Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Everfree Dark Tournament RP

Literally Snails

13 hours ago, dragon4111 said:

Draco looked at Jade as he sighed. He walked over to Jade he then placed a hoof around her. "Ignore the crowd," he said hegently as he pulled her close to him placing a wing over her back. "It doesn't matter to me if we have the audiences support. alright?" he asked gently.

Jade opened her eyes and looked at Draco. She took another breath. She wasn't used to him trying to comfort her, but it was not unwelcomed. "Yes, I have been forgetting myself since coming here. That will not happen again."

3 hours ago, dragon4111 said:

"There is something I want you to negotiate. A match by dragon fire with me and Nin," Draco stated as he looked at Jade in the eyes. "I can provide the fire courtesy of Ancalagon who's fire burns black from the heat," Draco said with a chuckle.

"You wish to face Nin?" she asked, tilting her head. "Why do you need me to arrange it? Can you not just approach the ring when it is time?"

A match by dragon fire? That should be entertaining.

1 minute ago, dragon4111 said:

"Hmm true but tell me how hot do you think Ancalagon's fire is?" Draco asked as he looked at her. "Hot enough to turn liquid into vapor, hot enough to hurt your lungs when your breathing," Draco said simply. "And I do not jest either,"

Such bold claims. I almost wish to challenge this Ancalagon myself.

Jade looked Draco in the eyes, starting to read between the lines. "You wish to destroy Nin?"

@Unicorncob

"Aye he is a threat to everyone I care about," Draco said simply as he looked into her eyes. "And for that a match like this will satisfy everything," Draco said with a chuckle. "It's still hoof to hoof combat," he said simply. "Just abit more dangerous,"

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, dragon4111 said:

@Unicorncob

"Aye he is a threat to everyone I care about," Draco said simply as he looked into her eyes. "And for that a match like this will satisfy everything," Draco said with a chuckle. "It's still hoof to hoof combat," he said simply. "Just abit more dangerous,"

Jade felt some resonation in Draco's reasoning. She understood why he viewed Nin as something to be destroyed; she almost felt the same way about Rokata.

She nodded. "Just try to make sure nocreature else goes with him."

1 minute ago, dragon4111 said:

"Hmm are you worried about me little jade cutie?" Draco asked jokingly as he gently petted her. "I can't promise that I'll live," Draco stated simply. "I fear dying not death," Draco said simply. "Those are two important differences to it,"

Jade felt no shame in being worried about Draco, but his calling her 'cutie' took her aback.

"You are a teammate and a friend," she said, "of course I am worried about you dying. Besides, too many lives have been taken during this infernal tournament."

@Unicorncob

"We all die in someway or another," Draco said with a grin on his muzzle. "Hmm yes I can see that reaction and you're quite adorable," Draco said as he booped her nose. "Maybe you'll find love in the guild or find friendships that are worthwhile like I have," he said gently as he placed his forehead to hers.

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, dragon4111 said:

"We all die in someway or another," Draco said with a grin on his muzzle. "Hmm yes I can see that reaction and you're quite adorable," Draco said as he booped her nose. "Maybe you'll find love in the guild or find friendships that are worthwhile like I have," he said gently as he placed his forehead to hers.

Jade scowled from the boop, her cheeks puffing as they turned pink. No one had ever taking this demeanour with her, so she wasn't sure how to react.

"Hmph," she huffed, glancing away.

9 hours ago, Unicorncob said:

Jade scowled from the boop, her cheeks puffing as they turned pink. No one had ever taking this demeanour with her, so she wasn't sure how to react.

"Hmph," she huffed, glancing away.

@Dynamo Pad @dragon4111 @reader8363 @DwhitetheGamer @Arid_Blitz

The clock ticked down, fast approaching the deadline for the fight. All of team Lotus approached the mechanical double doors leading to the arena grounds when the deadline approached. They'd been in this waiting area before, but it felt different. They knew now what to expect from the nature of these fights, and in a way, they knew more about their opponents than ever before, but the things they didn't know now carried a greater weight than before.

Spoiler

"Five days of non-stop action!" Topaz announced over the loudspeakers, "Sixteen teams to two! Eighty fighters to ten! Fourty one fatalities and it's not over yet. We still need one champion and there's plenty of bloosdhed to go!"

Topaz spun around in the ring and gestured to the double doors on her right. "We'll begin by introducing the newcomers. You've grown to know them so well over the week, a team that always suprises and never disappoints, it's the out-of-nowhere team Lotus!"

The mechanical doors swung open. Team lotus had experienced this before, but this time, the sudden rush of light they expected didn't come. It was a cloudy, overcast day, and the outdoors was as dark and gloomy as the interior of the arena.

Most of the crowd broke into a fit of boos. A few pieces of trash were hurled while they took their places at the ring side, but there were some ponies cheering for them. Mostly betters who had staked a fair amount of money on them, but they also had some unlikely fans in the area of the stands where the remainders of teams Lockdown, Tatterhoof and Crimos were sitting.

"Come on... You've got this..." Cumulus muttered, tensing his hooves. Ray blew on a tiny trumpet that made enough noise Lotus' team to hear.

The doors on the others side of the arena were still closed, but they could feel something beyond it. There was something inside each of the fighters on team Lotus that yearned to know what was behind those doors, an itch to see them opened. A whole week of brutalities, cheats, deaths, and all of it was mastermined by the titanic fighters that were standing somehere behind those doors.

"And now are you ready... for the home team?" Topaz asked, purposefully keeping up the suspence. The crowd began to cheer.

"Ro-Ka-Ta! Ro-Ka-Ta!"

• Brohoof 1

On 9/26/2019 at 4:26 PM, Literally Snails said:

@dragon4111 @Dynamo Pad @dragon4111 @DwhitetheGamer @reader8363

With the whole team gathered, Shining Armor lead them to their locker room in the restricted section of the arena grounds. The room had six tall lockers that none of them had ever had a reason to use and a metal table in the center with a bench under the window. There was also a thick tension in the air. Past the insulated walls, they could hear the faint sound of cheering from the gathering crowds and Topaz's voice over the loudspeakers.

@Arid_Blitz Dai, Ray, Tatterhoof, and Cumulus all sat in a row in one of the middle columns of the arena stands, surrounded on all sides by fans who occassionally looked at them. There were seats on Cumulus' side for team Crimos to sit at.

"Isn't that pegasus supposed to be in prison?" One mare murmored.

There was still time before the finals started, but nearly every seat in the arena was already filled.

"Welcome back, fans!" the referree announced. "Can you feel it yet? This just isn't like any other fight we've seen! The teams haven't even entered the ring yet, and all our seats are already filled, but the most surprising part is who's fighting! After five days of absolutely insane fighting, The underdog Team Lotus has not only made it to the finals, but according to the betting odd's they're actually favored to win six to five!"

The majority of the arena errupted in boos at that news, and Topaz responded by saying, "Yes, but it seems like the less afluent fans don't share that sentiment. The opinion polls from the common fan are still firmly in favor of Rokata."

@reader8363 @Arid_Blitz @DwhitetheGamer

As the group was lead to the locker room, Dynamo took a seat near the metal table. He took notice of the lockers, but he felt there was no need as he only had his jacket with him. Plus, he had his power glove, but he just recently received the battle equipment. His ears perked at hearing the roar of the crowd and the echo of Topaz's voice due to the loudspeakers. 

On 9/28/2019 at 6:54 PM, dragon4111 said:

@Unicorncob@Dynamo Pad@Literally Snails@DwhitetheGamer

Draco looked at Jade as he sighed. He walked over to Jade he then placed a hoof around her. "Ignore the crowd," he said hegently as he pulled her close to him placing a wing over her back. "It doesn't matter to me if we have the audiences support. alright?" he asked gently.

As Topaz had made the announcement for the opening of the finals, Dynamo rolled his eyes and sighed at the boos from the crowd. As he listened to Draco speaking to Jade, he raised an eyebrow in slight surprise. "I actually have to agree with Draco on that one. That was honestly very well said. We were never a favorite from the crowd. That is, unless we did something to wow them or catch them off guard." He responded, remembering the time he silenced the crowd with his mind racer spell. "Nevertheless, the support of the crowd doesn't matter. What does matter is the support for each of us in our respective fights and the focus of the opponent we face."

11 hours ago, dragon4111 said:

@Unicorncob

11 hours ago, Unicorncob said:

Jade felt some resonation in Draco's reasoning. She understood why he viewed Nin as something to be destroyed; she almost felt the same way about Rokata.

She nodded. "Just try to make sure nocreature else goes with him."

As he listened to Draco mentioning Nin, Dynamo narrowed his eyes slightly as he felt the same way when it involved his fight with Selene. "Just make sure to be on your guard, Draco. From what Quill had told us, he's the one who's been able to give mostly everyone on Team Rokata their yokai. There's no telling what else he's capable of at this point. Especially with blood rituals and such.

11 hours ago, Unicorncob said:

Jade felt no shame in being worried about Draco, but his calling her 'cutie' took her aback.

"You are a teammate and a friend," she said, "of course I am worried about you dying. Besides, too many lives have been taken during this infernal tournament."

Dynamo looked over to Jade, who was conversing with Draco, before nodding. He knew that he wasn't that much of a part in that conversation, but what she had said still held value in his eyes. "What you said makes a good point, Jade. Since we all fought in this tournament, it kind of feels like we've become close teammates and friends. I know we lost a good amount in this tournament. I just hope that before will be the last time. I value my life just as much as I value all of your lives. I just can't help myself, but to worry. Seeing how I want us all to make it through this and go home together." He says, looking at each of the remaining members on the team.

51 minutes ago, Literally Snails said:

@Dynamo Pad @dragon4111 @reader8363 @DwhitetheGamer @Arid_Blitz

The clock ticked down, fast approaching the deadline for the fight. All of team Lotus approached the mechanical double doors leading to the arena grounds when the deadline approached. They'd been in this waiting area before, but it felt different. They knew now what to expect from the nature of these fights, and in a way, they knew more about their opponents than ever before, but the things they didn't know now carried a greater weight than before.

"Five days of non-stop action!" Topaz announced over the loudspeakers, "Sixteen teams to two! Eighty fighters to ten! Fourty one fatalities and it's not over yet. We still need one champion and there's plenty of bloosdhed to go!"

Topaz spun around in the ring and gestured to the double doors on her right. "We'll begin by introducing the newcomers. You've grown to know them so well over the week, a team that always suprises and never disappoints, it's the out-of-nowhere team Lotus!"

The mechanical doors swung open. Team lotus had experienced this before, but this time, the sudden rush of light they expected didn't come. It was a cloudy, overcast day, and the outdoors was as dark and gloomy as the interior of the arena.

Most of the crowd broke into a fit of boos. A few pieces of trash were hurled while they took their places at the ring side, but there were some ponies cheering for them. Mostly betters who had staked a fair amount of money on them, but they also had some unlikely fans in the area of the stands where the remainders of teams Lockdown, Tatterhoof and Crimos were sitting.

"Come on... You've got this..." Cumulus muttered, tensing his hooves. Ray blew on a tiny trumpet that made enough noise Lotus' team to hear.

The doors on the others side of the arena were still closed, but they could feel something beyond it. There was something inside each of the fighters on team Lotus that yearned to know what was behind those doors, an itch to see them opened. A whole week of brutalities, cheats, deaths, and all of it was mastermined by the titanic fighters that were standing somehere behind those doors.

"And now are you ready... for the home team?" Topaz asked, purposefully keeping up the suspence. The crowd began to cheer.

"Ro-Ka-Ta! Ro-Ka-Ta!"

As the time drew near for the climatic battles to begin, Dynamo had joined the others at the mechanical double doors. He could feel his body beginning to tremble as he felt nervous. He had been nervous before, but he now began to understand how very serious these fights were going to be. As their team name was called, the blue unicorn was about to shield his eyes from the bright light of the sun. However, the bright light had never appeared. The sky was a cloudy and overcast day, while the outdoors of the arena were dark and gloomy. It was as if even the entire arena had the same feeling as he and the others did. A reflection of constant dread and the cause of this dread was emanating from the other mechanical doors. Once the group started making their way out to the ring, Dynamo could hear the booing as he chose to ignore any backlash of the crowd. He kept a constant look at the approaching ring as the time drew closer. He thought he could hear some cheers for them, but he remembered hearing Topaz mention a betting odd for their team.

Once Topaz had started to make an announcement of Team Rokata, Dynamo gulped as he had a feeling that they were about to finally arrive. "This is it." He muttered softly to himself, but it was loud enough for the others on the team to hear him.

• Brohoof 1

By the time the door opened, Rose's coffee was half empty. She got up off the floor and walked out the door expecting the headache to be worse due to the brightness of the sun. She blinked a few times and got a bit worried about the lack of sunlight. There was still some light, but not a lot. She quickly grabbed the knife while she can access her shadow.

• Brohoof 1

12 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

"Ro-Ka-Ta! Ro-Ka-Ta!"

The lack of rushing light was a welcome surprise to Jade. She simply walked out onto the arena, eyes locked on the doors across the platform. No theatrics, no pandering.

An empty soda can came hurdling toward her from an irate spectator. She swiped it away with a wing, not taking her eyes off the doors.

Though the sound of cheering, as small as it was, gave her pause for thought. They truly did have some support. The tiny trumpet caused her ear to twitch.

She stood near the centre of the arena, ignoring everyone and everything but the doors.

Get out here, you coward.

10 hours ago, dragon4111 said:

Draco took up the front. He was focused as they walked through the door. He sighed to himself as he looked at the others. "are you alright?" he asked gently.

She took another breath.

"I am ready," she said. "That is enough."

8 hours ago, reader8363 said:

By the time the door opened, Rose's coffee was half empty. She got up off the floor and walked out the door expecting the headache to be worse due to the brightness of the sun. She blinked a few times and got a bit worried about the lack of sunlight. There was still some light, but not a lot. She quickly grabbed the knife while she can access her shadow.

She had noticed earlier that Rose was in... less than perfect condition that morning, but she trusted her to be ready when her time came to fight.

@reader8363 @Literally Snails @Dynamo Pad @Arid_Blitz @Unicorncob

For some reason, Copper knew that this crowd might turn against Rokata if he says the wrong thing, which made him smile just a tiny bit.  He looked over at Jade, then went near her and said, "Best of luck against Rokata.  I know you can beat him, and at the same time silence this dumb crowd."

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, DwhitetheGamer said:

For some reason, Copper knew that this crowd might turn against Rokata if he says the wrong thing, which made him smile just a tiny bit.  He looked over at Jade, then went near her and said, "Best of luck against Rokata.  I know you can beat him, and at the same time silence this dumb crowd."

Jade nodded slightly. Support from her teammates definitely helped.

"I plan to," she said, almost coldly. "Best of luck to you, too."

• Brohoof 1

Spoiler

@Unicorncob @Dynamo Pad @reader8363 @dragon4111 @DwhitetheGamer @Arid_Blitz

Topaz enthusiastically announced, "Now let me introduce once more the team you all know and love... the unchanging, the unbelievable, the unbeatable,  Team Rokata!"

The doors across from team Lotus opened, and silhouetted against the back of the interior light of the arena, they saw team Rokata.

It may have occurred to them that this was only the second time they saw all five members of Team Rokata assembled together. The last time they saw them like this was on the second day of the tournament after they fought against Tatterhoof's team. That time they were at a distance, and it seemed like they gathered to intimidate Jade. Every fight Team Rokata participated in so far, they only used a partial team, but it seemed like Team Lotus was the only opponent they bothered to gather for. Perhaps they even had some respect for them.

This was different from the last time they were together.

The last time Team Rokata gathered, there was an ominous tension in the air, but it was also mysterious. There was something hidden away tin that tense sensation hanging in the air.

But this time they could feel it. Team Rokata wasn't hiding their strength any more.

The five fighters approached the ring with Rail walking in behind them. They could hear the sounds of Onyx's heavy hoofsteps while the opponents approached, the constant roar of the crowd, but those sounds where dulled when compared to the overpowering sense they got from being in the presence of Rokata's crew. The crowd didnt seem bothered by it, but for those with keen magical awareness, they felt like there was a physical weight pulling down on his heart.

Cumulus broke into a sweat a tensed his hooves on the edge of his seat. Tatterhoof stared at him and asked, "Are you alright?" 

"How didnt we feel it before? They've been here this whole time hiding right under out bloody noses!" He takes in a deep breath almost dry heaving as he bends down and rests his head in his hooves. "Now I get it. We're the lucky ones! We're lucky that Lotus gave us what for in the early rounds. How the hell couldn't I feel it before?"

"As is customary, the team captains will now enter the ring and agree on the terms for the match!" Topaz said.

Rokata stepped up on the ring.

Edited by Literally Snails
  • Brohoof 1

19 hours ago, dragon4111 said:

Draco took up the front. He was focused as they walked through the door. He sighed to himself as he looked at the others. "are you alright?" he asked gently.

Dynamo's ears perked as he heard Draco had addressed the team. With a deep breath and a shaky sigh, Dynamo shook his head slightly. "I wan't to say yes, but I don't know. I won't lie as I admit that I'm nervous. Seeing what some of them can do, I feel as thought it's the right thing to worry. All I can say is that I just hope that we're ready and that I'll do my best." He nodded as he tried to put up a bit of a brave face. 

17 minutes ago, Literally Snails said:

Topaz enthusiastically announced, "Now let me introduce once more the team you all know and love... the unchanging, the unbelievable, the unbeatable,  Team Rokata!"

The doors across from team Lotus opened, and silhouetted against the back of the interior light of the arena, they saw team Rokata.

It may have occurred to them that this was only the second time they saw all five members of Team Rokata assembled together. The last time they saw them like this was on the second day of the tournament after they fought against Tatterhoof's team. That time they were at a distance, and it seemed like they gathered to intimidate Jade. Every fight Team Rokata participated in so far, they only used a partial team, but it seemed like Team Lotus was the only opponent they bothered to gather for. Perhaps they even had some respect for them.

The last time Team Rokata gathered, there was an ominous tension in the air, but it was also mysterious. There was something hidden away tin that tense sensation hanging in the air.

But this time they could feel it. Team Rokata wasn't hiding their strength any more.

The five fighters approached the ring with Rail walking in behind them. They could hear the sounds of Onyx's heavy hoofsteps while the opponents approached, the constant roar of the crowd, but those sounds where dulled when compared to the overpowering sense they got from being in the presence of Rokata's crew. The crowd didnt seem bothered by it, but for those with keen magical awareness, they felt like there was a physical weight pulling down on his heart.

Cumulus broke into a sweat a tensed his hooves on the edge of his seat. Tatterhoof stared at him and asked, "Are you alright?" 

"How didnt we feel it before? They've been here this whole time hiding right under out bloody noses!" He takes in a deep breath almost dry heaving as he bends down and rests his head in his hooves. "Now I get it. We're the lucky ones! We're lucky that Lotus gave us what for in the early rounds. How the hell couldn't I feel it before?"

"As is customary, the team captains will now enter the ring and agree on the terms for the match!" Topaz said.

@Arid_Blitz @Unicorncob @reader8363 @DwhitetheGamer

As the opposing team was announced, Dynamo had taken notice that every member from Rokata's team was in attendance. Usually, he would see a partial amount participating in between rounds, or it was just Rokata fighting. However, it was the first time seeing every single member of the team had walked as a team. As Onyx walked towards the ring, the blue unicorn could feel the ground shaking. As if the ground was about to be split in two. However, that wasn't what was bothering the gaming stallion at the moment. What was bothering him was the fact of how much power and tension being hung within the air. Dynamo felt as if he was breaking into a cold sweat, while finding it slightly difficult to breathe. He had felt this strength before when he met Selene for the first time. He started to wonder if that was just her way of saying hello, or if it was a test to see how much pressure he could handle. Ever since he was able to gain his sense of magical awareness, he could sense how much power each member of Rokata's team was giving off. Whatever the case, it was as if some sort of force was trying to push Dynamo towards the ground. He took a few deep breaths and tensed his hooves, while gritting his teeth and trying to stay calm under the pressure of their presence. 

As both captains were called up to the center of the ring, Dynamo looked to Jade with a nod. "You've got this, Captain. I know you do."

• Brohoof 1

Canteen had been off gathering stuff for the fight. Food, drinks, reloading all of the cart he acquired the day before. Getting to where the others were seated he began to hand out Drinks as the teams were coming out. Looking at how Cumulus was reacting to the power he just poked him with a drink "Oh come on now, dont get sick yet. At least wait for the blood, I wanna see that rail guy get popped like a zit." he chuckled before handing out more drinks and seeing Dynamo and the rest of Lotus he whistled loudly. Kicking the side of the cart it unfolded a flag that read "GO DYNAMO...and rest of lotus too...I guess."

Sitting there she fixed her glasses as Sueno took an offered drink Canteen handed her "If you are having issues there Cumulus perhaps you should leave...this is only just beginning and pretty soon the power is going to sky rocket."

Defiant munched on a hot dog as he sipped from a bottle of whiskey. "Ha this will be good..once Dynamo wins I'm out." he munched his hot dog and chuckled "Oh and that isnt a prediction...that is a Spoiler..with what he went through..if he somehow lost.."

Viridi began to eat some of the food before speaking up interrupting Defiant "If he somehow lost I would be betting the other team cheated. Should he lose though..." she chuckled sipping a soda "I would worry what Canteen would do."

Canteen looked at them and smirked "He wont lose he knows better. Plus if somehow he did then we have no reason to behave."

• Brohoof 3

15 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Jade felt it. It hit her like a heatwave. That raw power just radiating from Team Rokata as they approached. Something about them walking in together felt... wrong.

I feel it too. There's something about them...

She stood her ground, her hooves unshifting.

15 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

As both captains were called up to the center of the ring, Dynamo looked to Jade with a nod. "You've got this, Captain. I know you do."

She looked to her team and gave them a nod. "We've got this," she corrected.

15 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Jade stepped forward, not taking her eyes off Rokata.

(edited)
12 hours ago, Unicorncob said:

Jade stepped forward, not taking her eyes off Rokata.

The two captains stopped across from each other with Topaz in the center, staring over her to look in one another's eyes. Rokata finally broke through the silence, saying, "We'll fight one on one. Best of three wins. That means two of your teammates will need to be strong enough to win before you can face me. I will not win this tournament without fighting you."

Edited by Literally Snails
  • Brohoof 2

@Literally Snails @Unicorncob @Dynamo Pad @dragon4111 @reader8363 @Arid_Blitz

The only other person to not be fazed by the overwhelming power Team Rokata was dishing out, besides Jade, was Copper.  Point in fact he was a bit angered by this revelation. He looked at his left fore-hoof as his whole body pulsed with a tremendous amount of energy for a brief moment, shown by his body engulfed in a red outline, before calming itself down.  It was like his body wanted to take on all of them at once, but he knew he had to hold back.

When he saw the red outline of his true power, he recalled the past two times when he had to go all-out on some enemies during his mercenary days, with a power he had discovered early on in his career.  This time felt different, however.  "Just how long can I last with this amount of power against Onyx?" he asked himself, loud enough so not only can he hear himself, but his teammates would be given a warning sign to think of what might happen if he overheats.

• Brohoof 2

21 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

The two captains stopped across from each other with Topaz in the center, staring over her to look in one another's eyes. Rokata finally broke through the silence, saying, "We'll fight one on one. Best of three wins. That means two of your teammates will need to be strong enough to win before you can face me. I will not win this tournament without fighting you."

Jade kept her eyes fixed on Rokata's, barely even blinking.

"Agreed," she said. "Though, you will not win this tournament with fighting me, either."

4 hours ago, Unicorncob said:

Jade kept her eyes fixed on Rokata's, barely even blinking.

"Agreed," she said. "Though, you will not win this tournament with fighting me, either."

@dragon4111 @DwhitetheGamer @Dynamo Pad @reader8363 @Arid_Blitz

"Then decide who goes first. I want that decision to be on you," Rokata turned away and stepped out of the ring, saying one last thing before he returned to his teammate's sides. "Before you fight me, you need to find out what it feels like to send someone to their death."

Mason's face contorted to a twisted smile and he hopped up on Onyx's shoulder so he could see over the ring at the other team. 

• Brohoof 1