Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Everfree Dark Tournament RP

Literally Snails

3 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

As Copper's voice rang throughout the stadium, Dynamo's ears twitched slightly as he thought he heard a voice calling out to him. His eyes slowly moved towards the source of the voice to see Copper, who was on the verge of what looked to be a nervous breakdown. "C-Copper...?" He thought he had heard other voices, but they had been drowned out as they weren't coherent.

It was like some spiritual connection between the two ponies, as they had been best friends for years since Karate.  Fate had some words and allowed Copper to help his brother from another mother.

3 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

Within a split second, life had been restored into Dynamo's eyes. Prompting him to sense an incoming attack from his opponent. The blue unicorn rolled out of the way at the last second, before flying from the initial impact of the blast. After a bit of rolling, he managed to slowly get back onto his hooves. Trying to process what he had just gone through. 'W-What just happened?' He was still visibly shaken, while feeling confused on where the others were that had appeared within the ring.

"Get up."

Copper's voice was close to Dynamo, in fact, he was right next to the unicorn spiritually.  "I'm not letting my best friend die in a place like this.  I'm helping you out.  I'm not fighting her, but I'll be guiding you to victory.  I know you can do this, bro.  You supported me when I thought I couldn't win against Onyx, and I'm returning the favor."

• Brohoof 1

20 hours ago, DwhitetheGamer said:

It was like some spiritual connection between the two ponies, as they had been best friends for years since Karate.  Fate had some words and allowed Copper to help his brother from another mother.

"Get up."

Copper's voice was close to Dynamo, in fact, he was right next to the unicorn spiritually.  "I'm not letting my best friend die in a place like this.  I'm helping you out.  I'm not fighting her, but I'll be guiding you to victory.  I know you can do this, bro.  You supported me when I thought I couldn't win against Onyx, and I'm returning the favor."

His eyes slowly glossed over towards Copper, who seemed to have been standing perfectly still like a statue. However, a spiritual reflection was standing next to the gaming stallion. No words had been said, but it seemed as if he was conversing with his friend. 'C-Copper? W-What's happening?' As he listened to his friend talk, Dynamo could only close his eyes and shake his head. 'I appreciate the help, but I don't know if I can win. I know I helped you, but I don't know what can be done. I lost Starlight. I struck with my own two hooves. I-I'm a monster. I'm not strong enough to stop Selene. She's just too much for me to fight against her.' He felt as if his spirt was broken. Feeling ashamed to admit something to himself that he was afraid to bring up.

Edited by Dynamo Pad

Just now, Dynamo Pad said:

His eyes slowly glossed over towards Copper, who seemed to have been standing perfectly still like a statue. However, a spiritual reflection was standing next to the gaming stallion. No words had been said, but it seemed as if he was conversing with his friend. 'C-Copper? W-What's happening?' As he listened to his friend talk, Dynamo could only close his eyes and shake his head. 'I appreciate the help, but I don't know if I can win. I know I helped you, but I don't know what can be done. I lost Starlight. I struck with my own two hooves. I-I'm a monster. I'm just too weak. She's just too much for me to fight against her.' He felt as if his spirt was broken. Feeling ashamed to admit something to himself that he was afraid to bring up.

"Do you really believe that?  That was the most basic evil illusion out of all illusions I've ever known.  I don't like saying this, but you're far too gullible.  That's why Selene picked you to fight her in the finals.  She knew you would be the easiest to break with her illusion magic.  You have to stop doubting yourself, bro.  We both had doubts on achieving our black belts in Sensei's class, but we did it with flying colors.  You can beat Selene.  I know you can."

• Brohoof 1

30 minutes ago, DwhitetheGamer said:

"Do you really believe that?  That was the most basic evil illusion out of all illusions I've ever known.  I don't like saying this, but you're far too gullible.  That's why Selene picked you to fight her in the finals.  She knew you would be the easiest to break with her illusion magic.  You have to stop doubting yourself, bro.  We both had doubts on achieving our black belts in Sensei's class, but we did it with flying colors.  You can beat Selene.  I know you can."

Dynamo scoffed and gave a pitiful laugh. 'Would you believe me if I said yes? It's not as simple as one would imagine.' It stung as he heard Copper calling him gullible, but was it wrong to feel the way he felt? 'It's not that I'm doubting myself, Copper. The problem is that I don't get what I can do at this point. I mean, let's face. I've tried so many different ideas and I only scored two lucky hits. Everything else I planned it out and it was fool proof. Even then, she was able to counteract me like it was nothing. I don't get what I'm doing wrong.' He gritted his teeth in frustration. 'I'm sorry. My problem is that I just feel like I'm good enough, bro. I lost my dad. I lost a teammate because of my foolishness of being a leader. We lost our coach and if that really was an illusion, then I could have lost Starlight. If Selene is able to do this sort of ability, then who's to say she couldn't make these illusions into reality? Here's a better thought. Who's to say she couldn't have just done that to you and the others from turning illusion to reality?' He shrugged his shoulders as he felt he had brought up a good point.

He recalled the memory of their days in their Sensei's class, before sighing. 'I know and it's not that I don't doubt you. I guess...I just don't feel like I'm strong or good enough. I mean, looks at you. Look at Jade and the others. All of you had so much training over the years that you have experience. Me? I had to get this training when I was younger in order to defend myself. I never had much issues with bullies because I had video games as my answer to stop bullying. I had to get a crash course in spells that acted like video games. I don't even know if that's a new magic or not, but it was all I had. I even have a ridiculous spell that doesn't even work well. Tell me. How can I be as strong as you, as smart and cunning like Rose or Draco, or to be a great and powerful leader like Jade? What good am I even on this team to begin with? Let's face it. It's like what Cosmic and the others were saying all those years. I'm nothing but a failure.'

Edited by Dynamo Pad

2 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

He recalled the memory of their days in their Sensei's class, before sighing. 'I know and it's not that I don't doubt you. I guess...I just don't feel like I'm strong or good enough. I mean, looks at you. Look at Jade and the others. All of you had so much training over the years that you have experience. Me? I had to get this training when I was younger in order to defend myself. I never had much issues with bullies because I had video games as my answer to stop bullying. I had to get a crash course in spells that acted like video games. I don't even know if that's a new magic or not, but it was all I had. I even have a ridiculous spell that doesn't even work well. Tell me. How can I be as strong as you, as smart and cunning like Rose or Draco, or to be a great and powerful leader like Jade? What good am I even on this team to begin with. Let's face it. It's like what Cosmic and the others were saying all those years. I'm nothing but a failure.'

"Here's some knowledge I've learned from History class in high school.  'The thing that we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down.'  There is absolutely no reason for you to stay down when everything is on the line.  You may not see it, but the team is depending on YOU to stay alive.  And besides, Starlight isn't even in this arena, let alone the stadium last time I checked, so she's perfectly okay.  We didn't lose Frost because of you, either.

"You're not a failure, Dynamo.  You have a purpose in this world, and that is to WIN.  So I suggest you get the hell back up, and prove to me that you're a competitor.  You remember those videos we watched of professional gamers doing all this crazy crap, right?  And you're a gamer too, right?  So you had better get up, and show that you're the absolute best gamer in the entire world!"

The last sentence was in a yell that would hopefully bring Dynamo back to his senses.

• Brohoof 1

19 hours ago, DwhitetheGamer said:

"Here's some knowledge I've learned from History class in high school.  'The thing that we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down.'  There is absolutely no reason for you to stay down when everything is on the line.  You may not see it, but the team is depending on YOU to stay alive.  And besides, Starlight isn't even in this arena, let alone the stadium last time I checked, so she's perfectly okay.  We didn't lose Frost because of you, either.

"You're not a failure, Dynamo.  You have a purpose in this world, and that is to WIN.  So I suggest you get the hell back up, and prove to me that you're a competitor.  You remember those videos we watched of professional gamers doing all this crazy crap, right?  And you're a gamer too, right?  So you had better get up, and show that you're the absolute best gamer in the entire world!"

The last sentence was in a yell that would hopefully bring Dynamo back to his senses.

Spoiler

@Unicorncob @Canteen_the_unstable @reader8363 @dragon4111

As he continued to listen to Copper's speech, it was as if something had clicked in Dynamo's mind. He knew that if he stayed down, then it would most likely be the end of him, his team, his friends and all of Equestria. At the mention of Starlight being okay, Dynamo gasped as the life in his eyes were returning. 'S-So, she's okay? All of that...was just an illusion?' That one thought had caused something to snap within the blue unicorn's mind. Almost as if a sort of anger was building up in his soul. 'I know that it wasn't my fault, but I always have that sort of doubt. He went on his own accord and I couldn't stop him, but I wanted all of us to go home together. You guys...you're more than just my team. You're my friends and my family. I can't just lose you guys like this now. I won't let Selene do this.' A sudden spark had ignited, Dynamo hadn't realized it just yet.

With a small nod, Dynamo recalled all of the times he and Copper saw other gaming competitors battle. 'I'll never forget that. It's how I learned to incorporate my own style to play games. Even watching movies and reading books had taught us to better ourselves. It's just like the one quote in that movie. It's not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done. Just like you when you kept going when you were at the limit when fighting Onyx. For me, it was through reading that I learned. That's it's all about having resolve and courage. Even in the face of fear. When you dodge, resolve to not get hit. When you protect someone, then resolve to not lose them. When you attack, then resolve to take the opponent down. To have determination to battle without fear.' He took a deep breath and sighed as he knew what needed to be done.

'I'm still scared as I don't want to lose, but I don't want to be eliminated. However, I have to fight with and without fear. It helps me to have a better understanding at decision making but I can't let fear stop me. It'll always be there and if I let it stop me, then it'll stop me from being myself.' He looked at the spiritual presence, before giving Copper a thankful look. 'Thank you for the talk. I think I really needed this. I don't need guidance anymore. I just need support from you and the others. I love you bro and thanks for everything. I'm not giving up anymore. I'm coming home and I'm returning to my team. You're about to witness the future video game champion in all of Equestria.' He looked down towards the ground at his front hooves. His doubt of mind clearing as his inner strength was finally starting to awaken. 'That's it, then. No more. No more being weak. No more.' An image of Frostflame soon appeared in his mind. 'No more.' The image soon changed from his teammate to his coach, Tricis. 'No more.' The image changed once again from his coach to his father, Quick Fix. 'No more.' The final image soon changed from his father to his friend, Starlight Glimmer. At the same time, the image soon revealed itself as Starlight, Copper, Jade, Rose, Draco, Ray, Canteen and the rest of Team Crimos were standing together. He knew what he had to fight for and he wasn't about to just quit anymore. 'No more!'

After a moment of pulling himself back together, Dynamo soon found himself in a sitting position in the ring. Life had been restored in his eyes as he suddenly felt a surge of power being directed at him. Sensing danger, Dynamo levitated the Minato blade back into his hoof. "Defense and reflect!" He uttered as he quickly called upon a barrier to both defend and attack. As the barrier would absorb most of the damage, before shattering and sending the glass shards back towards his opponent.

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

23 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

'I'm still scared as I don't want to lose, but I don't want to be eliminated. However, I have to fight with and without fear. It helps me to have a better understanding at decision making but I can't let fear stop me. It'll always be there and if I let it stop me, then it'll stop me from being myself.' He looked at the spiritual presence, before giving Copper a thankful look. Thank you for the talk. I think I really needed this. I don't need guidance anymore. I just need support from you and the others. I love you bro and thanks for everything. I'm not giving up anymore. I'm coming home and I'm returning to my team. You're about to witness the future video game champion in all of Equestria.' He looked down towards the ground at his front hooves. His doubt of mind clearing as his inner strength was finally starting to awaken. 'That's it, then. No more. No more being weak. No more.' An image of Frostflame soon appeared in his mind. 'No more.'

All of Selene's eyes trained on Dynamo, the pupils slowly dilating and shrinking at random. He feels completely different now. It's like I'm fighting a different pony.

@Canteen_the_unstable

Cumulus shivered slightly and ruffled his feathers. "It's like he's making his own climate now. I can feel all the sadness and moxy on his inner-sides like it was too much for him to keep to himself."

After a moment of pulling himself back together, Dynamo soon found himself in a sitting position in the ring. Life had been restored in his eyes as he suddenly felt a surge of power being directed at him. Sensing danger, Dynamo levitated the Minato blade back into his hoof. "Defense and reflect!" He uttered as he quickly called upon a barrier to both defend and attack. As the barrier would absorb most of the damage, before shattering and sending the glass shards back towards his opponent.

The flash of light was too bright to look at directly. Selene put her hooves up, crossing them in front of her face to defend her vitals from the shrapnel coming back at her. A split second later, she was on her knees, bleeding from her front legs, before standing up and making her aura flare up again to show she was still up to the challenge.

Now the debate can begin.

@reader8363 @dragon4111 @Unicorncob

"Alright Dynamo!" Shining Armor cheered. "I'm not a psychic and even I can feel he's gotten an upgrade! Looks like Selene's mind tricks have backfired!"

"Or she's getting exactly what she wanted," said Quill.

"How about now, Rail? Are you still bored?" Rokata asked, but Rail stayed silent, a smile creeping up his lips.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Literally Snails said:

All of Selene's eyes trained on Dynamo, the pupils slowly dilating and shrinking at random. He feels completely different now. It's like I'm fighting a different pony.

@Canteen_the_unstable

Cumulus shivered slightly and ruffled his feathers. "It's like he's making his own climate now. I can feel all the sadness and moxy on his inner-sides like it was too much for him to keep to himself."

The flash of light was too bright to look at directly. Selene put her hooves up, crossing them in front of her face to defend her vitals from the shrapnel coming back at her. A split second later, she was on her knees, bleeding from her front legs, before standing up and making her aura flare up again to show she was still up to the challenge.

Now the debate can begin.

@reader8363 @dragon4111 @Unicorncob

"Alright Dynamo!" Shining Armor cheered. "I'm not a psychic and even I can feel he's gotten an upgrade! Looks like Selene's mind tricks have backfired!"

"Or she's getting exactly what she wanted," said Quill.

"How about now, Rail? Are you still bored?" Rokata asked, but Rail stayed silent, a smile creeping up his lips.

@DwhitetheGamer @Canteen_the_unstable @Unicorncob @reader8363 @dragon4111

As Selene had been brought to her knees from the reflect magic, Dynamo had taken note of the bright flash of light. He made sure to keep that in the back of his mind for a later moment in time. "So, you wanted to see my true conviction and resolve, huh?" His voice was deafening quiet. As if with each word he spoke was laced with venom. After deactivating the Quest controller, the Minato blade had suddenly disappeared. He used his levitation spell to lift the small gem that Canteen had given him before the match. "Well then. Let's find out then, shall we?" He placed the gem in his mouth and swallowed the gem whole. Remembering the effects of the gem were more potent instead of chewing the gem itself. His eyes widened slightly as the effects were instant without warning. It was a slow process, but the gem was restoring his magic to it's full strength. Since Selene was barely running on power, he knew he had to match her at this point. 

As the gem was restoring his magic, he remembered all of the illusions that she had put him through. "How dare you. Y-You're a monster. You'll pay for that." He gritted his teeth, his mane covering his eyes as he shook slightly in anger. Each sharp intake of breath he took had caused his body to shudder slightly in fury. "You'll...PAY FOR THAT!" His shout echoed throughout the entire ring, as well as the crowd in the stadium. An orange magic aura had exploded upon him as he was enveloped in that very same aura. He could sense the flare from Selene's magic, but he didn't feel as scared as he was normally. Whether he was acting tough, or he finally saw through the fear? He honestly didn't know. To be honest, it was actually starting to scare him. However, he knew what he had to do and he wasn't about to back down, or give up. 

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

@DwhitetheGamer 
Rose was about to leave for a drink, when Dynamo snapped out of it at the last second. She couldn't find any way that he should've made it out, he was too far gone in the illusion. She glared at Copper with uncertainty and curiosity of what happened.  She stood up on her hind legs, the jacket draped itself on her shoulders and the scars on her chest had stretched out. She continued to watch the fight, but kept an eye on Copper, something was up and she didn't like the unknown from her team.

19 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

As Selene had been brought to her knees from the reflect magic, Dynamo had taken note of the bright flash of light. He made sure to keep that in the back of his mind for a later moment in time. "So, you wanted to see my true conviction and resolve, huh?" His voice was deafening quiet. As if with each word he spoke was laced with venom. After deactivating the Quest controller, the Minato blade had suddenly disappeared. He used his levitation spell to lift the small gem that Canteen had given him before the match. "Well then. Let's find out then, shall we?" He placed the gem in his mouth and swallowed the gem whole. Remembering the effects of the gem were more potent instead of chewing the gem itself. His eyes widened slightly as the effects were instant without warning. It was a slow process, but the gem was restoring his magic to it's full strength. Since Selene was barely running on power, he knew he had to match her at this point. 

As the gem was restoring his magic, he remembered all of the illusions that she had put him through. "How dare you. Y-You're a monster. You'll pay for that." He gritted his teeth, his mane covering his eyes as he shook slightly in anger. Each sharp intake of breath he took had caused his body to shudder slightly in fury. "You'll...PAY FOR THAT!" His shout echoed throughout the entire ring, as well as the crowd in the stadium. An orange magic aura had exploded upon him as he was enveloped in that very same aura. He could sense the flare from Selene's magic, but he didn't feel as scared as he was normally. Whether he was acting tough, or he finally saw through the fear? He honestly didn't know. To be honest, it was actually starting to scare him. However, he knew what he had to do and he wasn't about to back down, or give up. 

Jade leaned forward just an inch. She could feel a shift in Dynamo's power.

"He's come to his senses. Now he has a chance."

22 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

Spoiler

Selene didn't actually know what the gem Dynamo consumed was. She hadn't watched Canteen's match in the semifinals, but she could easily sense the change in Dynamo. Her eyes could see more than any normal pony, even one with psychic abilities. She saw his wavelength shift to something she was not familiar with. It may not have matched her in raw power, but it felt potent, something only Dynamo's unique experiences could create.

This... Perhaps I was too effective. She thought as she slowly circled Dynamo from a safe distance. I've never seen a fighter grow so much so quickly. To think, he's managed to make so many ponies underestimate him in this tournament when he had this!

She leapt in the air, using the same technique she attacked Dynamo with earlier in the tournament. "Psychic Bracers!" Three hoops formed at the tip of each of her front hooves, but this time they crackled with electric energy, glowing far brighter than the ones she attacked him with before. Her eyes were enhancing her abilities.

"If one of those even touches Dynamo he'll be dead!" Dai shouted, still treating Draco's wounds.

"Geez, don't sound too optimistic," Shining Armor rebutted.

Selene tossed the projectiles at Dynamo, but he was able to see something the others couldn't. Only two of the disks were real. The other four were just a trick to distract him! Dodging all six would be nearly impossible. Dodging two was easy.

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Literally Snails said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Selene didn't actually know what the gem Dynamo consumed was. She hadn't watched Canteen's match in the semifinals, but she could easily sense the change in Dynamo. Her eyes could see more than any normal pony, even one with psychic abilities. She saw his wavelength shift to something she was not familiar with. It may not have matched her in raw power, but it felt potent, something only Dynamo's unique experiences could create.

This... Perhaps I was too effective. She thought as she slowly circled Dynamo from a safe distance. I've never seen a fighter grow so much so quickly. To think, he's managed to make so many ponies underestimate him in this tournament when he had this!

She leapt in the air, using the same technique she attacked Dynamo with earlier in the tournament. "Psychic Bracers!" Three hoops formed at the tip of each of her front hooves, but this time they crackled with electric energy, glowing far brighter than the ones she attacked him with before. Her eyes were enhancing her abilities.

"If one of those even touches Dynamo he'll be dead!" Dai shouted, still treating Draco's wounds.

"Geez, don't sound too optimistic," Shining Armor rebutted.

Selene tossed the projectiles at Dynamo, but he was able to see something the others couldn't. Only two of the disks were real. The other four were just a trick to distract him! Dodging all six would be nearly impossible. Dodging two was easy.

Dynamo kept his narrow gaze on Selene, while keeping track of her movement as she circles him. He looked up to see her leap into the air, before she used the same technique for the third time. As she tossed the same projectiles at him, the blue unicorn noticed something was different this time. Instead of the usual six disk blades, it was only two. His eyes widened slightly, but he made sure to conceal his poker face. 'I can see it. Only two of the disks are real. The rest are just used as a distraction to conceal the real projectiles. Now I can see why they lacked in speed, but had power back it up from before.' He noticed that the disks were crackling with electrical energy. 'It seems like she's trying to make this attack flow much more quickly. Along with more power to back it up.' He began to slowly walk forward, weaving through some of the fake disks, while allowing the other fakes to phase right through him. His facial expression remained neutral. Almost having an unreadable expression, before jumping to dodge the two real disks.

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad @Literally Snails

Sueno watched the explosion of energy from Dynamo, she pushed her glasses back up some "She pushed him with that last illusion to force his power out." Looking at the others she just smiled a bit "One day of training did that, sadly it wasnt all completed as Defiant ran off with Copper to fight and Viridi got distracted with that toy on his Hoof." she looked back at Dynamo weaving through the fake discs and dodging the real ones "Because of his Heightened magical power he can see through her illusions"

Canteen was almost asleep as the fight was boring him, the Illusions were just for Dynamo so he couldnt see what was going on. The moment Dynamo's power exploded he perked up "YES, finally things are going to pick up." he ran around the ring and jumped up next to the Announcer, trying to grab her Microphone "AND DYNAMO EXPLODES WITH A POWER THAT CAUGHT SELENE OFF GUARD. Where was he hiding such power." he yelled trying to do the announcements "Could it be he was never showing his true powers till now?" he said before Dynamo yells out "WHATEVER THE REASON DYNAMO IS GOING TO GIVE SELENE MULTIPLE BLACK EYES."

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Canteen_the_unstable said:

Sueno watched the explosion of energy from Dynamo, she pushed her glasses back up some "She pushed him with that last illusion to force his power out." Looking at the others she just smiled a bit "One day of training did that, sadly it wasnt all completed as Defiant ran off with Copper to fight and Viridi got distracted with that toy on his Hoof." she looked back at Dynamo weaving through the fake discs and dodging the real ones "Because of his Heightened magical power he can see through her illusions"

"And it's really sped up the show!" Tatterhoof said, tapping his cane on the metal floor. The gem at the end of his cane was glowing faint orange.

On 1/27/2020 at 8:20 PM, Dynamo Pad said:

Dynamo kept his narrow gaze on Selene, while keeping track of her movement as she circles him. He looked up to see her leap into the air, before she used the same technique for the third time. As she tossed the same projectiles at him, the blue unicorn noticed something was different this time. Instead of the usual six disk blades, it was only two. His eyes widened slightly, but he made sure to conceal his poker face. 'I can see it. Only two of the disks are real. The rest are just used as a distraction to conceal the real projectiles. Now I can see why they lacked in speed, but had power back it up from before.' He noticed that the disks were crackling with electrical energy. 'It seems like she's trying to make this attack flow much more quickly. Along with more power to back it up.' He began to slowly walk forward, weaving through some of the fake disks, while allowing the other fakes to phase right through him. His facial expression remained neutral. Almost having an unreadable expression, before jumping to dodge the two real disks.

Topaz squinted when the harmless discs passed through Dynamo. "This is a bizarre turn. It looks like Dynamo's last power up has given him the ability to phase through some of Selene's attacks! I know I'm supposed to avoid conjecture as an announcer, but I'm guessing ghost powers!"

With Dynamo in the air, it would be harder for him to dodge without wings. Selene held up her hooves like she did with her second attack, but this time Dynamo could actually see the invisible green polearm forming in her hooves. "Dimensional Slash!" She swung upward at Dynamo with the massive weapon only Dynamo and others with heightened awareness could see.

• Brohoof 1

On 1/29/2020 at 5:33 PM, Literally Snails said:

Topaz squinted when the harmless discs passed through Dynamo. "This is a bizarre turn. It looks like Dynamo's last power up has given him the ability to phase through some of Selene's attacks! I know I'm supposed to avoid conjecture as an announcer, but I'm guessing ghost powers!"

With Dynamo in the air, it would be harder for him to dodge without wings. Selene held up her hooves like she did with her second attack, but this time Dynamo could actually see the invisible green polearm forming in her hooves. "Dimensional Slash!" She swung upward at Dynamo with the massive weapon only Dynamo and others with heightened awareness could see.

@DwhitetheGamer @Canteen_the_unstable @Unicorncob @dragon4111 @reader8363

Upon jumping into the air, he watched as Selene held her front hooves once more. Only this time, he noticed the invisible object was a green polearm. 'I can see that one too. It's almost like a magical blade, or more like a magical javelin. So, that's why I thought I had hit steel from that earlier attack. Even to how she destroyed my magic from the cannon.' He thought, recalling the earlier events from the fight. From the way she swung upward, blocking the attack would be out of the question. Even if the pole arm was a massive weapon. His horn charged with magic, before he quickly teleported a safe distance away from the initial swing of Selene's attack. He took a deep breath and exhaled slowly, before reactivating the quest controller on his arm. He could feel a slight numbing pain from the magic drain, but it wasn't as serious as before. He wanted to guess it was due to his rage and magic surge, but he couldn't be sure.

"So, what was it that you said before? About how if I don't give up what makes me strong, then the universe will take its due?" The energy from his magic was beginning to grow stronger than before. "If what you said is true, then forget it. All I ever wanted was friends who would accept me for who I am! It's fighting for those that I care for is what can make one strong. If you fight for only yourself or for selfish desires, then you're never going to attain that true strength. The same can be said for what you can be passionate about! Video games has helped me to find and build connections with so many ponies and creatures. It's through that, I was able to discover who I truly can be. You have no right to decide that upon someone." He clenched his hoof as his weapon had formed from the Quest Controller. A key shaped weapon that was made to look like a sword. The blade was silver in color, while the teeth of the key were a mix of blue and yellow. The hilt had wings, while the keychain had a star attached to the chain. 

"Look. I'm not a hero and I don't consider myself to have any sort of justice. If anyone ever dares to hurt my friends, my teammate, my family, or my loved ones, then they're going to be sorry." He swung his new weapon as the key shaped blade formed into being. 'Oathkeeper.' He thought as his mane continued to cover his eyes. "You're going to regret what you've done here today, Selene! Now I'm mad. I'm really, truly angry!" He slowly raised his head to look up at his floating opponent. His eyes almost glowing like a flame of determination. "Now is the time for you...TO PAY!" With one final shout, the blue unicorn looked towards the sky as he let out his scream fly towards the heavens above. The ground around him began to shake as the floor from beneath him began to crumble. He could feel his energy beginning to skyrocket as he knew no more words had needed to be said. As he grew silent, he drew his attention back towards the ring as he swung his key shaped blade in front of him. The sword began to glow with a bright light as he kept his eyes locked onto Selene. After a moment, he turned said blade like an actual key unlocking. "Shot lock." Several beams of light soon began to fly from the blade as they all flew towards his opponent. If she tried to dodge, then the attacks would keep tracking her, until they hit their intended target. 

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

"Look. I'm not a hero and I don't consider myself to have any sort of justice. If anyone ever dares to hurt my friends, my teammate, my family, or my loved ones, then they're going to be sorry." He swung his new weapon as the key shaped blade formed into being. 'Oathkeeper.' He thought as his mane continued to cover his eyes. "You're going to regret what you've done here to day, Selene! Now I'm mad. I'm really, truly angry!" He slowly raised his head to look up at his floating opponent. His eyes almost glowing like a flame of determination. "Now is the time for you...TO PAY!" With one final shout, the blue unicorn looked towards the sky as he let out his scream. The ground around him began to shake as the floor from beneath him began to crumble.

Spoiler

Rail's typical stoic demeanor changed. He was looking at Dynamo with an expression of shock, even a bit of awe. The pony who up until now had acted like everything was completely under his control was taken off-guard by this change of events. 

"That's not a face I've seen you make before," said Rokata.

Rail removed his cigarette, never taking his eyes off the combatants. "I think... I may need to adjust my plans."

He could feel his energy beginning to skyrocket as he knew no more words had needed to be said. As he grew silent, he drew his attention back towards the ring as he swung his key shaped blade in front of him. The sword began to glow with a bright light as he kept his eyes locked onto Selene. After a moment, he turned said blade like an actual key unlocking. "Shot lock." Several beams of light soon began to fly from the blade as they all flew towards his opponent. If she tried to dodge, then the attacks would keep tracking her, until they hit their intended target. 

Selene started backing away as soon as the shots were fired, circling the wing with swift agility. Her eyes helped her track the projectiles.

"I suppose I shouldn't be surprised anymore when the tables are completely flipped in these fights! Selene is now totally on the defensive and Dynamo's Aura is like a solar eclipse, rare, beautiful, and something you don't want to stare at for too long!" Topaz announced.

Selene put up an energy wall between her and the projectiles, Two of them were destroyed by the wall, but the other five broke through. She crouched down to make them aim for the ground, and then jumped, skillfully causing another three to crash into the stadium floor, causing a tremendous explosion, but two more were heading straight for her, and she couldn't dodge in the air.

She teleported to the ground and one of the projectiles took a wide turn, hitting a pillar and showering the stands with rubble, but the final projectile whirled toward her before she could defend and struck her in the back! There was a loud explosion of white light, singing the nearby eyes on her back shut. She fell forward and tumbled to her hooves.

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

"I suppose I shouldn't be surprised anymore when the tables are completely flipped in these fights! Selene is now totally on the defensive and Dynamo's Aura is like a solar eclipse, rare, beautiful, and something you don't want to stare at for too long!" Topaz announced.

Selene put up an energy wall between her and the projectiles, Two of them were destroyed by the wall, but the other five broke through. She crouched down to make them aim for the ground, and then jumped, skillfully causing another three to crash into the stadium floor, causing a tremendous explosion, but two more were heading straight for her, and she couldn't dodge in the air.

She teleported to the ground and one of the projectiles took a wide turn, hitting a pillar and showering the stands with rubble, but the final projectile whirled toward her before she could defend and struck her in the back! There was a loud explosion of white light, singing the nearby eyes on her back shut. She fell forward and tumbled to her hooves.

Dynamo stood in place as he watched the projectiles chase their intended opponent. Some had crashed into the barrier wall, while some had narrowly grazed her as they hit the pillars and stadium floor. As the final projectile struck her square in the back, he watched as Selene was sent tumbling. This was Dynamo's chance to keep up on the offensive. He lowered his stance as he held the key shaped blade close to his side. "Sonic Blade." He quietly uttered, morphing into his spin dash as he dashed quickly across the ring. If Selene were to dodge, then he would turn sharply in his spin. At the same time, attacking with several quick swings of his blade. In his spin dash, the swings would be much faster, while almost moving as if in a blinding pace.

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

Dynamo stood in place as he watched the projectiles chase their intended opponent. Some had crashed into the barrier wall, while some had narrowly grazed her as they hit the pillars and stadium floor. As the final projectile struck her square in the back, he watched as Selene was sent tumbling. This was Dynamo's chance to keep up on the offensive. He lowered his stance as he held the key shaped blade close to his side. "Sonic Blade." He quietly uttered, morphing into his spin dash as he dashed quickly across the ring. If Selene were to dodge, then he would turn sharply in his spin. At the same time, attacking with several quick swings of his blade. In his spin dash, the swings would be much faster, while almost moving as if in a blinding pace.

Selene landed on three hooves with her front right hoof pulled back. By the time she was on balance, Dynamo already started his attack, so she readied her third attack, creating an energy bomb in her hoof. "Rei-bomb!" Dynamo could see that the area of the sphere was actually deceptively larger than the visible light indicated. She swung at Dynamo while jumping back, hoping to break his momentum.

• Brohoof 1

11 minutes ago, Literally Snails said:

Selene landed on three hooves with her front right hoof pulled back. By the time she was on balance, Dynamo already started his attack, so she readied her third attack, creating an energy bomb in her hoof. "Rei-bomb!" Dynamo could see that the area of the sphere was actually deceptively larger than the visible light indicated. She swung at Dynamo while jumping back, hoping to break his momentum.

After rushing forward to deliver his attack, Dynamo had missed as Selene jumped back with a swing. Dynamo could see and sense the attack in Selene's hoof. 'I can even see that attack too. So, that's the odd feeling I had back then, as well. It's like she's holding an energy blast within her hoof.' Upon sensing the energy being swung at him, Dynamo morphed out of his spin dash to stop his momentum. He quickly stuck the blade into the ring to keep himself in place, before kicking off of the ground to backpedal away from Selene. He made sure to take the weapon with him as he prepared for his next maneuver. "Strike Raid." With each step he took, he quickly threw the key shaped blade at Selene to score a direct hit, or to throw her off balance. The key shaped blade spun like a whirling buzzsaw. Each throw he made, the blue unicorn sure to teleport the sword back over towards him, before repeating the same process. He made sure to get in close, before throwing the blade one more time. If the last hit connected, then he would continue the assault. If not, then he would still continue to throw a punch. However, he took a page from Canteen as he used the punch as a feint. Showing no emotion on his face, he would keep his mind focused as he inconspicuously prepared a kick from his hind leg. If the blade had flown past her, he would catch it with his magic to throw it back from behind. He recalled the beams of light had struck her in the back. Resulting in her eyes possibly being damaged. Letting go of the blade would not allow her to sense his magic. Allowing him to catch it and follow up on his onslaught. 

Edited by Dynamo Pad

8 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

Dynamo morphed out of his spin dash to stop his momentum.

Selene's eyes narrowed. She'd expected Dynamo to charge straight into her attack and clash metal. He uses his head in battle even in this state.

9 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

"Strike Raid." With each step he took, he quickly threw the key shaped blade at Selene to score a direct hit, or to throw her off balance. The key shaped blade spun like a whirling buzzsaw. Each throw he made, the blue unicorn sure to teleport the sword back over towards him, before repeating the same process. He made sure to get in close, before throwing the blade one more time. If the last hit connected, then he would continue the assault. If not, then he would still continue to throw a punch. However, he took a page from Canteen as he used the punch as a feint. Showing no emotion on his face, he would keep his mind focused as he inconspicuously prepared a kick from his hind leg. If the blade had flown past her, he would catch it with his magic to throw it back from behind. He recalled the beams of light had struck her in the back. Resulting in her eyes possibly being damaged. Letting go of the blade would not allow her to sense his magic. Allowing him to catch it and follow up on his onslaught. 

Spoiler

Selene teleported a foot to the side to blink away from the whirling blade, only for it to reverse course and hit her in the back. Striking multiple points on her body. While reeling from that attack, Dynamo made his feint attack, which she tried to block. His real strike came lower, landing a solid blow to her back. Each time she tried to defend from one of his strikes, a different one hit her, allowing Dynamo to dominate the space. She backed away, attempting dodges and parries. All of it was happening too quickly for the spectators to make out the individual strikes.

He's swift! My eyes can see his moves coming but I can't do anything about it! As she took more damage, the eyes on her body started to close one by one, sealing so tightly that they were almost invisible. She looked at Rokata briefly, seeing his stern expression. This is what you were talking about wasn't it? The opposition trial. A real proving. She looked straight at Dynamo with her true eye opened wide and a look of shock on her face. But I'm not ready for this!

Dynamo landed a blow squarely in her face, launching her back with such tremendous force that her small body created a fissure in the ring where she landed. "Maybe Rokata picked the wrong one..." she muttered to herself while staring up at the darkening sky. All but her true eye slowly closed, some of the eyes were dripping a thick purple blood.

Topaz jumped on the ring and ran to Selene's side. "With Selene down, It's time to start the ten count!" She announced. "One! Two! THREE!"

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Literally Snails said:

Selene's eyes narrowed. She'd expected Dynamo to charge straight into her attack and clash metal. He uses his head in battle even in this state.

Reveal hidden contents

Selene teleported a foot to the side to blink away from the whirling blade, only for it to reverse course and hit her in the back. Striking multiple points on her body. While reeling from that attack, Dynamo made his feint attack, which she tried to block. His real strike came lower, landing a solid blow to her back. Each time she tried to defend from one of his strikes, a different one hit her, allowing Dynamo to dominate the space. She backed away, attempting dodges and parries. All of it was happening too quickly for the spectators to make out the individual strikes.

He's swift! My eyes can see his moves coming but I can't do anything about it! As she took more damage, the eyes on her body started to close one by one, sealing so tightly that they were almost invisible. She looked at Rokata briefly, seeing his stern expression. This is what you were talking about wasn't it? The opposition trial. A real proving. She looked straight at Dynamo with her true eye opened wide and a look of shock on her face. But I'm not ready for this!

Dynamo landed a blow squarely in her face, launching her back with such tremendous force that her small body created a fissure in the ring where she landed. "Maybe Rokata picked the wrong one..." she muttered to herself while staring up at the darkening sky. All but her true eye slowly closed, some of the eyes were dripping a thick purple blood.

Topaz jumped on the ring and ran to Selene's side. "With Selene down, It's time to start the ten count!" She announced. "One! Two! THREE!"

With each strike, Dynamo made sure to keep up his offense. At the same time, he made sure to keep on guard against Selene if she were to counter. Making sure not to give her any room to recover. He had thought he had seen some of the eyes were beginning to close and seal, but he was too focused on his battle to be sure. He tossed his key shaped blade slightly in the air as his hoof glowed with an aura of magic. He almost could see a shocked look within her true eye, before reeling back and delivering one last punch. The blow landed squarely in her face as the attack had sent her laughing back. Upon landing in the small crater styled fissure within the ring, Dynamo stood back up as he caught the blade he had tossed. He swiped the air once more as he got back into his battle pose. He narrowed his eyes as he didn't want to let down his guard. He had learned his lesson from all the other fights he had taken part in. Especially the battle with the Chemist and Patchwork. He knew he wouldn't make the same mistake twice. He thought he had heard a small muttering, but he chose not to think about that. He even used his magic to sense in the possibility of this all being an illusion. However, he soon learned that this was the same Selene he had been fighting all this time.

• Brohoof 1

@Literally Snails

"I dont know what my Co-Host Topaz means with Ghost powers. Dynamo's explosion of energy was all of his Bottled up emotions and Selene was the one to uncork it. With his heightened power he was able to see only two of those blades were real the rest were illusions" as the match continued with the final attacks taking place Canteen spoke again

"Using the blade an Anchor in the ring he was able to drop from his Spin ball without stumbling. And with his Blade toss he is keeping a nice safe distance. At least that is what it appears however with each step he is getting closer to her. A very nice move if I do say so myself." he looked at Topaz smiling "With what little time we had yesterday Dynamo not only closed the small gap between them BUT, as well surpass Selene. Imagine if he had longer I bet even Rokata would be done for, and he earned this power." he turned his head towards Jade grinning "He didnt need someone else's power given to them on a platter."

As the match ended he was watching Topaz Count "As Topaz is counting I will fill you all in on the fun. Dynamo threw his blade and the rotation caused even well trained eyes to misjudge the length, so even if she dodged Chances are Selene got covered in tiny cuts from the blade. He was aiming for the eyes blinding her to his advances.. Shall we see where Topaz is at the count?"

• Brohoof 1

14 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Jade leaned forward, eyes widened. Dynamo had gotten through Selene's mind tricks and struck a finishing blow. If he could stay on his hooves for the count, both teams would be tied.

13 hours ago, Canteen_the_unstable said:

he turned his head towards Jade grinning "He didnt need someone else's power given to them on a platter."

She glanced toward the announcers, annoyance in her glare.

Does this pest have nothing better to do?

Evidently not.

• Brohoof 1

On 1/31/2020 at 6:24 PM, Canteen_the_unstable said:

"I dont know what my Co-Host Topaz means with Ghost powers. Dynamo's explosion of energy was all of his Bottled up emotions and Selene was the one to uncork it. With his heightened power he was able to see only two of those blades were real the rest were illusions" as the match continued with the final attacks taking place Canteen spoke again

After another interruption from Canteen, Topaz gave him a decisive bop on the head in the middle of his speech and pushed him off the ring with her hind hoof. "Leave  it to the professionals and go get some help, will ya?" She said, twirling her mic.

On 1/31/2020 at 6:09 PM, Dynamo Pad said:

Upon landing in the small crater styled fissure within the ring, Dynamo stood back up as he caught the blade he had tossed. He swiped the air once more as he got back into his battle pose. He narrowed his eyes as he didn't want to let down his guard. He had learned his lesson from all the other fights he had taken part in. Especially the battle with the Chemist and Patchwork. He knew he wouldn't make the same mistake twice. He thought he had heard a small muttering, but he chose not to think about that. He even used his magic to sense in the possibility of this all being an illusion. However, he soon learned that this was the same Selene he had been fighting all this time.

Spoiler

Selene's largest eye, the one covering her mouth, opened and gazed at Dynamo while he stood at a safe distance.

"FOUR!" Topaz continued her count.

"You asked me something at the beginning of this fight and I was unwilling to answer." He heard her voice say, but it was ringing through his head, coming from no direction in particular. Only Dynamo could hear it.

"FIVE!"

"To learn that which took my life. You wanted to know what that meant. I am no closer to answering that than I was before. All I've learned is how little I know."

"SIX!"

With her large eye trained on Dynamo, her true eye looked at Rokata. "What a fool I've been to think that our abilities are the things we were here to test. That this was meant to push ourselves to new heights. It's nothing like that."

"SEVEN!"

"When Rokata killed me, my existence became intertwined with his. When he dies so will I."

"EIGHT!"

"Please don't ask me any more questions. I know little more than you do."

"NINE! -uh-"

Selene rapidly rolled on her hooves and sprung into the air, forming her psychic bracers on each hoof. "Psychic Bracers!" She launched the tracking projectiles at Dynamo and used her remaining strength to instantly form an energy bomb in her hoof before turning her momentum and diving down at Dynamo. "Rei Bomb!"

• Brohoof 1

20 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

After another interruption from Canteen, Topaz gave him a decisive bop on the head in the middle of his speech and pushed him off the ring with her hind hoof. "Leave  it to the professionals and go get some help, will ya?" She said, twirling her mic.

Reveal hidden contents

Selene's largest eye, the one covering her mouth, opened and gazed at Dynamo while he stood at a safe distance.

"FOUR!" Topaz continued her count.

"You asked me something at the beginning of this fight and I was unwilling to answer." He heard her voice say, but it was ringing through his head, coming from no direction in particular. Only Dynamo could hear it.

"FIVE!"

"To learn that which took my life. You wanted to know what that meant. I am no closer to answering that than I was before. All I've learned is how little I know."

"SIX!"

With her large eye trained on Dynamo, her true eye looked at Rokata. "What a fool I've been to think that our abilities are the things we were here to test. That this was meant to push ourselves to new heights. It's nothing like that."

"SEVEN!"

"When Rokata killed me, my existence became intertwined with his. When he dies so will I."

"EIGHT!"

"Please don't ask me any more questions. I know little more than you do."

"NINE! -uh-"

Selene rapidly rolled on her hooves and sprung into the air, forming her psychic bracers on each hoof. "Psychic Bracers!" She launched the tracking projectiles at Dynamo and used her remaining strength to instantly form an energy bomb in her hoof before turning her momentum and diving down at Dynamo. "Rei Bomb!"

As Selene spoke, Dynamo blinked as he thought he had heard her voice in his mind. It seemed it was sort of a psychic link as he was the only one who could hear her. Even as she spoke, one large eye was trained on him, while her true eye was focused on Rokata. 'So, she wasn't here to test her abilities? If that's not the case, then why are both teams even here in the first place?' He thought, wondering if Selene had even heard his thoughts. He didn't even expect an answer as the details may have been unknown. He almost lost his focused expression as he had heard the fate that Selene and Rokata shared. He blinked as Selene had quickly got to her hooves as she jumped into the air. Upon seeing the psychic bracers, Dynamo considered the option to dodge. However, he knew that the discs would track him. Which would leave him wide open to Selene's energy blast. He knew there was only one thing he could do now.

"Defense and reflect." He simply uttered, a shield forming around him to guard the attack. Once the discs reached the shield, he would make sure to guard against it, before sending the discs and the shield right back at Selene, who was diving down towards him. With the bright flash of light from both the shield and shattering reflection, he would try and Selene's dive be off balance. Even if the attacks still tracked their way back towards him, he had a feeling his next attack would destroy the discs. As he charged his magic for one more attack, a thought had crossed his mind. 'I know I would probably say that I could never forgive you for what you did in this match. I could say that I hate you with ever fiber in my being, Selene. Even so, I just can't find it in my heart and soul to hate you. I guess the reason is that I’m not like you. I'll always try to be kind and find the good in others. Even to my fiercest of rivals and enemies. I have emotions like everyone else, but I won’t just go seek revenge. I may not know the reason as to why you went down the path that you did. The only thing I could think of was that upon willingly to accept the powers of a yokai. It was as if you had all run away from something you didn't like or want to accept. Since this whole tournament started, I learned to not live with guilt or regret. To make the good times last because nothing ever lasts forever. To appreciate the things I have in life and to appreciate life itself. The value that possibly you and the others had thrown away. Whether I'm right or not, I guess I really don't know. If there's one final question I could ever ask you, then it's this.'

He slowly held the key shaped blade out in front of him as he pointed the weapon at Selene. With her remaining strength placed into her attack, Dynamo had a feeling she wouldn't be able to dodge or fight anymore. 'If under different circumstances. If there had been another time. If things didn't have to be this way in the paths that lead up to this. Could...we have been friends?' He grit his teeth as the blade began to glow once again. "ZETTAFLARE!" He exclaimed, launching a giant laser spell upon his opponent. If this connected, then it would send her flying back and out of the ring.

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 2