Literally Snails

Private Everfree Dark Tournament RP

Recommended Posts

On 9/3/2019 at 12:43 AM, Literally Snails said:

"Well I suppose we'll talk about Nin next. We do have the most complete records on him," Quill explained. She flipped the two folders left in the stack and opened Nin's. The first page of the folder had a photograph of Nin that looked similar to the one of Selene in her folder. It was a professional headshot. He looked to be the same age that he is today, but the square rimmed glasses and plaid button down he was wearing looked outdated. He had a slick haircut and a wide, innocent smile. He looked like a farcry from the aloof, all-serious bloodmage they saw today. The most surprising thing on his info sheet was his age listed at 72 years old.

"Ninasi Ray. Goes by Nin now." Quill explained. "He was a tenured transfiguration professor at Celestia's school for gifted unicorns, and before you ask, he was not with the academy when Selene studied. As far as we know, the two never met one another at the university." Quill flipped the page to another image of Nin in a penguintail suit posing with other faculty at the university, including Celestia herself. The image was black and white and looked like something that would be hanging in a university hallway. "Ninasi was the youngest transfiguration professor in the school's history, and that record still hasn't been surpassed. This photo was taken fifty years ago."

@DwhitetheGamer @reader8363 @Unicorncob @dragon4111

At the mention of talking about Nin, Dynamo nodded as Quill flipped through Nin's folder. The blue unicorn was happy to hear that they had complete records on their next opponent of the team. As he saw the photograph, Dynamo was surprised to see that it was Nin. The photograph didn't even look like the serious bloodmage that he knew since this tournament. What caught Dynamo really off guard was how old Nin was. "Wait a minute. Seventy-Two years old!? That doesn't even make any sort of sense. It's like he hasn't even aged a day." He blinked a couple of times as he was left in disbelief. He shook his head to try and stay focused on the task at hoof. 

As he listened to the information about Nin, Dynamo raised an eyebrow at the mention of the school he attended. "Why does it always seem like some villains are from Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns? I know you said that Nin wasn't with the academy when Selene studied there, but you'd think the school had a couple of bad eggs, or something like that." As Quill flipped through the pages, he looked at the black and white photograph of Nin. Along with Princess Celestia and other faculty members of the school. "That photo was taken fifty years ago? So, if that's true, then Nin was around twenty-two in the photograph. That does sound pretty young to be known as the youngest transfiguration professor." At that moment, a thought had occurred to the gaming unicorn. "You said he was a transfiguration professor. I don't know much of the subject, but transfiguration is all about a change in form or appearance into a beautiful or spiritual state. If that's the case, then maybe Nin was able to alter his appearance, or something along those lines. He's still that age, but he found a way to keep his youth. You don't suppose he's been going about these types of experiments even back then. The idea of working on these rituals to give other ponies and creatures the power to use Yokai." He says, turning his attention to Quill. 

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)
On 9/3/2019 at 7:53 AM, Unicorncob said:

Jade nodded slowly. It made sense to her; Rokata had been preparing for this one battle for years, and maybe he expected her to feel the same. If she came at him fast, perhaps it would take him off guard.

"I remember Master Xiang telling me something similar during my training," she said. "If your opponent is larger, you need to be faster."

"I don't feel size really matters when you're fighting at this level. Tricis taught us that." Shining Armor said. He looked down and slowly scratched the deck with his hoof. "Tricis... actually spoke to me before Rokata attacked her after your test. I think she expected to die that day and not today."

Shining Armor vividly remembered the moment Tricis came to his room. She looked as stern and resolute as always, but something about the way she carried herself betrayed that she was she was apprehensive about something. "I hope you already know that I'm not going to be around as long as you will," The elderly mare said to him before adding a snarky, "Please, try not to act too surprised."

"Jade will do fine without me. She already has another teacher. But if I'm not there for her in the finals for any reason, tell her something for me."


Shining Armor said to Jade, "She said to tell you that Rokata can't weigh you down with his crap. And try not to die tommorrow because she finally has some time for peace and quiet and she wants a few years before she has to answer more of your and Dynamo's constant questions. That sound like something she would say?"
 

On 9/4/2019 at 12:27 AM, dragon4111 said:

@Literally Snails

Draco stood there as he tried slowing his heart. He growled to himself as he muttered " I will not die here," he muttered that over and over again. He looked to poor Dai. He closed his eyes. His life flashed before his eyes.  Each fight, each close call of death. This was his closes he had to the Dealer. Yeah death was knocking at the door. But  he said "NO!" as he yelled that he sent out a large tornado. circling both him and Dai them in the eye of the tornado as it died down. He then collapsed onto Dai's body. His warmth radiated off of him.

Mason and Nin were alone in their private hotel room situated across from the feild where Draco and Dai were, separated only by a line of trees. They both looked up from their seats when they heard the tornado whirling in the distance, rattling the glasses on their coffee table. Nin squinted at the display, knowing exactly who it was thatcreated that surge he was feeling.

"They're finally ready to play," Mason said with a smile. "You aren't nervous, are you?"



Dai's eyes slowly opened. She held the side of her head like she was having a throbbing headache and didn't realize yet that Draco was unconscious on top of her. "What? Why can't I feel my hind legs?" She asked before looking down at Draco laying on her. She blinked, paused for a moment, and then flung him off of her. "You jerk!" She shouted. "Don't act like you didn't land on me like that on purpose! I don't care if you are dead!" She stood up over Draco and then her expression softened. "Oh... Are you okay? Please tell me you aren't dead!"

 

20 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

"You said he was a transfiguration professor. I don't know much of the subject, but transfiguration is all about a change in form or appearance into a beautiful or spiritual state. If that's the case, then maybe Nin was able to alter his appearance, or something along those lines. He's still that age, but he found a way to keep his youth. You don't suppose he's been going about these types of experiments even back then. The idea of working on these rituals to give other ponies and creatures the power to use Yokai." He says, turning his attention to Quill. 

@reader8363 @DwhitetheGamer

"That's a good theory Dynamo, but unfortunately the answer is a bit more macabre." Quill replied. "Ninasi did not work at the school for long. Three years into his tenure, Nin was fired from his position and banished from practicing magic by Celestia herself, though he's clearly broken that second order. This punishment was given because he was descovered secretly using his position to research blood magic. He believed he could use the dark art to unnaturally extend his life and power. Though it was believed that his plot was foiled, it seems he did find the secrets he was looking for."

Edited by Literally Snails
  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

@Literally Snails

Draco groaned as he opened one of his eyes then shut them after he got bucked off. "Oh god loud noises," Draco muttered as he covered his ears "what did we have to drink that knocked out a demoness like you?" he asked her quietly. "Oh wait now I remember the pact,"

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

7 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

"That's a good theory Dynamo, but unfortunately the answer is a bit more macabre." Quill replied. "Ninasi did not work at the school for long. Three years into his tenure, Nin was fired from his position and banished from practicing magic by Celestia herself, though he's clearly broken that second order. This punishment was given because he was descovered secretly using his position to research blood magic. He believed he could use the dark art to unnaturally extend his life and power. Though it was believed that his plot was foiled, it seems he did find the secrets he was looking for."

@DwhitetheGamer @reader8363

Dynamo smiled slightly as he was glad he was on the right track with his theory. That all changed as Quill began to explain more about Nin. "I'm honestly surprised. I expected Nin to be working at that school for a very long time. Given that the photograph was many years old. To be thrown out after three years is rather alarming. I don't really understand the whole second order. Granted, I've never lived in Canterlot before. I'm guessing this is a sort of protocol only specific to Canterlot, or this is for the entirety of Equestria." At the mention of blood magic, the blue unicorn's eyes widened slightly. "So, he's been researching blood magic all this time!? That's why he looks as young as he was from back then. Whatever he found, it looks as if he was able to find more than just prolong his life and his power. I'm beginning to wonder if he found the way to place yokai within the souls and bodies of other ponies and creatures, while working as a professor. It just sounds like he was able to accomplish so much in secret with only three years."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

"I don't feel size really matters when you're fighting at this level. Tricis taught us that." Shining Armor said. He looked down and slowly scratched the deck with his hoof. "Tricis... actually spoke to me before Rokata attacked her after your test. I think she expected to die that day and not today."

Shining Armor vividly remembered the moment Tricis came to his room. She looked as stern and resolute as always, but something about the way she carried herself betrayed that she was she was apprehensive about something. "I hope you already know that I'm not going to be around as long as you will," The elderly mare said to him before adding a snarky, "Please, try not to act too surprised."

"Jade will do fine without me. She already has another teacher. But if I'm not there for her in the finals for any reason, tell her something for me."


Shining Armor said to Jade, "She said to tell you that Rokata can't weigh you down with his crap. And try not to die tommorrow because she finally has some time for peace and quiet and she wants a few years before she has to answer more of your and Dynamo's constant questions. That sound like something she would say?"

Jade rolled her eyes when Shining Armour relayed Tricis's message, but she had a smile on her muzzle. "That is exactly what she would say."

The fact that Tricis had so much faith in her winning this battle made a warmth form in her chest. "Rokata will not get in my head. I swear, I will defeat him."

I daresay there is not much room left in your head anyway, with me here.

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

(edited)
On 9/5/2019 at 10:33 AM, Unicorncob said:

Jade rolled her eyes when Shining Armour relayed Tricis's message, but she had a smile on her muzzle. "That is exactly what she would say."

The fact that Tricis had so much faith in her winning this battle made a warmth form in her chest. "Rokata will not get in my head. I swear, I will defeat him."

I daresay there is not much room left in your head anyway, with me here.

"I'm gonna go join with the others then. You'll be able to use that resolve tomorrow." Shining Armor said before he opened the door to the balcony and walked back to the others.

On 9/5/2019 at 10:19 AM, Dynamo Pad said:

"So, he's been researching blood magic all this time!? That's why he looks as young as he was from back then. Whatever he found, it looks as if he was able to find more than just prolong his life and his power. I'm beginning to wonder if he found the way to place yokai within the souls and bodies of other ponies and creatures, while working as a professor. It just sounds like he was able to accomplish so much in secret with only three years."

@DwhitetheGamer @reader8363

"He's most likely responsible for that, yes," Quill agreed as Shining Armor walked back into the room, "Blood magic has unnaturable abilities. And it's incredibly dangerous. It's not an ability that ponies are supposed to posess, and there's no way to learn it without consorting with demons."

She turned to Rose who was still sleeping on the couch. Should she even bother with showing what she had on Mason?

On 9/5/2019 at 12:52 AM, dragon4111 said:

@Literally Snails

Draco groaned as he opened one of his eyes then shut them after he got bucked off. "Oh god loud noises," Draco muttered as he covered his ears "what did we have to drink that knocked out a demoness like you?" he asked her quietly. "Oh wait now I remember the pact,"

Dai stepped back and let Draco stand back up. They had been through an agonizing experience, but now that they lived through it, they felt more or less like normal. "Well, I'm surprised you didn't really take much time to think about this decision, but at least we don't have to worry about your lifespan any more. I'll just have to star thinking like you." She explained, revealing that this pact had the same effect on her lifespan as his, if Draco could read between the lines.

Edited by Literally Snails
  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

@Literally Snails

"So your life span is cut in twain aswell eh?" Draco asked as he began to stand up. he looked at her. He chuckled slightly and said "So why did you propose you do this?" Draco asked as he looked intop her eyes with his silver ones. "Unless you fell for my charms?" draco asked jokingly as he spread out his large wings as to stretch. "I livew life to the fullest Dai. I party hard and I work hard," Draco said simply. "And to fall in love hard," he said simply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

4 minutes ago, Literally Snails said:

"He's most likely responsible for that, yes," Quill agreed as Shining Armor walked back into the room, "Blood magic has unnaturable abilities. And it's incredibly dangerous. It's not an ability that ponies are supposed to posess, and there's no way to learn it without consorting with demons."

She turned to Rose who was still sleeping on the couch. Should she even bother with showing what she had on Mason?

@DwhitetheGamer @reader8363 

"I'd say it's very likely as Rail had told me everything from what Nin had done to the team." He says, as he noticed Shining Armor walking back into the room in the corner of his eyes. "Here's something I don't get. What is blood magic, anyway? I'm going to just guess that it's a forbidden type of magic. Using blood, maybe one's own soul and other forbidden properties in said magic. I only thought certain powerful spells in books were forbidden to be used for a reason. Now I'm starting to learn of magic that I've never heard exist before. I'm guessing there's no way to counteract this kind of magic."

Dynamo saw Quill looking to the side, while noticing slightly the gaze was towards Rose. She was still asleep and probably wouldn't wake up for a while. "So, what should we do? Should we go over Mason and see what he's all about? If we have to, then maybe we can relay the message to Rose when she wakes up. I was told by Rail that Selene and Onyx are afraid of Mason. Not sure about Rokata or Nin, but it's better if we all hear what's going on about this guy."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

"I'm gonna go join with the others then. You'll be able to use that resolve tomorrow." Shining Armor said before he opened the door to the balcony and walked back to the others.

Once she was alone on the balcony, Jade took a deep and leaned her hooves on the railing, staring at the horizon. Her heart began to pound.

You're nervous.

If all said is true, I cannot say I don't fear for my life at least a little. Rokata will not make this easy for us.

And we shall return the favour. Fear means you understand the risks, but do not let it overcome you.

Yes, you're right.

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

On 9/6/2019 at 6:55 PM, dragon4111 said:

@Literally Snails

"So your life span is cut in twain aswell eh?" Draco asked as he began to stand up. he looked at her. He chuckled slightly and said "So why did you propose you do this?" Draco asked as he looked intop her eyes with his silver ones. "Unless you fell for my charms?" draco asked jokingly as he spread out his large wings as to stretch. "I livew life to the fullest Dai. I party hard and I work hard," Draco said simply. "And to fall in love hard," he said simply.

Dai huffed and looked away from Draco. "Don't be silly! I only did this because I've been alive for so long that I don't particularly care to see anything more, and that Nin character rubs me the wrong way. This was just an easy way to solve both of those problems at once. I still haven't fallen for you." She flicks Draco's snout with her tail.

On 9/6/2019 at 7:03 PM, Dynamo Pad said:

"Here's something I don't get. What is blood magic, anyway? I'm going to just guess that it's a forbidden type of magic. Using blood, maybe one's own soul and other forbidden properties in said magic. I only thought certain powerful spells in books were forbidden to be used for a reason. Now I'm starting to learn of magic that I've never heard exist before. I'm guessing there's no way to counteract this kind of magic."

@Unicorncob @dragon4111 @reader8363 @DwhitetheGamer

"I believe you were told about the different sources of magic, correct?" Quill asked as Shining Armor sat down beside her. He was sitting inches away from where Rose was sleeping. "Magical Well, Magical Aptitude, Magical Potential, Magical Power and Life Energy."

"Blood magic is about taking life energy and turning it into those other four forms." Shining Armor said, speaking with the authority of someone who's dealt with this before. "Technically any pony can use life energy in a desperate situation, but life energy is just that, and if anypony else uses it, it would likely result in their death. Blood mages are able to use life energy without dying by sacrificing blood, and the worst part is that it doesn't need to be their own blood. They can steal it from others. Life Energy is incredibly powerful, which is why this art is so tempting, but it's so difficult and dangerous to learn that blood mages are rare."

On 9/6/2019 at 7:03 PM, Dynamo Pad said:

I was told by Rail that Selene and Onyx are afraid of Mason. Not sure about Rokata or Nin, but it's better if we all hear what's going on about this guy."

(Rail didn't say that. Mason said it in a gloat. So it may or may not be true.)

@reader8363

Quill looked at Rose with her brow furrowed. This wouldn't do. Rose could wait a little longer before she needed to sleep and this information was important! Quill took Mason's folder, rolled it up, and then smacked Rose over the head with it to wake her up.

 

  • Brohoof 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

@Literally Snails

"Please Dai tell me what you really want to say," Draco stated as he walked around her after she flicked her tail at him. He looked into her eyes. He stepped closer to her. Their mouths close to each other. "I want to know what you're really thinking," he said gently to her he slowly wrapped up her wounded leg with a few make shift bandages.

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

5 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

"I believe you were told about the different sources of magic, correct?" Quill asked as Shining Armor sat down beside her. He was sitting inches away from where Rose was sleeping. "Magical Well, Magical Aptitude, Magical Potential, Magical Power and Life Energy."

"Blood magic is about taking life energy and turning it into those other four forms." Shining Armor said, speaking with the authority of someone who's dealt with this before. "Technically any pony can use life energy in a desperate situation, but life energy is just that, and if anypony else uses it, it would likely result in their death. Blood mages are able to use life energy without dying by sacrificing blood, and the worst part is that it doesn't need to be their own blood. They can steal it from others. Life Energy is incredibly powerful, which is why this art is so tempting, but it's so difficult and dangerous to learn that blood mages are rare."

@DwhitetheGamer @reader8363 @Unicorncob

Dynamo took a deep breath and sighed. Shaking his head hesitantly as he felt somewhat embarrassed. "To be honest? No, I haven't. I only gained my magic around five years ago. I was born with magic, but due to my horn, the doctor's told my parents that it was a birth defect. I thought I wasn't able to use magic until recently. My mother only told me the basics of how magic could be done, but that was it. I was only told about the well of Magic that Miss Sueno of Team Crimos during some training today." He responded as Shining Armor had walked in and sat down.

As he explained the meaning of Blood magic, Dynamo was intrigued that he was learning more about magic. Yet, he was surprised that such other kinds of magic existed. "I seem to recall using a bit of life energy during that battle with Patchwork. I felt really weak and tired, but there had been so much going on. From the chimera poison, the poison that the Chemist was using to give him power and from my Mind Racer spell." He shook his head as he didn't know how it all happened. "Seeing that blood mages can also use the blood of others, then I'm going to guess that he can keep a sample, or vial of one's blood for safe keeping. They do sound rare as I've never heard of a blood mage, but it looks like Nin is one of the rare one's. With the power to extend one's life and the power to give Yokai entities to others. Is there anything else that a blood mage can do that we'd need to be wary of?"

  • Brohoof 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

"I believe you were told about the different sources of magic, correct?" Quill asked as Shining Armor sat down beside her. He was sitting inches away from where Rose was sleeping. "Magical Well, Magical Aptitude, Magical Potential, Magical Power and Life Energy."

"Blood magic is about taking life energy and turning it into those other four forms." Shining Armor said, speaking with the authority of someone who's dealt with this before. "Technically any pony can use life energy in a desperate situation, but life energy is just that, and if anypony else uses it, it would likely result in their death. Blood mages are able to use life energy without dying by sacrificing blood, and the worst part is that it doesn't need to be their own blood. They can steal it from others. Life Energy is incredibly powerful, which is why this art is so tempting, but it's so difficult and dangerous to learn that blood mages are rare."
 

Jade turned her head and looked toward the hotel room, and her team inside. She walked back in to rejoin the meeting, feeling that any information, even not involving Rokata, might be helpful.

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

Rose groaned at the smack and opened her eyes and subtly glared at Quill before asking: "What do you need?" She stretched out her limbs and relaxed back into the couch. She was still groggy from the alcohol that she drank and barely waking up by a smack to the head

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

On 9/8/2019 at 1:22 AM, dragon4111 said:

@Literally Snails

"Please Dai tell me what you really want to say," Draco stated as he walked around her after she flicked her tail at him. He looked into her eyes. He stepped closer to her. Their mouths close to each other. "I want to know what you're really thinking," he said gently to her he slowly wrapped up her wounded leg with a few make shift bandages.

Dai let the two dwell in the moment for a few seconds, Draco getting closer to her as she spoke. She then raised the hoof of her free leg and placed it on Draco's snout, pushing his head back. Though she didn't pull back with her wounded leg. "We aren't there yet. I'm taking a big kiss here, and I'm not gonna kiss you until I know you won't waste it."

@Dynamo Pad 

Shining Armor shrugged at Dynamo's question. "Obviously I haven't studdied it, so I don't know. I've only fought one blood mage before and she wasn't on the same level as Nin. There's presumably endless demonic abilities that could be achieved through blood magic. Maybe even summoning."

On 9/8/2019 at 9:23 AM, reader8363 said:

Rose groaned at the smack and opened her eyes and subtly glared at Quill before asking: "What do you need?" She stretched out her limbs and relaxed back into the couch. She was still groggy from the alcohol that she drank and barely waking up by a smack to the head

@Unicorncob @DwhitetheGamer

"We were about to start talking about Mason. I thought you might want to know about it." Quill said with a sense of judgement in her voice. It seemed she didn't approve of others not taking her information gathering seriously. She placed Mason's folder onto the table ontop of all of the previous ones and said, "Mason was the most difficult to run research on. He's far older than anyone else on team Rokata, and finding a complete account of his life is nearly impossible."

She opened the folder showing a series of photographs and print outs of paintings. They showed major events, grand galloping Galas, the opening of Canterlot, festivals, some of them predating the camera where only paintings remained. There were six images that Quill was able to find, four black and white pictures and two paintings, and in each of them, Mason was circled in a red marker. He was wearing different outfits and hair lengths in each image, but his face was unmistakable. "These are the oldest images we can find of him, but I've traced accounts of him back over five hundred years!" Quill explained. "As you can see from these images, there was a period in his history when he intermingled with Canterlot's elite, but he's since fallen out of those habits."

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

Rose scooted over to the pictures and said as she glanced at them, "I'm guessing the oldest was before he became the host for Tenebris, then somewhere in 500's would be Tenebris and slowly moved away from Celestia."

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

@Literally Snails

Draco chuckled and said "I'm not going to waste it. I will win," he stated simply as he looked her in the eyes. "And that's a promise," he said as he smirked at her. He looked around slightly as he sighed as he then began to bandage his own leg. "How's your leg?" he asked simply with a grin on his face.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

12 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Shining Armor shrugged at Dynamo's question. "Obviously I haven't studdied it, so I don't know. I've only fought one blood mage before and she wasn't on the same level as Nin. There's presumably endless demonic abilities that could be achieved through blood magic. Maybe even summoning."

 "We were about to start talking about Mason. I thought you might want to know about it." Quill said with a sense of judgement in her voice. It seemed she didn't approve of others not taking her information gathering seriously. She placed Mason's folder onto the table ontop of all of the previous ones and said, "Mason was the most difficult to run research on. He's far older than anyone else on team Rokata, and finding a complete account of his life is nearly impossible."

She opened the folder showing a series of photographs and print outs of paintings. They showed major events, grand galloping Galas, the opening of Canterlot, festivals, some of them predating the camera where only paintings remained. There were six images that Quill was able to find, four black and white pictures and two paintings, and in each of them, Mason was circled in a red marker. He was wearing different outfits and hair lengths in each image, but his face was unmistakable. "These are the oldest images we can find of him, but I've traced accounts of him back over five hundred years!" Quill explained. "As you can see from these images, there was a period in his history when he intermingled with Canterlot's elite, but he's since fallen out of those habits."

@Unicorncob @reader8363 @DwhitetheGamer

Dynamo turned to Shining Armor and nodded as he listened to his experience on facing a blood mage. "Do you know if there are any books that have information on a blood mage? I wonder if your sister, Princess Twilight, has any information regarding a blood mage in her library at the castle." He stopped momentarily as the word summoning was brought up. "So, blood mages are able to use different kinds of summonings. I guess that makes sense that they are using blood as a sort of contract. It sounds like the idea of blood mages and summoning something like a Yokai is possible. That would explain what Rail had mentioned about Nin using a ritual to give Rokata and the others their Yokai." He says, but he wasn't sure as it was just a theory.

At the mention of Mason, Dynamo has turned his attention to Quill, who opened a file containing photographs and print outs of paintings. What each photo and painting had in common was Mason, who was in different outfits and mane styles, but his face had remained the same. “Now that’s something to be considered surprising. It’s just like how Nin is when it involves keeping his youth. It’s like Mason hasn’t aged a day. Now I can see why you said it was difficult to gather research on this guy.” His eyes widened slightly in shock as he took note of Quill’s explanation. “I just didn’t think he was around for about five hundred years. Do you think it has something to do with the Tenebris? I wasn’t sure if it was him or someone else that’s said the Tenebris, but I didn’t know it could also extend his life. I guess that’s what it means to be a parasite, so both the host and the one controlled can continue to live on. For what reason and/or purpose, I have absolutely no idea.” He says, shrugging his shoulders as he truly wasn’t sure.

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

"We were about to start talking about Mason. I thought you might want to know about it." Quill said with a sense of judgement in her voice. It seemed she didn't approve of others not taking her information gathering seriously. She placed Mason's folder onto the table ontop of all of the previous ones and said, "Mason was the most difficult to run research on. He's far older than anyone else on team Rokata, and finding a complete account of his life is nearly impossible."

She opened the folder showing a series of photographs and print outs of paintings. They showed major events, grand galloping Galas, the opening of Canterlot, festivals, some of them predating the camera where only paintings remained. There were six images that Quill was able to find, four black and white pictures and two paintings, and in each of them, Mason was circled in a red marker. He was wearing different outfits and hair lengths in each image, but his face was unmistakable. "These are the oldest images we can find of him, but I've traced accounts of him back over five hundred years!" Quill explained. "As you can see from these images, there was a period in his history when he intermingled with Canterlot's elite, but he's since fallen out of those habits."

Jade leaned over at the photos and paintings, tilting her head quizzically.

"It seems like this Mason has found a way to gain eternal life, or at least to stop aging."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

3 hours ago, Unicorncob said:

Jade leaned over at the photos and paintings, tilting her head quizzically.

"It seems like this Mason has found a way to gain eternal life, or at least to stop aging."

"Close, but unlike Nin, there's a debate as to whether Mason is alive at all." Quill explained.

18 hours ago, reader8363 said:

Rose scooted over to the pictures and said as she glanced at them, "I'm guessing the oldest was before he became the host for Tenebris, then somewhere in 500's would be Tenebris and slowly moved away from Celestia."

"Good guess, but that isn't the case. These photographs I'm showing you aren't nearly as old as he is." Said Quill, "Though you're right that Tenebris, the shadow creature that uses his body as a host, is the key to his survival, as well as his corrupt personality."

5 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

“I just didn’t think he was around for about five hundred years. Do you think it has something to do with the Tenebris? I wasn’t sure if it was him or someone else that’s said the Tenebris, but I didn’t know it could also extend his life. I guess that’s what it means to be a parasite, so both the host and the one controlled can continue to live on. For what reason and/or purpose, I have absolutely no idea.” He says, shrugging his shoulders as he truly wasn’t sure.

@DwhitetheGamer @reader8363

Quill turned the page to another image, this time it was hoof drawn in a symplistic style like a fairy tale book. There was a grey earth pony with an unnatural smile and black tendrils extending from his body. "This is from a story book that's over four hundred years old. The creature drawn in this picture is called Dakongwi Sagwu or The Singing One in old bison folktales. He represented the worst evils ponies were capable of and tortured and killed for fun. The stories said he'd get you if you strayed too far from your herd. I believe this is an early description of Mason after Tenbris infected him." Quill turned to another page showing Mason's modern day dealings with Rokata and his gang. "I can't trace his origins back any further than that, but I can say that Mason is Rokata's earliest known associate, before Nin, Selene or Onyx."

16 hours ago, dragon4111 said:

@Literally Snails

Draco chuckled and said "I'm not going to waste it. I will win," he stated simply as he looked her in the eyes. "And that's a promise," he said as he smirked at her. He looked around slightly as he sighed as he then began to bandage his own leg. "How's your leg?" he asked simply with a grin on his face.

Dai looked at her leg, the wound had already healed aside from the part where she cut the deepest, which still had a thin scab. Her anatomy allowed her to heal quickly. "It's fine." She said, sitting back, she turned to Draco and smiled. "Thanks..." she said.

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

Rose looked at Quill and said, "Since you've run out of information on Mason, do you have information on Tenebris or the relic, or is that exhausted as well?" Rose relaxed back into the couch cushions and pulled the knife out of the shadow in the chinks of her limb 

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

@Literally Snails

"Well it is a gentleman's duty to help a lady," Draco stated with a shrug. "Well shall we head back I feel that this calls for a drink," Draco stated with a smirk on his face. "and I really need one because tomorrow will be a fight of my life," Draco stated as he started to walk.

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

2 hours ago, reader8363 said:

Rose looked at Quill and said, "Since you've run out of information on Mason, do you have information on Tenebris or the relic, or is that exhausted as well?" Rose relaxed back into the couch cushions and pulled the knife out of the shadow in the chinks of her limb 

"I-uh-Yes I actually do!" Quill said, taken slightly off gurad by Rose's request. "Tenebris isn't actually the creature's name, Tenebris is the name of the class of demon it is. Tenebris means Enthralling One. As a matter of fact, Mason may be Tenebris' name, and the true name of the pony it occupies may be lost to time." She turned the page on the file. "Anyway, a Tenebris feeds on the wicked parts of a pony's soul until nothing of the original host is left aside from malice and hatred. Over the course of five hundred years, there will be nothing left of what Mason used to be. The good news is that a Tenabris' connection to this world is fragile. It can only enter this world if it's intentionally summoned, and it's existance is tied to its host. If Mason dies, the demon will be destroyed or at the least, forced to flee. That's why it protects Mason so vigorously." She said, assuming Rose didn't already know that. Then  she remembered one more useful piece of information. "Ah! One more thing I read in a bestiary. A tenebris demon has rudimentry eyes, and relies on sensing energy to see."

33 minutes ago, dragon4111 said:

@Literally Snails

"Well it is a gentleman's duty to help a lady," Draco stated with a shrug. "Well shall we head back I feel that this calls for a drink," Draco stated with a smirk on his face. "and I really need one because tomorrow will be a fight of my life," Draco stated as he started to walk.

Dai stood up and smirked at Draco. "Yes, we shall go. But I'm not going to follow you to your hotel room." She leaned back, ready to jump. "I'll... see you tommorrow." She said before jumping back into the trees, practically vanishing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

7 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

"Close, but unlike Nin, there's a debate as to whether Mason is alive at all." Quill explained.

"Good guess, but that isn't the case. These photographs I'm showing you aren't nearly as old as he is." Said Quill, "Though you're right that Tenebris, the shadow creature that uses his body as a host, is the key to his survival, as well as his corrupt personality."

Quill turned the page to another image, this time it was hoof drawn in a symplistic style like a fairy tale book. There was a grey earth pony with an unnatural smile and black tendrils extending from his body. "This is from a story book that's over four hundred years old. The creature drawn in this picture is called Dakongwi Sagwu or The Singing One in old bison folktales. He represented the worst evils ponies were capable of and tortured and killed for fun. The stories said he'd get you if you strayed too far from your herd. I believe this is an early description of Mason after Tenbris infected him." Quill turned to another page showing Mason's modern day dealings with Rokata and his gang. "I can't trace his origins back any further than that, but I can say that Mason is Rokata's earliest known associate, before Nin, Selene or Onyx."

@Unicorncob @reader8363 @DwhitetheGamer

"If it's a debate, then I'd have to guess that it isn't Mason. Unless the Tenebris is able to keep Mason alive for a very long time. I don't doubt what you're saying about his corrupt personality. Seeing as how he would go very far in whatever goal he has at that current moment. He even sounded insane when he was fighting his opponent today. He barely gave any mercy, but he did give his opponent say what they had to say, before Mason finished the match." He shivered slightly as he recalled that event vividly.

As Quill turned the pages to another image, Dynamo looked to see a hoof drawn image in the style of a fairy tale book. As he saw the grey earth pony, he listened to Quill, who was explaining what the story had been about. "I don't really understand how this story is an early description of Mason, but this story does feel similar to his personality. I've never heard of this story before, but it does sound frightening, in a way. I guess Mason was away from the herd, or something must have happened for him to be consumed by the Tenebris. The way The Singing One acted is very much like Mason at this point." He shook his head slightly as he felt a little freaked out from the story. Whenever something involved scary stories from legends, folktales or myths. Dynamo would always believe that it was very true. "I'm actually beginning to wonder how Rokata got into contact with Mason. I don't know if that's the specific order of Rokata meeting his team, but it would make sense. I don't know how Nin brings up these kinds of Yokai, but it might have to depend on the type of entity Nin can summon. Otherwise, Selene and Onyx wouldn't be so afraid of Mason. At least, that's what he proclaimed in the match today. I do remember what you said Quill. About how Nin went to Celestia's school before Selene. So, perhaps they all met in a certain order, before Selene, Onyx and Rokata were given their Yokai abilities." He says, trying to figure out on how to put the pieces of Team Rokata all together.

14 minutes ago, Literally Snails said:

"I-uh-Yes I actually do!" Quill said, taken slightly off gurad by Rose's request. "Tenebris isn't actually the creature's name, Tenebris is the name of the class of demon it is. Tenebris means Enthralling One. As a matter of fact, Mason may be Tenebris' name, and the true name of the pony it occupies may be lost to time." She turned the page on the file. "Anyway, a Tenebris feeds on the wicked parts of a pony's soul until nothing of the original host is left aside from malice and hatred. Over the course of five hundred years, there will be nothing left of what Mason used to be. The good news is that a Tenabris' connection to this world is fragile. It can only enter this world if it's intentionally summoned, and it's existance is tied to its host. If Mason dies, the demon will be destroyed or at the least, forced to flee. That's why it protects Mason so vigorously." She said, assuming Rose didn't already know that. Then  she remembered one more useful piece of information. "Ah! One more thing I read in a bestiary. A tenebris demon has rudimentry eyes, and relies on sensing energy to see."

At the mention of more information on the subject of Mason and the Tenebris, Dynamo stayed quiet and listened intently until everything was explained. "It would be nice to know if a name would match this pony's facial description. I want to say that's his real name. Given that we've fought many ponies that had different names than the average pony. Although, I guess the name 'Mason' could be an alias sort of name. Considering that some of the fighters on Rokata's team have a real name, but go by something else now. If the Tenebris has been around for this amount of time, then I wonder what Mason had so much hatred towards." He smiled slightly at the mention of good news on what the Tenebris was weak too. He soon frowned as getting rid of the Tenebris was going to be more difficult than it sounded. "It's no wonder that Mason has shadow like abilities. I remember it was around after the first round of the tournament. He quickly put up a wall when I tried to attack him as he fought Rose. It sounds like his his body is very fragile. Depending on how much damage he can take isn't, then that means Mason might be very vulnerable."

At the mention of the Tenebris needing to rely on sensing energy, Dynamo furrowed his eyebrows. "Maybe that's why..." He looked to the others and blinked a couple of times, before giving everyone an apologetic look. "I'm sorry if I zoned out. It's just...what Quill had said reminded me of something. It was back to when I remembered having to find and rescue Rose. When I was making my way through the forest, I flew through the area in my spin dash form. What seemed really odd was that I almost landed a direct hit on Mason. It almost seemed as if he didn't expect me until the very last moment. The reason was because I was really low on my magic energy during my fight in the first round. Since my magic reserves were extremely low at the time, he probably didn't expect me at first. If there's a way to disrupt one's energy, then it would be possible to catch Mason off guard."

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)
20 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Quill turned the page to another image, this time it was hoof drawn in a symplistic style like a fairy tale book. There was a grey earth pony with an unnatural smile and black tendrils extending from his body. "This is from a story book that's over four hundred years old. The creature drawn in this picture is called Dakongwi Sagwu or The Singing One in old bison folktales. He represented the worst evils ponies were capable of and tortured and killed for fun. The stories said he'd get you if you strayed too far from your herd. I believe this is an early description of Mason after Tenbris infected him." Quill turned to another page showing Mason's modern day dealings with Rokata and his gang. "I can't trace his origins back any further than that, but I can say that Mason is Rokata's earliest known associate, before Nin, Selene or Onyx."

Jade felt an unease in her chest. She had heard of The Singing One during her travels, but she had never once thought something so dark and twisted could actually be real. Not until she had arrived at this tournament, at least.

It sounds like this Tenebris gives entities of power with a host a bad name. I don't much care for it.

She looked toward Quill. "Does the legend mention how to remove this demon?"

Edited by Unicorncob
  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.