Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Everfree Dark Tournament RP

Literally Snails

@Literally Snails @dragon4111 @Dynamo Pad @Unicorncob @reader8363

"Not much of a surprise there."

Copper's voice carried itself throughout the arena, enough to where both Rokata and Jade could hear him.  He looked over at Topaz and said, "I suppose both teams have to clear out the expanded Arena circle, yes?  If so, we'll move to the stands if necessary."  Then he turned his attention back to Jade.  "Jade, whatever those things around your hooves are that are holding you back, use whatever code you were given and go full force from this point on.  But be careful.  As you saw with me, you can only withstand your own heat for so long if you haven't fully mastered it.  If you overheat, it's game over."

• Brohoof 1

@Literally Snails @DwhitetheGamer@Unicorncob@Dynamo Pad

"Of course don't listen to a pony who's been fighting on the frontlines," Draco stated with some sarcasm to his voice as he shakes his head. "How disappointing," he stated as he walked away. "Guess me beating the shit out of her didn't teach her a damn thing about not going all out. She's holding back,"

• Brohoof 1

19 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

@reader8363 @dragon4111 @Dynamo Pad @DwhitetheGamer @Canteen_the_unstable

Jade really had hit him hard enough to throw him off his balance, and that opened him up for her next strike, which was hopefully her finisher. Her firey aura brightened in hue to a more yellow tint at the moment of impact, the explosive force of her strike blew apart the adjacent divider wall. Rokata rotated to his back from the force of the impact, and the ground beneath him became a crater. What was left of the ring was completely destroyed. Only chunks of segmented concrete remained scattered around. Even a large swath of the stands was obliterated. Though most of the rowdy fans had cleared out when they saw Jade's attack coming.

Topaz peeked her head out from behind a pillar of rubble, looking at the two combatants. Then she looked at the destroyed earth where the ring used to be. "I... guess they're both out of the ring now, but it's not like they can get back in."

Rokata lay with his eyes closed. Some dirt and debris covered his chest, and for a while he seemed to be unconscious, until he spread his wings, shaking some of the dust off his body. He raised a claw and grabbed the ground, pulling himself back on his hooves.

As the dust fell from his body, Jade saw that she hadn't even scratched his body. There was no bruising or bleeding. It's like he was a machine, and all she did was force a short reboot. "Is that really all you can do?" He asked with a tone of disgust and disappointment. "There must have been nothing left of Tricis, if that's all she was able to give you."

"This stallion... he really is invincible, isn't he?" Quill asked.

"Don't say that!" Shining Armor ordered. "Even if you think it's true, I don't need to hear it right now."

"I was expecting to be able to fight you with everything I have, but you've sorely disappointed me," Rokata said to Jade. "I wont need to use my true power to fight you. I can finish this as I am."

Jade's eyes widened as she saw Rokata stir from the wreckage, shaking the debris off and looking like she hadn't touched him. Not even a drop of blood from his face.

But she had seen worse than that.

18 hours ago, DwhitetheGamer said:

"Jade, whatever those things around your hooves are that are holding you back, use whatever code you were given and go full force from this point on.  But be careful.  As you saw with me, you can only withstand your own heat for so long if you haven't fully mastered it.  If you overheat, it's game over."

She looked down at the magical cuffs around her ankles. Was it really time to let herself go?

I'd say you're ready to lose the training wheels, so to speak.

She looked up at Rokata. He might not have looked it, but she was certain her attacks had some effect. "If you could finish me as you were, you would not need that monstrosity attached to your body. But, as you wish."

She took a deep breath, closed her eyes and murmured something under her breath. A single word. A word Tricis had taught her.

As the fight got underway, Dynamo watched as both fighters wasted no time in trying to deal damage to one another. With each strike, he could see both fighters were trying to gain a sort of advantage. It looked like Rokata was testing Jade, while his captain was having a difficult time in dealing damage. "I guess with how strong Rokata is, then he wouldn't really need to dodge. Either that, or he knows when it's the right time to dodge." He wondered aloud as Draco had yelled something about energy cuffs. He looked at his teammate to ask, but he soon noticed Draco had clutched where his heart was. He frowned slightly and shook his head. 'I know his advice is in the right direction, but he has to be careful. After the fight he went through, he needs to take it easy.' He thought as he turned his attention back towards the fight. He heard Copper's comment, before nodding in agreement. "She's probably trying to find the right time in releasing these energy cuffs. What they do? I honestly don't know, but she shouldn't release the energy cuffs until the right moment. Otherwise, she'll have given up the element of surprise and maybe a waste of energy." 

The blue unicorn grinned as Jade was able to score a direct hit, while sending Rokata through the wall of the stadium. The smile was short lived as he saw Rokata had easily stood up and made his way back into the ring. Not giving Rokata a chance to recover, Dynamo watched as Jade swooped in and sent the other team captain into a crater. "This doesn't even feel like a fight anymore. This is a no holds barred fight to the finish." He gulped as he knew that the matches before were nothing compared to this. He even looked back to the ring, or lack thereof. "So, this is basically the last pony standing. No ring means no ten count. So, it's going to be a battle of who wants to win."

19 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

@reader8363 @dragon4111 @Dynamo Pad @DwhitetheGamer @Canteen_the_unstable

Jade really had hit him hard enough to throw him off his balance, and that opened him up for her next strike, which was hopefully her finisher. Her firey aura brightened in hue to a more yellow tint at the moment of impact, the explosive force of her strike blew apart the adjacent divider wall. Rokata rotated to his back from the force of the impact, and the ground beneath him became a crater. What was left of the ring was completely destroyed. Only chunks of segmented concrete remained scattered around. Even a large swath of the stands was obliterated. Though most of the rowdy fans had cleared out when they saw Jade's attack coming.

Topaz peeked her head out from behind a pillar of rubble, looking at the two combatants. Then she looked at the destroyed earth where the ring used to be. "I... guess they're both out of the ring now, but it's not like they can get back in."

Rokata lay with his eyes closed. Some dirt and debris covered his chest, and for a while he seemed to be unconscious, until he spread his wings, shaking some of the dust off his body. He raised a claw and grabbed the ground, pulling himself back on his hooves.

Reveal hidden contents

As the dust fell from his body, Jade saw that she hadn't even scratched his body. There was no bruising or bleeding. It's like he was a machine, and all she did was force a short reboot. "Is that really all you can do?" He asked with a tone of disgust and disappointment. "There must have been nothing left of Tricis, if that's all she was able to give you."

"This stallion... he really is invincible, isn't he?" Quill asked.

"Don't say that!" Shining Armor ordered. "Even if you think it's true, I don't need to hear it right now."

"I was expecting to be able to fight you with everything I have, but you've sorely disappointed me," Rokata said to Jade. "I wont need to use my true power to fight you. I can finish this as I am."

@Unicorncob @DwhitetheGamer @reader8363 @dragon4111

Dynamo's eyes widened as he heard Rokata's voice. He let out a shaky sigh as the stallion had stood up from the onslaught. He also noticed as he saw Rokata didn't even have a scratch on him. "I know I should be surprised, but still. He had to have at least took some sort of damage during that attack, right?" He looked to Shining Armor, who looked to have been panicking, albeit slightly. "I don't want to agree, but I understand what Quill is talking about. I try to be hopeful, but I have to be a realist from time to time. I mean, Rokata didn't even take any sort of damage. How durable is he? My only guess would have to be the yokai he willingly accepted." He still believed that Jade could win, but he knew it would be an uphill battle. The blue unicorn watched as Jade looked down to the energy cuffs she wielded. "I don't know what those energy cuffs can do, but I think now is the time to use everything you've got, Captain."

• Brohoof 1

Rose didn't react when Rokata got up, she knew something was wrong with him. She walked up to the wall and used some of the rubble to climb onto the wall. It was Jade's fight, not her's. Trisis trained her and supposedly taught everything she knew. Jade can win, just has to use all she's got to

• Brohoof 1

"灵魂"

The sound of shattering glass echoed through the arena. The rings around Jade's hooves snapped off, fading into nothing.

The air around Jade's body began to ripple with heat. Flames began to spit from the tips of her hooves, spiralling up and around her legs. A pulse shot out from her across the arena, pushing spectators back in their seats, and she was ablaze with her red and yellow aura. Anyone who could sense energy would no doubt feel the sudden spike in power coming from her. She didn't show it, but even she was taken by surprise with how much stronger she felt without the cuffs.

She stalked toward Rokata, each step leaving behind a hoofprint burned into the soil. "I apologise for the delay."

@Literally Snails

• Brohoof 1

On 2/25/2020 at 8:59 AM, Dynamo Pad said:

"I don't want to agree, but I understand what Quill is talking about. I try to be hopeful, but I have to be a realist from time to time. I mean, Rokata didn't even take any sort of damage. How durable is he? My only guess would have to be the yokai he willingly accepted."

Shining Armor kept his eyes on Jade while Dynamo spoke to him. "Well, maybe those cuffs have something to do with why she cant hurt him? They look familiar..."

6 hours ago, Unicorncob said:

"灵魂"

The sound of shattering glass echoed through the arena. The rings around Jade's hooves snapped off, fading into nothing.

The air around Jade's body began to ripple with heat. Flames began to spit from the tips of her hooves, spiralling up and around her legs. A pulse shot out from her across the arena, pushing spectators back in their seats, and she was ablaze with her red and yellow aura. Anyone who could sense energy would no doubt feel the sudden spike in power coming from her. She didn't show it, but even she was taken by surprise with how much stronger she felt without the cuffs.

She stalked toward Rokata, each step leaving behind a hoofprint burned into the soil. "I apologise for the delay."

@Literally Snails

@Canteen_the_unstable

The pulse passed through the crowd, drawing silence from the typically rowdy crowd calling for blood.

"Now that's showmanship..." Tatterhoof said.

"It's not just like you can feel her from here. It's like she's all about at once!" Said Cumulus. "Its a good thing I fought her before she got the superpowers..."

@dragon4111

"She's already stronger than I ever thought a regular pony could be..." said Dai, planting her hooves in the ground to keep herself from blowing back.

Rokata glared at Jade with his brow set. "I should have expected she'd give you her cuffs." He said, "But I never would have expected you to be so arrogant. Did you really think you could defeat me wearing those?"

• Brohoof 1

@Literally Snails@Dynamo Pad@reader8363@DwhitetheGamer

"Hey Dai and Dynamo can you do me a favor and hand me the last talisman in my bag?" Draco asked as he looked at the the two with a grin with his one working eye. "I find it quite insulting that she's not taking this seriously. And I think that Rokata is a little ticked off.," he stated simply with a shake of his head.

18 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Rokata glared at Jade with his brow set. "I should have expected she'd give you her cuffs." He said, "But I never would have expected you to be so arrogant. Did you really think you could defeat me wearing those?"

"I didn't have much trouble fighting you with them." Jade allowed herself to smirk. Something inside her liked that she had gotten under Rokata's skin somewhat.

She stretched her neck, causing a gust of wind by spreading her wings. "Will taking them off suffice, then?"

7 hours ago, Unicorncob said:

"I didn't have much trouble fighting you with them." Jade allowed herself to smirk. Something inside her liked that she had gotten under Rokata's skin somewhat.

She stretched her neck, causing a gust of wind by spreading her wings. "Will taking them off suffice, then?"

"No more games, Jade," Rokata demanded, widening his stance while extending a claw with his digits curled into a fist. "Come at me with all you have. I want to see it."

He opened his claw, and with a simple flex of his muscles, sent out a sphere of destructive red energy that shot out at Jade like a cannon ball.

• Brohoof 1

12 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

"No more games, Jade," Rokata demanded, widening his stance while extending a claw with his digits curled into a fist. "Come at me with all you have. I want to see it."

He opened his claw, and with a simple flex of his muscles, sent out a sphere of destructive red energy that shot out at Jade like a cannon ball.

"As you wish."

Jade saw the sphere approach, almost like it were in slow motion. She jumped to the side, twisting herself and stretching and curling her wing to catch the sphere. She used its momentum to spin herself in place like a spiral of flames and lobbed the orb back at Rokata, its red energy gilded with her red-yellow aura.

On 2/28/2020 at 8:17 AM, Unicorncob said:

"As you wish."

Jade saw the sphere approach, almost like it were in slow motion. She jumped to the side, twisting herself and stretching and curling her wing to catch the sphere. She used its momentum to spin herself in place like a spiral of flames and lobbed the orb back at Rokata, its red energy gilded with her red-yellow aura.

Rokata watched her turn around his attack, impressed with her graceful technique. She has talent. That gives her a right to be proud. But graceful technique alone is not going to save her in this fight.

He reached out with his right claw and stopped the orb from moving closer. With a primal grunt and gritted teeth, he redirected the blast downward, creating an explosion of light and dust in the ground in front of him. Then he dashed to the right, sidestepping the crater to close the distance between him and Jade and swinging at her with a powerful kick.

• Brohoof 1

13 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Rokata watched her turn around his attack, impressed with her graceful technique. She has talent. That gives her a right to be proud. But graceful technique alone is not going to save her in this fight.

He reached out with his right claw and stopped the orb from moving closer. With a primal grunt and gritted teeth, he redirected the blast downward, creating an explosion of light and dust in the ground in front of him. Then he dashed to the right, sidestepping the crater to close the distance between him and Jade and swinging at her with a powerful kick.

Jade saw the explosion, in the moment thinking that this was her opening. She shot toward Rokata, closing the distance between them, and swung her leg at him for a kick to meet his own.

He's still quite fast, but at least now I can match him on all grounds.

On 3/3/2020 at 6:40 AM, Unicorncob said:

Jade saw the explosion, in the moment thinking that this was her opening. She shot toward Rokata, closing the distance between them, and swung her leg at him for a kick to meet his own.

He's still quite fast, but at least now I can match him on all grounds.

With the cuffs gone, it felt like Jade could do more than simply match Rokata. She swung at him faster than he could make a move, landing a solid blow to his chest that made him stumble back, She could feel the solid force of the strike and even left bruising on his chest.

• Brohoof 1

"Hmm well now if she only took my advice from the start. She wasted a lot of energy trying to match him," Draco stated as he shook his head. He walked toward his bag. He began to ruffle through it. HE was currently also using his battered body to shield Dai from the winds from the release of the cuffs. "I'll need to step it up If she can't cut it," Draco muttered to himself as he found the last talisman."Found you,"

13 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

With the cuffs gone, it felt like Jade could do more than simply match Rokata. She swung at him faster than he could make a move, landing a solid blow to his chest that made him stumble back, She could feel the solid force of the strike and even left bruising on his chest.

Jade stopped for just a moment, registering that she not only landed her strike before Rokata could act, but she left a bruise.

She continued just as soon, throwing blazing kicks toward every possible opening she could find.

On 3/6/2020 at 11:53 AM, Unicorncob said:

Jade stopped for just a moment, registering that she not only landed her strike before Rokata could act, but she left a bruise.

She continued just as soon, throwing blazing kicks toward every possible opening she could find.

Rokata retaliated with an under hoofed sweep to her chest during his window of opportunity, but he had to cut back on the force of his strike in order to quickly defend against Jades next flurry of blows.

Jade seemed to be in total control of the fight, forcing him back and pushing him into total defensiveness. He blocked with both hooves, but most of her strikes still landed. Despite her clear advantage, however, there was a cold look in Rokata's eyes, like he wasn't actually losing.

• Brohoof 1

Draco clicked his tongue as he said "He's toying with her. Testing her...But she clearly is still holding back," Draco stated simply as he placed a cloth into his mouth. He then placed the talisman onto himself. He began to convulse with pain as he felt the healing magic floor his system. He accelerated it with his own energy./ it was like a bull through a china shop. his wounded eye healed but it was milky white. It only took moments to heal but he tried to stand up once more He looked ready to fight should the mare not keep up.

11 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Rokata retaliated with an under hoofed sweep to her chest during his window of opportunity, but he had to cut back on the force of his strike in order to quickly defend against Jades next flurry of blows.

Jade seemed to be in total control of the fight, forcing him back and pushing him into total defensiveness. He blocked with both hooves, but most of her strikes still landed. Despite her clear advantage, however, there was a cold look in Rokata's eyes, like he wasn't actually losing.

Jade took the strike, too caught up in her attack to block properly, but it dealt significantly less damage due to his prioritising defence.

Despite her seeming to have the obvious advantage, Jade had a feeling Rokata was holding back. She caught the ice-cold glare in his eyes.

He's going to try something.

She kept up her barrage of kicks, but made sure to have at least one leg ready to leap away, should Rokata try to sneak an attack.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2020 at 7:01 AM, Unicorncob said:

Jade took the strike, too caught up in her attack to block properly, but it dealt significantly less damage due to his prioritising defence.

Despite her seeming to have the obvious advantage, Jade had a feeling Rokata was holding back. She caught the ice-cold glare in his eyes.

He's going to try something.

She kept up her barrage of kicks, but made sure to have at least one leg ready to leap away, should Rokata try to sneak an attack.

Rokata didn't seem to be trying anything. He was just taking the hits. His blocking became less and less effective until Jade found herself wailing on an enemy that didn't defend himself. She could feel cracking bones with some of her best landing strikes.

After one strong strike, he flew into the dividing wall between the stands, causing a massive section to collapse like it was hit with a wrecking ball. The audience nearby cleared away as Rokata was covered in rubble. Only one of Rokata's hooves was sticking out.

"She got him!" Shining Armor declared, but he seemed to choke up at the end as an uneasy feeling washed over the team. It felt like some sinister presence was growing.

Spoiler

Rokata's hoof twitched. The rubble ontop of him rolled off, creating hollow clinks and crumbling sounds. His body rose from the rubble, covered in white dust. His legs were mangled and he even looked a bit smaller, but there was a tepid smile on his face.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Rokata didn't seem to be trying anything. He was just taking the hits. His blocking became less and less effective until Jade found herself wailing on an enemy that didn't defend himself. She could feel cracking bones with some of her best landing strikes.

After one strong strike, he flew into the dividing wall between the stands, causing a massive section to collapse like it was hit with a wrecking ball. The audience nearby cleared away as Rokata was covered in rubble. Only one of Rokata's hooves was sticking out.

"She got him!" Shining Armor declared, but he seemed to choke up at the end as an uneasy feeling washed over the team. It felt like some sinister presence was growing.

Rokata's hoof twitched. The rubble ontop of him rolled off, creating hollow clinks and crumbling sounds. His body rose from the rubble, covered in white dust. His legs were mangled and he even looked a bit smaller, but there was a tepid smile on his face.

Jade watched as the rubble buried Rokata, leaving only a mangled hoof in view. She stood there, staring, wide-eyed and panting lightly.

"I... I got him?" she whispered.

Don't let your guard down. I sense something.

Soon, so did she. Something wrong. She saw Rokata rise from the debris, smiling. His body was nothing short of destroyed, but he was smiling.

She got into a stance, ready to move at the slightest twitch.

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Unicorncob said:

Jade watched as the rubble buried Rokata, leaving only a mangled hoof in view. She stood there, staring, wide-eyed and panting lightly.

"I... I got him?" she whispered.

Don't let your guard down. I sense something.

Soon, so did she. Something wrong. She saw Rokata rise from the debris, smiling. His body was nothing short of destroyed, but he was smiling.

She got into a stance, ready to move at the slightest twitch.

@Dynamo Pad@reader8363@DwhitetheGamer @Canteen_the_unstable @dragon4111

Rokata cocked his head and took a step forward. The few audience members who were still near him stepped back. Even they could sense the unease in the air. 

Spoiler

"Finally, Jade Lotus, you've done as I've asked," he said. His red aura swirled around him, raising high into the sky like a bonfire, sending out blazing lights. A sound accompanied his ghostly aura that sounded like distant moans of long forgotten souls, nothing like the loud, booming ringing that usually accompanied that size of aura. "I've waited too long for this, but finally my patience is rewarded."

He stood up on his hind haunches, lifting his arms and spreading both his claws. Jade could hear the sound of snapping joints and straining skin as veins appeared across his body along the lines of his purple tattoos. "I want you to watch this very closely, Jade Lotus. See the power your teacher hid from you!" He shouted. His aura shot straight into the sky like a beacon of light. For a moment, the dreary, cloudy day was bathed in sunlight as his aura burst through the overhanging ceiling and shot a hole through the clouds. "RAAAAAAAAAH!"

The pillar of light disappeared, leaving Rokata without a visible aura for a moment. That didn't last long as his aura exploded again, creating enough force to push back anyone near him merely by being in its presence during the explosive expansion. That included Topaz, who fell on her back near one of the dividing walls.

• Brohoof 1

Rose quietly watched the fight, knowing that it was going to get harder for Jade, She hopped up and walked away from where Rokata landed in the stands. Her ears flicked at the sound of the rubble shifting. She looked at him and said as she sat down, "Now he's going to show his true self." The shockwave sent her flying back across the arena floor, until her skidding was halted by rubble. a small trickle of blood ran down her side as she leaned against what she hit.

@Literally Snails @Unicorncob @dragon4111 @Dynamo Pad @reader8363

He expected this all too well.

Copper had a hunch that Rokata was going to have an explosion of power, much like one particular enemy he had faced months ago.  He didn't even flinch when the explosion of power happened, he expected it that much.

He growled loudly, sensing the kind of power Rokata has.  Even his limit broken state, which he did use for a short moment against Onyx, couldn't keep up with this... whatever this was.  He was getting angry, but felt a pop from his body.  The demon side of him was slowly transforming him, and as soon as he realized it, he started suppressing it quickly.  He didn't need that form yet, not now.  He needed to wait until the exact right moment.