Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Everfree Dark Tournament RP

Literally Snails

12 hours ago, dragon4111 said:

Draco took the blow head on, using the wind to soften the blow but still blood trickled down his face. "Hmm maybe but let us hope it's enough Jade," Draco stated as he looked at her. "All I can recommend is meditation," he stated gently to her. "And I offer you this Jade you're welcome to my guild everyone is welcomed should they accept it," Draco said with a smile on his face. He sighed to himself as he wiped away the blood.

Jade took a deep breath. Yes, meditation. That was a good idea. A chance to get herself and the Dragon on the same page.

So, what? Are we done here?

I assume so, yes.

A shame, I was just getting into this battle. But I suppose this Rokata will give us plenty of entertainment come the morrow.

The flames diminished, and Jade was back to her normal look.

"Yes, I need some meditation after all that has happened," she said. "And... I will consider your offer."

On 8/7/2019 at 12:41 PM, Dynamo Pad said:

"I guess I'm considered easy to find, huh? My apologies. It's just that I've been going through a lot and tomorrow's fight has been a lot on my mind. By the way, what brings you here. You said you were looking for me. I'm guessing whatever the reason is must be important." He raised an eyebrow, waiting patiently as to why the leader of the first team they fought was looking for him.

"Your friend Ray brings me here." Tatterhoof said, leaning forward on his cane. "If it were up to me, I'd be out of this forest. Bad stuff happening here. Bad mojo. But I owe the Yokai I summoned a hefty debt and Ray made rather odd request. He wants me to use my expertice to help you  and your friends survive the finals. And as it just so happens, I have just the thing for you!"

On 8/7/2019 at 7:34 PM, reader8363 said:

Rose said as she stared at the bottle, "From the last fight and what I heard, I'm not sure if getting prepared will help, I mostly have my agility to help me with that, but it can go so far before it fails. I'm not so sure if I want survive the next battle."

"Well that's not the additude I expected." Topaz said with a sullen sigh. She could feel an uneasy tension around Rose. It was probably best that she didn't see Mason's fight. "I'm not really sure I understand what you mean by that, but I can feel what you're putting down. It feels like everyone around us is trying to turn the finals into the be-all-end-all. The innocent death matches are over."

21 hours ago, dragon4111 said:

Draco took the blow head on, using the wind to soften the blow but still blood trickled down his face. "Hmm maybe but let us hope it's enough Jade," Draco stated as he looked at her. "All I can recommend is meditation," he stated gently to her. "And I offer you this Jade you're welcome to my guild everyone is welcomed should they accept it," Draco said with a smile on his face. He sighed to himself as he wiped away the blood.

@Unicorncob

Soon after Jade left Draco alone, he felt a slight pressure on the top of his head like some small creature had made it its nest. When he looked up, he'd see Dai doing a perfect hoof stand on his scalp, using her yokai cuffs to make herself as light as a feather. She looked down on him with wide, vulnerable eyes and a look of concern across her lips. "Good job. You helped her get ready. Now what are you gonna do?" She asked in a sullen, almost defeated tone.

• Brohoof 2

4 minutes ago, dragon4111 said:

@Literally Snails

"I will fight Dai," Draco stated as he looked at her. "Something the matter I see your eyes. So sad do tell me what's the matter?" he asked her as he then swept her up into his hooves.

"You're gonna die." Dai said bluntly. "You wont last a minute in the ring with Nin. He's a bloodmage. You know he can just boil your blood in your veins before you get a chance to fight back, right?"

@Literally Snails

"Don't count me out just yet my dear Dai," Draco stated as he pets her. He smiled slightly. "I'm far too stubborn to die here Dai," he stated with a chuckle. "Hmmand your upset about my death? I thought you wouldn't care my dear considering your an ageless beauty,"

Rose smiled and said, "Pretty much, ponies will die tomorrow. Mason will be the toughest fight I ever had. He already beaten me in the forest, and would've killed me if it wasn't for a teammate interfering." She shook her head and said in a cheerful mood, "That's enough with morbidity and gloom. Even if I die tomorrow, I shouldn't sulk around." She gulped the rest of the bottle and added as she got the bar tender's attention, "Want to join me for a drink or two?"

5 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

"Your friend Ray brings me here." Tatterhoof said, leaning forward on his cane. "If it were up to me, I'd be out of this forest. Bad stuff happening here. Bad mojo. But I owe the Yokai I summoned a hefty debt and Ray made rather odd request. He wants me to use my expertice to help you  and your friends survive the finals. And as it just so happens, I have just the thing for you!"

"Ray!?" Dynamo exclaimed as he remembered Ray was the clown that he fought in the first round. "Well, I'll be. I haven't heard that name in quite a while. I hope he's been doing well." He smiled softly as he was glad to hear about a familiar, yet friendly name. "I don't get what you mean by a hefty debt, but I don't blame you about wanting to get out of this forest. I just want to be able to win with my team and then be able to go back home." He says, tilting his head slightly at the mention of a request. "An...odd request? What sort of thing do you have for me to survive the finals?" He raised an eyebrow as he wondered what Tatterhoof had for the blue unicorn to use.

12 hours ago, dragon4111 said:

@Literally Snails

"Don't count me out just yet my dear Dai," Draco stated as he pets her. He smiled slightly. "I'm far too stubborn to die here Dai," he stated with a chuckle. "Hmmand your upset about my death? I thought you wouldn't care my dear considering your an ageless beauty,"

Spoiler

Dai sprung off Dracos head, landing face to face across from him after a backflip. She crossed her front legs and looked down, avoiding direct eye contact with Draco. "You don't know what you're talking about. You don't deal with blood mages here on the surface. You don't know what they're capable of." She looked up and suddenly smiled, "But I can help you. At least a little bit, and then all that talk about being stubborn might actually mean something!" She suddenly snarled, "On the condition that you stop talking to me like  some two-bit cassenova."

12 hours ago, reader8363 said:

Rose smiled and said, "Pretty much, ponies will die tomorrow. Mason will be the toughest fight I ever had. He already beaten me in the forest, and would've killed me if it wasn't for a teammate interfering." She shook her head and said in a cheerful mood, "That's enough with morbidity and gloom. Even if I die tomorrow, I shouldn't sulk around." She gulped the rest of the bottle and added as she got the bar tender's attention, "Want to join me for a drink or two?"

Topaz blinked at Rose, taking a moment to consider the offer. "Well, I am already here, I guess. I could have a drink or two... And don't worry about paying, they're free for me."

The bartender stepped up to Rose and made eye contact with Topaz. The two nodded at one another. "Whatever she's having," Topaz said.

6 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

"Ray!?" Dynamo exclaimed as he remembered Ray was the clown that he fought in the first round. "Well, I'll be. I haven't heard that name in quite a while. I hope he's been doing well." He smiled softly as he was glad to hear about a familiar, yet friendly name. "I don't get what you mean by a hefty debt, but I don't blame you about wanting to get out of this forest. I just want to be able to win with my team and then be able to go back home." He says, tilting his head slightly at the mention of a request. "An...odd request? What sort of thing do you have for me to survive the finals?" He raised an eyebrow as he wondered what Tatterhoof had for the blue unicorn to use.

"I'm glad you asked!" Tatterhoof said while reaching into the inner pocket of his jacket. He pulled out a plastic impliment that looked like a rectangular game controller with four colored buttons, a D pad and a joystick in the corner. It had a rubber strap that wrapped all the way around like a thick wristband. "Tada! Recognize it?"

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

"I'm glad you asked!" Tatterhoof said while reaching into the inner pocket of his jacket. He pulled out a plastic impliment that looked like a rectangular game controller with four colored buttons, a D pad and a joystick in the corner. It had a rubber strap that wrapped all the way around like a thick wristband. "Tada! Recognize it?"

Dynamo stood with a puzzled look upon his face as he watched Tatterhoof reached into his jacket pocket. As he pulled out the plastic implement, Dynamo was still confused. Upon seeing the four colored buttons, a D-Pad and joystick in the corner, Dynamo's jaw dropped. "There's no way. It can't be..." He gasped, looking up towards Tatterhoof and down to the game controller repeatedly. His eyes gleamed as he, indeed, recognized the controller. "Is this the Power Glove for the Neightendo Entertainment System, or NES for short? How did Ray even find this!? I remember hearing that the Power Glove was long gone years ago. I've heard stories, but this is the first time I've seen the Power Glove up close." He smiled with admiration as he felt unworthy to be in the presence of the gaming controller. 

Edited by Dynamo Pad

Rose nodded to Topaz and said, "Since they will be my last few tonight. Let's go something a little stronger." The bartender grabbed two bottles and set them down in front of Topaz and Rose. Rose took a gulp of it and sighed with content. Even though her dad could drink stronger stuff, he got her hook on this drink since it was his favorite.

Jade left Draco to his own devices and travelled back toward the arena. She had figured that Tricis needed time alone to recover, and with the fights over for the day, there would be nopony to disturb her.

She flew up over the walls and landed in the centre of the ring. She was the only one there as far as she knew, and she preferred it. She took a deep breath and sat down, closing her eyes and dipping her head. Her thoughts fogging her mind slowly cleared...

She was in a grassy plain, surrounded by tall mountains. The sky was dotted with white clouds. A gentle breeze brushed her mane and fur.

"So," began the dragon, and she opened her eyes to see the creature looming over her, "this is where you go to clear your head? Your 'happy place', as mortals like to call it?"

Jade kept sat down as she looked him in the eyes. "I suppose you could call it that, yes. I wanted us to get a firm understanding of where we stand."

"Did we not agree on this earlier? I provide strength, you provide control."

"That was surface-level at best. I wish to be more thorough."

"Hm, interesting. Very well, pony, tell me your thoughts."

"I thought we could start by referring to each other by name, instead of just 'pony' and 'dragon'. My name is Jade Lotus."

"I know your name, I was not using it so we were on equal terms. I am not a spirit you summoned from the Beyond Realm. I am pure power taken from the dragons there, given form and thought."

"Then, what would you prefer I call you?" Jade blinked, as she could swear she saw a smirk on the dragon's face.

"Surprise me."

She looked at her hooves, biting her lip. She was not good with naming things. "Um... how about Shao?"

The dragon tilted his narrow head. "Hmm... short, but easy to say quickly. I accept this name."

Jade nodded slowly. "Now, are you able to read my mind?"

Shao shook his head. "Only your emotions. We share a body, but our thoughts are our own, unless one permits the other to do so. I suddenly sense a firm relief." He added, a teasing tone to his voice.

Jade tried to hide the blush on her face. "S-so, I can call upon your strength whenever I wish?"

"No," the dragon said firmly. "Not yet, at least. You seem of noble heart and strong body, but I am not completely convinced that I may trust you with my strength without asking my permission. However, this battle with Rokata shall determine for me if you are truly worthy. Prove to me that you can be trusted with my power on your own, and I will grant you the privilege."

"A test, is it?" Jade summarised. "Very well. But I do not want for you to take over my body again."

"That was a test as well," Shao explained. "Many call upon the strength of the dragons, but few have the mind and body to control that power. You were able to bring yourself back, so you have proven you are capable of wielding my strength. I only wish to see now if you deserve such power."

"So you want me to prove myself because we need each other to survive?"

"You're at least quick on the uptake. I have your best interests in mind, I trust the feeling is mutual?"

Jade nodded without hesitation. "As I said before, we will only survive tomorrow's battle if we cooperate. I will not misuse your power, and you will not misuse my body."

"Agreed. Your mind and body are still your own, I am simply an emergency power source."

"And perhaps a friend?"

"Perhaps."

Jade nodded. "Very well. Perhaps, now that we are both mentally ready for this battle, we should start on the physical side?"

"That is not an unwise idea."

Shao began to fade into the air, and the plains and mountains dissipating into black...

Jade opened her eyes. Her vision was blurred for a moment, but she was back in the ring. How much time had passed? She was unsure, but that was trivial. Her time was limited.

She stood up and stretched out her limbs, before starting to practice. She used a mental image of Rokata in attempt to predict and counter what moves she thought he would use, to prepare for the real thing.

Master Tricis will not leave this world feeling regret. I will not allow it.

• Brohoof 1

On 8/9/2019 at 2:11 PM, Dynamo Pad said:

Dynamo stood with a puzzled look upon his face as he watched Tatterhoof reached into his jacket pocket. As he pulled out the plastic implement, Dynamo was still confused. Upon seeing the four colored buttons, a D-Pad and joystick in the corner, Dynamo's jaw dropped. "There's no way. It can't be..." He gasped, looking up towards Tatterhoof and down to the game controller repeatedly. His eyes gleamed as he, indeed, recognized the controller. "Is this the Power Glove for the Neightendo Entertainment System, or NES for short? How did Ray even find this!? I remember hearing that the Power Glove was long gone years ago. I've heard stories, but this is the first time I've seen the Power Glove up close." He smiled with admiration as he felt unworthy to be in the presence of the gaming controller. 

Tatterhoof smiled and leaned toward Dynamo with one eyebrow raised. "Not only is it a limited edition, it's also enchanted! The kind of enchantment you can only get with the help of yokai. No mere unicorn can pack the power this thing has." He hoofed the controller to Dynamo and waited for him to put it on. "Go ahead and try it out! It's called a Quest Controller, and it can create items and entities from the games you know best."

On 8/9/2019 at 2:48 PM, reader8363 said:

Rose nodded to Topaz and said, "Since they will be my last few tonight. Let's go something a little stronger." The bartender grabbed two bottles and set them down in front of Topaz and Rose. Rose took a gulp of it and sighed with content. Even though her dad could drink stronger stuff, he got her hook on this drink since it was his favorite.

The bartender nodded. Something strong meant something specific when serving Topaz. She had her regular orders. The bartender mixed up a fruity drink with three shots of different spirits on the counter and gave one to Topaz and Rose. Topaz took the first drink while saying. "My dad is boring. He only drinks his fancy liquor straight up. No cocktails."

On 8/9/2019 at 6:22 PM, dragon4111 said:

@Literally Snails

"Very well Dai," Draco stated with a chuckle. "I do mean it when I compliment you," he stated with a shrug. "But if you want me to stop so be it," he chuckled. "So shall we begin this training?"

Dai shook her head, both at Draco's promise and his suggestion. "That's not the kind of help I'm talking about. You're not gonna spar your way to a victory against Nin. Like I said, he can just control your blood, make it come out your eyes or something like that. That'll be a decisive end to any argument no matter how many pressups you did the previous day. What you need is something that can protect yourself, make it so he can't use your blood, at least not while it's in your body. Get it?"

@Unicorncob @Dynamo Pad @DwhitetheGamer @reader8363 @dragon4111

Shining Armor sat in the hotel room scanning through a stack of folders brought in by a tan mare with a black mane and red, square-rimmed glasses. He was awaiting the return of his team, but knew they had other matters to attend to first.

• Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Tatterhoof smiled and leaned toward Dynamo with one eyebrow raised. "Not only is it a limited edition, it's also enchanted! The kind of enchantment you can only get with the help of yokai. No mere unicorn can pack the power this thing has." He hoofed the controller to Dynamo and waited for him to put it on. "Go ahead and try it out! It's called a Quest Controller, and it can create items and entities from the games you know best."

Dynamo whistled in amazement as he heard about the limited edition of the power glove. "If my team and I can get through the rest of this tournament, then everyone back home won't believe that I got a limited edition power glove." He chuckled slightly, but he suddenly stopped as he heard about the mention of it being enchanted. "I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Seeing how you and the others had some kind of enchantment in your fighting styles. Although, that does beg the question, or possibility. When you mention no mere unicorn can use this power glove, then I'm guessing it's due to having a lot of magic and/or imagination, or something along those lines." After being handed the controller, Dynamo had placed the power glove on his front right hoof. It was a perfect fit as he moved his front right hoof around to test his mobility in the off chance he had to fight. "What are you trying to say, Mr. Tatterhoof? What do you mean this Quest Controller can create items and/or entities from other games?" He narrowed his eyes slightly as he heard what Tatterhoof's response. The blue unicorn almost didn't want to believe his words at what could possibly have been the case.

Edited by Dynamo Pad

8 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Shining Armor sat in the hotel room scanning through a stack of folders brought in by a tan mare with a black mane and red, square-rimmed glasses. He was awaiting the return of his team, but knew they had other matters to attend to first.

Jade finished off her physical training, panting as she properly stood back up. She had done all she could to prepare herself for her upcoming fight. She knew she would need Shao's assistance, and she was happy he was willing to help. For the most part.

She left the arena and returned to her room, walking inside to see the two ponies.

"Shining Armour," she greeted her team's benefactor, then looked at the mare. "And you are...?"

Rose said as she took a sip of her drink, "I would guess it, with the tournament being intense, he balances it out, or he's just old fashion when it comes to drinks. Sometimes boring and old fashion are good way to live. "

9 hours ago, Unicorncob said:

Jade finished off her physical training, panting as she properly stood back up. She had done all she could to prepare herself for her upcoming fight. She knew she would need Shao's assistance, and she was happy he was willing to help. For the most part.

She left the arena and returned to her room, walking inside to see the two ponies.

"Shining Armour," she greeted her team's benefactor, then looked at the mare. "And you are...?"

Shining Armor sighed and dropped the stack of folders on the hotel room coffee table. He was obviously dealing with as much stress as the rest of the team. He pushed the files away and sat back when Jade entered the room.

The mare didn't respond to Jade asking who she was. She waited for Shining Armor to explain for her. "This is Quill Weave. I told you I had ponies researching team Rokata right?" He explained. "She's been searching Celestia's archives for everything we have on them. It wasn't much, but we have something on each of them. I'm not sure if any of it will help, though."

11 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

After being handed the controller, Dynamo had placed the power glove on his front right hoof. It was a perfect fit as he moved his front right hoof around to test his mobility in the off chance he had to fight. "What are you trying to say, Mr. Tatterhoof? What do you mean this Quest Controller can create items and/or entities from other games?" He narrowed his eyes slightly as he heard what Tatterhoof's response. The blue unicorn almost didn't want to believe his words at what could possibly have been the case.

Tatterhoof moved his hoof to an on-switch on the side of the controller. "Careful, It's got a real kick and needs a lot of power." He flipped the switch and Dynamo immediately felt the effect. It was like a cool wind rushed through his body, then the leg he wore the controller on felt heavy and warm, like it was strapped to a hot iron. The sensation dulled, but he still felt encumbered by it.

"Entities. Items. Weapons. Anything you have the power to conjure." Tatterhoof explained. "You'll need a lot of magical energy, but you'll also need intimate knowledge of the games you're using. I tried it out myself and I was only able to create four-piece blocks."

2 hours ago, reader8363 said:

Rose said as she took a sip of her drink, "I would guess it, with the tournament being intense, he balances it out, or he's just old fashion when it comes to drinks. Sometimes boring and old fashion are good way to live. "

Topaz slowed down with her drink. The alcohol was already effecting her. "You talk about your dad a lot," She said, "Who was he? Someone I should know about?"

• Brohoof 2

21 minutes ago, Literally Snails said:

Tatterhoof moved his hoof to an on-switch on the side of the controller. "Careful, It's got a real kick and needs a lot of power." He flipped the switch and Dynamo immediately felt the effect. It was like a cool wind rushed through his body, then the leg he wore the controller on felt heavy and warm, like it was strapped to a hot iron. The sensation dulled, but he still felt encumbered by it.

"Entities. Items. Weapons. Anything you have the power to conjure." Tatterhoof explained. "You'll need a lot of magical energy, but you'll also need intimate knowledge of the games you're using. I tried it out myself and I was only able to create four-piece blocks."

Dynamo raised an eyebrow as he heard Tatterhoof's warning, before he felt a small, yet cool wind rush through his body. It was as if he felt another sense of energy within, but he winced as the Quest Controller felt heavier than before. "It's taking a good amount of my concentration to hold the Quest Controller. Why is this controller so heavy? It didn't seem heavy when you tossed it over to me before." The warm, yet hot iron sensation dulled, but it was still difficult for the blue unicorn to move around. "This is only an education guess, but I'm going to take a wild guess. It needs a lot of energy to sustain the heavy feeling? If I do that, then the Quest Controller won't feel that heavy to begin with. Allowing for more movement and function to fight?"

As Tatterhoof explained in more detail to his question, Dynamo's eyes widened at the possibility given to him. "So, you're saying I could make anything from games? A keyblade, the monado blade. A deity kind of summon from Final Fantasy, a Pokemon of any generation." The list went on and on, but he soon stopped as a thought had occurred to him. "Wait a minute. There's got to be a catch, right? Something as amazing and as powerful as this Quest Controller has to have some kind of drawbacks, am I right? This is just way too good to be true, sir. Also, by what you explained. I'm going to go and guess that four-piece blocks is relatable to the video game, Tetris. I can see you making a pretty strong, yet sturdy wall for defense, or for a good circus performance."

Edited by Dynamo Pad

Rose smiled and said, "Before me or my mother came into the picture. He would do anything for money, even assassinations, he would have wanted, but the princesses needed him for some stuff. He retired rich, and I took over his business. He was well known underground." Some old memories popped up, and she tried not to giggle at them

16 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Shining Armor sighed and dropped the stack of folders on the hotel room coffee table. He was obviously dealing with as much stress as the rest of the team. He pushed the files away and sat back when Jade entered the room.

The mare didn't respond to Jade asking who she was. She waited for Shining Armor to explain for her. "This is Quill Weave. I told you I had ponies researching team Rokata right?" He explained. "She's been searching Celestia's archives for everything we have on them. It wasn't much, but we have something on each of them. I'm not sure if any of it will help, though."

Jade looked at Quill Weave, not sure what to think about her refusal to speak. Nonetheless, she was curious about this information regarding Team Rokata.

"Any help is better than none," she said, hovering onto the bed and sitting down to look at the ponies. "What have you learned?"

• Brohoof 1

14 hours ago, Unicorncob said:

Jade looked at Quill Weave, not sure what to think about her refusal to speak. Nonetheless, she was curious about this information regarding Team Rokata.

"Any help is better than none," she said, hovering onto the bed and sitting down to look at the ponies. "What have you learned?"

"It would probably be best to wait for the rest of the team to get here so I don't have to repeat myself." Shinging Armor explained. "I could tell you about Rokata, since you're the only one who needs to know about him. Do you know where any of the others are?"

On 8/13/2019 at 6:40 PM, reader8363 said:

Rose smiled and said, "Before me or my mother came into the picture. He would do anything for money, even assassinations, he would have wanted, but the princesses needed him for some stuff. He retired rich, and I took over his business. He was well known underground." Some old memories popped up, and she tried not to giggle at them

Topaz set her drink down after taking one more sip. She laid her front hooves against the table and leaned forward. "So you're following in his hoofsteps? Do you know what got you invited to this tournament?"

On 8/13/2019 at 6:18 PM, Dynamo Pad said:

As Tatterhoof explained in more detail to his question, Dynamo's eyes widened at the possibility given to him. "So, you're saying I could make anything from games? A keyblade, the monado blade. A deity kind of summon from Final Fantasy, a Pokemon of any generation." The list went on and on, but he soon stopped as a thought had occurred to him. "Wait a minute. There's got to be a catch, right? Something as amazing and as powerful as this Quest Controller has to have some kind of drawbacks, am I right? This is just way too good to be true, sir. Also, by what you explained. I'm going to go and guess that four-piece blocks is relatable to the video game, Tetris. I can see you making a pretty strong, yet sturdy wall for defense, or for a good circus performance."

"First off, you can't summon anything living. I said it was items and weapons you could make. Second, of course there's a catch. You're feeling it right now!" Tatterhoof explained. He used his cain to tap the unicorn's leg bellow the controller. "That heavy numb feeling is caused by the machine drawing power whenever its turned on. And it takes a hell of a lot. With your Magical Well the size it is, I'd say you can maybe use it three times a day. Four if you want to use up everything you have."

• Brohoof 2

Rose said as she traced the day before the invitation arrived, "Lets see, I was finishing up on a warehouse and  the day after is when I was invited. SO I'll have to go out on a limb and say I must've missed a pony, and told about it." She took a few gulps of her drink and moved it more to the side.

"First off, you can't summon anything living. I said it was items and weapons you could make. Second, of course there's a catch. You're feeling it right now!" Tatterhoof explained. He used his cain to tap the unicorn's leg bellow the controller. "That heavy numb feeling is caused by the machine drawing power whenever its turned on. And it takes a hell of a lot. With your Magical Well the size it is, I'd say you can maybe use it three times a day. Four if you want to use up everything you have."

As Tatterhoof began explaining what could and could not be summoned by the controller, Dynamo had a look of somewhat disbelief. "At least that narrows my options a little on what can and can't be done. You did m-miss one detail. You said entities before. It's why I t-thought I'd ask so I could cover my bases and/or options." He winced as he grit his teeth, while Tatterhoof used his cane to tap the leg his controller was connected. As the leader began to explain the drawbacks, Dynamo looked down to see his legs were shaking. He had to assume that this was due to the effects of the machine drawing energy. "I'm going to guess that the energy keeps syphoning as the heavy numb feeling takes place. Meaning that the magic is always on and draining to keep the controller working. In the off chance that I need to call upon a weapon or item at the last possible second. So, I guess Ray was able to see that I had a lot of magic potential. Seeing how you said my Magical Well is what it is." Dynamo looked down at the controller and sighed. A look of worry and understanding were present in his eyes. "I can use this controller up to about four times to make weapons and items, huh? At least, this way, I know that I can't go overboard with my other spells. That reminds me, sir. Am I able to use this for close combat? Such as powering up the controller to deliver a devastating punch? Also, is there anything else that I should know about with this Quest Controller?" 

"It would probably be best to wait for the rest of the team to get here so I don't have to repeat myself." Shinging Armor explained. "I could tell you about Rokata, since you're the only one who needs to know about him. Do you know where any of the others are?"

"I wish I did," Jade sighed, looking down at her hooves. "All I know is Draco is somewhere in the forest."

She looked back up at Shining Armour. "Anything I can learn about Rokata will help."

You're not starting to doubt that our power can defeat him, are you?

No, but the more advantages we have, the better.

Good point.

Edited by Unicorncob

17 hours ago, reader8363 said:

Rose said as she traced the day before the invitation arrived, "Lets see, I was finishing up on a warehouse and  the day after is when I was invited. SO I'll have to go out on a limb and say I must've missed a pony, and told about it." She took a few gulps of her drink and moved it more to the side.

"That's usually what gets you invited here. Having a bad reputation with the ponies on the committee." Topaz explained. "But I bet that's not the real reason your here. My father was very selective this year. Don't tell anyone else about  this, but I think he wants this to be the last Dark Tournament. I'm kind of bummed about it."

12 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

"I can use this controller up to about four times to make weapons and items, huh? At least, this way, I know that I can't go overboard with my other spells. That reminds me, sir. Am I able to use this for close combat? Such as powering up the controller to deliver a devastating punch? Also, is there anything else that I should know about with this Quest Controller?" 

"The controller only does one thing. It's not a weapon in that sense," Tatterhoof said. "That's really all I can do to aid you, though  I can suggest that you turn the thing off when you aren't using it. Looks painful." Tatterhoof tapped his cane, waiting to make sure Dynamo didn't have anything else to say before they parted ways.

12 hours ago, Unicorncob said:

"I wish I did," Jade sighed, looking down at her hooves. "All I know is Draco is somewhere in the forest."

She looked back up at Shining Armour. "Anything I can learn about Rokata will help."

@dragon4111 @DwhitetheGamer

Quill scooped up one of the folders and adjusted her glasses. "Rokata is an alias," She explained, "But we don'thave his real name. All our information comes from criminal records under that alias. His age is suspected between 60 and 65. He just appeared 47 years ago, completely identical to the way he is now both in appearance and demeanor. He aimlessly started doing mercenary work, charging an exorbanent fee for his services, but there's no record of him ever owning a home or investing his money. He just grew his fortune and never used it. Then things get more complicated." She turned a page in the folder and scanned the contents. "Those who worked with him say he doesn't accept every contract he's offered, but ther isn't any consitancy between the jobs he accepts and the ones he doesn't. He's taken jobs that inolve some pretty, gruesome details... but also rejected jobs that were nearly similar. He's rejected simple body guard positions, but his longest contract was as a bodyguard for Big Shot. For five years about a decade ago. There just isn't a predictable pattern of behavior here. He clearly opperates on a complicated set of rules. Though I believe his quality of character is cut and dry. He's done some unspeakable thingsfor his criminal clients, including slaughtering an entire tribe of Minotaurs, the very tribe his teammate Onyx is from!"

• Brohoof 1