Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Everfree Dark Tournament RP

Literally Snails

19 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

"Then decide who goes first. I want that decision to be on you," Rokata turned away and stepped out of the ring, saying one last thing before he returned to his teammate's sides. "Before you fight me, you need to find out what it feels like to send someone to their death."

Mason's face contorted to a twisted smile and he hopped up on Onyx's shoulder so he could see over the ring at the other team. 

"I will know that feeling well," Jade said, rather coldly, "after you explain it to me in a few moments." She turned and walked back to her own team.

That was rather dark of you.

He wishes to get into my head using threats. I will respond in kind.

She looked amongst her team. "Which of you would like to fight first?"

@Unicorncob @Literally Snails @Dynamo Pad @dragon4111 @reader8363 @Arid_Blitz

"I'll go first."

The tone of voice that Copper gave to Jade would tell his team that he had every intention to win this match.  He casually took off his cloak and gave it to Dynamo, saying, "Take care of this for me, and if I die, use it to remember me by."

Then he walked slowly to the arena circle and looked at Team Rokata.  "Team Rokata," he spoke out, his voice carrying itself throughout the stadium.  "All of my team can feel the intense energy you are all emitting.  The amount of pressure being exerted from you all, in your hopes of defeating my team..."  He cracked a smile.  "...I'll have to respond in kind."

He started straining, roaring out as he powered up himself.  Sparks similar to how you start a fire began emitting from him, the ground began to shake slightly, and then...

"GRAAAAAAAHHHHHH!"

He slammed his hooves down, and a fire-style aura engulfed him, letting out a lot of heat in the process.  If Onyx remembered, The Earth Pony had an identical aura from when he was being tested, but that time was a mere intimidation tactic.  This time it was real, as a tremendous amount of power was surging from him in all directions.  "Now the question is... how long can this heat last?" he asked no one in particular, but it was still loud enough for everyone to hear.

(The following image is only to show what his aura looks like so everyone can have a good idea.  Don't worry, he can still be damaged.)

Jiren Aura.jpg

2 minutes ago, DwhitetheGamer said:

He slammed his hooves down, and a fire-style aura engulfed him, letting out a lot of heat in the process.  If Onyx remembered, The Earth Pony had an identical aura from when he was being tested, but that time was a mere intimidation tactic.  This time it was real, as a tremendous amount of power was surging from him in all directions.  "Now the question is... how long can this heat last?" he asked no one in particular, but it was still loud enough for everyone to hear.

Spoiler

Mason smiled at Copper's display. "That looks like it takes a lot of energy. Try not to tire yourself out too quickly."

It looked like Mason was going to challenge Copper, but Onyx exhaled a deep, slow breath through his nostrils and stepped forward. Mason jumped off his shoulder and looked up at the massive Minotaur. "So soon, Onyx?" He asked, but didn't get a response. 

The minotaur walked to the center of the ring to the exuberant cheers of the crowd, each step he made echoed through the ring, causing vibrations in the ground beneath team Lotus.

Topaz backed away from both fighters and looked between them. They both looked like they were ready to fight, but she waited a moment for them to speak, since contestants usually did at this point.

On 9/30/2019 at 5:20 PM, dragon4111 said:

@Dynamo Pad

"Then have courage Dynamo you'vew gotten here by your strength alone be proud of that," Draco stated with a grin on his face looking at the gamer pony. "All you need to do is breath," he said gently to Dynamo.

Dynamo looked towards Draco with a slightly surprised look upon his face. The blue unicorn could only sigh softly with a slight nod. "I know, but that's easy for you to say. You're not the one who lost most of the fights on this team." He muttered softly to himself, but it was enough for Draco to hear him. "I mean, I get it. Everyone on this team is strong and capable of getting the wins. It's just that I barely scraped by and this is it. There's no room for error, but we're up against the best of the best. They won't give you a second to catch your breath or make a mistake in which you capitalize on it." He shook his head slightly as he gave Draco an apologetic look. "I apologize. I'm not trying to sound pessimistic or anything like that. I'm just trying to sound more like a realist at this point. I get that Selene can do illusions, but I still don't know the full extent of her abilities."

On 10/1/2019 at 7:46 AM, Unicorncob said:

She looked to her team and gave them a nod. "We've got this," she corrected.

As Jade looked back to him and the rest of their team, Dynamo's jaw dropped slightly at the sentence she corrected. He took a deep breath and exhaled as he knew Jade was right. 'We're not fighting one on one. We're a team and we have to fight together in order to succeed in this. We have to win this for Snow, for Tricis and for everyone that's supported us in all of this.' He thought as he watched Jade make her way towards Rokata.

On 10/2/2019 at 7:54 AM, DwhitetheGamer said:

@Literally Snails @Unicorncob @Dynamo Pad @dragon4111 @reader8363 @Arid_Blitz

The only other person to not be fazed by the overwhelming power Team Rokata was dishing out, besides Jade, was Copper.  Point in fact he was a bit angered by this revelation. He looked at his left fore-hoof as his whole body pulsed with a tremendous amount of energy for a brief moment, shown by his body engulfed in a red outline, before calming itself down.  It was like his body wanted to take on all of them at once, but he knew he had to hold back.

When he saw the red outline of his true power, he recalled the past two times when he had to go all-out on some enemies during his mercenary days, with a power he had discovered early on in his career.  This time felt different, however.  "Just how long can I last with this amount of power against Onyx?" he asked himself, loud enough so not only can he hear himself, but his teammates would be given a warning sign to think of what might happen if he overheats.

Dynamo's ears perked as he heard Copper had been talking to himself. He turned to see his friend as he thought he saw a red glow of energy engulfing Copper. As the blue earth pony calmed down, Dynamo took notice that the energy had faded. "Copper, are you okay? Why would you say that, bro?" He didn't like the way Copper had talked in such a manner. It was almost as if it was a warning, but the gaming stallion couldn't understand why.

34 minutes ago, DwhitetheGamer said:

@Unicorncob @Literally Snails @Dynamo Pad @dragon4111 @reader8363 @Arid_Blitz

"I'll go first."

The tone of voice that Copper gave to Jade would tell his team that he had every intention to win this match.  He casually took off his cloak and gave it to Dynamo, saying, "Take care of this for me, and if I die, use it to remember me by."

Then he walked slowly to the arena circle and looked at Team Rokata.  "Team Rokata," he spoke out, his voice carrying itself throughout the stadium.  "All of my team can feel the intense energy you are all emitting.  The amount of pressure being exerted from you all, in your hopes of defeating my team..."  He cracked a smile.  "...I'll have to respond in kind."

He started straining, roaring out as he powered up himself.  Sparks similar to how you start a fire began emitting from him, the ground began to shake slightly, and then...

"GRAAAAAAAHHHHHH!"

@reader8363

As Jade had returned to the team to see who would be fighting first, Dynamo was surprised to see Copper had offered to start it off. He honestly was expecting Draco or even himself to go first, but not Copper. As the blue earth pony tossed his cloak to Dynamo, the blue unicorn caught the cloak in his hooves. "I'll take care of this cloak, but I'm not using it. I'm giving it back to you when you return to us. Good luck, bro." 

As Copper took center side of the ring, Dynamo was surprised as the ground shook, while Copper was engulfed in a fiery aura. He almost could feel the heat emanating from Team Lotus's side of the ring. "Had Copper been holding that back throughout the rest of this tournament? I know he had a sort of form change in the semi finals, but I didn't know he had this much power left. It's almost like he wants to go all out right from the start." He gritted his teeth in worry as he had a feeling of what the reason was. "I have a feeling he wants to end this match right here and now. Considering we ran into Onyx the other day when I met Canteen." He wondered as Onyx was beginning to make his way towards the center of the ring. 

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, dragon4111 said:

@Dynamo Pad

"Trust me Dynamo you learn from your losses," Draco stated as he parted part of his fur to reveal aton of scar tissue underneath. He smirked slightly to himself slightly. He then smoother it back out.

As he listened to Draco's response, Dynamo had winced slightly as he saw a lot of scars from his teammate. He could feel a shiver running up and down his spine as it was as if he could feel that pain. "Believe me. I get what you mean, Draco. Really, I do. It's just that there are times where I mess up on something in a game, or a match and I still don't understand what I did wrong. I go over the fight multiple times and from different angles, but I still draw no answers. I'm a decent gamer, in my opinion, but that's just it. There are times where I have trouble learning from my mistakes." He felt ridiculous for saying such a thing. A fear of being ridicules for doubting himself from his teammates, but it was the truth. Dynamo had failed in moments where it really counted and he still didn't understand the reason behind it. He just hoped he would be able to learn from his recent fights to gain a victory for their final fights.

33 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

As he listened to Draco's response, Dynamo had winced slightly as he saw a lot of scars from his teammate. He could feel a shiver running up and down his spine as it was as if he could feel that pain. "Believe me. I get what you mean, Draco. Really, I do. It's just that there are times where I mess up on something in a game, or a match and I still don't understand what I did wrong. I go over the fight multiple times and from different angles, but I still draw no answers. I'm a decent gamer, in my opinion, but that's just it. There are times where I have trouble learning from my mistakes." He felt ridiculous for saying such a thing. A fear of being ridicules for doubting himself from his teammates, but it was the truth. Dynamo had failed in moments where it really counted and he still didn't understand the reason behind it. He just hoped he would be able to learn from his recent fights to gain a victory for their final fights.

"Let's not forget that some of your losses weren't exactly fair," Shining Armor chymed in while waiting for the first match to begin. He half smiled and said, "Just don't try to fight Selene while you're unconscious. We've learned that doesn't work."

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Literally Snails said:

"Let's not forget that some of your losses weren't exactly fair," Shining Armor chymed in while waiting for the first match to begin. He half smiled and said, "Just don't try to fight Selene while you're unconscious. We've learned that doesn't work."

Dynamo's ears perked as Shining Armor was responding to him. The blue unicorn looked over to the team owner and nodded slightly. "I guess that's true when you put it that way. I guess the only fights that were considered 'fair' were Ray and Canteen. They had their tricks and such, but they at least fought legit." He responded with a slight smile. "I wouldn't even know how to fight Selene in an unconscious state. No matter what you try, she's able to control the battle from within your mind. If that were to make any sort of sense." He tilted his head in confusion as his ears fell.

• Brohoof 1

@Literally Snails

Copper looked over at Topaz, wanting to say something, but then looked back at Onyx.  "Good luck." he simply said to the Minotaur.  There was the usual emotionless expression in his voice, however there was a brief sound of a competitor in it.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
On 10/3/2019 at 7:01 PM, DwhitetheGamer said:

@Literally Snails

Copper looked over at Topaz, wanting to say something, but then looked back at Onyx.  "Good luck." he simply said to the Minotaur.  There was the usual emotionless expression in his voice, however there was a brief sound of a competitor in it.

Topaz scanned the two fighters and waited for any more Banter. Onyx had never said a word in the ring this whole tournament and it seemed he wasnt going to start now.

"Alright. Its the first fight of the finals!" She exclaimed. She gestured to Copper, who was right around the heigt of an average pony. "Standing at four feet, excluding his hair, it'a copper strikes!"

She pointed to her other side, "And at nine foot five with his horns, Onyx!"

The crowd broke into a cheer.

"Alright fighters you may begin!" Topaz announced.

Onyx broke into a sprint, charging at Copper while breaking fissures into the concrete with his hoof steps. He swiftly lept into the air and came down on Copper with an elbow.

Edited by Literally Snails
  • Brohoof 1

@Literally Snails

Copper simply stood there, his fiery aura un-fazed by this attack.  He waited for the right moment to counter attack, and when it happened, He aimed a head-butt at the Minotaur's chest, barely scraping the elbow attack.  If connected, this attack would be far more powerful than what would be anticipated, and also, if connected, would send Onyx right back to where he started.

(edited)
7 hours ago, DwhitetheGamer said:

@Literally Snails

Copper simply stood there, his fiery aura un-fazed by this attack.  He waited for the right moment to counter attack, and when it happened, He aimed a head-butt at the Minotaur's chest, barely scraping the elbow attack.  If connected, this attack would be far more powerful than what would be anticipated, and also, if connected, would send Onyx right back to where he started.

The minotaur opened his right palm to catch Copper's head in his palm. There was a meaty thud as his fist curled around the earth pony's forhead. The minotaur was sent back a few feet from the force of the blow. His hooves digging into  the concrete base of the ring and leaving an earthy trail as he slid back. He let go of Copper's hoof and squared off against him again. Neither fighter had scored an actual blow.

"Onyx certainly has improved since I first fought him. He never could have taken Copper back then," Rokata said with a smile.

"You see? Don't ever underestimate the power of one's hatred for us," Mason added.

Onyx widened his stance with both palms open, then he reached down and dug his fingers into the concrete base of the arena. The giant pulled up an entire segment of the ground, four feet in diameter and several feet deep. It must have weighed at least three times what Copper did. Then he hurled it at Copper.

@Literally Snails

Copper WAS planning to do a strike on Onyx, however this completely changed it.  He rammed his fore-hooves forward, and as a result turned the segment of the arena into rubble, in the process falling down due to the weight of the ground.  He immediately recovered before Topaz could start counting, then charged at the Minotaur, attempting to perform a flurry of punches and kicks at him.

@DwhitetheGamer

Onyx moved with Copper's assault, bocking when he could, but some of Copper's strikes managed to hit his muscular chest. It felt like Copper was punching at a brick wall, but it was in fact far more durable than any hoofmade structure. Without putting enough magical energy behind his strikes, Copper wouldn't get far against this behemoth.

Onyx punched back, striking less often but with more power behind his punches. Something felt fake about his attacks, however. It was like when Onyx first attacked copper in the forest. Even though his strikes were more than powerful enough to be fatal, his fists glowing with a firey red aura, he was holding something back.

@Literally Snails

He could tell his opponent was holding back, which wasn't really surprising to the Earth Pony.  He was still holding back himself, despite the overwhelming surge of power he showcased.  Like his own attacks, Onyx's would be blocked, but some would connect, and that made Copper back off for now.  At his current state it wasn't hurting as much, but he could feel some pain at the moment.

2 minutes ago, DwhitetheGamer said:

@Literally Snails

He could tell his opponent was holding back, which wasn't really surprising to the Earth Pony.  He was still holding back himself, despite the overwhelming surge of power he showcased.  Like his own attacks, Onyx's would be blocked, but some would connect, and that made Copper back off for now.  At his current state it wasn't hurting as much, but he could feel some pain at the moment.

@Unicorncob

"They're both just testing the waters. The first fighter to show their real strength might gain an early advantage." Quill Weave commented.

"Or reveal their weaknesses too early," Shining Armor commented.

When Copper backed away, Onyx didn't persue. He stood his ground with one hand curled into a fist and the other wide open. He spread his stance, making himself into a steady bulwark. Then, without warning. He lifted another massive slab of concrete and hurled it at Copper. This time he didn't let up, immediately following it with another projectile, then another, slinging a constant barrage of boulders at the earth pony. Many of them were hurled into the audience, creating explosions of debris wherever they landed.

"I can't tell if this is an accident or if the contestants keep attacking the audience on purpose, though that does make the pain more widespread, and I do like that!" Topaz commented.

@Unicorncob @dragon4111 @reader8363 @Dynamo Pad

Shining Armor created a shield around his team to protect them from any debris, that way none of them would have to waste energy protecting themselves.

@Arid_Blitz

One section of concrete landed near the members of teams Tatterhoof, Lockdown and Crimos who were watching the fight, blasting a few audience member sitting a few rows beside them but not harming any of of the former contestants.

"Good seats these." Cumulus commented.

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Literally Snails said:

When Copper backed away, Onyx didn't persue. He stood his ground with one hand curled into a fist and the other wide open. He spread his stance, making himself into a steady bulwark. Then, without warning. He lifted another massive slab of concrete and hurled it at Copper. This time he didn't let up, immediately following it with another projectile, then another, slinging a constant barrage of boulders at the earth pony. Many of them were hurled into the audience, creating explosions of debris wherever they landed.

This again?  He understood the kind of power Onyx had, but this was painful to experience without even being damaged.  With that in mind, Copper stood his ground, tapping into just a tiny bit more power in order to punch through the boulders that were coming towards him.  However, Topaz's comment caught him off guard, and when he looked at the announcer in shock, he got smacked by a boulder.  "Ow..." he muttered before springing back up, again without Topaz counting.  He cricked his neck, then checked his muzzle.  Good thing no blood since he was looking at Topaz.

Just now, DwhitetheGamer said:

This again?  He understood the kind of power Onyx had, but this was painful to experience without even being damaged.  With that in mind, Copper stood his ground, tapping into just a tiny bit more power in order to punch through the boulders that were coming towards him.  However, Topaz's comment caught him off guard, and when he looked at the announcer in shock, he got smacked by a boulder.  "Ow..." he muttered before springing back up, again without Topaz counting.  He cricked his neck, then checked his muzzle.  Good thing no blood since he was looking at Topaz.

"Impressive. Onyx might be able to finish this fight as he is. That is, as long as Copper keeps up this poor preformance," Rokata commented.

"Looks like we have a solid hit, ponies, but no blood to speak of yet!" Topaz commented. She sounded a tad disappointed. She stepped back as Onyx hurled a slab of concrete at Copper, then followed it up by charging right at him to deliver a powerful blow to the chest.

@Literally Snails

Copper did overhear Rokata, but he paid no mind to it.  Nobody knew what he was truly capable of except for him.  He re-ignited his fiery aura and charged at Onyx, first utterly obliterating the boulder hurled at him, before he aimed a kick to the Minotaur's face, this time putting a lot more effort into it.

1 minute ago, DwhitetheGamer said:

@Literally Snails

Copper did overhear Rokata, but he paid no mind to it.  Nobody knew what he was truly capable of except for him.  He re-ignited his fiery aura and charged at Onyx, first utterly obliterating the boulder hurled at him, before he aimed a kick to the Minotaur's face, this time putting a lot more effort into it.

Onyx lifted his forearm to block the strike from Copper. The bash was powerfull enough to send the minoutaur back once again, but the pushback from Onyx' block sent Copper back a few feet as well. Onyx exhaled, sounding a bit frustrated, and dragged his hoof across the ground like he was ready to charge.

"It's a draw," Shining Armor said.

@Literally Snails

Copper was getting a bit heated from frustration as well, and it showed with him gritting his teeth.  This fight was going nowhere at this rate, but he couldn't tell if the crowd was on the edge or getting bored.  Probably a mix of both.

It was time to step it up.

His aura expanded as he roared out, the ground shaking more violently than before from his initial power up.  More energy was being released from him, but he was still holding back some.  When he charged at Onyx, he moved far faster than before, and the punches were more rapid and more powerful as well.

(edited)
43 minutes ago, DwhitetheGamer said:

@Literally Snails

Copper was getting a bit heated from frustration as well, and it showed with him gritting his teeth.  This fight was going nowhere at this rate, but he couldn't tell if the crowd was on the edge or getting bored.  Probably a mix of both.

It was time to step it up.

His aura expanded as he roared out, the ground shaking more violently than before from his initial power up.  More energy was being released from him, but he was still holding back some.  When he charged at Onyx, he moved far faster than before, and the punches were more rapid and more powerful as well.

Onyx defended against the barrage once again, but this time was different than the first. Copper had ditched more of his chains, and that seemed to make a difference. More of Copper's attacks made contact since he was able to move faster, and they actually left a few marks on Onyx' muscular chest. The minotaur brought up a hoof and pushed Copper away from him, knocking him to the corner of the ring, giving Onyx a moment to breathe.

@dragon4111 @Unicorncob @DwhitetheGamer @reader8363 @Dynamo Pad @Arid_Blitz

Spoiler

The minotaur's eyes glowed with a bright red aura. He spoke for the first time in the tournament. Aside from Draco, no one in the arena outside of team Rokata had ever heard his voice before. It was deep, dark and trembling with a hidden turmoil. The very sound of his voice was enough to send shivers down his spine.

"Sorry to bore you," he said, "I'll give you a fight."

Rokata smiled and said, "It's time."

"And so soon," Nin added, "He must like something about Copper."

Onyx widened his stance and opened both of his palms. "Know this, Copper Strikes. I was saving this for someone else. And this is the highest compliment I give," he explained. He curled his right hand to point two fingers at the floor. Then he folded his left hand over his right, squeezing tightly. He closed his eyes and exhaled a deep breath. A red aura slowly emerged around his body. All he needed to do was focus one one particular memory.

"Defeat me now, or become my slave!" Rokata cried to the younger Onyx. His village burning around them both. 

Onyx charged at Rokata with a fist raised, ready to punch the monstrous pegasus to the ground, but Rokata was faster and stronger than he was, and swiftly delivered a punch to Onyx's head, creating a spray of warm blood.

Onyx lost.

And he lost again.

And every time he tried to kill Rokata he lost.

And he hated him.

The minotaur let out a cry of pure rage. His eyes were glowing so bright it hurt to look directly at him. Pieces of debris lifted off the ground and floated in the air around him as gravity seemed to take on different rules within his rapidly expanding aura. His whole body was glowing red.

"RAAAAAAH!" He screamed, clenching both arms into fists so tightly that they dripped blood. "YOU ROTTEN BASTARD!" He screamed.

Topaz slowly backed off of the ring. There was a physical force created by Onyx's aura that was too much for her to take. "I don't know what's going on now, ponies, but it looks like Team Rokata's combatant has gotten really really really mad!"

• Brohoof 1

@Literally Snails

Fear.

That word had been sprung in Copper's mind at that moment.  The word pulsated through him, cutting him like a knife through butter.  That was what he was feeling right now at the current state of Onyx.

And it made him smile.

"You've got me terrified, Onyx." he said to the Minotaur.  "I haven't felt this way since the start of my mercenary career.  Your strength is incredible... and now..." he took out the power bracer... and shattered it with his fore-hooves, his face conforming into his own rage.  "...I am not going to use some trivial item to claim a victory that I don't deserve with.  Too long have I relied on myself, and I'm not going to stop that now!  I WILL DEFEAT YOU, IN MY OWN WAY, ON MY OWN TERMS!"

Suddenly, he created a cyclone of his fiery aura, roaring out once again.  The ground shaking was more intense now, and the overwhelming power seemed to match toe-to-toe with Onyx.  After all of that, his new aura gave a much more menacing feel to it.  His power increased dramatically too.

latest?cb=20180318015250

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

"I can't tell if this is an accident or if the contestants keep attacking the audience on purpose, though that does make the pain more widespread, and I do like that!" Topaz commented.

Jade was quiet and still through the whole battle, watching her teammate and his opponent closely.

"When I said not to take anyone else's life, that included the audience's," she snarked.

5 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

The minotaur let out a cry of pure rage. His eyes were glowing so bright it hurt to look directly at him. Pieces of debris lifted off the ground and floated in the air around him as gravity seemed to take on different rules within his rapidly expanding aura. His whole body was glowing red.

"RAAAAAAH!" He screamed, clenching both arms into fists so tightly that they dripped blood. "YOU ROTTEN BASTARD!" He screamed.

Topaz slowly backed off of the ring. There was a physical force created by Onyx's aura that was too much for her to take. "I don't know what's going on now, ponies, but it looks like Team Rokata's combatant has gotten really really really mad!"

The roar was almost bloodcurdling. She saw the pure, blind anger in Onyx's eyes.

Reminds me of when we first met.

Do not remind me.

5 hours ago, DwhitetheGamer said:

Fear.

That word had been sprung in Copper's mind at that moment.  The word pulsated through him, cutting him like a knife through butter.  That was what he was feeling right now at the current state of Onyx.

And it made him smile.

"You've got me terrified, Onyx." he said to the Minotaur.  "I haven't felt this way since the start of my mercenary career.  Your strength is incredible... and now..." he took out the power bracer... and shattered it with his fore-hooves, his face conforming into his own rage.  "...I am not going to use some trivial item to claim a victory that I don't deserve with.  Too long have I relied on myself, and I'm not going to stop that now!  I WILL DEFEAT YOU, IN MY OWN WAY, ON MY OWN TERMS!"

Suddenly, he created a cyclone of his fiery aura, roaring out once again.  The ground shaking was more intense now, and the overwhelming power seemed to match toe-to-toe with Onyx.  After all of that, his new aura gave a much more menacing feel to it.  His power increased dramatically too.

"Control your emotions," she said, hopefully loud enough for Copper to hear. "Onyx is blinded by his anger. Do not fall into the same trap."