Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Everfree Dark Tournament RP

Literally Snails

Jade watched Tatterhoof's spinning and twirling, head tilted quizzically. She wasn't sure what the point of it all was, but she waited anyway.

She watched the scoreboard materialise, and listened to these new rules of his.

So he wants us to show off, does he? Is this a trap, or-- what?!

Her thoughts were cut off by his dare. She tried to keep calm, but her mouth twitched and her wings fluttered with anger.

Cave pony?!

She took a deep breath and raised her chin. "I've been told that my style is rather eyecatching. Very well, we will give you this show you want so much."

(edited)
14 minutes ago, Unicorncob said:

She took a deep breath and raised her chin. "I've been told that my style is rather eyecatching. Very well, we will give you this show you want so much."

Tricis sighed and ducked her head. "Why didn't I teach her common sense too?" She muttered.

The ringleader beamed with excitement. He tapped his cane on the ground as he struts back off the ring. "I admire your spirit, lets hope you can back it up." He laughed.

Topaz announced, "Yes, I've just gotten word from the tournament committee! The special rules showboat has proposed are approved! This will be a contest of skill as well as strength!"

The members of Tatterhoof's team all smirked and chuckled silently. Jade had given them an advantage so easily.

After Jade was off the stage, it was time to send up the first fighters. 

"Now comes the hard part, who shall be the opening act?" The clown asked. 

The body builder stepped forward. "I don't see the challenge, I can take them all myse-" He stopped talking as the pony with the stitched mouth walked past him without saying a word. "Freakshow, you want to fight so soon? That's strange for you."

The hairless pony with the stitched mouth jumped onto the ring and waited for an opponent to step up.

Edited by Literally Snails

"Oh my a simple noble such as myself got an invite but, not the prince? How amusing." he took the glass of wine sipping from it "My name? Arid Blitz, from the Kingdom of Crimos. Now that is out of the way." he sipped more wine before sitting on a chair in the room looking out over the stadium "Watch? Oh yes the fights." he moved a hoof up resting his chin on it as he sat in his chair. The air around him seemed cold as he swished his wine around. A smile coming to his face as he let out a chuckle "The fact you couldnt pick your own team shows how little they think of you."

His eyes went from the stadium looking at Shining in the glass reflection, his smile never faded as he spoke "A thing you should know, betting is a big part of these games. Most people come with barely the shirt on their back and make millions. Or Millions turn to nothing." he began to sip the win more as his hair came down some covering his eyes "When all is said and done how will you feel Shining? Being a royal guard is one thing fighting for something you believe in...but how will you feel when you see lives you were given charge over to support and help...begin to die? Will you worry about their families and friends? Will you steel your heart and proclaim "I never knew them why should I feel guilty? I didnt tell them to come." and brush it off as it isnt your problem?" he sipped his wine looking down over the crowd cheering "Fun isnt it?"

• Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Tricis sighed and ducked her head. "Why didn't I teach her common sense too?" She muttered.

The ringleader beamed with excitement. He tapped his cane on the ground as he struts back off the ring. "I admire your spirit, lets hope you can back it up." He laughed.

Topaz announced, "Yes, I've just gotten word from the tournament committee! The special rules showboat has proposed are approved! This will be a contest of skill as well as strength!"

The members of Tatterhoof's team all smirked and chuckled silently. Jade had given them an advantage so easily.

After Jade was off the stage, it was time to send up the first fighters. 

"Now comes the hard part, who shall be the opening act?" The clown asked. 

The body builder stepped forward. "I don't see the challenge, I can take them all myse-" He stopped talking as the pony with the stitched mouth walked past him without saying a word. "Freakshow, you want to fight so soon? That's strange for you."

The hairless pony with the stitched mouth jumped onto the ring and waited for an opponent to step up.

Jade returned to her team, still fuming about her pride almost being bruised. "They want us to show off. It's silly, but we can't show weakness."

She turned, and fought the urge to shudder when she saw the stitched-up pony had stepped into the ring.

She looked to Draco. "Draco, you want to start off? You'll have the advantage in the air, and you can make room if he tries anything. Maybe we can get an idea of what they're all about by watching him."

• Brohoof 1

12 hours ago, Unicorncob said:

Jade looked to Dynamo and listened, somehow hearing him over the crowd. She nodded slowly. "I just wasn't expecting such... hostility."

Dynamo frowned, but he couldn't blame Jade for how she felt. "I understand what you mean. Truth is, I have to travel to places where ponies aren't well liked. It becomes...a little unnerving. However, there are certain individuals from the crowd, who cheer for the underdogs." He says, while giving her a soft, yet reassuring smile. "Just ignore the crowd and pretend they're not there. I always try to block out the noise and focus on what's in front of me. No matter what happens, you have your team here to back you up." 

@dragon4111 @Snow Frostflame @Arid_Blitz @reader8363

He watched as Jade made her way to the center of the ring to meet the other captain. The other captain seemed more about presenting a show, but Dynamo didn't have a good feeling about that guy. He noticed a digital board had appeared, which consisted of points based on skill and strength. The blue unicorn had a look of worry on his face, but he tried to mask his expression to the best of his abilities. 'So our fights have to win, but we have to add some style to our battles.' He thought as he placed a hoof under his chin. 'I hope my video games will be enough to help me in the style department. However, it all depends on how these guys fight. They don't seem to be your average, everyday fighters.' He was broken out of his thoughts as he saw that Jade had returned to the group. 

He looked to see that Jade was venting from the interaction from the other team, but he knew they would have their work cut out for them. "It does seem rather odd that they want us to show off. However, it can't be helped. We just have to keep an eye on them and play their game for now, Captain." He says, before seeing the stitched-up pony making his way onto the ring. He looked to Draco, who was asked if he wanted to take the first match. "I think that would be a good idea. If you can fly in the air, then he might not be able to catch you. It mostly depends on what this guy's abilities are. He doesn't seem like much of a talker, so you can't really make him laugh himself into submission. I would just say be careful and keep a close eye on this guy. Something just doesn't feel right about him." 

@Unicorncob @Literally Snails @Snow Frostflame @reader8363 

Draco looked at Jade as she suggested he fight the freakshow. "Is that an order or?" Draco asked but then he shrugged and said "I'll pass let the swordsman who has actual weapons fight," Draco stated as he pointed to Frostflame. "I'm pretty sure he has creativity with using his powers," draco stated with a grin on his face.

Edited by dragon4111

Jade's eyes narrowed at Draco. She was the captain and she shouldn't be talked to with such disrespect. But, perhaps he wasn't a good option to kick off.

She looked to Frostflame. Something told her that style was not a priority for him, but maybe the others could make up for that.

Besides, I'm our secret weapon after all, she thought, a bit smugly.

"Watch for any strange techniques," she warned the quiet Unicorn.

@Snow Frostflame

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Unicorncob

Tricis closed her eyes and sighed, standing behind Jade. "Jade, I have something of a philosophical question for you." She said, "What's five times two?"

@dragon4111 @Snow Frostflame @reader8363 @Dynamo Pad

Topaz called from the stage, standing next to freakshow. "Team Lotus," She called in a nagging tone. "You'll need to produce a fighter or I'll be forced to disqualify you and that wont make the very angry crowds here very happy at either of us!"

"Look, they can't even produce a fighter!" The rich stallion sitting next to Rail joked, "This is a sure bet if I ever saw one! Not that I have any real money on this fight, of course."

@Arid_Blitz

Shining Armor's expression changed during Arid's teasing. He eventually turned around to face him. "You may not be familiar with the concept, but I'm a leader with responsibilities! If you just came here to tease me I'm not going to let you distract me from this fight, so I'll ask again, do you have anything important to say?"

• Brohoof 1

@Unicorncob @dragon4111 @Dynamo Pad @reader8363

Frostflame didn't appreciate Draco's insubordinance, though could tell that he was challenging him so he steps up. "Cowardliness only buys you so much time, colt" He pushes Draco aside, and walks into the ring staring down this abomination of a pony from his side. He keeps his hat tilted down so that his eye is covered, and keeps his hoof on the hilt of his blade.

• Brohoof 2

11 minutes ago, Literally Snails said:

Tricis closed her eyes and sighed, standing behind Jade. "Jade, I have something of a philosophical question for you." She said, "What's five times two?"

Jade turned her head to look at Tricis over her shoulder. Her question caught her off guard.

"Um, ten," she muttered, "why?"

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Snow Frostflame said:

Frostflame didn't appreciate Draco's insubordinance, though could tell that he was challenging him so he steps up. "Cowardliness only buys you so much time, colt" He pushes Draco aside, and walks into the ring staring down this abomination of a pony from his side. He keeps his hat tilted down so that his eye is covered, and keeps his hoof on the hilt of his blade.

The stitched mouthed pony stared at Frostflame with wild eyes. The crowd around them was chanting, "Kill Frostflame! Kill Frostflame!" But for some reason, all that sound was drowned out in Frostflame's ears by the simple sound of Freakshow breathing through his nose.

"Fighters, take your stances, please!" Topaz ordered. Freakshow stepped back with his left hind leg and forward with his right front leg, lowering his stance. "And, BEGIN!" Topaz stepped back.

Freakshow jumped backward several feet and landed in a crouched position. He lifted out his right front leg. He then started to scream, loudly despite his stitched mouth. The cry sounded like one of anguish instead of rage. Frostflame could see the bones beneath Freakshow's skin begin to move around in his right leg, reshaping his entire leg into a sharp, fleshy, bony stabbing implement. It was morbidly captivating to watch. As Freakshow screamed, blood dripped from his mouth from the stress put on his stitches.

Topaz was covering her ears and holding the mic near her mouth. "Oh my gosh, ponies, I don't really know how to describe what I'm seeing! Freakshow is transforming his leg into some kind of a weapon but it sounds like he's in some incredible pain and I do love that!"

1 minute ago, Unicorncob said:

Jade turned her head to look at Tricis over her shoulder. Her question caught her off guard.

"Um, ten," she muttered, "why?"

Jade was suddenly struck in the back of the head by Tricis' hoof, hard enough to cause pain, but not enough to cause any kind of injury. "And did it ever occur to you when you were on stage with your head five feet up your own ass that you just agreed to rules of engagement that could have your team win all five fights in a row and still not have enough points to succeed?" She scolded harshly. "Tatterhoof says he isn't controlling the scoreboard, but what if he's lying? Do you know for a fact if he isn't? If that scoreboard is actually controlled by him, he could win this match no matter what you do and there isn't crap you can do about it now! You may have just lost the entire tournament before it even began!"

• Brohoof 1

7 minutes ago, Literally Snails said:

Jade was suddenly struck in the back of the head by Tricis' hoof, hard enough to cause pain, but not enough to cause any kind of injury. "And did it ever occur to you when you were on stage with your head five feet up your own ass that you just agreed to rules of engagement that could have your team win all five fights in a row and still not have enough points to succeed?" She scolded harshly. "Tatterhoof says he isn't controlling the scoreboard, but what if he's lying? Do you know for a fact if he isn't? If that scoreboard is actually controlled by him, he could win this match no matter what you do and there isn't crap you can do about it now! You may have just lost the entire tournament before it even began!"

Jade flinched from the strike, and she just glared ahead at nothing.

"We have a bad enough reputation as it is," she pointed out, "how would we look if I turned down his challenge?"

She turned her glare toward Tatterhoof. "And how do you know he's not being honest? Besides, if he is cheating, we simply need to catch him out."

She looked up toward the crowd. "I wonder what it is that has them so against us before we even begin?"

10 minutes ago, Literally Snails said:

Freakshow jumped backward several feet and landed in a crouched position. He lifted out his right front leg. He then started to scream, loudly despite his stitched mouth. The cry sounded like one of anguish instead of rage. Frostflame could see the bones beneath Freakshow's skin begin to move around in his right leg, reshaping his entire leg into a sharp, fleshy, bony stabbing implement. It was morbidly captivating to watch. As Freakshow screamed, blood dripped from his mouth from the stress put on his stitches.

She flinched and raised her own right leg. "I feel sick..."

Despite his situation, Frostflame was relatively calm... though he had never seen something so ungodly outlandish. He had a variety of different ways he could handle this situation, though it would also help if he knew what this abomination was planning, though he has an idea. "you know what... let's find out" He thought to himself. Frostflame took his hoof off his hilt, and stood idle, watching as this pony screamed in agony... waiting for the right moment.

@Unicorncob @Snow Frostflame @reader8363 @Arid_Blitz @dragon4111

Dynamo watched as Frostflame took Draco's place for the first round of the tournament. He wondered what Frostflame was capable of, as well as how the opponent would fight. As the round began, he watched as Freakshow jumped back a few feat until he was in a crouched position. He raised an eyebrow as he wondered what this pony was up to. That was, until he began to emit a high pitched screech. Dynamo closed one of his eyes, while placing a hoof over his ears and grit his teeth. The noise felt like nails on a chalkboard to him and it was becoming almost unbearable to hear. "What is he trying to do? Ruin our hearing, so he can maneuver more easily? If so, then it seems to be working quite effectively." No sooner had he spoke those words, did he see Freakshow's right arm begin to reshape into a weapon. The sight and sound was becoming too much for Dynamo, as the blue unicorn's stomach was beginning to make flips. "That's not a pleasant sight to see. How in Equestria is he even doing that?" He asks with his eyes widening, ever so slightly. 

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 3

Draco sighed and said simply and calmly "Little filly you're beyond foolish and trusting aong with having no buisiness acumen," Draco stated simply. "It's in his wording also he played you like a fiddle. playing on your pride," Draco stated simply as he hovered over to Jade simply. "Honestly why did they choose you to be team captain I have no clue," Draco stated with a sigh. He walked over to the ring and said aloud "Miss Topaz a word if you please," Draco stated motioning to Topaz to come over to him.

• Brohoof 1

9 minutes ago, Unicorncob said:

"We have a bad enough reputation as it is," she pointed out, "how would we look if I turned down his challenge?"

She turned her glare toward Tatterhoof. "And how do you know he's not being honest? Besides, if he is cheating, we simply need to catch him out."

She looked up toward the crowd. "I wonder what it is that has them so against us before we even begin?"

"You're reputation here doesn't matter, Jade, but you could be right. Let's pray that this unnecessary risk doesn't bite you in the ass." Tricis said.

1 minute ago, Dynamo Pad said:

"That's not a pleasant sight to see. How in Equestria is he even doing that?" He asks with his eyes widening, ever so slightly. 

"Because he isn't a pony." Tricis stated matter-of-factly. "In fact, I doubt that anyone on that team aside from Tatterhoof himself are actually ponies, and I know they aren't circus performers." Her expression darkened. "But if what I'm thinking is correct, our friend Tatterhoof has done something very foolish."

Just now, dragon4111 said:

"Miss Topaz a word if you please," Draco stated motioning to Topaz to come over to him.

Tricis raised an eyebrow at him. "You come here, young man. I'm a very old lady and it pains me to walk."

7 minutes ago, Snow Frostflame said:

Despite his situation, Frostflame was relatively calm... though he had never seen something so ungodly outlandish. He had a variety of different ways he could handle this situation, though it would also help if he knew what this abomination was planning, though he has an idea. "you know what... let's find out" He thought to himself. Frostflame took his hoof off his hilt, and stood idle, watching as this pony screamed in agony... waiting for the right moment.

Freakshow finally stood back up. His stand was awkward now that his right front leg was significantly longer and had a pointed end. Then he lept into the air, a grey haze trailing behind him. With a vicious scream, he fell toward Frostflame and immediately forced him onto the defensive by slashing at him with a flurry of blows at unpredictable angles.

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, dragon4111 said:

Draco sighed and said simply and calmly "Little filly you're beyond foolish and trusting aong with having no buisiness acumen," Draco stated simply. "It's in his wording also he played you like a fiddle. playing on your pride," Draco stated simply as he hovered over to Jade simply. "Honestly why did they choose you to be team captain I have no clue," Draco stated with a sigh. He walked over to the ring and said aloud "Miss Topaz a word if you please," Draco stated motioning to Topaz to come over to him.

"And yet I was chosen and not you," Jade simply said, raising her chin defiantly.

Just now, Literally Snails said:

"You're reputation here doesn't matter, Jade, but you could be right. Let's pray that this unnecessary risk doesn't bite you in the ass." Tricis said.

"Because he isn't a pony." Tricis stated matter-of-factly. "In fact, I doubt that anyone on that team aside from Tatterhoof himself are actually ponies, and I know they aren't circus performers." Her expression darkened. "But if what I'm thinking is correct, our friend Tatterhoof has done something very foolish."

Freakshow finally stood back up. His stand was awkward now that his right front leg was significantly longer and had a pointed end. Then he lept into the air, a grey haze trailing behind him. With a vicious scream, he fell toward Frostflame and immediately forced him onto the defensive by slashing at him with a flurry of blows at unpredictable angles.

She snorted, but just watched Freakshow's... unorthodox fighting style. It was all over the place, almost unreadable.

"I imagine the sheer pain is affecting his concentration," she muttered softly to her team. "Hopefully Frostflame will catch on and use that."

Draco said "True but you're pride will be your down fall," Draco stated as he floatd back over to the old mare but high enough to keep the old mare from hitting him. He saw the freakshow and said "He could be a masochist," Draco stated simply with a chuckle. "I've heard some ponies like pain," he stated with a grin on his face.

• Brohoof 1

Frostflame grinned under his mask when he saw him leap towards him. "just.... a few more seconds.... NOW" He teleported to the opposite side of the arena leaving behind a dummy made of ice. Frostflame whistled loud enough for Freakshow to hear, trying to get his attention. Frostflame again stood there with his hooves away from his sword... almost like his was taunting Freakshow.

• Brohoof 1

@Unicorncob @Snow Frostflame @dragon4111 @reader8363

Dynamo noticed Draco, who flew back to the group and started to put Jade down. Dynamo furrowed his eyebrows and shook his head. "We were all picked for a certain role in this team, Draco. Jade appears to know Tricis, so that might be a part of the reason as to why she was chosen as captain. I put my trust in Jade and I can only hope that we'll do our best. We just need to work as a team and work through these new rules." His ears perked as he listened to Jade mentioning Freakshow's fighting style. He raised an eyebrow and begun to slightly notice it, but it only seemed like a natural battle style. "He looks to be swinging blindly and wildly. It might be because of the pain, but I can't say for sure."

The blue unicorn then turned to Tricis, who was explaining that the other team wasn't who they said they were. As he saw her expression darken, his own expression darkened with worry and concern. "What do you mean that they aren't ponies, Coach? If they aren't ponies, then what in the world are they? What has Tatterhoof even done that would result in something foolish. If I can be honest, then he must be crazy or something along those lines." He says as he turns back to watch the fight unfold. 

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

Just now, Snow Frostflame said:

Frostflame grinned under his mask when he saw him leap towards him. "just.... a few more seconds.... NOW" He teleported to the opposite side of the arena leaving behind a dummy made of ice. Frostflame whistled loud enough for Freakshow to hear, trying to get his attention. Frostflame again stood there with his hooves away from his sword... almost like his was taunting Freakshow.

Freakshow turned quickly to where Frostflame was standing. He screamed at him, spraying out saliva and blood onto the stadium floor. His hind legs stretched out longer like warm putty as he leapt straight for Frostflame again, making his stride faster.

• Brohoof 1

Jade flicked her feathers irritably at Draco's comments, and just watched Frostflame's technique. He seemed to be one for misdirection, which would be useful.

6 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

Dynamo noticed Draco, who flew back to the group and started to put Jade down. Dynamo furrowed his eyebrows and shook his head. "We were all picked for a certain role in this team, Draco. Jade appears to know Tricis, so that might be a part of the reason as to why she was chosen as captain. I put my trust in Jade and I can only hope that we'll do our best. We just need to work as a team and work through these new rules." His ears perked as he listened to Jade mentioning Freakshow's fighting style. He raised an eyebrow and begun to slightly notice it, but it only seemed like a natural battle style. "He looks to be swinging blindly and wildly. It might be because of the pain, but I can't say for sure."

Her expression softened from Dynamo's coming to her defence. At least not the entire team was against her.

7 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

The blue unicorn then turned to Tricis, who was explaining that the other team wasn't who they said they were. As he saw her expression darken, his own expression darkened with worry and concern. "What do you mean that they aren't ponies, Coach? If they aren't ponies, then what in the world are they? What has Tatterhoof even done that would result in something foolish. If I can be honest, then he must be crazy or something along those lines." He says as he turns back to watch the fight unfold. 

His choice of words put a thought in her head. "You think... Tatterhoof did this to that pony on purpose?" she asked, watching Freakshow's 'performance', if you could even call such a sight a performance.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
9 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

"What do you mean that they aren't ponies, Coach? If they aren't ponies, then what in the world are they? What has Tatterhoof even done that would result in something foolish. If I can be honest, then he must be crazy or something along those lines." He says as he turns back to watch the fight unfold. 

@Unicorncob @dragon4111 @reader8363

Tricis seemed unfazed by draco's teasings, though she'd likely scold him later. Her eyes narrowed. "Yokai," She muttered. "Ancient monsters that imitate ponies. Some ponies call them demons, but the name doesn't matter. They have naturally high Magical power and aptitude and come in countless breeds and all different levels of power. They make deals with ponies as well, but their price is often... high."

• Brohoof 1

16 minutes ago, Literally Snails said:

Tricis' eyes narrowed. "Yokai," She muttered. "Ancient monsters that imitate ponies. Some ponies call them demons, but the name doesn't matter. They have naturally high Magical power and aptitude and come in countless breeds and all different levels of power. They make deals with ponies as well, but their price is often... high."

Dynamo didn't take his eyes off of the fight, but he gasped slightly as Tricis mentioned the word, yokai. "I've only heard of the word yokai when it came to my fair share of reading manga, but I didn't think they were real." He sighed and shook his head. "I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Seeing as how we have all these different types of creatures in the Everfree Forest. It would only seem natural to have any type of creature in this tournament. Still, who would have thought that yokai actually exist." He looked over to the other team members, who were watching Freakshow attacking an ice clone. 'Tricis even said that all of that team are potential yokai? What's worse is that we don't even know what kind of yokai abilities each of them have.' He then glanced at Tricis, but tried to keep his eyes on the fight. "How high of a price are we talking? I'm guessing this high of a price would be possibly forbidden, right?"  

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

Frostflame once again teleported, but a much shorter distance... he teleported underneath Freakshow, while he was in midair, and jumped back a bit landing in a crouched position. Frostflame stood up and put his hoof on his sword, watching Freakshow. "Let's see how dumb you really are" He thought to himself.

• Brohoof 1