Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Everfree Dark Tournament RP

Literally Snails

Rose's right ear slightly twitched with interest and she said as turned to Topaz, "I won't tell anything, not a soul, what makes you think that it will be the last one and do you know what he has planned for the end?"

8 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

"The controller only does one thing. It's not a weapon in that sense," Tatterhoof said. "That's really all I can do to aid you, though  I can suggest that you turn the thing off when you aren't using it. Looks painful." Tatterhoof tapped his cane, waiting to make sure Dynamo didn't have anything else to say before they parted ways.

"Fair enough. I thought I should ask and not assume anything. I wouldn't want to ruin a game controller that basically gives you just about any sort of weapon and/or item from a majority of games. Thanks for letting me know about all of this, Mr. Tatterhoof." He says, nodding as Tatterhoof had mentioned of turning the controller off. "Do you know how to turn this off, exactly? I mean, I can understand taking the controller off of my front left hoof. Although, is there a way to turn off the controller, while still having the controller on my arm?" He asks, watching at Tatterhoof tapped his cane on the controller. He wanted to make sure there was a better way of not draining magic, before the two would part ways.

14 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Quill scooped up one of the folders and adjusted her glasses. "Rokata is an alias," She explained, "But we don'thave his real name. All our information comes from criminal records under that alias. His age is suspected between 60 and 65. He just appeared 47 years ago, completely identical to the way he is now both in appearance and demeanor. He aimlessly started doing mercenary work, charging an exorbanent fee for his services, but there's no record of him ever owning a home or investing his money. He just grew his fortune and never used it. Then things get more complicated." She turned a page in the folder and scanned the contents. "Those who worked with him say he doesn't accept every contract he's offered, but ther isn't any consitancy between the jobs he accepts and the ones he doesn't. He's taken jobs that inolve some pretty, gruesome details... but also rejected jobs that were nearly similar. He's rejected simple body guard positions, but his longest contract was as a bodyguard for Big Shot. For five years about a decade ago. There just isn't a predictable pattern of behavior here. He clearly opperates on a complicated set of rules. Though I believe his quality of character is cut and dry. He's done some unspeakable thingsfor his criminal clients, including slaughtering an entire tribe of Minotaurs, the very tribe his teammate Onyx is from!"

Despite herself, a chill ran up Jade's spine hearing just what kind of pony Rokata was. That was to be her opponent in the coming hours.

Quite the character, isn't he.

"That makes no sense," she finally said. "Onyx would fight alongside the one who murdered his kin?"

3 hours ago, Unicorncob said:

Despite herself, a chill ran up Jade's spine hearing just what kind of pony Rokata was. That was to be her opponent in the coming hours.

Quite the character, isn't he.

"That makes no sense," she finally said. "Onyx would fight alongside the one who murdered his kin?"

@dragon4111 @DwhitetheGamer @Dynamo Pad @reader8363

"That's not something we've been able to figure out. Our intelligence shows that Rokata is stronger than Onyx, but not so much that he could hold him against his will. Onyx must be here by choice." Shining Armor said.

"But we should discuss him when the others are here. Particularly Copper." Quill added.

8 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

"Fair enough. I thought I should ask and not assume anything. I wouldn't want to ruin a game controller that basically gives you just about any sort of weapon and/or item from a majority of games. Thanks for letting me know about all of this, Mr. Tatterhoof." He says, nodding as Tatterhoof had mentioned of turning the controller off. "Do you know how to turn this off, exactly? I mean, I can understand taking the controller off of my front left hoof. Although, is there a way to turn off the controller, while still having the controller on my arm?" He asks, watching at Tatterhoof tapped his cane on the controller. He wanted to make sure there was a better way of not draining magic, before the two would part ways.

Tatterhoof flipped the same switch he used to turn it on, and the heavy sensation in Dynamo's leg quickly left. "There's a power switch." He said bluntly, "I thought that would be something you'd be used to."

15 hours ago, reader8363 said:

Rose's right ear slightly twitched with interest and she said as turned to Topaz, "I won't tell anything, not a soul, what makes you think that it will be the last one and do you know what he has planned for the end?"

"He always has a plan, but I don't know what it is," Topaz said. "You can just feel it in the air around the guy. He's planning something big. And when he does something big, he takes everything else down."

• Brohoof 1

16 minutes ago, Literally Snails said:

Tatterhoof flipped the same switch he used to turn it on, and the heavy sensation in Dynamo's leg quickly left. "There's a power switch." He said bluntly, "I thought that would be something you'd be used to."

@DwhitetheGamer

As Tatterhoof flipped the switch that was used to turn on the Quest Controller, the heavy and numbing sensation in Dynamo's arm had quickly left. "Oh." He smiled sheepishly at the mention of the controller having a power switch. "Sorry about that, sir. I guess I didn't notice the power switch. I just thought that if one used their magic, then it would activate the controller." He chuckled, before giving Tatterhoof a grateful look. "Still, thank you for the help. I'll make sure to figure this out and use this to my full potential. I really have to get going. Seeing how I have to go back to Team Crimos and continue my training. If you see Ray, can you tell him I said thanks? If he was here, then I'd tell him in person and give him a hug." He says, turning around as he started to make his way towards the main lobby of the hotel. 

Rose said as she looked around, "So, if I have it correct. even if we win or lose, something big will happen, that might be the end of us all?" She grabbed her bottle and guzzled it down, then she placed it on the other bottles 

(edited)
5 hours ago, dragon4111 said:

@Literally Snails

"How about we walk and talk then Dai," Draco stated as he started to walk with the demoness. He was grinning slightly as the two walked together. He was humming to himself as he listened to Dai.

Dai followed Draco slowly when he started moving. "I can give you something that will stop him from killing you so easily. Blood mages wont be able to use your blood. But it will require a pact. It might not be something you want to do."

2 hours ago, reader8363 said:

Rose said as she looked around, "So, if I have it correct. even if we win or lose, something big will happen, that might be the end of us all?" She grabbed her bottle and guzzled it down, then she placed it on the other bottles 

"Geez, you have a flair for the dramatic. I just said this would be the last tournament." Topaz said as she stood up from her stool. "I don't know anything about ending everyone. Unless you know something I don't. Anyway, You mighht want to find your way back to your team. I think we both need some rest."

9 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

"Still, thank you for the help. I'll make sure to figure this out and use this to my full potential. I really have to get going. Seeing how I have to go back to Team Crimos and continue my training. If you see Ray, can you tell him I said thanks? If he was here, then I'd tell him in person and give him a hug." He says, turning around as he started to make his way towards the main lobby of the hotel. 

Tatterhoof waved until Dynamo was out of earshot and then grumpilly huffed. "Yeah, I'll be sure to thank him, since he's the one who did all the work."

When Dynamo made it to the hotel lobby, the place was quiet, but he could hear Jade and Shining Armor talking from their hotel room.

Edited by Literally Snails

Rose said as she stood up as well, "Just call it a hunch,  that whatever is planned, it will be determined by the winner on how bad it will be." She shook her head a bit to clear it and slowly walked towards her room  to rest and recover a bit before she'll have to fight.

6 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Tatterhoof waved until Dynamo was out of earshot and then grumpilly huffed. "Yeah, I'll be sure to thank him, since he's the one who did all the work."

When Dynamo made it to the hotel lobby, the place was quiet, but he could hear Jade and Shining Armor talking from their hotel room.

@Unicorncob

As Dynamo was making his way towards the hotel lobby, he was left to his thoughts as the place was quiet. 'After everything I learned...why must things be so difficult. First, I learn that Rail isn't who he seems to be. Second, I learned about the secrets of Rokata's team. I guess that even Rail has his trust in me, or he thinks he's so unstoppable at this point, that it doesn't matter what we learn. I can't even believe he gave me the option to be like Rokata and the others on that team of his.' He stopped momentarily, looking down at his two front hooves. One that had the Quest controller and the one that didn't. It was as if he was looking at the options that were placed before him.

'Should I just tell him the deal is off and just use my own strength? Or...' He gasped, shaking his head vigorously to try and erase such thoughts of weakness. 'NO! I can't just succumb to this, but I...I want to have some sort of chance to help us win.' He sighed, turning his head as he looked up towards the ceiling. A look of worry and feeling lost were present in his eyes. "If only I knew where Jade and the others were so that I could talk to them. I haven't seen them since yesterday after the whole semi finals had ended." He was brought out of his train of thought by the sound of a couple of voice. Those voices belonging to Jade and Shining Armor, who were discussing something from their hotel room. 

Dynamo had been so lost in thought that he didn't realize that he had walked back to his team's hotel room. He slowly made his way towards the room number. before knocking on the door with his front hoof that didn't have the controller. "Jade? Shining Armor? It's Dynamo. I just wanted to let you know it's me as I'm walking in." He noted, before opening the door, walking inside the room and closing the door behind him. "Sorry, but I just wanted to alert you of my presence. After everything we've gone through, it'd be nice to be alerted." He eyed the door behind him as he remembered the times they were either ambushed or taken by surprise.

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

18 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

"That's not something we've been able to figure out. Our intelligence shows that Rokata is stronger than Onyx, but not so much that he could hold him against his will. Onyx must be here by choice." Shining Armor said.

"But we should discuss him when the others are here. Particularly Copper." Quill added.

Jade bit her lip. None of this made any sense; Onyx's kin was slain by Rokata, yet he chooses to fight by his side? What was going on?

2 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

As Dynamo was making his way towards the hotel lobby, he was left to his thoughts as the place was quiet. 'After everything I learned...why must things be so difficult. First, I learn that Rail isn't who he seems to be. Second, I learned about the secrets of Rokata's team. I guess that even Rail has his trust in me, or he thinks he's so unstoppable at this point, that it doesn't matter what we learn. I can't even believe he gave me the option to be like Rokata and the others on that team of his.' He stopped momentarily, looking down at his two front hooves. One that had the Quest controller and the one that didn't. It was as if he was looking at the options that were placed before him.

'Should I just tell him the deal is off and just use my own strength? Or...' He gasped, shaking his head vigorously to try and erase such thoughts of weakness. 'NO! I can't just succumb to this, but I...I want to have some sort of chance to help us win.' He sighed, turning his head as he looked up towards the ceiling. A look of worry and feeling lost were present in his eyes. "If only I knew where Jade and the others were so that I could talk to them. I haven't seen them since yesterday after the whole semi finals had ended." He was brought out of his train of thought by the sound of a couple of voice. Those voices belonging to Jade and Shining Armor, who were discussing something from their hotel room. 

Dynamo had been so lost in thought that he didn't realize that he had walked back to his team's hotel room. He slowly made his way towards the room number. before knocking on the door with his front hoof that didn't have the controller. "Jade? Shining Armor? It's Dynamo. I just wanted to let you know it's me as I'm walking in." He noted, before opening the door, walking inside the room and closing the door behind him. "Sorry, but I just wanted to alert you of my presence. After everything we've gone through, it'd be nice to be alerted." He eyed the door behind him as he remembered the times they were either ambushed or taken by surprise.

She looked at the door as Dynamo stepped in. "Do you know where the others are?"

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Unicorncob said:

She looked at the door as Dynamo stepped in. "Do you know where the others are?"

After taking a few steps forward, the blue unicorn turned to his team captain and shook his head. "Sorry, but I don't know where any of the others are. To be honest, most of them had run off after you when we won the semi finals." He stopped as he remembered about Snow. He wasn't sure if telling about what happened to Snow was such a good idea. Although, if the time came up to talk about it, then he'd do his best to explain. "For the most part, I've been with Team Crimos after our fight and they aren't that bad once you get to know them. For the most part, they're helping me out in getting ready for the finals tomorrow."

He turned his attention to Shining Armor, while a mare was next to him with a bunch of documents and files. "What's been going on in here? Have you found out something that might require a team meeting of sorts?" He asks, turning his attention back to Jade. 

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad @Literally Snails @Unicorncob @reader8363 @dragon4111

He knew there would be a team meeting he'd be late to.  He just knew.  After clearing his head, he made his way to Shining's office where he had seen Dynamo, Shining and Jade.  The moment he saw Jade, however, made him say, "Jade, there's something I need to tell you."

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, DwhitetheGamer said:

He knew there would be a team meeting he'd be late to.  He just knew.  After clearing his head, he made his way to Shining's office where he had seen Dynamo, Shining and Jade.  The moment he saw Jade, however, made him say, "Jade, there's something I need to tell you."

Jade raised an eyebrow as Copper addressed her, and she looked at him. The others still hadn't arrived, so there was time. "And that would be?"

3 hours ago, Unicorncob said:

Jade raised an eyebrow as Copper addressed her, and she looked at him. The others still hadn't arrived, so there was time. "And that would be?"

He had to breathe, for he didn't know what was gonna come from Jade.  "It's about Tricis." he began.  Originally he had planned to take it slowly, but it was better to just say it now and get it over with.  "Rokata told me to tell you that he murdered her in cold blood, and that he liked it and has no remorse for doing it."  He didn't speak fast, he didn't stutter, he just flat out said it.

• Brohoof 1

On 8/17/2019 at 9:56 AM, Dynamo Pad said:

He turned his attention to Shining Armor, while a mare was next to him with a bunch of documents and files. "What's been going on in here? Have you found out something that might require a team meeting of sorts?" He asks, turning his attention back to Jade

"That wasn't my intention, no," Said Shining Armor. "I used my connections to get all the information I could on Team Rokata. I'm not even sure if what we have here is worth sharing, but-"

@DwhitetheGamer @Unicorncob

Shining Armor stopped in his tracks. He didn't look surprised by what Copper said. Instead, he tilted his head down and sighed, like this was something he knew would happen, but it was the inconvenience that troubled him. This was one of the things Tricis had warned him about, but he thought, perhaps foolishly, that it could be avoided.

"Yes! This does make more sense!" His assistant, Quill Weave said as she excitedly opened up Rokata's folder again. She seemed illiterate to the tone of the situation. "That must be where the patern lies with Rokata. He hasn't been increasingly aggressive. He's increasingly self destructive!"

On 8/17/2019 at 1:38 AM, reader8363 said:

Rose said as she stood up as well, "Just call it a hunch,  that whatever is planned, it will be determined by the winner on how bad it will be." She shook her head a bit to clear it and slowly walked towards her room  to rest and recover a bit before she'll have to fight.

Rose made it to the hotel room to see the scene unfolding. Shining Armor sitting with his head hung, Quill looking through her folder, Copper standing between Dynamo and Jade after saying something that was clearly important. She'd have to put the pieces together on her own.

On 8/17/2019 at 1:09 AM, dragon4111 said:

@Literally Snails

"A pact eh? Hmm How so Dai?" Draco asked with a chuckle. "And to offer it with a heavy price so if we enter a pact what do you want from me?" he asked seriously looking at her in the eyes as they are walking.

"Nin's powers come from my world," Dai explained. "The only way a pony can gain the powers of blood magic is by binding themselves with demon. That's why it's so dangerous. A unicorn as powerful as Nin can control the more negative side effects of that kind of alliance, but there are still drawbacks to his power. Blood magic won't work on demon blood, that includes Yokai like me. If you had demon blood mixed with your own, it wouldn't stop him from being able to use blood magic, but it will stop him from using your blood for it." She stopped walking when they were in an issolated grove, a breeze rushing between the two of them. "This will cost you dearly, however. I fear your lifespan will be cut in half if you and I make this exchange. Your body isn't made to contain our blood."

• Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, DwhitetheGamer said:

He had to breathe, for he didn't know what was gonna come from Jade.  "It's about Tricis." he began.  Originally he had planned to take it slowly, but it was better to just say it now and get it over with.  "Rokata told me to tell you that he murdered her in cold blood, and that he liked it and has no remorse for doing it."  He didn't speak fast, he didn't stutter, he just flat out said it.

As the door opened behind them, Dynamo turned to see Copper had made it to their hotel room. "Hey, Copper. It's good to see you again, my friend. I hadn't seen you and the others after the semi finals yesterday." He was thankful that Copper was okay. He could only hope that Draco was okay, as well. They had lost a team member already. He wanted to try and hope that they wouldn't lose anyone else. At the mention of what happened to Tricis, it was as if time had stopped for the blue unicorn. He had to take a moment to try and process what he had been told. "W-Wait a minute. T-Tricis is gone? Was there a way to tell, or was this just a guess?" He wanted to continue asking questions, but the mention of Rokata had stopped his multitude of questions. "So...that's why he wasn't at the arena today. I guess he wanted to see if he took care of anything and everything. I can't believe this. Why is he so set on wanting to destroy our coach to begin with?"

5 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

"That wasn't my intention, no," Said Shining Armor. "I used my connections to get all the information I could on Team Rokata. I'm not even sure if what we have here is worth sharing, but-"

Shining Armor stopped in his tracks. He didn't look surprised by what Copper said. Instead, he tilted his head down and sighed, like this was something he knew would happen, but it was the inconvenience that troubled him. This was one of the things Tricis had warned him about, but he thought, perhaps foolishly, that it could be avoided.

"Yes! This does make more sense!" His assistant, Quill Weave said as she excitedly opened up Rokata's folder again. She seemed illiterate to the tone of the situation. "That must be where the patern lies with Rokata. He hasn't been increasingly aggressive. He's increasingly self destructive!"

@Unicorncob @reader8363

Dynamo's ears perked as he heard another voice in the room. He looked over and noticed it was the assistant, who stood next to Shining Armor. He noticed as she had opened up a folder that seemed to have information on Rokata. "Increasingly self destructive? So, it seems this isn't the first time that he's been acting the way he's been." At the mention of information, Dynamo quickly turned his attention to Jade, Shining Armor and the assistant. "You're looking for information? I think I have some info that can be used to illuminate some the subject. You see, I watched the matches today with Rokata's team against the remaining team. Although, I wasn't at the arena. Rail had invited me to the room reserved for the higher-ups and business ponies. It wasn't until after the matches that he began to explain everything to me. I don't know why he would. I guess he's so confident in himself, that losing isn't in his definition."

• Brohoof 1

On 8/18/2019 at 4:06 PM, DwhitetheGamer said:

Jade froze. Her heart skipped a beat. She could barely register what she'd just heard, let alone believe it. He actually did it? Just like that?

She shook her head. No, this had to be some sick game. Rokata was trying to get into her head, make her lose focus.

But, then again, what if he really did do it?

He does seem the type.

On 8/18/2019 at 8:37 PM, Literally Snails said:

She looked up at Quill Weave, eyes wide with shock. How could she be so excited about this?

On 8/19/2019 at 2:32 AM, Dynamo Pad said:

Dynamo's ears perked as he heard another voice in the room. He looked over and noticed it was the assistant, who stood next to Shining Armor. He noticed as she had opened up a folder that seemed to have information on Rokata. "Increasingly self destructive? So, it seems this isn't the first time that he's been acting the way he's been." At the mention of information, Dynamo quickly turned his attention to Jade, Shining Armor and the assistant. "You're looking for information? I think I have some info that can be used to illuminate some the subject. You see, I watched the matches today with Rokata's team against the remaining team. Although, I wasn't at the arena. Rail had invited me to the room reserved for the higher-ups and business ponies. It wasn't until after the matches that he began to explain everything to me. I don't know why he would. I guess he's so confident in himself, that losing isn't in his definition."

She tried to pay attention, but she kept glancing toward the door, her thoughts being tugged in different directions.

You want to see for yourself?

I need to be certain.

We should probably stay and listen first. If your teacher is still alive, she can wait another few minutes.

Jade sighed and pulled her attention back to the meeting.

On 8/18/2019 at 6:53 PM, dragon4111 said:

@Literally Snails

Draco began to chuckle. "Half my life span eh? Eh what is there to lose," Draco stated as he looked at her right in the eyes. "I accept," he stated with a grin on his face slightly. "ANd what else is there to this pact?"

"For you, that's all," Dai explained. She lifted her right front leg cut a long gash into it with her sharp snaggletooth, coaxing out a steady dribble of thick, purple blood. "Now all you need to do is make yourself bleed."

On 8/18/2019 at 8:32 PM, Dynamo Pad said:

@reader8363 @DwhitetheGamer @Unicorncob

"Ego is a fairly common theme among all of Team Rokata's members, could explain that behavior, but you should tell us what he told you." Quill Weave said. Then she turned to Copper and Rose. "And for you, we've found informations on the opponent's you'll be fighting. I can share that now if-"

Shining Armor tapped Quill on the shoulder to let her know that it wasn't the right time. He looked at Rose, who remained strangely silent. "Rose, do you want to talk first? You've been quiet."

• Brohoof 2

Rose looked at Shining with a slight bit of confusion, then she shook her head and said as her confusion disappeared, "No thanks, I don't have anything to say. I just had a few dozen drinks right before I got here. I'm just tired" 

@Literally Snails

Draco smirked as he pulled out his gauntlets then a obsidian claw. He sliced along his leg and said "Sometimes in this world there needs no more heroes but sometimes monsters," Draco stated with a chuckle as he looked at her. He let his red blood drip into her purple blood.

8 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

"Ego is a fairly common theme among all of Team Rokata's members, could explain that behavior, but you should tell us what he told you." Quill Weave said. Then she turned to Copper and Rose. "And for you, we've found informations on the opponent's you'll be fighting. I can share that now if-"

Shining Armor tapped Quill on the shoulder to let her know that it wasn't the right time. He looked at Rose, who remained strangely silent. "Rose, do you want to talk first? You've been quiet."

@DwhitetheGamer @Unicorncob @reader8363

Dynamo had looked over to Rose, while waiting patiently if she had anything to add towards the meeting. After getting her response, the blue unicorn had turned toShining Armor, Quill and the rest of the team. "Ego sounds to be a really popular trait within this tournament. Even so, I'll tell you everything that I was told. As I talked to Rail, he started to sound as if he had gone crazy. His calm demeanor was gone. He said that he wants to have all the wealth that this tournament had been providing him. However, his goal isn't to live off of the wealth. He told me about Cumulus's home, in Trottingham. He managed to bring peace, but there was something more beneath the surface. Their other member, Nin. It turns out that he's a bloodmage, who used a ritual to awaken demon's from within other ponies and creatures. That's what happened to Rokata and the others on that team of theirs. It's the work of Yokai." He paused momentarily to let that information sink in to the rest of the team.

"Now I can see what Tricis was telling you and I when she mentioned that we were like Rokata. We were what he was like before this all happened. I don't know exactly what caused him to change, but now it's starting to make sense." He turned to his captain, before continuing. "Rail wants nothing more than to destroy the peace and order that's held in Equestria. He wants to start riots, bring order to an end and to even start riots, chaos and destruction. He's planning to build an army of what Rokata and the others are right now. He'll plan to build his own order where there are no rules. Where everyone is equal, yet everyone is gone." He sighed as he looked towards the ground.

"The weird thing was what he told me after that. He said...that none of Rokata's team are being controlled. They all still have their free will. They all had their reasons and they chose to accept this offer. I don't know Rokata's reasons for going down this path. Rail even admitted that even he didn't know. Selene accepted as she admires Rokata and wants to reach his end goal. Onyx accepted because he despises Rokata and wants to eliminate him. Mason? He's the wildcard on this one. I don't know about if he was offered this same power or not, but I want to say I don't think so. I remember he appeared before us after the semi-finals." He looked back up to Shining Armor's gaze. Hoping that he and the others remembered the previous events. "There was some talk about this Tenebris. It's like a parasite that's attached to Mason. Apparently, it's been a part of him for years. His fight against the other team was brutal, yet insane. I know I tried to fight him when it involved saving Rose, before facing Team Lockdown. However, he was doing things with the use of his shadow that even I hadn't seen before."

It was then that he remembered the deal of Rail's game. "Wait minute, you guys. Rail had said he wanted me to stop by the private room because he wanted me to play a game with him. He said that in this final battle, he's going to make a big gamble. He wants to be his life with Tricis's life. If that's the case, then Rokata couldn't have just gotten rid of Tricis. There's no way. Why make a bet when you don't have all the pieces assembled. Granted, we can't put our eggs in one basket and trust what's been said to us. So, I'd take what Rokata had done with a grain of salt." He says, not wanting to mention about the offer to gain that same strength just yet. He would wait, until the time was right to bring that up. For now, he turned his attention to Quill with a curious eyebrow raised. "You said you found information on the opponent's we'll be fighting. Do you have any information on Selene? I think any info we'll get on our opponents will be very helpful at this point."

• Brohoof 2