicorn. Grabbing it with a hand she flung it back having it land on Canteen who went to work removing the horns. "I'm ready."

One of the pegasus got into the ring heading over to the middle getting there he tilted his head some "I am as well..trust me I'm going to make sure you pay for what your boss did.to our team leader." he had his wings at the ready as he stood there across from Viridi awaiting for the match to begin

Topaz looked between them "Alright it seems we have our competitors ready...now BEGIN." she said moving back a few steps

The pegasus and Viridi were almost a blur as they both took off into the sky throwing hits at each other, both of them not giving an inch as they flew around the arena even getting close to the fans sending them running. The Griffin even grabbing a small fan from his seat and tossing them at the pegasus who dodged the makeshift projectile with ease

Topaz was watching wide eyed "Oh My it seems the match isnt five minutes in and already very brutal. A fan was just used as a makeshift projectile I think he just got his money's worth and thensome."

As the two continued their air fight they soared up high dodging and attacking each other, finally they came back to the ring each of them on a side of the ring smiling

Viridi's tail moved around trailing along the arena floor, if someone looked there was a marking left behind left with a marker she had attached to her tail tuft to keep it hidden, her and the pegasus went back at it this time on the arena floor they were all over the ring exchanging blows as more and more markings appeared on the ground from the griffin. Finally they came to a stop as Viridi turned her back to the pegasus walking away "It's over..was fun." as she went to the edge of the ring she used her wings to lift herself up and hover there

The pegasus blinked looking at her as she said it was over, as he went to the center of the ring he growled out "What the hell do you mean it is over? Are you giving up already?" he said as Viridi pointed down at the ring floor, looking he saw markings everywhere in the ring. During their ground battle it seemed she was marking areas with runes as the entire ring was now a giant rune. He went to take off again with his wings but the runes lit up and a huge flash came up covering the majority of the ring the light itself was bright enough to be blinding.

Finally dying down the pegasus was gone all that was left was a black smear on the ground with ash atop it. Topaz was uninjured Viridi having made sure to keep the runes away from her "Dont bother counting." she said before landing on the ground with her team

• Brohoof 1

10 minutes ago, Arid_Blitz said:

Finally dying down the pegasus was gone all that was left was a black smear on the ground with ash atop it. Topaz was uninjured Viridi having made sure to keep the runes away from her "Dont bother counting." she said before landing on the ground with her team

Topaz was fixated on the smear mark for a moment. "Yes, I suppose a ten count would be a little ridiculous..." She said. "That puts one more point on the board for team Crimos. Team Tsunami has one last chance to advance! Would the next fighter's please take your stances!?"

Rail was watching the fight from his private room. Nin was in the room with him, watching over his shoulder. "A crude execution but decent technique. Maybe she's read one of my books." Said Nin.

"Seeing these one's fight Team Lotus will be interesting. The other gamblers must be sweating now." Said Rail.

@DwhitetheGamer

Shining Armor was also watching from his room. He looked to the mercinary and said, "It seems this is the team you'll be fighting, Team Crimos."

• Brohoof 1

38 minutes ago, Literally Snails said:

Shining Armor was also watching from his room. He looked to the mercinary and said, "It seems this is the team you'll be fighting, Team Crimos."

"Team Crimos..." Copper watched with some interest as the fight went on.  Nodding briefly, he looked at Shining and continued.  "Seems so.  I'm also assuming I won't be here for long and I'll take what I can get.  I'd rather meet my team members first before I charge into battle, so I'll need to go soon."

• Brohoof 1

19 hours ago, Unicorncob said:

Jade leaned forward as she watched Arid after the match. "I don't want to think so, but... it certainly looks that way. I can only assume he uses its power to grow stronger."

She shuddered at the idea of having her soul stolen, or worse, her teammates'.

"It may explain how he broke through that ice so easily," she went on. "It seems we may be dealing with dark powers once again. Be wise in using your magic against any of them."

Dynamo nodded in agreement, while feeling a shiver run down his spine. "I just want to know where he was able to find a necklace like that. It looks like it's powers can rival that of an alicorn amulet. We'll have to talk about this to the rest of the team. However, my guess is that he can gain the strength or maybe even the abilities of the souls he claims." He says, shaking his head as he was unsure of his theory.

9 hours ago, Arid_Blitz said:

After the fight Arid walked from the ring leaving the body " Viridi take care of the next one, then I believe will be you Defiant." he said hopping down from the ring, taking his coat he put it back on. He looked at the crowd smirking some "Shame I had to break that dragon's neck...however her soul should come in very handy." he said softly turning to head off "I'll be off, dont need to see the rest when I know the result."

Viridi nodded as she got up into the ring, as she went to the center lifting her wings to stretch them out revealing a pair of metal tonfa's that were attached to a sling. Hearing something she looked back as Canteen was yelling out to toss him the dragon wanting to add her horns to the one he had on his head he took from that female unicorn. Grabbing it with a hand she flung it back having it land on Canteen who went to work removing the horns. "I'm ready."

One of the pegasus got into the ring heading over to the middle getting there he tilted his head some "I am as well..trust me I'm going to make sure you pay for what your boss did.to our team leader." he had his wings at the ready as he stood there across from Viridi awaiting for the match to begin

Topaz looked between them "Alright it seems we have our competitors ready...now BEGIN." she said moving back a few steps

The pegasus and Viridi were almost a blur as they both took off into the sky throwing hits at each other, both of them not giving an inch as they flew around the arena even getting close to the fans sending them running. The Griffin even grabbing a small fan from his seat and tossing them at the pegasus who dodged the makeshift projectile with ease

Topaz was watching wide eyed "Oh My it seems the match isnt five minutes in and already very brutal. A fan was just used as a makeshift projectile I think he just got his money's worth and thensome."

As the two continued their air fight they soared up high dodging and attacking each other, finally they came back to the ring each of them on a side of the ring smiling

Viridi's tail moved around trailing along the arena floor, if someone looked there was a marking left behind left with a marker she had attached to her tail tuft to keep it hidden, her and the pegasus went back at it this time on the arena floor they were all over the ring exchanging blows as more and more markings appeared on the ground from the griffin. Finally they came to a stop as Viridi turned her back to the pegasus walking away "It's over..was fun." as she went to the edge of the ring she used her wings to lift herself up and hover there

The pegasus blinked looking at her as she said it was over, as he went to the center of the ring he growled out "What the hell do you mean it is over? Are you giving up already?" he said as Viridi pointed down at the ring floor, looking he saw markings everywhere in the ring. During their ground battle it seemed she was marking areas with runes as the entire ring was now a giant rune. He went to take off again with his wings but the runes lit up and a huge flash came up covering the majority of the ring the light itself was bright enough to be blinding.

As the next match had begun, it seemed that Viridi the griffin was fighting a Pegasus. He was impressed with how fast they flew into the air, while they continued to trade hit after hit. He watched as some of the crowd was caught in the crossfire. He was even worried for a fan, who was used as a projectile to hit the Pegasus. As the two returned to the ring, Dynamo thought he had seen a marking created by Viridi. He raised an eyebrow as the griffin had called the match and left. He was about to question, but was given his answer as a bright light had suddenly occurred. The blue unicorn had to shield his eyes from the bright light. As the light had suddenly fadded, Dynamo reopened his eyes to see the results. What he saw had shocked him to the core. The Pegasus was nowhere to be seen and ashes where said Pegasus once was.

Seeing that Team Crimos got another point, Dynamo's jaw dropped slightly. "That's just insane. I-I don't understand. I-It look the griffin used some kind of runes or something. What kind of ability allows you to get rid of an opponent like that?" He knew that he had to train and take these fights seriously if he and the others were going to succeed. "They're just like Team Rokata. They are ruthless and have powers that are simply unheard of." He muttered, glancing slightly over to his captain. "You weren't kidding when you said we'd be dealing with dark powers again. I'll be sure to be careful when it comes to using my magic against these guys."

• Brohoof 1

@Literally Snails@Snow Frostflame

Draco watched with a grin on his face as he watched. This was going to be fun. Draco cracked his neck. "Tell me Frostflame what are your chances against that one?" Draco asked as he pulled out a cigarette. "If you don't think you can take that one on I'll take him." he stated. "Considering your blade is losing it's enchantment in it," he whispered into the stallion's ear.

3 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

Dynamo nodded in agreement, while feeling a shiver run down his spine. "I just want to know where he was able to find a necklace like that. It looks like it's powers can rival that of an alicorn amulet. We'll have to talk about this to the rest of the team. However, my guess is that he can gain the strength or maybe even the abilities of the souls he claims." He says, shaking his head as he was unsure of his theory.

Jade nodded slowly in agreement. "That's also possible, yes. I'm not sure where he would find something like that, but I know it was not through legal means."

3 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

As the next match had begun, it seemed that Viridi the griffin was fighting a Pegasus. He was impressed with how fast they flew into the air, while they continued to trade hit after hit. He watched as some of the crowd was caught in the crossfire. He was even worried for a fan, who was used as a projectile to hit the Pegasus. As the two returned to the ring, Dynamo thought he had seen a marking created by Viridi. He raised an eyebrow as the griffin had called the match and left. He was about to question, but was given his answer as a bright light had suddenly occurred. The blue unicorn had to shield his eyes from the bright light. As the light had suddenly fadded, Dynamo reopened his eyes to see the results. What he saw had shocked him to the core. The Pegasus was nowhere to be seen and ashes where said Pegasus once was.

Seeing that Team Crimos got another point, Dynamo's jaw dropped slightly. "That's just insane. I-I don't understand. I-It look the griffin used some kind of runes or something. What kind of ability allows you to get rid of an opponent like that?" He knew that he had to train and take these fights seriously if he and the others were going to succeed. "They're just like Team Rokata. They are ruthless and have powers that are simply unheard of." He muttered, glancing slightly over to his captain. "You weren't kidding when you said we'd be dealing with dark powers again. I'll be sure to be careful when it comes to using my magic against these guys."

She felt a twinge of rivalry watching the Pegasus's speed and fighting style. She wanted to show that she was superior. She was superior.

She shook her head, forced the negative thoughts back. This tournament was starting to get to her.

She shielded her eyes with a wing from the bright light, and looked when it faded to see the Pegasus had been destroyed. She felt disappointment.

She nodded at Dynamo's promise. "First, clowns. Then, prisoners, Now, dark magic. It seems like whoever is organising these fights is beginning to take us seriously. Or wants us eliminated that much."

She flexed her wings. "Either way, we will prevail."

Defiant got up into the ring, carrying his lance he went to the middle of the ring using his one wing he flapped it to send the ashes into the air. Pushing up to his hind legs he grabbed his lance and spun it around using it to lean on "I am ready." As he stood there someone yelled out to him "Hey HEY Defiant Melio is gonna join you it isnt fair." it was Canteen pushing his brother up and into the ring who was shaking

Defiant sighed nodding "Very well...I'll be sure he is fine as best I can."

Melio was shaking as he slowly made his way over to Defiant almost hiding himself behind him, obvious fear in his eyes as bit his bottom lip. Being unable to talk he wasnt able to say no to Canteen...even though he knew Canteen was just trying to help him overcome his fear.

The other pegasus came into the ring along with one of the unicorns with the mask on their left side of the face. Both made their way to the middle of the ring as the Pegasus spoke "Your team sickens me, I'm not going to take it easy and be ready for whatever you have." moving back a few steps as the unicorn looked at the shaking Melio

"Aww look at you...scared? Dont worry...I'll make all that fear go away." leaning down some "I'll snap that neck of yours like what your team owner did to our friend...or perhaps burn you to ash." chuckling walking back to stand near the pegasus

Topaz looked before shrugging some "It seems there has been a change in plans the last match is now a two vs two. Ready...BEGIN." she yelled out

As she said begin the pegasus took off at Defiant with incredible speed before getting to him took off up into the air "Ha long as I stay up here how are you going to get to me?" getting up pretty high they grabbed a cloud moving it some as they struck it lightning flew down at Defiant

Readying himself Defiant used a leg to push Melio away as he leaped to the side avoiding the lightning. Looking up they chuckled "Nice plan..except one little flaw..means your unicorn is now alone down here." as he said that he grabbed his lance and simply vanished with such speed that all that people could see was a blur as the lance hit the unicorn sending them backwards out of the ring

The pegasus grumbled as they struck more lightning down at Defiant who avoided it easily. Finally the pegasus sent a bolt down at Melio "Hmph fine let's play with the scared little earth pony."

A blur happened again pushing Melio out of the way before Defiant dropped to the ground taking a direct hit from the lighting. On the other side the ring the unicorn outside the ring was trading masks with their twin allowing them to take their place as people were more focus on Defiant and the lightning, getting into the ring they took off after Melio

Melio was hit with a hoof by the unicorn, hitting the ground they were slow at getting up shaking hard. Canteen was yelling out about the hit "HEY DONT YOU HURT MY BROTHER!" as he was being held back by Virdi, Getting hit again by the unicorn who was laughing "Aww what where is your precious protector?" the pegasus came down seeing no need to hide from Defiant who was down..helping to hit Melio

Melio finally was let up by the pair who just wanted to knock him around some more. Melio began to flail his hooves at the pegasus who used their wings to protect them self "Aww he is trying to hurt me." the pegasus took off into the air again "I'll end it with this." he said as he hovered high in the air before his wings stiffened starting to turn into a light purple crystal as he plummeted from incredible height

Defiant finally got up brushing himself off "Finally." he grabbed his lance before vanishing, next thing the unicorn had been ran through with it before the lance was lifted up with the unicorn still attached to it. The pegasus landed right onto it impaling himself on it as Defiant just grinned "Well..that was fun and all..." the two gurgled struggling to get off the lance before finally dying

• Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, Arid_Blitz said:

Melio finally was let up by the pair who just wanted to knock him around some more. Melio began to flail his hooves at the pegasus who used their wings to protect them self "Aww he is trying to hurt me." the pegasus took off into the air again "I'll end it with this." he said as he hovered high in the air before his wings stiffened starting to turn into a light purple crystal as he plummeted from incredible height

Defiant finally got up brushing himself off "Finally." he grabbed his lance before vanishing, next thing the unicorn had been ran through with it before the lance was lifted up with the unicorn still attached to it. The pegasus landed right onto it impaling himself on it as Defiant just grinned "Well..that was fun and all..." the two gurgled struggling to get off the lance before finally dying

@Unicorncob @Dynamo Pad @Snow Frostflame @dragon4111 @reader8363

Tricis walked through the crowd and sat next to Jade and Dynamo Pad. Her expression was even more stern and focussed than usual for her. 

Topaz did a little twirl on the ring, being sure to avoid stepping on any of the splattered blood on the ring. "Double devastation! I don't know if you guys saw all that. It happened so fast. But it looked like defiant, the Pegasus with the solo wing just stopped that fight and made a team Tsunami shishkebab! This round is over!" 

As the crowd broke into a frenzi of opposing cheers and boos, Topaz made her way to Arid and held a Mic to him. "Tell me, mister Blitz, you're the captain and owner of the third team to advance to the semi finals. What do you have to say to the folks at home?"

On 1/29/2019 at 9:34 PM, DwhitetheGamer said:

"Team Crimos..." Copper watched with some interest as the fight went on.  Nodding briefly, he looked at Shining and continued.  "Seems so.  I'm also assuming I won't be here for long and I'll take what I can get.  I'd rather meet my team members first before I charge into battle, so I'll need to go soon."

Shining Armor looked away from the ring and back to Copper. "Like I said, Tricis will introduce you to them once these fights are over. Team Rokata is about to fight. They have a lot on their minds."

• Brohoof 1

On 1/30/2019 at 9:06 AM, Unicorncob said:

She nodded at Dynamo's promise. "First, clowns. Then, prisoners, Now, dark magic. It seems like whoever is organising these fights is beginning to take us seriously. Or wants us eliminated that much."

She flexed her wings. "Either way, we will prevail."

Dynamo couldn't help in chuckling at the things their team had faced off against already. "Unfortunately, at least the tournament is being consistent. We were lucky to get a break for a day off, but I guess it never gets any easier." The blue unicorn hummed at Jade, who had mentioned something about dark magic. Something wasn't right about Team Crimos. That, he knew for sure. He thought back to Crimos's first fight in the tournament. After a moment, his eyes widened as he had suddenly thought of something. "Hey, Jade. I think I figured something about about the team we might fight. Do you want to know, or should we wait until we have our team meeting?"

He noticed Jade, who had flexed her wings and gave him reassurance. He smiled softly and nodded in understanding. Sure, he was afraid to fight these next few teams. However, he knew that his team and friends would always be with him. He shouldn't have to go and give up now. "Yeah, you're right. We'll give it our all and we will win." He says, turning to see the next fight in the tournament.

10 hours ago, Arid_Blitz said:

Defiant got up into the ring, carrying his lance he went to the middle of the ring using his one wing he flapped it to send the ashes into the air. Pushing up to his hind legs he grabbed his lance and spun it around using it to lean on "I am ready." As he stood there someone yelled out to him "Hey HEY Defiant Melio is gonna join you it isnt fair." it was Canteen pushing his brother up and into the ring who was shaking

Defiant sighed nodding "Very well...I'll be sure he is fine as best I can."

Melio was shaking as he slowly made his way over to Defiant almost hiding himself behind him, obvious fear in his eyes as bit his bottom lip. Being unable to talk he wasnt able to say no to Canteen...even though he knew Canteen was just trying to help him overcome his fear.

The other pegasus came into the ring along with one of the unicorns with the mask on their left side of the face. Both made their way to the middle of the ring as the Pegasus spoke "Your team sickens me, I'm not going to take it easy and be ready for whatever you have." moving back a few steps as the unicorn looked at the shaking Melio

"Aww look at you...scared? Dont worry...I'll make all that fear go away." leaning down some "I'll snap that neck of yours like what your team owner did to our friend...or perhaps burn you to ash." chuckling walking back to stand near the pegasus

Topaz looked before shrugging some "It seems there has been a change in plans the last match is now a two vs two. Ready...BEGIN." she yelled out

As she said begin the pegasus took off at Defiant with incredible speed before getting to him took off up into the air "Ha long as I stay up here how are you going to get to me?" getting up pretty high they grabbed a cloud moving it some as they struck it lightning flew down at Defiant

Readying himself Defiant used a leg to push Melio away as he leaped to the side avoiding the lightning. Looking up they chuckled "Nice plan..except one little flaw..means your unicorn is now alone down here." as he said that he grabbed his lance and simply vanished with such speed that all that people could see was a blur as the lance hit the unicorn sending them backwards out of the ring

The pegasus grumbled as they struck more lightning down at Defiant who avoided it easily. Finally the pegasus sent a bolt down at Melio "Hmph fine let's play with the scared little earth pony."

A blur happened again pushing Melio out of the way before Defiant dropped to the ground taking a direct hit from the lighting. On the other side the ring the unicorn outside the ring was trading masks with their twin allowing them to take their place as people were more focus on Defiant and the lightning, getting into the ring they took off after Melio

Melio was hit with a hoof by the unicorn, hitting the ground they were slow at getting up shaking hard. Canteen was yelling out about the hit "HEY DONT YOU HURT MY BROTHER!" as he was being held back by Virdi, Getting hit again by the unicorn who was laughing "Aww what where is your precious protector?" the pegasus came down seeing no need to hide from Defiant who was down..helping to hit Melio

Dynamo narrowed his eyes as he noticed Defiant and Melio going against a Pegasus from team Tsunami. "That really hardly seems fair. That Melio doesn't look like much of a fighter if you ask me. That, and how is Defiant able to fly?" He noted as he saw the scared look on Melio's face and Defiant's only wing on his back. As he saw another unicorn from team Tsunami take the stage, he soon saw that the match would be two against two. The battle seemed to be even, while both sides tried to find the edge in the fight. He saw Tsunami double teamed against Melio, which prompted Defiant to take a hit. He winced slightly as he saw Defiant end the match in such a fashion, but he knew the type of fight they might have. "So, it seems we might have a tag team fight. I don't get Melio's story. I feel sorry for him, but he might be tricking others with his fearful appearance." 

14 minutes ago, Literally Snails said:

@Unicorncob @Dynamo Pad @Snow Frostflame @dragon4111 @reader8363

Tricis walked through the crowd and sat next to Jade and Dynamo Pad. Her expression was even more stern and focussed than usual for her. 

Topaz did a little twirl on the ring, being sure to avoid stepping on any of the splattered blood on the ring. "Double devastation! I don't know if you guys saw all that. It happened so fast. But it looked like defiant, the Pegasus with the solo wing just stopped that fight and made a team Tsunami shishkebab! This round is over!" 

As the crowd broke into a frenzi of opposing cheers and boos, Topaz made her way to Arid and held a Mic to him. "Tell me, mister Blitz, you're the captain and owner of the third team to advance to the semi finals. What do you have to say to the folks at home?"

As someone had sat next to him and Jade, Dynamo turned to see Tricis had joined them in the crowd. He took a notice of her expression being both stern, yet focused on the fight. "Hey there, Coach. I just told Jade that I figured something out about Team Crimos. I'm hoping we can share the info with the others when we get back to the hotel room later." He says, taking his eyes off of the ring to address the coach. He soon turned his attention back to the ring, as he knew that Rokata was next up to fight. 

• Brohoof 2

51 minutes ago, Literally Snails said:

Shining Armor looked away from the ring and back to Copper. "Like I said, Tricis will introduce you to them once these fights are over. Team Rokata is about to fight. They have a lot on their minds."

Copper gave a nod to Shining and turned his attention back to the fight.  "Alright.  Fair enough.  it's better to make sure they don't tire out while thinking than to do so when I get there.  Hopefully they'll be ready for their respective fights, as I will be."

• Brohoof 1

As the rest of the team seemed to be on their way out Arid stopped after the microphone was put into his face. His assistant seemed a bit displeased with that before Arid gave her a look telling her it was ok "Well to the folks at home and the arena keep watching...we are just getting started." he smirked before looking up to the stands "To the other teams, hopefully you are better then what we have faced here today. Especially team...what was it Rokata? Trust me none of the other teams have impressed me thus far and hope our next match lasts longer." bowing his head to Topaz he turned around "I'll be taking my leave."

Canteen was on the other side of the ring, the unicorn that cheated in the match with his twin...he was now on the ground as Canteen had used one of the horns on his head as a make shift shank stabbing them in the neck "YOU CHEATER AND YOU HURT MELIO YOU LITTLE SHIT!" he stabbed him a few more times before ripping the horn from his head. Leaving the body he ran back over to his team hugging Melio "My little brother you did so well. I'm sorry you got hurt...come on let's go get food." he said as they left the arena with the rest of the team

• Brohoof 1

11 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Jade turned and noticed Tricis take a seat next to her. She looked to the arena again. "Has something happened?" she asked, since she hadn't expected her coach to join them.

11 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

Dynamo couldn't help in chuckling at the things their team had faced off against already. "Unfortunately, at least the tournament is being consistent. We were lucky to get a break for a day off, but I guess it never gets any easier." The blue unicorn hummed at Jade, who had mentioned something about dark magic. Something wasn't right about Team Crimos. That, he knew for sure. He thought back to Crimos's first fight in the tournament. After a moment, his eyes widened as he had suddenly thought of something. "Hey, Jade. I think I figured something about about the team we might fight. Do you want to know, or should we wait until we have our team meeting?"

He noticed Jade, who had flexed her wings and gave him reassurance. He smiled softly and nodded in understanding. Sure, he was afraid to fight these next few teams. However, he knew that his team and friends would always be with him. He shouldn't have to go and give up now. "Yeah, you're right. We'll give it our all and we will win." He says, turning to see the next fight in the tournament.

She looked to Dynamo upon hearing he had a revelation. She nodded. "Keep it in mind until the meeting. If it involves those teams then it's something we'll all need to hear."

16 hours ago, Unicorncob said:

Jade turned and noticed Tricis take a seat next to her. She looked to the arena again. "Has something happened?" she asked, since she hadn't expected her coach to join them.

@Dynamo Pad

"Nothing at all," Tricis said, never looking directly at Jade. She listened to what Pad said about learning something from team Crimos' fight and shook her head. "Share it with the others then. Jade and I won't need to know about them."

@reader8363 @Arid_Blitz @Snow Frostflame @dragon4111 @DwhitetheGamer

Spoiler

There was a short intermission after Crimos's victory for the fighters to leave the ring and the next two teams to get ready. The arena was nearly silent for that time. There was a rumor whispered among the crowd that Rokata would actually show up to this fight. It felt like there was a sense of anxiety and apprehension in the crowd.

"Alright fans, you've waited a long time for this!" Topaz announced after about fifteen minutes of silence. "But it's finally time for the final fight of the second round, and this is one you won't want to miss! I'm sure you all know what's about to go down, so let's get it started!" She dramatically gestured to the right side of the stadium. "In this corner, we have the surprising up-and-comers, a team of martial arts champions decorated by Celestia herself, it's the Spirit Warriors!"

The right doors opened, revealing an all-pony team of fighters in similar light blue uniforms. A white earth pony with red hair stood in the center and seemed to be their leader. She had a red belt around her uniform, the other members each had a different color belt matching the color of their mane and tail. The five approached the ring.

"For those of you in the betting mood, putting a wager on the Spirit Warriors has a huge payoff right now. The odds against the Warriors is 4 to 1, that's the second lowest we've seen just after Team Lotus' last fight! Will we get another upset like in that battle? It seems unlikely, because you all know what they're about to go up against!"

• Brohoof 1

16 hours ago, Unicorncob said:

She looked to Dynamo upon hearing he had a revelation. She nodded. "Keep it in mind until the meeting. If it involves those teams then it's something we'll all need to hear."

Dynamo nodded at what Jade thought of his realization. "Sounds good and I can see why we'll need to discuss it later. We'll be seeing Rokata's team fight next, so there'll be no point in discussing when we have to watch them fight. Not only that, but I don't trust anyone around us." He says, looking at the audience around them. "Knowing them, they will try to give this information to team Crimos. You never know when there might be a spy among the crowd."

1 hour ago, Literally Snails said:

@Dynamo Pad

"Nothing at all," Tricis said, never looking directly at Jade. She listened to what Pad said about learning something from team Crimos' fight and shook her head. "Share it with the others then. Jade and I won't need to know about them."

@reader8363 @Arid_Blitz @Snow Frostflame @dragon4111 @DwhitetheGamer

Reveal hidden contents

There was a short intermission after Crimos's victory for the fighters to leave the ring and the next two teams to get ready. The arena was nearly silent for that time. There was a rumor whispered among the crowd that Rokata would actually show up to this fight. It felt like there was a sense of anxiety and apprehension in the crowd.

"Alright fans, you've waited a long time for this!" Topaz announced after about fifteen minutes of silence. "But it's finally time for the final fight of the second round, and this is one you won't want to miss! I'm sure you all know what's about to go down, so let's get it started!" She dramatically gestured to the right side of the stadium. "In this corner, we have the surprising up-and-comers, a team of martial arts champions decorated by Celestia herself, it's the Spirit Warriors!"

The right doors opened, revealing an all-pony team of fighters in similar light blue uniforms. A white earth pony with red hair stood in the center and seemed to be their leader. She had a red belt around her uniform, the other members each had a different color belt matching the color of their mane and tail. The five approached the ring.

"For those of you in the betting mood, putting a wager on the Spirit Warriors has a huge payoff right now. The odds against the Warriors is 4 to 1, that's the second lowest we've seen just after Team Lotus' last fight! Will we get another upset like in that battle? It seems unlikely, because you all know what they're about to go up against!"

The blue unicorn raised an eyebrow at what Tricis had just told him. "Is there any reason why you and Jade won't need to know about the info, Coach? I feel that this information is important to share with the entire team. This way, we'll all be able to come up with a strategy together." He didn't wait for a reply as Topaz had announced the last match for round 2 was going to begin. As the other teams were making their leave, he noticed Canteen, who had attacked one of the unicorns that swapped during the fight. He winced as he saw the moment unfold, but he saw Canteen hugged Melio tightly. "They won the match, so I don't understand why he went that far. I wonder what the relation he has with Melio." He says, before he remembered Canteen's earlier shouting. "Wait, he said that Melio was his brother. Even if that's the case, then why would he let Melio compete?" He muttered, trying to think of a reason, but shook his head as nothing came to mind. 

As the Spirit Warrior team entered the ring, Dynamo raised an eyebrow in surprise at Topaz's comment. "So, Princess Celestia is somewhat involved in the tournament? I'm actually kind of surprised. I didn't think the Princess would like this kind of fighting tournament." 

• Brohoof 2

3 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Jade turned to look at Tricis, eyebrow raised quizzically. "What do you mean? We should be the first to know."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
On 2/1/2019 at 5:06 PM, Dynamo Pad said:

As the Spirit Warrior team entered the ring, Dynamo raised an eyebrow in surprise at Topaz's comment. "So, Princess Celestia is somewhat involved in the tournament? I'm actually kind of surprised. I didn't think the Princess would like this kind of fighting tournament." 

"Try listening the next time someone speaks. It can be rewarding," Tricis replied. She was clearly on edge and had no time to curb her snark. "They were decorated by Celestia in her service. I've heard of these fighters. The spirit Warriors used to work with the princesses as dragon slayers. They have a remarkable ability to channel magical energy through their entire bodies as if they were one big horn. However, the fact that they're showing up here means they've sacrificed their principals since those days."

On 2/1/2019 at 7:22 PM, Unicorncob said:

Jade turned to look at Tricis, eyebrow raised quizzically. "What do you mean? We should be the first to know."

"No Jade. You and I will not participate in the semi finals." Tricis explained. Still, she never looked away from the stage. "This is why."

@reader8363 @Snow Frostflame @dragon4111 @DwhitetheGamer

Spoiler

Topaz made a sweeping gesture to the other side of the arena, "And in this corner, we have the team that needs no introduction..."

"Guys I don't feel so good," A pegasus stallion on the Spirit warriors with a purple belt whispered to the captain in a panicked voice. He was breaking into a sweat. Indeed, everyone in the arena who was in tune to the supernatural was starting to feel a sense of uneasiness. For the members of Team Lotus, it felt just like the first time they were in the Arena with Team Rokata, a bone chilling sense of uneasiness causing their heartrate to rise. "Somethings not right. Something's coming that shouldn't exist."

"What the hell are you talking about? Calm down!" The captain said to her teammate.

"...the resident badasses of the tournament..." Topaz continued.

"I'm telling you, captain, it's not supposed to be here!" The purple belted fighter explained in an exasperated tone.

The doors on the opposite side of the arena slowly opened as the crowd broke into a frenzied cheer. All five members of team Rokata were on the other side. Rokata himself stood in front of the others. The massive pegasus was the only member of the team who wasn't dwarfed by the Minotaur Onyx, who stood in the back.

"Team Rokata!"

"RO-KA-TA! RO-KA-TA!" The crowd chanted.

The five members of team Rokata approached the ring casually.

Edited by Literally Snails
  • Brohoof 2

8 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

"No Jade. You and I will not participate in the semi finals." Tricis explained. Still, she never looked away from the stage. "This is why."

Jade narrowed her eyes and turned back to look at the arena.

Topaz made a sweeping gesture to the other side of the arena, "And in this corner, we have the team that needs no introduction..."

"Guys I don't feel so good," A pegasus stallion on the Spirit warriors with a purple belt whispered to the captain in a panicked voice. He was breaking into a sweat. Indeed, everyone in the arena who was in tune to the supernatural was starting to feel a sense of uneasiness. For the members of Team Lotus, it felt just like the first time they were in the Arena with Team Rokata, a bone chilling sense of uneasiness causing their heartrate to rise. "Somethings not right. Something's coming that shouldn't exist."

"What the hell are you talking about? Calm down!" The captain said to her teammate.

"I'm telling you, captain, it's not supposed to be here!" The purple belted fighter explained in an exasperated tone.

The doors on the opposite side of the arena slowly opened as the crowd broke into a frenzied cheer. All five members of team Rokata were on the other side. Rokata himself stood in front of the others. The massive pegasus was the only member of the team who wasn't dwarfed by the Minotaur Onyx, who stood in the back.

"Team Rokata!"

She shuddered and took a shaky breath as a feeling of sheer foreboding dread washed over her again. Just like on the first day of the tournament.

Just like when she first saw Team Rokata fight.

She looked back to Tricis, understanding in her eyes. "We're going to dig up their secrets."

• Brohoof 1

"Try listening the next time someone speaks. It can be rewarding," Tricis replied. She was clearly on edge and had no time to curb her snark. "They were decorated by Celestia in her service. I've heard of these fighters. The spirit Warriors used to work with the princesses as dragon slayers. They have a remarkable ability to channel magical energy through their entire bodies as if they were one big horn. However, the fact that they're showing up here means they've sacrificed their principals since those days."

Dynamo tilted his head in confusion at what Tricis had said, but soon nodded in understanding. "Oh, no. I did listen, but I didn't know what Topaz meant by the team was decorated by Celestia. You helped explain it more in detail. Thank you for clearing that up coach and I'm sorry if I misinterpreted anything." He says, looking back towards the ring. "They sound pretty impressive if they were known to be dragon slayers. It reminds me of a manga I once read." 

"Team Rokata!"

As the other door on the opposite side of the arena opened, Dynamo could feel a sense of uneasiness. It was the same feeling on the first day he had seen Team Rokata. It was even the same feeling as he had when he had ran into Selene. "That foreboding sense of dread. One would honestly think we'd be used to it by now. I guess it shows how powerful they can truly be." He shuddered, but tried to keep himself together for the fight.

26 minutes ago, Unicorncob said:

She shuddered and took a shaky breath as a feeling of sheer foreboding dread washed over her again. Just like on the first day of the tournament.

Just like when she first saw Team Rokata fight.

She looked back to Tricis, understanding in her eyes. "We're going to dig up their secrets."

Dynamo's ears perked as he heard what Jade had said to Tricis. He turned and nodded to the two of them. "Don't forget about me. I know we'll figure out their secrets and abilities, in order for us to take them on." He says, turning his attention back towards the ring as the match was about to start. 

• Brohoof 2

@Literally Snails

The only one of Team Lotus who didn't feel any sort of uneasiness was Copper, who was still with Shining Armor.  Then again he never faced Team Rotaka, so that was something.  The mercenary, when he was doing his job, was the most emotionless pony anyone would ever see, which is fitting because when he does his job, he's in some pretty intense focus, to the point where he cuts out any sort of talk directed at him.

He looked at Shining before speaking.  "Seems like Team Rotaka is a really tough team.  They must also be favorites to win the tournament because of their fan club."

• Brohoof 1