Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Everfree Dark Tournament RP

Literally Snails

23 minutes ago, Unicorncob said:

Jade took a deep breath. Her team was still down by one, but Rose managed to give them a chance.

She looked at Copper and nodded.

@Literally Snails @Dynamo Pad @reader8363 @dragon4111

The moment Jade nodded was when Copper finally took action.  He bolted to the arena circle and grabbed Rose, then took her to his team's side and laid her down before conjuring up a small ball of life energy, pushing it down for Rose to absorb it.  It would sting a little, but it would provide healing of all wounds.

• Brohoof 1

23 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Jade's reaction was a departure from the way she acted during the unjust match with team Lockdown, and Shining Armor noticed that she was starting to act a lot more like how Tricis would have. Perhaps she was trying to fill the gap she left, or maybe Tricis really had an influence on her.

@reader8363

It was difficult to hear Topaz's ten-count of the the roaring of the crowd, still shocked by the result of the fight. After several counts, it was clear that she wasn't going to be getting up.

"SEVEN! EIGHT!" She slowly called. "NINE AND.... TEN!"

The crowd roared.

"Rose loses by ten count, Mason loses by death. The second round of the finals is a double loss and there is no update to the scoreboard!" She announced.

@Unicorncob @DwhitetheGamer @reader8363

As Topaz finished the ten count, Dynamo sighed as it was clearly shown that Rose was truly down for the count. He was truly thankful that the fight was a double loss. Not only was Rokata's team still ahead by one point, but it also meant that Rose was able to defeat her opponent. He still didn't know where the Tenebris had gone off to, but at the moment, it didn't really matter to him. "I know we have to win this tournament, but I'd rather have our team make it through this than take a win. I'm just glad Rose was able to get through her fight. I just hope that she'll be okay." He says, worried about his teammate's and friend's well being. 

As Jade had let Copper rush onto the stage to help Rose back to the team, Dynamo looked over to Jade with a look of curiosity. He knew that she was wanted to stop the fight to save Rose, while feeling the same way. However, strength in her resolve and control had seemed familiar to him. He didn't know why, but it was as if he could see a bit of Tricis from within his captain. Upon arriving back to the team, Dynamo made his way over to Copper, who was busy creating a ball of life energy to give Rose to recover. "Just be careful, Copper. You just got back from your fight, so you're still probably injured and/or exhausted. If we have to, then maybe Shining Armor can help. Either that, or we can have someone rush Rose over towards the infirmary." He says, remembering how Copper glowed with green energy from before, while taking that fact into account. He still didn't want to take any chances and rather be safe than sorry. "Talk to me, bro. How is she doing? Is Rose going to be okay?" He says, trying to sense any form of energy and life energy from his teammate.

• Brohoof 1

@Unicorncob @DwhitetheGamer @Dynamo Pad
The small wounds around her body started to heal, but the severe one wasn't healing as well as the others.
Rose looked around the water that was around her, lightning sparked around her in the water. She started to swim through her consciousness.

The first thing Rose felt was a searing pain in her chest, She gritted her teeth in agony and said weakly, "Are you trying to kill me now or what?"

Edited by reader8363
  • Brohoof 1

18 hours ago, dragon4111 said:

Draco walked over to Rose with a sigh. "Tell me Rose do you want to live?" Draco asked simply as he looked at her right in the eyes. "With as many wounds you have on you my talismans can heal you buut," Draco stated as he then looked at Jade right in the eyes. "You saw what sort of pain it can bring,"

Jade met Draco's gaze, and despite remembering how painful the talisman was, her expression didn't change.

"Perhaps she should be brought to the infirmary," she said, "so she can avoid any collatoral injuries."

@Unicorncob @dragon4111 @reader8363

Copper looked at both Draco and Jade and said simply, "No need."  He wrapped himself in the green aura from earlier and put a hoof on Rose.  Rose would be enveloped in the same aura, and a longer healing process would begin.  This time, there wouldn't be any sort of pain from the healing.

• Brohoof 1

@dragon4111 @Unicorncob @DwhitetheGamer @Dynamo Pad
Rose's wounds closed up, but she stopped it right before the scars from the battle healed and said as she unsteadily sat up, "I'm fine, just need some sleep and I'll be good." She looked down at the scars, the three spot that got torn out and the last fight. She mentally went over what was left to heal, her left wing has some cracks and a broken rib was left.

• Brohoof 1

On 11/7/2019 at 1:24 PM, Unicorncob said:

Jade met Draco's gaze, and despite remembering how painful the talisman was, her expression didn't change.

"Perhaps she should be brought to the infirmary," she said, "so she can avoid any collatoral injuries."

"As much as a priority on healing is important, I'm going to have to side with Jade on this one. It's not because of captain's word above all or taking sides, but because it's better to have a medical team take a better look. It's better to be safe than sorry, just in case any healing we try to do will cause any more pain and/or discomfort." Dynamo responded, trying to put his two cents into the conversation.

17 hours ago, reader8363 said:

@dragon4111 @Unicorncob @DwhitetheGamer @Dynamo Pad
Rose's wounds closed up, but she stopped it right before the scars from the battle healed and said as she unsteadily sat up, "I'm fine, just need some sleep and I'll be good." She looked down at the scars, the three spot that got torn out and the last fight. She mentally went over what was left to heal, her left wing has some cracks and a broken rib was left.

@DwhitetheGamer

As Copper was enveloped in the green aura once more, Dynamo watched as his friend tried to heal Rose once again. This time, it didn't seem as if the healing aura was causing any sort of damage or pain. As the wounds had been closed up, Dynamo sighed happily as Rose was starting to wake up. "Rose, you're alright!" He blinked in surprise as Rose denied any other healing from Copper. "I don't blame you as that battle must have taken a lot out of you. I'd still suggest going to the infirmary, but still. I'm glad to know that you're doing okay, my friend." He smiled softly, glancing slightly over to Rokata's team, who still had three team members that were still ready to fight.

• Brohoof 1

On 11/11/2019 at 8:05 PM, reader8363 said:

Relief washed over Jade to see Rose regain consciousness. She helped the mare onto her hooves.

"You should go and rest in the infirmary," she said, spotting her broken wing.

@Unicorncob @Dynamo Pad @reader8363

Shining Armor and Quill move to the side of Rose when she's brought off the stage. Quill used some kind of healing magic to showd her wounds with blue lights that slowed down the bleeding, but it wasn't clear yet if her condition would stabalize.

"Team Lotus is pathetic!" one of the audience members shouted.

"Two matches and they haven't had a single win!"

"Start the next fight, Topaz!"

Selene leaned over to Rokata during the comotion. "What will you do if Nin and I win?" She asked.

"What are you talking about?" Rokata asked with clear impatience in his voice.

Selene eyed Jade from across the ring with her visible eye while talking to Rokata. "Jade's team has no wins and we have one. If this continues, we will have three wins before you have a chance to fight and you will be denied your chance to fight Jade one on one. I want to know what you will do if that happens."

"If her team can't bring her to me, she was never worth fighting," Rokata answered.

@dragon4111

Topaz's ears twitched as she tried to pick up what the crowd was crying all around her. Neither team had produced a fighter for the third round yet.

"I'll see if that's true," Selene said, she looked like she was planning to step up, but Nin walked past her and approached the ring.

"My opponent is eager to fight. Yours can wait." Nin explained. He gracefully lept onto the raised ring and approached Topaz.

• Brohoof 1

@Unicorncob @Dynamo Pad @DwhitetheGamer
Rose winced, but not because of the injuries, but because of the audience. She knew not to listen to them, but she knew that they were right, she was pathetic. She shakily started to get to her hooves and said with her head down, "I'll head there now, and sorry that I couldn't win." It felt like doubt of her magic and heritage was beginning to grow. She lost to Mason twice in a row and got a relic destroyed in the process.

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

@Unicorncob @Dynamo Pad @reader8363

Shining Armor and Quill move to the side of Rose when she's brought off the stage. Quill used some kind of healing magic to showd her wounds with blue lights that slowed down the bleeding, but it wasn't clear yet if her condition would stabalize.

Selene leaned over to Rokata during the comotion. "What will you do if Nin and I win?" She asked.

Selene eyed Jade from across the ring with her visible eye while talking to Rokata. "Jade's team has no wins and we have one. If this continues, we will have three wins before you have a chance to fight and you will be denied your chance to fight Jade one on one. I want to know what you will do if that happens."

"If her team can't bring her to me, she was never worth fighting," Rokata answered.

@dragon4111

Topaz's ears twitched as she tried to pick up what the crowd was crying all around her. Neither team had produced a fighter for the third round yet.

"I'll see if that's true," Selene said, she looked like she was planning to step up, but Nin walked past her and approached the ring.

"My opponent is eager to fight. Yours can wait." Nin explained. He gracefully lept onto the raised ring and approached Topaz.

As Shining Armor and Quill made their way over to Rose’s side. Dynamo sighed and shook his head, while trying to ignore the jeers of the crowd. “They just don’t understand how powerful Rokata’s team really is. We're just lucky enough to still have our team members with us.” He says, speaking his thoughts out loud. 

As the next round was set to begin, Nin had gracefully leaped onto the ring. Dynamo watched as Draco started making his way towards Nin to start the next match. “Just be careful out there, Draco. Nin is the one who used the blood rituals for his team to gain their yokai power. Who knows what other abilities this guy might have.” He says, remembering the discussion their team had yesterday. While he wasn’t too fond of Draco, the blue unicorn knew that Draco was a teammate. That, and the fact remained that they still had a tournament to win. They were t out just yet, but they had a lot of catching up to do.

4 hours ago, reader8363 said:

Rose winced, but not because of the injuries, but because of the audience. She knew not to listen to them, but she knew that they were right, she was pathetic. She shakily started to get to her hooves and said with her head down, "I'll head there now, and sorry that I couldn't win." It felt like doubt of her magic and heritage was beginning to grow. She lost to Mason twice in a row and got a relic destroyed in the process.

@Unicorncob @DwhitetheGamer @Canteen_the_unstable @dragon4111

As Rose got to her hooves, Dynamo turned to see that she was starting to walk away. He thought he could hear the disappointment in her voice, before he called out to his teammate. “Hey. Don’t say that, Rose. I mean, sure. We didn’t win, but we didn’t lose either. We’re just glad to still have you here with us. After all that’s happened, I just don’t want us to lose anyone that’s important to us. Also, there’s no need to be sorry. I thought you were awesome out there. Mason was strong, but you were able to hold your own and you defeated him. If anything, I still say you won in my book. You’re my friend Rose, no matter what.” Dynamo responded with a soft, yet kind smile. He didn’t say those words to be sympathetic. He wanted Rose to know that he and the others were there for her. 

• Brohoof 2

10 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Jade cocked an eyebrow at the audience, unimpressed with their apathy. She was certain she was no longer in Equestria; she had travelled to every corner of her native land, and nowhere would breed such bloodthirsty animals.

She caught Selene eyeing her across the arena. She returned the glare without hesitation.

9 hours ago, dragon4111 said:

Draco began to walk upon the stage. "Hmm they are calling for blood I see," he stated with a chuckle. "Then allow me to propose a type of match that'll end with either of us dead and the other crippled," Draco stated with a grin on his face. He looked Nin in the eyes.

She broke the gaze to look at Draco. "I'd prefer to avoid another death," she admitted, "but if that is what it takes, then by all means, enjoy yourself."

6 hours ago, reader8363 said:

"Do not apologise," she said to Rose, gently. "They may not consider it a victory, but you defeated one of their team. That is proof that they are not invincible. You've shown the cracks in their armour, and now we can exploit it."

She looked back over to Rokata's side. "I can feel the doubt encroaching upon them."

1 hour ago, Dynamo Pad said:

As Shining Armor and Quill made their way over to Rose’s side. Dynamo sighed and shook his head, while trying to ignore the jeers of the crowd. “They just don’t understand how powerful Rokata’s team really is. We're just lucky enough to still have our team members with us.” He says, speaking his thoughts out loud.

"Do not concern yourself with the opinions of savages," she spat.

@Literally Snails@Dynamo Pad@Unicorncob@DwhitetheGamer

Draco looked at Jade and said "Not talking to you Jade," he stated simply as he got into the ring. He looked at Nin and asked "So what did you sacrifice for your deal with your demon?" Draco asked as he walked around the ring. His gauntlets leaking something onto the stage."I wonder what these ponies know about blood? How much my friends in the guild sacrificed every inch of supply lines that we gained to gain support of the zebras? and others? I don't think so. I do apologize for my long winded rant,"

Spoiler

Edited by dragon4111
  • Brohoof 1

On 11/17/2019 at 12:37 AM, reader8363 said:

"You might want to stay here," Quill said, "We can help you just as much as any of the doctors you'll find here. You've already seen how ill equipped they are."

On 11/19/2019 at 1:05 AM, dragon4111 said:

He looked at Nin and asked "So what did you sacrifice for your deal with your demon?" Draco asked as he walked around the ring. His gauntlets leaking something onto the stage."I wonder what these ponies know about blood? How much my friends in the guild sacrificed every inch of supply lines that we gained to gain support of the zebras? and others? I don't think so. I do apologize for my long winded rant,"

Spoiler

@Unicorncob @Dynamo Pad

Shining Armor spoke to Jade when the two fighters walked up on stage. "I don't like this matchup. Draco doesn't seem like the type to put in a lot of planning before a fight. Nin probably is. Are you worried that Draco will play into his hooves? If those last two fighters prefered the fast ball, this pony definitely prefers the curve."

"I didn't have to sacrifice a thing," Nin replied, his brow furrowed.

@Canteen_the_unstable

Dai tensed in her seat. Come on, just go for him as soon as the bell rings!

"Fighters, take your stances please!" Topaz announced.

Nin paused after the announcement. He waited to see what Draco would do first before readying his own weapon.

Spoiler

The bloodmage raised his right leg and held his hoof out to the side. The leather contraption he wore released a curved blade that unfolded along its length, but the cutting edge of the blade was curved inward.

"That's a... horribly inefficient design," Quill said, pushing her glasses up.

"Yeah, if we're going by equipment, Draco definitely has the upper hoof." Shining Armor added, his voice sounded shocked that such a serious contender was using a blade like that.

• Brohoof 2

@Literally Snails

Once Draco was done coating the edges of the ring He then walked over to Topaz and then proceeded to toss her out of the ring. Draco walked back to the edge of the ring as he then stomped quickly creating sparks which the edge of the ring erupted into black flames. the air around and inside the ring grew tremendously hot. He made sure Topaz was outside the ring far enough away. It was getting hard to breath inside the ring.

13 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Shining Armor spoke to Jade when the two fighters walked up on stage. "I don't like this matchup. Draco doesn't seem like the type to put in a lot of planning before a fight. Nin probably is. Are you worried that Draco will play into his hooves? If those last two fighters prefered the fast ball, this pony definitely prefers the curve."

The side of Jade's mouth curled. "I feel like Draco has some kind of strategy in mind. That or he plans to make it up as he goes along."

She watched as Draco powered up. "Either way, he certainly has the means to win. I can only assume he knows how to use those means; Celestia knows he has a difficult time listening to anycreature whose name is not Draco."

• Brohoof 1

On 11/17/2019 at 8:06 AM, Unicorncob said:

"Do not concern yourself with the opinions of savages," she spat.

Dynamo turned his attention to Jade as she had responded to his train of thought. "Oh, I know." He sighed softly, before looking at the crowd among them. "I guess the term savages is a fitting name for all of this crowd. Especially what would happen if Rokata's team wins. Remember what I was mentioning what Rail had told me last night? If they win, then he'd make most, if not, then everyone in Equestria gain the power of a yokai. Effectively sending everyone into a frenzy and destroying order and stability in the world. The way this crowd acts, then I can only imagine what could happen." He shook his head as he didn't want to think of the possibility. He turned back to Jade, before setting his sights on the fight in front of them. "Although, I know that isn't going to happen. We're not out yet and we still have a chance. We just need to be careful, but we also need to gain the upper hoof in these fights."

15 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

"You might want to stay here," Quill said, "We can help you just as much as any of the doctors you'll find here. You've already seen how ill equipped they are."

Reveal hidden contents

@Unicorncob @Dynamo Pad

"I didn't have to sacrifice a thing," Nin replied, his brow furrowed.

@Canteen_the_unstable

Dai tensed in her seat. Come on, just go for him as soon as the bell rings!

"Fighters, take your stances please!" Topaz announced.

Nin paused after the announcement. He waited to see what Draco would do first before readying his own weapon.

Spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

The bloodmage raised his right leg and held his hoof out to the side. The leather contraption he wore released a curved blade that unfolded along its length, but the cutting edge of the blade was curved inward.

"That's a... horribly inefficient design," Quill said, pushing her glasses up.

"Yeah, if we're going by equipment, Draco definitely has the upper hoof." Shining Armor added, his voice sounded shocked that such a serious contender was using a blade like that.

1 hour ago, Unicorncob said:

The side of Jade's mouth curled. "I feel like Draco has some kind of strategy in mind. That or he plans to make it up as he goes along."

She watched as Draco powered up. "Either way, he certainly has the means to win. I can only assume he knows how to use those means; Celestia knows he has a difficult time listening to anycreature whose name is not Draco."

@reader8363 @DwhitetheGamer @Canteen_the_unstable @dragon4111

"I'm not sure, to be honest." Dynamo responded, shaking his head as he took Jade's opinion into consideration. "In the fights that I've seen, Draco seems to have a strategy on hoof. He's not a fan of taking advice from others, while having to make a plan as time goes by. So, I guess it all depends on what his opponent has in store for him." He watched as Nin drew his weapon. He couldn't make heads or tails of the weapon as the cutting edge of the blade was curved inwards. After listening to Shining Armor and Quill, while thinking about the weapon in question. The blue unicorn soon gasped and shook his head as an idea came to mind. "No. It's not a horribly inefficient design. In fact, it fits Nin. From the weapon, it seems like he's a close quarters fighter. He might be quick on his hooves, so he can get some quick hits with his weapon. However, that's not the main point. He could use the flat, dull side of the blade as a sort of false sense of security. It wouldn't hurt the opponent, but it would deal a bit of damage. I've seen an anime once that had a fighter have a regular blade, but he attacked with the flat side so he wouldn't hurt his opponents." He would say, before continuing.

"The point I'm trying to make is that Nin might make Draco fight in close quarters. Meaning that Nin could just adjust the weapon for the cutting edge to swipe and get a clean hit. Either that, or if Draco is caught off guard, then Nin can draw the cutting edge towards Draco. If he were to use any rituals or abilities, then he could either use Draco's blood or his own. I can only say that this is just a theory, but there's always more than one way to effectively use a weapon to it's full potential."

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 2

On 11/21/2019 at 1:23 PM, Dynamo Pad said:

"The point I'm trying to make is that Nin might make Draco fight in close quarters. Meaning that Nin could just adjust the weapon for the cutting edge to swipe and get a clean hit. Either that, or if Draco is caught off guard, then Nin can draw the cutting edge towards Draco. If he were to use any rituals or abilities, then he could either use Draco's blood or his own. I can only say that this is just a theory, but there's always more than one way to effectively use a weapon to it's full potential."

"Except that weapon is curved inward. He can't slash or stab with it," Shining Armor explained, and it sounded like he was speaking from some expertice in weaponry. "With a weapon like that, the best he can do is chop with his whole leg, and he wouldn't be able to do that effectively at the close range a weapon like that would need."

On 11/20/2019 at 11:56 PM, dragon4111 said:

@Literally Snails

Once Draco was done coating the edges of the ring He then walked over to Topaz and then proceeded to toss her out of the ring. Draco walked back to the edge of the ring as he then stomped quickly creating sparks which the edge of the ring erupted into black flames. the air around and inside the ring grew tremendously hot. He made sure Topaz was outside the ring far enough away. It was getting hard to breath inside the ring.

Topaz nearly landed on her shoulder but sprung off her hoof before she hit the grass and rolled onto all fours. "You jerk!" She shouted in a tone that sounded like she was about to disqualify him.

"A bad ruling from the ref is the last thing we need right now," Quill said to Jade.

Topaz stormed her way back onto the ring and bared her teeth at Draco. "I already told you I can handle my own ring, so you can can it with the chauvinist routine! I'm sure whatever you're about to do is very scarey, but you aren't going to force me out of my ring, are we clear?"

"Are we quite done?" Nin asked.

Topaz turned to him and yelled, "You can can it too! Both of you can just shut up and follow my instructions!"

Edited by Literally Snails
  • Brohoof 1

@Literally Snails @dragon4111 

Copper had to sigh when this all happened.  Overall this was going to be a bad day for him, but he decided to say something that, since he was gonna yell it out, he knew the crowd would get behind his words.  "CAN WE GET ON WITH THE FIGHT ALREADY?!  THE CROWD WANTS BLOOD RIGHT NOW!"

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Topaz nearly landed on her shoulder but sprung off her hoof before she hit the grass and rolled onto all fours. "You jerk!" She shouted in a tone that sounded like she was about to disqualify him.

"A bad ruling from the ref is the last thing we need right now," Quill said to Jade.

Topaz stormed her way back onto the ring and bared her teeth at Draco. "I already told you I can handle my own ring, so you can can it with the chauvinist routine! I'm sure whatever you're about to do is very scarey, but you aren't going to force me out of my ring, are we clear?"

"Are we quite done?" Nin asked.

Topaz turned to him and yelled, "You can can it too! Both of you can just shut up and follow my instructions!"

The corner of Jade's mouth quivered with irritation. "Indeed."

1 hour ago, DwhitetheGamer said:

Copper had to sigh when this all happened.  Overall this was going to be a bad day for him, but he decided to say something that, since he was gonna yell it out, he knew the crowd would get behind his words.  "CAN WE GET ON WITH THE FIGHT ALREADY?!  THE CROWD WANTS BLOOD RIGHT NOW!"

Enough.

Jade stood up and slammed a hoof on the ground, flames swirling around it and sending a tremor strong enough to be felt across the arena and the stands.

"If you could all stop trying to compete for 'World's Biggest Tough Guy' for a moment," she called out to everycreature in attendance, "the official is trying to begin this match. Be silent, and show her respect."

Edited by Unicorncob
  • Brohoof 1

@Literally Snails

"Okay I did warn you," Draco stated after he finished up what he was doing. He got into his stance. He shook his head at the stubborn woman. Well if she wanted to burn with them well so be it. He would either be dead or crippled by the end of this fight.

Edited by dragon4111
  • Brohoof 2

23 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

"Except that weapon is curved inward. He can't slash or stab with it," Shining Armor explained, and it sounded like he was speaking from some expertice in weaponry. "With a weapon like that, the best he can do is chop with his whole leg, and he wouldn't be able to do that effectively at the close range a weapon like that would need."

"I guess that makes sense, but I feel that it's more to it than just that. Otherwise, he wouldn't be using the curved weapon in the first place. I would want to guess that maybe the blade can be formed to however Nin wants, but I don't think it would be possible." Dynamo responded, while looking back at Draco and Nin, who were both facing each other in the ring.

18 hours ago, DwhitetheGamer said:

@Literally Snails @dragon4111 

16 hours ago, Unicorncob said:

The corner of Jade's mouth quivered with irritation. "Indeed."

Enough.

Jade stood up and slammed a hoof on the ground, flames swirling around it and sending a tremor strong enough to be felt across the arena and the stands.

"If you could all stop trying to compete for 'World's Biggest Tough Guy' for a moment," she called out to everycreature in attendance, "the official is trying to begin this match. Be silent, and show her respect."

@reader8363 @dragon4111

Dynamo's ears fell as he heard Copper yelling at Topaz to start the fight. It seemed he wasn't trying to gain the crowd's favor, but it was more along the lines of having the crowd agree with the blue earth pony. He was about to respond, but stopped as Jade had slammed a hoof to the ground. At the same time, he saw flames had swirled around the hoof to bring about a strong tremor. He took a deep breath and sighed. Knowing full well not to get involved. While he did want the fight to finally begin, he also knew that Topaz had to be treated with respect. He didn't know how long this tournament had been going on for, but he had to imagine that Topaz was an announcer for a number of years. She probably saw hundreds of fights before, but was able to take care of herself, no matter what.

• Brohoof 1