Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Everfree Dark Tournament RP

Literally Snails

1 minute ago, DwhitetheGamer said:

@Literally Snails

"Gah!"

Copper too spat out some blood from the sudden attack, and he was having trouble keeping his fiery aura intact.  However, he wasn't giving up.  He got back up and aimed another punch, this time at another critical point on Onyx's left portion of the body.

Onyx pushed  sideways with an open palm to redirect Copper's blow to srike his ribs instead of his heart. There was a soft crunch, as Copper's strike was clearly stong enough do do some real damage to the far larger opponent, but it wasn't the fatal blow he hope for, and it left the pony open for an attack. Onyx came down on Copper's back with a firmly clenched fist.

1 minute ago, Literally Snails said:

Onyx pushed  sideways with an open palm to redirect Copper's blow to srike his ribs instead of his heart. There was a soft crunch, as Copper's strike was clearly stong enough do do some real damage to the far larger opponent, but it wasn't the fatal blow he hope for, and it left the pony open for an attack. Onyx came down on Copper's back with a firmly clenched fist.

To think that this match has gone this long... well it was the last thing Copper thought of as the attack from Onyx barely scraped him.  He had an idea now, to remove some of the strength by taking out one of the arms.  He attempted such a move on Onyx's inner right elbow, aiming a precision strike to try and numb it, if not break the bones.

7 minutes ago, DwhitetheGamer said:

To think that this match has gone this long... well it was the last thing Copper thought of as the attack from Onyx barely scraped him.  He had an idea now, to remove some of the strength by taking out one of the arms.  He attempted such a move on Onyx's inner right elbow, aiming a precision strike to try and numb it, if not break the bones.

Copper was still fighting with a level head. Normally that would make him a more effective opponent, but he failed to understand the nature of this fight. Any milosecond spent thinking about a plan was another one his opponent could use to strike. Before Copper even managed to connect with Onyx, the minotaur landed a punch square in his face and attempted to follow it up with a low kick to the gut.

Just now, Literally Snails said:

Copper was still fighting with a level head. Normally that would make him a more effective opponent, but he failed to understand the nature of this fight. Any milosecond spent thinking about a plan was another one his opponent could use to strike. Before Copper even managed to connect with Onyx, the minotaur landed a punch square in his face and attempted to follow it up with a low kick to the gut.

That punch made him reel back a bit from the attack, almost making him collapse.  When he saw the low kick coming, he dodged as quickly as he could, then resumed his plan.  This time his movement was quicker, aiming at the same spot he was originally intending to.  He wasn't going to think now, he had to wing it.

4 minutes ago, DwhitetheGamer said:

That punch made him reel back a bit from the attack, almost making him collapse.  When he saw the low kick coming, he dodged as quickly as he could, then resumed his plan.  This time his movement was quicker, aiming at the same spot he was originally intending to.  He wasn't going to think now, he had to wing it.

Copper's punch landed squarely on the inside of Onyx's left arm, but the damage wasn't as dramatic as he might have expected. It left a nasty bruise on his flesh, and there was the sound of a snapping bone, but the minotaur didn't lose the use of his arm. He couldn't stop just because of some pain, not now that everything rode on this fight! He retaliated with a blow to the back of Copper's head.

"It... really is just a straight up fistfight now! That's rare to see this far into the tournament and I love it!" Topaz announced.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Literally Snails said:

Copper's punch landed squarely on the inside of Onyx's left arm, but the damage wasn't as dramatic as he might have expected. It left a nasty bruise on his flesh, and there was the sound of a snapping bone, but the minotaur didn't lose the use of his arm. He couldn't stop just because of some pain, not now that everything rode on this fight! He retaliated with a blow to the back of Copper's head.

"It... really is just a straight up fistfight now! That's rare to see this far into the tournament and I love it!" Topaz announced.

Great.

As Copper took the blow to the back of his head, nearly ending up with a concussion, he knew he had only one option left.  Use every last ounce of his remaining power to win.  "HAAAAAHHHHH!" he roared, igniting his fiery aura once again.  "Rokata!" he shouted.  "If I don't kill Onyx, but instead knock him out, do me a favor and keep him alive, please?  I want him to go beyond his current limits so we can fight again one day!"

It was a pretty bold assumption for what he said, basically taking a wild shot in the dark, but now wasn't the time for thinking.  He would block whatever attack he was thrown at by Onyx, knowing that the words would leave him open for a bit, before he aimed a punch that would hopefully knock out Onyx and seal this match for the Earth Pony.

5 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

5 hours ago, DwhitetheGamer said:

Great.

As Copper took the blow to the back of his head, nearly ending up with a concussion, he knew he had only one option left.  Use every last ounce of his remaining power to win.  "HAAAAAHHHHH!" he roared, igniting his fiery aura once again.  "Rokata!" he shouted.  "If I don't kill Onyx, but instead knock him out, do me a favor and keep him alive, please?  I want him to go beyond his current limits so we can fight again one day!"

It was a pretty bold assumption for what he said, basically taking a wild shot in the dark, but now wasn't the time for thinking.  He would block whatever attack he was thrown at by Onyx, knowing that the words would leave him open for a bit, before he aimed a punch that would hopefully knock out Onyx and seal this match for the Earth Pony.

Jade continued to watch as the battle devolved into a fistfight. She hadn't flinched when the blast came toward her, thanks to Shining Armour's shield.

"One attack in just the right place will finish this battle," she said. "Copper must pick his moment carefully, before Onyx does."

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

5 hours ago, DwhitetheGamer said:

Great.

As the battle continued, Copper and Onyx were unable to make any fancy moves to try and catch the other off guard. The only thing they could do was to throw punch after punch, until one of them was knocked unconscious. “It’s turning into nothing more than a brawl. At this point, it’s just going to be a fight to the finish.” At the mention of Copper wanting to fight Onyx again, Dynamo couldn’t help in chuckling and smiling softly. “It seems like Copper has met his match. That, or he found someone that can give him a challenge to push his limits even further.”

10 minutes ago, Unicorncob said:

Jade continued to watch as the battle devolved into a fistfight. She hadn't flinched when the blast came toward her, thanks to Shining Armour's shield.

"One attack in just the right place will finish this battle," she said. "Copper must pick his moment carefully, before Onyx does."

@Arid_Blitz @reader8363 @dragon4111

Upon hearing Jade’s remark, Dynamo glanced to her and nodded. “If Copper can hold on a little longer, then he can find the moment to land that decisive strike and win. Both Copper and Onyx have become severely weakened and are low on energy. It’s all a matter of who has the will , the drive and the resolve to keep going.”

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
20 hours ago, DwhitetheGamer said:

Great.

Onyx clenched his fists and darkened his expression. He was clearly unamused by Copper's words. "Sorry Copper but losing isn't in my plans!"

The minotaur didn't attempt to dodge or block Copper's attack. Instead he retaliated with his own. Onyx tapped into his rage, something that Copper had unwittingly helped him with by speaking to Rokata during the fight. He curled his right hand into a glowing fist and slammed his fist into Copper's left temple right as Copper's hoof slammed into his lower chest.

There was an echoing sound of cracking bones and splattering blood. The ring beneath the two fighters dripped with the warm red liquid. It wasn't clear from which fighter the blood and sounds of shattered bones was coming from, but since they'd both taken the full brunt of each other's blows, it was probably both.

The arena fell silent.

Edited by Literally Snails
  • Brohoof 1

@Literally Snails

That punch from Onyx was the final nail in the coffin, as when they collided, Copper was sent careening back.  He tumbled and collapsed on his side of the arena circle, his chest-side down on the ground.  He laid there for a moment, then very VERY slowly looked up at Onyx.  "Good game... well played..." were his final words before he lost consciousness.

• Brohoof 3

7 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Onyx clenched his fists and darkened his expression. He was clearly unamused by Copper's words. "Sorry Copper but losing isn't in my plans!"

The minotaur didn't attempt to dodge or block Copper's attack. Instead he retaliated with his own. Onyx tapped into his rage, something that Copper had unwittingly helped him with by speaking to Rokata during the fight. He curled his right hand into a glowing fist and slammed his fist into Copper's left temple right as Copper's hoof slammed into his lower chest.

There was an echoing sound of cracking bones and splattering blood. The ring beneath the two fighters dripped with the warm red liquid. It wasn't clear from which fighter the blood and sounds of shattered bones was coming from, but since they'd both taken the full brunt of each other's blows, it was probably both.

The arena fell silent.

3 hours ago, DwhitetheGamer said:

That punch from Onyx was the final nail in the coffin, as when they collided, Copper was sent careening back.  He tumbled and collapsed on his side of the arena circle, his chest-side down on the ground.  He laid there for a moment, then very VERY slowly looked up at Onyx.  "Good game... well played..." were his final words before he lost consciousness.

Jade felt a twinge of disappointment. Not in Copper, but in that Rokata's team now had the lead.

"At least his defeat was more noble this time," she commented quietly. She looked at Shining Armour. "Can you get somepony to bring him to the medical area?"

• Brohoof 1

14 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

The arena fell silent.

10 hours ago, DwhitetheGamer said:

@Literally Snails

@Arid_Blitz @DwhitetheGamer @Unicorncob @reader8363 @dragon4111

As both fighters had charged up their final attacks, Dynamo watched as both Copper and Onyx landed strikes against one another. Noticing how much both sides had taken, it was clear that dodging wasn't going to be an option anymore. As both attacks collided, Dynamo winced slightly as he heard bones had been cracked. The sound echoed throughout the stadium. Almost as if the further emphasize how much power each combatant put into their attacks. He then noticed Copper was sent flying as he tumbled on the side of the ring. At first, Dynamo could only see Copper was just lying on the ground. As if he was dazed from the attack to the left temple from Onyx's punch. With his last words, Dynamo was shocked as Copper closed his eyes and lost consciousness. "Copper!" He called out to him, while the whole stadium had fallen silent. He wanted to tell Copper to get up and to not give up, but it looked as if he was really down for the count this time. All he could do now was hope that he was wrong, while hoping that Copper would get up and be okay. 

• Brohoof 1

19 hours ago, DwhitetheGamer said:

@Literally Snails

Spoiler

Topaz started her tencount as soon as Copper fell to the ground. He landed right in front of Onyx's hooves. The minotaur barely standing. By the time Onyx was even cognizant of what was happenning, the ten count was almost over, and the crowd was in an uproar.

"EIGHT! NINE!"

It was clear that Copper wasn't getting back up, even Topaz's loud counting and the frantic cheers of the crowd weren't enough to wake him. Onyx stumbled forward. "A good fight, Copper. If only you were the one wh-"

"AND TEN!" Topaz announced as Onyx's eyes opened wide and he clenched his broken shoulder. His eyes closed and he lost his balance. "The winner by knock out is Onyx!"

The minotaur suddenly fell face first onto the ring, landing right next to Copper with a booming thud. He was out cold, just like his opponent.

Topaz jumped and stepped away from the two fighters with a giddy smile. A group of six tournament personel walked on the ring and picked up Onyx's body together. They carried him to the sidelines and placed him with the rest of his team. "I love it! You couldn't ask for a better first match! Those fighters were so evenly matched that it's clear this is gonna be the most competative round yet! The score is one to zero!"

The crowd cheared and hollared a mixture of chants.

"Two more wins and Lotus is finished!"

"I hope someone dies in the next round, I spent too much on this front row seat!"

"Copper should be executed for losing!"

"It doesn't matter! He'll die when the rest of his team loses."

@reader8363

Mason stood just high enough for his head to be seen over the ring by the members of Team Lotus. He stared directly at Rose with a gaze that pierced her very being. She felt a chill across her back as if ice was being rubbed along her spine.

Spoiler

@reader8363 @Unicorncob @dragon4111 @Dynamo Pad

"I'll take the next one," He said to his team, and he stepped onto the half destroyed ring, brushing past some upturned rubble to approach Copper's unconscious body.

"Great. The creep wants to fight next," Said Shining Armor.

A shadowy hand extended from his back, and he delicately lifted Copper's unconscious form off the ring before the tournament personel could remove him. He lifted Copper and gazed at his unconscious face with a smile while two medical personel kept their distance.

"It's a pitty he didn't die. Things would have been easier for him that way," He looked past Copper at Team Lotus, focusing his eyes on Rose in the center. "You still don't understand. I get a wish when my team wins. It doesnt' matter how many of you survive the finals, because I'm going to wish for the bloody deaths of any of you who survive!"

He let out a shrill laugh, raising his head to the cloudy sky while he bellowed. "AHAHAHA! I've been waiting too long for this!"  He haphazardly tossed Copper's body at his team.

• Brohoof 1

13 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

"I'll take the next one," He said to his team, and he stepped onto the half destroyed ring, brushing past some upturned rubble to approach Copper's unconscious body.

A shadowy hand extended from his back, and he delicately lifted Copper's unconscious form off the ring before the tournament personel could remove him. He lifted Copper and gazed at his unconscious face with a smile while two medical personel kept their distance.

"It's a pitty he didn't die. Things would have been easier for him that way," He looked past Copper at Team Lotus, focusing his eyes on Rose in the center. "You still don't understand. I get a wish when my team wins. It doesnt' matter how many of you survive the finals, because I'm going to wish for the bloody deaths of any of you who survive!"

He let out a shrill laugh, raising his head to the cloudy sky while he bellowed. "AHAHAHA! I've been waiting too long for this!"  He haphazardly tossed Copper's body at his team.

Jade simply raised an eyebrow at Mason's boasting, her lip curled. "He seems to enjoy himself, doesn't he."

12 hours ago, reader8363 said:

Rose caught Copper and lowered him to the ground before saying as she leaped on the platform, "I'll take on this one." She clutched the knife in her hoof and added towards Mason, "Just remember, only one of us is leaving this platform, and I'm sure it will be me."

She looked at Rose and nodded. "Remember to keep calm and focused."

On 10/11/2019 at 12:05 AM, Literally Snails said:

Topaz started her tencount as soon as Copper fell to the ground. He landed right in front of Onyx's hooves. The minotaur barely standing. By the time Onyx was even cognizant of what was happenning, the ten count was almost over, and the crowd was in an uproar.

"EIGHT! NINE!"

It was clear that Copper wasn't getting back up, even Topaz's loud counting and the frantic cheers of the crowd weren't enough to wake him. Onyx stumbled forward. "A good fight, Copper. If only you were the one wh-"

"AND TEN!" Topaz announced as Onyx's eyes opened wide and he clenched his broken shoulder. His eyes closed and he lost his balance. "The winner by knock out is Onyx!"

The minotaur suddenly fell face first onto the ring, landing right next to Copper with a booming thud. He was out cold, just like his opponent.

Topaz jumped and stepped away from the two fighters with a giddy smile. A group of six tournament personel walked on the ring and picked up Onyx's body together. They carried him to the sidelines and placed him with the rest of his team. "I love it! You couldn't ask for a better first match! Those fighters were so evenly matched that it's clear this is gonna be the most competative round yet! The score is one to zero!"

The crowd cheared and hollared a mixture of chants.

"Two more wins and Lotus is finished!"

"I hope someone dies in the next round, I spent too much on this front row seat!"

"Copper should be executed for losing!"

"It doesn't matter! He'll die when the rest of his team loses."

@reader8363

Mason stood just high enough for his head to be seen over the ring by the members of Team Lotus. He stared directly at Rose with a gaze that pierced her very being. She felt a chill across her back as if ice was being rubbed along her spine.

@reader8363 @Unicorncob @dragon4111 @Dynamo Pad

As Topaz finished the ten count, Dynamo sighed as he saw that Copper was down for the count. "It's a shame that we lost the first round, but we still have a chance to turn this around. Plus, at least Copper is still with us." He was about to continue, but stopped as he felt the ground shake from a sudden impact. He looked over and was surprised to see that Onyx had fallen right next to Copper. "Oh, wow. I get that he won, but I didn't think Copper was able to knock Onyx out into unconsciousness. It looks like all those attacks finally took it's toll on the minotaur. Although, it seems like his goal of wanting to defeat Rokata had kept him going."

Once Onyx had been carried out of the ring, it was Mason's turn to take the stage. Dynamo narrowed his eyes slightly as Mason brought a shadowy hand from his back, before picking up Copper in its shadowy grasp. As he listened to Mason's train of thought, the blue unicorn could only shiver in disgust. It didn't help that the words from the crowd further emphasized Mason's desires.

19 hours ago, Unicorncob said:

Jade simply raised an eyebrow at Mason's boasting, her lip curled. "He seems to enjoy himself, doesn't he."

@Arid_Blitz @DwhitetheGamer @reader8363 @dragon4111

Dynamo shook his head as he heard Jade's reply. "That sounds like a bit of an understatement. This guy is just plain sick in the head, if you ask me." He watched as Mason just tossed Copper out of the ring and over to Team Lotus. Dynamo was about to attempt in catching his friend, but he was grateful as Rose had managed to catch him. "Nice save, Rose." He gave his teammate a look of gratitude, before placing the cloak back on Copper like a blanket. 

• Brohoof 2

15 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

Dynamo shook his head as he heard Jade's reply. "That sounds like a bit of an understatement. This guy is just plain sick in the head, if you ask me."

@dragon4111

Mason's eyes trained on Pad without him turning his head. "Sick? That's an interesting word to use," he said, "Sickness kills. I feel great."

"Mason is a puzzle considering what we know about Rokata's standards of character," Quill commented. "Tenebris has no sense of honor. He seems to be the antithasis to Rokata both in character and action. He must be very powerful indeed for Rokata and his gang to tollerate his presense."

On 10/10/2019 at 11:27 PM, reader8363 said:

@Unicorncob @Dynamo Pad @dragon4111 
Rose caught Copper and lowered him to the ground before saying as she leaped on the platform, "I'll take on this one." She clutched the knife in her hoof and added towards Mason, "Just remember, only one of us is leaving this platform, and I'm sure it will be me."

Spoiler

When Rose stepped onto the ring, Mason's eyes trained on her and he relaxed his postures, His pitch black aura receded into his body and the previously crazed look on his face glazed over in a way that could almost be called serene. His demeanor transformed to one of confident supperiority rather than manic frenzy.

"So... after all that you still want to fight me?" He asked, "Do you really think this will be any different from last time? Run along and beg one of your other friends to fight me. They're all much stronger than you." He cocked a smile, showing the tips of his yellowed teeth. "That must be hard, isn't it? Couldn't quite live up to daddy and now even your teammates outshine you. Are you here so I can put you out of your misery?"

• Brohoof 1

Rose closed her eyes and said while taking a deep breath, "I know what you are trying to do. I lost my temper last time, it's not going to happen this time." She thought about it and quickly switched the knife to the metal hoof. Who knows who else knew about the knife and what it could do. If Mason did, he would try to make her lose grip on the knife

Edited by reader8363
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)
22 minutes ago, reader8363 said:

Rose closed her eyes and said while taking a deep breath, "I know what you are trying to do. I lost my temper last time, it's not going to happen this time." She quickly switched hooves to the metal one. Who knows if he knows what it does, and if he did, he would try to make her lose grip on it.

@Unicorncob @Dynamo Pad @dragon4111 @Arid_Blitz @DwhitetheGamer

"So, you've mastered your temper in so short a time?" Mason asked. He lowered his head and chuckled, lifting his shoulders when he laughed. Then he looked back at here with an intense, piercing glare that only a being as ancient as him could produce. "Then I suggest you say your prayers, because I don't like painless endings."

Topaz glanced between the two opponents as a tournament official walked up behind her. "Okay, that's enough with the pillow talk!" She said. "Let's get this party started! Fighters, take your sta-" She paused as the official whispered something in her ear.

Two unicorns in official white and green tournament uniforms entered the ring and started using their magic to mend the concrete back together.

"It seems the honorable tournament officials need a bit more time to prepare for this next match than usual." Topaz announced. "The last battle was just too incredible, and there's a lot of damage to the ring that needs to be tended to by our alteration mages."

Mason chuckled and stepped back to his team. 

"It looks like we're going to need a short recess of about twenty minutes before the fight can continue!" Topaz explained. "In the meantime, feel free to visit the snackbars or any of our many fine betting kiosks to place your bets on the Rose versus Mason match!"

The referee turned off her mic and sighed.

• Brohoof 1

@Literally Snails

Draco stood up and walked over to Topaz. "Miss Topaz a word," he stated as he walked forward. "After this match I will be fighting Nin but I want you to be safe so if it's alright with you Miss Topaz I need you out of the ring when the fight between me and Nin starts," Draco stated. "Unless of course you can withstand fire,"

• Brohoof 2

4 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

@dragon4111

Mason's eyes trained on Pad without him turning his head. "Sick? That's an interesting word to use," he said, "Sickness kills. I feel great."

"Mason is a puzzle considering what we know about Rokata's standards of character," Quill commented. "Tenebris has no sense of honor. He seems to be the antithasis to Rokata both in character and action. He must be very powerful indeed for Rokata and his gang to tollerate his presense."

When Rose stepped onto the ring, Mason's eyes trained on her and he relaxed his postures, His pitch black aura receded into his body and the previously crazed look on his face glazed over in a way that could almost be called serene. His demeanor transformed to one of confident supperiority rather than manic frenzy.

"So... after all that you still want to fight me?" He asked, "Do you really think this will be any different from last time? Run along and beg one of your other friends to fight me. They're all much stronger than you." He cocked a smile, showing the tips of his yellowed teeth. "That must be hard, isn't it? Couldn't quite live up to daddy and now even your teammates outshine you. Are you here so I can put you out of your misery?"

Dynamo felt a chill run down his spine as it felt like Mason was watching him. It didn't help as Mason's response was somewhat directed at the blue unicorn. "It's like you were mentioning yesterday, Quill. You said that both Rokata and Mason both have the same kind of goal set in mind. Which is why they can both tolerate each other, while working together towards that goal. Whatever goal Rokata has, that is." He didn't want to bother in responding to Mason as he didn't want to bring any trouble to himself. All he knew was that this fight was between Rose and Mason.

3 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

@Unicorncob @Dynamo Pad @dragon4111 @Arid_Blitz @DwhitetheGamer

"So, you've mastered your temper in so short a time?" Mason asked. He lowered his head and chuckled, lifting his shoulders when he laughed. Then he looked back at here with an intense, piercing glare that only a being as ancient as him could produce. "Then I suggest you say your prayers, because I don't like painless endings."

Topaz glanced between the two opponents as a tournament official walked up behind her. "Okay, that's enough with the pillow talk!" She said. "Let's get this party started! Fighters, take your sta-" She paused as the official whispered something in her ear.

Two unicorns in official white and green tournament uniforms entered the ring and started using their magic to mend the concrete back together.

"It seems the honorable tournament officials need a bit more time to prepare for this next match than usual." Topaz announced. "The last battle was just too incredible, and there's a lot of damage to the ring that needs to be tended to by our alteration mages."

"It looks like we're going to need a short recess of about twenty minutes before the fight can continue!" Topaz explained. "In the meantime, feel free to visit the snackbars or any of our many fine betting kiosks to place your bets on the Rose versus Mason match!"

As it looked like the fight was set to begin, Dynamo blinked in surprise as Topaz had to stop the fight momentarily. He was about to question the reason behind it, before he took notice of the ring itself. Some of the ring was actually damage from Copper's fight with Onyx. "I know Onyx used the ring as throwing stones to try and hit Copper, but I didn't think the ring would be that badly damaged. I wonder if they'll set the stage up for every match now that we're in the finals." He wondered as they were given a short recess so the ring would be repaired. 

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Jade was a little surprised at the announcement, but it made sense. The arena looked more like a warzone after that first match.

"Rokata and his team seem fond of mind games," she commented, as Mason returned to his side. "Rose seems to be in control of her emotions, and she must stay that way."

Rose growled with frustration and sat down on the edge of the platform while they fixed it up. She kept the knife on her lap with her on it so that she could relax until the platform was done being repaired.

(edited)
5 hours ago, reader8363 said:

Rose growled with frustration and sat down on the edge of the platform while they fixed it up. She kept the knife on her lap with her on it so that she could relax until the platform was done being repaired.

Spoiler

Rose heard a single hoofstep behind her, and suddenly Mason was standing over her back shoulder, looking at her at eye level. "Why don't you tell them the real reason you're being so quiet. They think you have some new coolheaded additude but you're actually trying to hide how afraid you are."

Mason's scare tactics were blatant, but there was something supernatural at play, an ability he had that Quill didn't find in her research. The more she listened to him speak, the more his words crept into her mind and influenced her emotions. 

@Arid_Blitz

"That one sure likes to run his gab," Cumulus commented.

"Believe it or not, there's a strategic reason that he's talking," Dai commented, "It's the same way demons are able to drive a pony to madness by whispering to them in their dreams, a yokai like Mason will have some ability to influence Rose's mind with his words. He's trying to get into her head."

"You're afraid. You're just good at covering it up," Mason said to Rose, "And you're also ashamed. Shadow beast would never show that kind of weakness."

His words crept into her skull and seeded into her mind.

"Luckily for you, your execution's been postponed. Why don't you go and enjoy life for a while? I'd hate to leave you with any sickly regrets."

• Brohoof 1

14 hours ago, dragon4111 said:

@Literally Snails

Draco stood up and walked over to Topaz. "Miss Topaz a word," he stated as he walked forward. "After this match I will be fighting Nin but I want you to be safe so if it's alright with you Miss Topaz I need you out of the ring when the fight between me and Nin starts," Draco stated. "Unless of course you can withstand fire,"

"I've already been in plenty of danger during this tournament," Topaz said, wagging her hoof and closing her eyes, "I know you think you're pretty bad, but there's no need to give me an explicit warning just to make yourself sound more dangerous."