Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Everfree Dark Tournament RP

Literally Snails

12 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

"It's not just your life, or the lives of your friends on the line this time. I wouldn't let my last gamble have such low stakes, you understand," Rail explained, smiling as he watched the combatants position themselves underway. "Ponies like me who accumulate this much wealth have to have a vision for the future, otherwise it's just a waste. I wonder how you'd feel about a world without bullies."

"I'll give you all a chance," Mason said to the remaining members of Forlorn Hope in a smug, condescending tone. "You all fight me at once. It wont be as impressive as when Rokata took on an entire team by himself, but I think you still deserve this." Mason leapt on the ring and started pacing around its edge, eyeing Sleipnir. "You've worked so hard to get this far. You're strong, as strong as Jade and her friends when they came here. As strong as Onyx and Selene when we first found them. Accomplishment like that deserves an eventful death."

"You're acting like you understand honor, but you're speaking like this is a game," Sleipnir responded with visceral in his voice, "A little worm like you could never understand! That's why you're living on borrowed time!"

"Isn't that scary?" Mason replied, bemused. "Come up then, teach me a lesson."

Sleipnir stepped into the ring, and his Royal Guard teammates stepped in behind them. They'd all had experience in life or death combat, and they knew when they were getting into a final stand.

"Whatever you are now..." Sleipnir said, stepping around the opposite edge of the ring across from Mason. "...It has survived for far too long. If we don't stop you, someone will."

"So you're resigned, then?"

Topaz cut in, enthusiastically announcing the fight. "The final match of the semi-finals will be Mason of Team Rokata versus Sleipnir, Tulpar and Kanthaka! You may begin!"

The unicorns, Sleipnir and Kanthaka started at Mason, running toward his left side, while the pegasus Tulpar charged around the right. "Keep him guessing!" Sleipnir ordered, "Don't let up the pressure and he can't defend!"

Sleipnir gasped as a shadowy figure swept over his head. He ducked just in time to avoid it, but he heard a sharp whoosh as it cut through the air. Then he heard a scream. The shadowy form attacked Tulpar, slashing his chest with a tendriled claw while ripping open his left front leg with what appeared to be a fanged mouth, but it was difficult to make out any body parts in the ever-changing form. Blood and viscera spilled onto the ring, but Sleipnir couldn't take a moment to dwell on that. This was his only opportunity to counter attack. Mason was standing in the open without his attack dog to defend him.

"He's open! Kanth, Battering Ram!" He ordered. The two unicorns stopped their charge and pressed their horns together, gathering their energy for a massive attack. In moments, they generated a sizeable orb yellow orb with a blue core, wrapped in static bolts of electricity. Moments before they could attack, however, Sleipnir let out a cry of pain and the orb disappeared. The shadowy creature extended half a dozen long, sharp tendrils, which pierced the two unicorns from behind and shot straight through their bodies, easily piercing their armor. Sleipnier's chest was pierced in three places, including his liver and stomach. Kanthaka's skull was pierced, and he died in an instant.

"Unfortunately for you, I'm quite the multitasker." Mason said as he stepped closer to his remaining victim. Tenebris retracted its tendrils from the deceased unicorn and he fell face fist on the ring, earning a squeamish gasp from Topaz as she backed away. Sleipnir tried to say something, but he didn't seem able to talk. He shut his eyes and grit his teeth, groaning. "What was that?" Mason asked, turning an ear to Sleipnir's mouth.

One of Tenebris' shadowy tendrils wrapped around Sleipnir's right leg, and twisted until Mason could hear it pop. Sleipnir gasped, trying to scream. "Oh, I see the problem now." Mason said, pacing around his captured foe. Tenebris' tentacles retracted from Sleipnir's body, and the unicorn fell on the ring, blood oozing from his wounds. He grunted in pain as he tried to stand himself back up. "You must have a hole in one of your lungs. Here, let me plug it up for you." Mason said with a smile. Tenebris shot a tendril into Sleipnir's back, spraying out a mist of blood as Sleipnir let out a pained gasp. 

"It's so much fun when I'm down to the last victim. The last one always has the best reaction." Mason commented as he crouched down in front of the unicorn. His smug grin contrasted against the look of anger in Sleipnir's eyes. He slowly opened his mouth, struggling to speak.

"I'm listening, boy. Make it something good." Mason ordered.

"Honorless..."

Mason silently chuckled before standing up and laughing loud enough for the audience to hear. "True, boy, never found a use for it!" He said as the tendrils wrapped around Sleipnir's battered body, lifting him high over the ring. "Good thing that isn't what this tournament is about!" He shouted before Sleipnir's body was hurled back down, crashing into the concrete with a booming thud. Tenebris retreated back into Mason's body, leaving three corpses behind.

"E-eeh... um..." Topaz stuttered. She was standing near the edge of the ring, slightly shaking as the crowd erupted into mixed cheers. She slowly brought the mic to her mouth and said, "Wi-with that team Rokata advances to the finals! Be sure to tune in tomorrow for all the excitement, fans..."

"It sounds like you're planning on making the bet of the century. I guess I understand, while at the same time, I don't. What did you have in mind when it involves not only me, but my friends lives that are at stake?" He could see that Rail was smiling, before looking back to the ring to see the final match was about to get started. "I guess it's sort of like having a plan to have a successful future. With how much wealth that business ponies make with bets like this. I want to say that the world would be a better place without bullies, but that's just nonsense. No matter where you go or what you aspire to do, then there will always be a bully. I've dealt with a lot of bullies in my life when growing up and throughout my job at arcades. You either ignore them and hope they don't pick on you, or you stand up to them. Bullying may or may not ever go away, but you always need to try to stand up for yourself without the need to use violence. Otherwise, who would really be the winner, in the end, when it comes to using violence."

Dynamo stared back at the ring and watched as Mason had been toying with the other opponents. He knew a little bit of Mason's abilities, but he didn't think his shadow was able to do that. He began to think and realize that maybe that shadow of Mason's was the tenebris he had been told about. He would make sure to let Jade, Rose and the others know about what was going on. Hopefully, they would have a fighting chance for tomorrow's final match. As the match was called in Team Rokata's victory, Dynamo sighed as it was finally over and the two teams were set up for tomorrow. "So, you said you wanted me to stay for a bit to play this game? Seeing how that the round is now over." He says, hoping to change the subject after witnessing a match like that.

20 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

"I guess it's sort of like having a plan to have a successful future. With how much wealth that business ponies make with bets like this. I want to say that the world would be a better place without bullies, but that's just nonsense. No matter where you go or what you aspire to do, then there will always be a bully. I've dealt with a lot of bullies in my life when growing up and throughout my job at arcades. You either ignore them and hope they don't pick on you, or you stand up to them. Bullying may or may not ever go away, but you always need to try to stand up for yourself without the need to use violence. Otherwise, who would really be the winner, in the end, when it comes to using violence."

"You've Identified the problem," Rail said, raising his glass. "Nothing can ever be fixed in this world. You find something you think will work, and it breaks." He took a sip and placed it on the table, leaning back in his chair and watching the end of the match. The three members of team Rokata were already leaving the ring. A dark shadow was cast from Rail's hair, obscuring his eyes in darkness. "And what would an ideal world even be? Something like Equestria where everyone acts like they get along and resolve petty differences while ponies like Mason lurk just bellow the surface? How could their be a world more beautiful than Equestria? A ruler more just than Celestia? And yet he exists. Nothing will ever change. There will always be a bully. But I've found a solution."

Rail turned to Dynamo, the look in his eyes suggesting that he might not be as sane as he once seemed. "Mercenaries like your good friend Copper strikes might do their part, but you've seen how much one pony can do. Remember Cumulus? That pegasus Jade fought in the second round? He was from Trottingham, a place that until recently was ruled by corruption. He tried to fight back against the crime lords and "Mason"s of his city and became a martyr. But when I brought my criminal enterprise to Trottingham and crushed all the other gangs, the streets became peaceful, the back ally wars ended. The ponies were happy. That's how you stop bullies. You become the biggest bully of them all."

Rail took a cigarette and pinched it between his teeth before lighting it and letting it rest on his lips. 

• Brohoof 1

On 7/17/2019 at 1:54 AM, Literally Snails said:

"You've Identified the problem," Rail said, raising his glass. "Nothing can ever be fixed in this world. You find something you think will work, and it breaks." He took a sip and placed it on the table, leaning back in his chair and watching the end of the match. The three members of team Rokata were already leaving the ring. A dark shadow was cast from Rail's hair, obscuring his eyes in darkness. "And what would an ideal world even be? Something like Equestria where everyone acts like they get along and resolve petty differences while ponies like Mason lurk just bellow the surface? How could their be a world more beautiful than Equestria? A ruler more just than Celestia? And yet he exists. Nothing will ever change. There will always be a bully. But I've found a solution."

Rail turned to Dynamo, the look in his eyes suggesting that he might not be as sane as he once seemed. "Mercenaries like your good friend Copper strikes might do their part, but you've seen how much one pony can do. Remember Cumulus? That pegasus Jade fought in the second round? He was from Trottingham, a place that until recently was ruled by corruption. He tried to fight back against the crime lords and "Mason"s of his city and became a martyr. But when I brought my criminal enterprise to Trottingham and crushed all the other gangs, the streets became peaceful, the back ally wars ended. The ponies were happy. That's how you stop bullies. You become the biggest bully of them all."

Rail took a cigarette and pinched it between his teeth before lighting it and letting it rest on his lips. 

Dynamo just kept his focus on Team Rokata as the group was leaving the ring. "We all have plans on how to make everything work. If that fails, then we try to have a backup plan, just in case. It's just like what Frozen would always try and do. He'd have a plan for everything and a backup to both plans and backup plans. I can see that working, but then all plans might not be possible, in the end." He turned away from the wall to turn his attention back towards Rail, whose eyes were covered by a dark shadow and hair. "You've...found a solution? So, I'm guessing you're looking for some kind of peaceful solution to a better world of sorts." He nods, but as Rail looked to him, Dynamo felt like he was trembling slightly. The look in Rail's eyes seemed different than before. Almost as if he wasn't the same pony that he had gotten to know since the start of the tournament. "I remember Cumulus. Hearing that he fought against crime lords now lets me see him in a new light. He didn't seem like much of a bad guy when he was on that team. Granted, that might be what he wants others to think. One might be doing the right think in their eyes, but others might not always agree."

He was shocked as he heard that Rail was the one that brought peace to Trottingham, but frowned as he listened to Rail's statement. "While that's good that you brought peace, I still don't think that way of thinking is right. If you become the thing that you hate, then you're just proving that bullying is the only way. I've learned that you either become a hero, or you live long enough to become the villain."

@Unicorncob

Draco smirked as he used his speed to dodge the punches. "Come now Rokata is definitely faster than I," Draco stated as he sent a harsh kick to her ribs. "It is your destiny....Or whatever it is you believe in to fight rokata. Well if not then I'll have top fight him," he stated.

• Brohoof 1

On 7/18/2019 at 4:19 AM, Dynamo Pad said:

He was shocked as he heard that Rail was the one that brought peace to Trottingham, but frowned as he listened to Rail's statement. "While that's good that you brought peace, I still don't think that way of thinking is right. If you become the thing that you hate, then you're just proving that bullying is the only way. I've learned that you either become a hero, or you live long enough to become the villain."

"You mistake my motivations for altruism. I don't want to build a better world, and I'm tired of order." Rail sank in his seat, watching the crowds leave the stadium. "They're disgusting. But they're simply filling a natural world. The surface of this world is too clean. Ponies need a place to act like monsters. I realized that, and now I'm worth more than Equestria's gross domestic product. Imagine now if we lived in a world where ponies didn't need this tournamnet. A place less restrained some place where ponies arent suffocated by social values."

Rail looked directly at Dynamo, revealing more of his unhinged tendencies. "Nin, the bloodmage, was able to create Team Rokata by awakening demons within himself, Rokata, Onyx and Selene. Now that that project was successful, I'm thinking on a bigger scale. Do you know why I've only used Nin's tequniues on a handful of ponies? Cost. The ritual requires energy, crystals, gold, blood. Attaching a demon to one pony costs about a million, but once my team wins this tournament I will have all the resources I need. I'll start by creating an army. Then I'll use that army to convert more." Rail spread his front legs and smiled, "Imagine a world where every pony had the power you saw today? Imagine the riots, the destruction. We'll see how long societal rule lasts when nopony can be forced to follow it! If it takes a pony like me to provide order to this world, then I say it doesnt deserve order at all. If it can never be fixed, then it should become what it was always meant to be. A world without rules." Rail sat back in his chair and let his legs rest at his side. "And in a few weeks it'll all be gone. One long party... and then nothing. I think the world will be much better that way, don't you? No one getting pushed around. Everypony equal. Everypony gone."

The door to the viewing room swung open and Nin stepped inside. "I haven't made a mistake by telling you all this, have I?" Rail asked, "Surely you're as excited as I am."

15 hours ago, dragon4111 said:

Draco smirked as he used his speed to dodge the punches. "Come now Rokata is definitely faster than I," Draco stated as he sent a harsh kick to her ribs. "It is your destiny....Or whatever it is you believe in to fight rokata. Well if not then I'll have top fight him," he stated.

With her own speed, Jade crossed her hooves to block Draco's kick, and just as swiftly returned to a flurry of calculated swings.

"It is not my destiny," she said, "but I will not let Tricis leave this world with only regrets."

(edited)
13 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

"You mistake my motivations for altruism. I don't want to build a better world, and I'm tired of order." Rail sank in his seat, watching the crowds leave the stadium. "They're disgusting. But they're simply filling a natural world. The surface of this world is too clean. Ponies need a place to act like monsters. I realized that, and now I'm worth more than Equestria's gross domestic product. Imagine now if we lived in a world where ponies didn't need this tournamnet. A place less restrained some place where ponies arent suffocated by social values."

Rail looked directly at Dynamo, revealing more of his unhinged tendencies. "Nin, the bloodmage, was able to create Team Rokata by awakening demons within himself, Rokata, Onyx and Selene. Now that that project was successful, I'm thinking on a bigger scale. Do you know why I've only used Nin's tequniues on a handful of ponies? Cost. The ritual requires energy, crystals, gold, blood. Attaching a demon to one pony costs about a million, but once my team wins this tournament I will have all the resources I need. I'll start by creating an army. Then I'll use that army to convert more." Rail spread his front legs and smiled, "Imagine a world where every pony had the power you saw today? Imagine the riots, the destruction. We'll see how long societal rule lasts when nopony can be forced to follow it! If it takes a pony like me to provide order to this world, then I say it doesnt deserve order at all. If it can never be fixed, then it should become what it was always meant to be. A world without rules." Rail sat back in his chair and let his legs rest at his side. "And in a few weeks it'll all be gone. One long party... and then nothing. I think the world will be much better that way, don't you? No one getting pushed around. Everypony equal. Everypony gone."

The door to the viewing room swung open and Nin stepped inside. "I haven't made a mistake by telling you all this, have I?" Rail asked, "Surely you're as excited as I am."

Dynamo could only narrow his eyes slightly as he started to listen in on what Rail was trying to tell him. He could understand what the business pony was going on about, but it still didn't seem right to Dynamo, in his opinion. "So, what you're telling me is that you're not a fan of the ideals of this world. The rules and laws, the value and caged freedom, as it were. The only time others can let loose and be free from crimes such as this is the tournament. I think it's better to live in a world with social value. Granted, the higher ups in Canterlot have a bad way of seeing things against non-rich ponies. However, there are diamonds in the rough. It just depends on the right ponies who see things in a better light."

As he tried to explain, Dynamo had to realize that what he was saying didn't exactly hold merit. The more he listened to Rail, the more he felt as if he didn't know Rail or the others at all. His jaw dropped slightly as he began to understand who, or what Rokata and the others actually are. "So, let me see if I got this. You basically found a way to give your team demonic powers that made them more powerful and possibly psychotic than what they normally are? How about Mason, or was the Tenebris already a part of him when you ran into him? That's basically taking away their freedom and treating them like mindless puppets. They didn't have a choice in the matter! Rather, you...pray upon their...weakness..." He stopped as his eyes widened in realization. 'That's what Tricis was trying to tell Jade and I. Rokata is the same as he always was, but something changed! Oh, sweet Celestia.' He blinked a couple of times as Rail's voice brought him back to reality. He shook his head as he couldn't believe what Rail's ambitions truly were. "You're right. In a way, I can see what you're trying to accomplish.  I mean, if I had the power that you described, then I wouldn't let any bully push me around anymore. At the same time, I just can't accept a world like that. It's not what my teacher once taught me when it involved going against violence. What if someone, or even a group, tried to stand up to these ideals? Princess Twilight and the others wouldn't allow for this to happen. A world without rules won't even last and it will do more than damage the world. All these villains that have surfaced will only return and make things worse. To be honest, a party like that isn't worth going to at all, if you ask me."

He stopped as he the door opened out of the corner of his eye to reveal Nin. "Oh, sure. I'm really excited to see how this plan of yours turns out." He rolled his eyes as he gave a sarcastic tone in his reply. "I don't think it was a mistake in telling me. I mean, why does it matter? Even if I told anyone, then would they even believe me? The only thing that bothers me is that I won't be fighting the real Selene. She always had this mysterious vibe around her, but now I know the truth. What's worse is that I don't know is why she has taken an interest in me. I mean, I don't even know if this interest is from the real Selene, or the entity that's a part of her now. Why are you even telling me all of this, Rail? You said that you wanted to play a game of sorts. So, I'm guessing this isn't the game you wanted to play." He sighs, tilting his head as he was beginning to feel uneasy and somewhat disgusted in Rail's plans.

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

@Unicorncob

"She'll leave this world naturally," Draco stated with a grin as he let her hit his side and hissed. He then sent a kick right between her back legs. No one said he had to fight clean after all. "Please do keep yourself guarded at all times,"

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, dragon4111 said:

"She'll leave this world naturally," Draco stated with a grin as he let her hit his side and hissed. He then sent a kick right between her back legs. No one said he had to fight clean after all. "Please do keep yourself guarded at all times,"

Jade clenched her legs, trapping Draco's hoof between them, and performed a backflip to throw him into the air and toward the ground.

"Yes, I suggest you do that."

@Unicorncob @dragon4111 @Arid_Blitz @Dynamo Pad @dwhite0590 @reader8363

Rokata entered the quiet hospital room where Tricis was staying. The mare slowly woke as he approached her bed, sensing his mere presence.

"I wasn't expecting anyone but Jade to try to help you," he admitted.

"She surrounds herself with ponies... who are as stubborn as she is," Tricis replied.

"You're weak. You should have healed by now," Rokata said sternly.

"All of that power is with Jade now."

Rokata smiled, "Then... You really are just a shriveled old hag." His smile shifted to a frown. "You've let yourself become an insult to my father's memory."

"You really are full of shit, you know? This isn't about anything but yourself!" Rokata walked past her bed and opened the blinds to the hospital window, staring out at the sunny landscape beyond. Tricis' expression softened. She slumped back in her bed, barely strong enough to stay awake. "Do ever even think about what you've thrown away."

"I can't allow myself to be weighed down with thoughts like that. I've made too much progress." Rokata replied.

"You're in over your head and looking for an out. You want Jade to kill you. That's why you're doing all this."

Rokata rested a hoof on the windowsill and smiled. "Perhaps... Jade winning wouldn't be the worst thing to happen to me, but I wont allow her to end my justified cause. I'll kill her if I can."

"You don't have to act like a tough guy around me."

Rokata held up his free hoof. It glowed and shook as it slowly transformed into his demonic claw. "No, you've always responded to action. We both know what's at stake here. Jade has to fight like she has nothing to lose."

On 7/24/2019 at 9:48 AM, Dynamo Pad said:

"So, let me see if I got this. You basically found a way to give your team demonic powers that made them more powerful and possibly psychotic than what they normally are? How about Mason, or was the Tenebris already a part of him when you ran into him? That's basically taking away their freedom and treating them like mindless puppets. They didn't have a choice in the matter! Rather, you...pray upon their...weakness..."

"I assure you, they all retain their freedom of will," Rail said, and he sounded honest. Though the reveal of how unhinged he was behind that formal exterior made him seem less trustworthy. "They had their reasons, all of them, to accept this gift, and they're all strong enough to control the nature of what they were given, and retain who they are. Nin created this technique to advance his studies and disprove the ponies who doubted him. Selene accepted this gift because she admires Rokata and wants to reach his end. Onyx accepted it because he hates Rokata and wants to kill him. Rokata had his own reasons, but hasn't explained them to anyone. Not even me."

Nin walked to Rail's side and stared at Dynamo, creating an uneasy tension. "All of them chose this, and they wouldn't turn back from it if they could. I wager you'd have your own reasons to improve yourself. The average pony wouldn't be able to control this gift, they'd become mindless, uncontrolled. But you- you could become something beautiful. I could give it to you if you want."

Rail stood up from his seat and started walking toward the door. "But you wanted to know what I was planning to play with you? It's a game for your entire team, but I wanted you to be the first to know. I bet Team Rokata will win the tournament."

"My wager is Tricis' life against my own." 

Maybe he's right. Maybe Twilight can stop my plans. But no one will stop that if they fail. The stakes are high enough now.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
21 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Rokata entered the quiet hospital room where Tricis was staying. The mare slowly woke as he approached her bed, sensing his mere presence.

"I wasn't expecting anyone but Jade to try to help you," he admitted.

"She surrounds herself with ponies... who are as stubborn as she is," Tricis replied.

"You're weak. You should have healed by now," Rokata said sternly.

"All of that power is with Jade now."

Rokata smiled, "Then... You really are just a shriveled old hag." His smile shifted to a frown. "You've let yourself become an insult to my father's memory."

"You really are full of shit, you know? This isn't about anything but yourself!" Rokata walked past her bed and opened the blinds to the hospital window, staring out at the sunny landscape beyond. Tricis' expression softened. She slumped back in her bed, barely strong enough to stay awake. "Do ever even think about what you've thrown away."

"I can't allow myself to be weighed down with thoughts like that. I've made too much progress." Rokata replied.

"You're in over your head and looking for an out. You want Jade to kill you. That's why you're doing all this."

Rokata rested a hoof on the windowsill and smiled. "Perhaps... Jade winning wouldn't be the worst thing to happen to me, but I wont allow her to end my justified cause. I'll kill her if I can."

"You don't have to act like a tough guy around me."

Rokata held up his free hoof. It glowed and shook as it slowly transformed into his demonic claw. "No, you've always responded to action. We both know what's at stake here. Jade has to fight like she has nothing to lose."

"Too much progress... from the result throwing away your own pride."

The sudden voice would reveal to be Copper Strikes, who was leaning against the near wall closest to the door leading into the room.  Since he was an Earth Pony, he could be able to detect ponies inside buildings using the floors below him, since they're connected to the earth around said building.  He had his demon accent, and his eyes were blood red, but he wasn't attacking Rokata.  "Before you ask, the host of this body wanted to check up on Tricis, but I had to take over momentarily when I sensed you."  

How he got there?  This was a few minutes after trying to send fear into the rest of Team Rokata for the finals, and apparently it didn't work.  Either way, he looked at the tall stallion before continuing.  "Let me ask you something, Rokata.  Will it be worth throwing your whole life away just to prove a thing that nobody has to choose?  We can't be heroes, yes... but we sure as hell can't be villains, either.  This entire thing... has your demise written all over it.  And for what?  A hollow claim to being a champion four years running in this stupid tournament.  You could have been a likable pony, Rokata...."  There was no anger, no sadness, no pity in his voice.  Nothing except resent.

Edited by DwhitetheGamer
Showing how he knew Rokata was there.

(edited)
1 hour ago, Literally Snails said:

"I assure you, they all retain their freedom of will," Rail said, and he sounded honest. Though the reveal of how unhinged he was behind that formal exterior made him seem less trustworthy. "They had their reasons, all of them, to accept this gift, and they're all strong enough to control the nature of what they were given, and retain who they are. Nin created this technique to advance his studies and disprove the ponies who doubted him. Selene accepted this gift because she admires Rokata and wants to reach his end. Onyx accepted it because he hates Rokata and wants to kill him. Rokata had his own reasons, but hasn't explained them to anyone. Not even me."

Nin walked to Rail's side and stared at Dynamo, creating an uneasy tension. "All of them chose this, and they wouldn't turn back from it if they could. I wager you'd have your own reasons to improve yourself. The average pony wouldn't be able to control this gift, they'd become mindless, uncontrolled. But you- you could become something beautiful. I could give it to you if you want."

Rail stood up from his seat and started walking toward the door. "But you wanted to know what I was planning to play with you? It's a game for your entire team, but I wanted you to be the first to know. I bet Team Rokata will win the tournament."

"My wager is Tricis' life against my own." 

Maybe he's right. Maybe Twilight can stop my plans. But no one will stop that if they fail. The stakes are high enough now.

As he listened to Rail's remark, Dynamo raised an eyebrow as if to say he wasn't sure if Rail was telling the truth or if he was lying. "I'm guessing I'm not going to get an answer as to why they each chose their reasons. Tricis had told me a bit about Rokata, while she trained Jade and I. Although, we don't know the exact details. I'm guessing it's too difficult to say as he must have gone through quite a change. Either that, or he wanted to change in order to rectify something of his past. I can't say as everyone has had their reasons to fight in this tournament." Dynamo had cast a downward glance towards the ground as he each heard the reasons of their team. "I remember Selene saying that she admired both sides of Rokata. Now, I'm starting to see what she meant. It just depends on who's saying that, or if they are all in control of this gift. I don't know much about Onyx, but he's more of a fight first and ask questions later kind of individual."

He turned his attention back to Rail, who had Nin walking up to his side. Dynamo could feel the tension in the air, but he didn't do anything about it. "You'd be right on that wager. I still want to become the best gamer in the world, but I just want to become stronger to protect what matters to me. I have my team to think about as some of them are my friends. Even some of the opponent's I've faced have also become my friends. I also have a friend back home who I consider both a close and a dear friend to me. She gave me hope when I lost someone very close to me in my life. It's her that has helped me to see that hope isn't really gone." He placed a hoof upon his heart as he felt glad to have remembered who has helped him to get this far. He soon felt himself taking a slight step backwards at the offer. "You're serious? You'd go and give me an offer to attain the same power as Selene and the others. What makes you think I won't turn on you and your team and use this 'gift' to defeat you all. Plus, you could always find a way to give me a bad 'gift' and make me either useless, or find a way to defeat me more easily. That, or I can imagine you'd have a fail safe to go and destroy me the moment I turn on you. Trust me when I say there's always a drawback to such a tempting offer." He wasn't planning on taking the offer, but he couldn't help in feeling intrigued, yet cautious of such a deal.

"I'm just saying that you see something that I might not. It's why you chose me and why you and Selene had said that I'm different than the other's on my team. Care to finally fill me in on what you're going on about, Rail? If not, then I guess it was worth an effort asking. Seeing how you act like a business pony and all." As Rail walked towards the door, Dynamo gasped at what the reveal of what game Rail was planning to play. He wasn't sure if Tricis was even still around, or not. He hadn't sensed her energy, but he didn't want to assume anything. Instead, he decided to act indifferent to everything. "That's a very dangerous game you're playing, Rail. You know as well as I do, that nobody is going to win in a game like this. True, it's interesting and makes the game fun in your eyes. However, who really wins in the end after all of this. I would have assumed that you would have wagered your life and Shining Armor's. Given that you're both the team owner's of your respective teams. I'm guessing betting on Tricis is a part of Rokata's plan too." He knew he would have to explain a lot to his team, but first he would have to find them first. At the moment, he was stuck in this room and had to get back to Crimos as soon as he could.

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

Rose stretched out with a few bottles in front of her. She was trying to figure out how to get the knife in close, without getting killed. She asked for another and the bartender gave her a quizzical look, but was handed another. Due to living with a dragon, she came almost drink more than anyone else.  

• Brohoof 1

@DwhitetheGamer @Unicorncob @Dynamo Pad @reader8363 @Arid_Blitz @dragon4111

Rokata walked back to the side of Tricis' bed, standing between her and Copper. "You're persistent for someone who has no reason to be here. Even Jade knows not to interfere with this, but here you are." Rokata's eyes narrowed at the earth pony who barged in on this private encounter unannounced. "I only fight job assignments and ponies who take my interest. You're neither. Though I will admit that your arriving here is fortunate for me."

Rokata stretched his clawed hand over Tricis chest and spread the talons. A glowing purple orb formed in his palm. "Tell Jade Lotus that I murdered her in cold blood. Tell her I liked it, and there isnt a drop of remorse in my soul," he instructed with a deep, gleeful smile. Was what he told him to say true? Motivations and truth were hard to pin down with Rokata, but Copper wouldn't be able to deny what he saw. Tricis was surrounded by a purple aura of light that shot from the orb in Rokata's claw like tendrils of lightning that surrounded her body. The old mare tensed up, rose slightly from her bed, and then went limp.

Was she dead? It certainly looked like it, and Copper was no longer able to feel her presence. She looked peaceful as the time they first found her after Rokata attacked her. But something was also off. Something was more than it seemed.

@reader8363

"Maybe you missed your calling. You know, you could win a lot of competitions with that iron stomach," Topaz said as she walked up behind Rose. She took up a seat next to her.

@Dynamo Pad

"Should I take your answer as a no?" Rail asked as he opened the door. He acted like he was about to leave Dynamo to his own devices now that he said all he needed to say.

22 minutes ago, Literally Snails said:

"Should I take your answer as a no?" Rail asked as he opened the door. He acted like he was about to leave Dynamo to his own devices now that he said all he needed to say.

Dynamo had waited for a response from Rail. Just like Selene, Rail was mostly silent throughout his explanation. It bothered him slightly as he didn't get a word, but he was used to it by now. He took notice of Rail starting to open the door and starting to leave the room. He wasn't sure if he was leaving, or he was messing with Dynamo's mind. He extended a hoof to Rail as he wanted to get his attention, before he decided to leave. "Hang on, Rail. I'm not going to say yes, but I'm not going to say no. I was just wondering if it would be okay to give you an answer later. If I see you again, then my answer will be yes. If I don't, then you know my other option. Does that sound fair?" He asks, starting to walk towards the door to meet Rail, while also starting to make his exit of the room, as well.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Literally Snails said:

Rokata walked back to the side of Tricis' bed, standing between her and Copper. "You're persistent for someone who has no reason to be here. Even Jade knows not to interfere with this, but here you are." Rokata's eyes narrowed at the earth pony who barged in on this private encounter unannounced. "I only fight job assignments and ponies who take my interest. You're neither. Though I will admit that your arriving here is fortunate for me."

Rokata stretched his clawed hand over Tricis chest and spread the talons. A glowing purple orb formed in his palm. "Tell Jade Lotus that I murdered her in cold blood. Tell her I liked it, and there isnt a drop of remorse in my soul," he instructed with a deep, gleeful smile. Was what he told him to say true? Motivations and truth were hard to pin down with Rokata, but Copper wouldn't be able to deny what he saw. Tricis was surrounded by a purple aura of light that shot from the orb in Rokata's claw like tendrils of lightning that surrounded her body. The old mare tensed up, rose slightly from her bed, and then went limp.

Was she dead? It certainly looked like it, and Copper was no longer able to feel her presence. She looked peaceful as the time they first found her after Rokata attacked her. But something was also off. Something was more than it seemed.

"..." There was only a round a silence from the demon-possessed pony for a few seconds.  Then he went to check her pulse, and to see if there were any demons possessing her just in case.  He could do both in one fell swoop, but that didn't stop him from saying, "Such a shame.  As the true host of this body said when you first met him face to face, there's no point in being afraid of the inevitable.  Though... you do realize that you've just signed your death certificate, right?  If I tell Jade Lotus what you had told me, then she will murder you in the finals.  I would figure that you'd force me to make this more private, and to top it off you'd kill the host right now."

The demon possessed pony couldn't help but give out a hearty laughter as he took his hoof off Tricis.  Then his eyes reverted to brown as the laugh faded into an emotionless state.  "If I was your father," Copper said, "I'd disown you."

• Brohoof 1

Rose placed the bottle down and said, "Almost, my dad hold the title of champion in that. I have limits of how much I can drink. How was the last fight, it must have been amazing, from what I've heard of the fights."

(edited)
On 7/29/2019 at 7:23 PM, Dynamo Pad said:

Dynamo had waited for a response from Rail. Just like Selene, Rail was mostly silent throughout his explanation. It bothered him slightly as he didn't get a word, but he was used to it by now. He took notice of Rail starting to open the door and starting to leave the room. He wasn't sure if he was leaving, or he was messing with Dynamo's mind. He extended a hoof to Rail as he wanted to get his attention, before he decided to leave. "Hang on, Rail. I'm not going to say yes, but I'm not going to say no. I was just wondering if it would be okay to give you an answer later. If I see you again, then my answer will be yes. If I don't, then you know my other option. Does that sound fair?" He asks, starting to walk towards the door to meet Rail, while also starting to make his exit of the room, as well.

Rail smiled, "Then what's to stop me from just seeking you out if I want your answer to be yes?" Nin walked through the door and Rauk followed bheind him. "You'll come to me if you make your decision. I don't make myself hard to find." He said before leaving Dynamo alone. By then, the stadium was mostly abandoned again. All the fans had plenty of time to leave after team Rokata's short fight.

On 7/29/2019 at 9:32 PM, reader8363 said:

Rose placed the bottle down and said, "Almost, my dad hold the title of champion in that. I have limits of how much I can drink. How was the last fight, it must have been amazing, from what I've heard of the fights."

"You mean you didn't watch it?" Topaz asked, with a shocked expression. Then her expression softened and she turned to her drink. "I don't blame you for that. Though that was your only chance to see Mason fight before the finals. You were asking about him the other day."

On 7/29/2019 at 8:38 PM, DwhitetheGamer said:

The demon possessed pony couldn't help but give out a hearty laughter as he took his hoof off Tricis.  Then his eyes reverted to brown as the laugh faded into an emotionless state.  "If I was your father," Copper said, "I'd disown you."

Rokata took one step closer to Copper, towering over him without saying a word. One might have expected him to say something like, 'It's a good thing I'm not  seeking your approval,' but instead he just said, "Good," before walking out of the room.

When copper checked her body, there was no pulse.

Edited by Literally Snails
  • Brohoof 2

Rose said as she crossed her front legs on the bar's surface, "I just got some information on what he is and a possible way to beat him from an odd source, so I was getting used to my new arm. From what I could tell, he's cocky and powerful enough to back it up, plus able to take on multiple enemies at once."

Edited by reader8363
  • Brohoof 1

On 8/3/2019 at 1:19 AM, Literally Snails said:

Rokata took one step closer to Copper, towering over him without saying a word. One might have expected him to say something like, 'It's a good thing I'm not  seeking your approval,' but instead he just said, "Good," before walking out of the room.

When copper checked her body, there was no pulse.

He figured there would be no pulse from Tricis, but he had to check to make sure.  Seeing that she was finally dead, Copper sighed lightly.  "If only you knew what you put yourself into, Rokata," he said to himself before leaving the room.

@Dynamo Pad He walked out of the hospital building, clearly showing a face of distraught.

On 8/3/2019 at 1:19 AM, Literally Snails said:

Rail smiled, "Then what's to stop me from just seeking you out if I want your answer to be yes?" Nin walked through the door and Rauk followed bheind him. "You'll come to me if you make your decision. I don't make myself hard to find." He said before leaving Dynamo alone. By then, the stadium was mostly abandoned again. All the fans had plenty of time to leave after team Rokata's short fight.

Dynamo could only just look on at Rail as he smiled. As if it seemed that the business pony had won and proved his point from his claims. "I guess it depends on if you have security camera's stationed around the entire hotel. I'm mostly training with some friends, but I guess you have friends in high places." He shrugged his shoulders as the blue unicorn didn't have an exact answer. He noticed that Nin was walking away, while Rail followed behind him. With a sigh, his shoulders slumped as he nodded briefly. "Very well, then. The moment I make my decision, then you'll be the first to know, Rail." As he was left alone, Dynamo couldn't hear the roar of the crowd from the stands. He guessed that everyone had made their leave as he was all alone again. He waited a moment longer, before making his leave of the room. He took the opposite direction of where Rail was going as he knew he had a lot to think about. At the moment, he needed to make his way back towards Canteen and the others. Seeing how he still had training that needed to be done if he was going to have a chance against Selene.

(edited)
On 8/3/2019 at 12:42 AM, reader8363 said:

Rose said as she crossed her front legs on the bar's surface, "I just got some information on what he is and a possible way to beat him from an odd source, so I was getting used to my new arm. From what I could tell, he's cocky and powerful enough to back it up, plus able to take on multiple enemies at once."

"And what are you doing in here?"  Topaz asked, "I bet the rest of your team is getting prepared. Do you feel like you're already ready?"

On 8/6/2019 at 12:07 PM, Dynamo Pad said:

As he was left alone, Dynamo couldn't hear the roar of the crowd from the stands. He guessed that everyone had made their leave as he was all alone again. He waited a moment longer, before making his leave of the room. He took the opposite direction of where Rail was going as he knew he had a lot to think about. At the moment, he needed to make his way back towards Canteen and the others. Seeing how he still had training that needed to be done if he was going to have a chance against Selene.

"You've been making yourself scarce," Dynamo heard Tatterhoof say. The showboat pony was behind him, walking through the same hallway with his cane at his side. It looked like he'd been pacing for some time trying to find the blue unicorn. He had to stop to straighten his uniform and tophat when he finally caught up with Dynamo. He took a deep breath and tapped his cane on the ground before leaning on it. "Here I thought you'd be the easy one to find."

@DwhitetheGamer @Unicorncob @dragon4111 @Arid_Blitz

Rokata left the room now that his business was done, leaving Tricis' body alone and in peace.

Edited by Literally Snails
  • Brohoof 2

10 minutes ago, Literally Snails said:

"You've been making yourself scarce," Dynamo heard Tatterhoof say. The showboat pony was behind him, walking through the same hallway with his cane at his side. It looked like he'd been pacing for some time trying to find the blue unicorn. He had to stop to straighten his uniform and tophat when he finally caught up with Dynamo. He took a deep breath and tapped his cane on the ground before leaning on it. "Here I thought you'd be the easy one to find."

Dynamo's ears perked as he stopped in his tracks from the sound of the new voice. He quickly turned around to see that it was none other than Tatterhoof. "Oh, Tatterhoof. It's been quite a while since we last saw each other. I guess I've been pretty busy with this whole tournament going on." He smiled sheepishly with a chuckle, while giving Tatterhoof an apologetic look. "I guess I'm considered easy to find, huh? My apologies. It's just that I've been going through a lot and tomorrow's fight has been a lot on my mind. By the way, what brings you here. You said you were looking for me. I'm guessing whatever the reason is must be important." He raised an eyebrow, waiting patiently as to why the leader of the first team they fought was looking for him.

Rose said as she stared at the bottle, "From the last fight and what I heard, I'm not sure if getting prepared will help, I mostly have my agility to help me with that, but it can go so far before it fails. I'm not so sure if I want survive the next battle."

@Unicorncob@Literally Snails

Draco took the blow head on, using the wind to soften the blow but still blood trickled down his face. "Hmm maybe but let us hope it's enough Jade," Draco stated as he looked at her. "All I can recommend is meditation," he stated gently to her. "And I offer you this Jade you're welcome to my guild everyone is welcomed should they accept it," Draco said with a smile on his face. He sighed to himself as he wiped away the blood.

• Brohoof 1