Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Everfree Dark Tournament RP

Literally Snails

6 hours ago, Arid_Blitz said:

Canteen left Melio in the care of Dynamo and his friend giving a warning of if something happened they would die. Finding Defiant at the bar he dragged him with to the buffet, Defiant didnt even fight knowing how Canteen was "Come along now, gotta get some food in ya. If we dont you wont be any good tomorrow and I'll have to fight twice." he began to walk over to where Dynamo and Copper was as Melio had a plate for Canteen and himself "Ah thanks Melio. Defiant this is Copper and Dynamo.." he said before munching on his food

Defiant followed Canteen to the table clutching a bottle of gin in his left hoof. As he came to the table he bowed his head to the two "I'm Defiant..." he looked at both Copper and Dynamo as he set up glasses on the table. He set the gin down to grab food and a bottle of tonic water returning to the table he poured Gin into the glasses with some tonic "Go on ask every pony or other creature does. "Oh My what happened to your wing?" Or "Were you born deformed or did you have an accident?" he chuckled as he ate some pasta and meatballs "Come on with the questions.." he slide a glass over to Copper and Dynamo "Drink up, we are all "Friends" here so...drink be merry..."

@DwhitetheGamer

Dynamo nodded at the warning Canteen gave him when he and Copper were to care for Melio. As he sat with his oldest friend and new friend at the table, he waited patiently for Canteen to return. He knew it was rude to start eating without the others, so it couldn't be helped. As Canteen had returned, he had brought along the Pegasus, who had fought earlier that day. He remembered Melio was the one who teamed up with this Pegasus in the tag team match. Dynamo had returned the bow and nodded at Defiant. "It's nice to meet you Defiant. As Canteen had stated, my name is Dynamo." He says, while Defiant had begun to pour glasses of gin for each of them. The gaming unicorn tilted his head at Defiant's remark, before shaking his head. "I did notice the one wing, but I wasn't really going to bring anything up. I was going to ask if it was okay to ask you." He says, not wanting to be rude to the Pegasus. "At first, I would have said you might have been in some accident. However, there's probably more to it than that, right?" He noted, remembering all the other type of competitors he and the others have gone up against. Dynamo began to eat his dinner, but looked up as Defiant passed him and Copper the glasses. "Oh, I'm sorry, but I'm not much of a drinker. Thank you though and I do appreciate the offer." He says, not wanting to mess himself up before the next round. He did levitate a glass of soda he poured himself and took a sip. 

• Brohoof 1

12 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

"Good job, you took it out of the sheath," Tricis feigned. "Though perhaps I should actually be impressed. You didn't do much of that during your fights. Now, why don't you do what I told you and use it the way you learned to when you and I first trained together. Imbue the blade with your magical energy."

Jade rolled her eyes at Tricis's comment, and looked down at her blade. She could channel her energy through her body, but she never thought to use her sword before. Maybe...?

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, trying to move the aura into the hilt, then the blade...

• Brohoof 1

13 hours ago, Unicorncob said:

Jade rolled her eyes at Tricis's comment, and looked down at her blade. She could channel her energy through her body, but she never thought to use her sword before. Maybe...?

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, trying to move the aura into the hilt, then the blade...

The sword started to glow with a red aura, imbued with her energy signature and shining more brightly than her hooves ever had. Tricis nodded as she said, "Good! Good! You remembered. And even with the cuffs on, you have enough energy to do it. That's a good sign."

• Brohoof 1

@Arid_Blitz @Dynamo Pad

Copper watched with a smile as his new friends and rivals ate together.  He knows he's a mercenary, but deep inside he had a soft spot for friendship like this.  Even though they were in two competing teams that will be against each other in tomorrow's match, it was more of a blessing to become friendly rivals instead of bitter enemies.

"Drink and be merry indeed," he chuckled as he took a sip of his sweet tea, rejecting the glasses of alcohol.  "Don't drink too much, Melio and Defiant.  I don't wanna face a hungover pony."

• Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

The sword started to glow with a red aura, imbued with her energy signature and shining more brightly than her hooves ever had. Tricis nodded as she said, "Good! Good! You remembered. And even with the cuffs on, you have enough energy to do it. That's a good sign."

Jade took another deep breath as she focused her energy into her sword, her blade still glowing red. She tried to spread out her legs in a combat pose, to prove that she could within the confines of the cuffs.

• Brohoof 1

On 2/20/2019 at 5:08 PM, dragon4111 said:

@Literally Snails

Hmm well your power must come in handy right?" Draco asked Dai with a raised eyebrow. He hummed to himself slightly as he shared his s'more with Dai. He smiled slightly as he looked around. "It's very beauiful out though," Draco said quietly.

((Sorry! I completely missed this))

Spoiler

"Sure, it does," Dai said as she rolled on her back, looking up at the darkening sky. She flicked her tail and tilted her head to look back at Draco. "Just, what is it you think we're doing Draco? If you don't die tomorrow, you'll die in the finals. And if you don't die in the finals, you'll still die when I'm still young. I'll probably forget about you, you know."

@Unicorncob

Tricis kept barking orders at Jade. Every time she completed a task the right way, Tricis gave her a new one. And with the cuffs on, the training was becoming exhausting rapidly. The orders continued late into the evening.

"Keep going!" She shouted. "Keep the sword up. Hold your guard. Strike that rock! I'm not giving my final test to a sissy, you know!"

@reader8363 @Dynamo Pad @Arid_Blitz @DwhitetheGamer
The sky blackened as the sun set over the hills. The day was winding down, leading into an important day tomorrow. The first day of the semi-finals.

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad @DwhitetheGamer

Melio listened to the convo as he smiled at Defiant, writing down "Be nice we are not in the arena." he then wrote again as he ate a bit more "After he tells you of his wing tell me how you two know each other Dynamo."

Canteen was eating as he heard Defiant being...well Defiant. Chuckling at it as he stuffed his face he grabbed one of the gins seeing neither Dynamo or Copper wanted them, drinking it down "Oh come now a drink wont kill you...I will or Defiant but surely not a drink."

Drinking another gin and tonic as he heard the responses "If you must know, I lost it in a war. Used it to shield civilians caught in the crossfire." he began to look up to the sky some cracking his neck "I am Arid's body guard and still a high ranking official in Crimo's military. Probably dont know of the fight, Crimos being not officially part of the kingdom we got no support or help. Turn a blind eye to our blight as they tell lies of my kingdom of being a filth encrusted crime filled kingdom." he took another drink before seeing the bottle was empty he flung it to the ground sending glass shards everywhere

• Brohoof 1

@Literally Snails

Draco chuckled and said "I'll make sure you'll remember me," Draco smirked at her. "Because when I die and I become a diamond my lady I would have my guild give it to you," Draco said with a chuckle. he smiled at her gently. He then pinned her down. "You do look quite beautiful," he said as he then kissed her passionately.

• Brohoof 1

On 2/23/2019 at 5:20 PM, Arid_Blitz said:

Melio listened to the convo as he smiled at Defiant, writing down "Be nice we are not in the arena." he then wrote again as he ate a bit more "After he tells you of his wing tell me how you two know each other Dynamo."

Canteen was eating as he heard Defiant being...well Defiant. Chuckling at it as he stuffed his face he grabbed one of the gins seeing neither Dynamo or Copper wanted them, drinking it down "Oh come now a drink wont kill you...I will or Defiant but surely not a drink."

Drinking another gin and tonic as he heard the responses "If you must know, I lost it in a war. Used it to shield civilians caught in the crossfire." he began to look up to the sky some cracking his neck "I am Arid's body guard and still a high ranking official in Crimo's military. Probably dont know of the fight, Crimos being not officially part of the kingdom we got no support or help. Turn a blind eye to our blight as they tell lies of my kingdom of being a filth encrusted crime filled kingdom." he took another drink before seeing the bottle was empty he flung it to the ground sending glass shards everywhere

@DwhitetheGamer

Dynamo chuckled slightly as Canteen had taken the drink that Defiant had poured for him. He shrugged his shoulders as it wasn't really a loss of his drink. He frowned slightly as he listened to Defiant's history of how he lost his wing. He winced as a bottle was flung to the ground and shattered. "I'm really sorry to hear that, Defiant. I must say that I do respect you. It really shows how far you'd go into protecting teammates and others. Being Arid's bodyguard must mean that you're Canteen's right hoofed pony for Team Crimos." He says, taking a bite of his food, before turning to Melio. 

"How Copper and I met, huh? Hmm...that definitely takes me back. We originally knew each other back when we were in Fillydelphia. I had just gained my cutie mark at the time and my parents wanted me to learn to defend myself. My old teacher had told me that violence wasn't the answer, but my parents didn't want me to just follow that moral code. So, they enrolled me in a fighting dojo. It was there that I had met Canteen, but we weren't exactly friends, at first." He says, turning to his friend sitting next to him. "How long ago was it when we met each other, Copper? Also, you can jump into the story at any time. Since this story involves you too, my friend." He smiled, glancing out the window to see that night time was approaching. He knew he would have to finish up quickly if he was going to train with Copper. 

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

16 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Tricis kept barking orders at Jade. Every time she completed a task the right way, Tricis gave her a new one. And with the cuffs on, the training was becoming exhausting rapidly. The orders continued late into the evening.

"Keep going!" She shouted. "Keep the sword up. Hold your guard. Strike that rock! I'm not giving my final test to a sissy, you know!"

Another swift slash from Jade's sword struck the rock, though her speed had diminished in the hours she'd spent training in the cuffs. Her head hung low as she wheezed for air, sweat dripping into the grass, legs begging her to stop.

She shook her head and held up her sword to block.

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

"How Copper and I met, huh? Hmm...that definitely takes me back. We originally knew each other back when we were in Fillydelphia. I had just gained my cutie mark at the time and my parents wanted me to learn to defend myself. My old teacher had told me that violence wasn't the answer, but my parents didn't want me to just follow that moral code. So, they enrolled me in a fighting dojo. It was there that I had met Canteen, but we weren't exactly friends, at first." He says, turning to his friend sitting next to him. "How long ago was it when we met each other, Copper? Also, you can jump into the story at any time. Since this story involves you too, my friend." He smiled, glancing out the window to see that night time was approaching. He knew he would have to finish up quickly if he was going to train with Copper. 

@Arid_Blitz

Copper saw the sun starting to set in the distance, signalling the start of night time was upon them.  He looked back at Dynamo with a smile, sat back on his chair, and said, "Freaking yikes.  I remember us both being colts when we started training, and when my parents moved us to Fillydelphia for a few years, and I took it as an opportunity to learn how to defend myself...."

========

As he spoke about his past, we flashback to a younger Copper Strikes at the doorstep of Master Twinkle's dojo in Fillydelphia.  The colt was rather excited to be able to defend himself, as well as learning how to act quickly.  There was plenty of time to talk with other ponies, but one of them caught his interest.  He saw a Unicorn playing with a deck of cards.  He walked over to the pony and said, "Why hello there.  What'cha playing?"

• Brohoof 1

9 hours ago, DwhitetheGamer said:

Copper saw the sun starting to set in the distance, signalling the start of night time was upon them.  He looked back at Dynamo with a smile, sat back on his chair, and said, "Freaking yikes.  I remember us both being colts when we started training, and when my parents moved us to Fillydelphia for a few years, and I took it as an opportunity to learn how to defend myself...."

========

As he spoke about his past, we flashback to a younger Copper Strikes at the doorstep of Master Twinkle's dojo in Fillydelphia.  The colt was rather excited to be able to defend himself, as well as learning how to act quickly.  There was plenty of time to talk with other ponies, but one of them caught his interest.  He saw a Unicorn playing with a deck of cards.  He walked over to the pony and said, "Why hello there.  What'cha playing?"

Dynamo chuckled as he listened to Copper's reaction to their history of friendship. "You can say that again. I think it was when I was around 14 to 15 years old. So, give or take four to five years in the dojo. My parents only enrolled me into defending myself because they thought I should learn to stand up for myself. That, and they didn't think my old teacher's way of handling disputes would always work." He smiled sheepishly, before continuing. "My teacher, Pinball Wizard's, motto would be to settle a problem with a controller and not through physical violence. While that may work in some cases, it won't always work in other times. So, my parents enrolled me into this fighting dojo..."

-Flashback-

As he joined in on the flashback, we arrive at the fighting dojo in the middle of town in Fillydelphia. The dojo belonged to a mare named Twinkle Berry, who was fifth degree black belt. A younger Dynamo Pad had been on the far side of the dojo. He felt nervous as he honestly didn't want to be there. He sighed as he dug through his saddlebag to keep him self preoccupied. He grumbled to himself as he forgot to take his handheld gaming device with him that day. He squinted his eyes as he noticed his deck of trading cards were still with him. They weren't video games, but he could never stop enjoying card games. As he cycled through his deck of cards, he jumped at the voice of a pony next to him. He didn't notice that his deck of cards fell out of his grasp and onto the floor. "Oh, sugarcubes." He says, leaning over to begin picking up his cards. "O-Oh, sorry about that. These are my duel monster's cards. They've been out for a year, or so and it's pretty fun. I wasn't exactly playing, but I forgot I had them on me. H-Have you heard of the game?" He asks, looking up to the pony who was talking to him.

• Brohoof 1

11 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

-Flashback-

As he joined in on the flashback, we arrive at the fighting dojo in the middle of town in Fillydelphia. The dojo belonged to a mare named Twinkle Berry, who was fifth degree black belt. A younger Dynamo Pad had been on the far side of the dojo. He felt nervous as he honestly didn't want to be there. He sighed as he dug through his saddlebag to keep him self preoccupied. He grumbled to himself as he forgot to take his handheld gaming device with him that day. He squinted his eyes as he noticed his deck of trading cards were still with him. They weren't video games, but he could never stop enjoying card games. As he cycled through his deck of cards, he jumped at the voice of a pony next to him. He didn't notice that his deck of cards fell out of his grasp and onto the floor. "Oh, sugarcubes." He says, leaning over to begin picking up his cards. "O-Oh, sorry about that. These are my duel monster's cards. They've been out for a year, or so and it's pretty fun. I wasn't exactly playing, but I forgot I had them on me. H-Have you heard of the game?" He asks, looking up to the pony who was talking to him.

As the explanation in the present day continued, the younger Copper Strikes looked surprised from seeing the deck of cards falling over the floor.  Feeling bad, he helped the unicorn pick up the cards.  "I have heard of it, and I did play a little bit.  Pretty interesting play style the cards do.  And I'm sorry that I startled you.  I didn't mean to, I promise."

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, DwhitetheGamer said:

As the explanation in the present day continued, the younger Copper Strikes looked surprised from seeing the deck of cards falling over the floor.  Feeling bad, he helped the unicorn pick up the cards.  "I have heard of it, and I did play a little bit.  Pretty interesting play style the cards do.  And I'm sorry that I startled you.  I didn't mean to, I promise."

-Flashback-

As he noticed the other colt helping him in picking up the cards, his eyes widened as this colt had known about the cards, as well. "Y-You play duel monster's? I know that some ponies at my school play, but it's rare. I haven't been to any tournaments, but I felt that the game wasn't as popular." He smiled softly and shook his head at the apology. "No need to apologize. I guess I was spaced out. I wasn't really interested in coming here, but my parents were pretty adamant." The younger Dynamo Pad spoke, while almost finished in collecting his cards. As he grabbed the last card on the floor, he noticed that the colt next to him had picked up the other stack. "So..." He slowly says, trying to find the right thing to say. "W-What kind of deck do you play?" 

• Brohoof 1

14 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

-Flashback-

As he noticed the other colt helping him in picking up the cards, his eyes widened as this colt had known about the cards, as well. "Y-You play duel monster's? I know that some ponies at my school play, but it's rare. I haven't been to any tournaments, but I felt that the game wasn't as popular." He smiled softly and shook his head at the apology. "No need to apologize. I guess I was spaced out. I wasn't really interested in coming here, but my parents were pretty adamant." The younger Dynamo Pad spoke, while almost finished in collecting his cards. As he grabbed the last card on the floor, he noticed that the colt next to him had picked up the other stack. "So..." He slowly says, trying to find the right thing to say. "W-What kind of deck do you play?" 

-Present Day-

"Wasn't the deck of cards that you used to play called Yu-Gi-Oh! or something like that?" Copper asked Dynamo.  "I think that's what it was, because I remember that one of the cards that I picked up from the other stack was Silent Magician."

-Flashback-

The colt looked at Dynamo and set the deck of cards near the unicorn so that he could get them for himself.  "I do play it a little," he said.  "My parents and I play it from time to time.  I usually play a Blue Eyes White Dragon deck."

4 hours ago, DwhitetheGamer said:

-Present Day-

"Wasn't the deck of cards that you used to play called Yu-Gi-Oh! or something like that?" Copper asked Dynamo.  "I think that's what it was, because I remember that one of the cards that I picked up from the other stack was Silent Magician."

-Flashback-

The colt looked at Dynamo and set the deck of cards near the unicorn so that he could get them for himself.  "I do play it a little," he said.  "My parents and I play it from time to time.  I usually play a Blue Eyes White Dragon deck."

-Present Day-

Dynamo had taken a break from the memory to take a bite of his dinner. As he chewed and swallowed his bite, he nodded at Copper's question to confirm his thoughts.. "Yeah. The game was officially called Yu-Gi-Oh, but most ponies called it duel monsters." His eyes widened as he remembered the card Copper had mentioned. "Oh! That's right. I forgot I had a Silent Magician. I mostly played Synchro cards since I loved Synchro monsters. That, and I also had a magician deck because Spellcaster's looked cool, in my opinion."

-Flashback- 

Dynamo watched as the colt had set the deck of cards to the side, so he could grab the pile. "Thank you for the help. I really do appreciate it." He says, surprised that someone would help him out like that. He smiled slightly as the colt before him had played the game. "It's nice that you and your parents can spend time together, while playing the card game. My mom and dad think the card game is interesting, but they don't really understand the rules and timings. I usually play with a deck of Synchro Monsters. Other times, I use a deck of spellcaster's. For example, Dark Magician and Dark Magician Girl. As well as the other Magician Girls that work together with Dark Magician Girl."

On 2/23/2019 at 6:45 PM, dragon4111 said:

@Literally Snails

Draco chuckled and said "I'll make sure you'll remember me," Draco smirked at her. "Because when I die and I become a diamond my lady I would have my guild give it to you," Draco said with a chuckle. he smiled at her gently. He then pinned her down. "You do look quite beautiful," he said as he then kissed her passionately.

"Oh, good grief..." Dai said, rolling her eyes. "You flirt like a child, Drac-" She was cut off when he unexpectedly kissed her. At first she was surprised. But then she closed her eyes, allowing it to continue, feeling his weight on her. He probably didn't have long anyway. She could afford him this.

19 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

-Flashback- 

Dynamo watched as the colt had set the deck of cards to the side, so he could grab the pile. "Thank you for the help. I really do appreciate it." He says, surprised that someone would help him out like that. He smiled slightly as the colt before him had played the game. "It's nice that you and your parents can spend time together, while playing the card game. My mom and dad think the card game is interesting, but they don't really understand the rules and timings. I usually play with a deck of Synchro Monsters. Other times, I use a deck of spellcaster's. For example, Dark Magician and Dark Magician Girl. As well as the other Magician Girls that work together with Dark Magician Girl."

"Is it because you're a unicorn?" the young Copper asked the young Dynamo with a bit of a chuckle.  It was a pretty easy joke for Copper to make, seeing that the unicorn is a spellcaster after all.  "I'm sorry.  I couldn't help it.  What's your name, by the way?  Mine's Copper Strikes."

1 hour ago, DwhitetheGamer said:

"Is it because you're a unicorn?" the young Copper asked the young Dynamo with a bit of a chuckle.  It was a pretty easy joke for Copper to make, seeing that the unicorn is a spellcaster after all.  "I'm sorry.  I couldn't help it.  What's your name, by the way?  Mine's Copper Strikes."

Dynamo chuckled and rolled his eyes at the simply joke, but smiled. "You've got that right. I guess I was more fascinated in how the monsters were able to use different spells. That, and it felt like I had magic, in a way." He smiles sadly, before continuing. "You see, I wasn't born with magic. When I was born, the doctor's told me that my horn was a birth defect. Since my horn is curved and not like other unicorns. They said I would either not be able to use magic, or I wouldn't have good magical control." He shook his head as his sad smile turned into a somewhat confident smile. "I recently gained my cutie mark in video games. It was when I had to stand up to some bullies at my school. When I played, I felt like I could flow like the game characters. That, in turn, helped me to find the magic within me. I'm not the best when it comes to using magic. However, I'm hoping to learn as time goes on."

He smiles and shook his head at the apology. "No need to apologize. I thought it was pretty funny. It's also nice to meet you, Copper. My name is Dynamo Pad, but you can call me Dynamo." He says, extending his hoof for Copper to take in a hoof shake. 

• Brohoof 1

Defiant began to get up listening to the story getting bored of it "I'm going to get another bottle of booze...Oh and Copper." he looked over his shoulder at him narrowing his eyes "I know you are a mercenary...I challenge you to a fight tomorrow to show you why...if you ever come for Arid..why you wont live long enough to get close to him." before they could blink he vanished and appeared behind Copper and Dynamo facing away from them walking away

Canteen was listening to the story before seeing Defiant get up and vanish then walk away after making a threat "Oh hey, you must of got on his nerves. Being a Mercenary you make him think Arid is a target and needs to send a message." he chuckled taking a hit off his inhaler "He is being sorta serious...he used more speed I'd say that was about 60 percent of what he can really do." he leaned over the table and patted Copper on the head "It was nice knowing you, best make sure you eat all you can before tomorrow it may be your last meal." he chuckled sitting back down

Watching the interactions he nodded at what Canteen said but changed the subject, writing down on his note pad "It was nice hearing of how you two met. Would you like to duel till we head off? When you talked of Duel Monsters made me wanna do a tag duel with you and Copper. Canteen uses a timelord deck and I use a kuriboh deck."

@Arid_Blitz @Dynamo Pad

Well that killed off the mood that he had.  Copper looked disappointed at Defiant as he made the threat, and when he disappeared the Earth Pony shook his head.  He wasn't really impressed with Defiant's speed, either, mostly because he was disappointed to begin with.  He sighed and looked at Canteen and Melio as he said, "As much as I would love to, I not only don't have my deck with me, but my mood was murdered by your friend.  Tell him that I had no intention to kill off Arid and am only here to be an alternative for one fight.  I'm going to bed, since I've already done enough training for today, on top of being tested by some silent Minotaur, as well."

He got up from his seat and picked up his Sonic Pole.  As he had spoke about his past with Dynamo, he had eaten most of his buffet and is currently comfortably full.  He then trotted out of the building, grumbling a little to himself.

• Brohoof 1

22 hours ago, Arid_Blitz said:

Defiant began to get up listening to the story getting bored of it "I'm going to get another bottle of booze...Oh and Copper." he looked over his shoulder at him narrowing his eyes "I know you are a mercenary...I challenge you to a fight tomorrow to show you why...if you ever come for Arid..why you wont live long enough to get close to him." before they could blink he vanished and appeared behind Copper and Dynamo facing away from them walking away

Canteen was listening to the story before seeing Defiant get up and vanish then walk away after making a threat "Oh hey, you must of got on his nerves. Being a Mercenary you make him think Arid is a target and needs to send a message." he chuckled taking a hit off his inhaler "He is being sorta serious...he used more speed I'd say that was about 60 percent of what he can really do." he leaned over the table and patted Copper on the head "It was nice knowing you, best make sure you eat all you can before tomorrow it may be your last meal." he chuckled sitting back down

Watching the interactions he nodded at what Canteen said but changed the subject, writing down on his note pad "It was nice hearing of how you two met. Would you like to duel till we head off? When you talked of Duel Monsters made me wanna do a tag duel with you and Copper. Canteen uses a timelord deck and I use a kuriboh deck."

Dynamo watched the interaction between Copper and Defiant in silence. It seemed like there was hostility, but he thought everything was peaceful. He blinked as Defiant had disappeared, before reappearing behind him and Copper. He glanced behind him, but turned back and listened to what Canteen had to say. "He used about sixty percent of his speed? I guess he's just about impossibly to track if he goes all out, right?" He asks, wondering how Defiant could be that quick with only one wing. 'He never really said anything on how he could fly that fast. The only thing he told us was how he lost his wing. Nothing more and nothing less. There has to be more to it than that. It didn't seem like he had any weapon to give him that boost of speed.'

He was brought out of his thought as he saw Melio was writing something down for him and Copper to read. He smiled and nods at Melio's thought, before giving a sad smile. "Thank you and I'm glad you liked the story. We sort of found a common interest in playing cards and video games. After some time training from Master Twinkle, Copper had to move away. I haven't seen him again for so long, until I saw him again today. I also would like to play cards, but just like Copper, I left my cards at home. Although, the two deck themes you play are pretty interesting."

8 hours ago, DwhitetheGamer said:

@Arid_Blitz @Dynamo Pad

Well that killed off the mood that he had.  Copper looked disappointed at Defiant as he made the threat, and when he disappeared the Earth Pony shook his head.  He wasn't really impressed with Defiant's speed, either, mostly because he was disappointed to begin with.  He sighed and looked at Canteen and Melio as he said, "As much as I would love to, I not only don't have my deck with me, but my mood was murdered by your friend.  Tell him that I had no intention to kill off Arid and am only here to be an alternative for one fight.  I'm going to bed, since I've already done enough training for today, on top of being tested by some silent Minotaur, as well."

He got up from his seat and picked up his Sonic Pole.  As he had spoke about his past with Dynamo, he had eaten most of his buffet and is currently comfortably full.  He then trotted out of the building, grumbling a little to himself.

Dynamo frowned as he watched Copper get up from his seat and left. He noticed that his old friend had looked annoyed at the exchange of words, but knew that he just needed to cool off. He turned to Canteen and Melio and nodded, before getting out of his seat. "I guess I should do the same and turn in for the night. It was nice getting to know you two and I guess we'll see each other in the ring tomorrow. Let's give it our all and do our best." He says, turning around and making his way out of the dining hall. As he had talked about his past with Copper, the gaming unicorn had finished most of his dinner. He knew he would get some training done, before heading off to bed for the evening.

• Brohoof 1

@Unicorncob

After a long night of exhaustive training, Jade fell asleep on the forest ground outside the cave. The ground around her was surrounded by trees, and Tricis was leaning against one of them, watching Jade wake. After the previous night, she might have been able to sleep for days, but something inside her forced her to wake up. There was a fresh layer of dew on her coat.

@DwhitetheGamer @Dynamo Pad @dragon4111 @Arid_Blitz @reader8363

Spoiler

Snow Frostflame, Dynamo Pad, Draco Omalley, Rose beast and Copper Strikes were waiting in the familiar white room outside the gates to the ring. Shining Armor was standing with them to support his team in Tricis' absence.

Team Crimos was in a similar room on the opposite side of the stadium.

They could hear Topaz outside giving an enthusiastic speech.

Twirling on the ring, Topaz enthusiastically pointed up at the area's large viewscreen where the tournament's roster was on display. "You've made it this far, fans, and now only four years remain in this year's evergreen tournament! We've had enough brutal defeats this year to date even the bloodthirstiest of fans, but four teams still remain and they're ready to kill! Let's take a look at them now!"

The screen flashed to a picture of Team Crimos. The image was taken at the beginning of the tournament, so their dragon was still in the image, and Arid was not. There was a moderate cheer from the crowd. "Team Crimos!"

The screen flashed again and Team Lotus was on display. Copper was absent from the image and it looked like the photo was taken during the first round without them even knowing. The crowd started to boo, but it wasn't as vigorous as before. "Team Lotus!"

The screen flashed again to another team. All five of them were dressed as Royal Guards, three stallions and two mares. There was some more cheering. "Team Forlorn Hope!"

The screen changed one last time to Team Rokata in their typical formation with Rokata in the front, onyx towering in the back, and the shorter fighters on either side. The crowd broke into a furious cheer, chanting their name. "And Team Rokata!"

After the crowds cheering died down, Topaz addressed them again, "But four is still three too many. Let's eliminate one of them now! Will it be Team Lotus?"

The gates to Team Lotus' side of the arena slowly opened.

• Brohoof 1

@Literally Snails @Dynamo Pad @reader8363 @dragon4111 @Arid_Blitz

The first pony to appear past the gate was Copper Strikes.  He looked rather different from yesterday, like all of the happiness he had was thrown away.  There was an air of uneasiness scattered throughout the stadium, though not as bad as Rokata's, as he casually walked up to where he was supposed to go.  He was wearing his usual mercenary outfit, which was a dark blue cloak that had a hoodie, but the hoodie was down so that his face could be revealed.  He also had his Sonic Pole strapped around his back, ready for action.

As he made it to where he was supposed to, he looked at Topaz for a second before gazing around the stadium.  The pony noticed the typical sold-out crowd, but wasn't really in the mood to show off.  He did have a job he had to do after all.  He had the same exact emotionless stare while looking around, then cricked his neck.

Then he thought to himself as he waited.  Killing.  This was something he didn't ask Shining Armor about when he first came here.  It looked as if he had no other choice but to kill, which was fine.  He was a mercenary, so he was used to it.

• Brohoof 1