Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Everfree Dark Tournament RP

Literally Snails

8 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

The bar was mostly empty by the time Rose got there. A few of the pony's leaving the bar commented as they walked by Jade. "How do you like the competition?"

A gryphon walked by O'Malley and joked, "He's trying to drink himself to death before his team gets creamed tomorrow."

It seems these bar goers already knew that O'Malley and Jade were on the same team.

Jade rolled her neck joints and glared at the gryphon before she looked to O'Malley. "That team certainly seems to favour raw power. We simply need to be quicker."

She looked at her teammate and bowed her head. "A pleasure to meet you. I am Jade Lotus."

@Dynamo Pad @Snow Frostflame

Tricis sighed and rubbed her temples. "Fine. I suppose that will be easier than calling them here. You two go with Shining Armor to the bar. I'll follow you shortly."

Shining Armor seemed to have some respect for Tricis. He certainly didn't need to obey anything she said, but he obeyed that request. He made eye contact with Snow and Dynamo, urging them to follow.

@Unicorncob @reader8363 @dragon4111

Shining Armor stepped into the bar, easily noticing Jade, Rose, and O'Malley. They all stood out quite a bit.

• Brohoof 1

@Unicorncob @Literally Snails @dragon4111
Rose was lost in thought about what she saw when she sat down at the end of the bar, trying to find a weakness that wasn't noticeable to themselves. She ordered a drink and was gripping the bottle tightly. If she asked her father for help, then he might look down on her, or come to the fight, but if she didn't, there was a chance that she might die. She looked down at the sword that she had resting next to her stool.

15 minutes ago, Literally Snails said:

Shining Armor stepped into the bar, easily noticing Jade, Rose, and O'Malley. They all stood out quite a bit.

6 minutes ago, reader8363 said:

Rose was lost in thought about what she saw when she sat down at the end of the bar, trying to find a weakness that wasn't noticeable to themselves. She ordered a drink and was gripping the bottle tightly. If she asked her father for help, then he might look down on her, or come to the fight, but if she didn't, there was a chance that she might die. She looked down at the sword that she had resting next to her stool.

Jade looked toward the entrance to the bar and spotted Shining Armour. She blinked quizzically.

"That's the Prince of the Crystal Empire," she said to the two. "And captain of Canterlot's Royal Guard. Why would he be here of all places?"

"Very well then." Frostflame teleports up from his seat and follows Shining Armor to the bar, remaining mostly silent. Once there, he simply found a corner and stood there and observed everyone and everything around him. He wasn't interested in drinking, especially when he could be attacked at any minute, he needed to be on his game.

2 hours ago, Unicorncob said:

Jade looked toward the entrance to the bar and spotted Shining Armour. She blinked quizzically.

"That's the Prince of the Crystal Empire," she said to the two. "And captain of Canterlot's Royal Guard. Why would he be here of all places?"

@reader8363 @Snow Frostflame @dragon4111

Shining Armor sighed. If they had all gone straight to the hotel room he wouldn't have had to explain things twice. Though he wasn't aware that both O'Malley and Jade had experienced unexpected interruptions. 

"I'm your team's sponsor. Kind of." He explained. "They always give the "guest team" to somepony connected to the royal family, and this time it was me. I haven't done much, just arranged your travel and found you a trainer that I think you might like, Jade."

@Dynamo Pad((To make things easier, we can assume you walked down the stairs with shining and are with the rest of the team now since it was your idea to go find them, that way your character doesn't get lost from the scene))

• Brohoof 1

41 minutes ago, Literally Snails said:

Shining Armor sighed. If they had all gone straight to the hotel room he wouldn't have had to explain things twice. Though he wasn't aware that both O'Malley and Jade had experienced unexpected interruptions. 

"I'm your team's sponsor. Kind of." He explained. "They always give the "guest team" to somepony connected to the royal family, and this time it was me. I haven't done much, just arranged your travel and found you a trainer that I think you might like, Jade."

Jade bowed her head to Shining Armour. "It is an honour, sir."

"Guest team?" she repeated, furrowing her brows. Before she could question further, her attention was grabbed by the idea of this trainer she was getting. "Who is this trainer?"

I've passed my training, what else could I need? Unless this tournament has some special regulations?

1 hour ago, Unicorncob said:

Jade bowed her head to Shining Armour. "It is an honour, sir."

"Guest team?" she repeated, furrowing her brows. Before she could question further, her attention was grabbed by the idea of this trainer she was getting. "Who is this trainer?"

I've passed my training, what else could I need? Unless this tournament has some special regulations?

@dragon4111

"Is it too much to ask for you to pay attention?" Tricis' voice complained. She stepped down from the hotel's main stairs behind Shining Armor. She was small enough that she couldn't be seen until she stepped out from behind him.

Jade would certainly recognize her from her training. She went through quite an ordeal to meet her in the past. For O'Malley, it was his first time seeing the old mare.

"Please tell me you've gotten better Jade."

• Brohoof 1

@Unicorncob @Literally Snails @Snow Frostflame @reader8363 

Draco eyed the old mare and could tell she could kick his ass harder than the zebracan chieftain of the hiroshin tribe. So He now was on guard around this old mare. He then looked at Rose "A pleasure ma'am," he stated. "Oh yes Shining did your wife get that marital aid one of the butler's wouldn't let me deliver that personally...Ancalagon wasn't happy about that Shining armor," Draco stated with a shiver.

1 hour ago, Literally Snails said:

"Is it too much to ask for you to pay attention?" Tricis' voice complained. She stepped down from the hotel's main stairs behind Shining Armor. She was small enough that she couldn't be seen until she stepped out from behind him.

Jade would certainly recognize her from her training. She went through quite an ordeal to meet her in the past. For O'Malley, it was his first time seeing the old mare.

"Please tell me you've gotten better Jade."

Jade's eyebrows raised as she heard the familiar voice. She hadn't even noticed Tricis standing there.

"It's been a long time," she said, bowing her head. "You'll see soon enough that I've improved since we last met."

Defiant had his meeting with the team and owner, he wandered around the place eyeing the competition and getting a feel for the place. Walking into the bar he made his way through to the bartender requesting a bottle of brandy to take back to the room. "Such a sad display of talent." he said aloud, as he collected his bottle he looked around "This tournament makes me wonder, if they dont do this to weed out the weak and undesirables." he soon felt a diamond dog pushing him

"Oi we dont take kindly to a little pegasus groaning about himself." before leaning down into his face "Now I'm going to have to break off that wing you have. Least you will become more symmetrical." 

"Guess I have no choice." as he flung the bottle of brandy to the other side of the room, Defiant narrowed his eyes before he seemed to disappear, not even a blur was seen as he was now on the other side of the room. Catching the bottle he walked out of the room

The diamond dog blinked some before he turned around "Hey get back..." his words were cut off as blood dripped from his face, almost all at once his body spurted blood out falling to the ground, a knife was sitting on the bar covered in blood. If one were to look back at what happened Defiant grabbed the knife, sliced and cut up the dog, set it back and went to the other side of the room to catch his brandy.

(edited)
20 minutes ago, Unicorncob said:

Jade's eyebrows raised as she heard the familiar voice. She hadn't even noticed Tricis standing there.

"It's been a long time," she said, bowing her head. "You'll see soon enough that I've improved since we last met."

"Long by your standards maybe, but that's good to hear."

@Dynamo Pad @Snow Frostflame @dragon4111 @reader8363

Tricis surveyed the rest of the team who were all in the bar now. "It's my understanding that none of you even know one another. You may not even know why you're here. I'd suggest introducing yourselves. You're going to be sharing a hell of a week together."

Edited by Literally Snails
  • Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad @reader8363 @dragon4111 @Literally Snails @Unicorncob

Frostflame moved his hat up away from his eye, and eyed his team, before noticing Tricis. He then looked back towards the ground, keeping an ear out for anything going on. Tricis had told them they should probably introduce themselves, but Frostflame was not interested at all. He moved in a bit closer, but kept his distance, watching and listening to his allies.

Edited by Snow Frostflame

1 hour ago, Literally Snails said:

"Long by your standards maybe, but that's good to hear."

@Dynamo Pad @Snow Frostflame @dragon4111 @reader8363

Tricis surveyed the rest of the team who were all in the bar now. "It's my understanding that none of you even know one another. You may not even know why you're here. I'd suggest introducing yourselves. You're going to be sharing a hell of a week together."

Jade took a look at the others in the bar. Each one matched a description Rail had given her earlier. This was her team.

Definitely a unique casting.

She bowed her head to them. "My name is Jade Lotus. It is a pleasure to meet you all."

@Literally Snails @Snow Frostflame @Unicorncob @reader8363 @dragon4111 @Arid_Blitz

Dynamo nodded briefly at Tricis' request. "Yes, ma'am. He replied as he began following Shining Armor and Frostflame to the bar. As the group reached the bar, Dynamo could see a bunch of ponies conversing with each other about the tournament. He found a few empty seats and immediately sat down. He looked to his left as he noticed Jade and Rose conversing, but didn't say anything since he didn't know them. The blue unicorn listened intently as Shining Armor explained that they were a guest team. "A guest team, huh? If by guest, then I guess we aren't exactly all put together for any specific reason. I'm guessing there's a reason behind it all, but what?" He spoke his thoughts out loud. He thought he had heard an argument breaking out, but decided to pay it not mind. Dynamo had noticed that the stool he was sitting in was rotatable. He grinned slightly as he began to spin around in his seat. He soon felt the world begin to spin as he fell right out of his seat and landed on the ground. "Whew...look at all the pretty colors..." He chuckled, while still laying on the ground to gather his bearings. 

After a few moments had passed, the blue unicorn was able to sit up and regained his composure. He got back into his seat as he heard Tricis entering the bar. He listened in as she explained for everyone to introduce themselves. The blue unicorn could only raise an eyebrow in confusion as he heard Jade had introduced herself. "Excuse me, coach? What should we say when it comes to introducing ourselves? Should we talk about likes, dislikes, dreams and why we are here in the first place? I just thought it would be best to know everything there is to know about one another. It's like you said. We're all going to be a team, so we might as well get to know all that we can." He says as he began to order a non-alcoholic drink.   

Edited by Dynamo Pad

33 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

"Excuse me, coach? What should we say when it comes to introducing ourselves? Should we talk about likes, dislikes, dreams and why we are here in the first place? I just thought it would be best to know everything there is to know about one another. It's like you said. We're all going to be a team, so we might as well get to know all that we can."

@Snow Frostflame   @Unicorncob @reader8363 @dragon4111

"This isn't gradeschool, kid. Introduce yourself the way you see fit." Tricis explained. She eyed Snow who was giving a rather standoffish attitude. "Some of us don't even want to share with the class."

Shining Armor sat down between O'Malley and Rose Beast as the bartender gave Rose her drink. "You were right about this not being a coincidence. Someone hoof selected you and we don't know why, but you guys might. Any of you made any enemies recently? Any Idea who might have forced you here? There's something interesting you can say about yourself when you introduce yourself. What got you into this?"

• Brohoof 1

@Literally Snails @Snow Frostflame @reader8363 @Arid_Blitz @Unicorncob @dragon4111

Dynamo shrugged his shoulders at Tricis' remark as he was handed his drink. "It was mostly a suggestion. Since the idea of an introduction is to tell us something that we don't know." He says as he noticed Frostflame, who didn't seem to want to introduce himself. He saw that Shining Armor had sat down, but had brought up a really good question. "So, my guess wasn't too far off, huh?" He took a sip of his drink and hummed at the taste of his cola drink. "I might as well go next. My name is Dynamo Pad. It's nice to meet you all. I'm a gamer by trade, but I mostly compete in gaming tournaments. You probably might not know my gaming name, but I go by the name, Kyubiki Tenchu. My dream is to become a professional gamer that you would see in gaming leagues. Something along the lines of the Overwatch league, or some other popular game." He stopped as he tried to think of a reason as to why he was chosen to compete in the tournament.

"Hmm...the only think I can think of was during my last gaming tournament. There was this colt. I believe his name was Cheap Shot. While he competed, he kept cheating and bending the rules. The worst part was that he made it to where the judges couldn't say anything. Either he made his battles look fair, or he was paid someone was beyond me. Cheap Shot and I met up in the finals, but I was planning on letting him get the best of me. I was able to defeat him, but he suddenly freaked out and began losing his mind. He acted as if he had lost everything. He told me that his boss had placed a huge bet on Cheap Shot, but he had lost a large sum of money. The guy even swore that he would have his revenge, so I guess that's why I'm here." 

@Literally Snails @Unicorncob @dragon4111 @Snow Frostflame @Dynamo Pad
Rose steeled her nerves as she guzzled her bottle and decided to call him. She stood up and said, "I'm Rose Beast, it will be a pleasure to fight with you all. The reason that I'm probably here is that a job went bad, now excuse me for a few minutes" She headed out to the phone and punched her home phone number in. Once the other line was picked up, she said, "Hey, yes, I arrived here without a problem, and I need Thorn, I might be in way over my head for now." Once she hung up, a portal opened out of the ceiling and dropped a sword in a sheath next to her. She picked it up and headed back to the bar, noticing the other rapier that she had was gone.

"Draco O'Malleys the name and making deliveries is my game. And as to why I'm here my boss Ancalagon the black sent me. For what reason I have no clue but I'm not going to argue with a dragon the size of a large mountain," Draco stated with a chuckle. Draco looked at Frost and says "What stuck up your arse no wait maybe it's that tree branch,"

@Literally Snails @Snow Frostflame @reader8363 @Arid_Blitz @Dynamo Pad @dragon4111

Jade offered her teammates a smile. "I'm looking forward to seeing what you all can do."

Her smile faded as she looked toward Frost, who seemed to want nothing to do with them. Either he was skilled, and felt he was too good for them, or he had some remnants of teenage angst left to work through.

She overheard the others and flicked an ear. Why was she chosen? "I cannot say for sure why I'm here. I received an invitation in my travels to take part. Somepony somehow knew where to find me."

@reader8363 @Literally Snails @Unicorncob @dragon4111 @Dynamo Pad

Frostflame grunted at Draco's remark, tempted to cast some spells he resisted that urge. He stepped closer to his allies. "It would seem I'm not the only one who was sentenced to death" He said looking over towards his allies he was ridiculing earlier. "Your sword trick is impressive Rose, but your weapon still pales compared to an actual weapon of great power." He turns over to Dynamo. "I only really feel pity for you, judging by what you've said you lack any sense of combat." Frostflame nods his head turning away. "Dear colt, if I were you I'd do something impressive to warrant your survival." He turns back facing Draco. "As for you, I know nothing about you, but here is some advice. Watch who you insult, they may be the last face you ever see." Frostflame faced away from the group "As for me, you're probably wondering who I'am... just another would-be thief who is over his head?... sure... or a seasoned adventurer who just made a bad decision... perhaps. I go by many names, the Colt of The Shadows, the Unicorn From The Everfree, The Masked Stallion... you get the idea, its more of a location thing, but you may know me as Snow Frostflame, the Master of Ice." He took off his hat revealing his long white mane, setting it aside on a table, now facing the group. "Now I'm gonna be straight with you guys, I don't care about any of you... I really don't. I care about what you are as a combatant, not who you are as a pony." He says as he puts his hat back on, taking a seat by Rose. "As for why I'm here, for all you newer adventurers... watch who you trust, you may wake up one day with a knife in your back."

• Brohoof 2

@Snow Frostflame

Tricis clapped for Frostflame's monologue. It wasn't easy to come up with one that long after all. "Now we've gotten introductions out of the way. Some of you don't feel like sharing everything and I don't blame you. I wouldn't either. Your backs are against the wall right now and trusting anyone you just met would be a bad idea."

Her expression darkened as she sat on one of the benches beside Jade. "Jade here is the captain of your team. For what reason, I can't say. You've all done your fair share of mischief, but it's hard to tell why exactly the five of you were chosen to be here."

"You're fighting first thing tomorrow morning, but I don't know anything about the team you're fighting. They've been keeping me out of the loop when all the other team owners have been attending meetings." Shining Armor informed.

@dragon4111 @reader8363 @Unicorncob @Dynamo Pad

• Brohoof 1

Just now, dragon4111 said:

"Uh huh  sounds like you're a prideful fool. And how edgy," Draco stated with a laugh. He shrugged and said "I've insulted Celestia and her nephew more times than not," Draco stated simply. He couldn't help but laugh to himself as he looked at Frost. He shook his head slightly.

"I will not have this meeting devolve into a pissing contest." Tricis barked. "Keep talk like that in the schoolyard. we're adults here. You don't have to get along. Hell, you don't even have to like each other. But if you're at each others throats you might as well let Rokata team kill you right now. Understand?"

• Brohoof 2

Jade cocked an eyebrow at Frost's longwinded, yet interesting introduction. He definitely wanted to make himself sound dangerous.

Pride swelled in her chest when she was announced as the team's captain. Master Xiang always told her during her training as a filly that ego was a dangerous weapon, though she could argue that the newspaper he often bapped her on the head with was a worthy contender.

"The pony known as Rail hoof-chose us personally for this team of his," she informed her teammates, trying to add an air of authority to her voice. "We don't need to like each other, we just need to get along until this is over." She continued with a look pointed at Frost and Draco.