Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Everfree Dark Tournament RP

Literally Snails

@Dynamo Pad @Unicorncob
Rose perked up at the information of it relying on sensing energy, that the knife slipped out of her hoof and clattered to the ground. She leaned down and picked it up. If she was able to stop Tenebris from seeing her, than it would be a lot easier of a fight. She muttered under her breath, "I hope you're right about that."

On 9/10/2019 at 8:31 PM, Dynamo Pad said:

"I don't really understand how this story is an early description of Mason, but this story does feel similar to his personality. I've never heard of this story before, but it does sound frightening, in a way. I guess Mason was away from the herd, or something must have happened for him to be consumed by the Tenebris. The way The Singing One acted is very much like Mason at this point." He shook his head slightly as he felt a little freaked out from the story. Whenever something involved scary stories from legends, folktales or myths. Dynamo would always believe that it was very true. "I'm actually beginning to wonder how Rokata got into contact with Mason.

"If I were to speculate, and I don't like doing that, I'd say Mason was drawn to Rokata. A tenebris demon would be attracted to the demonic energy Rokata gives off." Quill answered.

On 9/10/2019 at 8:31 PM, Dynamo Pad said:

"It's no wonder that Mason has shadow like abilities. I remember it was around after the first round of the tournament. He quickly put up a wall when I tried to attack him as he fought Rose. It sounds like his his body is very fragile. Depending on how much damage he can take isn't, then that means Mason might be very vulnerable."

@reader8363

"The only problem with that is that it would be a risky stragy," Quill explained. "Perhaps Rose would be harder to see when she's weaker, but she'd also be easier to kill, And Mason would still be able to see her using his own eyes."

12 hours ago, Unicorncob said:

Jade felt an unease in her chest. She had heard of The Singing One during her travels, but she had never once thought something so dark and twisted could actually be real. Not until she had arrived at this tournament, at least.

It sounds like this Tenebris gives entities of power with a host a bad name. I don't much care for it.

She looked toward Quill. "Does the legend mention how to remove this demon?"

Quill shook her head. "No, unfortunately. I doubt the bison even knew what he was.

11 hours ago, reader8363 said:

@Dynamo Pad @Unicorncob
Rose perked up at the information of it relying on sensing energy, that the knife slipped out of her hoof and clattered to the ground. She leaned down and picked it up. If she was able to stop Tenebris from seeing her, than it would be a lot easier of a fight. She muttered under her breath, "I hope you're right about that."

Quill adjusted her glasses and stacked her files back together. "Obviously I am." She said.

@dragon4111 @Dynamo Pad @Unicorncob @reader8363 @DwhitetheGamer

"Those were all the files I have," Quill said, "But I can answer any questions you have if you think there's any other way I can help." 

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Literally Snails said:

"If I were to speculate, and I don't like doing that, I'd say Mason was drawn to Rokata. A tenebris demon would be attracted to the demonic energy Rokata gives off." Quill answered.

"I can believe that, but that does bring up the question. Whether or not Rokata had the yokai entity before or after meeting Mason. Considering how you stated that the Tenebris would possibly attracted to the demonic energy from Rokata. Either that, or the Tenebris could sense a sort of anger from Rokata. I also starting to wonder why Mason joined up with Rokata's team in the first place. I guess both parties had a sort of goal that met their expectations, but that's just a theory." Dynamo responded, nodding at how Mason could probably be aligned with Rokata's team.

7 minutes ago, Literally Snails said:

"Those were all the files I have," Quill said, "But I can answer any questions you have if you think there's any other way I can help." 

@Unicorncob @DwhitetheGamer @reader8363

Dynamo thought for a moment if he had any questions, while nodding at Quill, who stated that all the information was all completely given out to them. "I don't think I have a question as I have a decent idea on who I'm fighting tomorrow. The only question I have is how Selene's magic works and what do I have to look out for when it involves illusion magic? I'm guessing it would have to be something along the lines of disrupting the flow of magic in order to break the illusion? If not, then what's the best course of action?" He wondered as he wanted to have a good chance in fighting Selene tomorrow. He understood that she could confuse her opponents, while messing with their senses at the same time. Given that she had years of experience with her magical abilities, Dynamo knew he was in for a difficult fight tomorrow.

• Brohoof 1

Rose stood up and said as she started to head into the bedrooms, "I'm not question your way of getting information, I'm just hoping it's correct. I don't have any questions about the opponents." She walked to her bed and fell onto it, and fell asleep.

• Brohoof 1

9 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Jade took another deep breath. She was still nervous about facing Rokata's team tomorrow, specifically its leader, but all this information would surely give them an edge somehow. That thought put her more at ease.

She bowed her head to Quill. "Thank you for this information. We greatly appreciate your help."

• Brohoof 1

@Literally Snails

Draco looked around as he walked. It was very peaceful here in  the forest. Hmm how would his friends in the guild react to the fact that he had made a pact with a yokai? Bah who cares? After all when Ancalagon once said 'Cast away the final mists of doubt for doubt stops you from moving forward.' 

On 9/11/2019 at 9:18 PM, Dynamo Pad said:

"I can believe that, but that does bring up the question. Whether or not Rokata had the yokai entity before or after meeting Mason. Considering how you stated that the Tenebris would possibly attracted to the demonic energy from Rokata. Either that, or the Tenebris could sense a sort of anger from Rokata. I also starting to wonder why Mason joined up with Rokata's team in the first place. I guess both parties had a sort of goal that met their expectations, but that's just a theory." Dynamo responded, nodding at how Mason could probably be aligned with Rokata's team.

@Unicorncob
"An important distinction should be made," Quill said to Dynamo's question. "The other members of Team Rokata are not posessed in the traditional sense like Mason is. Rokata has demonic powers, it's true, but there's no reason to believe there's a demonic entity inside of him. And as for your question, Dynamo, I don't pretend to know Mason's motivations. Only that he seems to enjoy the type of work Rokata's gang is hired to do."

On 9/12/2019 at 12:05 PM, dragon4111 said:

@Literally Snails

Draco looked around as he walked. It was very peaceful here in  the forest. Hmm how would his friends in the guild react to the fact that he had made a pact with a yokai? Bah who cares? After all when Ancalagon once said 'Cast away the final mists of doubt for doubt stops you from moving forward.' 

Dai was nowhere to be seen after that. Maybe she was still watching, but she did a good job at hiding herself if she was. For once, Draco was allowed to walk through the forest without being ambushed by any hired thugs or apocaliptic warriors with a grudge. It gave him a chance to appreciate the reason the tournament was held in this forest. The place truly was serene and beutiful under the cover of night, and there was an overbearing sense of isolation, like nothing that happened here could affect the rest of the world. 

• Brohoof 1

14 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

@Unicorncob
"An important distinction should be made," Quill said to Dynamo's question. "The other members of Team Rokata are not posessed in the traditional sense like Mason is. Rokata has demonic powers, it's true, but there's no reason to believe there's a demonic entity inside of him. And as for your question, Dynamo, I don't pretend to know Mason's motivations. Only that he seems to enjoy the type of work Rokata's gang is hired to do."

@Unicorncob @DwhitetheGamer @reader8363

As Dynamo listened to Quill's explanation, he nodded as he felt that he had a better understanding of what was going on. "I think I get the gist of it and thank you for clearing that up, Miss Quill. I guess I had a bad misinterpretation of demonic power and demonic entities. I honestly thought they were both on in the same, but I guess that really isn't the case. I do remember being told by Nin and Rail that while they accepted the power, they accepted it willingly. So, I can only imagine that most of the team still has their free will intact. I don't ask you to pretend to know. I'm just really grateful for everything that you've told us right now. I can only guess that everyone on Rokata's team enjoys the type of work they are hired for. It only gives us more of a reason to try and stop them from attaining their goals."

It was then that he realized that he had to let Jade know of what happened to Snow. He wasn't sure if the others had mentioned anything to her, but he knew now was a better time than later. "Hey, Jade. There's...something I really need to talk to you about. Something important that happened yesterday during our match against Team Crimos." He says, hesitation and worry were laced within his voice. He debated on having a private talk with his captain, but he decided against it. He knew that Copper, Rose and Shining Armor were here and they also saw what happened at their match the day prior. It would be easier to talk about Snow if the others were still with him.

• Brohoof 1

16 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Jade didn't need to be told twice about Rokata's power; she had gotten a first-hoof taste of it already. She almost dreaded what he would be like at full strength.

1 hour ago, Dynamo Pad said:

It was then that he realized that he had to let Jade know of what happened to Snow. He wasn't sure if the others had mentioned anything to her, but he knew now was a better time than later. "Hey, Jade. There's...something I really need to talk to you about. Something important that happened yesterday during our match against Team Crimos." He says, hesitation and worry were laced within his voice. He debated on having a private talk with his captain, but he decided against it. He knew that Copper, Rose and Shining Armor were here and they also saw what happened at their match the day prior. It would be easier to talk about Snow if the others were still with him.

She looked at Dynamo, and stepped over to him. She could hear the hesitation in his voice, but the more she knew about what was going on around her in this tournament, the better. "What is it?"

Edited by Unicorncob

Just now, Unicorncob said:

She looked over at Dynamo, and stepped over to him. She could hear the hesitation in his voice, but the more she knew about what was going on around her in this tournament, the better. "What is it?"

@DwhitetheGamer @reader8363

The closer she walked towards him, the more he felt worried about telling her. Seeing how they were both students towards Tricis and that they said they would be friends. The blue unicorn could only conclude that she would hopefully be able to understand. "You see...I don't know if anyone had gone and told you anything." He took another deep breath as he knew hesitating or prolonging this would only be worse in the long run. "The truth is that not all of us were able to make it through the semi finals. During the first round, Snow and Draco had to fight Arid and Viridi. We were able to win, but it was at a big cost. Snow was able to regain some control in his magic, but so much had been going on that it looked like he wasn't going to make it. I wanted to tell them to back off, to stop them, but...I felt like there was nothing I could do. Snow landed a decisive strike to Arid, but he put everything into his final attack. Both his magic and his life energy were gone. The last thing I saw was Snow and Arid being frozen in a block of ice. The ice melted, but Snow...he wasn't moving." 

Dynamo paused momentarily as he felt like tears were going to well up in his eyes. He wasn't sure if that was all accurate as everything had happened so quickly. However, the loss of Snow was still haunting his mind. "Snow's gone, Jade. We won the fight, but we lost a teammate. Shining Armor had told me that this was what Snow had wanted, but I still feel as if this is all my fault. I promised you that we'd all go to the finals together, but I couldn't even keep that promise. I'm sorry, Jade." He looked towards the ground, while feeling ashamed of himself. He felt that he couldn't look Jade in the eyes as he felt fear of what she would do or say for that matter.

• Brohoof 1

19 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

The closer she walked towards him, the more he felt worried about telling her. Seeing how they were both students towards Tricis and that they said they would be friends. The blue unicorn could only conclude that she would hopefully be able to understand. "You see...I don't know if anyone had gone and told you anything." He took another deep breath as he knew hesitating or prolonging this would only be worse in the long run. "The truth is that not all of us were able to make it through the semi finals. During the first round, Snow and Draco had to fight Arid and Viridi. We were able to win, but it was at a big cost. Snow was able to regain some control in his magic, but so much had been going on that it looked like he wasn't going to make it. I wanted to tell them to back off, to stop them, but...I felt like there was nothing I could do. Snow landed a decisive strike to Arid, but he put everything into his final attack. Both his magic and his life energy were gone. The last thing I saw was Snow and Arid being frozen in a block of ice. The ice melted, but Snow...he wasn't moving." 

Dynamo paused momentarily as he felt like tears were going to well up in his eyes. He wasn't sure if that was all accurate as everything had happened so quickly. However, the loss of Snow was still haunting his mind. "Snow's gone, Jade. We won the fight, but we lost a teammate. Shining Armor had told me that this was what Snow had wanted, but I still feel as if this is all my fault. I promised you that we'd all go to the finals together, but I couldn't even keep that promise. I'm sorry, Jade." He looked towards the ground, while feeling ashamed of himself. He felt that he couldn't look Jade in the eyes as he felt fear of what she would do or say for that matter.

Jade closed her eyes and lowered her head. Tricis, and now Snow was gone too. Another victim of this infernal tournament.

She took a deep, shaky breath. A teammate had been lost while she was gone. If she had been there...

You cannot be held responsible for something out of your control, so do not feel like this is your fault.

She looked up at her teammate. "Then we will win this for him, and for Tricis. Their sacrifices will not be for nothing."

• Brohoof 1

32 minutes ago, Unicorncob said:

Jade closed her eyes and lowered her head. Tricis, and now Snow was gone too. Another victim of this infernal tournament.

She took a deep, shaky breath. A teammate had been lost while she was gone. If she had been there...

You cannot be held responsible for something out of your control, so do not feel like this is your fault.

She looked up at her teammate. "Then we will win this for him, and for Tricis. Their sacrifices will not be for nothing."

@DwhitetheGamer @reader8363

The amount of time Dynamo had waited was agonizing. Nothing had been said since he had given the grim news of Snow's fate. He would have expected being hit, to be yelled at, to be told that he was reckless. However, nothing had been said and it was even worse than not saying anything. He wanted to turn and just walk away as he felt he didn't deserve to be near anyone. As he heard Jade speak, the blue unicorn quickly looked up to meet her gaze. He shook slightly as he was both concerned, yet confused at her response. "Y-You don't...h-hate me? I mean, w-why aren't you yelling at me? Why don't you hit me or tell me I messed up?" He felt the tears he held back were beginning to fall as he was having difficulty in keeping his composure. "I-I was the team captain for that fight. I-I should have said something. At least anything to get that fight to stop. I didn't care if we took a loss. I would have been more concerned for the safety of the team. In a way, I...I feel like I failed Snow. I feel like I failed you, Jade. I went all out against Canteen and I was knocked out and it was a draw. If I had won, then Rose..." He slowly turned to the sleeping teammate, who sported a new metal arm. "She wouldn't have lost her arm in that fight against Canteen's brother, Melio. I know Shining Armor said it was the fate that Snow chose, but I didn't ask for this. I know we lost friends and loved ones. I know he and I weren't the best of friends, but he was a teammate and I respected him. I lost my dad and I couldn't save him and now I couldn't save a teammate and a friend." He knew he wasn't asking for pity or feeling sorry for himself. He had all these emotions stored in his heart that he didn't have many others to talk to about these sorts of things. "I know asking for your forgiveness might not fix anything, but I don't blame you if you hate me and don't want to be my friend." He wanted to be reassured that everything would be okay, but he wasn't expecting an answer from his captain or anyone, for that matter.

• Brohoof 2

Spoiler

@Unicorncob @Dynamo Pad 

Shining Armor had remained mostly silent while Dynamo revealed the details of Frostflame's death.  He almost felt complacent in it the same way Dynamo did, because he knew what was happening and chose not to stop it. This whole tournament seemed like it was designed to cause them pain. When Dynamo finally ended his speech in a defated posture, Shining Armor put a hoof on his shoulder and said, "There's no one here, or anywhere, who doesn't carry pain with them, Dynamo. And if you ever find a pony like that, they would have a shallow soul."

@Arid_Blitz @reader8363 @dragon4111 @DwhitetheGamer

He took his hoof off Dynamo's shoulder and addressed the whole room. "You've all grown a lot this week. You've won battles that no one expected you to win. But you'll have to fight one more, and you'll never trully know you're ready until you get in the ring. Train more if you think you can, but the finals start in about twelve hours, and you'll all need rest."

Spoiler

Across the tree line from team Lotus' hotel room, the members of team Rokata and their owner Rail were together in a private suite overlooking the arena. Rail and Rokata were sitting in opposite chairs next to the window where droplets of rain were beginning to trickle down. Selene was sat closest to the door with her legs crossed over her torso, still draped in her robe. Beside her, Nin was leaning against the wall, and in the center of the room, Onyx stood, nearly as high as the ceiling, with Mason perched on his shoulder.

"You should get some rest. I'll need you at peak preformance tommorrow." Rail said to his team.

"Team Lotus has suffered a great deal of loss. It will make them dangerous," Selene commented. That earned a stiffled chuckle from Nin, who turned his head from her. She glared up at Nin during the silence that followed. "You would do well not to blind yourself to them."

"Oh, I fully expect a challenge," Nin said with confidence in his voice.

"For once, I won't be the only one having fun," Said Mason.

There was another period of silence before Rokata broke through it by saying, "I only hope that this isn't a wasted effort."

"Yes, I thought you'd say something like that. Something tells me it won't be," Rail said with a smile while taking a sip of his scotch.

The time until the final clash with team Rokata was no longer measured in days, but hours. A long journey of impossible odds has brought them here, but with no knowledge of team Rokata's true strength, can they really hope to survive?

• Brohoof 1

@Literally Snails

Draco finally arrived in the hotel room. If ponies would look into his eyes the fires of calm resolution was there and maybe something far darker. For if they wanted to survive they would need to channel their very darkness. Their darkest of desires. And Nin well that bastard was going to feel every bit of his sadistic side. Of course he would need to even the field even more.

23 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

The amount of time Dynamo had waited was agonizing. Nothing had been said since he had given the grim news of Snow's fate. He would have expected being hit, to be yelled at, to be told that he was reckless. However, nothing had been said and it was even worse than not saying anything. He wanted to turn and just walk away as he felt he didn't deserve to be near anyone. As he heard Jade speak, the blue unicorn quickly looked up to meet her gaze. He shook slightly as he was both concerned, yet confused at her response. "Y-You don't...h-hate me? I mean, w-why aren't you yelling at me? Why don't you hit me or tell me I messed up?" He felt the tears he held back were beginning to fall as he was having difficulty in keeping his composure. "I-I was the team captain for that fight. I-I should have said something. At least anything to get that fight to stop. I didn't care if we took a loss. I would have been more concerned for the safety of the team. In a way, I...I feel like I failed Snow. I feel like I failed you, Jade. I went all out against Canteen and I was knocked out and it was a draw. If I had won, then Rose..." He slowly turned to the sleeping teammate, who sported a new metal arm. "She wouldn't have lost her arm in that fight against Canteen's brother, Melio. I know Shining Armor said it was the fate that Snow chose, but I didn't ask for this. I know we lost friends and loved ones. I know he and I weren't the best of friends, but he was a teammate and I respected him. I lost my dad and I couldn't save him and now I couldn't save a teammate and a friend." He knew he wasn't asking for pity or feeling sorry for himself. He had all these emotions stored in his heart that he didn't have many others to talk to about these sorts of things. "I know asking for your forgiveness might not fix anything, but I don't blame you if you hate me and don't want to be my friend." He wanted to be reassured that everything would be okay, but he wasn't expecting an answer from his captain or anyone, for that matter.

"Frostflame chose to end his battle on his own terms," Jade said, looking right at Dynamo. "Even if I were there, it would not have changed anything. Nocreature should be blamed for something they cannot control. All I want from you is to be at your best in the coming hours."

5 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Shining Armor had remained mostly silent while Dynamo revealed the details of Frostflame's death.  He almost felt complacent in it the same way Dynamo did, because he knew what was happening and chose not to stop it. This whole tournament seemed like it was designed to cause them pain. When Dynamo finally ended his speech in a defated posture, Shining Armor put a hoof on his shoulder and said, "There's no one here, or anywhere, who doesn't carry pain with them, Dynamo. And if you ever find a pony like that, they would have a shallow soul."

She looked at Shining Armour and nodded.

"Do not mistake my tone for callousness," she added. "I have lost many friends in my life, but blaming myself for that does not change anything. I keep going and get stronger, so that their sacrifices were not in vain. Tricis gave up so much so that we would be at our best and ready to defeat Rokata's team, and that is what we will do."

She glanced aside, irritation on her face. "Besides, if I were sent to the next world too early, I would never hear the end of it."

23 minutes ago, Unicorncob said:

"Frostflame chose to end his battle on his own terms," Jade said, looking right at Dynamo. "Even if I were there, it would not have changed anything. Nocreature should be blamed for something they cannot control. All I want from you is to be at your best in the coming hours."

Dynamo blinked in surprise as he heard Jade speak. He wasn't expecting an answer. Neither did he expect to have a bit of an understanding between captains. Even though he was only a temporary captain for a round. "I know what you mean by that. You wanted nothing more than to get me out of the ring when I was in crippling pain. However, you put your trust in me just like I had to put trust in Frostflame."

7 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

@Unicorncob @Dynamo Pad 

@Arid_Blitz @reader8363 @dragon4111 @DwhitetheGamer

He took his hoof off Dynamo's shoulder and addressed the whole room. "You've all grown a lot this week. You've won battles that no one expected you to win. But you'll have to fight one more, and you'll never trully know you're ready until you get in the ring. Train more if you think you can, but the finals start in about twelve hours, and you'll all need rest."

1 hour ago, Unicorncob said:

"Do not mistake my tone for callousness," she added. "I have lost many friends in my life, but blaming myself for that does not change anything. I keep going and get stronger, so that their sacrifices were not in vain. Tricis gave up so much so that we would be at our best and ready to defeat Rokata's team, and that is what we will do."

She glanced aside, irritation on her face. "Besides, if I were sent to the next world too early, I would never hear the end of it."

@reader8363 @DwhitetheGamer

The blue unicorn flinched slightly as he felt a hoof being placed upon his shoulder. When he turned to see the source of the hoof, he was surprised to see that it was Shining Armor. He frowned as he heard Jade's tone to him, but he nodded in agreement. He understood that she wasn't meaning anything in a rude manner, but it was more of like a wakeup call for the unicorn gamer. "You're right. You're both absolutely right..." He sniffed, using his front hoof to wipe the tears from his eyes. He took a shaky breath, before sighing softly. "I haven't lost that many friends or loved ones in my life. I've never really had anyone to call a friend, until I met Copper. Even after he moved away and I gained my cutie mark, I never really exactly had anyone to call a friend. It changed when I moved to Ponyville and I met someone who could understand me and vice versa. Meeting and making new friends and reuniting with old friends. For you, Jade. Along with Copper, Rose, Canteen and the rest of his team. I consider you all very dear to me and I consider you all my friends. Now I'm starting to see a part of what this tournament is all about. To take value in those that you care for and to try and be strong to protect what's precious. Pain is inevitable and nothing ever goes on forever, but pain helps build character. It can either shape you to take value in what you have, or it can destroy you from the inside out."

He looked back towards Jade, narrowing his eyes slightly and steeling his resolve. His eyes were slightly red from crying earlier, but the fire in his eyes felt reignited. "I lost my dad because I didn't know what to do and just stood still. Staying still won't get you anywhere except having life just pass you by. I still don't think Tricis is gone and maybe we can bring back Frostflame, but that's all just wishful thinking." He said, turning back towards Shining Armor and nodding at his little speech. "You can say that again, sir. There were times when I thought I wasn't going to make it through this tournament. Other times, I felt like I was weak and didn't deserve to be here. I've experienced a lot and I've just got to keep going. I'm going to keep getting stronger so I can protect my friends, my team and to never give up. I don't know what might happen tomorrow, but we're going to go and win this thing." He says, looking towards the balcony that revealed the forest, which stretched around the entire are of the hotel. "I think I might try and train for a little bit more with Canteen, but I'll make sure to get some rest. With Selene as my opponent, I'll need to be at my best when I have to fight her."

• Brohoof 2

On 9/16/2019 at 2:38 PM, Dynamo Pad said:

"I think I might try and train for a little bit more with Canteen, but I'll make sure to get some rest. With Selene as my opponent, I'll need to be at my best when I have to fight her."

Jade nodded in agreement. "That would be wise, but do not overwork yourself. You will need every ounce of your strength tomorrow. We all will."

She turned to look at her teammates, and tried to hide the shakiness in her voice. "Our opponents may seem impossible to defeat, but we can defeat them. And we will. We would not have been gathered to this place if we did not have the means to win."

She glanced at the door. Should she visit Tricis? At least make sure before going in?

Edited by Unicorncob

@Unicorncob @Dynamo Pad @DwhitetheGamer @Arid_Blitz @reader8363 @dragon4111

Spoiler

When Jade went to check on her master, she found her peaceful and lifeless in her bed. Copper had not lied about what he saw. With a dead teammate and trainer, the steaks were now raised to a point that none of the remaining members of team Lotus could back out.

In less than a week, they'd fought through some of the strongest and most notorious fighters Equestria had to offer, all to appease a system they had no investment in, but now, as the final day of the tournament dawns, they have a new purpose as they fight their strongest opponents yet, survival, honor, and revenge.

The alarm in team Lotus' hotel room went off at 6AM on the dot, just as the sun rose over the horizon. Their match would begin in four hours.

Spoiler

Before the first match could begin, Rail was sitting at his head table in the tournament committee board room, surrounded by four board members who were clearly distressed. Rail had just told them about the same plan he revealed to Dynamo the day before. Their reactions weren't as calm as his.

"You what!?" an elderly donkey cried, yelling so close to Rail that he had to tilt his head to protect his ears. "All that money and you want to create some kind of appocalypse?"

"You must be screwing with us!" Another board member, the only female, an elderly pegasus mare, said.

"I thought you might react poorly," Rail commented. Rokata stepped into the board room, but the others hardly noticed.

"You've been playing us this whole time!" An earth pony with a southern accent yelled. "You're the one who insisted on the picks for team Lotus. You musta been helping them along this whole time! Makin' folks like us think they were winning so we'd bet on them in the finals instead of Rokata!"

The board members circled around him, and Rail took a sip of his drink before opening his eyes and answering, "Jade and her team made it this far on their own. You have no love for the sport, so I understand why you'd think I rigged the game, but that just wouldn't do. I haven't done a thing to help them." Rail looked up at the stallion directly in front of him, making direct eye contact. "The only thing I did was kill Big Shot."

"What!?" He cried. The donkey started backing away, only to run into Rokata.

"Oh, and cheap shot as well."

"Sorry to inform you so late."

Rail used a handkerchief to shield himself from the light splatters of blood that followed as Rokata killed every member of the tournament committee. One more loose end taken care of.

"If any of you have placed any bets. I'm more than happy to still collect."

Edited by Literally Snails
  • Brohoof 2

@Arid_Blitz @DwhitetheGamer @Unicorncob @reader8363 @dragon4111

As the sound of his alarm clock going off, Dynamo was also greeted by the sun rising into the air. The blue unicorn sat up in his bed, the blankets still enveloping him. He was able to get some sleep the night before, but barely. He couldn't sleep as he knew what was going to happen today. For today was the day that his team would be fighting Rokata's team in the finals. The gaming pony had gone through so much in a week's time. He had faced strong opponents on multiple teams. Some that were unique, some that were unfair and some that were just strange. Throughout it all, he was able to make friends and learned who some enemies truly were. He even experienced loss and even wondered if he belonged on a team like Team Lotus. He was scared, but there was nothing more that he could do. The only thing that could be done now was to face these fears and keep moving forward. 'I just hope that whatever happens, we can get through this and then we can go home. Dad? I don't know if you can hear me, but please give me strength.' He sighed with a shaky breath. It was times like this he wished his friend, Starlight was with him. She always knew what to say to him to help him through some troubling times. 

Deciding that he couldn't, or in this case, wouldn't be able to get back to sleep. Dynamo decided to check and see if anyone was up, while also getting some last minute practice on a battle strategy he would try to come up with today. He was able to get a slight grasp on his power bracer, but he wasn't able to test the Quest controller's full potential. Throwing the cover's off of him, Dynamo made his way off of the bed and started walking over to the nearby chair. He grabbed his jacket and Quest controller, before making his way over towards the front door. He opened the door in front of him and starting to quietly make his way out of his hotel room to find the others.

• Brohoof 1

When Jade went to check on her master, she found her peaceful and lifeless in her bed. Copper had not lied about what he saw. With a dead teammate and trainer, the steaks were now raised to a point that none of the remaining members of team Lotus could back out.

In less than a week, they'd fought through some of the strongest and most notorious fighters Equestria had to offer, all to appease a system they had no investment in, but now, as the final day of the tournament dawns, they have a new purpose as they fight their strongest opponents yet, survival, honor, and revenge.

Jade had already steeled herself for the worst, and so the sight did not impact her nearly as badly as it could have. Somewhere inside her, as hopeful as she was for the opposite, she knew Tricis was gone.

Nonetheless, she couldn't stop herself from shedding a tear. As strict and cranky as she was, Tricis was a magnificent teacher and friend. The peaceful look on her face put her at some ease.

"Thank you," she whispered, with one final bow of her head, "for everything."

She left the infirmary and returned to her room to get as much rest as she could.

The alarm in team Lotus' hotel room went off at 6AM on the dot, just as the sun rose over the horizon. Their match would begin in four hours.

Jade's alarm barely had time to buzz before she silenced it. She had rested considerably well, with what was going through her head. Barring the dragon she was sharing a body with.

After some breakfast, she found a spot on the roof of the hotel to sit and meditate. The clean morning breeze reminded her of home.

Remember not to let revenge blind you. We will show this Rokata real strength, but we will not become a monster.

I will defeat him with only our combined strength, and what Tricis has taught me. Though, forgive me if I indulge in a little revenge.

I only said not to let it blind you.

By the time she had finished, Dynamo would see her swooping off the roof and landing in front of the hotel.

@Dynamo Pad

• Brohoof 2

7 minutes ago, Unicorncob said:

Jade's alarm barely had time to buzz before she silenced it. She had rested considerably well, with what was going through her head. Barring the dragon she was sharing a body with.

After some breakfast, she found a spot on the roof of the hotel to sit and meditate. The clean morning breeze reminded her of home.

Remember not to let revenge blind you. We will show this Rokata real strength, but we will not become a monster.

I will defeat him with only our combined strength, and what Tricis has taught me. Though, forgive me if I indulge in a little revenge.

I only said not to let it blind you.

By the time she had finished, Dynamo would see her swooping off the roof and landing in front of the hotel.

As Dynamo began walking through the room where they had their team meeting, Dynamo heard a swooping sound from the balcony. As he turned towards the balcony, the blue unicorn noticed a figure falling quickly towards the ground. Decided to make sure that everything was okay, Dynamo quickly made his way towards the door, before entering the balcony area. He looked everywhere to see if the figure was still around and if they would be okay. Upon searching, Dynamo noticed that it was Jade, who had landed near the front of the hotel. 'It looks like Jade is up, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised.' He thought, thinking that she was an early pony who set to train at a moments notice. Looking down to see that the height wasn't too far, Dynamo decided to caution to the wind and jump over the balcony. 

After a shaky landing, Dynamo sighed as he was grateful that he didn't fall flat on his face. He could have used magic, but he didn't want to waste any energy before the team's final fights. Seeing Jade was still still at the front of the hotel, the blue unicorn raced over towards his team captain. "Hey, Jade!" He would call out to her in hopes of grabbing her attention.

• Brohoof 1

@DwhitetheGamer @dragon4111 @reader8363

Fans started to fill the ring even though it was hours before the fight was scheduled to begin. Topaz walked through the inner ring, preparing for her last show.

@Unicorncob @Dynamo Pad @Arid_Blitz

Near where Dynamo and Jade had exited the Cumulus from team Lockdown, and Tattehoof, Dai and Ray from Tatterhoof's Traveling Circus were outside of the arena stadium near one of the side entrances. The former Team Lotus rivals seemed to be having trouble getting into the arena as other early fans walked in, because Cumulus and Tatterhoof were flanking a massive earth pony security guard who didn't seem amused by them in the slightest.

"I told ya already, we're contestants in this tournament, now let us inside before I lose my temper!" Cumulus warned. The guard had a club hooked in the fetlock of his right front hoof, resting over his shoulder. He switched the shoulder that the club was resting on by swinging it, causing Cumulus and Tatterhoof to back away.

"Well you're not in the tournament any more!" The guard retorted. "No one gets in here without a ticket! There's no seats for you, so why don't you just take your-" He stopped and looked past Tatterhoof's shoulder at Dai, tapping the club on his shoulder. "Hmmm, well, maybe we can work something out with her, huh?"

Daisquinted at the guard and angrilly puffed out her cheeks while he looked over Tatterhoof. "Eh, the rest of you should just go."

• Brohoof 1

Rose groaned and dragged the dagger through the mattress from where she stabbed it in her sleep and grimaced in pain at the noises throughout the hotel. She slipped the knife back into her arm and stumbled out of the hotel room due to the hangover she got, should have left the strong stuff alone. She sat down in the waiting room and relaxed from the silence.

9 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Near where Dynamo and Jade had exited the Cumulus from team Lockdown, and Tattehoof, Dai and Ray from Tatterhoof's Traveling Circus were outside of the arena stadium near one of the side entrances. The former Team Lotus rivals seemed to be having trouble getting into the arena as other early fans walked in, because Cumulus and Tatterhoof were flanking a massive earth pony security guard who didn't seem amused by them in the slightest.

"I told ya already, we're contestants in this tournament, now let us inside before I lose my temper!" Cumulus warned. The guard had a club hooked in the fetlock of his right front hoof, resting over his shoulder. He switched the shoulder that the club was resting on by swinging it, causing Cumulus and Tatterhoof to back away.

"Well you're not in the tournament any more!" The guard retorted. "No one gets in here without a ticket! There's no seats for you, so why don't you just take your-" He stopped and looked past Tatterhoof's shoulder at Dai, tapping the club on his shoulder. "Hmmm, well, maybe we can work something out with her, huh?"

Daisquinted at the guard and angrilly puffed out her cheeks while he looked over Tatterhoof. "Eh, the rest of you should just go."

It was easy for Jade to spot the rather eccentric ex-competitors amongst the gathering crowds. She tilted her head quizzically. Part of her wanted to help them gain access, as she couldn't help but feel sorry for them.

20 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

As Dynamo began walking through the room where they had their team meeting, Dynamo heard a swooping sound from the balcony. As he turned towards the balcony, the blue unicorn noticed a figure falling quickly towards the ground. Decided to make sure that everything was okay, Dynamo quickly made his way towards the door, before entering the balcony area. He looked everywhere to see if the figure was still around and if they would be okay. Upon searching, Dynamo noticed that it was Jade, who had landed near the front of the hotel. 'It looks like Jade is up, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised.' He thought, thinking that she was an early pony who set to train at a moments notice. Looking down to see that the height wasn't too far, Dynamo decided to caution to the wind and jump over the balcony. 

After a shaky landing, Dynamo sighed as he was grateful that he didn't fall flat on his face. He could have used magic, but he didn't want to waste any energy before the team's final fights. Seeing Jade was still still at the front of the hotel, the blue unicorn raced over towards his team captain. "Hey, Jade!" He would call out to her in hopes of grabbing her attention.

Jade felt a shift in the air behind her, and she turned to see Dynamo leaping off the balcony. A twinge of terror twisted inside her, but it left as soon as it came when she saw he landed relatively safely. The last thing she wanted was another dead friend on her conscience.

"Good morning," she said, quickly relaxing. "It's good to see you're full of energy."

• Brohoof 1