Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Everfree Dark Tournament RP

Literally Snails

On 2/2/2020 at 3:47 AM, Dynamo Pad said:

"Defense and reflect." He simply uttered, a shield forming around him to guard the attack. Once the discs reached the shield, he would make sure to guard against it, before sending the discs and the shield right back at Selene, who was diving down towards him. With the bright flash of light from both the shield and shattering reflection, he would try and Selene's dive be off balance.

The disks struck the shield at opposite angles, creating a flash of blue and white light that reflected back at Selene. Her eyes closed, weakening her powers as she continued her dive, by the time they opened again, it was too late.

On 2/2/2020 at 3:47 AM, Dynamo Pad said:

He slowly held the key shaped blade out in front of him as he pointed the weapon at Selene. With her remaining strength placed into her attack, Dynamo had a feeling she wouldn't be able to dodge or fight anymore. 'If under different circumstances. If there had been another time. If things didn't have to be this way in the paths that lead up to this. Could...we have been friends?' He grit his teeth as the blade began to glow once again. "ZETTAFLARE!" He exclaimed, launching a giant laser spell upon his opponent. If this connected, then it would send her flying back and out of the ring.

@DwhitetheGamer @Canteen_the_unstable @Unicorncob @dragon4111 @reader8363

Selene put both her hooves together, increasing the size of her rei Bomb to act as a shield, but it was nothing against the might of his ZettaFlare. She stopped in place when the first shockwave of the attack hit her, and then she was sent flying back when her momentum was broken. For a few seconds, the ring was enveloped in a blinding blue light, before the light suddenly dispersed and Selene was seen flying up toward the stands. She hit a pillar near the highest parts of the stand, and  fell back to the ground with no strength left in her body.

"Continue this path, and I'll consider you the greatest friend I've ever known," Dynamo heard.

Selene landed with a booming thud on the ringside grass near where Rokata and Onyx were standing. Dynamo saw Rokata standing beside where she fell, looking up at him with a smile across his lips and an intense gaze in his eyes.

Topaz cartwheeled toward the side of the ring with a pair of sunglasses balanced on her snout. "With explosive moves like that, you don't need to be in the line of fire to need some protection!" She gracefully leapt off the ring and landed in front of Selene, bending down to look at her closely. She turned to the stands and said, "It looks like Selene is incapacitated and wont be back up by ten if she ever gets back up at all! Team Lotus takes a one point lead going into the final match!"

• Brohoof 1

52 minutes ago, Literally Snails said:

Selene put both her hooves together, increasing the size of her rei Bomb to act as a shield, but it was nothing against the might of his ZettaFlare. She stopped in place when the first shockwave of the attack hit her, and then she was sent flying back when her momentum was broken. For a few seconds, the ring was enveloped in a blinding blue light, before the light suddenly dispersed and Selene was seen flying up toward the stands. She hit a pillar near the highest parts of the stand, and  fell back to the ground with no strength left in her body.

"Continue this path, and I'll consider you the greatest friend I've ever known," Dynamo heard.

Selene landed with a booming thud on the ringside grass near where Rokata and Onyx were standing. Dynamo saw Rokata standing beside where she fell, looking up at him with a smile across his lips and an intense gaze in his eyes.

Topaz cartwheeled toward the side of the ring with a pair of sunglasses balanced on her snout. "With explosive moves like that, you don't need to be in the line of fire to need some protection!" She gracefully leapt off the ring and landed in front of Selene, bending down to look at her closely. She turned to the stands and said, "It looks like Selene is incapacitated and wont be back up by ten if she ever gets back up at all! Team Lotus takes a one point lead going into the final match!"

@Dynamo Pad

Copper was ecstatic, jumping up and down in excitement when he heard Dynamo won.  He was so proud and...

He stopped the moment he saw Rokata smile and Dynamo.  He quickly bolted to beside his best friend and said, in a more joking manner than serious, "What's the smile for?  You know your biggest threat is yet to take the arena, right?"  He returned to a more serious manner when he continued, "I will not allow my best friend to turn to the dark side."

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Literally Snails said:

The disks struck the shield at opposite angles, creating a flash of blue and white light that reflected back at Selene. Her eyes closed, weakening her powers as she continued her dive, by the time they opened again, it was too late.

@DwhitetheGamer @Canteen_the_unstable @Unicorncob @dragon4111 @reader8363

Once the discs impacted the shield, a flash of blue and white had been reflected back towards Dynamo's opponent. Seeing that the discs were gone, the laser spell had already caught up to Selene. He kept his eyes focused as he saw her use her attack as a shield. However, he was able to overpower her as she was sent flying up towards the stands. The laser spell soon faded out as Dynamo nearly dropped to the ground. He planted the key shaped blade into the ground as a sort of footing to keep himself standing. He panted and gasped for breath as he used all of the magic he had left. The only thing keeping him standing at this point was both his life energy and his willpower.

His ears suddenly perked as he heard Selene's voice in his mind once more. He looked up as he saw that Selene had hit a pillar, before falling back towards the ground. He wanted to rush over and try and attempt to catch her, but he was too weak to move. To him, her words were like a strike to his heart. Even if they were enemies. Even if he hated how she had to bring the hidden strength necessary to win. Selene went so far as to still consider him a friend. He knew that if he were to continue the path of this tournament, he knew that Selene might not be with everyone. Without warning, tears began to sting his eyes, until they had begun to fall. Even if he had claimed the victory in their fight, he still felt like it was a hollow victory. Dynamo had shut off the Quest Controller. The key shaped blade flashed a bright light, before disappearing without a trace. He dropped to his knees, before taking a seat to catch his breath. He looked over to Rokata as the leader casted his gaze upon the blue unicorn. Dynamo felt visibly shaken upon seeing the smile Rokata was sporting. No words were said, but to Dynamo, it was as if Rokata was thanking him. A thanks in which Rokata could finally battle Jade.

18 minutes ago, DwhitetheGamer said:

@Dynamo Pad

Copper was ecstatic, jumping up and down in excitement when he heard Dynamo won.  He was so proud and...

He stopped the moment he saw Rokata smile and Dynamo.  He quickly bolted to beside his best friend and said, in a more joking manner than serious, "What's the smile for?  You know your biggest threat is yet to take the arena, right?"  He returned to a more serious manner when he continued, "I will not allow my best friend to turn to the dark side."

Upon hearing Copper's cheering, the blue unicorn looked over towards his team. He looked at the blue earth pony, who quickly rushed over towards his side. "Hey, bro? Can you help me up? I used up all of my energy in that last attack." He says, extending his front left hoof towards his teammate. He took notice of the joking tone, but he knew he would have to explain.

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad

Copper looked at Dynamo for a brief moment before nodding.  "Y-yeah.  Sorry bro, just got caught up in the stuff."  He casually picked up his friend and walked back to his side of the Arena circle, where he laid the Unicorn down and healed him like he did Rose.  "There, that should patch you up for now." he said.

1 minute ago, DwhitetheGamer said:

@Dynamo Pad

Copper looked at Dynamo for a brief moment before nodding.  "Y-yeah.  Sorry bro, just got caught up in the stuff."  He casually picked up his friend and walked back to his side of the Arena circle, where he laid the Unicorn down and healed him like he did Rose.  "There, that should patch you up for now." he said.

Dynamo shook his head and offered his friend a kind smile. "There's no reason to apologize, Copper. It's like you said. You were caught up in the moment, but I would say that you were a bit misinformed from Rokata." He says, being supported by Copper as the two walked off of the ring. After making their way towards their team, Dynamo sighed as he was placed back onto the ground. "Thanks, bro. I really appreciate all of your help." He says, wincing as he still felt pain from his fight. The wound from his chest Selene had inflicted was healing up, but he knew he resting was the most important thing. "It's like I said before. Rokata smiled at me, but I think it was his way of thanking me. He knew if I won, then he would get his fight with Jade. It looks like he got his wish, after all." He explained, his facial expression remained neutral. He was glad he won, but he knew the real battle was about to begin.

• Brohoof 2

@Unicorncob @DwhitetheGamer @dragon4111 @Dynamo Pad @Canteen_the_unstable
Rose placed the jacket on the edge of the ring, then she turned on her heal and headed towards the door. It was down to the last fight and she might as well enjoy a drink before the end of the tournament. She looked at her magic, Her fight took a lot of magic out of her, and she only got a bit of it back, besides what she used. She could hear the spectators chatting around her, but she just tuned them out. She sat down at the bar and ordered a drink

17 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

Dynamo shook his head and offered his friend a kind smile. "There's no reason to apologize, Copper. It's like you said. You were caught up in the moment, but I would say that you were a bit misinformed from Rokata." He says, being supported by Copper as the two walked off of the ring. After making their way towards their team, Dynamo sighed as he was placed back onto the ground. "Thanks, bro. I really appreciate all of your help." He says, wincing as he still felt pain from his fight. The wound from his chest Selene had inflicted was healing up, but he knew he resting was the most important thing. "It's like I said before. Rokata smiled at me, but I think it was his way of thanking me. He knew if I won, then he would get his fight with Jade. It looks like he got his wish, after all." He explained, his facial expression remained neutral. He was glad he won, but he knew the real battle was about to begin.

"Okay, bro," Copper smiled as fully shut down the wounds on Dynamo.  Afterwards he had noticed the tears on the unicorn's face, and then he hugged him.  "I'm sorry for your loss," he said.  "She could've been a good friend, I know she would."  He knew better than anyone that when tears were sprung on Dynamo, there was a potential friend of his lost.

With that said, he just noticed his hoof engulfed in a light orange aura, and then saw his whole body like that.  "Looks like it's time," he said as he released Dynamo from the hug.  "The process may be slow, but I should be able to restore my energy at some point, that way I can defend the team from anything stupid that might happen."

• Brohoof 1

20 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Jade felt a twinge in her chest. She was glad Dynamo had won, but it meant she would be up against Rokata. She couldn't lie to herself; she was nervous.

She took a deep breath. Fear is a stepping stone, as Master Xiang had once told her. Something to be crossed.

18 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

She waited for Dynamo and Copper to return to their side of the arena before giving her congratulations. She even offered Dynamo a small but sincere smile.

"I hope this proves to you that my choice to have you lead the team in my absence was not unfounded."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Unicorncob @DwhitetheGamer @dragon4111 @Dynamo Pad @Canteen_the_unstable@reader8363

Spoiler

Spoiler

Inaudible shouting from the crowd slowed down to murmurs. There was an uneasy tension in the air while both Rokata and Jade waited to take the stand.

Rokata and Rail stood directly across from team Lotus with Onyx laying in a corner next to the unconscious Selene, and though they were down to just two and behind on points, they looked resolute.

"They don't look like a team that's been losing..." Quill muttered.

"Don't act paranoid. They're down to one fighter and Jade is gonna wipe the floor with him," Shining Armor confidently stated. "I know how to sense magical energy. That Rokata guy has been putting on an act. Sure, he's tough, but he doesn't feel nearly as strong as his teammates did. He barely even registers compared to Jade."

"Loot at Rail," Quill instructed. Rail was standing tall, his head slightly cocked with a cigarette in his mouth. "Rail is no fighter. He's a middleaged businesspony with his entire fortune riding on this tournament. If Rokata loses, he'll lose everything he has and probably be imprisoned for his crimes."

"I was planning something like that. What's your point?"

"The body language isn't there. Either he's mislead, or he knows something we don't."

"I ask you to wait a moment longer," Rail said to Rokata. He removed his cigarette and stepped on it as he walked up on the ring. The murmurs in the crowd picked up as fans asked why the non-combatant was entering the ring. Rail approached Topaz and she gave him the microphone. "Thank you sweetheart."

"Don't do something crazy, dad," Topaz said.

Rail gave his daughter a pat on the head, but didn't acknowledge her. He turned to the crowd with his mic and addressed them. "Mares and gentlecolts, spectators and combatants alike, thank you all for joining me on this momentous occasion! The Dark Tournament has been my life's work, and this year's competition is its grandeous result." He paused and scanned the audience with an even expression. "We're about to witness the tournament's two stars, Rokata and Jade, battle at long last. The very spectacle that I set out to create."

"He's trying to pull something," Shining Armor muttered.

"However, I believe you all agree that there is no way this tournament can end without a decisive victor. For the proceedings to end in a tie would be most anticlimactic. The people deserve better!" He glanced at Dynamo for a moment before tilting his head back up at the crowd. "My proposal is this, one final bet. The terms: If Jade wins this fight and this tournament, I give her team a prize that the tournament committee cannot. Her mentor, Tricis, did not die during the semifinals as you were all lead to believe, but her life is in danger. If Jade loses this fight, Tricis will lose her life. If Rokata loses, she will live, and I will give mine."

The crowd erupted into a fervor, asking confused questions to one another, mixed with cries to get on with the fight. Topaz stared up at him in shock.

"I do this as a stallion of the people," Rail declared, speaking over the crowd. "This tournament must decisively end with a contest between its two main stars. With two lives on the line for each team, this next will be, in effect, worth two points." He smiled confidently. "Of course, I can only do this if Jade, Shining Armor, and the honorable tournament committee accepts my terms."

Shining Armor glared at him. Damn it. He's been planning this the whole time. He really did prepare for everything. If we don't accept this deal, Rail could continue his plans after the tournament even if he loses.

Edited by Literally Snails
  • Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, dragon4111 said:

@Literally Snails

Draco sighed to himself. "Ah gamblers gotta love their pride," he stated as he looked himself over. He looked fully heal. "Well nurse Dai what is your prognosis am I good to stand up?" Draco asked playfully.

"You're good to stand up but not much more than that," Dai said before turning her attention to the ring. "It's weird that you aren't at least a little bit concerned about what's going on here."

On 2/4/2020 at 7:48 AM, DwhitetheGamer said:

"Okay, bro," Copper smiled as fully shut down the wounds on Dynamo.  Afterwards he had noticed the tears on the unicorn's face, and then he hugged him.  "I'm sorry for your loss," he said.  "She could've been a good friend, I know she would."  He knew better than anyone that when tears were sprung on Dynamo, there was a potential friend of his lost.

With that said, he just noticed his hoof engulfed in a light orange aura, and then saw his whole body like that.  "Looks like it's time," he said as he released Dynamo from the hug.  "The process may be slow, but I should be able to restore my energy at some point, that way I can defend the team from anything stupid that might happen."

Dynamo was momentarily surprised as he was pulled into Copper's hug. He soon came to his sense as he returned the hug, nonetheless. Resting his chin upon his shoulder as he allowed himself to let his emotions run free. As he was pulled back from the hug, Dynamo looked to his old friend and nodded. "Thanks for words of support, bro. I really do appreciate the concern. I know she was my opponent and could be seen as my enemy, but she didn't seem evil. To be honest, she felt more misunderstood than what she was letting on." He knew Selene to be mysterious with how little she had spoke. She made up for her words with her actions and he knew her as an honorable fighter. "It's a shame, really. I want to say I'm happy I won, but I guess it still feels like a defeat. She told me that her link to Rokata is linked. If he were to be eliminated, then she falls, as well. I'm not sure how or why, but I guess there's no way to change it." He closed his eyes as he felt powerless to do anything. It didn't help that he felt physically and mentally exhausted from his ordeal and the previous battle. He slowly opened his eyes with a sigh. "She did say something to me, before she was declared unable to continue fighting. She said that if I continue this path, then I'll be considered the greatest friend she's ever known. I guess in the end, this is what she wanted. Perhaps there's still something she has yet to see, or even comprehend, for that matter. I honestly don't know, but I want to respect her wishes." 

He glanced to the side to see Selene, who was still unconscious and lying next to Onyx. 'I don't know if you can hear me, Selene, but I'm sorry. I hope you can forgive me if I had said anything that was out of line. I know you didn't mean it, but you helped me to discover things that I hadn't known before. I'll take the lessons you had given me to heart and I'll continue to get stronger to protect what matters to me. No matter what happens and no matter what the outcome is. I'll always consider you a true friend. Thank you Selene. Thank you for everything, my friend.' He thought as he turned his attention back towards his team.

On 2/4/2020 at 8:49 AM, Unicorncob said:

Jade felt a twinge in her chest. She was glad Dynamo had won, but it meant she would be up against Rokata. She couldn't lie to herself; she was nervous.

She took a deep breath. Fear is a stepping stone, as Master Xiang had once told her. Something to be crossed.

She waited for Dynamo and Copper to return to their side of the arena before giving her congratulations. She even offered Dynamo a small but sincere smile.

"I hope this proves to you that my choice to have you lead the team in my absence was not unfounded."

The blue unicorn's ears perked as he heard Jade's voice being directed towards him. He could see the small, yet sincere smile as he returned the expression. "Thank you, Jade and you're absolutely right." He responded with a nod. "To be honest, I guess I just doubted myself because I felt like I had been a failure. I felt like I hadn't contributed to the team that much since is whole thing started, but I felt like I had learned so much. I wasn't sure why I was invited to participate in this tournament, but I guess it would sound weird to say that I'm glad I joined. I had many teachers who helped me to discover the hidden strength from within myself." He says, blinking slightly as he came to a realization. "I guess I never really needed that mind racer spell to begin with. Through that last fight, I guess I had the power all along, but I needed to believe in myself. Just like you had told me from the beginning. It also helps that I truly know what I'm fighting for. That's something Selene helped me to reaffirm. She may have been my opponent and my enemy, but she taught me a lot of what it's like to be a fighter and to be a pony. I guess in her own way, she was training me." He chuckled slightly, shaking his head as he didn't think that was the case.

14 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

@Unicorncob @DwhitetheGamer @dragon4111 @Dynamo Pad @Canteen_the_unstable@reader8363

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Inaudible shouting from the crowd slowed down to murmurs. There was an uneasy tension in the air while both Rokata and Jade waited to take the stand.

Rokata and Rail stood directly across from team Lotus with Onyx laying in a corner next to the unconscious Selene, and though they were down to just two and behind on points, they looked resolute.

"Don't act paranoid. They're down to one fighter and Jade is gonna wipe the floor with him," Shining Armor confidently stated. "I know how to sense magical energy. That Rokata guy has been putting on an act. Sure, he's tough, but he doesn't feel nearly as strong as his teammates did. He barely even registers compared to Jade."

"Loot at Rail," Quill instructed. Rail was standing tall, his head slightly cocked with a cigarette in his mouth. "Rail is no fighter. He's a middleaged businesspony with his entire fortune riding on this tournament. If Rokata loses, he'll lose everything he has and probably be imprisoned for his crimes."

"The body language isn't there. Either he's mislead, or he knows something we don't."

"I ask you to wait a moment longer," Rail said to Rokata. He removed his cigarette and stepped on it as he walked up on the ring. The murmurs in the crowd picked up as fans asked why the non-combatant was entering the ring. Rail approached Topaz and she gave him the microphone. "Thank you sweetheart."

Rail gave his daughter a pat on the head, but didn't acknowledge her. He turned to the crowd with his mic and addressed them. "Mares and gentlecolts, spectators and combatants alike, thank you all for joining me on this momentous occasion! The Dark Tournament has been my life's work, and this year's competition is its grandeous result." He paused and scanned the audience with an even expression. "We're about to witness the tournament's two stars, Rokata and Jade, battle at long last. The very spectacle that I set out to create."

"However, I believe you all agree that there is no way this tournament can end without a decisive victor. For the proceedings to end in a tie would be most anticlimactic. The people deserve better!" He glanced at Dynamo for a moment before tilting his head back up at the crowd. "My proposal is this, one final bet. The terms: If Jade wins this fight and this tournament, I give her team a prize that the tournament committee cannot. Her mentor, Tricis, did not die during the semifinals as you were all lead to believe, but her life is in danger. If Jade loses this fight, Tricis will lose her life. If Rokata loses, she will live, and I will give mine."

The crowd erupted into a fervor, asking confused questions to one another, mixed with cries to get on with the fight. Topaz stared up at him in shock.

"I do this as a stallion of the people," Rail declared, speaking over the crowd. "This tournament must decisively end with a contest between its two main stars. With two lives on the line for each team, this next will be, in effect, worth two points." He smiled confidently. "Of course, I can only do this if Jade, Shining Armor, and the honorable tournament committee accepts my terms."

Shining Armor glared at him. Damn it. He's been planning this the whole time. He really did prepare for everything. If we don't accept this deal, Rail could continue his plans after the tournament even if he loses.

@Canteen_the_unstable @reader8363 @dragon4111

Dynamo turned around as he felt a sort of intimidating aura. He gulped as he felt a shiver running up and down his spine. He knew he had gained a bit of confidence when fighting against Selene, but Rokata was different. "I don't think that's the case, Shining Armor. I think Quill makes a very good point." He glanced over towards the team owner with a look of disbelief. "Trust me. You weren't there when Tricis, Jade and I were watching Rokata fight. It was as if he wasn't even trying. It was like he was toying around with his opponents, before he took them down with no sense of remorse." He still felt traumatized from the memories of that day. He shook those thoughts out of his mind to try and get to the point. "What I'm trying to say that Rokata isn't putting up an act. Perhaps he is, but it's for a different reason. I get that Jade is strong, but she still has to be careful."

He was brought of his conversation as Rail started making his way towards the center of the ring. The blue unicorn narrowed his eyes as he didn't like the odd feeling within the air. As he spoke, Dynamo chose to listen and stay quiet. Wanting to see what Rail was trying to accomplish with this speech. He narrowed his eyes, before gritting his teeth as Rail had glanced over towards him. 'Yeah. You say better, but all you want is for the 'people' to turn into mindless, destruction loving yokai. Just to break down society and corrupt order, peace and harmony.' He thought, before his gaze softened slightly at the mention of Tricis was okay. "Wait a minute. Tricis is alright? I mean, how? I thought Jade had told me that we lost her?" He wondered if this was a trick, or if something had happened that nobody had known about. At the mention of the wager and how important this next round was going to be. Dynamo's jaw dropped slightly as he stared on in shock. "T-That's just insane. Rail is putting up a bet that basically decided everything. He's either insane, or he's really confident in himself." He knew the stakes were high, but it wasn't his choice to decide. In the end, it was up to Jade and Shining Armor to choose. Along with the tournament committee, as well. "What do you think we should do, captain?" He asks, turning his attention towards Jade.

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

@Literally Snails

"I've been in situations like this in my guild," Draco stated as he looked at Dai. "A rational mind prevails rather than making foolish decisions when you're scared," Draco stated as he looked at Dai. "I'll protect you," he whispered to her. He then looked at Jade and Dynamo. "Hmm wonder what's going through their minds,"

@Unicorncob@Dynamo Pad

16 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Jade's eyes widened at Rail's words. Tricis was alive? But how? She'd seen her with her own two eyes.

His proposal, however, filled her with a frustration she'd never felt before. Almost anger. He was offering his own life if Jade won the tournament and saved Tricis.

"Has your infernal contest not claimed enough souls?" she spat.

16 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

He was brought of his conversation as Rail started making his way towards the center of the ring. The blue unicorn narrowed his eyes as he didn't like the odd feeling within the air. As he spoke, Dynamo chose to listen and stay quiet. Wanting to see what Rail was trying to accomplish with this speech. He narrowed his eyes, before gritting his teeth as Rail had glanced over towards him. 'Yeah. You say better, but all you want is for the 'people' to turn into mindless, destruction loving yokai. Just to break down society and corrupt order, peace and harmony.' He thought, before his gaze softened slightly at the mention of Tricis was okay. "Wait a minute. Tricis is alright? I mean, how? I thought Jade had told me that we lost her?" He wondered if this was a trick, or if something had happened that nobody had known about. At the mention of the wager and how important this next round was going to be. Dynamo's jaw dropped slightly as he stared on in shock. "T-That's just insane. Rail is putting up a bet that basically decided everything. He's either insane, or he's really confident in himself." He knew the stakes were high, but it wasn't his choice to decide. In the end, it was up to Jade and Shining Armor to choose. Along with the tournament committee, as well. "What do you think we should do, captain?" He asks, turning his attention towards Jade.

She looked down at her hooves. "I... I do not want a life to be lost by my actions, but if Master Tricis truly is alive... what would she say if I traded her life for another?"

But if you lose, so does the world around you.

She looked up. Shao was right. Rail planned to allow yokai to take over every living creature and destroy all sense of harmony. She couldn't allow that, even if it came at the cost of a life. Besides, Tricis would be more disgusted if Jade simply laid down and allowed this madpony to win.

She turned to Shining Armour, all doubt removed from her glare. "We must accept."

Rose spat out her drink and paid the bartender for another and a bonus as an apology, She muttered under her breath, "I know he's a gambler, but to bet your own life on the outcome is insane." She clicked the cap off her bottle with her metal limb and guzzled half the bottle. She got up and started heading back to the field, wondering why save an old mare.

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Unicorncob said:

She looked down at her hooves. "I... I do not want a life to be lost by my actions, but if Master Tricis truly is alive... what would she say if I traded her life for another?"

But if you lose, so does the world around you.

She looked up. Shao was right. Rail planned to allow yokai to take over every living creature and destroy all sense of harmony. She couldn't allow that, even if it came at the cost of a life. Besides, Tricis would be more disgusted if Jade simply laid down and allowed this madpony to win.

She turned to Shining Armour, all doubt removed from her glare. "We must accept."

Shining Armor nodded and whispered to Jade, "I know you can do this." He stepped forward, speaking loudly enough to get picked up on Rail's mic. "Alright, Rail, we accept your bet!"

Rail nodded. "That's three parties in agreement. Now we just have to wait for the tournament committee to accept our ruling." Since Topaz was in no shape to make any announcements, Rail turned to the crowd and said, "There will be a short recess before the final round while the Tournament Committee considers this offer. In the meantime, all betting booths will be open for the next ten minutes."

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad @Literally Snails @reader8363 @dragon4111 @Unicorncob

Of course it was a set up by Rail.  Copper didn't know it from the time he checked Tricis's pulse, but he had a slight feeling it would when Rokata told him he was fine with being disowned.  Now that Rail confirmed it, he was more pissed than ever.  And to top it off, he had a sinking feeling that Rail was gonna pull a fast one on Team Lotus.  He slowly made his way onto the Arena Circle and pointed at Rail.  "I'm gonna tell you something right now," he stated.  "If you try to pull a fast one on us, not only will your reputation be destroyed, but not even Rokata can save you from my wrath.  But I will say this... you have a bounty on your head from someone who used to work for you.  If you do keep your promise, then there won't be a bounty for me to collect because you agreed to give up your life, and because of my honor code, I cannot accept the reward."

• Brohoof 1

14 hours ago, dragon4111 said:

"Jade would you kindly come here?" Draco asked simply with a grin as he felt everything healed up. He cracked his neck. He had something to say to Jade. And he would say it either way.

Jade narrowed her eyes and turned to look at Draco. She had a feeling she knew what was coming, given by the look on his face, and she really didn't need it at the moment.

"Before you speak," she said, "know that I am in no mood to be lectured on my decision."

8 hours ago, DwhitetheGamer said:

Now that Rail confirmed it, he was more pissed than ever.  And to top it off, he had a sinking feeling that Rail was gonna pull a fast one on Team Lotus.  He slowly made his way onto the Arena Circle and pointed at Rail.  "I'm gonna tell you something right now," he stated.  "If you try to pull a fast one on us, not only will your reputation be destroyed, but not even Rokata can save you from my wrath.  But I will say this... you have a bounty on your head from someone who used to work for you.  If you do keep your promise, then there won't be a bounty for me to collect because you agreed to give up your life, and because of my honor code, I cannot accept the reward."

Rail moved the mic away so his voice wasn't picked up. "I despise cheaters, Copper Strikes. There's no greater thrill in this world than a gamble and no easier way to ruin it than with a con. You're worrying about the wrong thing. Jade will lose in a fair fight." He sounded sincere, but he was still a difficult character to trust.

@Dynamo Pad @reader8363 @dragon4111 @Unicorncob @Canteen_the_unstable

Rail moved off the stage while many fans in the crowd got off their seats to go to the betting booths. The consensus was close, but more gamblers were putting their money on Jade to win.

Rail and Rokata stepped backstage and walked up into a less trafficked area of the stands to look over the crowd. "What exactly are we waiting for? You had me kill the tournament committee this morning." Rokata asked.

"I thought they could use a breather," Rail said, looking down at Jade from above. He lit a cigarette. "It really drives up the suspense, don't you think? Though I don't think the tournament committee will be hard to convince, considering."

• Brohoof 1

@Unicorncob @dragon4111 @Dynamo Pad @Canteen_the_unstable @DwhitetheGamer
Rose exit out onto the field and shouted, "Shining."  As she got closer to him, she added, "Please don't tell me that accepted that ludicrous challenge for a chance to save a random old mare." She was swirling the alchohol in the bottle without even knowing it. She knew that the old mare was important years ago, but that didn't matter right now.

• Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, dragon4111 said:

"I respect your decision," Draco stated simply as he walked/limped toward Rose. He was going to kick a mare's ass and break her bones if he needed too. And from the smell of her alcohol.tch yeah and ass kicking was needed.

Jade's expression softened from Draco's response. It wasn't what she expected, but she had to admit that it was refreshing. She simply nodded at him.

18 hours ago, reader8363 said:

Rose exit out onto the field and shouted, "Shining."  As she got closer to him, she added, "Please don't tell me that accepted that ludicrous challenge for a chance to save a random old mare." She was swirling the alchohol in the bottle without even knowing it. She knew that the old mare was important years ago, but that didn't matter right now.

Her ear flicked as she overheard Rose's comment, and she snapped her glare over to her. She closed her eyes, took a deep breath. Her gaze softened once again as she approached her teammate.

"Master Tricis is not 'a random old mare'," she said. "I have learned so much from her, and she has given so much to see us succeed in this tournament. If there is a chance to save her, and everypony else, then I will take it."

• Brohoof 1

21 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Rail moved the mic away so his voice wasn't picked up. "I despise cheaters, Copper Strikes. There's no greater thrill in this world than a gamble and no easier way to ruin it than with a con. You're worrying about the wrong thing. Jade will lose in a fair fight." He sounded sincere, but he was still a difficult character to trust.

Copper grumbled a bit.  He didn't trust Rail at all, and something told him that something bad was about to happen.  With that, though, he returned to his team's side of the Arena and sat down on the ground.  From there, he wrapped himself in an indestructible shield, and afterwards the light orange aura from earlier returned.  Now he was focused on returning back to full strength.  He hoped he wouldn't have to use any of his strength, but the feeling of being pulled a fast one was still in his mind.