Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Everfree Dark Tournament RP

Literally Snails

@Literally Snails

"Miss Topaz dragon fire is far more serious than you think," Draco stated as he looked at her. "My guild uses it to settle disputes. we lose wings talons and our eyes," Draco stated. "SO please reconsider going into the ring when Nin and I's match starts. Because I'd rather not see your pretty body scarred or blemished at all," Draco stated as he started to walk away,

14 hours ago, Unicorncob said:

Jade was a little surprised at the announcement, but it made sense. The arena looked more like a warzone after that first match.

"Rokata and his team seem fond of mind games," she commented, as Mason returned to his side. "Rose seems to be in control of her emotions, and she must stay that way."

Dynamo looked over to Jade, before taking notice of Rose, who was sitting near the edge of the ring. "Rose has been through a lot in this tournament. We all have at one point or another. That, and it feels like it's personal between her and Mason. Considering I found her and saved her when Mason was fighting her in the forest. If she's able to stay in control of her emotions, then I think she'll have a strong chance to win." He responded with a nod.

5 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Rose heard a single hoofstep behind her, and suddenly Mason was standing over her back shoulder, looking at her at eye level. "Why don't you tell them the real reason you're being so quiet. They think you have some new coolheaded additude but you're actually trying to hide how afraid you are."

Mason's scare tactics were blatant, but there was something supernatural at play, an ability he had that Quill didn't find in her research. The more she listened to him speak, the more his words crept into her mind and influenced her emotions. 

@Arid_Blitz

"That one sure likes to run his gab," Cumulus commented.

"Believe it or not, there's a strategic reason that he's talking," Dai commented, "It's the same way demons are able to drive a pony to madness by whispering to them in their dreams, a yokai like Mason will have some ability to influence Rose's mind with his words. He's trying to get into her head."

"You're afraid. You're just good at covering it up," Mason said to Rose, "And you're also ashamed. Shadow beast would never show that kind of weakness."

His words crept into her skull and seeded into her mind.

"Luckily for you, your execution's been postponed. Why don't you go and enjoy life for a while? I'd hate to leave you with any sickly regrets."

@Arid_Blitz @DwhitetheGamer @reader8363 @dragon4111

He blinked momentarily as he saw that Mason was not standing with his team, but standing just behind Rose. He narrowed his eyes slightly, but felt a slight chill that made him shiver slightly. 'How in Equestria did he just show up out of nowhere!? Did he teleport, or did he just walk over and he wasn't seen/noticed?' He thought as he heard Mason's talk to his teammate. "Why don't you just mind your own business and leave my friend alone already? We're all scared and have to deal with fear in one way or another. So, what makes you think you know what's going on?" He still felt creeped out by Mason, but he didn't expect a response. It was more along the lines of hoping that Mason wouldn't respond to him. The less conversation with Mason, the better. What he didn't know was that Mason's words to Rose were seeping into her mind. Which was influencing her emotions.

Edited by Dynamo Pad

@Dynamo Pad @Unicorncob @dragon4111
Rose gripped the knife tightly and said as she shook her head, "I'm not acting to be calm, just keeping a leveled head." She placed her other hoof over the other one to stop the slight trembling. She was fine earlier, why now is her hoof shaking in fear, unless Mason is doing something to affect her mind. Then she added as she stood up to face Mason directly, "My dad might be to some the boogeyman, but I've seen him showing emotions. How should I be ashamed?" She couldn't help but feel a little ashamed in herself, but not because of her emotions, by not keeping a leveled head the last time they fought. She heard Dynamo's words and calmed down a bit.

15 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Rose heard a single hoofstep behind her, and suddenly Mason was standing over her back shoulder, looking at her at eye level. "Why don't you tell them the real reason you're being so quiet. They think you have some new coolheaded additude but you're actually trying to hide how afraid you are."

Mason's scare tactics were blatant, but there was something supernatural at play, an ability he had that Quill didn't find in her research. The more she listened to him speak, the more his words crept into her mind and influenced her emotions.

"You're afraid. You're just good at covering it up," Mason said to Rose, "And you're also ashamed. Shadow beast would never show that kind of weakness."

His words crept into her skull and seeded into her mind.

"Luckily for you, your execution's been postponed. Why don't you go and enjoy life for a while? I'd hate to leave you with any sickly regrets."

Jade's brow furrowed as Mason had somehow turned up behind Rose.

Very theatric, this one.

She stood up from the bench and walked up to Mason, glaring at him eye-to-eye. "Nopony is impressed with how 'scary' you are, Mason. Now return to your team."

21 hours ago, reader8363 said:

@Dynamo Pad @Unicorncob @dragon4111
Rose gripped the knife tightly and said as she shook her head, "I'm not acting to be calm, just keeping a leveled head." She placed her other hoof over the other one to stop the slight trembling. She was fine earlier, why now is her hoof shaking in fear, unless Mason is doing something to affect her mind. Then she added as she stood up to face Mason directly, "My dad might be to some the boogeyman, but I've seen him showing emotions. How should I be ashamed?" She couldn't help but feel a little ashamed in herself, but not because of her emotions, by not keeping a leveled head the last time they fought. She heard Dynamo's words and calmed down a bit.

@Unicorncob @dragon4111 @Dynamo Pad

Mason seemed to block out Dynamo, Draco and Jade. He was focused on his mark and he was trying to keep her focused on him exclusively as well. Dynamo Pad's words seemed to ease her mind a bit, but he was still making himself hard to ignore.

When Rose covered her hoof with her metal leg to stop the shaking, Mason raised an eyebrow at the metal appendage and said, "My, that's a fine tool you have, and so soon after the semi finals. Did the hag give it to you?"

He shifted his eyes to look directly at Jade, and the next words he said snaked through her mind. "You'd think she would save something like that for her star pupil, but I guess Jade wasn't strong enough."

• Brohoof 1

49 minutes ago, Literally Snails said:

@Unicorncob @dragon4111 @Dynamo Pad

Mason seemed to block out Dynamo, Draco and Jade. He was focused on his mark and he was trying to keep her focused on him exclusively as well. Dynamo Pad's words seemed to ease her mind a bit, but he was still making himself hard to ignore.

When Rose covered her hoof with her metal leg to stop the shaking, Mason raised an eyebrow at the metal appendage and said, "My, that's a fine tool you have, and so soon after the semi finals. Did the hag give it to you?"

He shifted his eyes to look directly at Jade, and the next words he said snaked through her mind. "You'd think she would save something like that for her star pupil, but I guess Jade wasn't strong enough."

39 minutes ago, dragon4111 said:

@Literally Snails

Draco strolled between the two ponies and the monster flaring his wings out. He looked the beast in the eyes and said "Begone till your match beast," he stated simply as he held no fear.

@reader8363 @Unicorncob

It seemed that the parasitic shadow had no intentions of leaving as he continued to try and proceed with his mind games. At the mention of the old hag, Dynamo raised an eyebrow in confusion. He was confused because he knew that Rose had to get a metal arm after the semi finals with Team Crimos. Upon listening further to Mason's words, Dynamo's eyes widened slightly in realization. He gritted his teeth slightly as he felt bothered to hear such accusations. While it was true that Tricis didn't train him that much. He still felt grateful for the coach of their team to help him in learning to sense magic. "You watch your tongue, Mason. You don't know anything about our team or us. Besides, you showed up to us after our semi final match to give us a warning in your own way. So, don't go twisting your words to make us think otherwise. I believe Jade is strong enough as she's both a capable leader and a good friend. So, just go back to your team and leave us alone." He responded as he still felt fearful, but he knew he wasn't going to just stay there and listen as Mason bad mouthed their team. He learned of Tricis's passing the day before during their team meeting. He felt devastated upon the news, but he wasn't going to let someone desecrate their coach's memories. 

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 2

@Dynamo Pad @dragon4111 @Unicorncob
Rose gave Draco a gentle nudge and said, "It's fine, just trying to make ponies feel what he wants." She looked Mason dead in the eyes and add, "Coach didn't give me this arm, my father did, after I lost my limb. The coach chose Jade, cause she probably saw something in her." She sighed with relief, he didn't know about the knife, so he thinks that it's a normal knife, so I just have to keep his physical body from stopping it in order to win the match.

• Brohoof 2

3 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

"You watch your tongue, Mason. You don't know anything about our team or us. Besides, you showed up to us after our semi final match to give us a warning in your own way. So, don't go twisting your words to make us think otherwise. I believe Jade is strong enough as she's both a capable leader and a good friend. So, just go back to your team and leave us alone." He responded as he still felt fearful, but he knew he wasn't going to just stay there and listen as Mason bad mouthed their team. He learned of Tricis's passing the day before during their team meeting. He felt devastated upon the news, but he wasn't going to let someone desecrate their coach's memories. 

Mason smiled and stepped to the side, he was now standing between Rose and her friends. "Don't make things too easy for me, Dynamo. You wear your emotions on your sleeve. All of your friends here lock their feelings up tight. I wonder what they think of you when they hear you cry yourself to sleep over dear old dad every night."

3 hours ago, dragon4111 said:

@Literally Snails

Draco strolled between the two ponies and the monster flaring his wings out. He looked the beast in the eyes and said "Begone till your match beast," he stated simply as he held no fear.

Mason cocked one eye at Draco when he was addressed and said, "But you've got a juicier one, don't you Draco?  You act so aloof about death, but you've found yourself a sweetheart here, haven't you? And the worst part is that she's about to die and it's all because of you. You have told your team about her, haven't you?"

2 hours ago, reader8363 said:

@Dynamo Pad @dragon4111 @Unicorncob
Rose gave Draco a gentle nudge and said, "It's fine, just trying to make ponies feel what he wants." She looked Mason dead in the eyes and add, "Coach didn't give me this arm, my father did, after I lost my limb. The coach chose Jade, cause she probably saw something in her." She sighed with relief, he didn't know about the knife, so he thinks that it's a normal knife, so I just have to keep his physical body from stopping it in order to win the match.

Mason smiled at Rose. "Alright, that's enough then. I just wanted to ask you a question is all. I'll leave you to the rest of your break."

Mason returned to his side of the ring, but the words he spoke still hung in the minds of team Lotus.

"Alright fans! A few more minutes and the ring will be ready for the next fighters!" Topaz announced to the cheers of the crowd. 

• Brohoof 1

16 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Jade's ears flattened against her head at Mason's comment, trying not to let it get to her. "I already have a sword, and it will be more than enough for your 'friend'."

So why does it bother me?

I can feel it, too. His influence is strong, you need to be stronger.

16 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

"You watch your tongue, Mason. You don't know anything about our team or us. Besides, you showed up to us after our semi final match to give us a warning in your own way. So, don't go twisting your words to make us think otherwise. I believe Jade is strong enough as she's both a capable leader and a good friend. So, just go back to your team and leave us alone."

She looked at Dynamo, giving her teammate a grateful nod for his kind words.

12 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Mason smiled and stepped to the side, he was now standing between Rose and her friends. "Don't make things too easy for me, Dynamo. You wear your emotions on your sleeve. All of your friends here lock their feelings up tight. I wonder what they think of you when they hear you cry yourself to sleep over dear old dad every night."

Mason cocked one eye at Draco when he was addressed and said, "But you've got a juicier one, don't you Draco?  You act so aloof about death, but you've found yourself a sweetheart here, haven't you? And the worst part is that she's about to die and it's all because of you. You have told your team about her, haven't you?"

That was enough. She took a stomp forward, a spittle of fire circling her hoof. "Enough. Leave, now."

12 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Mason smiled at Rose. "Alright, that's enough then. I just wanted to ask you a question is all. I'll leave you to the rest of your break."

Mason returned to his side of the ring, but the words he spoke still hung in the minds of team Lotus.

"Alright fans! A few more minutes and the ring will be ready for the next fighters!" Topaz announced to the cheers of the crowd. 

She shook her head, then looked at Draco. She hadn't learned about this, but it was none of her business. "Just do not let your interests hinder your performance."

• Brohoof 1

Rose sat back down and sighed, talking to Mason was stressful and the fight hasn't even begun. She heard Topaz call out that she'll need to fight in a few minutes. She started to wonder if her father was in the stands and how he and mother felt about her. She decided to get up and stretch her arms out before the fight started.

• Brohoof 1

On 10/15/2019 at 12:00 AM, Literally Snails said:

@Unicorncob @reader8363 @dragon4111

As Mason stepped to the side, Dynamo watched as the Tenebris stood between Rose and the team. The blue unicorn tried his best to ignore what Mason was saying. His eyes widened slightly as he jaw dropped over the mention of his dad. "What do you know?" He narrowed his eyes slightly as he never once mentioned his dad to Mason or anyone else. The only exception was his team when Cosmic and Frozen was talking to them.

The gaming stallion was grateful when Mason finally decided to leave and walk back over to his team. However, he felt a little shaky on such information had been said so nonchalantly. He admitted that he missed his father after all of this time. He cried himself to sleep right after losing him, but he managed to accept his losses and move on after some time because of his friend, Starlight. He looked over to Rokata's team as his skin paled when he looked over at Rail. 'No. There's no way. It jus can't be. Does Rail know something that I, or the others may not? I don't think Cosmic or Frozen ever ran into him or said anything to Rail. Even when we watched the matches yesterday, he didn't say anything about my dad, either.' He shook slightly as he felt as if he was about to hyperventilate.

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 2

@Dynamo Pad@Unicorncob

Draco walked over to Dynamo then dope slapped him upside the head. He then looked at Jade and said "Has my interests caused any drop in my fighting style Jade?" Draco asked with sarcasm to his voice. he shook his head slightly as he looked at Dynamo and said "Don't let him influence you tenebis demons love to fuck with their enemies," Draco stated as he just looked calm.

• Brohoof 1

@Unicorncob @reader8363 @dragon4111

As Dynamo was trying to take deep breaths to stay calm, he winced as he felt Draco smacked the back of his head. "Ow! What was that for!? I'm trying to at least stay uninjured before I got into my fight." He narrowed his eyes, rubbing the back of his head from where he got smacked by his teammate. "If you could have asked me what was wrong instead of hitting me, then I could have at least explained. My mind was racing a mile a minute, but it's not just out of fear. It's not what Mason had said that bothered me, but the way he said it." He sighed, before continuing. "As far as I remember, I never once told any of you about my father. I lost him about a year ago, but the problem is Mason. I never once told him, nor did I tell anyone on Rokata's team. I was with Rail yesterday when he invited me to watch the matches with Rokata and the others. I didn't even tell Rail, so how do they know? Don't you get it? If they know something like that, then what else would they know? They can literally have everything about us and know how to use that information against us in order to claim victory."

Edited by Dynamo Pad

9 minutes ago, dragon4111 said:

@Dynamo Pad

Draco then dope slapped Dynamo again. "do not focus on what the beast says least you not focus on the match," Draco stated. "Unless you want another dope slap?" Draco asked with a grin on his face. "I could do that you know,"

@Unicorncob @DwhitetheGamer @reader8363

Dynamo side stepped out of the way as he noticed Draco tried to smack him again. "No. I'm not in the mood to be smacked again. Unless you want Rokata's team to take advantage of me being injured in the back of the head. Besides, I'd be at least taking what Mason said with some consideration." He responded, directing his attention to the rest of his team, before looking back at Draco, who was sporting a grin. "It seems we aren't the only ones who have information. I thought we had some sort of advantage by knowing what our opponents were capable of. It appears that whole advantage went out the window as it looks like they have information on us. It's probably the reason why Copper was having some trouble in defeating Onyx. It wasn't just because Onyx was strong, but he probably knew his opponent inside and out. Which means we'll have to be extra cautious when going into our fights.

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad

"Or you're letting anxiety get to you," Draco stated simply. "Letting his words burrow into your brain. Causing doubt," Draco said simply as he looked at Dynamo. "When it's just you and your opponent think of nothing else worry about the fact later," he stated simply.

@Dynamo Pad @Literally Snails @dragon4111

As the matches went on Defiant was watching the fight with Copper and Onyx, it ended with Copper losing and Onyx being laid out. He took a swig from a new bottle of booze as he chuckled some If Copper goes to the infirmary he would have to go check up on him...probably rub a bit of salt in his wounds for losing. One hell of a match though so would probably have to go easy on him

As they kept just moving down the seats to the ones closes to the arena Canteen set the cart up again "Huh nice to see we got good seats." leaning back he looked at Dai and Cumunlus grinning some "Well many reasons he runs his mouth, as Dai said. Though it is more then that with him, as he talks he is weaving a web. As that web forms the moment she falls for anything he says....she will have a harder time escaping the web.Or just being a douche." he leaned back screaming towards Mason "HEY ARE YOU DOING THAT TO SPIN A WEB OR JUST BEING A DOUCHE?"

Chuckling some he then saw the interaction between Draco and Dynamo. Puffing his chest out he jumped off the wall. As soon as he touched the ground he was going full speed towards Draco and Dynamo "HEY You stop that...damnit gonna beat respect into you." he said rushing as he was closing in he narrowed his eyes on Draco

Viridi watched Canteen take off towards the others before looking at Defiant "20 bits says he gets tackled by security."
Defiant thinking some nods "20 says he gets to team lotus before Security catches him and drags him off...20 more bits say they muzzle him to."

10 minutes ago, Canteen_the_unstable said:

Chuckling some he then saw the interaction between Draco and Dynamo. Puffing his chest out he jumped off the wall. As soon as he touched the ground he was going full speed towards Draco and Dynamo "HEY You stop that...damnit gonna beat respect into you." he said rushing as he was closing in he narrowed his eyes on Draco

Viridi watched Canteen take off towards the others before looking at Defiant "20 bits says he gets tackled by security."
Defiant thinking some nods "20 says he gets to team lotus before Security catches him and drags him off...20 more bits say they muzzle him to."

"You're forgetting the third possibility," Ray said, standing between Viridi and Defiant. He pointed at where Canteen was running, and he was headed straight for a section of stairs where one of Onyx's concrete projectiles landed. Canteen didn't seem to be looking where he was going, and was poised to suffer a nasty trip in a few moments.

@reader8363 @dragon4111 @Unicorncob @Dynamo Pad

Spoiler

Topaz stepped back into the center of the ring with her mic held high. "I appologize for that delay, but it looks like we're back on track now!" She announced. The ring was now fully repaired, just like it was the day they arrived at the tournament. "Would the next fighters please enter the ring so we can get the second round of the finals started!?"

Mason jumped back into the ring. This time it was for real. He smiled and waited for his opponent.

• Brohoof 1

Rose stood up and turned to face Mason, then she said to Topaz, "Once the fight starts please stay out of the ring." She didn't want to put anything out there with the outcome being unclear. If this goes well for her, she might be able to make a friend and a connection of her own, that her father won't be able to use. She looked up to see that the sky was still cloud, barely letting any sunlight through

3 minutes ago, reader8363 said:

Rose stood up and turned to face Mason, then she said to Topaz, "Once the fight starts please stay out of the ring." She didn't want to put anything out there with the outcome being unclear. If this goes well for her, she might be able to make a friend and a connection of her own, that her father won't be able to use. She looked up to see that the sky was still cloud, barely letting any sunlight through

Topaz huffed and turned up her nose. "Why is everyone on your team trying to tell me how to officiate my matches today?" She muttered.

"So, your father is a bit of a sticking point for you, isn't he?" Mason asked. Surely he didn't actually know very much about Rose's connection to shadow, but the Tenebris was able to conjure up her worst memories of the stallion merely by mentioning him. "You've gotten a lot stronger this week, Rose. You might even be able to kill him some time soon. It's just too bad you'll never get a chance to."

"Alright, combatants, it's Rose of team Lotus versus Mason of Team Rokata! The fight starts now!" Topaz announced.

Mason stood still, shifting his left hind hoof. A shadowy aura flared up around his body.

• Brohoof 1

Rose chuckled at Mason and said as casually walked towards Mason, "You are a sad old relic, thanks for reminding me all the good times, and what fun I had with him. Why would I kill him?" She watched Mason's and Tenebris' movements, while making a shadow copy of her without any magic in it. Tenebris is protecting the body, but a good throw would pierce, but who knows what the body would do. She watched her copy head to the other side and she threw the knife in an arc towards her copy for her to catch.

Edited by reader8363

@Literally Snails

Meanwhile, Copper was in one room in the emergency place, taken in to heal.  Thankfully he didn't have a broken skull, but he did have a broken everything else.  He couldn't move if his life depended on it, so whatever was needed to heal him quickly would be necessary.