Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Everfree Dark Tournament RP

Literally Snails

(edited)
1 minute ago, dragon4111 said:

@Literally Snails

"If I was you I would have finished her training," Draco stated simply as he smoked. "In my guild we finished our training for combat thoroughly. And in the flames of combat our potential shines. But if they fail they go through our brutal training all over again,"

"Again, you aren't listening. I said she wasn't capable of finishing it when this tournament began. I'm not choosing the schedule." Tricis said. "And Im happy that you say you finished your training. Im sure youre very proud of that. but you still need to prepare for the finals as well. Like all of you.

Edited by Literally Snails
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Literally Snails said:

"Again, you aren't listening. I said she wasn't capable of finishing it when this tournament began. I'm not choosing the schedule." Tricis said. "And Im happy that you say you finished your training. Im sure youre very proud of that. but you still need to prepare for the finals as well. Like all of you.

@DwhitetheGamer @Unicorncob @reader8363 @dragon4111 @Snow Frostflame @Arid_Blitz

Dynamo's smile faded as Tricis had told them that they had to be prepared. The smile soon turned into a frown as he sighed, before nodding in understanding. "You're right and I'm sorry, coach." He says, rolling his eyes at the back and forth argument that Draco had with Tricis. He stood up and took a deep breath. "Just look. I'm not the captain here and I know we'll be out of a captain for the next round, but listen. I get that your training must have been intense. However, you weren't there when we had to witness Rokata's strength." He said, his hooves shivering from the earlier display of power. "If you could have sensed his energy, then you would know that none of us stand a chance right now. His energy went from the ring to the entire stadium in a matter of seconds. It was like he wasn't even trying at this point." He took a deep breath to try and calm down, before continuing. "I can even guess that his energy would have reached the hotel room we'd be staying at. Perhaps even Ponyville if he wanted to."

His eyes darkened in worry as he spoke his next truth. "I can guarantee that if I used Mind Racer, then it wouldn't even been enough. Whether that spell is complete or not." He says, looking towards everyone in the room. "Look. I'm not trying to start a problem. I'm not here to cause any trouble or start arguments, but I would honestly and seriously take what Tricis is saying to heart. I'm trying to be a realist right here. She knows Rokata better than any of us here. Sure, the others on Team Rokata are powerful in their own right. However, that won't matter if Rokata, himself, will be able to win with a snap of his hoof. We were lucky so far, but luck can't last forever. I want to make it through this along with everyone here." He says, turning to Tricis and bowing his head. "Please forgive me, coach. It's just...I want to be ready. I just need to know what I and the rest of us need to do. I have a feeling that balancing on the spike won't be enough right now. Especially, since we'll be dealing with Team Crimos next." He says, remembering why they were all here. "Speaking of which. While Jade and I were watching Team Crimos fight. I think I was able to figure out what that team is all about. I can guess that everyone else here might know, but I hope I can give my piece on the situation at hoof." 

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 2

On 2/7/2019 at 2:33 PM, DwhitetheGamer said:

This actually surprised Copper to some extent, and it showed with his expression.  He was replacing the leader?  What happened to Jade that caused this to occur?  He half expected to replace someone else on the team, but this was a complete first.

He mentally shrugged, though.  He'll ask later, but for now he said to Jade, "Don't worry.  I'll try my best."

Now he turned to Tricis and continued.  "Assuming you already paid for my stay for just the semi-final match, you'll need to pay me half of what ponies owe me for a mission.  25 bits."  He had already told Tricis that the payments were for his family rather than himself.

Jade kept quiet, but gave Copper a single nod.

7 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Rose, Draco, and Pad arrived at Shining Armors private observation room with Jade, Tricis, and Copper. Frostflame was still nowhere to be seen.

Tricis watched Copper and Draco interract before Shining Armor cut in. 

"We needed all of you here to get you on the same page," he said "Jade wont be able to make it to the semi finals because Tricis needs to complete her training. That means we have an alternate, and that also means we'll need to pick one of you to act as captain in her place."

She flicked her tail. She didn't like the idea of not leading her team personally, but she Shining Armour was technically her boss during this tournament, and she certainly trusted a member of the regentry.

7 hours ago, DwhitetheGamer said:

Well that answered the question for Copper.  Jade needed to train Tricis for the last fight should the team make it past Team Crimos.  He could probably fit as Captain, but he'd rather not do it because he just came here and wasn't trusted yet.

Now that he looked at the squad in question, he smirked.  "Nice bunch you got here, Captain," he said to Jade.  "I'm quite surprised."

Her wings ruffled and she raised her chin. "Thank you. I fight with the best."

1 hour ago, Literally Snails said:

Tricis turned her attention to her apprentice, "the fact of the matter is, it would have been better to finish Jades training earlier, but she wasn't strong enough when this tournament began. She might not even be strong enough now. In fact, it would be risky for us to attempt this tommorrow. In the end it is Jades decision." She narrowed her eyes at her. "Jade, if you think you can fight Rokata as you are now, I can send Copper back home and you can fight without it."

She looked at Tricis, then to herself. "If you believed I were ready to fight him as I am, we wouldn't be here."

She looked back at her teacher and employer, bowed her head to them. "I trust your decision."

• Brohoof 2

30 minutes ago, dragon4111 said:

@Literally Snails@Dynamo Pad

"Of our training is only put to good use through trials by fire," Draco stated simply as he leaned back into his chair. He began to chuckle then laugh. He looked at Dynamo and said "Do you fear death?" Draco asked Dynamo simply as he at a serene grin on his face.

@Unicorncob @DwhitetheGamer

Dynamo had no expression on his face as he saw Draco's grin. "If you want my honest opinion, then yes. I at least care about my life and those that matter to me. All this time, I had to fear so much from so many others." He spoke with an even monotone, before continuing. "I can understand why you have no fear. Whether that confidence hides that fear you will never admit, or you embrace the end at any point, then I honestly don't know. I lost someone, who was very important to me. He told me to laugh in times of despair. He made things so much brighter, so much easier from how he lived. Now he's gone and I truly know how hard life has been without him. I even remember Serene telling me that I have fears, but it's that acceptance of fear that I can understand what we're dealing with." He shook his head and dropped the subject, altogether. He knew right then and there, that talking to Draco was a waste of his breath. "It's like I said before. I'm not trying to start an argument. I'm not here to start trouble or to cause a problem with anyone here. I'm also not trying to get anyone on my back if I had said something out of line. If I did, then I really and truly apologize. I'm just taking what Tricis had said to heart. I want to be prepared for these potential future battles. I can say that everyone here feels the same in their own ways." He says, knowing that there were some individuals in here that cared about what he thought. So, he would start by helping them out.

"Hey Jade?" He asks, turning to face the captain. "Remember when I told you I think I figured out Team Crimos's abilities? So, shall I list off what I've figured out, so far?" He asks, knowing that they had to plan with all the info they were given. "Also, Shining. Do you have a reference guide to who is on Team Crimos? It'd be easier to pinpoint on who has what kind of ability, if that's okay."

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 2

@Dynamo Pad

"I don't what use is fearing death when it will come for you eventually," Draco stated as he looked at Dynamo. He chuckled and said "I die standing and defiant to the end and become a diamond," Draco stated as he parted his chest fur to reveal a necklace full of swaying diamonds. "A guiding light to my brothers and sisters in arms,"

2 hours ago, Unicorncob said:

She looked at Tricis, then to herself. "If you believed I were ready to fight him as I am, we wouldn't be here."

She looked back at her teacher and employer, bowed her head to them. "I trust your decision."

Tricis nodded sagely to Jade. She didn't mean to lead her to her decision, but this was important.

2 hours ago, dragon4111 said:

@Dynamo Pad

"I don't what use is fearing death when it will come for you eventually," Draco stated as he looked at Dynamo. He chuckled and said "I die standing and defiant to the end and become a diamond," Draco stated as he parted his chest fur to reveal a necklace full of swaying diamonds. "A guiding light to my brothers and sisters in arms,"

"So long as you don't let it control you, fear of death is a valuable asset," Tricis lectured. "It pushes you to reach new heights. Tells you when to run and when to fight. A clever warrior with a healthy dose of fear is more likely to stay alive."

2 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

@Unicorncob @DwhitetheGamer

"Hey Jade?" He asks, turning to face the captain. "Remember when I told you I think I figured out Team Crimos's abilities? So, shall I list off what I've figured out, so far?" He asks, knowing that they had to plan with all the info they were given. "Also, Shining. Do you have a reference guide to who is on Team Crimos? It'd be easier to pinpoint on who has what kind of ability, if that's okay."

"I know that Crimps is a vile place, and there is a reason the princesses have no dealings with it."Shining armor answered, "but to be honest, I have not had the time to research their team. Perhaps you could enlighten us."

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

"I know that Crimps is a vile place, and there is a reason the princesses have no dealings with it."Shining armor answered, "but to be honest, I have not had the time to research their team. Perhaps you could enlighten us."

@Unicorncob @DwhitetheGamer @reader8363 @dragon4111 @Snow Frostflame @Arid_Blitz

Dynamo frowned slightly at the news, but he couldn't blame Shining Armor. Being told that the Princesses had no dealings with Crimps was completely understandable. "Yes, sir. I'll give you all the info I was able to figure out." He says, moving over to the center of the area, before taking a seat on the nearby bed. "Okay. From what I was able to gather, each member of Team Crimos seem to be your standard pony and/or creature of Equestria. However, I believe they are dealing with some kind demonic yokai of sorts." He allowed everyone to process the information, before continuing. "I believe that they have their own weapons, tools, accessories. You name it. Whatever the case, I believe that they are given the devices that suits them, in order to bring out their full potential. I wasn't sure what to think, at first. However, after watching today's matches, I believe I've confirmed what they are capable of." He says, placing a hoof under his chin, while trying to stay on the right track.

"Let's look at Canteen. He's crazy, but he doesn't seem like he's too crazy. He does have a caring side when it involved his brother, Melio. The weapon he brings with him is an inhaler. I can't confirm if he has asthma or not when he needs to use said inhaler. However, when he uses the item, he's able to see other fighters move slowly. Allowing him to flow right past them, deliver some devastating hits and allow himself to torture them. Secondly, we can talk about Virity, the griffon on their team. Throughout the entire fight, she was able to use her tail to create runes on the arena floor. I don't know if her tail is different, or if she has an item connected to her tail to do this. However, she makes runes that allows her to conjure up any spell or power she may want. She was able to reduce that pony to ash like it was nothing. Topaz was in the stadium ring, but she wasn't effected by the runes. I guess Virity is able to willingly control the runes effects, or something along those lines. Lastly, we can look at their team manager, Arid. That necklace of his allowed him to take the soul of the fighters, who are eliminated. I could guess that maybe he uses the souls to create other weapons for the team. That, or he can extend his life, or even build up a sort of resistance for himself." He says, sighing as he finished his analysis of the team.

"That was what I was able to gather from watching Team Crimos fight. I can't say anything about Defiant or Melio. They did fight together, but I can tell that Defiant can fly quickly. Although, it's pretty strange how he can do that with only one wing. There has to be more to Defiant that we might not know. Melio...is an interesting case. He looks and acts too kindly and doesn't seem like he wants to fight. Whether that kindness is an act or not is unknown. However, he doesn't truly seem like such a bad individual." He says, taking his hoof away from his chin and looking around to the others. "So, what do you think we should do concerning the members of Team Crimos?" 

• Brohoof 1

11 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

Jade opened her mouth to answer--

8 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

She closed it and frowned irritably, before standing back.

1 hour ago, Dynamo Pad said:

Dynamo frowned slightly at the news, but he couldn't blame Shining Armor. Being told that the Princesses had no dealings with Crimps was completely understandable. "Yes, sir. I'll give you all the info I was able to figure out." He says, moving over to the center of the area, before taking a seat on the nearby bed. "Okay. From what I was able to gather, each member of Team Crimos seem to be your standard pony and/or creature of Equestria. However, I believe they are dealing with some kind demonic yokai of sorts." He allowed everyone to process the information, before continuing. "I believe that they have their own weapons, tools, accessories. You name it. Whatever the case, I believe that they are given the devices that suits them, in order to bring out their full potential. I wasn't sure what to think, at first. However, after watching today's matches, I believe I've confirmed what they are capable of." He says, placing a hoof under his chin, while trying to stay on the right track.

"Let's look at Canteen. He's crazy, but he doesn't seem like he's too crazy. He does have a caring side when it involved his brother, Melio. The weapon he brings with him is an inhaler. I can't confirm if he has asthma or not when he needs to use said inhaler. However, when he uses the item, he's able to see other fighters move slowly. Allowing him to flow right past them, deliver some devastating hits and allow himself to torture them. Secondly, we can talk about Virity, the griffon on their team. Throughout the entire fight, she was able to use her tail to create runes on the arena floor. I don't know if her tail is different, or if she has an item connected to her tail to do this. However, she makes runes that allows her to conjure up any spell or power she may want. She was able to reduce that pony to ash like it was nothing. Topaz was in the stadium ring, but she wasn't effected by the runes. I guess Virity is able to willingly control the runes effects, or something along those lines. Lastly, we can look at their team manager, Arid. That necklace of his allowed him to take the soul of the fighters, who are eliminated. I could guess that maybe he uses the souls to create other weapons for the team. That, or he can extend his life, or even build up a sort of resistance for himself." He says, sighing as he finished his analysis of the team.

"That was what I was able to gather from watching Team Crimos fight. I can't say anything about Defiant or Melio. They did fight together, but I can tell that Defiant can fly quickly. Although, it's pretty strange how he can do that with only one wing. There has to be more to Defiant that we might not know. Melio...is an interesting case. He looks and acts too kindly and doesn't seem like he wants to fight. Whether that kindness is an act or not is unknown. However, he doesn't truly seem like such a bad individual." He says, taking his hoof away from his chin and looking around to the others. "So, what do you think we should do concerning the members of Team Crimos?" 

She nodded slowly, listening intently to Dynamo's information. An inhaler that can slow time for the user, and runes that can cast instant death spells. Not to mention that necklace.

"They seem to rely heavily on those tools of theirs," she deduced. "If we can somehow remove them..."

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, Unicorncob said:

"They seem to rely heavily on those tools of theirs," she deduced. "If we can somehow remove them..."

Dynamo listened to Jade as she deduced the situation of Team Crimos. As she came to a conclusion on their next team fight, he nodded as he was thinking the same idea. "Exactly. You take away the items, then they would only be regular ponies and creatures." He took a deep breath, sighing as he shook his head, while deep in thought. "Is what I would like to say. However, it honestly depends on who is going against who. Even without the tools, that team seems strong physically and mentally."

As he spoke, Dynamo couldn't help, but to feel a sense of dread when it came to Canteen. "What concerns me is in regards to their leader. I don't know what he's breathing when taking the inhaler, but it must be affecting his body and mind. That's why I said I don't know if he has asthma, or he's just using the inhaler to gain his power. When it comes to an outward appearance, he may seem strange and crazy. For an inward appearance?" He shuddered slightly as even thinking about Canteen had spooked him. "I honestly don't want to know. Not only that, but you never what this team might be plotting. If they lose their tool, then they might have a backup, just in case. I have a feeling that their team owner, Arid, is more prepared for any situation that befalls them."

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 2

Copper was listening with intent on what Dynamo assessed from watching Team Crimos fight in their match, putting himself in deep thought.  The team appeared quite interesting from what his childhood friend was describing.  Canteen?  That one intrigued him the most.  He wanted to take that one on above the others, but he wasn't sure if he was able to.

1 hour ago, Unicorncob said:

She nodded slowly, listening intently to Dynamo's information. An inhaler that can slow time for the user, and runes that can cast instant death spells. Not to mention that necklace.

"I need to say something," Copper said to Jade.  "I've had a few years of experience being a mercenary, and what it's taught me at one point was that you can use the items your enemies use against them.  Not to say it'll 100% work because said items are only effective when a certain pony uses it, but I think if you plan everything accordingly, you might be able to have their items completely backfire on them.  The Inhaler, for example.  If somehow a pony manages to reverse the inhaler's effects, they will be the ones who have the advantage."

@Dynamo Pad @Literally Snails

He looked among the entire group now.  "I'm assuming that we can choose which fighter in the next match to take on, and in that case, I want to fight Arid.  I have a lot of tricks myself to have my own advantage."

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, DwhitetheGamer said:

"I need to say something," Copper said to Jade.  "I've had a few years of experience being a mercenary, and what it's taught me at one point was that you can use the items your enemies use against them.  Not to say it'll 100% work because said items are only effective when a certain pony uses it, but I think if you plan everything accordingly, you might be able to have their items completely backfire on them.  The Inhaler, for example.  If somehow a pony manages to reverse the inhaler's effects, they will be the ones who have the advantage."

"In order to do that, you'd have to know what the inhaler is and how it works," Tricis advised. "Now you're just spinning fantasies."

He looked among the entire group now.  "I'm assuming that we can choose which fighter in the next match to take on, and in that case, I want to fight Arid.  I have a lot of tricks myself to have my own advantage."

@Unicorncob 

"That's usually something the captain decides, who fights who." Shining Armor explained. He looked to Jade and asked, "So among the four teammates who bothered to show up to this meeting, who do you want to take over in your absence?"

• Brohoof 1

19 minutes ago, Literally Snails said:

"In order to do that, you'd have to know what the inhaler is and how it works," Tricis advised. "Now you're just spinning fantasies."

Copper couldn't help but frown at the statement by Tricis, but then shrugged.  "Not gonna argue.  It is true that I need to know what it is and how it works.  But it could work, so keep that in mind."

He then looked at Shining and then the rest of the group.  "I'll need some tape to watch how Team Crimos fights, so that I can figure out a strategy for whoever I face."

23 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

Dynamo listened to Jade as she deduced the situation of Team Crimos. As she came to a conclusion on their next team fight, he nodded as he was thinking the same idea. "Exactly. You take away the items, then they would only be regular ponies and creatures." He took a deep breath, sighing as he shook his head, while deep in thought. "Is what I would like to say. However, it honestly depends on who is going against who. Even without the tools, that team seems strong physically and mentally."

As he spoke, Dynamo couldn't help, but to feel a sense of dread when it came to Canteen. "What concerns me is in regards to their leader. I don't know what he's breathing when taking the inhaler, but it must be affecting his body and mind. That's why I said I don't know if he has asthma, or he's just using the inhaler to gain his power. When it comes to an outward appearance, he may seem strange and crazy. For an inward appearance?" He shuddered slightly as even thinking about Canteen had spooked him. "I honestly don't want to know. Not only that, but you never what this team might be plotting. If they lose their tool, then they might have a backup, just in case. I have a feeling that their team owner, Arid, is more prepared for any situation that befalls them."

"Until we can find some way to figure out what that inhaler does," Jade said in agreement, "we will need to somehow get rid of it."

She nodded. "But if we take away their toys, we have a fairer chance of winning."

22 hours ago, DwhitetheGamer said:

19 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

"That's usually something the captain decides, who fights who." Shining Armor explained. He looked to Jade and asked, "So among the four teammates who bothered to show up to this meeting, who do you want to take over in your absence?"

She looked at Tricis, appreciation in her eyes for speaking up.

She looked amongst her teammates, wondering who she wanted to take over. She had no doubt Copper was a good fighter, but he only just arrived and she had no idea who he was. Rose was strong and dependable, but Jade wanted her to focus on her recovery. Draco was far too much of a wildcard.

She looked to Dynamo. He was loyal and had a keen mind for strategy. She looked him in the eyes. "Do you think you can lead the team in my place in our next match?"

@Dynamo Pad

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, Unicorncob said:

She looked to Dynamo. He was loyal and had a keen mind for strategy. She looked him in the eyes. "Do you think you can lead the team in my place in our next match?"

@Dynamo Pad

Copper looked at Jade for a few moments, observing the real captain of the team.  He never saw her in the fights, but he assumed she was a tough nut and a strategist.  He wasn't that much of a strategist himself, but he does take notes.

Now he looked at Dynamo for his answer to Jade's question.  "I hope he does," he said.  "I can personally vouch for him being the temporary captain."

• Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, Unicorncob said:

"Until we can find some way to figure out what that inhaler does," Jade said in agreement, "we will need to somehow get rid of it."

She nodded. "But if we take away their toys, we have a fairer chance of winning."

Dynamo nodded as Jade had given her thought on the inhaler. "The only thing that we can go off from is that his opponents move slower. Meaning his attacks and evasion tactics are much more keen. However, it's like what you and Tricis had said. That idea I gave is both inconclusive and a theory. We don't even know if it's plain air from said inhaler, or something else." He says, closing his eyes and sighing as he didn't know what to make of this. 

10 hours ago, Unicorncob said:

She looked amongst her teammates, wondering who she wanted to take over. She had no doubt Copper was a good fighter, but he only just arrived and she had no idea who he was. Rose was strong and dependable, but Jade wanted her to focus on her recovery. Draco was far too much of a wildcard.

As Jade had asked him to lead as the Captain, Dynamo's eyes widened in surprise. A bead of sweat had trickled down the side of his face at the idea of being a leader. "M-Me? I-I don't know. I feel like there's someone else here, who's more fitting as a leader." He muttered, looking down at the ground with a sigh. "I want to say yes, but I guess I'm worried. I'm worried that I might make a mistake that would either cost us, or hurt us in the long run." He says, his heart pounding a mile a minute with worry.

Now he looked at Dynamo for his answer to Jade's question.  "I hope he does," he said.  "I can personally vouch for him being the temporary captain."

Dynamo jumped slightly as he remembered that Copper was with them. He looked behind him, raising his eyebrows in surprise at what Copper had said. He honestly shouldn't have been surprised to hear Copper say that to him. He recalled how they used to spar and come up with ideas on new techniques. "You were always the one to help me to be confident in myself. Even now, you reminded me of the good old days." He smiled in appreciation to his old friend's statement. He took a deep breath, before looking back at Jade with a look of determination. "If you truly believe that I can lead the team, then I'll do it. I'll make sure that all of us will be going to the finals." He says, looking to everyone in the room, before a thought came to mind. "I guess the only thing is who will be fighting who. Maybe they'll have a way of choosing, or something along those lines." He soon turned his attention to Tricis as he wondered what would happen now. "Since you will be training Jade. What kind of training should the rest of us be doing, Coach?"

• Brohoof 3

1 hour ago, Dynamo Pad said:

He soon turned his attention to Tricis as he wondered what would happen now. "Since you will be training Jade. What kind of training should the rest of us be doing, Coach?"

@reader8363 @dragon4111 @DwhitetheGamer

"I haven't worked with any of you as much as Jade. You'll have to exercise your skills on your own. Find a way to push yourself. Remember you can only improve by pushing yourself to the brink." Tricis explained. "That's all I can offer."

On 2/9/2019 at 12:25 PM, DwhitetheGamer said:

He then looked at Shining and then the rest of the group.  "I'll need some tape to watch how Team Crimos fights, so that I can figure out a strategy for whoever I face."

"I cant show you much more than you've already seen. There was their first fight against Team Cleave. I can send you the tape." Shining Armor said, standing up from his chair. He looked at everyone else. "Aside from that, I think we've discussed everything we needed to."

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Literally Snails said:

"I haven't worked with any of you as much as Jade. You'll have to exercise your skills on your own. Find a way to push yourself. Remember you can only improve by pushing yourself to the brink." Tricis explained. "That's all I can offer."

Dynamo nodded in understanding as she was more Jade's teacher, rather than anyone else's teacher. "Okay and fair enough. I guess we'll take this time to train, form a plan and rest. Depending on who you are, since we'll all need to be prepared." He says, looking to the rest of the team that would be participating. "If you see Frostflame, then be sure to let him know what's going on." Before Tricis had ended the meeting, there was one other thing that Dynamo had to know. "Hey coach? There was one thing I've been wondering. I know you said we'll have to find a way to push ourselves, but I'm lost on my part. I want to master the Mind Racer spell, but I don't know where to go from what you all saw. Is there anything I can do to make the magic drain, or the effects not be problematic?" He knew this might be the last bit of advice he would get. Seeing that Tricis and Jade would be away for training. So, he knew it was his best time to ask.

8 minutes ago, Literally Snails said:

"I cant show you much more than you've already seen. There was their first fight against Team Cleave. I can send you the tape." Shining Armor said, standing up from his chair. He looked at everyone else. "Aside from that, I think we've discussed everything we needed to."

Dynamo nodded as Shining would get them a tape of Team Crimos fighting Team Cleave. "That will be perfect. It will give Copper a chance to see what the other members of Team Crimos can do. That, and we can try and analyze the video for any clues."

• Brohoof 1

15 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

He took a deep breath, before looking back at Jade with a look of determination. "If you truly believe that I can lead the team, then I'll do it. I'll make sure that all of us will be going to the finals."

Jade nodded at her teammate, looking right in his eyes. "I didn't choose you on a whim. I believe you will do well."

13 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

She looked to Shining Armour and bowed her head. "Then I will take my leave. I'm sure Master Tricis would rather begin sooner than later."

• Brohoof 1

Rose got up off the wall and started to head out of the room. She needed to push her till death before tomorrow. She placed the cap back on and tossed it into the garbage can. She needs to be faster and more durable to take more blows

• Brohoof 1

16 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

"Hey coach? There was one thing I've been wondering. I know you said we'll have to find a way to push ourselves, but I'm lost on my part. I want to master the Mind Racer spell, but I don't know where to go from what you all saw. Is there anything I can do to make the magic drain, or the effects not be problematic?" He knew this might be the last bit of advice he would get. Seeing that Tricis and Jade would be away for training. So, he knew it was his best time to ask.

Tricis heard those words again. Hey coach? Was there nothing that boy could figure out for himself? At least he valued her advice. "Then keep casting it. Your command of time is greatly underdeveloped. It needs to be exercised."

2 hours ago, Unicorncob said:

She looked to Shining Armour and bowed her head. "Then I will take my leave. I'm sure Master Tricis would rather begin sooner than later."

Shining Armor nodded back. "There aren't too many hours left in the day, but all of you should use what time is left wisely. In the meantime, I will be seeing what I can dig up on Team Rokata from the Canterlot archives." He opened the door.

Tricis looked at Jade and stepped out of the room. The silent gesture was enough to know that she should follow. She lead Jade outside of the Arena.

Snow Frostflame was also outside, but not where Jade and Tricis went, standing on a rock with his blade drawn, trying to conjure up an ice spell. Mandatory meeting? Like I don't have more important ways to spend my time!

Edited by Literally Snails
  • Brohoof 1

16 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

"Hey coach? There was one thing I've been wondering. I know you said we'll have to find a way to push ourselves, but I'm lost on my part. I want to master the Mind Racer spell, but I don't know where to go from what you all saw. Is there anything I can do to make the magic drain, or the effects not be problematic?" He knew this might be the last bit of advice he would get. Seeing that Tricis and Jade would be away for training. So, he knew it was his best time to ask.

Mind Racer... that sounded somewhat familiar to Copper, but he never heard of it before.  It's almost as if it was... no, it couldn't.  It couldn't be what he was thinking of.  His own brother said something about a "Form of Self-Consciousness", or as he called it, "Ultra Instinct," but he knew it couldn't be this so-called Mind Racer.  Even then, Mind Racer was a spell?  It sounded like a spell that was extremely difficult to master.  Maybe he could help Dynamo with the spell.

@Literally Snails @reader8363 @Unicorncob 

Shrugging, he headed outside, picking a safe spot for himself, and sat on the ground.  From there, he closed his eyes and began to meditate, wrapping a bubble shield around himself to prevent attacks from all around, as well as isolating outside noise as he floated a little bit.  It seemed like a normal meditation session, but in reality he was mentally toughening up his entire body slowly and steadily.  This was a technique he learned two years ago, to be able to tank even the strongest hits and hit like a freight train by using the natural strength he has earned over the years.

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Unicorncob said:

Jade nodded at her teammate, looking right in his eyes. "I didn't choose you on a whim. I believe you will do well."

Dynamo stared in awe of what Jade had told him. He knew they considered each other friends, but he didn't think she believed in him this much. The look of awe was replaced by a serious look in his eyes. "I know that you're not the type of pony to lie. I'll do my best and I promise to not let you down, Jade."

2 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Tricis heard those words again. Hey coach? Was there nothing that boy could figure out for himself? At least he valued her advice. "Then keep casting it. Your command of time is greatly underdeveloped. It needs to be exercised."

Shining Armor nodded back. "There aren't too many hours left in the day, but all of you should use what time is left wisely. In the meantime, I will be seeing what I can dig up on Team Rokata from the Canterlot archives." He opened the door.

Dynamo frowned softly as he noticed the slight frustration in her tone. He knew he should figure this spell out himself. However, he thought it would have been good to ask his coach. She helped everyone in getting this far. That, as well as the spell she had used the day before. He thought there would be nopony greater than her on the subject. As she spoke, Dynamo furrowed his eyebrows at the advice. He knew it wouldn't be simple, but he knew he had to start somewhere. "I guess I'll try using the spell a little more today, but I won't go overboard. I know I'll need to be in top shape, in order to be ready for tomorrow. Thank you and I'm sorry if I had bothered you, Coach." He says, bowing to Tricis as she and Jade were leaving. As he stood up from his bow, Dynamo nodded at Shining Armor's suggestion. "Let us know if and when you find something. We'll all meet up here or in the hotel room. If Jade and Tricis aren't with us, then we'll make sure to let them know later."

Mind Racer... that sounded somewhat familiar to Copper, but he never heard of it before.  It's almost as if it was... no, it couldn't.  It couldn't be what he was thinking of.  His own brother said something about a "Form of Self-Consciousness", or as he called it, "Ultra Instinct," but he knew it couldn't be this so-called Mind Racer.  Even then, Mind Racer was a spell?  It sounded like a spell that was extremely difficult to master.  Maybe he could help Dynamo with the spell.

Shrugging, he headed outside, picking a safe spot for himself, and sat on the ground.  From there, he closed his eyes and began to meditate, wrapping a bubble shield around himself to prevent attacks from all around, as well as isolating outside noise as he floated a little bit.  It seemed like a normal meditation session, but in reality he was mentally toughening up his entire body slowly and steadily.  This was a technique he learned two years ago, to be able to tank even the strongest hits and hit like a freight train by using the natural strength he has earned over the years.

@Arid_Blitz

Dynamo had made his exit from the room, determined to figure out how to master this spell. He closed his eyes and he roamed the hallway. "Hmm...perhaps I can talk about this spell to Copper. Maybe he might know how this spell can work." He muttered, not realizing he bumped into someone, while rounding the corner. As he bumped into the creature, he fell backwards, while falling to the ground. He groaned as he didn't expect to run into anybody at random. "Okay, now that wasn't fun." He muttered, shaking his head to regain his composure. He opened his eyes and saw a young pony was across from him. Upon closer inspection, he gasped slightly as he bumped into Melio, one of the Team Crimos fighters. "Oh, I'm so sorry about that. I guess I wasn't watching where I was going. Are you okay?" He stood up, lending a hoof to the fallen pony. 

• Brohoof 2