Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Everfree Dark Tournament RP

Literally Snails

Just now, Snow Frostflame said:

@Unicorncob @dragon4111 @Dynamo Pad @reader8363

Frostflame once again teleported, but a much shorter distance... he teleported underneath Freakshow, while he was in midair, and jumped back a bit landing in a crouched position. Frostflame stood up and put his hoof on his sword, watching Freakshow. "Let's see how dumb you really are" He thought to himself.

Freakshow ground to a halt, waiting for a moment to see where Frostflame was. He stood on his now overgrown hind legs like giant stalks. His eyes honed in on Frostflame, then he pointed at him with his mutilated right front leg. It stretched out like his hind legs had before, shooting out at Frostflame and aiming for his midsection. At the same time, his other front leg stretched out as well, looping around behind Frostflame to catch him off-guard. All the while, he was screaming as his bones and muscles stretched.

• Brohoof 1

29 minutes ago, Literally Snails said:

Tricis seemed unfazed by draco's teasings, though she'd likely scold him later. Her eyes narrowed. "Yokai," She muttered. "Ancient monsters that imitate ponies. Some ponies call them demons, but the name doesn't matter. They have naturally high Magical power and aptitude and come in countless breeds and all different levels of power. They make deals with ponies as well, but their price is often... high."

"Yokai..." Jade muttered to herself. She had come across the word before in her travels. Demons from the eastern regions of Neighsia.

Had Tatterhoof somehow made a deal with these creatures to fight for him? And at what cost?

"What could he possibly offer Yokai that would make them agree to this?"

1 minute ago, Literally Snails said:

Freakshow ground to a halt, waiting for a moment to see where Frostflame was. He stood on his now overgrown hind legs like giant stalks. His eyes honed in on Frostflame, then he pointed at him with his mutilated right front leg. It stretched out like his hind legs had before, shooting out at Frostflame and aiming for his midsection. At the same time, his other front leg stretched out as well, looping around behind Frostflame to catch him off-guard. All the while, he was screaming as his bones and muscles stretched.

The way this pony's body distorted and misshaped itself not only made her nauseous, but it confirmed her new suspicions; Freakshow was certainly not a real pony.

"A real pony wouldn't cause themselves such pain voluntarily."

Just now, Unicorncob said:

"What could he possibly offer Yokai that would make them agree to this?"

"That depends on the Yokai in question, but it's rare for them to be friendly," Tricis stated plainly. "You should know. You've fought one before."

• Brohoof 1

@Snow Frostflame @reader8363 @dragon4111

As Freakshow continued to fight, Dynamo noticed the yokai pony has outstretched his limbs to the point of standing like stilts. The blue unicorn couldn't believe how this fighter was trying essentially towering over the entire group. "What is this guy trying to be? Some kind of giant or something? If you tie up his legs and make him lose his balance, then Freakshow will lose." He muttered an idea, but then shook his head. "That probably wouldn't work. Knowing Freakshow, he'd just make a weapon to break through any kind of binding."

8 minutes ago, Unicorncob said:

The way this pony's body distorted and misshaped itself not only made her nauseous, but it confirmed her new suspicions; Freakshow was certainly not a real pony.

"A real pony wouldn't cause themselves such pain voluntarily."

Dynamo's ears perked as he heard Jade's remark. He could only shake his head, while being in agreement with the captain. "You make a good point. A normal pony probably wouldn't be able to handle this kind of pain for this long. He's got style. I'll give Freakshow that much. However, it's like he's trying to aim for something, but what? Isn't there some way to stop this kind of ability?" He placed a hoof to his chin, while thinking of how they could gain the upper hand. 

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

12 minutes ago, Literally Snails said:

"That depends on the Yokai in question, but it's rare for them to be friendly," Tricis stated plainly. "You should know. You've fought one before."

Jade nodded slowly. She remembered fighting that Yokai a while ago in another city. "But it wasn't like this one."

4 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

Dynamo's ears perked as he heard Jade's remark. He could only shake his head, while being in agreement with the captain. "You make a good point. A normal pony probably wouldn't be able to handle this kind of pain for this long. He's got style. I'll give Freakshow that much. However, it's like he's trying to aim for something, but what? Isn't there some way to stop this kind of ability?" He placed a hoof to his chin, while thinking of how they could gain the upper hand. 

"Yokai are powerful creatures," she told Dynamo, ears lowering. "I'm not sure there is a way to just 'stop' its powers."

She looked up, eyes widened. "But they do have a limit to how much pain they can take."

35 minutes ago, Literally Snails said:

"As dumb as a bag of rocks" he thought to himself. In an instant Frostflame casted a wall of ice in front of him and rolled forward and to the right to avoid it piercing through the ice hitting him. With his limbs now stretched out, a lot of his softer flesh was exposed, which Frostflame exploited. With his hoof still on his hilt he charged forward, and unsheathed his dark blade, slicing at his front right hoof. Frostflame turned around, and charged straight at his rear hind hoof, causing the abomination to be off balanced. "Now, let's finish this" Frostflame casted one last spell... moments later a massive icy stalagmite appears under Freakshow. Frostflame stood idle and watched.

Edited by Snow Frostflame
  • Brohoof 1

9 minutes ago, Unicorncob said:

"Yokai are powerful creatures," she told Dynamo, ears lowering. "I'm not sure there is a way to just 'stop' its powers."

She looked up, eyes widened. "But they do have a limit to how much pain they can take."

Dynamo nodded at Jade's remark as he looked strained his neck to look up at Freakshow. "I wouldn't doubt that. It's like playing a video game. You never underestimate your opponents." He says as his eyes widen at the last bit of info being told to him by their team captain. He then looked to Frostflame, while wondering how their teammate was holding up. "I guess it'll all come down to who can hang on the longest. The one thing that bothers me is what if Freakshow has no limiter to pain. True, he can feel pain. However, what if their leader made it so he can go past that limit of pain?"

4 minutes ago, Snow Frostflame said:

"As dumb as a bag of rocks" he thought to himself. In an instant Frostflame casted a wall of ice in front of him and rolled forward and to the right to avoid it piercing through the ice hitting him. With his limbs now stretched out, a lot of his softer flesh was exposed, which Frostflame exploited. With his hoof still on his hilt he charged forward, and unsheathed his dark blade, slicing at his front right hoof. Frostflame turned around, and charged straight at his rear hind hoof, causing the abomination to be off balanced. "Now, let's finish this" Frostflame casted one last spell. Moments later Freakshow was impaled on a massive icy stalagmite. Frostflame stood idle and watched, before sheathing his blade.

@reader8363 @dragon4111

Dynamo watched as Frostflame unsheathed his dark blade and made his swing. The blue unicorn couldn't help, but be impressed as Freakshow was hit by a massive, icy stalagmite. For the moment, Dynamo wondered if Freakshow would move or if he could continue. "Hopefully that was the finishing move. I'm still worried about my earlier theory, but I guess we'll have to wait and see." 

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

With his hoof still on his hilt he charged forward, and unsheathed his dark blade, slicing at his front right hoof.

The blade cut deep into his leg, causing a howl of pain as purple blood sprayed out onto the ring.

Frostflame turned around, and charged straight at his rear hind hoof, causing the abomination to be off balanced. "Now, let's finish this" Frostflame casted one last spell. Moments later Freakshow was impaled on a massive icy stalagmite. Frostflame stood idle and watched, before sheathing his blade.

Freakshow reacted quickly to the growing ice structure beneath him. With his right front leg embedded in the ice wall, he retracted it, causing himself to rapidly move toward the ice wall as his leg shortened, this made him move away from the stalagmite just in time before it grew, the sharp tip only slicing into his back. A purple gash was sliced into his back, and a long tendril of bone grew out of it, shooting at Frostflame to distract him while he was pulling his right leg out of the ice wall.

Noticing the change in Shining's demeanor he chuckled "Tsk you are too fast to anger. Sadly the thing I was to bring up is..bets. They are already betting on your team...mostly against." he sipped the wine setting it to out as Nocturne held it with her magic up "Not me, 100,000 for them to win. Isnt that nice?" he lean back in the chair "You should bet as well next round...should your team lives long enough. Little Canteen is anxious to kill them, however from what he told me he really wants to get hold of someone he refers to as Grandma. Watch your team closely." he tilteded his head cracking his neck some "The rules state the teams cant fight outside the ring...though some will chose to ignore it...however if this grandma isnt in the team...she will be free game and Canteen will eventually have his way."

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, Literally Snails said:

The blade cut deep into his leg, causing a howl of pain as purple blood sprayed out onto the ring.

Freakshow reacted quickly to the growing ice structure beneath him. With his right front leg embedded in the ice wall, he retracted it, causing himself to rapidly move toward the ice wall as his leg shortened, this made him move away from the stalagmite just in time before it grew, the sharp tip only slicing into his back. A purple gash was sliced into his back, and a long tendril of bone grew out of it, shooting at Frostflame to distract him while he was pulling his right leg out of the ice wall.

"You just don't know when to give up now, do you?" Frostflame approached ever so slowly. With his magic he reinforced the ice, tightening its grip and also making it thicker and heavier. While with his sword, he'd slash at the bone tendril when it approached, not trying to dismember it, but to keep it back. Frostflame expanded the growth of the ice making it harder for Freakshow to escape. Now here he was... the hunter watches as his prey struggles to free himself. Frostflame, sheathed his sword and hit Freakshow in the face halting him from attempting to free his hoof. Frostflame then freezes his other hooves before they expanded again... last thing he needed was him to escape and ruin his setup. He walks to the opposite side of the wall, and stares at the audience for a few moments. He gives them a gesture that meant death, and just as he finished he put his hooves on the icy wall and pushes forward with all his might, while using his magic to help tip it over.

• Brohoof 1

14 minutes ago, Snow Frostflame said:

"You just don't know when to give up now, do you?" Frostflame approached ever so slowly. With his magic he reinforced the ice, tightening its grip and also making it thicker and heavier. While with his sword, he'd slash at the bone tendril when it approached, not trying to dismember it, but to keep it back. Frostflame expanded the growth of the ice making it harder for Freakshow to escape. Now here he was... the hunter watches as his prey struggles to free himself. Frostflame, sheathed his sword and hit Freakshow in the face halting him from attempting to free his hoof. Frostflame then freezes his other hooves before they expanded again... last thing he needed was him to escape and ruin his setup. He walks to the opposite side of the wall, and stares at the audience for a few moments. He gives them a gesture that meant death, and just as he finished he put his hooves on the icy wall and pushes forward with all his might, while using his magic to help tip it over.

Freakshow Reached out for Frost again with his free leg, but after being struck in the head, he was finding it difficult to aim. He had made a fatal strategic error. His limbs were too far outstretched to defend his body. The wall he was stuck to started to move. If his limbs were shorter, he would have been able to push off of it, but all of them extended past the wall.

Spoiler

The wall landed on Freakshow with a booming thud, blood and melted water oozing out from under it.

Topaz walked next to the icewall as it quickly melted. The form of Freakshow beneath was a purple splatter of mangled bones.

"I've done this long enough to know when a ten count isn't necessary," Topaz announced. "The winner, by death, is Snow Frostflame!"

The crowd booed viciously at the loss.

"WHAT!" The green suited stallion yelled while covering his mouth with a handkerchief.

Rail finally acknowledged the other stallion. "It seems Team Lotus is taking an early lead. It's a good thing you didn't wager any of your money on this."

The stallion looked at Rail and nervously laughed. "Y-yes, I'm just a fan."

@Unicorncob @reader8363 @dragon4111 @Dynamo Pad

As Frostflame walked back to the rest of his team, the purple scoreboard updated.

Winner: Frostflame - 2 points

Style: Frostflame - 1 point

Creativity: Freakshow - 1 point

Entertainment: Freakshow - 1 point

Team Lotus: 3 points

Showboat: 2 points

The four remaining members of the circus team started to chuckle amongst themselves, making eye contact with their opponents across the field. They didn't look like a team that just lost a match and a teammate.

"A bit boring, don't you think?" The clown commented.

The bodybuilder added, "And they just wasted their best fighter on our weakest."

@Arid_Blitz

"Are you trying to threaten me?" Shining Armor asked, his eyes narrowing. "I've heard about Crimos and its corruption. I'm surprised a tournament like this isn't being held there for you to bet on. And no, I'm not going to bet against my team!"

• Brohoof 1

@Unicorncob @Snow Frostflame @reader8363 @dragon4111 @Arid_Blitz

Dynamo watched as the wall started to fall upon Freakshow. The blue unicorn had to look away as he knew that it was over for their opponent. When he looked back, he noticed that everything was a mess once the smoke had cleared. He smiled as he heard that their team had won the round. Once Frostflame had rejoined the team, Dynamo looked to see who had won the points for the round. It was nice to know they had taken an early lead, but they had a long way to go, before claiming victory. "Nice work out there, Frostflame. It looks like you made him panic and he misjudged his actions." He says, while looking back to the debris. "He must have been in too much pain to be thinking clearly. If not, then who knows."

His ears perked as he heard the other team laughing and talking among themselves. He narrowed his eyebrows as they didn't care about their teammate. "That's just sad and pathetic." He muttered to himself, before continuing. "They could at least be concerned that they lost a teammate. They seemed to look like a team. I guess not all yokai tend to see eye to eye. They're all yokai, so they should at least care about their own." He shook his head and decided to put the thought past him. He thought he had heard the other team had sent out their weakest fighter, but he thought he was hearing wrong. "I guess we had to start off strong, but we had to see what this team was about." He took a deep breath and sighed. "I guess the difficulty will increase, but nobody said this would be easy." He watched closely as he wondered who on the other team would be next up to bat. 

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

@Unicorncob @dragon4111 @Dynamo Pad @reader8363

Frostflame didn't need their approval, he knows he did this world a favor by killing that monster. He uses his magic to dispel any ice that remained... leaving nothing but a soggy flattened corpse. "That was oddly easy" He said to Jade "I have a bad feeling about this, Jade... be mindful who you send next." He walks past her and forms a chair out of ice next to Rose. "Try not to get too comfy, you're gonna get thrown in there soon... so please try not to die, it lessens our chances of getting through this damn tournament."

• Brohoof 1

@Unicorncob @Snow Frostflame @reader8363 @dragon4111 @Dynamo Pad

A magical spell cleaned the stadium, leaving it good as new aside from the dents and cracks caused by Freakshow's attacks.

"We need a win," Tatterhoof ordered. "We can find an alternate to replace Freakshow but the rest of you are my star acts! Clown, lighten the mood!"

The white painted pony gave a jaunty laugh and jumped onto the stadium, giggling to himself as he got into position. He had a similar look in his eyes to Freakshow, but this time it was more manic than crazed. He chuckled through his yellowed teeth with his lips curled back. "I'll need a volunteer!" he said with a whisp to his voice.

• Brohoof 2

@Unicorncob @Snow Frostflame @Arid_Blitz @dragon4111 @reader8363 

As the stadium was cleaned from the debris of the last battle, Dynamo's ears perked as he heard the crazy laugh from the clown. The blue unicorn watched as the clown made his way to the ring. The chuckling and crazed smile was a bit unnerving, but Dynamo knew he would have to go up eventually. "You know what? I guess I'll go up next. I'm not sure what's got this guy in good mood, but hopefully I don't miss the joke." He stepped into the ring and made his way to the center of the stadium. 'I guess I can't try and make this guy laugh into submission. Now that would be too simple.' He thought as he raised a hoof into the air to grab the clown's attention. "How about me? Perhaps I can be the volunteer that you need?" He lowered his hoof as he made it to the center of the stadium. 

Edited by Dynamo Pad

Just now, Dynamo Pad said:

@Unicorncob @Snow Frostflame @Arid_Blitz @dragon4111 @reader8363 

As the stadium was cleaned from the debris of the last battle, Dynamo's ears perked as he heard the crazy laugh from the clown. The blue unicorn watched as the clown made his way to the ring. The chuckling and crazed smile was a bit unnerving, but Dynamo knew he would have to go up eventually. "You know what? I guess I'll go up next. I'm not sure what's got this guy in good mood, but hopefully I don't miss the joke." He stepped into the ring and made his way to the center of the stadium. 'I guess I can't try and make this guy laugh into submission. Now that would be too simple.' He thought as he raised a hoof into the air to grab the clown's attention. "How about me? Perhaps I can be the volunteer that you need?" He lowered his hoof as he made it to the center of the stadium. 

Spoiler

The clown's smile widened as the gamer stepped up on the ring. He leaned forward with that big grin creating dimples on his cheeks. "And what's your name little fella? Dynamo, am I right? That's a silly name! Sounds like dynamite, but with just a little bit mo'!" He then leaned back and started laughing with his head tilted up. His humor seemed like the type that would only entertain children.

When he stopped laughing, he looked back at the blue unicorn. "I saw you getting all down in the dumps about the way we were laughing after that last fight, but it's not what you think, silly! We care that ol' freaky is gone, sure, but we were just so happy that you guys were gonna be an entertaining opponent that we couldn't help but laugh!"

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Literally Snails said:

The clown's smile widened as the gamer stepped up on the ring. He leaned forward with that big grin creating dimples on his cheeks. "And what's your name little fella? Dynamo, am I right? That's a silly name! Sounds like dynamite, but with just a little bit mo'!" He then leaned back and started laughing with his head tilted up. His humor seemed like the type that would only entertain children.

When he stopped laughing, he looked back at the blue unicorn. "I saw you getting all down in the dumps about the way we were laughing after that last fight, but it's not what you think, silly! We care that ol' freaky is gone, sure, but we were just so happy that you guys were gonna be an entertaining opponent that we couldn't help but laugh!"

Dynamo didn't want to show how he was feeling, but the wide smile from that clown was giving him the creeps. He raised an eyebrow as the clown was asking about his name. "I think Dynamo is a pretty good name. Of course, you don't know my nickname. If you did, then you would know." He says, while trying not to sound too obvious. The blue unicorn did enjoy a good laugh every now and then, but this clown seemed to have an odd sense of humor. 

As the clown finally calmed down from his laughing fit, the blue unicorn stared at the clowns reasoning for his fallen comrade. "It just seems somewhat odd that one would laugh over their fallen teammate. I care about my friends, so it makes sense that it felt odd that you all didn't seem to care. However, I guess what you said has some merit. As weird as that sounds." He says, before stretching his limbs, so he would be warmed up for the fight. 

• Brohoof 1

7 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

As the clown finally calmed down from his laughing fit, the blue unicorn stared at the clowns reasoning for his fallen comrade. "It just seems somewhat odd that one would laugh over their fallen teammate. I care about my friends, so it makes sense that it felt odd that you all didn't seem to care. However, I guess what you said has some merit. As weird as that sounds." He says, before stretching his limbs, so he would be warmed up for the fight. 

"Right then, no hard feelings kid!" The clown said.

"Okay, you two are having way too much fun. Start the fight!" Topaz announced.

9 hours ago, Snow Frostflame said:

Frostflame didn't need their approval, he knows he did this world a favor by killing that monster. He uses his magic to dispel any ice that remained... leaving nothing but a soggy flattened corpse. "That was oddly easy" He said to Jade "I have a bad feeling about this, Jade... be mindful who you send next." He walks past her and forms a chair out of ice next to Rose. "Try not to get too comfy, you're gonna get thrown in there soon... so please try not to die, it lessens our chances of getting through this damn tournament."

Jade nodded slowly, trying not to look at the remains of Freakshow. "I would have preferred a... less fatal ending, but good work nonetheless. We have a lead on both fronts."

Plus, that monster is finally out of its misery.

8 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

She grimaced as the clown took to the ring for Tatterhoof's side. She looked to Dynamo as he volunteered to go next, and she nodded.

"Watch yourself," she warned, "jesters are some of the trickiest beings."

8 hours ago, Literally Snails said:
  Reveal hidden contents

She glowered at the joke. She could already feel a headache coming on.

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, Unicorncob said:

She grimaced as the clown took to the ring for Tatterhoof's side. She looked to Dynamo as he volunteered to go next, and she nodded.

"Watch yourself," she warned, "jesters are some of the trickiest beings."

Dynamo looked back to Jade, who warned the blue unicorn of what the clown could be capable of. "Thanks for the warning, Captain. Hopefully my tricks will be able to match him move for move." He says as he finished his stretches and was ready to begin.

8 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

"Right then, no hard feelings kid!" The clown said.

"Okay, you two are having way too much fun. Start the fight!" Topaz announced.

@Snow Frostflame @reader8363 @dragon4111 @Arid_Blitz

Dynamo kept up a serious expression, but kept a small, yet unnoticeable smirk upon his face. "You've got it. No hard feelings when I defeat you!" He nodded at Topaz as he got into a crouching fighting position. He then slowly began to circle the ring as he waited for the clown to make a move. "You said you wanted a volunteer, right? What did you have in mind for a demonstration?" 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
2 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

Dynamo looked back to Jade, who warned the blue unicorn of what the clown could be capable of. "Thanks for the warning, Captain. Hopefully my tricks will be able to match him move for move." He says as he finished his stretches and was ready to begin.

@Snow Frostflame @reader8363 @dragon4111 @Arid_Blitz

Dynamo kept up a serious expression, but kept a small, yet unnoticeable smirk upon his face. "You've got it. No hard feelings when I defeat you!" He nodded at Topaz as he got into a crouching fighting position. He then slowly began to circle the ring as he waited for the clown to make a move. "You said you wanted a volunteer, right? What did you have in mind for a demonstration?" 

"Let's start with a simple trick," the clown said, raising his right good, he produced a hand of six cards, all of them glowing with a faint red aura. "Pick a card. Any card!" He joked before hurling the cards at Dynamo, they flew at him as fast as arrows in a wide, shotgun pattern.

Edited by Literally Snails
  • Brohoof 2

13 minutes ago, Literally Snails said:

"Let's start with a simple trick," the clown said, raising his right good, he produced a hand of six cards, all of them glowing with a faint red aura. "Pick a card. Any card!" He joked before hurling the cards at Dynamo, they flew at him as fast as arrows in a wide, shotgun pattern.

@Unicorncob @reader8363 @Snow Frostflame @dragon4111 @Arid_Blitz

Dynamo raised an eyebrow as the clown raised a right hoof to produce some playing cards. He frowned as he saw the cards were hurled at him like arrows. He made a spin jump to the side to avoid any contact with the arrows, before beginning to run up to the clown. "If I have to pick a card, then I'll go with none of the above. So, you can forget it." His horn flared with magic as he shot a laser beam at the clown. 

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

@Unicorncob @reader8363 @Snow Frostflame @dragon4111 @Arid_Blitz

Dynamo raised an eyebrow as the clown raised a right hoof to produce some playing cards. He frowned as he saw the cards were hurled at him like arrows. He made a spin jump to the side to avoid any contact with the arrows, before beginning to run up to the clown. "If I have to pick a card, then I'll go with none of the above. So, you can forget it." His horn flared with magic as he shot a laser beam at the clown. 

The beam hit the exact spot where the clown was, and right at that moment, he was enveloped in a sudden puff off white smoke, accompanied by a trumpet's blare. The smoke quickly dissipated, and when it was gone, so was the clown.

"Oh my goodness people," Topaz commented, "I think the clown has just been incinerated, and that's no joke! There's nothing left of him!"

• Brohoof 1