Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Everfree Dark Tournament RP

Literally Snails

18 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Rokata cocked his head and took a step forward. The few audience members who were still near him stepped back. Even they could sense the unease in the air. 

"Finally, Jade Lotus, you've done as I've asked," he said. His red aura swirled around him, raising high into the sky like a bonfire, sending out blazing lights. A sound accompanied his ghostly aura that sounded like distant moans of long forgotten souls, nothing like the loud, booming ringing that usually accompanied that size of aura. "I've waited too long for this, but finally my patience is rewarded."

He stood up on his hind haunches, lifting his arms and spreading both his claws. Jade could hear the sound of snapping joints and straining skin as veins appeared across his body along the lines of his purple tattoos. "I want you to watch this very closely, Jade Lotus. See the power your teacher hid from you!" He shouted. His aura shot straight into the sky like a beacon of light. For a moment, the dreary, cloudy day was bathed in sunlight as his aura burst through the overhanging ceiling and shot a hole through the clouds. "RAAAAAAAAAH!"

The pillar of light disappeared, leaving Rokata without a visible aura for a moment. That didn't last long as his aura exploded again, creating enough force to push back anyone near him merely by being in its presence during the explosive expansion. That included Topaz, who fell on her back near one of the dividing walls.

The pulse sent Jade skidding back on her hooves, leaving four trails of dirt along the ground, but she kept her stance. She looked at Rokata, unsure of what to think for a moment. He truly was a monster now; no kind of pony could give off this kind of energy. It was... wrong.

Losing your nerve? I thought you'd battled worse than this.

She took a deep breath, steeled herself. She hunkered down, preparing to leap. And with no warning, she shot toward him like a bullet. To the untrained eye, it was like she'd vanished from sight.

She swung a kick toward his jaw again, her hoof blazing with her aura.

As he got out of the arena to be with the rest of his team in the crowd, Dynamo thought he had heard Jade saying something in a different language. He wasn't sure at the time, but he noticed the energy cuffs had shattered like glass. No sooner did they disappear, did the gamer pony notice flames had appeared around her. He could even feel the spike in energy climbing higher and higher. "Do you sense that energy? It's going higher than my energy spike from my battle." He soon noticed that with each step Jade took, he could see a hoof print burnt into the ground. 

On 2/26/2020 at 5:32 PM, Literally Snails said:

Shining Armor kept his eyes on Jade while Dynamo spoke to him. "Well, maybe those cuffs have something to do with why she cant hurt him? They look familiar..."

Dynamo nodded as he heard Shining Armor's response. "Maybe the cuffs had limited her power, while storing a strong boost in magic potential. I don't know what the cuffs are capable of, but maybe it was enough to give her energy a sort of super charge. Keep the cuffs on like weights for training, then the stronger you become." He would say, feeling surprised at how angry Rokata had been. He seemed like a level headed pony, but for him to temporarily lose his composure felt unheard of. "It seems like Jade got under his skin. If she's able to catch him off guard, then that will be her chance to strike." He would say as the fight began once again. He watched as Rokata launched a ball of destructive energy, before Jade had caught the energy orb and sending it flying back. The fight soon became a battle of close combat as both fighters rushed towards each other. The only difference from before was that Jade was able to gain the advantage and push Rokata back. "Whatever the energy cuffs did, it's starting to work. She's able to push him back and deal damage." He continued to watch as Jade's speed and power continued to increase.

With each strike, it looked like the tables had turned in Jade's favor. Dynamo watched as Rokata was pushed back on the defensive, while trying to block Jade's rapid fire of attacks. However, it seemed that guarding was useless as most of the strikes broke through. However, it looked like Rokata wasn't blocking that much on purpose anymore. To Dynamo, it looked like he was still underestimating Jade. Almost as if he still had the upper hoof in this fight. 'What's going on? What's Rokata even planning? He's going all out, isn't he, or is he still have something up his sleeve?' He thought as Jade sent Rokata flying into the dividing wall between the stands. While Dynamo was glad that Jade scored another direct hit, he shivered slightly as he felt a sense of dread wash over him. Once Rokata stepped out of the rubble, it looked like his body had shrunk, but he was still smiling. "What in the world just happened? It looks like Jade's attacks had some effect? He looks like a deflated beach ball. I guess this is the sort of way he can be damaged when getting attacked by someone." 

On 2/27/2020 at 1:31 AM, dragon4111 said:

@Literally Snails@Dynamo Pad@reader8363@DwhitetheGamer

"Hey Dai and Dynamo can you do me a favor and hand me the last talisman in my bag?" Draco asked as he looked at the the two with a grin with his one working eye. "I find it quite insulting that she's not taking this seriously. And I think that Rokata is a little ticked off.," he stated simply with a shake of his head.

On 3/6/2020 at 1:06 AM, dragon4111 said:

@Literally Snails@Dynamo Pad@reader8363@DwhitetheGamer

"Hmm well now if she only took my advice from the start. She wasted a lot of energy trying to match him," Draco stated as he shook his head. He walked toward his bag. He began to ruffle through it. HE was currently also using his battered body to shield Dai from the winds from the release of the cuffs. "I'll need to step it up If she can't cut it," Draco muttered to himself as he found the last talisman."Found you,"

Dynamo blinked as he turned to look over at his teammate. During the moment of feeling uneasy about the fight, he had forgotten that his teammate had called to him. "I'm sorry, Draco. Did you still need help in looking for whatever you were looking for? I guess I was really drawn into the fight that I had simply lost focus." He would say, seeing that Draco had found the talisman's he was searching for.

On 3/18/2020 at 4:02 PM, Literally Snails said:

@Dynamo Pad@reader8363@DwhitetheGamer @Canteen_the_unstable @dragon4111

Rokata cocked his head and took a step forward. The few audience members who were still near him stepped back. Even they could sense the unease in the air. 

Reveal hidden contents

"Finally, Jade Lotus, you've done as I've asked," he said. His red aura swirled around him, raising high into the sky like a bonfire, sending out blazing lights. A sound accompanied his ghostly aura that sounded like distant moans of long forgotten souls, nothing like the loud, booming ringing that usually accompanied that size of aura. "I've waited too long for this, but finally my patience is rewarded."

He stood up on his hind haunches, lifting his arms and spreading both his claws. Jade could hear the sound of snapping joints and straining skin as veins appeared across his body along the lines of his purple tattoos. "I want you to watch this very closely, Jade Lotus. See the power your teacher hid from you!" He shouted. His aura shot straight into the sky like a beacon of light. For a moment, the dreary, cloudy day was bathed in sunlight as his aura burst through the overhanging ceiling and shot a hole through the clouds. "RAAAAAAAAAH!"

The pillar of light disappeared, leaving Rokata without a visible aura for a moment. That didn't last long as his aura exploded again, creating enough force to push back anyone near him merely by being in its presence during the explosive expansion. That included Topaz, who fell on her back near one of the dividing walls.

The gamer pony was quickly pulled back into the fight as Rokata's aura flew into the sky like a beacon. Dynamo began to feel sick to his stomach as he could sense the amount of energy Rokata was radiating. He could feel himself being pushed back by the sheer power of his energy and force. "It looks like he's finally starting to go all out. It's like he's a wolf in sheep's clothing. The only difference is that now he's decided to shed his skin of his facade." He says, wondering how Jade would be able to handle Rokata now.

On 3/19/2020 at 9:33 AM, Unicorncob said:

The pulse sent Jade skidding back on her hooves, leaving four trails of dirt along the ground, but she kept her stance. She looked at Rokata, unsure of what to think for a moment. He truly was a monster now; no kind of pony could give off this kind of energy. It was... wrong.

Losing your nerve? I thought you'd battled worse than this.

Rokata's body transformed, obscured by the bright lights around him. His silhouette could be seen standing upright and jerking left and right as massive, muscular additions grew to his body. His hind hooves stretched out upright, his pelvis contorting to allow him to stand bipedal, and his hooves grew wide enough to balance his entire body. His shoulders broadened like armored pauldrons, pointed skyward at the tips. His body became muscular and monstrous like a minotaur, covered in pronounced veins and leathery skin. A pair of massive, feathered, gryphon wings grew from his back, bursting through the skin.

His head went through the most dramatic change. His snout changed into something resembling a fleshy beak with sharp gnarled fangs that stretched past his lips. Horns grew from his skull, pointed backward like tusks.

Rail dropped his lighter, standing in awe at what Rokata had transformed into. "So that's what he's been this whole time? It's more than I ever could have hoped for."

On 3/19/2020 at 9:33 AM, Unicorncob said:

She took a deep breath, steeled herself. She hunkered down, preparing to leap. And with no warning, she shot toward him like a bullet. To the untrained eye, it was like she'd vanished from sight.

She swung a kick toward his jaw again, her hoof blazing with her aura.

Rokata's beady eyes scanned the ring. One of his ears twitched in the direction she was coming from. She was aiming for his head from the right side. She thinks too much. Makes her predictable.

He stretched out his hoof and grabbed the flaming hoof, redirecting her momentum forward before pulling her back and causing whiplash. The flames around her hoof spread down his arm, singing and cracking the skin on his claw, but he didn't react to the pain.

Spoiler

"Are we going to have to do this again?" he asked. He squeezed her hoof hard enough to crush the bone in her foreleg. Then he tossed her back and looked at his claw where he blocked her hoof. There was a bit of purple blood traveling down his wrist, and his fingers were clearly broken, but those wounds healed in seconds. "Do you really constantly need other ponies to show you your own potential?"

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad

"As I said before Dynamo," Draco stated through clenched teeth. "She's gotta stop holding back," he stated with a sigh to himself. The clenched teeth was the residual pain  from the regeneration. "Hmm this is sad," Draco stated slightly to himself watching the fight.

4 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Rokata's body transformed, obscured by the bright lights around him. His silhouette could be seen standing upright and jerking left and right as massive, muscular additions grew to his body. His hind hooves stretched out upright, his pelvis contorting to allow him to stand bipedal, and his hooves grew wide enough to balance his entire body. His shoulders broadened like armored pauldrons, pointed skyward at the tips. His body became muscular and monstrous like a minotaur, covered in pronounced veins and leathery skin. A pair of massive, feathered, gryphon wings grew from his back, bursting through the skin.

His head went through the most dramatic change. His snout changed into something resembling a fleshy beak with sharp gnarled fangs that stretched past his lips. Horns grew from his skull, pointed backward like tusks.

Rail dropped his lighter, standing in awe at what Rokata had transformed into. "So that's what he's been this whole time? It's more than I ever could have hoped for."

Rokata's beady eyes scanned the ring. One of his ears twitched in the direction she was coming from. She was aiming for his head from the right side. She thinks too much. Makes her predictable.

He stretched out his hoof and grabbed the flaming hoof, redirecting her momentum forward before pulling her back and causing whiplash. The flames around her hoof spread down his arm, singing and cracking the skin on his claw, but he didn't react to the pain.

Reveal hidden contents

"Are we going to have to do this again?" he asked. He squeezed her hoof hard enough to crush the bone in her foreleg. Then he tossed her back and looked at his claw where he blocked her hoof. There was a bit of purple blood traveling down his wrist, and his fingers were clearly broken, but those wounds healed in seconds. "Do you really constantly need other ponies to show you your own potential?"

Dynamo could barely make out Rokata's new design from the bright lights surrounding him. The only thing that could be seen was his silhouette was now standing upright, while now being able to stand bipedal. As he finished transforming, Dynamo stared in shock at the Rokata's new look. It was as if he didn't even look like a pony anymore. "So, this is what his true self is like? It's like he's wearing his own kind of armor, while taking on an appearance to give him the necessary strength he needs. This is just insane." He watched as Rokata caught Jade's hoof, before hearing the bone cracking in her foreleg. The wound he received healed as quickly as it appeared. "It's like he's become immortal now. That's the only explanation I can think of." He gritted his teeth as it looked like Rokata had taken control of the match.

4 hours ago, dragon4111 said:

@Dynamo Pad

"As I said before Dynamo," Draco stated through clenched teeth. "She's gotta stop holding back," he stated with a sigh to himself. The clenched teeth was the residual pain  from the regeneration. "Hmm this is sad," Draco stated slightly to himself watching the fight.

Dynamo glanced slightly towards Draco as he heard his remark. "You make a good point, but that's the thing. It's not just about winning, but how do you defeat your own self? I've been thinking about this for a little while, but I've noticed something about our team and Rokata's. All the matches we've faced in the finals, it felt like we were facing our complete opposites. I mean, think about it. With Copper and Onyx, they both have incredible power and a strong will. The only thing I can say that's similar to Rose and Mason was the power of their shadows. Although, I know that Rose's shadow abilities are all her own and not because of a tenebris. I'm not sure what the similarity between you and Nin were, Draco. The only thing I can say is that you both are pretty daring with how you both fight. I know Selene and I both have unique and possibly strong magic. I just don't know the difference between her and myself. Now with Jade and Rokata? Both have been gifted with amazing power. The only question is if there is more to them being similar and what makes them different from each other. Besides the fact that Jade didn't accept any yokai abilities, or accept something so willingly like Rokata."

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad@Literally Snails@Unicorncob

"That's the thing my friend she needs to stop holding back," he stated simply. "Allow me to explain she is of the mind she can win this without killing him," Draco stated with a sigh. "But she needs to let go of that part of her for this match and open up that spark in her. To let that spark into a blazing inferno...Because if not I'll have to go up there and show her what it means to never hold back," he stated to Dynamo.

8 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Jade almost couldn't believe what she saw. Rokata had changed himself into some kind of griffon you would only find in the deepest pits of the spirit world.

Is this... who he really is?

9 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

A cry of pain escaped Jade as Rokata squeezed hard enough to shatter the bone in her leg. She just barely managed to recover in the air, but her broken leg stretched out awkwardly, like it was begging for Rokata to target it. She watched as the wound she inflicted heal within seconds. Like it didn't even matter what she did.

You can't save him.

I have to. I'm not like him.

What was it you said before? "Monsters were made to be slain?" That looks like a monster to me.

But there's a pony in there...

There was, not anymore. He sold his soul a long time ago, while yours is still burning. Tell me this; if you had a reason to kill, what would it be?

To... to protect somecreature.

And right now, thousands, if not millions of lives are at risk as long as Rokata draws breath. Killing to protect somecreature makes you much different than one who would kill for power.

Jade looked at her opponent across the ruined arena. His beady eyes focused, but devoid of any true life. No remorse, no pity, not a single emotion. Rokata had thrown away any semblance of a real pony a long time ago. She truly was fighting a monster now.

Her front hooves blazed again, and she glared into those dead eyes.

I might need some help.

Hope there's room for two at the helm, then.

She gasped, eyes widened, her aura dimishing right away, but she still hovered in the air. She groaned, curling into a ball. Flames started to spit out from her body, until she was coated in a swirling orb of pure fiery energy.

• Brohoof 1

On 3/25/2020 at 5:14 AM, dragon4111 said:

@Dynamo Pad@Literally Snails@Unicorncob

"That's the thing my friend she needs to stop holding back," he stated simply. "Allow me to explain she is of the mind she can win this without killing him," Draco stated with a sigh. "But she needs to let go of that part of her for this match and open up that spark in her. To let that spark into a blazing inferno...Because if not I'll have to go up there and show her what it means to never hold back," he stated to Dynamo.

Dynamo glanced over to Draco as he heard his teammate speak. He let his words sink in, before turning back towards the fight. “If she really is holding back, then it has to be more than just that. I get that it’s just about whether or not you can eliminate your opponent, but what is Jade trying to do?” He wondered aloud as he heard Jade’s pain from her now injured leg.

’Is she trying to save Rokata?’ He thought, before his eyes widened slightly in realization. ‘If that’s true, then is she able to? I mean, Tricis did say that Jade and I reminded her of Rokata. I just don’t know after seeing his true form being revealed. It’s almost as if there isn’t anything left of the old or true Rokata. However, Jade looks to be fighting to save him. So, I have to trust that my captain will be able to do what she can. Don’t give up, captain.’

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad

"Some ponies can't be saved Dynamo," Draco stated sadly as he shook his head. "For that is what I fear that is what's currently happening. He want's to probably die," Draco stated with a sigh. He placed his hoof to his forehead.

3 hours ago, dragon4111 said:

@Dynamo Pad

"Some ponies can't be saved Dynamo," Draco stated sadly as he shook his head. "For that is what I fear that is what's currently happening. He want's to probably die," Draco stated with a sigh. He placed his hoof to his forehead.

@DwhitetheGamer @Unicorncob @reader8363 @Canteen_the_unstable

Dynamo blinked as he heard Draco's response. "Did you happen to read my mind, or does my expression about this fight give it away?" He wondered, while not taking his eyes off of the fight. "I honestly don't know what Rokata wants from Jade at this point. They are both similar in some ways, yet the two of them are clearly different. Simply because Jade went down a different path that wasn't following in Rokata's hoof steps." He sighed as a moment with Selene had occurred to him. "I wonder if that's what Selene had meant during our fight." He would say, addressing the others that were standing around him. "She spoke to me in my mind during that last part of our fight, but it had me thinking. She said that she felt like a fool to think that their abilities, or possibly even ours, were the things that were meant to be tested in this tournament. That it was meant to push everyone to new heights, but she soon said that it was nothing like that. If it's not that, then what was this whole tournament even about? Just a spectator's sport to make bets and to eliminate any potential threats or competitions?"

Edited by Dynamo Pad

@Dynamo Pad

"Your expression gave it away," Draco stated simply. "That and the fact that some of my guidmates try and do that whole redemption for some ponies. While it works for rare occasions some ponies and other creatures who want to change.Or can't change. After all I should know that,"

7 minutes ago, dragon4111 said:

@Dynamo Pad

"Your expression gave it away," Draco stated simply. "That and the fact that some of my guidmates try and do that whole redemption for some ponies. While it works for rare occasions some ponies and other creatures who want to change.Or can't change. After all I should know that,"

"I guess I don't have what you'd call the best poker face." Dynamo slightly joked, before growing serious once more. "I suppose that not everyone is redeemable. It depends on if they are willing to change or if they are seen to be given that second chance. I guess I should know as I've dealt with bullies that I've tried to give a second chance. Just like Cosmic, Frozen and Cheap Shot. I've always tried to give them a chance as there should be good within everyone's heart. However, they only pushed me further away as they were too caught up in their revenge of the past." He would say, recalling the time that Draco and Snow had caught Cosmic and Frozen days ago.

@Dynamo Pad

"And now one of them can't use magic. Eh no big loss for a unicorn," Draco stated as he rubbed his neck. "I know that sounds cold but you can also train up your body and mind. Fight dirty do not rely on magic," he stated simply.

2 hours ago, dragon4111 said:

@Dynamo Pad

"And now one of them can't use magic. Eh no big loss for a unicorn," Draco stated as he rubbed his neck. "I know that sounds cold but you can also train up your body and mind. Fight dirty do not rely on magic," he stated simply.

"Ouch. That's a bit harsh, don't you think?" Dynamo responded. Wincing slightly at Draco's statement upon his two bullies. While he could understand Draco's form of logic. Dynamo still wouldn't wish ill will upon anyone. "I can see what you mean, though. Since it also depends on how badly you damaged the unicorn horn. I remembered in school that a unicorn's horn can grow back in time. It all depends on how badly it's broken, or something along those lines. It's why I trained with Copper when we were both in the same dojo. Since I couldn't use magic at that time, I had to work hard and train my body. Plus, if one relies on magic, then the opponent can exploit that weakness. They'd just stall out the user until there's no magic left. Once that's done, then they go in for the final strike." 

@Dynamo Pad

"Nope every advantage is good if you're on the battlefield. Plus it was his own fault for causing his own horn to blow up," Draco said with a chuckle. "Real life isn't like the fantasy novels ponies and other creatures read," Draco stated. "It's cold and harsh,"

On 3/25/2020 at 8:19 AM, Unicorncob said:

Jade looked at her opponent across the ruined arena. His beady eyes focused, but devoid of any true life. No remorse, no pity, not a single emotion. Rokata had thrown away any semblance of a real pony a long time ago. She truly was fighting a monster now.

Her front hooves blazed again, and she glared into those dead eyes.

I might need some help.

Hope there's room for two at the helm, then.

She gasped, eyes widened, her aura dimishing right away, but she still hovered in the air. She groaned, curling into a ball. Flames started to spit out from her body, until she was coated in a swirling orb of pure fiery energy.

And again she doesn't strike. Does she think she's being smart by always deferring the initiative to me? Rokata narrowed his eyes at Jade. He stepped to the side, cautiously circling his way to the middle of the arena.

@Canteen_the_unstable @Dynamo Pad @dragon4111 @reader8363 @DwhitetheGamer

His presence was felt by the weaker fans in the audience, making their hearts race and pores sweat like they were suddenly struck with fever. Even the stronger onlookers like the members of Teams Tatterhoof, lockdown, and Crimos could feel an effect, making them feel hot and as if the air around them was too heavy to comfortably breathe. Quill clenched her chest and fell to her knees.

There's something missing from Jade. Something in her eyes that isn't there. Perhaps she needs to lose some of her control. I can do that. Rokata smiled and flexed one of his massive claw, looking at his own muscles with fascination. This form was something even he rarely got to see. This was only the second time he'd seen his full power. "When I take on this form, I become something of a different person, Jade," He said with a devious smile.

Quill got back on her hooves with the help of Shining Armor. "There's something about that body," she said, looking at Rokata. "I need to get to my notes!"

"I really am quite ruthless in this form. I'll do whatever it takes to get what I want!" Rokata pointed an open palm at Jade's teammates and fired a powerful blast of demonic energy that impacted the ground beside them. Quill was about to run toward the direction of the exit, right in the path of the blast, but Shining Armor pulled her back. 

The dividing wall behind them collapsed into a massive pile of rubble, and entire section of the stands collapsed and a huge fissure split through the stadium all the way to the ceiling. Even though it wasn't a direct hit, Shining Armor's shield disintegrated like tissue paper in water. Shrapnel from the destroyed stands flew out at them, causing minor cuts and bruises, but no serious injuries. Shining Armor and Quill were closest to the explosion, and were blown back against the wall. With her teammates weakened by their own fights, a direct hit from that could have killed them.

Rokata looked at Jade and turned his claw slightly to the left, readjusting his aim. "I wonder if I'll... miss next time?"

• Brohoof 1

@Literally Snails

After everything that had transpired, Copper simply stood exactly where he was, his fur turning darker because of the smoke, even more annoyed.  He looked over at Quill to say, "That body's very powerful, yes, but it's damaging his body from within.  If Jade can figure that out, her strategy might change."

8 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

"I really am quite ruthless in this form. I'll do whatever it takes to get what I want!" Rokata pointed an open palm at Jade's teammates and fired a powerful blast of demonic energy that impacted the ground beside them. Quill was about to run toward the direction of the exit, right in the path of the blast, but Shining Armor pulled her back. 

The dividing wall behind them collapsed into a massive pile of rubble, and entire section of the stands collapsed and a huge fissure split through the stadium all the way to the ceiling. Even though it wasn't a direct hit, Shining Armor's shield disintegrated like tissue paper in water. Shrapnel from the destroyed stands flew out at them, causing minor cuts and bruises, but no serious injuries. Shining Armor and Quill were closest to the explosion, and were blown back against the wall. With her teammates weakened by their own fights, a direct hit from that could have killed them.

Rokata looked at Jade and turned his claw slightly to the left, readjusting his aim. "I wonder if I'll... miss next time?"

While Rokata was showing off his power, the fiery orb hovering over the arena was taking a shape. A long, scaly tail, two pairs of reptillian legs and claws, a long snout.

Soon, Jade could be seen hovering in the centre of a large blaze the shape of a dragon, its spittling wings flapping alongside her own. On its back was a huge dao sword of pure fire, to coincide with hers. Her pupils were narrow slits, and they were focused right on Rokata. A warmth could be felt across the arena, like a hot summer's day.

"I see impatience is one of your flaws. If you had just waited a minute more-" Suddenly, she moved at a speed untraceable to the untrained eye, almost like she'd disappeared completely. Rokata would suddenly feel a sharp, burning recoil on the side of his face, and then see Jade retracting a hoof, the dragon retracting a claw. "-you'd get what you've been begging for all this time. Tricis never mentioned you would act so much like a petulant child."

Edited by Unicorncob

On 3/27/2020 at 4:33 PM, dragon4111 said:

@Dynamo Pad

"Nope every advantage is good if you're on the battlefield. Plus it was his own fault for causing his own horn to blow up," Draco said with a chuckle. "Real life isn't like the fantasy novels ponies and other creatures read," Draco stated. "It's cold and harsh,"

Dynamo could only blink as he head listened to Draco's response. He remembered seeing Cosmic in the shape he was in. The only difference was that he didn't exactly know what had happened to his old bully. "After everything I've seen in this tournament. I've started to see how the reality of the world can really be at times. It can be cold and harsh, but then there are times it can be cool and caring. At least, that's what I think if you're able to find those irreplaceable friends." He knew that it was all up to the eye of the beholder and/or how someone was raised. Dynamo understood Draco's logic, but knew that everyone had their own way of viewing things.

On 3/28/2020 at 11:15 PM, Literally Snails said:

And again she doesn't strike. Does she think she's being smart by always deferring the initiative to me? Rokata narrowed his eyes at Jade. He stepped to the side, cautiously circling his way to the middle of the arena.

His presence was felt by the weaker fans in the audience, making their hearts race and pores sweat like they were suddenly struck with fever. Even the stronger onlookers like the members of Teams Tatterhoof, lockdown, and Crimos could feel an effect, making them feel hot and as if the air around them was too heavy to comfortably breathe. Quill clenched her chest and fell to her knees.

There's something missing from Jade. Something in her eyes that isn't there. Perhaps she needs to lose some of her control. I can do that. Rokata smiled and flexed one of his massive claw, looking at his own muscles with fascination. This form was something even he rarely got to see. This was only the second time he'd seen his full power. "When I take on this form, I become something of a different person, Jade," He said with a devious smile.

Quill got back on her hooves with the help of Shining Armor. "There's something about that body," she said, looking at Rokata. "I need to get to my notes!"

@DwhitetheGamer @reader8363

Just standing in Rokata's presence was enough to make Dynamo break into a sweat. He gasped for breath as the air became a little difficult to breath. He wasn't sure if it was just by Rokata's presence, his energy or both. However, it was definitely affecting the audience. He quickly glanced to the side to see Quill had dropped to her knees from Rokata's sudden energy pressure. Seeing Rokata's smile and remark was enough to make his skin crawl. "If that's the case, then you'd think he'd have a sort of split personality. Given that he doesn't even look like himself anymore." He muttered, his eyes soon widening as he sent a blast right at him and the others. As the blast sent Quill and Shining Armor flying, the gamer pony tried to move, but tripped as he was still weak from his fight. He had gained a bit of energy back, but he knew it wouldn't be enough to defend himself. He could only duck down as he threw his front hooves over his head to avoid any damage from the shrapnel. "Ugh...is everyone okay?" He slowly sat up to assess the situation. He looked over to see Copper, who looked a bit charred from the initial blast.

Everyone else looked a bit banged up with himself included. He had a few bruises and cuts, but nothing too serious. He looked over towards Shining Armor and Quill, who were blown away and slammed against the wall. "Shining Armor! Quill!" He called out to them in hopes they would wake up. He looked back to hear Rokata's other remark. It didn't help the blue unicorn in the fact that Shining Armor's shield had disintegrated like it was nothing. "So, that last attack was a warning? He's going to essentially try and use us in order for Jade to get serious." He gulped as he was hoping that wasn't the case.

On 3/29/2020 at 8:07 AM, Unicorncob said:

While Rokata was showing off his power, the fiery orb hovering over the arena was taking a shape. A long, scaly tail, two pairs of reptillian legs and claws, a long snout.

Soon, Jade could be seen hovering in the centre of a large blaze the shape of a dragon, its spittling wings flapping alongside her own. On its back was a huge dao sword of pure fire, to coincide with hers. Her pupils were narrow slits, and they were focused right on Rokata. A warmth could be felt across the arena, like a hot summer's day.

"I see impatience is one of your flaws. If you had just waited a minute more-" Suddenly, she moved at a speed untraceable to the untrained eye, almost like she'd disappeared completely. Rokata would suddenly feel a sharp, burning recoil on the side of his face, and then see Jade retracting a hoof, the dragon retracting a claw. "-you'd get what you've been begging for all this time. Tricis never mentioned you would act so much like a petulant child."

The gamer pony had to squint his eyes from the fiery glow that was taking shape within the arena. He could see Jade hovering in the blaze, while the blaze itself was taking the shape of a dragon. Her whole appearance had changed slightly, while Dynamo could feel a warmth within the arena. He blinked as she suddenly vanished, before reappearing at Rokata's side. "If this is what Rokata was looking for, then I hope this is it. It seems that Jade is now starting to take this even more seriously." He would say, tilting his head slightly in confusion. He thought he could hear another voice talking alongside Jade, but he wasn't sure why or how. He decided not to question it as he knew this was Jade's chance to fight back.

• Brohoof 3

On 3/29/2020 at 7:07 AM, Unicorncob said:

Rokata's eyes shifted when Jade made her dash. This time was different than when she moved quickly before. He really couldn't tell where she was, at least not physically. But Jade had a predictable fighting style. She never attacked from the front when given an option, and she never went for the back either. She would attack from the side. He raised a claw to block the claw swipe from the spectral dragon, but it was able to strike his head. He was sent off balance for a moment, but quickly planted his feet into the ground and only scoot back a few feet. "Perhaps that was enough."

• Brohoof 1

11 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Rokata's eyes shifted when Jade made her dash. This time was different than when she moved quickly before. He really couldn't tell where she was, at least not physically. But Jade had a predictable fighting style. She never attacked from the front when given an option, and she never went for the back either. She would attack from the side. He raised a claw to block the claw swipe from the spectral dragon, but it was able to strike his head. He was sent off balance for a moment, but quickly planted his feet into the ground and only scoot back a few feet. "Perhaps that was enough."

Perhaps it's time to try some new approaches. That block means he saw us coming.

Perhaps so.

Jade, and the fiery dragon around her, vanished with blinding speed again. She had noticed her new strength had sent Rokata back a few feet, but she was sure she could go further. The next thing Rokata would feel is a sharp, burning kick to the stomach, then up toward the chest.

@Literally Snails @Unicorncob

"..."

There seemed to be an off-putting atmosphere coming from Copper, but of course Jade and Rokata wouldn't feel it since they're the strongest ponies...

Strongest...

He sighed, knowing he couldn't do anything in his current state.  Why did he even agree to come here to begin with?  What was his original goal?  To kill Rail?  He would still do that, no doubt, but to think he was witnessing this stupid and pointless fight made him even more furious than ever.  And it was made worse that he couldn't do anything, and as an Merc who wanted to be the best that he could... it hurt his pride.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2020 at 8:03 AM, Unicorncob said:

Perhaps it's time to try some new approaches. That block means he saw us coming.

Perhaps so.

Jade, and the fiery dragon around her, vanished with blinding speed again. She had noticed her new strength had sent Rokata back a few feet, but she was sure she could go further. The next thing Rokata would feel is a sharp, burning kick to the stomach, then up toward the chest.

Rokata jumped back when she stopped in front of him, but  not in time to avoid the blow. She kicked him in the stomach with an explosive force that caused the concrete barrier behind Rokata to explode in a cloud of fine dust.

The beast stood his ground, however. He didn't budge from his position, and the burn on his chest  began to heal in front of Jade's eyes. He curled both claws into tight fists and opened his palms. There was a sharp  cracking sound that sounded like a gunshot and Jade's body was struck by two invisible projectiles with the force of cannon balls.

• Brohoof 1

16 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Rokata jumped back when she stopped in front of him, but  not in time to avoid the blow. She kicked him in the stomach with an explosive force that caused the concrete barrier behind Rokata to explode in a cloud of fine dust.

The beast stood his ground, however. He didn't budge from his position, and the burn on his chest  began to heal in front of Jade's eyes. He curled both claws into tight fists and opened his palms. There was a sharp  cracking sound that sounded like a gunshot and Jade's body was struck by two invisible projectiles with the force of cannon balls.

Jade was sent hurtling back from the blow, but recovered swiftly some meters away. She sped toward Rokata again, arching downward then suddenly straight up, aiming a kick square in his jaw.

• Brohoof 1

On 4/15/2020 at 8:20 AM, Unicorncob said:

Jade was sent hurtling back from the blow, but recovered swiftly some meters away. She sped toward Rokata again, arching downward then suddenly straight up, aiming a kick square in his jaw.

Rokata Took the punch, standing firm with his stance spread. This time she didn't even make him stumble back. His head tilted up with the force of the blow, and when it was over he tilted his neck back and spat. He pushed her away with an underhoofed sweep. Was this still not enough? For a moment it felt like she had the upper hand and now he was back to overpowering her. Even with all the energy Tricis gave her and all the effort she was exerting, Rokata was able to push her away.

"Can't you see it's pointless..." Rokata said. When Jade stood herself back up, Rokata opened his fist hit her with another one of his invisible canonballs to keep her down. "To waste yourself like she did. Never reaching the heights you could have if you just let go."

Spoiler

Next to the members of Team Crimos, Tatterhoof clenched his chest and lurched forward in his seat. Others around them were doing the same. Many members of the audience were already unconscious, unable to withstand the demonic presence that filled the ring, slowly draining their lives.

"It's like my innersides are moving around and my head is drowning in air!" Cumulus complained.

"Most of the audience is even too weak to leave their seats and the ring is falling around us..." Topaz announced. She was leaning against one of the dividing walls between the ring and the stands that was still intact, holding her mic close. "I don't know how much more of this I can take but I'll... try to officiate."

"I used to be a pony, Jade, I'd say that gives me the right perspective to judge them, and there's something missing from you. Something you used to have..." Rokata gave Jade time to stand herself up. "You aren't even fighting for yourself!" Rokata disappeared, and Jade briefly couldn't tell where he was because it felt like he was all around her. He reappeared behind her, standing on one knee, still dwarfing her in height.

He grabbed the back of her head and forced it into the dirt. "Are you really gonna watch all these people die?"

• Brohoof 1