Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Everfree Dark Tournament RP

Literally Snails

@Unicorncob

"No stop that," Draco stated as he smacked her over the head. "Keep those on. They are draining you and making you  funnel your power throughout your body," Draco stated with a grin on his face. "She told you the release command aye?" Draco asked.

• Brohoof 1

12 hours ago, dragon4111 said:

"No stop that," Draco stated as he smacked her over the head. "Keep those on. They are draining you and making you  funnel your power throughout your body," Draco stated with a grin on his face. "She told you the release command aye?" Draco asked.

Jade narrowed her eyes, ears flopping irritably from the smack. For a split-second, she saw Master Xiang standing in Draco's place. "She did, yes."

Hm, ponies certainly are interesting creatures.

@Unicorncob

"Well if they are draining you it's also making you expand your reserves," Draco stated simply. "Your going to need to release that while your in the ring with Rokata," Draco stated simply. "He won't take anything but your all," he said as he looked at her right in the eyes. he chuckled to himself.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
On 7/6/2019 at 9:14 PM, DwhitetheGamer said:

Copper took a moment to look at the Golden Hoofcuff.  He had a feeling that it might only work for a short period of time, but he had to make sure this thing was strong enough to handle a raging bull.  "Hmm..." he hummed, quietly taking the Hoofcuff.  "How durable is this Hoofcuff, and more importantly, do I use it on his ankles?"

"No no no no no." Tatterhoof said, shaking his head, "It's not for him. It's for you! Observe." He curved his left hoof and slipped the cuff on his foreleg. When it passed his hoof, it locked in place before creating a faint green glow. "This cuff channels the energy of the wearer and materializes something unique to your wavelength and personality. For every wearer, something different is created."

He flicked his leg and a spectral whip shot out from the hoof cuff, smacking against the ground with a loud crack. "For me, I was able to forge one into my cane, but for you, it will probably make something quite different, and probably less spectacular." Tatterhoof slipped the cuff off and gave it to Canteen.

@Dynamo Pad @Unicorncob @dragon4111 @reader8363

Topaz's ears perked up as she heard something in her earpiece. She jumped up on all fours and announced, "Yes, I've just gotten word, fans! This is the moment you've been waiting for! I present to you, team Rokata!" She gestured widely to the far end of the stadium as the massive doors slowly opened.

The crowds started cheering, cheering so loud that even Rose, Jade and Draco could hear them from outside the arena.

"RO-KA-TA! RO-KA-TA! RO-KA-TA!"

Spoiler

Spoiler

The doors on Rokata's side of the arena opened fully, and three figures stood sillouetted against the backlight. Mason, Selene and Onyx stepped up to the ring. Mason was latched onto Onyx's back, holding on by the back of his neck and his left shoulder, emphasizing the size difference between them.

"Wait a second, where's Rokata!?" A member of the crowd shouted. 

"Nin isn't here either! We never get to see their whole team fight!" cried a griffon.

A wide smile crept across Mason's face as they approached the ring. Then he stood on his front hooves on Onyx's shoulders and flipped onto the ring. It looked like he was planning on acting as captain since was approaching Topaz. The captain of Team Forlorn Hope, Sleipnir, jumped on the ring and met him in the center, towering over  the dark earth pony.

"Is Mason acting as captain?"

"I didn't even know he could fight!"

Edited by Literally Snails
  • Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, Literally Snails said:

Topaz's ears perked up as she heard something in her earpiece. She jumped up on all fours and announced, "Yes, I've just gotten word, fans! This is the moment you've been waiting for! I present to you, team Rokata!" She gestured widely to the far end of the stadium as the massive doors slowly opened.

The crowds started cheering, cheering so loud that even Rose, Jade and Draco could hear them from outside the arena.

The doors on Rokata's side of the arena opened fully, and three figures stood sillouetted against the backlight. Mason, Selene and Onyx stepped up to the ring. Mason was latched onto Onyx's back, holding on by the back of his neck and his left shoulder, emphasizing the size difference between them.

"Wait a second, where's Rokata!?" A member of the crowd shouted. 

"Nin isn't here either! We never get to see their whole team fight!" cried a griffon.

A wide smile crept across Mason's face as they approached the ring. Then he stood on his front hooves on Onyx's shoulders and flipped onto the ring. It looked like he was planning on acting as captain since was approaching Topaz. The captain of Team Forlorn Hope, Sleipnir, jumped on the ring and met him in the center, towering over  the dark earth pony.

"Is Mason acting as captain?"

"I didn't even know he could fight!"

Dynamo's ears perked as he heard the announcement being made by Topaz. Slowly, the door began to open as three silhouettes had appeared. Dynamo was slightly surprised to see that it wasn't Rokata, but Selene, Mason and Onyx. 'Huh. I guess Rokata wasn't in the mood to fight. Either that, or he might be up to something. Just be on your guard, everyone.' He thought as the three made their way towards the ring. He could hear a bit of the roar from the crowd, but nothing too important. "It kind of feels like deja vu from the first round. Their team started the round with three teammates, but I think it was with a different lineup. I wonder what's going to happen in this round." He spoke his thoughts out loud as he awaited to see what the rules and fights would be. He wondered if he could gain some knowledge over what Selene's abilities would be. The only thing he knew was that only time would tell.

On 7/8/2019 at 7:44 PM, Literally Snails said:

"No no no no no." Tatterhoof said, shaking his head, "It's not for him. It's for you! Observe." He curved his left hoof and slipped the cuff on his foreleg. When it passed his hoof, it locked in place before creating a faint green glow. "This cuff channels the energy of the wearer and materializes something unique to your wavelength and personality. For every wearer, something different is created."

He flicked his leg and a spectral whip shot out from the hoof cuff, smacking against the ground with a loud crack. "For me, I was able to forge one into my cane, but for you, it will probably make something quite different, and probably less spectacular." Tatterhoof slipped the cuff off and gave it to Dynamo.

Copper took the Hoofcuff and nodded slightly, seeing the potential in this thing.  "I see," he said.  "I'll make good use of it, and in fact I've been working on a technique that could help with the power of this thing, but I still need to perfect it."

Upon hearing the roar of the crowd, since he was the closest to the stadium, made him frown.  He put on his cloak and said to Tatterhoof, "Well, thank you, Tatterhoof.  "Your help will be wonders.  If you'll excuse me... I have some business to take care of."  With that, he walked into the Stadium.

13 hours ago, dragon4111 said:

"Well if they are draining you it's also making you expand your reserves," Draco stated simply. "Your going to need to release that while your in the ring with Rokata," Draco stated simply. "He won't take anything but your all," he said as he looked at her right in the eyes. he chuckled to himself.

Jade nodded, taking a deep breath. She understood the nature of the exercise; to give her access to every source of chi inside her that she had.

"And you will show me how, yes?" she asked, assuming that was the point of Draco bringing her out here.

11 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Her ears pricked up as she heard the cheering from the arena.

This Rokata is certainly a popular warrior.

@Dynamo Pad

Rail smiled at Dynamo's reaction. "Oh, but if only I could say that too," he said, extinguishing his cigarette. "It may be entertaining, but the outcome is too easy to predict. You wouldn't believe the betting odds on this match. No pony wants to bet against Rokata. I could bet my entire fortune on this match and only earn a few bits." Rail's smile deepened as he sat back in his chair, "What Rokata needs is a wild card, wouldn't you say? A team that just might beat them."

@Unicorncob @dragon4111 @DwhitetheGamer @reader8363

In the time Dynamo had his attention off the arena, the fighters had already taken their positions for their first fight. Selene was standing in the arena ring in place of Mason, squaring off aginst a pegasus mare wearing her Royal guard uniform. Sweat trickled down the mare's brow as she tensed her wings, just waiting for Topaz to start the match.

"Your mind attacks arent gonna work on me like that trash from the Road Warriors." Simper warned, "I've fought psychics before!"

"Without any more ado, it's time for the momentyou've all been waiting for! The first match of the finalround of the semi-finals!" Topaz announced. "The match is Simper versus Selene. Ready! Set! Go!"

Topaz swung her hoof as if cutting an immaginary tape rope to start the match. Simper immediately took to the air and dove toward Selene who remained standing in place. "Looks like Simper is using her meteor attack!" Topaz narrated, "If Selene keep standing still, this isn't gonna last long!"

Simper turned her wings to grind herself to a sudden mid-air stop and stared at Selene with a look of bewilderment. "Huh? Now what's going on?" Topaz asked. Simper slowly hovered to the ground and stared at where Selene was standing, but Selene started slowly walking to the side, and Simper kept her eyes focused on where Selene used to be standing.

"What are you doing Simper?" her captain shouted. "Close the distance!"

Simper started wildly scanning around the ring as if she was looking for something in a panic. "Where the hell did she go? I can't see her!"

Topaz blinked in confusion and stared at Selene who was slowly circling behind Simper. "This is... bizzare. It looks like Simper has lost sight of her opponent. This is a rookie mistake if there ever was one!"

"She's behind you, Sim!" Sleipnir shouted. Simper quickly turned around in time for Selene to deliver a swift kick to her neck. Simper flew back and slammed back-first onto the harsh concrete. The crowd cheered for the first strike being thrown.

Simper slowly rose up, clearly injured but still able to fight. "You... li-" She was interrupted as Selene fired a sonic blast from her horn. There was a loud *BOOM* as concrete and dust exploded around her. Simper was pushed off the ring, slamming into the wall and creating a second earth-shattering thud. Golden strips of armor flung around the stadium, crimped like pot metal.

By the time the loud echoing sound ended, Topaz had already started her ten-count. "Three! Four! ...FIVE!"

The audience murmured as the count continued. Simper was showing no signs of getting up. "Did something seem weird about that fight to you?"

"...NINE AND TEN!" Topaz finished. "The first fight is officially over! Rokata gets a point!"

Rose leaned against a tree, catching her breath and listening to the arena blare loudly. She placed her knife into the tree behind her and pulled out the knife that  Zerra gave her. She would probably take hits to get in close, but would need to deflect it enough to miss anything fatal. She covered it in magic and and started to practice with it. 

12 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Simper slowly rose up, clearly injured but still able to fight. "You... li-" She was interrupted as Selene fired a sonic blast from her horn. There was a loud *BOOM* as concrete and dust exploded around her. Simper was pushed off the ring, slamming into the wall and creating a second earth-shattering thud. Golden strips of armor flung around the stadium, crimped like pot metal.

By the time the loud echoing sound ended, Topaz had already started her ten-count. "Three! Four! ...FIVE!"

The audience murmured as the count continued. Simper was showing no signs of getting up. "Did something seem weird about that fight to you?"

"...NINE AND TEN!" Topaz finished. "The first fight is officially over! Rokata gets a point!"

Among the crowd was the cloaked Copper Strikes, who had a notebook with a pen.  During this ordeal, he would be taking notes on each fighter that stepped up to the ring with the opposing team in order to help his team.  Once the first fight officially came to a close, he looked at a attendee and said to them, "I see that Rokata is a popular fighter among the fans here.  How long has he been doing this tournament for, if I may ask?"

15 hours ago, DwhitetheGamer said:

Among the crowd was the cloaked Copper Strikes, who had a notebook with a pen.  During this ordeal, he would be taking notes on each fighter that stepped up to the ring with the opposing team in order to help his team.  Once the first fight officially came to a close, he looked at a attendee and said to them, "I see that Rokata is a popular fighter among the fans here.  How long has he been doing this tournament for, if I may ask?"

"Rokata? He's been in the tournament for five years," The spectator said. "Course, we already knew who he was before he showed up. I could tell from the moment he entered the ring that he was gonna be a champion!" The attendee leaned back in his seat and said, "Bad news for you, kid! Rokata's team never loses and they never leave an opponent alive! We've never seen what they're really capable of!"

Spoiler

@Dynamo Pad @reader8363 @Unicorncob @dragon4111

"And we move quickly onto match two! Onyx versus Rocinante!" Topaz announced. Onyx was already in the ring, standing near some of the rubble from Selene's previous attack. He was squaring off against another member of Forlorn Hope, this time an older unicorn stallion with a rusty red coat.

"That was some trick your friend pulled in the first round, but you'll see it's no coincidence that we got this far!" He said.

"Alright, fighters, you may begin!"

Rocinante whipped his head back and flicked his horn. A glowing beam of light shot from it, forming a bright array of interlinked yellow lines that looked like a glowing spiders web. The web landed on the ground of the arena, stopping right at Onyx's feet. It spanned from one end of the ring to the other, giving the minotaur no choice but to cross it. "Psychic Silk Web!"

Topaz stepped back and adjusted her scarf before narrating. "We've all seen Rocin' use this technique earlier on in the tournament. That silk is like a bad habbit. You can't break it no matter how hard you try!"

Onyx looked down at the glowing net at his feet. The ropes sparked with energy, singing the concrete they lay on. That's right, big guy. Step into the web. Nothing is strong enough to break from that spell, not even a dragon. Rocinante thought.

The minotaur got down on his knees and grabbed the side of the net. A yellow surge of lightning immediately traveled up his arm from his hand and trapped his whole body in a bright, stinging aura.

"Maybe not the smartest move! Onyx just touched the web!" Topaz announced.

Got ya! The unicorn thought as he tiled his head and charged up a magical attack.

Onyx gritted his teeth and kept his grip on the length of spectral rope. The unicorn's enchantment was a bit stronger than he expected. The spell was meant to paralyze him, and Onyx was finding it difficult to move. He flexed his muscles, veins bulging out as he let out a rumbling growl. Slowly he stood back up, straightening his legs and lifting the web in one hand. His whole body was glowing yellow as the unicorn's curse struggled to keep him contained.

Rocinante inched back as a bead of sweat drip from his brow. "Oh... Oh damn."

"RAAAH!" Onyx screamed, clenching his fist around the rope. The yellow aura around him shattered like it was made of glass, replaced by a bright purple glow that surged through his body. The Psychic Silk Web descentigrated in his hand bursting into threads and disappearing.

Once he was free, Onyx lifted his left hoof and slammed it onto the ring, creating an thud that shook the whole arena and nearly knocked the glass off of Rail's table. The Quake sent a tile of the arena cascading upward beneath Rocinante, exploding beneath him and sending him flying into the air on a wave of dust and blood. Rocinante was sent flying out of the stadium, leaving behind his helmet and one of his legs which landed in the front rows of the stands.

"Oh my... Celestia." Topaz said, nearly at a loss for words. "I don't think a ten count will be necessary. That was a ring out for the record books, ponies! And it looks like a lucky someone just got a souvenire! Onyx finishes Rocinante in one single blow!"

Onyx returned to his side of the stadium, a loud boom sounding with each step he took.

Advanced issues found

Spoiler

"I don't understand!" Sleipnir said, his voice slightly shaking. He pointed to Mason, standing in the center of Selene and Onyx. Even Selene, the small mare that she was, was staning well above Mason. "If those two fighters are so strong, why would they take orders from anyone? Especially that little rat?"

Mason seemed amused by that, he ducked his head and laughed. "It's simple, boy. They're afraid of me." His eyes narrowed as a smile crept across his face. "But you already knew that didn't you? Because you're afraid of me too."

Sleipnir almost lept across the ring at Mason right there, but his remaining teammate's held him back.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Literally Snails said:

"Rokata? He's been in the tournament for five years," The spectator said. "Course, we already knew who he was before he showed up. I could tell from the moment he entered the ring that he was gonna be a champion!" The attendee leaned back in his seat and said, "Bad news for you, kid! Rokata's team never loses and they never leave an opponent alive! We've never seen what they're really capable of!"

"Five years, eh?" Copper remarked, sounding quite interested.  Then he chuckled.  "Please tell me my team won't beat Rokata's team, I dare you.  In fact I'll put in a wager.  My team beats Rokata's team, you pay me.  I'll go easy and say 50 bits.  What are your terms?"  He rarely gambles anything, but this was an opportunity he was not going to pass up.  "By the way I'm facing the Minotaur who is named Onyx in the finals."

Speaking of which, as the match was on, he got a rather good glimpse of the raw power that the Minotaur wielded.  He didn't show anything of emotion when the main attack was shown, but he still took notes.  This was going to be some vital info.

On 7/10/2019 at 9:22 PM, Literally Snails said:

Rail smiled at Dynamo's reaction. "Oh, but if only I could say that too," he said, extinguishing his cigarette. "It may be entertaining, but the outcome is too easy to predict. You wouldn't believe the betting odds on this match. No pony wants to bet against Rokata. I could bet my entire fortune on this match and only earn a few bits." Rail's smile deepened as he sat back in his chair, "What Rokata needs is a wild card, wouldn't you say? A team that just might beat them."

In the time Dynamo had his attention off the arena, the fighters had already taken their positions for their first fight. Selene was standing in the arena ring in place of Mason, squaring off aginst a pegasus mare wearing her Royal guard uniform. Sweat trickled down the mare's brow as she tensed her wings, just waiting for Topaz to start the match.

"Your mind attacks arent gonna work on me like that trash from the Road Warriors." Simper warned, "I've fought psychics before!"

"Without any more ado, it's time for the momentyou've all been waiting for! The first match of the finalround of the semi-finals!" Topaz announced. "The match is Simper versus Selene. Ready! Set! Go!"

Topaz swung her hoof as if cutting an immaginary tape rope to start the match. Simper immediately took to the air and dove toward Selene who remained standing in place. "Looks like Simper is using her meteor attack!" Topaz narrated, "If Selene keep standing still, this isn't gonna last long!"

Simper turned her wings to grind herself to a sudden mid-air stop and stared at Selene with a look of bewilderment. "Huh? Now what's going on?" Topaz asked. Simper slowly hovered to the ground and stared at where Selene was standing, but Selene started slowly walking to the side, and Simper kept her eyes focused on where Selene used to be standing.

"What are you doing Simper?" her captain shouted. "Close the distance!"

Simper started wildly scanning around the ring as if she was looking for something in a panic. "Where the hell did she go? I can't see her!"

Topaz blinked in confusion and stared at Selene who was slowly circling behind Simper. "This is... bizzare. It looks like Simper has lost sight of her opponent. This is a rookie mistake if there ever was one!"

"She's behind you, Sim!" Sleipnir shouted. Simper quickly turned around in time for Selene to deliver a swift kick to her neck. Simper flew back and slammed back-first onto the harsh concrete. The crowd cheered for the first strike being thrown.

Dynamo looked back momentarily as he heard Rail's remark. The calm, yet confidence in Rail's tone was a clear indication that this match was already won. "Like I said before, I'm not much of a betting pony. However, I guess it should be obvious on who might win this round." He sighed, knowing full well how powerful Rokata and the others were throughout the tournament. As he sat back in his chair, Dynamo could only raise an eyebrow in curiosity. "I suppose that my team, Team Lotus, is the wildcard then? Sounds like you have some confidence in what we are capable of." His ears perked as Topaz got the match underway, before he turned back towards the window and arena. 

He narrowed his eyes and kept focus as he tried to see what Selene was capable of during a fight. He knew she was able to stop a fighter's heart, but that was all he knew. As the match started, he watched as Simper went for a meteor strike, while Selene stood in place. He didn't understand why she wasn't moving, but his questions were answered as Simper simply stopped flying in midair. He couldn't understand why Selene was simply walking around Simper, while Simper was looking wildly around to find Selene. He gasped as he saw the fight was over in a few seconds. Selene had not only landed a swift strike, but fired a sonic blast to send Simper out of the ring.

Dynamo waited with baited breath as he waited to see if Simper would get up. As the count had been finished, Dynamo's shoulders fell slightly as he saw how strong Selene was. "I can't believe it. That wasn't even a match. It's like Selene was just toying with her opponent." He slowly turned back to Rail, while it looked like he had so many questions written on his face. "I could be wrong, but I think they said that the other team assumed Selene is a psychic. Is that even true? I mean, how, or even why was Simper just looking around when Selene was right there? The only thing I can think of is that Selene is able to mess with one's senses. She could stop one's heart just by looking at her opponent. So, she must have done something to Simper's mind to act as if she wasn't there. Either that, or she used a spell, but I don't think I saw her unicorn horn glow except for when she fired that blast." He placed a hoof to his chin as his mind raced with answers as to how Selene did all of that.

12 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Reveal hidden contents

@Dynamo Pad @reader8363 @Unicorncob @dragon4111

"And we move quickly onto match two! Onyx versus Rocinante!" Topaz announced. Onyx was already in the ring, standing near some of the rubble from Selene's previous attack. He was squaring off against another member of Forlorn Hope, this time an older unicorn stallion with a rusty red coat.

"That was some trick your friend pulled in the first round, but you'll see it's no coincidence that we got this far!" He said.

"Alright, fighters, you may begin!"

Rocinante whipped his head back and flicked his horn. A glowing beam of light shot from it, forming a bright array of interlinked yellow lines that looked like a glowing spiders web. The web landed on the ground of the arena, stopping right at Onyx's feet. It spanned from one end of the ring to the other, giving the minotaur no choice but to cross it. "Psychic Silk Web!"

Topaz stepped back and adjusted her scarf before narrating. "We've all seen Rocin' use this technique earlier on in the tournament. That silk is like a bad habbit. You can't break it no matter how hard you try!"

Onyx looked down at the glowing net at his feet. The ropes sparked with energy, singing the concrete they lay on. That's right, big guy. Step into the web. Nothing is strong enough to break from that spell, not even a dragon. Rocinante thought.

The minotaur got down on his knees and grabbed the side of the net. A yellow surge of lightning immediately traveled up his arm from his hand and trapped his whole body in a bright, stinging aura.

"Maybe not the smartest move! Onyx just touched the web!" Topaz announced.

Got ya! The unicorn thought as he tiled his head and charged up a magical attack.

Onyx gritted his teeth and kept his grip on the length of spectral rope. The unicorn's enchantment was a bit stronger than he expected. The spell was meant to paralyze him, and Onyx was finding it difficult to move. He flexed his muscles, veins bulging out as he let out a rumbling growl. Slowly he stood back up, straightening his legs and lifting the web in one hand. His whole body was glowing yellow as the unicorn's curse struggled to keep him contained.

Rocinante inched back as a bead of sweat drip from his brow. "Oh... Oh damn."

"RAAAH!" Onyx screamed, clenching his fist around the rope. The yellow aura around him shattered like it was made of glass, replaced by a bright purple glow that surged through his body. The Psychic Silk Web descentigrated in his hand bursting into threads and disappearing.

Once he was free, Onyx lifted his left hoof and slammed it onto the ring, creating an thud that shook the whole arena and nearly knocked the glass off of Rail's table. The Quake sent a tile of the arena cascading upward beneath Rocinante, exploding beneath him and sending him flying into the air on a wave of dust and blood. Rocinante was sent flying out of the stadium, leaving behind his helmet and one of his legs which landed in the front rows of the stands.

"Oh my... Celestia." Topaz said, nearly at a loss for words. "I don't think a ten count will be necessary. That was a ring out for the record books, ponies! And it looks like a lucky someone just got a souvenire! Onyx finishes Rocinante in one single blow!"

Onyx returned to his side of the stadium, a loud boom sounding with each step he took.

Spoiler

Advanced issues found

Reveal hidden contents

"I don't understand!" Sleipnir said, his voice slightly shaking. He pointed to Mason, standing in the center of Selene and Onyx. Even Selene, the small mare that she was, was staning well above Mason. "If those two fighters are so strong, why would they take orders from anyone? Especially that little rat?"

Mason seemed amused by that, he ducked his head and laughed. "It's simple, boy. They're afraid of me." His eyes narrowed as a smile crept across his face. "But you already knew that didn't you? Because you're afraid of me too."

Sleipnir almost lept across the ring at Mason right there, but his remaining teammate's held him back.

As the second match got started, Dynamo was pulled from his thoughts as he saw Onyx was up next. He watched as the stallion, Rocinante, had used a spell that was like webbing placed along the ring. It encircled Onyx, who stepped onto said webbing causing him to be trapped and ensnared. 'Why would he do that? Is he not concerned about being immobilized by the webbing?' He thought as he could hear Onyx's roar echoing throughout the stadium. As the minotaur glowed with a yellow aura, he escaped from the cursed rope, before slamming his hoof upon the ring. Dynamo knelt down as he was having trouble keeping his balance from the sudden quake. The blue unicorn's eyes widened as that attack had completely obliterated Rocinante. He felt a little sick to his stomach at witnessing the stallion guard being sent flying out of the ring, before the match was called in favor of Onyx's victory. 'It like they try to end things in one attack. I doubt any team has been able to push them.' He thought, somewhat caught off guard by Mason's comment.

"Selene and Onyx are afraid of this guy? This has to be a joke. I've never seen Selene have any look of fear on her face. I admit, I ran into Mason when he attacked one of my teammates. I almost caught him off guard, but he was able to defend himself like it was nothing." He says, remembering about the mention of the tenebris that Selene had spoken of the day before. 'So, it must be this tenebris that is making Mason the way he is. If that's the case, then how powerful is this guy?'

14 hours ago, DwhitetheGamer said:

"Five years, eh?" Copper remarked, sounding quite interested.  Then he chuckled.  "Please tell me my team won't beat Rokata's team, I dare you.  In fact I'll put in a wager.  My team beats Rokata's team, you pay me.  I'll go easy and say 50 bits.  What are your terms?"  He rarely gambles anything, but this was an opportunity he was not going to pass up.  "By the way I'm facing the Minotaur who is named Onyx in the finals."

Speaking of which, as the match was on, he got a rather good glimpse of the raw power that the Minotaur wielded.  He didn't show anything of emotion when the main attack was shown, but he still took notes.  This was going to be some vital info.

"You wanna bet? You do that at the booth. That way there's someone to collect when you lose." The attendee turned back to the ring and chuckled to himself. "Postmortem."

2 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

"I suppose that my team, Team Lotus, is the wildcard then? Sounds like you have some confidence in what we are capable of." His ears perked as Topaz got the match underway, before he turned back towards the window and arena. 

"I'm not being too subtle, am I?" Rail asked. "I picked you for a reason, and it's not because I dislike you. The crowds may cheer for your death, but you should see the betting odds. They've seen how much you win and they've started putting money on you. After your victory in the face of overwhelming odds against Team Lockdown, you've become a darling. I predict that more ponies will bet on you to win the finals than Rokata. Between my personal business, running this tournament, and betting on your team in every round, absorbing the fortunes of fools like Big Shot in one high-stakes bet, I have enough money to outspend Celestia if I wanted to, but that's still not enough for what I need." Rail leaned back and folded is front legs across his chest. "The prize money for winning the tournament is nothing, but the gambling, that's where I can multiply my wealth. You'll be favored to win the finals, but of course, I will be betting on my Team Rokata to win. I'll be betting all of it."

@Unicorncob

"alright then let's see if you can take me full throttle then," Draco stated with a cold tone of voice. devoid of emotion Draco quickly and seemingly disappeared from sight and reappeared behind Jade sending a harsh kick to her ribs. He won't hold back till she wouldn't. He looked at her and said "Come on hybrid show me your power,"

• Brohoof 1

11 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

"You wanna bet? You do that at the booth. That way there's someone to collect when you lose." The attendee turned back to the ring and chuckled to himself. "Postmortem."

Copper rolled his eyes and brought his attention back to the fight at hoof.  He noticed Mason and frowned, wondering how he was able to be the captain.  He should probably try him out for a exhibition match to see how the little one's power fared to his.

8 hours ago, dragon4111 said:

"alright then let's see if you can take me full throttle then," Draco stated with a cold tone of voice. devoid of emotion Draco quickly and seemingly disappeared from sight and reappeared behind Jade sending a harsh kick to her ribs. He won't hold back till she wouldn't. He looked at her and said "Come on hybrid show me your power,"

Jade grunted as she stumbled for a second, taken off guard by the sudden attack. Almost just as quickly, she turned, swinging a hoof toward Draco's face in a heavy punch.

(edited)
On 7/12/2019 at 8:10 PM, Literally Snails said:

"I'm not being too subtle, am I?" Rail asked. "I picked you for a reason, and it's not because I dislike you. The crowds may cheer for your death, but you should see the betting odds. They've seen how much you win and they've started putting money on you. After your victory in the face of overwhelming odds against Team Lockdown, you've become a darling. I predict that more ponies will bet on you to win the finals than Rokata. Between my personal business, running this tournament, and betting on your team in every round, absorbing the fortunes of fools like Big Shot in one high-stakes bet, I have enough money to outspend Celestia if I wanted to, but that's still not enough for what I need." Rail leaned back and folded is front legs across his chest. "The prize money for winning the tournament is nothing, but the gambling, that's where I can multiply my wealth. You'll be favored to win the finals, but of course, I will be betting on my Team Rokata to win. I'll be betting all of it."

"Hmm...that depends. Sometimes you can be subtle, while other times, you aren't. It really depends on how you read the air, or the tone, or even the mood." He raised an eyebrow as curiosity was starting to get to him. "Would you care to enlighten me on why you even picked someone like me to join in this kind of tournament? I remember you told me that you bet a lot on me to win that video game tournament. I'm not that much of a fighter, so I fail to see the logic on choosing someone, whose more about playing games and not mostly trained in martial arts." He remembered training in self defense when he met up with Copper in the Dojo/gym years ago, but he didn't want to say anything. "I guess i was able to impress the crowd enough during the match with Team Lockdown. It was something to see that I finally got the crowd to stop booing for once." He chuckled slightly as he remembered that moment, but he took a breath and sighed as he knew it was no laughing matter.

"If you are able to gain so much of a fortune, yet you feel that it's not enough, then I wonder what is enough. I guess it depends on whatever this plan of yours is all about." The gaming unicorn says, using air quotes over the word 'plan.' He was surprised that his team was favored to win, but it seemed that it didn't matter to Rail, who folded his front legs across his chest. "I'm not much of a gambler, but I wouldn't put all of my eggs in one basket. What would happen if you lost all of the fortune that you would bet on if you risked it all?" He wasn't expecting an answer on that one, but he knew that an idea like that seemed way too risky. His team was strong in their own right, but he knew Team Rokata was just as strong, if not stronger. "I won't like and say that I'll defeat Selene. Even now, I'm still afraid after seeing what she's capable of. I still don't even know how she was able to do all of that. However, I'll still say this. Scare of not, I still have to try. I can't just let my team down and who knows? I, or any of the others might surprise you, sir."

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

13 hours ago, dragon4111 said:

Draco grinned as he took the punch straight on. "I barely felt that," Draco stated with a smirk on his face. "Come on stop holding back," he said with a growl. He smirked at her as he laughed at her.

The corner of Jade's upper lip quivered in a snarl from Draco's taunting. She shook her head and took a deep breath.

He's egging me on. I cannot lose control.

Use that frustration. Channel it.

The fire around her hooves grew more fierce, and a faster punch, almost like the wind itself, slammed into Draco's face.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Unicorncob

Draco dodged out of the way. "Darling you're not fast enough," he stated  as he sent a kick to her jaw. Hard enough to send a normal pony flying.  "Come on now I'm getting bored  darling," Draco stated as he taunted her.

Edited by dragon4111
  • Brohoof 1

12 hours ago, dragon4111 said:

Draco dodged out of the way. "Darling you're not fast enough," he stated  as he sent a kick to her jaw. Hard enough to send a normal pony flying.  "Come on now I'm getting bored  darling," Draco stated as he taunted her.

Jade crossed her hooves to block the kick, barely budging an inch from the impact.

"I'll try to entertain you, then."

With no warning, she began a flurry of punches and kicks, her hooves practically invisible with how fast they were moving. Any impact would leave a burning, almost explosive strike.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
On 7/13/2019 at 1:35 PM, Dynamo Pad said:

"I won't like and say that I'll defeat Selene. Even now, I'm still afraid after seeing what she's capable of. I still don't even know how she was able to do all of that. However, I'll still say this. Scare of not, I still have to try. I can't just let my team down and who knows? I, or any of the others might surprise you, sir."

"It's not just your life, or the lives of your friends on the line this time. I wouldn't let my last gamble have such low stakes, you understand," Rail explained, smiling as he watched the combatants position themselves underway. "Ponies like me who accumulate this much wealth have to have a vision for the future, otherwise it's just a waste. I wonder how you'd feel about a world without bullies."

@Unicorncob @DwhitetheGamer @dragon4111 @reader8363

"I'll give you all a chance," Mason said to the remaining members of Forlorn Hope in a smug, condescending tone. "You all fight me at once. It wont be as impressive as when Rokata took on an entire team by himself, but I think you still deserve this." Mason leapt on the ring and started pacing around its edge, eyeing Sleipnir. "You've worked so hard to get this far. You're strong, as strong as Jade and her friends when they came here. As strong as Onyx and Selene when we first found them. Accomplishment like that deserves an eventful death."

"You're acting like you understand honor, but you're speaking like this is a game," Sleipnir responded with visceral in his voice, "A little worm like you could never understand! That's why you're living on borrowed time!"

"Isn't that scary?" Mason replied, bemused. "Come up then, teach me a lesson."

Sleipnir stepped into the ring, and his Royal Guard teammates stepped in behind them. They'd all had experience in life or death combat, and they knew when they were getting into a final stand.

"Whatever you are now..." Sleipnir said, stepping around the opposite edge of the ring across from Mason. "...It has survived for far too long. If we don't stop you, someone will."

"So you're resigned, then?"

Topaz cut in, enthusiastically announcing the fight. "The final match of the semi-finals will be Mason of Team Rokata versus Sleipnir, Tulpar and Kanthaka! You may begin!"

Spoiler

The unicorns, Sleipnir and Kanthaka started at Mason, running toward his left side, while the pegasus Tulpar charged around the right. "Keep him guessing!" Sleipnir ordered, "Don't let up the pressure and he can't defend!"

Sleipnir gasped as a shadowy figure swept over his head. He ducked just in time to avoid it, but he heard a sharp whoosh as it cut through the air. Then he heard a scream. The shadowy form attacked Tulpar, slashing his chest with a tendriled claw while ripping open his left front leg with what appeared to be a fanged mouth, but it was difficult to make out any body parts in the ever-changing form. Blood and viscera spilled onto the ring, but Sleipnir couldn't take a moment to dwell on that. This was his only opportunity to counter attack. Mason was standing in the open without his attack dog to defend him.

"He's open! Kanth, Battering Ram!" He ordered. The two unicorns stopped their charge and pressed their horns together, gathering their energy for a massive attack. In moments, they generated a sizeable orb yellow orb with a blue core, wrapped in static bolts of electricity. Moments before they could attack, however, Sleipnir let out a cry of pain and the orb disappeared. The shadowy creature extended half a dozen long, sharp tendrils, which pierced the two unicorns from behind and shot straight through their bodies, easily piercing their armor. Sleipnier's chest was pierced in three places, including his liver and stomach. Kanthaka's skull was pierced, and he died in an instant.

"Unfortunately for you, I'm quite the multitasker." Mason said as he stepped closer to his remaining victim. Tenebris retracted its tendrils from the deceased unicorn and he fell face fist on the ring, earning a squeamish gasp from Topaz as she backed away. Sleipnir tried to say something, but he didn't seem able to talk. He shut his eyes and grit his teeth, groaning. "What was that?" Mason asked, turning an ear to Sleipnir's mouth.

One of Tenebris' shadowy tendrils wrapped around Sleipnir's right leg, and twisted until Mason could hear it pop. Sleipnir gasped, trying to scream. "Oh, I see the problem now." Mason said, pacing around his captured foe. Tenebris' tentacles retracted from Sleipnir's body, and the unicorn fell on the ring, blood oozing from his wounds. He grunted in pain as he tried to stand himself back up. "You must have a hole in one of your lungs. Here, let me plug it up for you." Mason said with a smile. Tenebris shot a tendril into Sleipnir's back, spraying out a mist of blood as Sleipnir let out a pained gasp. 

"It's so much fun when I'm down to the last victim. The last one always has the best reaction." Mason commented as he crouched down in front of the unicorn. His smug grin contrasted against the look of anger in Sleipnir's eyes. He slowly opened his mouth, struggling to speak.

"I'm listening, boy. Make it something good." Mason ordered.

"Honorless..."

Mason silently chuckled before standing up and laughing loud enough for the audience to hear. "True, boy, never found a use for it!" He said as the tendrils wrapped around Sleipnir's battered body, lifting him high over the ring. "Good thing that isn't what this tournament is about!" He shouted before Sleipnir's body was hurled back down, crashing into the concrete with a booming thud. Tenebris retreated back into Mason's body, leaving three corpses behind.

"E-eeh... um..." Topaz stuttered. She was standing near the edge of the ring, slightly shaking as the crowd erupted into mixed cheers. She slowly brought the mic to her mouth and said, "Wi-with that team Rokata advances to the finals! Be sure to tune in tomorrow for all the excitement, fans..."

Edited by Literally Snails

Rose collapsed against the tree out of exhaustion. She just listened to the fighting between Mason and the rest of the team and the fight won't be easy. She got back up and headed to the bar for a drink before tomorrow's match. 

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

"E-eeh... um..." Topaz stuttered. She was standing near the edge of the ring, slightly shaking as the crowd erupted into mixed cheers. She slowly brought the mic to her mouth and said, "Wi-with that team Rokata advances to the finals! Be sure to tune in tomorrow for all the excitement, fans..."

There seemed to be an air of fear running through the entire stadium, one that rivaled that of Rokata's air of fear.  It wasn't Rokata who was causing it, then who was?

In came some scary gong sounds.

Copper Strikes, who had put away his note pad, slowly stood up from his seat, standing on his hind hooves.  A crack of lightning appeared from outside the stadium, as he looked down at the opposing team.  There was no emotion, no humor, no pity.  There was no turning back from their fate.

• Brohoof 1