Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Everfree Dark Tournament RP

Literally Snails

1 minute ago, DwhitetheGamer said:

Copper grunted, seeing the punch blocked by the Minotaur.  He looked up at his opposition, an emotionless look on his face as an intense standoff commenced.  Then, remembering a certain phrase, he couldn't help but smile.  "This must be training to you, huh?" he asked Onyx, his expression softened.  "Alright.  I'll train with you, but next time, ask before we train."

The Minotaur let go of Coppers' hoof and looked at his palm. There was no mark in the center of his hand. He seemed disappointed behind his stoic expression. 

Now would have been a poinient time for the minotaur to speak and explain himself, but he only snorted. However it seemed that Copper's training theory was false.

Just now, Literally Snails said:

The Minotaur let go of Coppers' hoof and looked at his palm. There was no mark in the center of his hand. He seemed disappointed behind his stoic expression. 

Now would have been a poinient time for the minotaur to speak and explain himself, but he only snorted. However it seemed that Copper's training theory was false.

Copper blinked in surprise.  It wasn't training?  His eyes widened as a thought struck him.  Onyx may have wanted to see how tough the Earth Pony was, and he was disappointed in what he saw.

He had an idea, however.  He remembered that he was conditioning his body when he was meditating, and he smirked at Onyx.  "Let me show how much of a tank I am instead.  Hit me with every ounce of strength you got."  He got himself ready by extending his hooves to his side, wide open for an attack.

Just now, DwhitetheGamer said:

Copper blinked in surprise.  It wasn't training?  His eyes widened as a thought struck him.  Onyx may have wanted to see how tough the Earth Pony was, and he was disappointed in what he saw.

He had an idea, however.  He remembered that he was conditioning his body when he was meditating, and he smirked at Onyx.  "Let me show how much of a tank I am instead.  Hit me with every ounce of strength you got."  He got himself ready by extending his hooves to his side, wide open for an attack.

Onyx would not honor Copper's request. Striking with every ounce of his strength was an honor he was saving for someone else. But Copper didnt need to know that. Onyx widened his stance with his left hand open and outstretched and his right hand held close to his body in a fist. 

The Minotaur snorted again as a red and green aura swirled around him, creating faint lines that followed the contours of his muscles.

Onyx stepped forward with his right leg while striking forth with his right fist in a powerful strike that cracked like thunder through the air.

Just now, Literally Snails said:

Onyx would not honor Copper's request. Striking with every ounce of his strength was an honor he was saving for someone else. But Copper didnt need to know that. Onyx widened his stance with his left hand open and outstretched and his right hand held close to his body in a fist. 

The Minotaur snorted again as a red and green aura swirled around him, creating faint lines that followed the contours of his muscles.

Onyx stepped forward with his right leg while striking forth with his right fist in a powerful strike that cracked like thunder through the air.

Copper braced for impact, and when it happened, he got sent several meters backwards.  However, he planted his hind legs and slowed to a complete stop, getting up rather easily.  He walked back to the Minotaur and then looked at where he was punched.  The area he was punched at had a large mark from the fist, but the pony was rewarded with only a small bruise that was easily repairable.

He looked up at Onyx.  "That actually hurt a bit," he said.  "I could tell that wasn't all you got, but I'll take it either way.  I honestly was about to ask someone to punch me and help test my body for this tournament, so thank you."

@Dynamo Pad @reader8363

Inside the gym noises of equipment being moved and used. Viridi was in there lifting weights with her talons, her tail swishing around in different patterns in the air "Got to keep it loose for next fight." dropping the weights they clanged on the floor as she moved her neck around cracking it some "Whew." she turned and grabbed a water bottle

Canteen chased after Dynamo still before he lost his footing after a pony he tried to ram through tripped him. Getting up he looked around seeing Dynamo was now way ahead of him...taking off back after him "DONT WORRY I'LL INTRODUCE MY HOOVES TO YOUR FACE, RIBS, AND OTHER MAJOR ORGANS!"

Looking around he got surprised as somepony was running up to him, diving to the ground Dynamo had jumped over him. Looking up he saw Dynamo he began to scoot away some scared. His thoughts about how this pony just came and found him again, Canteen wasnt around to help he closed his eyes and covered his head with his hooves shaking now

Canteen came out to the arena to see Melio there covering up as Dynamo was near him. Rushing over to Melio he stood in front of him glaring at Dynamo "So you couldnt just let me hit you a few dozen times...break a few bones and stab you in the kidney with the horn I tore off that female unicorn but NOOOOOOO you go and find my brother to torment him."

• Brohoof 1

41 minutes ago, Arid_Blitz said:

Canteen chased after Dynamo still before he lost his footing after a pony he tried to ram through tripped him. Getting up he looked around seeing Dynamo was now way ahead of him...taking off back after him "DONT WORRY I'LL INTRODUCE MY HOOVES TO YOUR FACE, RIBS, AND OTHER MAJOR ORGANS!"

Looking around he got surprised as somepony was running up to him, diving to the ground Dynamo had jumped over him. Looking up he saw Dynamo he began to scoot away some scared. His thoughts about how this pony just came and found him again, Canteen wasnt around to help he closed his eyes and covered his head with his hooves shaking now

Canteen came out to the arena to see Melio there covering up as Dynamo was near him. Rushing over to Melio he stood in front of him glaring at Dynamo "So you couldnt just let me hit you a few dozen times...break a few bones and stab you in the kidney with the horn I tore off that female unicorn but NOOOOOOO you go and find my brother to torment him."

As Dynamo had noticed Canteen had entered the stadium, he sighed as he stopped chasing the blue unicorn. The peace was short lived as Canteen ran over to Melio, before glaring at him. Dynamo had a deadpanned expression from what Canteen was telling him. "Uh...so what just happened?" He didn't think that Canteen would go this far, but it gave Dynamo a chance to explain. "Okay, now please just wait a minute. Just let me explain what was going on." He took a deep breath as he tried to gather his thoughts. He knew he would have to be careful as he didn't want to start any trouble.

"Okay, so here's what really happened. I was in the hall looking for my team. I ran into an old friend. The blue earth pony, who was with me in the main lobby. We were going to catch up on the old times, but I closed my eyes and I wasn't watching where I was going. That's when Melio and I both turned around a corner and bumped into each other. He seemed to have been in a hurry, so we both fell to the ground. I immediately apologized and offered a hoof to help him up. However, he freaked out at the sight of me and quickly ran off. I don't know the reason, but I can promise that I would never hurt him or anyone else. True, I fight in my matches, but I would never hurt anyone outside a match. At any rate, I've never eliminated anyone and I don't plan on it." He says as he spoke with nothing, but honesty and sincerity in his voice. "All I wanted to do was to see if he was okay and ask if he wanted to be friends. I really mean no harm, Canteen. Your brother seems like a really nice guy and not like a lot of creatures I've met throughout the tournament. Not only that, but as he left, Melio dropped this notepad. I called out to him, but he was long gone."

He took the notepad out of his jacket pocket, before levitating the notepad over to Melio and Canteen. "I wasn't trying to keep the notepad, or anything like that. I was hoping to find Melio later and give him back the notepad. It seemed like this was important to him, so I wanted to make sure that he would get his notepad back. I wouldn't throw it away or keep it to myself. I was hoping that I could see him again to apologize in person." He says, bowing before the two of them, while still being on the ring. "I'm really sorry we bumped into each other, Melio and I hope you weren't hurt. Please accept the notepad, as well as my apology." He says, before standing up from his bow.

• Brohoof 1

@Arid_Blitz

Rose's ear flicked to the sound and said as she just noticed the griffin, "I didn't know you were here and your looking comfortable with the machine, so I'm guessing that you haven't just found this place" she noticed the water bottle and decided not to do anything to it since it would be cheap.

10 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Tricis stopped in the open grove, so far away from the others that the two of them couldn't hear any commotion. "I'll start by telling you what I know about him." She said. "Do you still remember what I asked you on the second day of the tournament? When I asked you about a warrior's duty to acquire strength. Do you remember your answer?"

Jade stopped and faced Tricis in the grove. She nodded slowly.

"I wish to become stronger so that I may protect those I care about. But not by anypony's sacrifice."

9 hours ago, DwhitetheGamer said:

Copper braced for impact, and when it happened, he got sent several meters backwards.  However, he planted his hind legs and slowed to a complete stop, getting up rather easily.  He walked back to the Minotaur and then looked at where he was punched.  The area he was punched at had a large mark from the fist, but the pony was rewarded with only a small bruise that was easily repairable.

He looked up at Onyx.  "That actually hurt a bit," he said.  "I could tell that wasn't all you got, but I'll take it either way.  I honestly was about to ask someone to punch me and help test my body for this tournament, so thank you."

The minotaur stood back upright. There were a few blotches of blood on his knuckles as he unfurled his fist. Then he looked at copper one last time, and without a word he turned around and walked back to the hotel.

1 hour ago, Unicorncob said:

Jade stopped and faced Tricis in the grove. She nodded slowly.

"I wish to become stronger so that I may protect those I care about. But not by anypony's sacrifice."

"That's not what you said," Tricis corrected. "You said nothing was worse than doing nothing. You said if you were strong enough to do the right thing, you would get stronger. Jade Lotus, in that moment you sounded exactly like Rokata."

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

The minotaur stood back upright. There were a few blotches of blood on his knuckles as he unfurled his fist. Then he looked at copper one last time, and without a word he turned around and walked back to the hotel.

Copper grunted as he watched Onyx go back to the hotel.  He could tell he wasn't one to talk, but that was fine.  There were a few silent ponies and creatures he had seen and faced off against when he was a mercenary, and they did pack quite a punch.  He was overall pleased with the results of his training, though.  Taking a punch head-on like what he took from Onyx wasn't one to be taken lightly, so he had to make sure he was ready for his match.

Suddenly his eyes widened as he remembered something.  "I remember telling them about my Sonic Pole, so I hope it's in there.  I need to freshen up my skills." he said to himself before making his way back there.  He trotted to one of the clerks and said, "My name is Copper Strikes.  Can you tell me where my room is, please?"

6 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

"That's not what you said," Tricis corrected. "You said nothing was worse than doing nothing. You said if you were strong enough to do the right thing, you would get stronger. Jade Lotus, in that moment you sounded exactly like Rokata."

Jade narrowed her eyes and looked aside, flicking her tail. She should have known better than to think Tricis would have forgotten, but truthfully she was trying to forget herself that she had said that.

"I've gotten some perspective since then."

11 hours ago, Unicorncob said:

Jade narrowed her eyes and looked aside, flicking her tail. She should have known better than to think Tricis would have forgotten, but truthfully she was trying to forget herself that she had said that.

"I've gotten some perspective since then."

Tricis half smiled while looking at the silent grove. "One more question then before I tell you what I know about him. Do you remember what I said in that conversation? Something I told you I'd explain later."

11 hours ago, DwhitetheGamer said:

Suddenly his eyes widened as he remembered something.  "I remember telling them about my Sonic Pole, so I hope it's in there.  I need to freshen up my skills." he said to himself before making his way back there.  He trotted to one of the clerks and said, "My name is Copper Strikes.  Can you tell me where my room is, please?"

@dragon4111

The clerk gave him a copy of the room key. First room on the left immediately after taking the stairs to the second floor. Drago was likely in the room as well since the meeting with Shining Armor was long since over.

Edited by Literally Snails
  • Brohoof 1

On 2/13/2019 at 9:32 AM, Literally Snails said:

The clerk gave him a copy of the room key. First room on the left immediately after taking the stairs to the second floor. Drago was likely in the room as well since the meeting with Shining Armor was long since over.

Copper took the key and thanked the clerk before heading to the designated room.  He made his way up the stairs to the second floor and then immediately made a left to their room.  After unlocking the door, he opened it and entered the room, looking around for his Sonic Pole.

@Dynamo Pad @reader8363

Viridi looked over to see someone else was in the gym, after drinking some water she bowed her head "Yeah I found it the other day, nice quiet area to train, keep in shape, and Canteen hasnt found me here yet so it is nice to be away from him." she chuckled as she set her water down tilting her head "Wait arent you a fighter in the tournament?"

Canteen was still in front of Melio as his brother was holding onto him. After the info was given and notepad was given back Canteen grumbled some before looking at Dynamo "Awww that isnt fair. My hooves were allll ready to be introduced to your face." he patted Melio on the head looking at him "Ok well I suppose if Melio is ok with you I can not hurt you...for now least in front of him. Maaayyybe when you are sleeping in your room, I'll be under your bed waiting to grab your hind leg and drag you under the bed."

Melio took his notepad and opened it up, looking at it he took out a pen writing on it "Thank You" showing it to Dynamo then wrote again on it "My name is Melio...this is my brother Canteen. Canteen isnt as bad as he comes off...he would probably fall asleep under your bed waiting."

Looking at the writing he rolled his eyes Canteen looking at Melio "Hey dont tell him that, he could get the upper hoof on me while I sleep under his bed." he took out his inhaler and tried to inhale from it seeing it was empty he pried it open "Damnit...already out. Melio you got more crystals right?" he then looked at Dynamo looking over his jacket "I want your jacket...give me it."

Nodding at the question about crystals he gave a stern look at Canteen about the jacket comment. Reaching up he baps his head, writing on his note pad "That isnt nice Canteen. That is his jacket..use that one I saw you in yesterday. That female unicorn had it."

• Brohoof 1

12 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Tricis half smiled while looking at the silent grove. "One more question then before I tell you what I know about him. Do you remember what I said in that conversation? Something I told you I'd explain later."

Jade nodded slowly, the conversation resurfacing in her memory. "Absolutes are only used by fools who can't make judgements for themselves."

• Brohoof 1

@DwhitetheGamer@Literally Snails

Draco was currently with weights upon his for hoofs and legs. and around him middle as well hanging upside down on a pole strapped to it by his hind legs. he was currently in the middle of training his cores a small fire pit with a large enough to reach up to the pegasus. If he kept to only his front his back would burn. and viceversa.

• Brohoof 1

58 minutes ago, Unicorncob said:

Jade nodded slowly, the conversation resurfacing in her memory. "Absolutes are only used by fools who can't make judgements for themselves."

"No," Tricis corrected. "Before that. I told you that there was something you didn't know. Something that would make you respect me less. Here it is." Tricis never made eye contact with Jade, looking off at the windy glave as a cool breeze swept by, disturbing the grass. "I suspect you wouldn't be here if it wasn't for me. Perhaps none of these events would have transpired."

Spoiler

"I told you Rokata isn't his name, correct? He gave that name to himself, but I once knew him as someone else. It doesn't matter what that name was. He isn't that same stallion any more. You did not know him as he was, so that name would be meaningless to you. This all happened so long ago your mother was still in grade school.

Rokata's father was a great warrior, but beyond that he was a teacher who taught his students that honor and the preservation of life were to be held above all things. Rokata was a young stallion back then, but he was quickly becoming as strong as his father. His mother nurtured him while his father taught him all he knew. I was one of his instructors as well. His father and I founded a dojo together. We trained dozens of students at a time, many of them going on to greatness, but none of them coming close to Rokata in either might nor moral aptitude. He was a brilliant boy with a strong sense of right and wrong, though perhaps too simplistic.

The ponies, we trained to become hunters of monsters and demons, royal guards, heroes. Soon our fame stretched beyond Equestria, and those who sought to harm the innocent feared us. One day Rokata and I left the dojo on a mission.

That day was when his world was destroyed.

A band of monstrous creatures commanded by a powerful griffon named Thuum attacked the dojo when we were away. They knew we weren't there. They were trying to send a message. His father tried to stop them but was overwhelmed. They slew him and proceeded to massacre the other students who couldn't defend themselves. Many of them were younger than you. Some of them far younger.

The message was received clearly when we arrived. Something broke in Rokata's mind. He flew into a rage, tried to kill Thuum as he left the scene, but he was easily beaten down, broken. I tried to rebuild, to continue his father's legacy, but he kept telling me that there was no point. He even told me what happened was right!"

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The memory was still clear in Tricis's mind, Rokata's younger self standing in front of a memorial she made. His expression was sullen, contemplative. "If we were meant to save them, we would have been stronger. Their existence was a cruel joke. Even father who devoted his life to pursuing strength didn't have what it took to defend his own life."

Rokata knelt down at Tricis' hooves and started to cry, "Everything he taught me was proven wrong that day. We can't be heroes. Just strong enough to think we can make a difference before it's all taken away! There's no point in that life!"

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"He grew more distant for months, withdrawn. One day he vanished suddenly. His mother was worried to death of losing the last thing she had left. All my attempts to find him were futile, until one day he returned with the severed head of Thuum. He was even more different than before, more like the stallion you know him to be today. He was also lost, sad, suffering. It didn't show on his face but I could feel it in his soul."

Rokata stood across from Tricis, dropping the head on the ground. "I've learned what you never had the will to teach."

Tricis sensed a powerful darkness in his soul. Something else was inside of Rokata, something that he let in. "You idiot! What have you done to yourself!?" Tricis demanded, tears flowing from her eyes.

"Come with me, let me show you how to save yourself from pain," Rokata offered a hoof to Tricis. "You will never be helpless again."

Tricis felt another breeze roll by as she took a deep breath. "That was when he needed me the most. He was so lost, and in my heart I knew it. I told him to go to Hell and never come back."

Edited by Literally Snails
  • Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Literally Snails said:

"No," Tricis corrected. "Before that. I told you that there was something you didn't know. Something that would make you respect me less. Here it is." Tricis never made eye contact with Jade, looking off at the windy glave as a cool breeze swept by, disturbing the grass. "I suspect you wouldn't be here if it wasn't for me. Perhaps none of these events would have transpired."

Reveal hidden contents

"I told you Rokata isn't his name, correct? He gave that name to himself, but I once knew him as someone else. It doesn't matter what that name was. He isn't that same stallion any more. You did not know him as he was, so that name would be meaningless to you. This all happened so long ago your mother was still in grade school.

Rokata's father was a great warrior, but beyond that he was a teacher who taught his students that honor and the preservation of life were to be held above all things. Rokata was a young stallion back then, but he was quickly becoming as strong as his father. His mother nurtured him while his father taught him all he knew. I was one of his instructors as well. His father and I founded a dojo together. We trained dozens of students at a time, many of them going on to greatness, but none of them coming close to Rokata in either might nor moral aptitude. He was a brilliant boy with a strong sense of right and wrong, though perhaps too simplistic.

The ponies, we trained to become hunters of monsters and demons, royal guards, heroes. Soon our fame stretched beyond Equestria, and those who sought to harm the innocent feared us. One day Rokata and I left the dojo on a mission.

That day was when his world was destroyed.

A band of monstrous creatures commanded by a powerful griffon named Thuum attacked the dojo when we were away. They knew we weren't there. They were trying to send a message. His father tried to stop them but was overwhelmed. They slew him and proceeded to massacre the other students who couldn't defend themselves. Many of them were younger than you. Some of them far younger.

The message was received clearly when we arrived. Something broke in Rokata's mind. He flew into a rage, tried to kill Thuum as he left the scene, but he was easily beaten down, broken. I tried to rebuild, to continue his father's legacy, but he kept telling me that there was no point. He even told me what happened was right!

The memory was still clear in Tricis's mind, Rokata's younger self standing in front of a memorial she made. His expression was sullen, contemplative. "If we were meant to save them, we would have been stronger. Their existence was a cruel joke. Even father who devoted his life to pursuing strength didn't have what it took to defend his own life."

Rokata knelt down at Tricis' hooves and started to cry, "Everything he taught me was proven wrong that day. We can't be heroes. Just strong enough to think we can make a difference before it's all taken away! There's no point in that life!"

"He grew more distant for months, withdrawn. One day he vanished suddenly. His mother was worried to death of losing the last thing she had left. All my attempts to find him were futile, until one day he returned with the severed head of Thuum. He was even more different than before, more like the stallion you know him to be today. He was also lost, sad, suffering. It didn't show on his face but I could feel it in his soul."

Rokata stood across from Tricis, dropping the head on the ground. "I've learned what you never had the will to teach."

Tricis sensed a powerful darkness in his soul. Something else was inside of Rokata, something that he let in. "You idiot! What have you done to yourself!?" Tricis demanded, tears flowing from her eyes.

"Come with me, let me show you how to save yourself from pain," Rokata offered a hoof to Tricis. "You will never be helpless again."

Tricis felt another breeze roll by as she took a deep breath. "I told him to go to Hell and never come back."

Jade listened intently to Tricis's explanation, biting her lip and swallowing throughout. She never would have expected that Rokata was one of Tricis's students, just like her.

You sounded like Rokata, Tricis's voice replayed in her head. Her ears lowered, as that new implication filled her with dread. This tournament had let a darkness out of her, and if she couldn't control it, she could end up like him.

She would never let that happen.

"He turned into a monster over a coward's attack on children," she muttered, her voice laced with disgust. She looked up at Tricis, staring at the back of her head. "Do you see the same darkness inside me, too?"

5 hours ago, Arid_Blitz said:

Canteen was still in front of Melio as his brother was holding onto him. After the info was given and notepad was given back Canteen grumbled some before looking at Dynamo "Awww that isnt fair. My hooves were allll ready to be introduced to your face." he patted Melio on the head looking at him "Ok well I suppose if Melio is ok with you I can not hurt you...for now least in front of him. Maaayyybe when you are sleeping in your room, I'll be under your bed waiting to grab your hind leg and drag you under the bed."

Melio took his notepad and opened it up, looking at it he took out a pen writing on it "Thank You" showing it to Dynamo then wrote again on it "My name is Melio...this is my brother Canteen. Canteen isnt as bad as he comes off...he would probably fall asleep under your bed waiting."

Looking at the writing he rolled his eyes Canteen looking at Melio "Hey dont tell him that, he could get the upper hoof on me while I sleep under his bed." he took out his inhaler and tried to inhale from it seeing it was empty he pried it open "Damnit...already out. Melio you got more crystals right?" he then looked at Dynamo looking over his jacket "I want your jacket...give me it."

Nodding at the question about crystals he gave a stern look at Canteen about the jacket comment. Reaching up he baps his head, writing on his note pad "That isnt nice Canteen. That is his jacket..use that one I saw you in yesterday. That female unicorn had it."

Dynamo closed his eyes and stood there. He honestly didn't believe Canteen would say such a statement. However, he had to understand that this was Canteen being himself. "I'm sorry about that, but I'm glad that everything had worked out, in the end." He looked to Canteen, while his eyes widened on his remark. "How about let's not and say you did? I get that you want to hurt me, but let's save that for the tournament. Seeing how it looks like your interested in fighting me."

He looked to Melio, who took out a pen and began to write upon his notepad. As he saw what Melio wrote, Dynamo smiled and nodded with a kind smile. "You're welcome, Melio. It's nice to meet you both. My name is Dynamo Pad, but you can call me Dynamo. I hope we can become really great friends." As he read the last part of what Melio wrote, he held back a chuckle as he imagined that possibility. "I can see what you mean. I guess he would only do that because he wants to protect you. It sounds to me like you have a pretty awesome older brother."

Dynamo shook his head, while turning his attention towards Canteen. "I wouldn't try to attack you, while you were sleeping or anything like that. I want to fight you to the best of my abilities. I also want to see what you've got." Even as he talked, there was still one thing that bothered Dynamo. "There's just one thing I don't get. What are you interested in me for? In the beginning, I remember you were looking for both my captain and who you called grandma. Weren't they the one's that you wanted to fight?" He asks, while keeping a neutral expression of the mention to crystals. 'Crystals? What in Equestria does he need crystals for? For that matter, why is this connected to his inhaler?' He tried to piece everything together, but he stopped as Canteen asked for his jacket. "I-I hope you can understand that I-I can't give up the jacket. It's just...this is something my father gave me." He says, walking over to the edge of the ring. He stopped in his tracks, before taking a seat on the edge of the stadium floor. "He made this for me when I gained my cutie mark. I went through a lot back in my hometown and he wanted to congratulate me. This is all I have to remember him for." He sighed softly, looking down at his attire, while gripping his jacket. He looked up as he heard a hitting sound, which was Melio hitting Canteen. He was confused, until he saw the writing on the notepad. He smiled as he nodded a 'thank you' to Melio's concern.

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Unicorncob said:

"He turned into a monster over a coward's attack on children," she muttered, her voice laced with disgust. She looked up at Tricis, staring at the back of her head. "Do you see the same darkness inside me, too?"

"No, he isn't a monster, not quite. Or at least, not as you would describe one," Tricis explained. This time, she looked at Jade. "His mind has become a complicated maze that I cannot navigate. His decisions are a puzzling mix of what he wants to do, what he believes is right, and what he believes he needs to do, and I don't think he can tell the difference anymore. I don't know what his boss Rail wants. Perhaps he's a monster, but Rokata is too complicated for that label. To tell you the truth, I don't think he wants to do the things he does."

Tricis remembered the last thing he said to her, word's she wouldn't forget. "I will only live a life that is proven correct. If this is it, then so be it."

"He has done horrible things. Killed ponies he did not hate. Slaughtered whole settlements for coin he did not want. He's a teacher himself now, spreading his confused ideology to warriors he believes are worth living. That is probably where he got his team. He's caused so much pain, but he's hurting no one more than himself."

She looked up at the horizon, the sun was beginning to set. "This is the great tragedy of what he is. The good in him is still there, it's part of what has created what he is now. But he's no longer driven by what he wants to do. Perhaps he's trying to prove himself right. Perhaps he's trying to find someone to prove him wrong."

• Brohoof 1

@Literally Snails

"Aha, there it is," Copper said with a smile, finding his Sonic Pole.  Currently it was sheathed in a scabbard-like way.  He picked up the sheathed pole and trotted out of the hotel room, locking the door behind him so that nopony would be able to get in.

Afterwards he headed back outside, going to another open area close by, where he could be seen by any contestant or staff member.  After checking to see that nopony was around, which there wasn't anypony to be seen, he unsheathed his pole, extended it by about 2 feet from its' initial size, then began training.  He started his practice slowly at first, making sure his attacks were where they were meant to be, before picking up the pace little by little.

19 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

"No, he isn't a monster, not quite. Or at least, not as you would describe one," Tricis explained. This time, she looked at Jade. "His mind has become a complicated maze that I cannot navigate. His decisions are a puzzling mix of what he wants to do, what he believes is right, and what he believes he needs to do, and I don't think he can tell the difference anymore. I don't know what his boss Rail wants. Perhaps he's a monster, but Rokata is too complicated for that label. To tell you the truth, I don't think he wants to do the things he does."

Tricis remembered the last thing he said to her, word's she wouldn't forget. "I will only live a life that is proven correct. If this is it, then so be it."

"He has done horrible things. Killed ponies he did not hate. Slaughtered whole settlements for coin he did not want. He's a teacher himself now, spreading his confused ideology to warriors he believes are worth living. That is probably where he got his team. He's caused so much pain, but he's hurting no one more than himself."

She looked up at the horizon, the sun was beginning to set. "This is the great tragedy of what he is. The good in him is still there, it's part of what has created what he is now. But he's no longer driven by what he wants to do. Perhaps he's trying to prove himself right. Perhaps he's trying to find someone to prove him wrong."

Jade took a deep breath, taking in the implications of Tricis's words. "You think I am that someone?"

She was a little concerned at how she hadn't answered her earlier question.

4 minutes ago, Unicorncob said:

Jade took a deep breath, taking in the implications of Tricis's words. "You think I am that someone?"

She was a little concerned at how she hadn't answered her earlier question.

Spoiler

Tricis' response was likely unexpected. "No, of course not." Tricis answered bluntly. You can't be. A pony is nothing but what she does. You havent done a thing to Rokata."

Tricis looked away again, thoughtfully. "You're worried you're similar to him aren't you? Yes, you are. I suspect that that's part of the reason both he and I are interested in you." 

Tricis paused in thought. She lowered her head for a moment and turned back to Jade. "He will try to persuade you. He will ask you to be like him. I don't even know if he wants you to live his life. I doubt he does, but he will still try to convince you. It may even make sense to you."

Tricis shut her eyes and looked away as a single tear slipped from her eye lids, she seemed to be shaking. "He is a spoiled foal who didn't get what he wanted! In chasing a child's fantacy he threw away everything he wanted to protect, stripped himself of happiness in some misguided penance! Rokata was so scared of his own weakness that he threw it away along with his very soul! You have to promise me one thing. Before I give you your final test, before I give you a chance to defeat him. Promise me you will never listen to a single word he says!"

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Literally Snails said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Tricis' response was likely unexpected. "No, of course not." Tricis answered bluntly. You can't be. A pony is nothing but what she does. You havent done a thing to Rokata."

Tricis looked away again, thoughtfully. "You're worried you're similar to him aren't you? Yes, you are. I suspect that that's part of the reason both he and I are interested in you." 

Tricis paused in thought. She lowered her head for a moment and turned back to Jade. "He will try to persuade you. He will ask you to be like him. I don't even know if he wants you to live his life. I doubt he does, but he will still try to convince you. It may even make sense to you."

Tricis shut her eyes and looked away as a single tear slipped from her eye lids, she seemed to be shaking. "He is a spoiled foal who didn't get what he wanted! In chasing a child's fantacy he threw away everything he wanted to protect, stripped himself of happiness in some misguided penance! Rokata was so scared of his own weakness that he threw it away along with his very soul! You have to promise me one thing. Before I give you your final test, before I give you a chance to defeat him. Promise me you will never listen to a single word he says!"

Jade bit her lip, not liking the idea of being similar to Rokata in any way apart from being a fellow pony.

Her ears flattened against her head from Tricis's sudden outburst. She had never seen her so emotional before, especially to the point where tears were shed.

But, she already needed little convincing to make such a promise, so her response was immediate. She bowed her head to her teacher. "I will never be like him."